Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


801 to 850 of 980 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

With everyone distracted and focused on Brenog, Janus will look for an opportunity to try to sneak onto the boat.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Meredian dismisses the flaming sphere then the pit. As the ground returns to it's previous shape burnt corpses are raised and deposited on the ground.

He sneers at the corpses a moment before looking to the flesh golem. "Hum."

"If you inthitht thir. Mmmmmmm. I'm afraid I wath not made with an ear for muthic. I apologithe. Mmmmmmmmmm."

Mer looks at the golem curiously.

"I understood 'apologize.'"

Then to the others, "Shall we go after those who would send this shambling horde after us?"


Janus Draugur wrote:

Unit 2

With everyone distracted and focused on Brenog, Janus will look for an opportunity to try to sneak onto the boat.

He thinks he will have a good chance once folks rush out to deal with the trouble.

The sound of footsteps can be heard from inside the ship. A hobgoblin with a peg leg appears at the top of the gangplank.
"Who doesn't know better than to mess with me nap time?" he bellowed, scowling at the world in general.


Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
narrator wrote:
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Meredian dismisses the flaming sphere then the pit. As the ground returns to it's previous shape burnt corpses are raised and deposited on the ground.

He sneers at the corpses a moment before looking to the flesh golem. "Hum."

"If you inthitht thir. Mmmmmmm. I'm afraid I wath not made with an ear for muthic. I apologithe. Mmmmmmmmmm."

Mer looks at the golem curiously.

"I understood 'apologize.'"

Then to the others, "Shall we go after those who would send this shambling horde after us?"

"Do you have to?" Brigitte asked, biting her lip. She was still holding the makeshift club she'd been using to beat Igor with. "I mean, I know he's pushy and controlling and just tried to kill you....being undead seems to seriously effect one's perspective on what constitutes a reasonable response.....but he's still my dad and I'm not really so sure I'm okay with the whole killing him thing," she added, looking uncomfortable.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One

"Well that explains why he might of just tried to kill us." Avlar says after hearing Brigitte.


Unit One

Brigitte sighed. "Yeah, he has this nasty habit of trying to 'protect' me from everything, whether I need it or not. He's totally out of touch with the world of the living. I'm sorry. He promised he wouldn't do this anymore, but well....I should have known I couldn't trust him to keep his word," she said, shoulders slumped.


Unit 4

"Well, let's go then. I've been meaning to look at some magical supplies anyway." Kirel says as she nearly skips along, following Spider to the magic shops.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal smiles playfully at Brigitte. "This would not be the first time an overprotective father has tried to kill me due to my taking an interest in his daughter. Though I think this is the first time a zombie horde was sent after me."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Kalmafein wrote:
Kal smiles playfully at Brigitte. "This would not be the first time an overprotective father has tried to kill me due to my taking an interest in his daughter. Though I think this is the first time a zombie horde was sent after me."

"It's the second. You remember Kapesh? Granted, that particular father had ulterior motives, but I think it still counts."

Mer sighs

"Fine. We won't kill him at the moment. It's not like we were in any real danger. Perhaps next time he won't underestimate us and we can join his undead army. Won't that be fun?" Mer says with a sardonic grin.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Unit 4

Following the others, Kazi' manages to keep up, barely.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Sorry about delay, had a mild food poisoning

Unit 3

Zal watches what the kids do for a while, Believing they may lead him to where they got their hands on the drugs, or perhaps reveal some hideout.


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

James frowns at the sight of the Hobgoblin. This just keeps getting better and better... James keeps his hand on his Flail, just in case things go awry.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Sweet! We finally got Unit 3 back togeth...oh...<facepalm>


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt
Malachai Musashi wrote:
Sweet! We finally got Unit 3 back togeth...oh...<facepalm>

Don't blame me, there were several days without posts for U3 before and after my post, so I wanted to do something, anything on my own at least, and it may get us new info or whatever.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ignot keeps guard by the prisoners.

stay vigulant, its not above these slimy villans to use children in their scemes. It could be a distraction.

i beleive we are just waiting on our DM, who is understandably sick and busy. We could rock some good roleplay if you wish but i think most of us are waiting for news of our escorting. Not that i mind waiting of course, take your time momma DM.


