Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


451 to 500 of 980 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
narrator wrote:

Unit One

Pay no attention to the rolls behind the curtain.** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

looking directly at the creature and pointing his rune carved staff.

''move and illl vaporize you. ''

Bluff (sort of)
1d20+7

The emaciated creature shrieks and jumps back, cowering away from Meredian. It chittered something that vaguely sounds like 'please don't kill me'.


Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:

U3

Mal follows Jimbli for a bit, then catches up and walks with him back to the guardhouse.
"Find out anything?"

Unit Three on street

On the street ahead there was a scuffle between two scantily dressed females of humanish appearance, but the women ran off as soon as they saw someone coming towards them. A small child sits crying in the street, apparently abandoned.

"Stay with the child, I'll go after them!"

Mal gives chase...

Perception check please.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

Hmmm, being fatuiged hasn't knocked him out of it. Let's take a look at whats in his veins now that hes still.

Manifesting Animal Affinity for +4 to wis, then Detect Poison and making wisdom check to identify the substance. 1d20+6

** spoiler omitted **

Edit:If I know the poison can you tell me the duration so I know how long I need to wait before this guy is coherent.

It's a brand new poison, so the best I can tell you is its effects. It provides negatives to wisdom and intelligence and bonuses to strength as well as an insanity effect. It is highly addictive and the intelligence damage might be permanant. The duration is 1d4 hours.

1d4 ⇒ 3


Janus Draugur wrote:
narrator wrote:

Janus and Nico

Nico Stealth 1d20+12

The two of them are able to hide in the warehouse where they have a long boring wait. A little over a half hour later there is the sound of footsteps. A skinny gnoll wearing tattered black robes and a burly dwarf examine the scene, stopping to check the bodies.

Janus will stay hidden and watch them. Do they seem like they are just taking an opportunity to search dead bodies, or do they seem like they are actually looking for something? I would also like to listen carefully to hear what they are saying, if anything.

Perception: 1d20+9.

Orcish:
"There were bodies outside too," the knoll hissed. "Have you found any signs of who did this?"

"Eh," the dwarf grunted. "No signs that I can find. No brands so it's not the Actuaries. No idea who else would want to steal slaves. Maybe a new player?"
"Hollins won't like it. I need to stop at the market to get divination supplies before we tell him. Less likely to kill us for bringing bad news if I can tell him who did it."


Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9

Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.


Male Human Rogue/Battle Sorcerer Gestalt

Zal went to a near tavern, after some hesitation he decided not to drink any of the brew served there, but bought a cheap bottle of wine and took it to Shifty. "Here, much easier to transport than beer, they really should consider to bottle beer too."

He looks at the door where the others with the kobold disappeared to. "Did they get back yet? As it seems the group already went their patrol route so I have no work right now, was that all for today?"


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Unit 3

For the last round he's fatigued I will use steal health again to knock him out and bring the pigeon back to consciousness. DC 15 will save with a -2

Well we wont be getting any information out of this guy today. He's most likely insane from some drug. I felt it in his brain, and I saw it in his blood. I wonder if it's the same stuff we found at the scene. Let's go see if Jimbli is back.

Ignot picks up the pigeon, opens the door waiting for the thri-kreen to step through then closes it behind the two of them. Upon seeing his fellow guardsmen interrogating a beat up prisoner a smile crosses his lips and he walks over to observe, still holding the pigeon in his hands.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

narrator wrote:
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
narrator wrote:

Unit One

Pay no attention to the rolls behind the curtain.** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

looking directly at the creature and pointing his rune carved staff.

''move and illl vaporize you. ''

Bluff (sort of)
1d20+7

The emaciated creature shrieks and jumps back, cowering away from Meredian. It chittered something that vaguely sounds like 'please don't kill me'.

"Cousin, you're the one he was stealing from. Would you care to deal with it?" Mer ask,s his cousin politely, though his eyes and staff stay trained on the creature.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Psst. It was Avlar it was trying to steal from.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
Kalmafein wrote:
Psst. It was Avlar it was trying to steal from.

