Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


251 to 300 of 980 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Unit Three:

Zal hears a commotion up ahead. It looks like a scuffle between a mismatched group of sentients and some kobolds.

I'm pretty sure that it would take a Perception roll of one to see the encounter up ahead. :)


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter
narrator wrote:


The halfling spit on the ground. "Well, ain't that just like the big folks, sticking together. Just assumed these a$!~~$~+s were telling the truth. Well, I didn't pay them because I don't owe them anything. I already gots a protection racket I has to pay. I can't afford them let alone these yahoos."

Unit One

"A protection racket, that is a different matter. On top of this you say that the one you already pay is to much?" Avlar thinks for a bit on the situation.

Group, unless someone says something Avlar is going to try to arrest them after he is done thinking.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt
narrator wrote:

Unit Three:

Zal hears a commotion up ahead. It looks like a scuffle between a mismatched group of sentients and some kobolds.

I'm pretty sure that it would take a Perception roll of one to see the encounter up ahead. :)

then acting as written earlier, trying to get advantage from roof, or sneaking behind them, gotta sleep now, sun almost up o.O


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Takes aim at the next two kobolds
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 @ wounded kobold
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 @ fresh kobold

Confirm crit on fresh kobold 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) + 9 = 21 additional...


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Janus trades swings with the guard until Wynnie's motion distracts the guard then goes for a kidney stab.

Attack: 1d20 + 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + (1) + 4 + 2 = 16.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5.
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10.

EDIT: Saw AC 15 and spent a mote.


Unit Two:

Wynnie's swing goes wide, but provides just the distraction needed for Janus to strike true. The guard goes down.

Akhil's second arrow flies wide as the guard he was firing at was one of the ones who ran towards the crates in the back.


Unit Three:

Mal brings down two more kobolds. There are only seven kobolds left standing and one of them is injured.


Avlar wrote:
narrator wrote:


The halfling spit on the ground. "Well, ain't that just like the big folks, sticking together. Just assumed these a$!~~$~+s were telling the truth. Well, I didn't pay them because I don't owe them anything. I already gots a protection racket I has to pay. I can't afford them let alone these yahoos."

Unit One

"A protection racket, that is a different matter. On top of this you say that the one you already pay is to much?" Avlar thinks for a bit on the situation.

Group, unless someone says something Avlar is going to try to arrest them after he is done thinking.

"Bah," the halfling said. "The protection rackets they always charge too much. I sell rags not fine clothes. I am not made of money, me."

Bluff lizard folk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Bluff Sal the ragman: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The lizard folk seem quite trustworthy. Sal the halfling is being honest about everything but how much profit there is in selling rags.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Janus will follow Wynnie toward the guards that look to be trying to open crates and try to move into a flanking position with her.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Graal attempts to make up for his last debacle by attacking another kobold
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The dice are not friendly to me today


Male half-elf Synthesist 1 | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 10 (T10 FF10) | F+2 R+0 W+3 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +3
Dailies:
Summon Monster 6/6; Spells: 1st: 2/2

Ahh, there are seven nasty Kobolds, ok. I don't recall the spacing of the area we're in so if this isn't feasible, let me know

Tenoch moves in towards the tightly packed group of kobolds and, by muttering some words and spreading his fingers, causes flashing, multi-coloured light to blast out at them.

Tried to move into position (far enough away to avoid an AoO) to get as many as he could in the blast and casts Color Spray DC 16


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Avlar wrote:
narrator wrote:


The halfling spit on the ground. "Well, ain't that just like the big folks, sticking together. Just assumed these a$!~~$~+s were telling the truth. Well, I didn't pay them because I don't owe them anything. I already gots a protection racket I has to pay. I can't afford them let alone these yahoos."

Unit One

"A protection racket, that is a different matter. On top of this you say that the one you already pay is to much?" Avlar thinks for a bit on the situation.

Group, unless someone says something Avlar is going to try to arrest them after he is done thinking.

Meredian has been silent, unassuming, and standing back while Avalar speaks. He steps up next to Avalar, with his elbow at about a 45% angle he turns his hand upward into a claw-like shape. Within his hand a sphere of magic force energy springs into being. That should be enough to get everyone's attention. Meredian looks very hard at the "lead" reptile.

"Things have changed. Even this part of the city now has it's own enforcement and it's own watch. Shopkeeps will no longer need your services. At the moment you're surrounded by our men in the shadows with weapons trained on each one of your heads. You have two choices. Walk away and never bother the merchants again or defy us and be gunned down where you stand. It makes no difference to me. Lizardmen bodies make excellent necromantic tools."

Intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Crosses fingers for good dice rolls


Brenog and Cadogan continue to attack all enemies in sight and within reach making Cadogan to overrun as many as he can while he finishes them off once they are prone keeping Cadogan within arms length.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Brenog Attack Prone target from Cadogan overrun 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (Power Attack)
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 8) + 10 = 23, if not crit 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Cadogan Overrun 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 (Power Attack)
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Woke up and am here, do I need to do anything, or is my earlier activity description fine as it is?


