Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


651 to 700 of 980 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Looking over his shoulder to his other companions "Well I got about half. Would any of you like to contribute?" Mer says in a jokingly condescending way.

How slow are they moving and how far away exactly are they? Mer has things that he can do, but they'll have to be closer.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Meredian rolls his hands in an arcane motion and a 5' sphere of flame springs into existence near the zombies. He motions and the sphere jumps (up to 30') to engulf a zombie.

Mer's gong to move the sphere into the pit next round, but he wants to hit as many zombies along the way as he can.

Ref DC 17 to negate damage

Fire damage 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4

Edit: Lame ass rolls.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One
"Going to ignore that I have my weapon at the ready are we? As for more contributing let them come to us."


Guardhouse, Unit Four

Kazekage wrote:
"Interesting that we are grouped together... I am inclined to conjurations, you?"

"I'm a healer with a bit of ranged magic for offense, some mobility and sight magic too, in case it's needed. Though I can only use the last two on myself."

narrator wrote:


Shifty-eye shrugged. "Don't know if there's a temple or not. You're probably going to have more luck with that if you cross the border into Old Town East. I can direct you to any number of magic crafters, but if you're looking for trustworthy you're better off waiting for the University Arcanum to show up here. It moves, you know. It'll show up around here sooner or later."

"The University shows up here in the Warrens?" Kirel asks nervously.


Kirel Torncloud wrote:

Guardhouse, Unit Four

"The University shows up here in the Warrens?" Kirel asks nervously.

Shifty-eye shrugged. "It shows up everywhere in the city sooner or later. Most folks don't know that though since you gots to be magical to find it and they don't much set foot out of their door when they're in the poorer districts. Specially this one. Cause it's dangerous. Not like they're big bad wizards who can take care of themselves or anything. Not like the dean was born here and her family used to pretty much own this place or anything either. Meh, she's prolly why they don't bother folks around here."


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

James nods once at the Captain as he finishes his orders. James turns toward Wynnie and Janus. You guys can brief me on the tactics you use on the way. I'll follow your lead."


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Kal hangs back, his cousins words holding no weight with him. He dips a hand into a pocket inside his vest and lobs a vial at one of the zombies. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Ranged touch attack, Alchemist's Fire. for 1d6 ⇒ 1 Fire damage.

Teh dice do not love me tonite.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

Looks around, and lowers his weapon, slightly.
"Now, ma'am, I'm with the watch. I'm not going to hurt you. I jsut want to ask you a question or two about that child, and the other gal you were fightin' with. Please put the knife down." He slowly gets his badge out from his shirt pocket. "See?"

"And I was worried about you bein a crazy when I thought you were an enforcer," she said, nervously eyeing the badge. "Look, I ain't got nuffin to do with Inara or her brat. She was out of her territory, I don't like poachers, we argued. I saw an armed man coming at me and I ran. End of story."

"Alright then." he holsters his gun, and leans back against the wall. "You mind havin' a chat with me about 'Inara and her brat', then? Is she in some kinda trouble? Is the child? Why'd she run and leave her child there? I ain't never seen a woman leave her kid like that."

::Caught up to the runner, ya'll. She says that the kid belongs to a woman named Inara. I'm fixin' to get more info...:: he mentaly says to the collective.


Male Half-Orc Witch 3 (Scarred Witch Doctor)/Ranger 3 (Warden)

Unit 1

Suddenly an arrow comes flying out of the darkness behind the group heading right at the zombies.

Attack Composite Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage if a hit 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Damn deadheads! This dark magic should be left alone!" The voice was heavily accented and sounded quite angry. The source slowly appeared from the dark as a mask looking like some kind of tusked frog appeared from the darkness. "Why is it that fools everywhere turn to using these walking corpses?"

The masked man cursed in some odd as his arrow flew right past.

So far for my grand entrance. As for the cursing, if you speak Giant you'll hear some very colorful language.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Kaze' listens to his extremely brief orientation, "um, thanks, I'll get right on that." He takes the proffered codicil and shoves it into his haversack, ignoring any comments about it being a wardroom copy. Followed by his badge, he's heard enough stories to know wearing it in open is suicidal.

"Right, minimize physical damage... and... what are we doing? Looking for a mage crafter?" Kaze' looks between Kirel and Gotas. "Love potions? Those always seem to get someone in trouble."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

He thinks for a moment.

"I was only interested for personal reasons but I guess making sure those with the ability to craft and use magic are not abusing it. Would fall under our duty, we would also be suited for such things as we ourselves are spellcasters."


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Guardhouse, U4

Kaze' nods in agreement with Gotas, "from what I heard, patrolling isn't... healthy. Nor do I expect that many of the residents here would be inclined to call for the watch, so what exactly are we doing?"


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Sorry about the silence, I haven't had regular access to a computer lately. Been trying to get a job, and I konk out usually when i get out of the heat.

