Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


751 to 800 of 980 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

To the ship then!

"Let's get to the ship before they have a chance to leave port." James nods, buckling in his flail and getting ready to run alongside the horses.


Kirel Torncloud wrote:

Unit 4

Kirel laughs lightly as she follows Spider.

"I just met you, so why would I want to aggravate you? It doesn't even help! Also, if it's not to personal considering we just met, is Spider your real name of just what people call you?"

"It's as real as names get. No, it ain't what my momma called me, but as Gran-gran said, my momma was a few pints short of a keg. Not the sort of person you trust to give you something as important as a name. Spider is the only name I'll answer to."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Unit 4

Gotas follows without a word, just wanting to get to work.


Unit Two

Sorry for the confusion folks. You think it would be a good idea to lock up the shop at least until you can report the murder, but your orders were to head to the boat to find the kidnappers. Plus, shriek+ evidence of scuffle+missing watchman = trouble.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Unit 3 seems to have vanished


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Unit 4

Following the others, Kaze' is content to listen to the small talk while keeping an eye to their route through the ward. Since they are checking magic shops, he also takes the time to mentally consider his inventory and if he needs to stock up on anything, maybe some more eye of newt...


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Gotcha. It wouldn't take that long to lock up the shop...we shouldn't be gone for more than a few hours dealing with the ship, so as disgusting as it is for me as a player...the body can wait.


Graal wrote:
Unit 3 seems to have vanished

Indeed. Let's see if we can get this back on track.

Unit Three

Mal rejoins the group where Ignot is entertaining the not as unhappy baby and Jimbli looks relieved not to be alone with the kid anymore. Mal fills his teammates in on what he's learned, Jimbli let's them know about the potential meet-up with the drug dealer the next day, and the group takes the child back to the guardhouse where Keriton is given charge of taking it to the temple of Sarenrae where the other orphans were already taken by Dray.

That should wrap up all of the loose ends from people working on different bits of that case.

Since they were handy when the wagon showed up to gather the day's prisoners, unit three were assigned to escort the wagon to the border between The Warrens and Docktown, where the prisoners were being taken.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Janus glances back at the shop, Let me lock up here. I will be but a moment. Head for the ship, I will catch up on Chance as soon as I can. Do not let them get away.

Janus says something to Chance in the halfling tongue and the big dog follows him back into the shop.

Inside, Janus will lock the front door, then look about quickly for anything of obvious value, as well as anything he can use to discourage anyone from trying to break into the shop.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

unit 3

thanks lyn!

Ignot takes up guard near the wagons back to ensure noone escapes. He puts on his best mean badaso swagger.

also keeping empathy up to look for hostile emotion and more imporantly hope.


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

"Understood. See you at the ship." James nods once, finishing the checks on the last of his straps and joins the others as they head toward the ship.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Unit 3
Take up a position in front to the right side of the wagon, keeps his eyes open for trouble.


Unit 4

narrator wrote:
"It's as real as names get. No, it ain't what my momma called me, but as Gran-gran said, my momma was a few pints short of a keg. Not the sort of person you trust to give you something as important as a name. Spider is the only name I'll answer to."

"So how did you get the name Spider then? The only things I can think of would be because you can climb like one or weave like one."


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal greets the others as they return. For some reason he felt as if he had to wait for them to rejoin for days or weeks instead of just for a hour or so.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

What's the 'gatekeeper' been doing as we destroy the zombies?


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Unit 3
i'll walk on the left side


Janus Draugur wrote:

Unit 2

Janus glances back at the shop, Let me lock up here. I will be but a moment. Head for the ship, I will catch up on Chance as soon as I can. Do not let them get away.

Janus says something to Chance in the halfling tongue and the big dog follows him back into the shop.

Inside, Janus will lock the front door, then look about quickly for anything of obvious value, as well as anything he can use to discourage anyone from trying to break into the shop.

It looks like anything of any real value was already stolen. But there is a bucket of nails and a ready made trap to slip it into that will ensure anyone opening the front door gets an unpleasant surprise.


James Brightblood wrote:

Unit 2

"Understood. See you at the ship." James nods once, finishing the checks on the last of his straps and joins the others as they head toward the ship.

The rest of the group makes it a couple of blocks along their route before Janus is able to catch up with them. They continue unimpeded, mostly because of the speed they're travelling at. A few thugs considered making trouble, but decided they were too much work to be worth it.

At the docks, the boat is being loaded by some very shady looking chracters, bugbears and lizardfolk mostly.


