Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2)

Game Master Eric Sklavos

The Cellers Map

Out of Initiative


151 to 200 of 641 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

With the goblin still in his face Hovok takes another swing at him hoping to finish it quickly so everyone can chase down the ones in the tower.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 25
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Assuming the power attack modifier doesn't impact the crit if not then decrease that by one.

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Sadly assuming that didn't confirm; if the goblin drops this round Hovok will then do a 5 ft. step towards the tower door.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Lucifer takes a stab at the goblin, but once again catches nothing but air.

Hovok decides he's had enough of these pests reaches around the corner of the wall and brings his hammer down on the creature, silencing it for good.

Purple is dead.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

I believe you would apply Power Attack to the confirmation roll. But that's a moot point now. Nice swing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Thanks and since the goblin died went ahead and moved Hovok a 5 ft. step towards the tower.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

Moving forward to a covering wall for protection, Jafit looks to the others.

"Looks like everyone's okay, for now? I just saw one in there as I moved up . . .."


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin will follow

ok so there is one left carefull that little rat might just pop out of the darkness

Neilmin gets ready and pulls out his quarter staff

so we going after that goblin


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

As Hovok smashes the purple Goblin, Jafit and Neilmin move up.

Initiative:
Round 2
Bolvurn
Purple
End of Round 2

Round 3
Voldarus
Red (-3 Hp)
Neilman
Blue
Jafit
Hovok (-3 Hp)
Lucifer

Bolvurn and Voldarus are up

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Can I charge this guy? I think I have a 20ft. straight line?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Actually, I think you can make it.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Voldarus lets out a laugh as he raises he club and charges the goblin.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

New AC 15


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

GM Screen:

Voldarus Percep1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Voldarus Percep2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Voldarus charges in and swings at the goblin with his greatclub, but the goblin is a bit too quick and the club just catches air.

The blue goblin screams something as it moves out of the way of Voldarus's club and a high-pitched cackle is heard as all of a sudden the ceiling caves in around the openning Voldarus just charged through, seperating him from the rest of the party.

The torch on the ground Bolvurn threw is also extinguished by the cave-in; it's now pitch-black again.

Jafit needs to make a Reflex save.

Failed Reflex DC 12:

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 and you are partially buried in the rubble . . .

Voldarus:

As the ceiling collapses behind you trapping you in the room apart from the rest of the party, you see the tapestry on the south-east corner of the room move a bit, as if it's hiding a passageway.

Blue takes a swing at Voldarus, then moves out of the corner.
Dogslicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Voldarus gets an AoO

Initiative:
Round 3
Neilman
Blue
Jafit
Hovok
(-3 Hp)
Lucifer
Bolvurn

End of Round 3

Round 4
Voldarus
Red (-3 Hp)

The Party is up.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The ifrit dances out from under the falling rubble like a flame skittering away from the wind.

"THAT's why we didn't want to pull on the first rope. Anybody see another way around, or do we need to start digging?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Again the half-orc swings wide and a snarl of frustration crosses his face.

Is this darkness that I can see through? I assume it is.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

@Voldarus: Yes, it's the same darkness as everywhere else so far.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Am I in a separate initiative? I just noticed the division.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 17(18)/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

With his smaller frame, Lucifer moves up to the rubble blocking the way into the tower and looks for any narrow passages ways he can slip through to get into the tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Voldarus, you get your normal attack too for Round 4.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??
Voldarus wrote:
Am I in a separate initiative? I just noticed the division.

No, the division is the end of Round 3, top of Round 4.

@Lucifer: The ceiling collapse has seemed to completely block passage between rooms as far as you can tell.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Damn wonder how stable that pile is? Do you see a way through from up there Lucifer?

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Wasn't sure if I could take 20 since we are still in initiative and is there any starting points where we can start digging.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Taking 20 on a skill takes 2 minutes minimum. Also, can't take 20 on a knowledge check.

The pile looks pretty stable. You think it would take hours to clear it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Welp doesn't appear we will be getting through that way...Though doubt the coward would bury himself alive so there must be another way in...Lucifer want to lead the way again see what we have ahead of us.

Looks at Neilman and Bolvurn

Sorry got flint and steel to make a fire but didn't think to bring any torches.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Voldarus takes note of what he sees, but is seemingly unfazed by the collapse. He has one thing in mind and that is caving in this goblins skull. He takes a step up and swings with all his might at the goblin.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He snarls and begins to get angry at his ineffectiveness.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 17(18)/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Lucifer frowns, "There is no way through this rubble. The only other option I see is if we move further into the tower and hope heading toward the tower leads to another entrance."

With that said, Lucifer heads toward the southern door and waits to see if the others agree before he opens it and moves onward.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

I'm going to keep everyone in initiative for now.

As confusion ensues outside the tower, Voldarus keeps his focus on the goblin, but the goblin remains elusive to his club.

Neilman and Bolvurn are up.


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin moves up behind Lucifer.

I'll move when I get to computer


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

For the sake of moving on. . . Bolvurn gets out another torch and lights it.

@Neilmin, you can move up, but you're blind outside of the light just lit by Bolvurn.

Voldarus:
Blue pulls back the curtain and walks down a tunnel. The tapestry falls back in place, but you see a narrow tunnel behind it. Move action to move the tapestry, move action to move down the tunnel. You get another Attack of opportunity.

Initiative:
Round 4
Neilman
Blue
Jafit
Hovok
(-3 Hp)
Lucifer
Bolvurn

End of Round 3

Round 5
Voldarus
Red (-3 Hp)

The Party is up.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

GM:

AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If that kills him he will search the room quickly and then head down the passage.

