Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


601 to 650 of 980 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Assuming Janus and Brenog make it back to the guardhouse unmolested....

Upon reaching the guardhouse, Janus slides out of the saddle and speaks to Chance in the halfling tongue.After Brenog dismouns, Janus leads the way into the guardhouse and up to Shifty-Eye.

We need to speak to the Captain, we have information about the slavers.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Mer:

I would hope you cheat, otherwise i'd disown you. Wanna borrow my loaded dice or marked cards?

"That's your problem Kolm. You stick only to your own race, when its obvious there is beauty to be found among all the races" He says with a smile as Brigitte takes his arm.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
Kalmafein wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"That's your problem Kolm. You stick only to your own race, when its obvious there is beauty to be found among all the races" He says with a smile as Brigitte takes his arm.

Kal:

That's what Prestidigitation is for, but keep your dice handy.


Guardhouse

"My apologies, Kazekage. I was listening to what was going on in the other room. Eavesdropping is a terrible habit, but essential for a watchman. I'll be happy to give you the whole recruitment speech later, but right now there are some urgent matters to deal with. You'll be in Unit Four along with Kirel and Gotas here. Perhaps they can answer your questions. My secretary, Shifty-eye, can also answer any questions you may have. Welcome to the Watch."

"Excuse me. James, come with me. It sounds like the rest of your unit has returned."

The door to the captain's office opened.

"Unit Two, report," he said, scanning the members present and frowning.

"Where's Nico?"


Unit Three in the field

Mal found the woman cowering in the far corner of the room, holding a dagger protectively in front of her. Based on her dress at least she looked to be a harlot of the highly inexpensive variety.


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

::hey Ingot, can we only talk to you with our minds or can we talk to each other as well? did Zal ever join the collective?::

Graal makes note of the tiny person watching the guardhouse, briefly wondering what unit he will be assigned to after he enters.

::patrol sounds good, maybe meet up with mal, see what else he's put holes in::


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

James follows in behind the captain, staying behind the captain and to his right. He looks over the group, seeing who the members of the unit will be for the first time.

Interesting... James thinks to himself.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"I think the gambling house might be a good place to investigate. Shall we go there now, or did you have other places you wanted to show us Brigitte?" Kal is just a tad wary now that she's grabbed on to one of his arms.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Sense Motive on Brigitte to make sure she's not trying to set us up or anything.


Unit One

"Well, there's the Mushroom Patch over there....they don't really cause much trouble. Drugs, but of the calming variety. Occasionally you get some petty theft from one of their clients who can't afford their favorite pastime anymore, but that's about it. And the secondhand shop over there? He's a fence, so a good place to look for leads should you happen to be needing any information. And that's about all I can tell you. I don't get out of the neighborhood much...for various reasons. Gambling is fine, though I can't stay long. I do have to get back to work," she said just a shade too brightly.

Kal:
She keeps darting nervous glances towards Forbidden Fruit, but her grip is quite light so it seems more like she's afraid of something than setting you up.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

U3
Looks around, and lowers his weapon, slightly.
"Now, ma'am, I'm with the watch. I'm not going to hurt you. I jsut want to ask you a question or two about that child, and the other gal you were fightin' with. Please put the knife down." He slowly gets his badge out from his shirt pocket. "See?"


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Graal: nope, not even sure what that means


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

::Nope it's just you me and an unconscious kobold right now. You can definitely talk to each other without a problem, our talk can also be heard when I have an enemy within so be carefull what you say, unless you're the type who enjoys misdirection.::

I forgot what name you gave me Zal and i can't find it our team member Graal has reminded me that I have not asked you if you would be willing to join with me mentally. It is a special skill I have that allows me great fineness in keeping you alive.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Merlok Zaldon stares at him. "Not sure I like the idea of others fiddling in my mind and through my thoughts. How exactly would that work?"

What ability/spell is that exactly?


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

I can asure you that I will have no access to your mind. This power merly creates a connection between us that can act as a conduit for my talents. It is best shown in practice if you would like a demonstration, I can acomidate.

It is the Vitalist's Collective. It is on D20PFSRD HERE


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Guardhouse, Unit Four
Gotas considered himself dismissed. He headed to the one called shifty eye.

"Excuse me but is their a temple of Nethys in the warrens or is their a trustworthy magic crafter you use?"


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal looks somewhat mistrusting, but sighs in the end. "Let's try it, but I am really not sure I like the idea, even if it is just a restricted mind-meddling magic."


