Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


401 to 450 of 980 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

U3

"Heh, criminal?" Zal smiled sharply. "I volunteered. You know, those who join of their free will get a bonus. My name is Merlok Zaldon,"
He then ponders the rat question. "Will that be necessary? There are more than a dozen methods to make someone talk without one. I prefer to make it clear and easy to understand it is in their best interest to tell everything and anything that may be of advantage."
Zal looks at the kobold. "You don't plan to use a rat and a heated up bucket, do you?" As he awaits the answer he takes a closer look at the interesting half-giant.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal chuckles at his cousin's comments "I would hope our children our not fat. Over weight Drow or in this case, half-Drow, don't make it very far."


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

No I find that the rat is too unpredictable in those situations. Sometimes it eats it's way out before they give up what they know. Besides I doubt this poor sap did enough wrong to deserve that. My attitude could change though...if he doesn't want to cooperate. As to the purpose for the rat. I plan on showing him exactly what his life is worth to me.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

U3
Continues to keep an eye on Jimbli


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1 Don't forget your group designations when you talk.

Kalmafein wrote:
Kal chuckles at his cousin's comments "I would hope our children our not fat. Over weight Drow or in this case, half-Drow, don't make it very far."

Mer swirls his drink and inspects it thorougly after the first sip. Then he waves his hand over it murmuring slightly, drinks another sip, then looks much more pleased with that sip than the first.

"It is a rarity. Running is often the lifestlye of choice for Drow children who wish to become adults."

P.S. Slight ret-con. Mer would have cast detect poison before drinking anything. Assuming there is none everything would have played out as it has.


U3

Tenoch quietly returns to the guardhouse with the others, leaving Malachai to watch over Jimbli.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

sorry, missed the treating kobold post. Thought you were still yelling from the rooftops.
Graal heads back to te guardhouse. Keeping an eye out for rats along the way.
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

I'm still here, Actually just waiting to hear if I find a rat. Didn't want to assume anything. I need it to help the kobold I think it's just you and I going to guardhouse

You most certainly can. What's your name anyways? Keep your eye out for rats on the way back. If we can surprise one or two and catch it, it will make interrogating this kobold a bit easier. Hope you don't mind the slow speed, this armor is heavy as hell. He stomps his feet to emphasize his point and you hear scraping and clamoring of metal and hinges. How did you end up in the guard, you don't look like a criminal. Did someone give you no choice? That's how it was for me, though I must say I'm starting to like this job. First day and I already have someone to acquaint myself with. He pats the kobold again Do you have any fun skills? I'd tell you mine but that might ruin the surprise when we get this guy locked up.

Unit Three

It is surprisingly difficult to find a rat. Or any of the vermin you would expect to find in a place like this. The closest you can find is a sickly pigeon that has just crashed on the roof of a nearby building.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

hmm that may do. Would you mind climbing up there and getting that for me Zal?


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

I know it is a bit confusing, but I introduced myself as Merlok Zaldon.

"Merlok" sighs and looks around, he hopes he can spot a mouse or rat to avoid this extra and unnecessary climbing.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

As it doesn't look like he had luck, he goes for it. "Fine, but don't make it a habit to give me such fetch quests." Zal looks for an easy way up, taking it slowly not to fall because of such silly thing.

Climb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Sorry missed the introduction I guess

I'll stop making it a habit right now. No sense in doing it if you wont enjoy it. I thought you liked being on top of buildings because of our first meeting. I most certainly wouldn't have you do something you didn't enjoy. It's not essential to my plan anyways just a bit of theatrics to really let the kobold know we mean business. We will just have to hope there are more rats near the guardhouse. Honestly any small animal will do just as long as it's life would seem insignificant to a kobold.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal looks at him from halfway up. "I heard the battle and considered it a good idea to see what it is about from the top of a building, not knowing who the fighting participants were it seemed logical to do so. I was able to take my time to get up, there was also a nearby ladder. Then I helped out because I saw it was just some dirty kobolds on one side. Still, I admit I was not sure if you folks were whom I looked for, or just some street gang, so I did consider the option to just go away without a word after the fight, or to stay for longer atop the roof."


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Well, I bet you wish you hadn't helped us now that I have you running quests eh. Ignot raises his helmet visor and you see him smiling widely. You also see his eyes, blue like a hot flame, and a stark contrast to his pitch black skin. Seriously, Merlok, get on down if you'd like. I'd rather we all have fun on my first day. As you already said, there are many ways of making people talk. Perhaps we'll have to try one of those instead. I'm always in the mood to learn new methods.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

"Almost there." Zal decided if he was already nearly there he won't go down empty handed.