If that doesn't kill him Voldarus will move the tapestry and chase the goblin down the path.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Voldarus:
You swing and the greatclub glances off his armor. You move the tapestry aside and find yourself in a tight passageway fit for a smaller creature than yourself. Medium creatures must squeeze through the tunnel. As you make your way a few feet in,
you see the goblin running around another corner, its laughter echoing through the tunnel.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 17(18)/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Lucifer opens the door and slips inside the new room, quickly looking around for any dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

GM:
Voldarus continues to squeeze through the passage, cursing the whole way. Should be a double move atvhalf speed, so 20 feet through the tunnel.

Edit: I just looked at the map and it seems that I could move up and attack because I can mive 10 feet per move. If so here is the roll. If not just continue the chase.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Current AC=13

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Hovok waits about a 5 count before following Lucifer in shield up and warhammer ready.

Course that could change if Lucifer sees anything


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Lucifer opens the door to reveal:

From this curving room, doors lead north and south, and a passage leads west. A small table with four rickety chairs sits in the middle of the room. A pair of dice lies on the table amid cups and plates.

Lucifer:
Along the east wall, you spot a piece of canvas painted to blend in with the wall, beyond it you hear the sounds of something coming from behind the canvas.

Voldarus:
It took a move action to open move the canvas aside to gain access so only a single move into the tunnel at half movement. You're unable to get to the goblin on this turn.

Neilman, Jafit, Hovok, Bolvurn to go.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

The ifrit follows the others deeper into the building, hoping they can reconnect to the one lost soul . . ..

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

After not hearing anything from Lucifer, Hovok moves into the center of the room and takes a good look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Jafit moves up behind Lucifer as Hovok moves into the middle of the room. Hovok doesn't see anything out of the ordinary, but he can see down the hallway into the other room.


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin moves into the next room with caution

Which why you guys wanna check the door or go down the hallway?

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

"Should be trying to get to our left to find him, shouldn't we?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

@Neilmin: What are you using as a light source?


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

forgotten about the darkness how far are we able to see?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

@Neilman: Those without darkvision can't see at all without a light source, and the darkness consumes all the light from any light source after 5' from the source. If you want, I'll allow you to grab the torch Bolvurn lit and move behind Lucifer instead of moving into the room.

As the party moves in the room, shouting, presumably in goblin, can be heard beyond the south door.

All of a sudden, from behind a canvas painted to look like the wall a goblin comes running out, and heads to the south door.

Initiative:
Round 5
Neilman
Blue
Jafit
Hovok
(-3 Hp)
Lucifer
Bolvurn

End of Round 5

Round 6
Voldarus
Red (-3 Hp)

The Party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Seeing the Goblin Hovok moves forward taking a powerful swing at the goblin hoping to stop him from opening the door for a little longer.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 - 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Sadly don't think I am stopping him with that roll.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 17(18)/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Spotting the goblin run from behind the canvas toward the south door, Lucifer dashes toward it with his sword leading the way as he lunges into the goblin.

Short Sword vs Red Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Move Action: 20'
Standard Action: Attack

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

The ifrit keeps up with the frontline, but doesn't get close enough to the fleeing goblin to take an attack.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Voldarus curses the goblin as he continues to squeeze through the tunnel.

[double move at half speed 20 ft.]


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

what is going on with Bolvurn he hasn't posted in a while?

Neilmin grabs the torch from Bolvurn and scurrys twords the rest of the group


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Hovok and Lucifer move in and swing at the goblin, both missing their mark.

Neilman grabs the torch from Bolvurn and moves into the room.

Voldarus squeezes his way down the tiny passageway cursing the goblins all the way.

Jafit moves into the room as well.

Red turns and swings his dogslicer at the dwarf, but the blade deflects off of Hovok's armor harmlessly.

Dogslicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Blue turns toward the half-orc chasing him raising his blade.

Initiative:
Round 6
Neilman
Blue
Jafit
Hovok
(-3 Hp)
Lucifer
Bolvurn

End of Round 6

Round 7
Voldarus
Red (-3 Hp)

The Party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 23/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions

Finally found your courage I see...Not going to change the outcome though.

Hovok steps to the side taking another swing at the goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 17(18)/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Lucifer smiles at the goblin for staying to fight. With that sentiment given, Lucifer slips behind him to flank him and aims for a nice a squishy spot to impale him.

Sword (+Flanking) vs Red Goblin: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Damage (+Sneak): 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8

Free Action: 5' Step
Standard Action: Attack

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

Not really wanting to get close to the guys with the pointy things being waved around, the math becomes pretty obvious, so Jafit moves into what he hopes will become a flank, and tries to look threatening with his shortspear.

Aid Another for attack bonus: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12 Yay! Now, if only Voldarus will come use a +4 to hit . . ..

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

A guttural, booming sound emanates from the passage.

Orcish:

"When I catch you, I'll beat you to a right pulp I will" he yells to the goblin so frustrated that he forgot what language to speak.

He moves through the passage with purpose.

Only a single move at half speed this time


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Hovok and Lucifer team up and finish off the goblin.

Jafit moves toward the noise from behind the canvas. It's a move action to move the canvas aside, similar to opening a door, so you can use a second move action to do just that, or you still have a standard action. You won't be able to aid or attack blue this turn.

Neilman and Bolvurn are up. Jafit had a standard action remaining.

151 to 200 of 641 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.