Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


301 to 350 of 980 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Yup.
After all the smoke clears, Mal reloads as he slowly walks forward, surveying the carnage. He holsters his pistol, and kneels down to look at one of the kobolds that had been foaming at the mouth. He looks him over to see if he can find the source of the odd behavior.


Malachai Musashi wrote:

Yup.

After all the smoke clears, Mal reloads as he slowly walks forward, surveying the carnage. He holsters his pistol, and kneels down to look at one of the kobolds that had been foaming at the mouth. He looks him over to see if he can find the source of the odd behavior.

Unit Three

On the kobold Mal finds 2 silver, 3 copper, and a small bag of something that vaguely resembles crushed glass.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

He'll say to the others...
"Ok, here comes the best part o bein a lawman...cleanup. Let's police these bodies and get 'em to the morgue. We'll need to divy up their coin, and take this...whatever this is..." indicating the substance back to the Captain. Jimbli, if you could watch our backs while we work, that'd be great."


Unit Two

Janus gets a solid hit in, but the guard is still standing...and pissed off. He tries to return the favor to Janus.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Goliath takes down another guard.

The remaining uninjured guard in the back attacks Wynnie.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The guard on the ground in front of Cadogan fights back as best he can.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The prone guard in the front, one badly injured guard in the back and one uninjured guard in the back are all that's left.


Unit Three

All told you're able to find 27 silver, 48 copper, and 12 bags of the strange powder. You have the distinct impression you're being watched the whole time.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal looks over the edge of the roof to check if there are any of the creatures left standing, and to see who they fought with, if it isn't the watchmen then he has no further business here. He also wishes to avoid bandits and gangs to attack him "out of gratitude" for his help.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

Taking a hit, Wynnie grows increasingly frustrated with her attackers, returning the strike with deadly force.

Attack w/ PA - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage - 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11

Crit Confirmation - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Crit Damage - 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11

A 20!! Followed by another 1...


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

The hairs raise on the back of his neck, and he stands and looks around, hand resting on his revolver...

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Unit Three

Mal spots a young man with a bow observing from the roof of a nearby building.


Unit Two

Yay! Wynnie finally gets a hit! :)


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Some more perceptions, as the others have put some up. Sorry I haven't been posting often, I haven't been feeling well lately.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


unit one

Traffic has picked up as you get farther away from the guardhouse. You are now five blocks away and this seems to be a busier section of town full of dilapidated shops and sentient creatures everywhere. You can hear a vendor up ahead calling out the virtues of his wares.

"Fresh rats! Roasted rat on a stick! Get 'em while they're hot!"


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt
narrator wrote:

Unit Three

Mal spots a young man with a bow observing from the roof of a nearby building.

Spoiler:
funny how they didn't notice the arrow rain upon their enemies earlier tho :p

Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

After hearing about the fresh rats Avlar says "Wonder if they seasoned them."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

::We have company::

"Why don't you come on down here." he says to the young man on the roof.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Graal notices some arrows during cleanup and looks around for the source.

perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Zal notices one of the people down on the streets looking up towards him. He puts his bow away and waves once, meanwhile he remains prepared to jump back from the edge to get out of sight and reach of ranged attacks if these people are hostile.

"Greetings. Who might you be? Were you and these creatures in some sort of gang war?" Zal is careful not to reveal he looks for the 3rd, to avoid them easily claiming they are the watchmen he is looking for.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"Well, we're here on officila business restorin' the peace." He looks at the arrows in some of the corpses. "Thank you for the help, but aidin' the militia here don't seem to be looked on kindly."


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

"Militia? And that would be you? What exactly do you consider 'militia' anyway? Are you hired by the city?" Zal considered how militia could be anything from vigilantes to a nickname of the city guards. if they are with the watch they should have those leather badges too.


Male half-elf Synthesist 1 | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 10 (T10 FF10) | F+2 R+0 W+3 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +3
Dailies:
Summon Monster 6/6; Spells: 1st: 2/2

This is probably not a conversation that the entire district needs to hear, Tenoch says frowning and looking around, making sure there are no angry or curious folk wandering closer.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"The kind what reports to Cap'n Turnsdale."
He nods to Tenoch.
"True. Let's get this done and go report in."


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Avlar wrote:

Unit One

Perception:1d20+8

After hearing about the fresh rats Avlar says "Wonder if they seasoned them."