I use a daily spell for True Strike to capture the damn animal, I don't want to roll an 1 or something for this.

Capturing the bird he then places it in his bag, it will not suffocate while he climbs down. Once down, he hands the animal to Ignot.
"There." As the half-giant takes it over Zal thinks how he needs to improve his skill to either climb or some arcane ability he should learn to just "be" there.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Ignot holds tight to the bird and seems to focus on it as you see his pupils dilate a bit.

Will save from bird DC 15 or it's in the collective. I'll just keep trying too unless it escapes. So currently Kobold, Malachai, and hopefully bird are in collective

Alright, Let's get back to the guardhouse, lest either of these two escape.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

When Brigitte brings them back their food Kal smiles at her once again "Well Brigitte, I'd definitely like to get to know you more, but I am currently on the job. Myself and these others are new recruits on the city watch. Any chance you know of anything unpleasant going on that could use our help? If so, I promise to make it worth your while." 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Diplomacy He keeps his voice low, so others don't over hear them, but covers it by saying a bit loudly "My compliments to the chef, this is delicious!"


Unit One

Brigitte blinked and looked a bit taken aback when he mentioned he was working for the watch. She sighed. "Why is it I always go for the crazy ones?"

She glanced over her shoulder and gave a small wave to an impatient duergar to indicate she'd be right there.

"Look, this isn't a great time to talk. I get a break soon. Meet me in front of Bert's Mining Supplies in a half hour. It's in the Undercity. You get there through the other door," she said nodding towards the back.

"Stow it, Fuzzbucket," she snapped at the duergar, walking over to see what he wanted. "And so help me, if that hand touches my bottom again, you will not be getting it back," she snapped.


Unit Three

Yes, the bird fails its save. It's not like diseased pigeons have high saves. :P


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:

Unit One

Brigitte blinked and looked a bit taken aback when he mentioned he was working for the watch. She sighed. "Why is it I always go for the crazy ones?"

She glanced over her shoulder and gave a small wave to an impatient duergar to indicate she'd be right there.

"Look, this isn't a great time to talk. I get a break soon. Meet me in front of Bert's Mining Supplies in a half hour. It's in the Undercity. You get there through the other door," she said nodding towards the back.

"Stow it, Fuzzbucket," she snapped at the duergar, walking over to see what he wanted. "And so help me, if that hand touches my bottom again, you will not be getting it back," she snapped.

"Finally a little intrigue." Mer says in a happy tone, but quiet enough for only the table to hear. "We should head that way momentarily. "


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Is unit 2 not getting any updates?


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal smiles at her comment about the crazies "Because we always know how to have more fun." He nods his assent to meeting her later. He then finishes his meal and leaves her a rather decent tip.

"Alright Kolm, down the rabbit hole we go, so you take lead oh armored one" The Drow says with a grin.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Upon returning to the guardhouse...

Is there anywhere we can store some trash for a couple hours? Preferably somewhere private. I've got some questions that I'd like answered.

Ignot's visor is still up and he indicates the unconscious kobold on his shoulder with his eyes.


Goliath, sorry for the lack of updates on Unit 2. I did lose track of you guys a bit. Mea culpa and thanks for reminding me. :)

Unit Two

The walk back to the guardhouse is a bit challenging without Nico to guide them, but they manage to make it with a little help from the rescued urchins. When they get there, a group of unfamiliar people are there talking with Shifty-Eye; A half-giant, a thri-kreen, a halfling and a human.

"These the new recruits or are you starting an orphanage and nobody told me?" the human girl joked, her blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

"The tall ones are the new recruits. The short ones are probably what they rescued from the warehouse," Shifty-Eye growled. "What happened to the halfling? And Nico?"


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

Upon returning to the guardhouse...

Is there anywhere we can store some trash for a couple hours? Preferably somewhere private. I've got some questions that I'd like answered.

Ignot's visor is still up and he indicates the unconscious kobold on his shoulder with his eyes.

Shifty-Eye barely glances at him. "There's a holding cell over thataway," he said, distracted, waving towards a door on the other side of the room.