Unit Three

Yeah, I was busy wading through bureaucracy hell after my student loan application got messed up. :S

And now back to the game....Zal, there's zero connection between the drugs (an ongoing, but separate storyline) and the kids. They're window dressing. You're walking through a slum. Unfortunately abuse, neglect, and malnutrition are facts of life here. The ones that were described as not acting right are mentally handicapped, mostly due to one or more of those factors. Which a short amount of observation would tell you.

Meanwhile...

The cart carrying the prisoners continued to roll slowly down the road, shaking and rattling as it drove down the uneven cobblestones.

Those who have stayed with the cart (and Zal, you can change your action if you like) make perception checks please.


James Brightblood wrote:
James frowns at the sight of the Hobgoblin. This just keeps getting better and better... James keeps his hand on his Flail, just in case things go awry.

Unit Two

The hobgoblin made his way down the gangplank with surprising speed considering his artificial limb. The sailors chuckled as he faced the watchmen. "You all wants to die? And ye couldn't find yer sorry selves someone else to kill ye without interrupting me beauty sleep?" he asked with a wicked grin.

Janus, all attention is on the captain now, this would be your cue.


Unit one

Brigitte smiled hopefully back. "I'll talk to him again. And if I get wind of any more of these...unnecessary interventions, I'll be sure to let you know. Igor....tell your master that I'm going to be coming over for dinner. And that I'm not happy."

"Yeth, Mith," he said, shuffling away without turning around, looking a bit relieved at the unexpected reprieve.


Unit Four

Their first intended stop was unexpectedly closed, but just down the street they found a new shop. There was a sign out front that proclaimed it the Bubbly Cauldron. It was suspiciously clean and not broken down.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

The ninja looks around once Igor shuffles off "Well, that sure was fun. Now then, I believe the lovely Brigitte and I were enjoying our first date, before we were so rudely interrupted" He again says with a laugh. He's clearly not being overly serious, but he has taken a liking to the waitress.

Looking to his cousin "Now what? Shall we explore a bit more, investigate some of the trouble down here, or attempt to finish what we were actually assigned to do?"


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Kalmafein wrote:

The ninja looks around once Igor shuffles off "Well, that sure was fun. Now then, I believe the lovely Brigitte and I were enjoying our first date, before we were so rudely interrupted" He again says with a laugh. He's clearly not being overly serious, but he has taken a liking to the waitress.

Looking to his cousin "Now what? Shall we explore a bit more, investigate some of the trouble down here, or attempt to finish what we were actually assigned to do?"

"You know, after all the excitement I've nearly forgotten what we were supposed to be doing. Patrolling or looking for trouble or some such."


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One

"Patrolling and looking for trouble." Avlar says to the two dark elves.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
Avlar wrote:

Unit One

"Patrolling and looking for trouble." Avlar says to the two dark elves.

"That's the spirit. " Mer says with a dashing grin.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Unit 3

DC 21 Perception check:
You see a flicker of movement along the rooftop to your left and another flicker of movement in an alley to your right.

A brawl in a tavern up ahead has started spilling out onto the road and the wagon carrying the prisoners has to slow to avoid hitting anyone.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3
narrator wrote:

Unit Four

Their first intended stop was unexpectedly closed, but just down the street they found a new shop. There was a sign out front that proclaimed it the Bubbly Cauldron. It was suspiciously clean and not broken down.

Dont know how I missed this.

Unit 4

Gotas cast a pair of detection spells. One for magic the other for poison, bring his gaze over to the new shop.

"You would not happen to know anything about that shop would you?" he asked Spider

Gaze:

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Spellcraft
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3
Avlar wrote:

Unit One

"Patrolling and looking for trouble." Avlar says to the two dark elves.

Aye, lad.

Really sorry I haven't been posting, my campaign tracker is being derpy again. I dunno why, but it likes to derp up right after posting resumes on things.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

Acting like he doesn't see it he relays his findings to the party through mental link.

::Be weary there is someone on the roofs to our left and in that ally there to our right. Do not react to this we must let them spring their trap so that we do not have to worry about them following us. Simply be prepared. I am going to try messing with their heads covertly.::

Ignot pretends he did not see anything, and in fact looks more vulnerable to try and draw them out early. He moves towards the alley pretending to be concerned with the fighting at the bar but in truth is trying to get, or improve line of sight so that he can put whatever it is in his collective.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Then DC 15 will save to try and snag the one in the alley. If I don't have line of sight I will try a similar approach with the one on the rooftops instead. I would prefer if they didn't know it was me, hence the bluff check.