Unit 1

"Lets hope so." Mer says mildly disgusted.

He thinks to himself, "Peasant food."


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Unit 2

I love whey you guys resist arrest...

Goliath steps to finish off the last guard flanking with Wynnie.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Sneak attack 2d6 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + (2, 4) + (1, 1) = 18

And then drops out of rage. Was that 5rnds used or 4? Attacks above at +2 for flanking forgot to add.


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
Avlar wrote:

Unit One

Perception:1d20+8

After hearing about the fresh rats Avlar says "Wonder if they seasoned them."

Unit 1

"Lets hope so." Mer says mildly disgusted.

He thinks to himself, "Peasant food."

Long as 'ey're cooked through, the seasonin' don't matter.

You can't tell whether Kolm is joking or not.


"You should surrender, but now I can't stop him from eating you..."

Brenog Attack on the prone guy
Longsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Cadogan Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Won't know till ya find out." Kal remarks. He archs an eyebrow to his cousin and asks in Undercommon "Mer, they aren't seriously going to eat such foulness are they?


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Kalmafein wrote:
"Won't know till ya find out." Kal remarks. He archs an eyebrow to his cousin and asks in Undercommon "Mer, they aren't seriously going to eat such foulness are they?

Mer shrugs,

"Most likely, but I won't be partaking."


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Neither will I. Let's go see if we can find some sauteed rothe. Been awhile since I have some food from back home, I think I heard about a shop down this street that serves it"


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Kalmafein wrote:
"Neither will I. Let's go see if we can find some sauteed rothe. Been awhile since I have some food from back home, I think I heard about a shop down this street that serves it"

"Surface food is so odd. I'd settle for a decently prepared mushroom steak. " Mer says in agreement.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"OOH!! I haven't had a good mushroom steak since right after we robbed that gryphon nest. Let's go se what we can find" While he seems rather preoccupied with the thought of home cooking, Kal's eyes dart here and there, looking for trouble 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Perception


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3
Ignot tries to find the kobold that looks the most well kept/knowledgeable/had the most money on him and that is still alive

I figure most of the kobolds are just bleeding out, except for that poor fool who got like 33 pistol damage to the face. Percerption1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 . If there are no special differences I'll take the kobold who took 10 damage while in the collective and sling him over my shoulder.

I'm going to bring this one back and ask it some questions. I don't really care either way if the rest live or die but if any of you have a preference I certainly have the skill to save them. I'd like to at least help some of the goblins seeing as they apparently were the victims.

One more perception to find any live goblins or for that matter any goblins who are still even here and haven't slinked off into the shadows1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Goliath ... there are two still alive by my count.

The guard's strike skitters off the mithral shirt that Janus wears under his tunic. In the guard's brief moment of surprise that what should have been a telling blow did nothing, Janus tries to slide his knife up under the guard's ribs.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal listens to them and as the name Turnsdale is mentioned he is more at ease. "Good, then you must be of the 3rd, I was looking for you." He begins to climb down where he went up.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2

Unit 1

Kalmafein wrote:
"OOH!! I haven't had a good mushroom steak since right after we robbed that gryphon nest. Let's go se what we can find" While he seems rather preoccupied with the thought of home cooking, Kal's eyes dart here and there, looking for trouble 1d20+11 Perception

"As you wish." Mer says in a slightly bored tone. Then he turns to his non-drow comppanions "Care to join us? We must keep up our strength if we are to battle for forces of evil." Mer motions then strolls after his cousinn.


Male half-elf Synthesist 1 | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 10 (T10 FF10) | F+2 R+0 W+3 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +3
Dailies:
Summon Monster 6/6; Spells: 1st: 2/2

Unit 3

Tenoch frowns. Indeed, and now if the entire district was looking for us, they too would know precisely where we are. By Razimir's unmentionables boy, you don't announce yourself as guards in this district. The criminals will either gather together to take you out, or hide thus avoiding capture. Either way nothing gets done. There is something to be said for subtlety in these matters.

He then sighs, No matter, I suppose. We need to head back with our discovery anyhow. You may as well join us on the journey.


Janus Draugur wrote:

Unit 2

Goliath ... there are two still alive by my count.

The guard's strike skitters off the mithral shirt that Janus wears under his tunic. In the guard's brief moment of surprise that what should have been a telling blow did nothing, Janus tries to slide his knife up under the guard's ribs.