Tenoch Itzcoatl wrote:

Ahh, there are seven nasty Kobolds, ok. I don't recall the spacing of the area we're in so if this isn't feasible, let me know

Tenoch moves in towards the tightly packed group of kobolds and, by muttering some words and spreading his fingers, causes flashing, multi-coloured light to blast out at them.

Tried to move into position (far enough away to avoid an AoO) to get as many as he could in the blast and casts Color Spray DC 16

Unit Three:

He can get four kobolds in the blast without including teammates.

Will saves:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d4 ⇒ 2
Two of the kobolds stand there blinded by the colors, but the other two effected only seem to be more angry after seeing the brightly flashing lights.


Unit One

The lizardmen glance at each other. They don't necessarily believe Mer's threats about being surrounded. But the ones they can see look like more trouble than they want to get into.

"Fine, fine. No need for violence. Is only a slight misunderstanding. We'll just be on our way then," the leader of their group says as the lizardfolk start backing away slowly.


Unit two:

Brenog takes down another guard while Cadogan pounces on one who is squirming and screaming as he tries to get away from the large lizard that was holding him down and biting him.

There are four guards back by the crates now, the only one still in the front being the one pinned down by Cadogan. The first guard gets the lid off the crate and reaches in to pull out a hostage.


Zal Namtarren wrote:
Woke up and am here, do I need to do anything, or is my earlier activity description fine as it is?

Just narrate what action you're taking from the point of view of your character. If you want to observe this battle from the rooftops, you can do that.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Was Janus able to get back into stealth? Or is the guard reaching into the crate flat footed because of his actions?


Janus Draugur wrote:
Was Janus able to get back into stealth? Or is the guard reaching into the crate flat footed because of his actions?

Apologies, I got distracted partway through that post. Yes, the guard is flat footed. There's not really any good way to reach into a large box and drag someone out of it defensively. :)


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
narrator wrote:

Unit One

The lizardmen glance at each other. They don't necessarily believe Mer's threats about being surrounded. But the ones they can see look like more trouble than they want to get into.

"Fine, fine. No need for violence. Is only a slight misunderstanding. We'll just be on our way then," the leader of their group says as the lizardfolk start backing away slowly.

Mer holds the crackling orb until they get a few steps away then then dismisses it. (FYI the orb is just the arcane bloodline offensive power. I was just holding it for show.)

Unless someone intervenes mer will watch them go down the street about a block then turn to the group.
"Too bad. I kind of wanted to kill something today." Spoken so the merchant can overhear.


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Unit 2

did you miss my post about bull rushing that guard?

After bull rushing the guard away from the crate Goliath will step and flank with Janus and finish another guard.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
1d6 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + (3, 5) = 23
1d6 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (6, 5) = 22
1d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + (4, 1) = 20


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Unit one

Aye. It really is too bad. Oh well, he says, resuming the swinging of his dorn-dergar, ready to be back on the way to the wharf.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

unit 3

is it time for more punches? i'll roll some anyway so you have some when its time.
Graal simply attacks more kobolds. Maybe i should study kobold weaknesses a bit more.
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Takes aim at two more kobolds, looking for injured.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 to hit for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 to an injured kobold
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 to hit for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 also to an injured kobold, unless there aren't anymore, then to a fresh one.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal scurries down the side of the building he was on top of, and walks over to the others. "Cousin, you're terrible at talking to others, you know that? You're lucky those lizard folk were cowards. You have no gift for lying."


Goliath, Called The Hammer wrote:

Unit 2

did you miss my post about bull rushing that guard?

After bull rushing the guard away from the crate Goliath will step and flank with Janus and finish another guard.

1d20+17
1d20+17
1d20+16
1d6+10+2d6
1d6+10+2d6
1d8+10+2d6

Yes, sorry. I must have overlooked it. :(

The guard who was trying to reach inside the crate is bodychecked back into the wall. The next closest guard is literally torn apart by Goliath.

There are four guards still living. One of them is prone in front of Cadogan and wounded. The other three are back by the crates and one of those is wounded.


Graal wrote:

unit 3

is it time for more punches? i'll roll some anyway so you have some when its time.
Graal simply attacks more kobolds. Maybe i should study kobold weaknesses a bit more.
Attack 1d20+6
Damage 1d6+3
Attack 1d20+6
Damage 1d6+3

Graal gets a couple of solid hits in on this kobold.

Of the seven kobolds who are still up, 2 are wounded and 2 ar blinded and stunned.


Malachai Musashi wrote:

Takes aim at two more kobolds, looking for injured.

id20+7 to hit for 1d8+3 to an injured kobold
id20+7 to hit for 1d8+3 also to an injured kobold, unless there aren't anymore, then to a fresh one.

Correction: There are now five kobolds left alive. Three are uninjured and two are blinded and stunned.


Unit One

"Well, thanks," Sal the Ragman says gruffly. "Next time you come shop in my store I'll give you a discount." He bustles back inside before he can be asked for any more protection payments.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

"Bad idea," Wynnie exclaims at the remaining guards as the one reaching into the crate goes down, striking one of the others.