EDIT:I had to stop concentrating on Empathy that round to do the collective thing, so that bluff should be with a +2 as the power says. so 30.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

::I see 'um. Lemme know what happens::


Unit One

"In all fairness, I should warn you that Yasha's the casino is run by some of the high-ups that work for the fairy godfather. So really, really don't let them know you're watchmen. But it's a great place to meet the sort of people who are going to be trouble, maybe learn a little bit about what's going to go down. Or you can ask Krikitt over there," Brigitte said, pointing to the mini ettercap hiding not very successfully behind a post. "People don't pay attention to him so he hears stuff. But his language skills are questionable. So I guess it's up to you how you want to go looking for trouble," she said with a dazzling smile mostly directed at Kal.


Unit Two

The hobgoblin captain glared at Brenog. "What're ye actually as dumb as ye look? Sod off, boy. Last chance. Or we'll be havin some fun to make up f'r the inconvenience of y' idiots interruptin me rest time," he growled.

Second call for Janus to make his stealth check. DC is 12 to go unnoticed. Also need to know where in the ship you're headed.


Unit Three

No surprise round thanks to good spot checks and Ignot letting folks know what's up.

The figure on the rooftop throws a smokestick down to the street beside the horses who shy away. The driver is coughing and fighting with the horses to keep them from bolting.


Unit Four

Penny mewed as she looked at the new shop.

"Yeah, you got that right," Spider muttered. "Something here isn't right...alright guys, time to go in and hopefully get some answers about this place. Keep your wits about you."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Unit Four

"I always do."

He wondered what type of person would be so outlandish to make such a shop. They had to expect a reaction among the locals if no one else.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Unit 4

"After you," Kaze' casts detect magic before entering. First day, first assignment, this will be enlightening.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit three

Initiative:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

My action remains the same. Standard action to force whichever enemy I can see into the collective, with preference to the one in the alley. DC is 15 will to avoid entering the collective.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Rolls initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 draws both pistols as part of initiative...

In a flash of speed, Malachai draws and fires at the guy on the roof...
Shot 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Shot 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

...then spins slowly toward the alley opening, ready to fire again...


Kazekage wrote:

Unit 4

"After you," Kaze' casts detect magic before entering. First day, first assignment, this will be enlightening.

The whole shop was magical....really, really magical. Trying to sort out one aura from another will prove challenging.

The shop is as clean inside as out, the walls lined with shelves full of books and spellcasting equipment. The really expensive items were confined to a glass case in the middle of the room. The glass practically sparkled. A kindly looking elderly woman beamed at them from behind the case.

"Welcome, customers. Is there anything I can help you with today?"


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit three

Initiative:1d20-1

My action remains the same. Standard action to force whichever enemy I can see into the collective, with preference to the one in the alley. DC is 15 will to avoid entering the collective.

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The attacker manages to resist Ignot's attempt to pull him into the collective and tosses another smokestick obscuring the view even further.


Malachai Musashi wrote:

Rolls initiative: 1d20+11 draws both pistols as part of initiative...

In a flash of speed, Malachai draws and fires at the guy on the roof...
Shot 1: 1d20+7 for 1d8+3
Shot 2: 1d20+7 for 1d8+3

...then spins slowly toward the alley opening, ready to fire again...

Both shots hit dead on and the person on the roof stumbles from the impact, struggling to keep from falling.

Ref save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

He manages to catch himself on a chimney and clings to it, trying to catch his breath, holding his arm against the wounds to try and stop the bleeding.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Unit 4

Gotas did not buy it for a moment. What was such a shop doing here much less tended by a old woman, if that is what she really was, for all the greedy and dengerous beings of the district to come to call. He gave a nod to the woman and spoke in a conversational manner as he looked around.

"I have never encountered your shop and it seems very new. When did you set up and you would not happen to know what went on with the old shop down the ways would you?"

Keeping an eye on the woman while looking around to see how she responded to his words and manner.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal returns the lady's smile with one of his own "Who or what is the fairy godfather? I say let's talk to the little sneak first, then go visit that casino. You'll accompany me, right? After your shift is over?"


