Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


51 to 100 of 980 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Mer would know the basic facts about dhampirs (what you would read in the race description) and be able to identify Tenoch as one.

Also, the knowledge gauntlet is a very good idea. I like it. :)


Shifty-Eye was stopped over his desk. His hunched posture made his real height as difficult to determine as his species.

"Unit One, you're to patrol to the south. If you make it to the harbor it'll be a sodding miracle, but in case the gods are feelin capricious today, come on back here if you get that far," he growled.


Shifty-Eye harrumphed at the hobgoblin in front of his desk.

"Captain, we've got another one like Constable Willit what showed up afore 'is paperwork. You wants I should put 'im with Unit 3 too? Says 'is name is Graal."

"Welcome to the Watch, Constable Graal," Captain Turnsdale said smoothly. "Yes, I think putting him with Unit 3 is fine for now. Unless we have any more show up before they take off in which case we'll put them into their own unit."


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
narrator wrote:

Mer would know the basic facts about dhampirs (what you would read in the race description) and be able to identify Tenoch as one.

Also, the knowledge gauntlet is a very good idea. I like it. :)

"Interesting." Mer makes a mental note as he glances at the dampir.


A grubby half-elven boy comes rushing into the guardhouse, his short red hair sticking up wildly in all directions and the color of his skin impossible to determine underneath all the grime.

"Captain!"

Captain Turnsdale turned and sighed. "Nico, honestly, a bath won't kill you, I promise."

"Yes, it will," the boy said stubbornly. "I already had my bath this year. Anyways, that's not what I'm here for. I heared it when I was spying on Missus Cheapeasy. There's a shipment scheduled to go out today. Headed for Khalid. You know what that means, sir!"

Captain Turnsdale frowned. "All too well."

"Unit 2!" he barked. "Report!"


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
narrator wrote:

Shifty-Eye was stopped over his desk. His hunched posture made his real height as difficult to determine as his species.

"Unit One, you're to patrol to the south. If you make it to the harbor it'll be a sodding miracle, but in case the gods are feelin capricious today, come on back here if you get that far," he growled.

As if suddenly remembering "Ah yes, we're unit one aren't we?" Mer says to no one in particular. "I assume you mean that we won't make it to the harbor because we'll most likely run into trouble before then."

"I was going to suggest we take the thieves highway (aka rooftop running)..." Mer trails off as he glances as Kolm. "...But perhaps just a steady pace along the street would be more fitting this time."

"We have a destination, Cousin. Off we go then." Mer motions and then heads out the door. Presumably the others join him.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Wynnie approaches Captain Turnsdale, realizing that thus far only her and Brenog have identified themselves thus far. "Wynnie of Unit 2 reporting, Sir!"


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Aye, lad. I won't be doin' none o' that. It's easier to just walk. If you two want to go fer it, I won't stop yeh though. Just keep within reach o' me. We're a unit now, after all.

Kolm indeed joins him, easily keeping pace with him, unwrapping his Dorn-Dergar and swinging it in a small, vertical circle.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Avlar goes to gear up after hearing that Unit One was off to patrol. Once done he goes to get Regulus for the patrol. He than waits for the others seeing them he follows with Regulus at his side.


Wynnie of Nuestra wrote:
Wynnie approaches Captain Turnsdale, realizing that thus far only her and Brenog have identified themselves thus far. "Wynnie of Unit 2 reporting, Sir!"

"Gather the rest of your unit and follow Nico here. He found trouble going down and you lot are the best suited for a fight. There's a highly illegal shipment you have to stop from being delivered."


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Kolm Godhand wrote:

Aye, lad. I won't be doin' none o' that. It's easier to just walk. If you two want to go fer it, I won't stop yeh though. Just keep within reach o' me. We're a unit now, after all.

Kolm indeed joins him, easily keeping pace with him, unwrapping his Dorn-Dergar and swinging it in a small, vertical circle.

"Either of the drow could levitate you. We could tie a string to your foot and carry you along like a balloon." Mer suggests "helpfully" as the group proceeds out of the room.

WIthout waiting for an answer
"That reminds me. Cousin, rermind me tomorrow to memorize the message spell so we can keep in contact across distances. If we're going to work as a unit it'll help." AKA magical walkie talkies.