The thri-kreen rubbed his 'hands' together as he leaned forward eagerly.
"May I obzzerve?" he asked in his strange, buzzing voice. "I am very interezzted in zztudying interrogation techniquezz."


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Sure thing. Just make sure you observe only I don't need someone stepping in and ruining the moment when were about to break him. Heck I'm not even sure he's going to put up much of a fight.

Ignot moves to the door and opens it looking inside at what he's got to work with. Then walks in and places the kobold on whatever flat surface he can find, even if it's just the floor. He waits for the others to come in and shut the door. He then places the injured pigeon near the kobolds face but out of reach, and lowers his visor.

When everyone is in I'm going to drain health from the pigeon and give it to the kobold making him conscious and if possible keeping the pigeon barely alive. I can take 10hp from the pigeon and if necessary redistribute some back using collective healing to insure it's survival.

Ignot looks down at the poor pathetic kobold, and says in his booming interrogation voice and in common...

Do you see that pigeon little kobold. It gave it's life so that you could live. Honestly I have no concern for either of your lives. The fact of the matter is though, only one of you will be leaving this room alive today. If you want it to be you all you have to do is tell me why you were attacking those goblins, and who gave you the drugs...I'm a very patient man so you take your time thinking about what you want to say.

Working up to an intimidate check but I don't think now is the time


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

"That Rothe was good. I'll have to get meself another on our way back through."

Kalmafein wrote:


"Alright Kolm, down the rabbit hole we go, so you take lead oh armored one" The Drow says with a grin.

Kolm gets up from the table. "Alright, alright. Let's get a move on," he says, walking over to aforementioned door.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Kolm Godhand wrote:

"That Rothe was good. I'll have to get meself another on our way back through."

Kalmafein wrote:


"Alright Kolm, down the rabbit hole we go, so you take lead oh armored one" The Drow says with a grin.
Kolm gets up from the table. "Alright, alright. Let's get a move on," he says, walking over to aforementioned door.

Meredian follows suite


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Unit 2

They stayed behind trying to get a lead on the buyers. Secure this guy... As he tosses the body down. Got some questions for him when he wakes. I need to prepare a new formula. Do We have another assignment yet?

Goliath starts to brew up a new mutagen waiting for the guy to wake up. He feels one in the group with more diplomacy should ask questions before he steps in.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

While Goliath prepares his alchemical mixture, Wynnie prepares to have a go with the prisoner when he awakes. "Well hello there, Mister...?" Either way he gives his name, Wynnie continues.

"Let's talk about what happened. You had a bunch of crates with kids in them. This is fact, we found them. Now I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of stories about not knowing what was in them, but ignorance is no excuse for the law."

"So let's discuss our options. Right now, if this was some other part of town, you'd get a magistrate to decide your judgement and all that. But we're not in some other part of town. We're here in the Warrens. That means right now you're pretty much facing execution."

"Now I'm a reasonable woman. I don't want to kill anyone if I can help it. Not going to lie, selling kids off, I really don't like that. But I'm not after you, you're just a minor thug. I'm after whoever you work for."

"So this is what I'm recommending. Just tell me what you know, and I'm sure there's something we can work out."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Unit One

The group heads through the back door into a whole other bustling city. The street is lined with shops and glowing moss lines the ceiling overhead giving everything a strange greenish cast to it. Undercommon is the language of choice here. Bert's Mining Supplies is only a half block away. Inside the store a dire mole can be seen bustling around and helping customers.

Perception checks please.


Unit Two

Goliath's answer seems to mollify the ones who were worried about the missing members.

"No new assignment yet," Shifty-eye said. "Gotta finish the interrogations. Plus what are we supposed to do with all these kids, eh?" he asked looking askance at the group of grubby children now infesting his office.

The half-giant spoke up. "I could take them to the temple of Sarenrae in Old Town. If they do not have homes to go back to."

"Fine, fine. Do what you like. Just get 'em out of my office."

The half orc looked at Wynnie in disbelief. "No care about law. Law not so bad. Get dead iffen I tell you anything. Dead bad."


Unit Three

Jimbli has gotten as much info as he's going to so he and Mal should head back to the guardhouse to share.

The kobold looks at the pigeon and lunges forward teeth snapping. Its eyes are wild and it seems unable to form coherent words.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal leaves the scene and goes to explore the guardhouse and find a decent room/bed for himself to claim as his own. After that, he invites shifty-eye to a drink.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

CALM YOURSELF FOOL Ignot Chastises. Manifesting Collapse augmented to make him fatigued for 3 rounds on failed save so DC 16 fort with a -2 penalty


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

U3
Mal follows Zimbli for a bit, then catches up and walks with him back to the guardhouse.
"Find out anything?"