"Well now, this is certainly interesting, eh lads?" Kolm says, twirling his Dorn-Dergar around in the air. Move action to switch the weapon to reach, move forward if they aren't within a distance they could shamble in a round, or 5 foot step forward and Ready an action to strike the first that comes into range if they are within one round's shambling distance.

Attacks, if applicable::
Readied Attack1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Readied Attack Damage1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Attack of opportunity 11d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

AoO1 Damage1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Attack of opportunity 21d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

AoO 2 Damage1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Attack of opportunity 31d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

AoO 3 Damage1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

"Should we gather some information on the streets. Learn of any crimes or issues that need to be addressed?"

People talked, even rumors could hold some truth.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3
Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

"Alright then." he holsters his gun, and leans back against the wall. "You mind havin' a chat with me about 'Inara and her brat', then? Is she in some kinda trouble? Is the child? Why'd she run and leave her child there? I ain't never seen a woman leave her kid like that."

::Caught up to the runner, ya'll. She says that the kid belongs to a woman named Inara. I'm fixin' to get more info...:: he mentaly says to the collective.

You and Jimbli are not in the collective any longer as we have gone 130 ft apart by now I imagine. So you get silence in response.

Jimbli feels a slight pressure at the base of his neck easily recognizable as Ignot's collective.

::So who likes kids?::


Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

"Alright then." he holsters his gun, and leans back against the wall. "You mind havin' a chat with me about 'Inara and her brat', then? Is she in some kinda trouble? Is the child? Why'd she run and leave her child there? I ain't never seen a woman leave her kid like that."

The woman still looked wary, but she pulled out a pipe, filled it and lit it. "Look, Inara...she was a good kid you know? It's always the good kids that end up crawling into a bottle somewhere to drown their misery. This ain't the kind of life for a chit like that, not that she had any say in the choosing of it. She's mixed up in some shady business. Some kinda drug. Just hit the streets. Kid probly don't even realize yet that she left the kid if there's even enough of her mind left to remember she had one. She walked up to me, dropped the kid like he was a sack of potatoes and started screaming something. When you started chasing us I thought you were her dealer or something like that. And I don't want nothing to do with any of that crap."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Ahh ok, didn't know there was a range...


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
Uru Zil'Jain wrote:

Unit 1

Suddenly an arrow comes flying out of the darkness behind the group heading right at the zombies.

Attack Composite Longbow 1d20+5
Damage if a hit 1d8+2

"Damn deadheads! This dark magic should be left alone!" The voice was heavily accented and sounded quite angry. The source slowly appeared from the dark as a mask looking like some kind of tusked frog appeared from the darkness. "Why is it that fools everywhere turn to using these walking corpses?"

The masked man cursed in some odd as his arrow flew right past.

So far for my grand entrance. As for the cursing, if you speak Giant you'll hear some very colorful language.

"What the blazes?!?"

Meredian Looks over his shoulder, not sure if the new stranger is a friend or not, but at least he's firing at the mob.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

He nods in understanding. Life on the street makes many an orphan.
"What's this drug do? What do they call it on the street?"


Unit Four

"Oh, this will be fun! It's always nice to meet other magic users," a cheerful voice piped up. A petite halfling woman smiled at them, her ponytail bouncing and the bell around her neck jingling as she walked over to their group. "I'm Penny. I'll be with your group for today. Me and spider," she said, waving towards the blue eyed brunette scowling at everyone. "Don't worry about Spider. She's always grumpy."

"And I think a tour around the magic shops looking for trouble is an excellent idea!"


Malachai Musashi wrote:

He nods in understanding. Life on the street makes many an orphan.

"What's this drug do? What do they call it on the street?"

She shrugged. "I hear whispers. The dealers are calling it Elysium. The rest of us know better. It completely destroys the mind of the ones who use it, turns them into berserkers. Once you've taken this s~#~, barring some major clerical intervention you're basically dead already."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

U3
"Hmm." He takes out a small notepad an scribbles some notes. "Thank you ma'am. Do you know if Inara has any kin the boy can be taken to?"


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

U3

Zal who stood there quietly until now, still not being used to the mental link speaks up. "Might be my earlier assumption about a war drug being field tested comes true." He then notices that he spoke out loud, and adds to it as if he intended to speak to the woman. "Where might that girl be now? Any known favorite locations, spots she liked to hang out as a child at? In her current state she might have visited some place from her childhood, maybe a house she moved out of."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

When did you get there? When did I miss that?


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Well I do certainly hope we got to finally regroup now, if not the GM can say otherwise. You did stay in one location without moving while we closed in though.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

I got no problem with it, really. We'll just go with it. It's been a while, has Malachai met Zal yet?


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

"Well then, Unit 2, shall we head out?" Assuming everyone agrees, begin heading that way.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3 with the kid

Ignot kneels down in front of the child his blue eyes unmoving as he keeps eye contact with the young one. He smiles and speaks. What is your name?