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

A large beast of a man strolls forward wearing a beaten and scratched breastplate. Along with a giant Corinthian helm and a black cloak that fits more like a cape on his monstrous physic. He places a gentle hand on the small lady standing at the desk.

Excuse me Mrs. Wynnie. I believe I am in your unit. the voice is calm but posses a beastly inherent growl while speaking. I am Goliath, most call me Hammer. Sorry I'm a little late. Had a dispute at the inn, but we don't need to go into that. So I guess its me you and captain pretty over there. he says as he points his massive hand toward Brenog. And what of this fourth member. I hear he posses goblin blood like me.


Pleased to finally meet you, my... rugged friend" as he looks him over "That must have been quite a dispute at the inn" as he smiles back at him "My name is Brenog, and you already know Wynnie, as for the other one in our unit I have no idea if he has goblin blood or what is he or even she."

As he gets back on his mount Captain Turnsdale, unit 2 almost complete and reporting for duty.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"If anybody should travel the theives' highway it should be me. Not saying you can't Mer, but I think you'd be better off on the streets, then up top with me. Besides, you forget Avlar's mount. It'll be a little tricky haivng that follow us" Kal says as they head out. He pauses at the door and looks at Shifty Eye "I believe whom ever we cross had better hope the gods favor them, not the oher way around" He says with a wicked grin.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2
Kalmafein wrote:
"If anybody should travel the theives' highway it should be me. Not saying you can't Mer, but I think you'd be better off on the streets, then up top with me. Besides, you forget Avlar's mount. It'll be a little tricky haivng that follow us" Kal says as they head out. He pauses at the door and looks at Shifty Eye "I believe whom ever we cross had better hope the gods favor them, not the oher way around" He says with a wicked grin.

As the group walks down the street.

"The standard plan then. You scout ahead stealthfully, on the thieves highway or wherever you like, report back if you see anything noteworthy, and scream if you get into trouble. Works for me."

Edit: Mer says a moment later "And you know I can travel across rooftops as needed. Granted you're better at it, but we're not children anymore. Do you remember the time we jumped down on the merchant cart? He nearly jumped out of his skin when he thought we were about to murder him. Ahhh, good times. "


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Placing his Tower Shield in it's place on his back Ignot gains his balance and breathes deeply in.
Well Jimbli and Malachai relax and I will join us. This wont take but a second
Jimbli and Malachai feel a slight pressure at the base of their neck and then nothing. You both feel Ignot's gaze from beneath his visor and then hear inside your heads...

Telepathy Jimbli+Malachai:
Well now we are joined. This is one of the best features of our joining. It's quite easy to do as well, just speak the words in your head as if you were going to say them. Do not worry I cannot read your thoughts any more than you can read mine. Only things you intend to say will translate. It will even work if you say them in other languages.

Now it appears we might be joined by a sixth member. We certainly wont be doing the stealth missions with so many together. Not like less people would make a difference with me clamoring about in this fine piece of metal.
Ignot stamps his feet to make a point, and the sound of scraping and clanging emanates from every hinge and plate on his armor.
Hmmm... Perhaps I should ask our new friend Zavriss, for some help to keeping all of us alive. I don't know if I'm prepared for so many.
Ignot clamors over to the goblin and creaks down onto one knee.
My new friend I would ask a favor of you. I need some help keeping my squad alive. What is your favorite wand or elixir for accomplishing this?

Telepathy Jimbli+Malachai:
Ah yes I almost forgot to mention. This power is limited by range. If you get more than about 100 feet from me you will be automatically removed. You can also remove yourself at any time with a simple thought.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

::Alright, then...you hear me?:: Malachai asks by thought...


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3
Goliath, Called The Hammer wrote:

A large beast of a man strolls forward wearing a beaten and scratched breastplate. Along with a giant Corinthian helm and a black cloak that fits more like a cape on his monstrous physic. He places a gentle hand on the small lady standing at the desk.

Excuse me Mrs. Wynnie. I believe I am in your unit. the voice is calm but posses a beastly inherent growl while speaking. I am Goliath, most call me Hammer. Sorry I'm a little late. Had a dispute at the inn, but we don't need to go into that. So I guess its me you and captain pretty over there. he says as he points his massive hand toward Brenog. And what of this fourth member. I hear he posses goblin blood like me.