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Unit 2

Janus looks up at the Captain, Sir, Nico is remaining on station, as eye on target. Nico, Brenog, and I remained behind to try and gather more information about the slavers. After a short time, a skinny gnoll and a dwarf came and began searching the bodies of those we slew, but they did not simply strip them of valuables; they were looking for something in particular. They spoke a language I do not understand. After a time, they left and Nico followed them while I went to collect Brenog from where he was concealed. We followed Nico's trail sign to a warehouse, then came to make a report and try to collect the rest of our unit before trying to take them down with just the three of us.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

"Well, that's settled then."
Meredian says as he heads toward the casino casting a quick spell on himself. Prestidigitaion can perform small tricks for up to an hour. Small changes can be used fairly effectivley to cheat. ;-)


Unit One

The door to Forbidden Fruit creaks open.

Perception DC 15:
"No, no, it'th shuffle, shuffle, groan. Not groan, shuffle, groan, shuffle."

"Time for walkieth!" the strange gatekeeper said cheerfully as he led a pack of zombies onto the street.

Brigitte let go of Kal's arm abruptly and took a step away from him.

"Igor, this isn't funny! Zombies do not need walkies! And he promised he wouldn't do this anymore!" she yelled at the approaching group.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Meredian turns to look over his shoulder at the sound. Eyes widen slightly at the sight.
"You have got to be kidding me."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

"Put them away Igor or I'll skip over them and kill you."

Intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Mer's not bluffing.


Unit One

"Thorry, thir," the flesh golem said apologetically. "Mathter ordered it, and I can't dithobey Mathter's orderth."

The zombies continued to shuffle forward.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:

Unit One

"Thorry, thir," the flesh golem said apologetically. "Mathter ordered it, and I can't dithobey Mathter's orderth."

The zombies continued to shuffle forward.

"So it's like that." Meredian states more than asks.

I'm looking at a zombie horde being led by a semi-intelligent flesh golem, right?

Targeting the largest group (or all if possible) meredian says an arcane word and points at the ground below the undead mob.(You'll have to help me with the exact placement since I can't actually see them.)

The ground seems to warp and open to a massive pit (10'X10'X20')

Reflex save for anyone standing where the pit opened DC 15.
Reflex save for anyone standing on the edges of the pit DC 13.

Creatures falling take falling damage as normal or 1d6 in this case.

Climb DC to get out of the pit is DC 25. Pit will last 6 rounds.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Nodding to the captain, Kaze' follows Gotas out of the office and stands a couple of steps behind him as he asks Shyfty-eye about a temple or caster.


Guardhouse, Unit 4

"So what can you do, Kazekage?" Kirel asks.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit Three

Merlok feels a slight pressure at the base of his neck then it's gone. You feel exactly the save them you hear in you head.

::OK you are now joined. You may leave at any time with a thought, and you can talk with the others who are joined by simply thinking with intent to do so. Do not worry surface thoughts and musing are not transferred.::


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

::well then let's go find our fellows and continue our patrol. We should probably go back to where we split from them and see if we can track them.::


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Kazekage gives Kirel a close look, noting the lack of visible weapons, the plain and simple clothing, "Which one are you, Gotas, or Kirel? What can i do... Now that is the question we all face, is it not?"

Kaze' gives her a moment before giving her a short bow, "I generally style myself as a dabbler of the arcane arts, a purveyor of mysteries, finder of secrets, and seeker of lore. And you?"


Guardhouse, Unit 4

"I'm Kirel." She smiles. "Kirel Torncloud. I like helping people out nowadays, which is part of why I'm joining the Watch, and I'm a magic user too. I can't remember training for it or it being a heritage thing, but I've got it. A little divine and a little arcane, I think."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Gotas turns to the two talking while he waits for his questions to be answered.

"I am Gotas Lertin, former mecenary. I too make use of magic, but I have my ways in close range and prefer it at times."

His spaccious sleeves and lack of weapons clear with his last statement.


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

James waits for the Captain to introduce him, not wanting to over-step his bounds.


Wayang Noble Rogue 2 / Wizard 3

"Interesting that we are grouped together... I am inclined to conjurations, you?"

While talking to his two companions, Kaze' keeps an eye on the front door while checking the room for other exits.

"I was just assigned and have not been provided an orientation, or other instructions. How does this Ward operate?"


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One

Avlar turns and watches as Meredian creates a pit. He than draws his sword shaking his head at the undead.


Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

Looks around, and lowers his weapon, slightly.
"Now, ma'am, I'm with the watch. I'm not going to hurt you. I jsut want to ask you a question or two about that child, and the other gal you were fightin' with. Please put the knife down." He slowly gets his badge out from his shirt pocket. "See?"

"And I was worried about you bein a crazy when I thought you were an enforcer," she said, nervously eyeing the badge. "Look, I ain't got nuffin to do with Inara or her brat. She was out of her territory, I don't like poachers, we argued. I saw an armed man coming at me and I ran. End of story."