Attack w/ PA 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14


Ignot moves into a flanking position extends his sinister looking finger again, pointing at one of the uninjured kobolds. The kobolds eyes go blank for an instant.

perhaps the same that I targeted before if he's still alive. DC 15 will save or it's in the collective


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Kalmafein wrote:
Kal scurries down the side of the building he was on top of, and walks over to the others. "Cousin, you're terrible at talking to others, you know that? You're lucky those lizard folk were cowards. You have no gift for lying."

"Really, But I've been practicing so hard." Mer says sarcastically.


Wynnie of Nuestra wrote:

Unit 2

"Bad idea," Wynnie exclaims at the remaining guards as the one reaching into the crate goes down, striking one of the others.

Attack w/ PA 1d20+5

Damage 2d6+7

Once again Wynnie's strike goes wildly wide as she has to desperately adjust to avoid hitting the crate.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
narrator wrote:

Unit One

"Well, thanks," Sal the Ragman says gruffly. "Next time you come shop in my store I'll give you a discount." He bustles back inside before he can be asked for any more protection payments.

Mer shrugs, "Not entirely gracious, but it's a start." Looking around a moment. "I suppose we continue on our way then."


Shizzle69 wrote:

Ignot moves into a flanking position extends his sinister looking finger again, pointing at one of the uninjured kobolds. The kobolds eyes go blank for an instant.

perhaps the same that I targeted before if he's still alive. DC 15 will save or it's in the collective

Unit Three:

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

This time he is able to gain access to the kobold's mind.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt
narrator wrote:
Zal Namtarren wrote:
Woke up and am here, do I need to do anything, or is my earlier activity description fine as it is?
Just narrate what action you're taking from the point of view of your character. If you want to observe this battle from the rooftops, you can do that.

meh, always missing the action-timer, as said before, going to rooftop then attacking, I seriously don't think it is necessary for me to do the rolls as waiting for people when it is automatic anyway makes them miss turns...

anyway, here are some (bow attack/damage):
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d6 ⇒ 2
bonus to attack from above not included, possible bonus from surprise/flat footed not included, possible sneak attacks (d4-s because not using light blade) not included


Unit three

Arrows fly into the battle from the rooftop, one arrow striking a kobold.

Zal, if you're trying not to be seen give me a stealth check.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Janus will quickly slip in behind Wynnie's enemy and slip a knife between his ribs while he is trying to exploit Wynnie's wild swing.

Flanking Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Attack: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 7) = 9.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

::Don't kill that one I'd like to keep him alive for questioning. Yes little one I'm talking about you.::

Ignot continues pointing at the same kobold helmet visor locked on his location.

the kobold can hear telepathy and talk if he wishes

Edit:dang I keep posting as shizzle69


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"They say practice makes perfect, but I think that's a lie in your case Mer" The shadowy drow says with a half smile. He opts to stay on the ground this time, but still moves ahead sticking to the darkened areas when possible.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Stealth

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Perception


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt
narrator wrote:

Unit three

Arrows fly into the battle from the rooftop, one arrow striking a kobold.

Zal, if you're trying not to be seen give me a stealth check.

here, and some more attacks

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
a+d
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 2
edit: I seriously hate these auto-rolls, 75% of the time I get below 10 results...


Male Hobgoblin Ranger(Urban)/Inquisitor(infiltrator)

Unit 2
How many enemies are we dealing with?


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

not sure whats left but to keep things moving here is a list of Goliath's next attacks assumed flanking and adjacent to two enemies if not by 2 enemies -1 to attack if not flanking -2 and no sneak attack.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

2d6 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + (3, 6) + (6, 3) = 25


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2

As they continue along their way Mer looks around cautiously

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Akhil wrote:

Unit 2

How many enemies are we dealing with?

there are three remaining if i have followed the action correctly, and two of those are somewhat injured.


Male half-elf Synthesist 1 | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 10 (T10 FF10) | F+2 R+0 W+3 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +3
Dailies:
Summon Monster 6/6; Spells: 1st: 2/2

Unit 3

Tenoch steps back and fires off a couple more magic missiles at the injured Kobolds.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2

Forgot the title.
Unit 1

Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

As they continue along their way Mer looks around cautiously

Perception 1d20+11
Perception 1d20+11
Perception 1d20+11


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

I might not be on till late so I figure I'll post this now. It can happen when it's my turn again

::I'll have some questions for you when you wake little one::

Ignot keeps pointing at the kobold then extends his pinky as well pointing it at Jimbli. The kobold looks like it gets a massive headache.

will save dc 15 with a -2 penalty or it takes 10 damage and Jimbli heals 10. I'm assuming that only makes him unconscious so I'd like to keep him in the collective


Unit Three:

Alright, I'm trying to untangle the mess that is the combat and I keep coming up with a bunch of slaughtered kobolds. And one unconscious but not quite dead kobold. So we'll call it good. :)

The group is looking at nothing but bodies. The remaining living goblins had disappeared while they were busy putting down the kobolds.

Is anyone going to search the bodies?

251 to 300 of 980 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.