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One

Perception:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Unit One

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Kolm would have taken his Dorn-Dergar back out while waiting for Brigitte and/or walking through the streets.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Unit 1

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Perception Kal looks around for any signs of danger, but stays back among the shadows 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Stealth


TEAM 3 Male Halfling psion (nomad)/rogue(cutpurse+scout) 3

Unit 3

Musashi wrote:

Mal follows Zimbli for a bit, then catches up and walks with him back to the guardhouse.

"Find out anything?"

Jimbli shakes his head. "Not really, no sir. Got a sample. No names though. Lets head back."


Unit 2 is still waiting to see if the buyers show up


Zal Namtarren wrote:
Zal leaves the scene and goes to explore the guardhouse and find a decent room/bed for himself to claim as his own. After that, he invites shifty-eye to a drink.

Guardhouse

Shifty-eye looks confused for a moment and then shakes his head. "Ah, that's right. You're the late arrival. You missed the orientation. This ain't like whatever district it is you transferred in from. Nobody bunks in the guardhouse. There's a boarding house not far from here where you can get a discount on a room. Don't even charge extra for the cockroaches. Right generous that is. It's called Forty Winks. Fella that runs it used to be a watchman hisself so he's got a bit of a soft spot for us. There's a tavern right next door to the boardinghouse called the Trough. I'll be more than happy to let you buy me a drink later once we're both off duty. Once the interrogatin is over you lot'll be back out on the streets. Too much crime and too few of us to let things go with short shifts."


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

CALM YOURSELF FOOL Ignot Chastises. Manifesting Collapse augmented to make him fatigued for 3 rounds on failed save so DC 16 fort with a -2 penalty

Unit Three in guardhouse

The kobold slumps over exhausted, his eyes dull as he gazes hungrily at the pigeon. There is nothing resembling intelligence or comprehension there.


Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

Mal follows Jimbli for a bit, then catches up and walks with him back to the guardhouse.
"Find out anything?"

Unit Three on street

On the street ahead there was a scuffle between two scantily dressed females of humanish appearance, but the women ran off as soon as they saw someone coming towards them. A small child sits crying in the street, apparently abandoned.


Unit One

Pay no attention to the rolls behind the curtain.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Mer and Kal:
You notice a small impish creature reaching its hand into Avlar's pocket, presumably attempting to steal any money he might be carrying.


Janus and Nico

Nico Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

The two of them are able to hide in the warehouse where they have a long boring wait. A little over a half hour later there is the sound of footsteps. A skinny gnoll wearing tattered black robes and a burly dwarf examine the scene, stopping to check the bodies.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:

Unit One

Pay no attention to the rolls behind the curtain.** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

looking directly at the creature and pointing his rune carved staff.

''move and illl vaporize you. ''

Bluff (sort of)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

Mal follows Jimbli for a bit, then catches up and walks with him back to the guardhouse.
"Find out anything?"

Unit Three on street

On the street ahead there was a scuffle between two scantily dressed females of humanish appearance, but the women ran off as soon as they saw someone coming towards them. A small child sits crying in the street, apparently abandoned.

"Stay with the child, I'll go after them!"

Mal gives chase...


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Hmmm, being fatuiged hasn't knocked him out of it. Let's take a look at whats in his veins now that hes still.

Manifesting Animal Affinity for +4 to wis, then Detect Poison and making wisdom check to identify the substance. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

detect poision excerpt:
You determine whether a creature, object, or area has been poisoned or is poisonous. You can determine the exact type of poison with a DC 20 Wisdom check.

Edit:If I know the poison can you tell me the duration so I know how long I need to wait before this guy is coherent.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3
narrator wrote:

Janus and Nico

Nico Stealth 1d20+12

The two of them are able to hide in the warehouse where they have a long boring wait. A little over a half hour later there is the sound of footsteps. A skinny gnoll wearing tattered black robes and a burly dwarf examine the scene, stopping to check the bodies.

Janus will stay hidden and watch them. Do they seem like they are just taking an opportunity to search dead bodies, or do they seem like they are actually looking for something? I would also like to listen carefully to hear what they are saying, if anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21.

401 to 450 of 980 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.