Wynnie is alarmed at first, before she comes to find out this is another member of her unit. Sizing him up, she once again feels small amidst these giants. She smiles as she greets, "Well, if nothing else, you're big. A please to have you on the team."


"Yessss....well...my favorite isss infernal healing....but I alssso have cure light wandssss and potionssss. For sssome reassson thossse are more popular," Zavriss said with a toothy grin of a somewhat less than sincere variety.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3
narrator wrote:
"Yessss....well...my favorite isss infernal healing....but I alssso have cure light wandssss and potionssss. For sssome reassson thossse are more popular," Zavriss said with a toothy grin of a somewhat less than sincere variety.

Well, your favorite is what I asked for, and it sounds like a fine choice to me. Thank you for the aid and the grin.

Ignot raises his visor for a moment a similar grin spread across his face. His bright blue eye winks and then the visor is back down again.

if Zavriss pays any attention to me while I walk away he would see a symbol for Zon-Kuthon on my tower shield.

Edit:

Telepathy:
Yeh sounds good. Easy isn't it. Just wait till we get in a scuff there's lots more I can do than talk over this connection.


Zavriss chuckles as he gives Ignot a simlar wicked looking thorned ebony wand to the one he gave out earlier.

"May you find true peacccce in pain," he said, noticing the symbol on the shield.


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

knowledge local:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575251/
11 to know anything about the shipment.
ok boy addressing Nico. lets get to it. Its like the lesser bloods to be late. He might as well be a goblin. What kind of shipment we stopping here. Are we crashing the party, or should we go take out the supplier now and intercept the buyer after we extract the meeting time from the supplier. I'm not so good at the diplomancy so either Mrs. Wynnie or captain pretty should do the talking. I will supply the encouragement to cooperate. As he has a big toothy grin. shall we go. I think I can handle the slack of not having the fourth.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ignot visibly perks up after hearing the words "extract the meeting time from the supplier" those guys get to have all the fun


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

A hobgoblin is checking the unit posting, he seems out of place based on his lack of any notice able armor or weapons.
Reif, Malachai, Ignot, Tenoch. It would appear that I'm with your unit, i look forward to working with all of you.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Sorcerer (Primal Red)/Ranger (Skirmisher) 1

"I'll just weit an seeh. Ontil den, I look forward to blowin' stoff op wit all of chu goys"
Reif gets a funny look on his face as his eyes shift to Ingot's hair. He lifts his hands up to about his chest and begins to move his fingers up, down, left, and right, as if trying to get Ingot's hair to do something.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

The large man in the wicked armor speaks. On the visor of his helmet is painted a horrifying visage of some devil or demon, you're not sure which.

Yes this whole experience should be quite enlightening and fulfilling. If we are to be a team I would ask if you'd mind joining with me mentally from time to time. You do not look like someone who will be wading into battle should we meet trouble, but if you get injured being mentally connected to me will help me keep you alive.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"Well met. Now we got us a big feller to offset the little feller!" he says tussling the halfling's hair. It's obvious he's not used to halflings...


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

What time of day is it?

Kal walks over to one of the nearby buildings and begins to nonchalantly climb the side Spider Climb. Once on the roof, he draws his sword and moves from shadow to shadow, keeping an eye out for trouble 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Perception


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

I am willing to communicate mentally with you. Anything that raises our odds of survival I'm willing to try.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Wynnie looks worried at the missing unit member. "I hope he didn't run into trouble or anything. But yes, we better head out."


"Well we can always get someone else to fill in for him, or we will have to make do without him" as he looks at Wynnie.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"Alrighty then, let's get a move on..."

Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

If we have a little time I can through together some type of drug. We can maybe get a meeting with the boss about moving some new product. We then jump said boss and intercept the buyer. Unless you guys have a different plan of attack. he pulls out some vials and starts to mix stuff up.

craft alchemy:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3576468/
29 to craft a hallucinant


Male half-elf Synthesist 1 | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 10 (T10 FF10) | F+2 R+0 W+3 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +3
Dailies:
Summon Monster 6/6; Spells: 1st: 2/2

Tenoch watches Ignot move to talk to Zavriss and notices the large symbol on his shield.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

My apologies, he said upon Ignot's return, I was not aware you were a follower of the Midnight Lord. If that is where your power comes from, your energies may be compatable with my needs. And this other thing you describe, where you can increase my natural abilities to heal... That may work as well, although a proper test of it prior to going in the field may be in order.

Noticing Malachai starting to move off, he taps him on the shoulder, Don't stray too far, we have yet to receive our orders.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ignot takes his tower shield off and displays the face for Tenoch. There are symbols for gods and powers of torture, pain, death, and evil littering the surface. He's obviously into some interesting things.

You know of these powers then. That will be useful I'm quite sure. In all honesty I do not follow him in the traditional sense. My power comes from another, but I do hold his....beliefs in high regard. I am not currently prepared to quicken your healing rate unfortunately. I do have this nice new pretty thing he points to the wand wedged between some spikes on his "belt"It should work in the meantime. Hmmm also if we could find some vermin or perhaps a stray dog I could test my methods using another power. You would have to injure yourself, however. Do you mind a little pain?

I'm bad with Golarion gods so if you know specific ones who would be on the shield feel free to chime in.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"Figgured somethin needed patrolin', but I'll wait fer you fellers." he walks over to the desk and looks over the laws he is to enforce.


Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. A stomach virus hit me pretty hard. I'm mostly better now.

Kalmafein:
About two blocks from the guardhouse you notice that the couple walking past your companions isn't as friendly to each other as they're pretending. In point of fact the man has a knife that he is using to keep the young woman in line and her smile is both forced and very, very nervous.


"Unit three, you lot are to patrol to the east. You'll find trouble before you get as far as the wall so I'm not even gonna bother with the speech," Shifty-eye growled in a bored tone.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"Alrighty then. Now we can get to lawin'."
He looks relieved to be back out on the beat...

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

"You all been deputies before? Been lawman?" he asks his teammates. He doesn't take his eyes off his surroundings when he does so.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Captain Turnsdale feels a slight tug on his cuff. A very small, childlike person is standing beside him, covered in a dark cloak with a mottled grey lining. Beneath the cloak a glimps of studded leather armor and the hilts of many knives can be seen.

In a voice far more mature than the face would suggest, the halfling introduces himself, Captain Turnsdale? I am Janus Draugur. I have been assigned to your, um, precinct isn't it?


"I do not mind your ways as long as we have approval and we are within the legality to do so" as he looks at the bugbear "The idea sounds fine in its beginning, to lure would be petty drug sellers and their lowly friends, but we would need to make it well receive to catch the eye of the bigger targets..." as he rubs his chin for a moment "We could take this idea to the Captain Turnsdale, but let's get our regular assignments first and then we can suggest it to him."


"They're not selling drugs, blokes. They're selling people," Nico said impatient to be on the way.

"Oh, hello," the Captain said surprised. "We're running a little behind on processing paperwork. Should have it sorted by tomorrow. In the meantime...Oy! Unit two! Take this guy with you! I'm temporarily assigning him to you. Nico, take these five and lead them to the warehouse."

Nico nodded and looked expectantly at the members of Unit Two. "We gonna chat all day or we gonna go 'liberate some illegal merchandise'?"


Male Bugbear Urban Barbarian 2 / Vivisectionist Beastmorph Alchemist 3

Oh, well that make is much easier. I'm all for a smash and grab job. probably should save this for later. as he looks at the concoction he just made. OK Nico lead the way lets go do a little recon at the warehouse.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

"People? Yes, we definitely need to accomplish this task quickly then." She looks down at Janus as he's assigned to their unit. "Looks like I'm not the shortest amongst us now at least. Pleasure Janus, my name's Wynnie. Let's be off, shall we?"


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble noble cleric of Watcher 1/mystic theurge 5/wizard 2

Waiting for Kal to either share his information about the "couple" or take action.


Male Hobgoblin Ranger(Urban)/Inquisitor(infiltrator)

I did not know the gameplay thread was going. I will read and get caught up.

51 to 100 of 980 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.