Attack: 1d20+4+2.
Damage: 1d4+1.
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6.

Your count is mostly correct. The guy who is being munched on by cadogan is still alive. For now. So there's three still alive. Also it seems that Janus and Wynnie can't both hit in the same round. ;)


Unit Three

Ignot, the one you pulled into the collective is the only survivor.


unit One

In a corner of the busy marketplace there is a small curtained door with a sign above it in Undercommon that basically says 'Food'. Behind the curtain a narrow staircase goes down.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
narrator wrote:

unit One

In a corner of the busy marketplace there is a small curtained door with a sign above it in Undercommon that basically says 'Food'. Behind the curtain a narrow staircase goes down.

Mer looks at the stairwell with a dubious look and pretends to wisper to Kal "Send the dwarf first." (its a joke. Mer clearly knows that everone can hear including Kolm.)


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3
narrator wrote:
Janus Draugur wrote:

Unit 2

Goliath ... there are two still alive by my count.

The guard's strike skitters off the mithral shirt that Janus wears under his tunic. In the guard's brief moment of surprise that what should have been a telling blow did nothing, Janus tries to slide his knife up under the guard's ribs.

Attack: 1d20+4+2.
Damage: 1d4+1.
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6.

Your count is mostly correct. The guy who is being munched on by cadogan is still alive. For now. So there's three still alive. Also it seems that Janus and Wynnie can't both hit in the same round. ;)

did you take into account Goliath's three backstabs for that count? cause if they can withstand that, we are in trouble.


Unit Two

Yes, those downed the fourth one that had been uninjured before he did that.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3
Ignot takes his rope out and ties up the kobold into a nice tight package. He then makes sure to tend to it's wounds and prevent any further bleeding.

Heal First Aid1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

edit:Gha I'm no good at this i guess take 10 is ok right out of combat?


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

Ignot takes his rope out and ties up the kobold into a nice tight package. He then makes sure to tend to it's wounds and prevent any further bleeding.

Heal First Aid1d20+8

edit:Gha I'm no good at this i guess take 10 is ok right out of combat?

First Aid is still time dependant so no take 10. But if you can get a couple aid anothers you should be able to get there.


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Unit 2

We need to take that one alive/unconscious. He could have some details on who the buyers are, or some other storage points for merchandise.... So you wana give up or of course my favorite choice you don't and I get to hit you..

Goliath looks at the last guard grinning with pieces of his buddy dripping from his jaws and claws..


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Anyone want to help me bandage this little feller up. I haven't worked on a kobold in a long time. I must be rusty.

Luckily I can retry First aid as long as its still alive1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

edit:Gahhh i'm going to kill him this way. If it looks bad for him I can heal him using Drain life giving him 10 of my health and redirecting 8 back to me. I'd like to do it mundanely though if possible. One more try1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Hilarious he he. The kobold looks more like a mummy now than a kobold as Ignot looks about ready to burst.

Why wont you just stop bleeding stop stop stop!

He finally stops trying and you see him step back and concentrate. The kobolds flesh knits itself back together where it had split for seemingly no reason. Drain Health to the kobold redirecting 8 back to me that should do it right?


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Unit 3

"This is why healing items should be given to members of the Watch."

Zal goes there and helps to fix up the kobold.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 to find anything in the area lying around what could be helpful.
Heal 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 to try to do it myself, with possible bonus from found stuff.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Yea, that sign doesn't seem suspicious or ominous in the slightest. Alight Kolm, you're our beat stick, so you first" He says with a smile, making it unclear if he's being serious or not.


Goliath, Called The Hammer wrote:

Unit 2

We need to take that one alive/unconscious. He could have some details on who the buyers are, or some other storage points for merchandise.... So you wana give up or of course my favorite choice you don't and I get to hit you..

Goliath looks at the last guard grinning with pieces of his buddy dripping from his jaws and claws..

?? There are three guards still living. The one who was bull rushed away from the crate who is still uninjured, one wounded right in front of you who is pretty freaked out as you just shredded a couple of his buddies right in front of him, and one wounded and in bad shape being eaten by Brenog's lizard. Are you speaking to the injured one or the guy who is by the wall?


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Can I backstab one again? :)

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 4 = 13.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8.

EDIT: Guess not. lol

301 to 350 of 980 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.