Manifesting Empathy, what is this kid feeling? After that I'm going to Sense Motive with a +2 from the spell, kid's can get into some serious stuff in the Warrens, I know. 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Merlok is sneaky he must have ditched Jimbli, Graal, and I with the kid. He may still be in the collective however if everyone is within 130ft.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

...okay, I think I am lost on who is where and does what o.O


Unit Four

"I guess we've got our first day of work then." Kirel says with fake enthusiasm. She didn't know how much professional magic item crafters talked, and that meant she didn't know if one of them had been contacted by her brother and been told to watch for her just in case. "If a bunch of magic users can't keep the magic users in check, who can?"


Unit 3

Okay, so on their way back from gathering info Mal and Jimbli ran into an argument between two women who then ran away leaving a screaming kid behind. Jimbli stayed with the kid while Mal pursued the only one of the women he could still see. Meanwhile, Ignot, Graal, and Merlok headed out from the guardhouse to find their missing team members. They found Jimbli waiting with the kid. Mal was questioning one of the women who he finally caught up with in a nearby tenement building. If Merlok was there to make that comment then he must have left Jimbli, Graal, Ignot and the kid in search of Mal. ....This would be so much easier with a map.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

"I am most interested in seeing the kind of mages this part of the city has to offer."


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

I stay with my initial group then, but we REALLY need to regroup and do stuff, our team falls behind the most I think


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Yeah I'm bout to wrap this up I think...


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Kave nods greetings to the fourth and fifth members of the group. "I 'spect that any magical crafters in this neighborhood will have either very poorly crafted wares or wares they would want the watch to be the last to know about. I have only recently arrived and know not my way around. So I will follow where another leads. For now."


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Janus nods to Wynnie, then slips out the door ahead of her and remounts Chance.

Brenog and I will lead the way to their last known location.

Once everyone is ready, Janus will head back towards the warehouse, moving quickly until they get close then slowing down for the sake of stealth.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

When we get close, I'm thinking Wynnie will change to fused form. Which means I'll need 1 minute and preferably a plac concealment, like an alley.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

If you make Janus aware of the need he will lead you to a concealed spot so you can make the change.


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

James will, despite the full plate, keep up with the Mounted Janus and Wynnie, keeping a good hustle going. "What tactics do you guys tend towards? And what is the expected opposition?

Endurance and Paladin Saving throws means the you don't get winded, the world runs out of air. XP


Unit 2

"Saddle up, that would let us travel faster" as he begins to ride Cadogan thei destination "Janus I would need you to assess the situation further with Nico once we get there, to see how many are we really dealing with and what are the best points of attack and retreat we have." even if he enjoys charging into the fray, it is a very different story when fighting inside a building.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2

"And I'll need a quiet place to don my armor for battle. Will take but a minute, but I need uninterrupted silence for it, and preferably where those on the boat will not be able to see me."


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

Unit 2

James nods. Makes sense. Would you like assistance? It would make things faster.

Oh James. You don't realize what you got yourself into, do you? XP


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Janus stops the group in an alley about a block from the warehouse. Some broken crates and such can provide some cover for any armoring.

I will scout ahead and look for Nico. He holds up a signal whistle. I will blow this if we need the cavalry. He says a few words to Chance, slips off his mount's back and disappears out the end of the alley.

Janus will cautiously approach the warehouse and look for where Nico entered.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27.


Unit 2

The group had left the warehouse and followed the henchmen to a shop that was probably for magical goods before heading back to the guardhouse for reinforcements. The arrows that Nico left for them to follow are still mostly there. The last arrow they saw was directly outside the shop. They (Janus and Brenog) heard a shriek from inside the shop before heading back to the guardhouse. Is Janus heading for the shop or did the group go straight to the boat that the others found out about?


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Sorry .. I meant the shop when saying warehouse. Thought it was another warehouse. I thought our instructions were to start at the shop, and go to the boat if they had already moved on, so I led the way to the shop.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3
narrator wrote:

Unit 2

"Thank you, Wynnie. Well, it seems we know who organized this criminal act. Your unit should go and attempt to catch up to Hollins's underlings then. If they've already left the shop, head straight for the Kraken's Revenge. You might be able to get there ahead of them. They'll almost certainly have to go there to report what happened."

Shop first sounds good to me.


Unit 2

Okay, just wanting to make sure everyone (including me) was on the same page. Shop it is. :)

Janus has no problem finding the last arrow that Nico left, but any additional trace of the boy is very difficult to find indeed.

I think tracking is Survival so I'll need a check for that from you.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12.


Unit 2

Janus can't find any trace of Nico. There are no more arrows after the one pointing to the shop.


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Janus will look around the building for another way in. If he finds one he will search it for traps or alarms. If no other way in is found, he will search the front door.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19.

651 to 700 of 980 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.