Gotas Lertin wrote:

Unit 4

Gotas did not buy it for a moment. What was such a shop doing here much less tended by a old woman, if that is what she really was, for all the greedy and dengerous beings of the district to come to call. He gave a nod to the woman and spoke in a conversational manner as he looked around.

"I have never encountered your shop and it seems very new. When did you set up and you would not happen to know what went on with the old shop down the ways would you?"

Keeping an eye on the woman while looking around to see how she responded to his words and manner.

Sense Motive
1d20+12

The woman kept smiling. "Oh, yes, this shop is very new. I only opened it yesterday. I don't know what happened to any shop that used to be here. I only arrived here last week and there was no shop open then. But I've heard it isn't too unusual for people to disappear here. But everyone has been so nice since I arrived. I'm so fortunate."

Gotas:
She is lying about not knowing what happened to the old shop.


Kalmafein wrote:
Kal returns the lady's smile with one of his own "Who or what is the fairy godfather? I say let's talk to the little sneak first, then go visit that casino. You'll accompany me, right? After your shift is over?"

Brigitte froze. She looked at him in total shock. "H-how new to the city are you?" she asked, her eyes wide. "And promise me you'll never, ever say anything like that again. The walls have ears. Well, not really, but Krikitt isn't the only one listening is my point. The fairy godfather isn't someone to take lightly. He runs everything down here and most things outside of the Warrens, but folks don't realize how many strings he's pulling. He's the crime boss's crime boss's crime boss's boss. They say he keeps a dragon as a pet. And not a hatchling either. And the ones who are stupid enough to say it don't last long. They haven't made a move against me because I don't gossip even though I hear a lot and they sometimes have a use for my dad's little necromancer's club, so don't go letting on that I told you anything or my life isn't worth a copper piece. Going after petty criminals is one thing, but to go after him....you can't. He wouldn't even bother crushing you because that's what his bodyguards are for. But then he'd crush everyone you ever so much as kind of thought about talking to just to make a point. Didn't they tell you about any of this when you signed up? Not even a little bit of introduction to the city's criminal element?"


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Nope, not a thing. But don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything other than gambling. I just think my luck might improve a fair amount if I had a rather attractive young lady by my side. And I promise not a word of what was said here will be spoken beyond"


Unit One

Brigitte relaxed again. She grinned sheepishly. "Sorry. We get a lot of syndicate guys in the diner. Kind of an occupational hazard. And yes, I would love to spend some time with you in the casino. Though it will have to be later," she added regretfully. "My break is almost over. When you go back to your headquarters maybe you can ask them to fill you in on the organizations? Especially if you're going to be working the undercity it's important to know who's who to avoid stepping on the wrong toes.....oh and don't mind Igor if you run into him again in a few minutes. Dad usually sends him out to get signatures on his petition for undead rights after the zombies come out. The implication being that there will be more zombies shortly if signatures aren't obtained. It's not true, but he gets a lot of signatures that way. He's got this whole thing about how the otherwise living should have legal rights too and how they should be allowed to vote and everything," she said, rolling her eyes.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Undead rights are such a bad thing, but they really should only be applied to intelligent, thinking undead. There's a city not far from my homeland that's ruled over by undead. Its rather creepy and eerie, but its run well and I like doing business there." He pauses, thinking things over.

"I'll come back to the diner in a couple hours. If you're still working, I'll just hang out, maybe get a drink or three" He says with a smile.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Unit 4

So she did know something, more to the point she was trying to hide it. But was it out of fear, he doubted, or was it out of being involved, a much more believable thing.

"Aw well if you dont mind I think I will browse a bit. Do you happen to be having any deals I should know about?"

Once she was out of earshot he would let the others know. He also made a point to keep reading her a bit more to see if he had tipped her off and to see anything that was out of order in the shop itself.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Unit 4

Kaze' found the delights of the shop interesting. While Gotas kept the old lady engaged he wandered about, not quite touching anything, but trying to get a feel for the place.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

Stepping forward, James grins, quite creepily in-fact. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Captain. You fight the guard, we have to take you in. And we will take you in, unconscious...where you can serve your time. We'd have to sell your ship as well."

Intimidate Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Trying to intimidate him into letting us just check his boat, and avoid the fight.

801 to 850 of 980 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.