Kirel Torncloud wrote:

Unit 4

narrator wrote:
"It's as real as names get. No, it ain't what my momma called me, but as Gran-gran said, my momma was a few pints short of a keg. Not the sort of person you trust to give you something as important as a name. Spider is the only name I'll answer to."
"So how did you get the name Spider then? The only things I can think of would be because you can climb like one or weave like one."

"Like I'd have the patience for weaving," she snorted. "No, it's cause I spend so much time on the roofs. It's safer up there."


Kalmafein wrote:
What's the 'gatekeeper' been doing as we destroy the zombies?

So glad you asked. :)

Igor was standing there trying to protect his head as best he could as Brigitte swatted him with a crude club she must have picked up from somewhere as she yelled insults at him or the person who had sent him, it wasn't entirely clear which.


Unit 3

About three blocks away from the guardhouse the wagon and those guarding it are suddenly pelted by a group of children throwing poo from the gutters. They laugh as they play the game, awarding extra points for getting the poo to stick to the guards.

There's no hostile intent. The children just think it's funny.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Casting Prestidigitation to make them smell like covered in sh*t, blood, and skunk piss. And to look as being covered in sh*t, blood, and piss.

1d20 ⇒ 18 Precocious Apprentice casting success = Invisibility spell

Using this, illusion tricks, create water, and message I scare the hell out of them
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Intimidation in addition

After they flee I use Prestidigitation to clean myself from the mess if I got hit. If you read this comment of mine and begin to feel sorry for them then I did my job well :)


"Well that's our boat, should we make an "official" inspection of it, telling them an "anonymous" source claims there might be some "stolen" goods inside?


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Unless i get hit i'll ignore them, but if i get hit i'll return fire


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ignot Bangs his sheild on the ground shouting at the children.

Leave now you miserable worms, and I may still let you live. Rahhhhh! his flaming hair burns bright making the mask even more eerie with it's glowing eyes.

Intimidate:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

Sounds like a plan. James smiles as he pulls out his flail and puts his shield back on. Shall we? James's smile changes into his intimidating who-are-you-to-mess-with-the-Watch face, and gets ready to follow behind Brenog.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Janus slips off Chance with a muttered command and glides behind some crates on the docks.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34.


{HP 33/33 THP 33/33 | AC17 T11 FF16 CMD18 | F/R/W 8/6/7 | Inish +1, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

"I concur. A direct approach would definitiely be preferable." Wynnie keeps her hand on her greatsword in her fused form.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Unit 4

"The roofs? You find it safer to avoid falling rather than just avoiding dark alleys?"

Actually sounds like a good idea, until everyone else decides it's a good idea...

Kaze' starts checking out the roof tops, looking at how the buildings and roofs are designed, how close they are to each other. It's obvious he is contemplating how difficult it would be to make one's way through the city without touching the street.

"So what are we looking for in these magic shops? I doubt they will be keeping the soul jars in the display case. And I have a feeling casting any spell inside such an establishment might have... unintended results, even to detect the magical aura's."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
Graal wrote:
Unless i get hit i'll ignore them, but if i get hit i'll return fire

you're going to fire on children? or throw poo at them?


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Gotas looks over to Kazekage.

"Well if we do not let them on that we are guardsmen. They may mistake us for customers. Anyways I doubt they can keep an eye on all of us. Anyone good at sneaking around?"

He looks over to Spider.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Recalling one of his dojo master's favorite techniques, Kal disappears from sight before firing off a particularly deadly arrow at the gatekeeper.Spending two Ki Points to activate Forgotten Trick, duplicating Vanishing Trick, which costs me an extra Ki Point. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for1d6 + 1 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6, 1) + 2 = 13


Unit Four

"Wouldn't going in together and then splitting up be suspicious though? Kirel asks as she thinks Gotas' suggestion over. "At most, maybe two of us should go in together, and the rest follow through a little after."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Unit Four

"Why would a small group splitting up inside a shop be strange. Isn't that what everyone does when they enter a store, look around for something that may interest them. Personally I would find two groups entering shortly one after the other strange. Unless it is a busy shop, as I am not from here I leave it to someone more in the know."


Unit 2
Brenog will spur Cadogan onwards towards the ship "I'm Brenog a member of the Watch and we come for a surprise inspection as Brenog looks at them to judge their reactions "If you do not mind steeping aside or you can just of course resist and make my day" as he dismounts Cadogan and readies his weapon not leaving Cadogan's side and petting him for a moment "Your still hungry aren't you?"


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

Throw poo, maybe even some horse poo


Unit 3

Between being made to smell like poo, having horse poo flung at them, and Ignot's terrifying display, the unruly children ran away shrieking, though at least a few of them were shrieking with laughter.