Gotas Lertin wrote:

Guardhouse, Unit Four

Gotas considered himself dismissed. He headed to the one called shifty eye.

"Excuse me but is their a temple of Nethys in the warrens or is their a trustworthy magic crafter you use?"

Shifty-eye shrugged. "Don't know if there's a temple or not. You're probably going to have more luck with that if you cross the border into Old Town East. I can direct you to any number of magic crafters, but if you're looking for trustworthy you're better off waiting for the University Arcanum to show up here. It moves, you know. It'll show up around here sooner or later."


Janus Draugur wrote:

Unit 2

Janus looks up at the Captain, Sir, Nico is remaining on station, as eye on target. Nico, Brenog, and I remained behind to try and gather more information about the slavers. After a short time, a skinny gnoll and a dwarf came and began searching the bodies of those we slew, but they did not simply strip them of valuables; they were looking for something in particular. They spoke a language I do not understand. After a time, they left and Nico followed them while I went to collect Brenog from where he was concealed. We followed Nico's trail sign to a warehouse, then came to make a report and try to collect the rest of our unit before trying to take them down with just the three of us.

The captain nodded. "Very good. This is James Brightblood. He'll be joining your unit. Wynnie, what did the interrogation of the half orc reveal?"


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal follows Ignot quietly.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ignot heads out looking for the rest of his squad.

First place to check is where we met the goblins. Then see if we can find tracks or any sign of the others. If that fails, start up the patrol we were doing previously.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Survival to track:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Unit 2 (At Guardhouse)

"The Half-orc was hired by a person named Hollins with the Orphan's Aid Society. They were to escort the, um, 'merchandise', to a boat named the Kraken's Revenge. He never actually saw Hollins, only his associate Grizz, a gnoll. According to Ignot, Hollins is only a lieutenant in the organization."

I think that's everything, not trying to hold anything back.


Unit 3

They are able to find Jimbli pretty easily about halfway to where they met the goblins on account of the screaming baby sitting beside the now disgruntled watchman's feet.


Unit 2

"Thank you, Wynnie. Well, it seems we know who organized this criminal act. Your unit should go and attempt to catch up to Hollins's underlings then. If they've already left the shop, head straight for the Kraken's Revenge. You might be able to get there ahead of them. They'll almost certainly have to go there to report what happened."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Just waiting on a response to the mob of undead I just dropped into a pit.


Unit Four

Shifty-eye sighed. "Alright, here goes. You've got your unit and your badge so that's that. There's a boardinghouse near here that gives a discount to watchmen. You'll need it, the pay sucks. When a prisoner gets arrested we confiscate their gear and that helps supplement our incomes. It's illegal in other wards but since they don't give us anything for equipment, they relax the rules for us. This big book here has all the laws of Chance. You're welcome to study it anytime you like. Try not to use lethal force unless truly, absolutely necessary. Remember that you're enforcing the law. I think that about covers the basics, unless you have any questions."


Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Just waiting on a response to the mob of undead I just dropped into a pit.

I can only type so fast! :P


TEAM 3 Male Halfling psion (nomad)/rogue(cutpurse+scout) 3
narrator wrote:

Unit 3

They are able to find Jimbli pretty easily about halfway to where they met the goblins on account of the screaming baby sitting beside the now disgruntled watchman's feet.

Jimbli waves sheepishly.... worn out from trying to keep the screaming baby entertained. "Not quite feeling that sense of pride I dared expect from serving the Watch..."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Just waiting on a response to the mob of undead I just dropped into a pit.

I can only type so fast! :P

**Craps whip** ;-)

lol. Just a reminder, not a condemnation. ;-)


Unit 1

Mer's spell manages to catch seven of the fifteen zombies in the pit. Groans and scrabbling sounds can be heard from below.

Igor looked at his reduced horde and then at them.

"Well, thith ith awkward."

The remaining zombies shuffled forward, still quite a distance from them.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

U3

"Pride? You may have gone to the wrong city for that then." Zal tries out this mind communication as he doesn't say the words that he thinks directing at Jimbli.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3
Kazekage wrote:
"Interesting that we are grouped together... I am inclined to conjurations, you?"

Guardhouse, Unit 4

Having listened to the basics, he understood how things were. Answering Kazekage.

"I prefer evocations by profession. So shall we head out?"


Zal Namtarren wrote:

U3

"Pride? You may have gone to the wrong city for that then." Zal tries out this mind communication as he doesn't say the words that he thinks directing at Jimbli.

For telepathy use ::double colons:: around the words instead of quotation marks. It's a quick shorthand to make it easy to tell the difference.

601 to 650 of 980 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.