Kazekage wrote:

Unit 4

"The roofs? You find it safer to avoid falling rather than just avoiding dark alleys?"

Actually sounds like a good idea, until everyone else decides it's a good idea...

Kaze' starts checking out the roof tops, looking at how the buildings and roofs are designed, how close they are to each other. It's obvious he is contemplating how difficult it would be to make one's way through the city without touching the street.

"So what are we looking for in these magic shops? I doubt they will be keeping the soul jars in the display case. And I have a feeling casting any spell inside such an establishment might have... unintended results, even to detect the magical aura's."

"Falling will just kill you. What's in the alleys...you'll be lucky if it just kills you," she said with a shrug.

"I try to avoid magic as much as possible myself. I think we're mostly just trying to stir up trouble. Ask to buy obviously illegal merchandise, that sort of thing."


Kalmafein wrote:
Recalling one of his dojo master's favorite techniques, Kal disappears from sight before firing off a particularly deadly arrow at the gatekeeper.Spending two Ki Points to activate Forgotten Trick, duplicating Vanishing Trick, which costs me an extra Ki Point. 1d20+6 for1d6+1+2d6+2

Unit One

Igor pulls the arrow out of his arm. "Ow," he says dispassionately. "Could you pleathe thtop beating me now, mith? You know I wath jutht following orderth. It'th what I wath built for. And I really hate getting in the middle of thethe argumentth."


Brenog Breuner wrote:

Unit 2

Brenog will spur Cadogan onwards towards the ship "I'm Brenog a member of the Watch and we come for a surprise inspection as Brenog looks at them to judge their reactions "If you do not mind steeping aside or you can just of course resist and make my day" as he dismounts Cadogan and readies his weapon not leaving Cadogan's side and petting him for a moment "Your still hungry aren't you?"

"We paid our fees already," the lizard folk hissed at him. "Can't fool me with that inspection nonsense. The watch don't operate in these parts anyways. 'S why we dock down here, ain't it?"


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One
"Stop attacking us than."

Attack and Damage Roll:

in case I need it.

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage:2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Crit Confirm:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 112d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

With laughter? I see next time I just have to properly hurt them. Also, I did a bit more than just make them smell like sh*t.


Zal Namtarren wrote:
With laughter? I see next time I just have to properly hurt them. Also, I did a bit more than just make them smell like sh*t.

I summarized. :P

And yes, laughter. Some of these kids ain't right in the head.


Avlar wrote:

Unit One

"Stop attacking us than."

** spoiler omitted **

"I have not attacked you. The zombieth did....they theem to be quite thquithed now. I wath ordered to thet the zombieth on you...ouch!...really, mith, pleathe thtop hitting me!....and I cannot dithobey my mathter," Igor whined.

At this point you guys have basically cleaned up the zombies.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal as not having used any attacks is still Invisible and goes after the bunch of children.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Stealth (for the period invisibility wears off)


Telekinesis CMB:+20 Drow Noble
Stats:
AC 12/T 12/ FF10; SR 20; HP 32; Ini+2; F+4, R+4, W+11/+19 (mind/Div)/+21 (Enc);Perc+17

Unit 1

Meredian dismisses the flaming sphere then the pit. As the ground returns to it's previous shape burnt corpses are raised and deposited on the ground.

He sneers at the corpses a moment before looking to the flesh golem. "Hum."


"I'm not here for a fee. We are here to investigate the possibility that good citizens as yourselves might be being used unbeknown to yourselves as a facade for illegal trading of stolen goods amongst other things" as Brenog and Cadogan slowly move forward "That makes it our business regardless of were in the city you dock or don't do so gentlemen" taking a small breath and looking at all the sailors "Well I would like to do this in a peaceful manner but if you of course digress my humble opinion, you are more than welcome to tell me otherwise"


Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Meredian dismisses the flaming sphere then the pit. As the ground returns to it's previous shape burnt corpses are raised and deposited on the ground.

He sneers at the corpses a moment before looking to the flesh golem. "Hum."

"If you inthitht thir. Mmmmmmm. I'm afraid I wath not made with an ear for muthic. I apologithe. Mmmmmmmmmm."


Unit 3

Merlock is able to follow the children unseen. Most of them don't run far before they end up playing in the gutter again. The ones who were laughing have a tendency to stare off into space at nothing and giggle.


Unit 2

"Wot the hell?" the lizard folk asked, as if trying to understand what Brenog just said. "I don't even know what all those words mean...."

"Cap'n, we gots trouble," he bellowed, drawing a cudgel, but not yet moving to attack.

751 to 800 of 980 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.