Oops. Please change "Cousin" to "Avlar" in my above statement.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit 1

"What is it first?"


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
Avlar wrote:

Unit 1

"What is it first?"

TKG:what is it?:

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Knowledge (Dungeon) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge (engineer) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Knowledge (Nobilitty) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Linguistics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Zal Namtarren wrote:

Zal went to a near tavern, after some hesitation he decided not to drink any of the brew served there, but bought a cheap bottle of wine and took it to Shifty. "Here, much easier to transport than beer, they really should consider to bottle beer too."

He looks at the door where the others with the kobold disappeared to. "Did they get back yet? As it seems the group already went their patrol route so I have no work right now, was that all for today?"

This post confuses me. Some of your unit is interrogating the kobold. Only Mal and Jimbli are missing. It's only been a few minutes. Shifty-eye basically told you to wait a few minutes and you guys are going back out on patrol. Do you still want to leave the guardhouse to run this errand?


Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
Avlar wrote:

Unit 1

"What is it first?"

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
As far as you can tell, it's a pint sized ettercap. perhaps a magic experiment gone wrong

Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

For the last round he's fatigued I will use steal health again to knock him out and bring the pigeon back to consciousness. DC 15 will save with a -2

Well we wont be getting any information out of this guy today. He's most likely insane from some drug. I felt it in his brain, and I saw it in his blood. I wonder if it's the same stuff we found at the scene. Let's go see if Jimbli is back.

Ignot picks up the pigeon, opens the door waiting for the thri-kreen to step through then closes it behind the two of them. Upon seeing his fellow guardsmen interrogating a beat up prisoner a smile crosses his lips and he walks over to observe, still holding the pigeon in his hands.

"Your interrogation technique izz fazzinating. I wizzh I could have zzeen it in action againzzt a more coherent zzubject," Keriton said regretfully. "Good luck finding the zzourzze of the drugzz."


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3

Janus does nto speak orcish. Can he tell from their actions that they are not simply stripping valuables from the bodies? That would be enough for him to act.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Avlar wrote:


"What is it first?"

"It appears to be an ettercap, only smaller. How odd. Typical ettercaps are six feet tall. They're abberations that combine spider and humanoid features. They're known for making traps to overcome a general lack of killing skill."

Mer thinks a moment considering the creature

"It could be useful in the way urchins are. It's probably been scavageing around here for some time. He may know useful information. Then again, perhaps not."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9
Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.

U3

Sees where the woman ducked into to, approaches the corner cautiously and draws his weapon, moving into the alley...


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit 1

Avlar stares at the little ettercap for a bit before saying "Well lets keep it for a bit than, if it does not know anything or is unwilling to help, we can lock it up."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Looking at the creature.

"You caught my friend in a good mood. It looks like you get to live for a little while longer. How long depends on how helpful you are. If you're very good we might even keep you as a pet."

Pondering a moment

"So what can you tell us about the area? Any interesting people or things we shouldn't miss?"

Mer say's the last part in a very friendly tone as if talking to a tour guide. He's clearly not expecting much, but you never know.


TEAM 3 Male Halfling psion (nomad)/rogue(cutpurse+scout) 3

Unit 3 - babysitting

"Hey kid. You hungry?" Jimbli looks through his rations for something age appropriate to feed the small child. "Either those unkempt doxies yer mum?"
diplo!1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Please forgive my cousin. He's often quick to overreact. We're here to meet a friend and could use any useful information you could provide" 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Diplomacy


Janus Draugur wrote:
Janus does nto speak orcish. Can he tell from their actions that they are not simply stripping valuables from the bodies? That would be enough for him to act.

They are basically ignoring the valuables and seem to be searching the bodies for something else.


Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9
Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.

U3

Sees where the woman ducked into to, approaches the corner cautiously and draws his weapon, moving into the alley...

He sees the woman climbing a set of rickety stairs on the side of one of the buildings.


Jimbli Willit wrote:

Unit 3 - babysitting

"Hey kid. You hungry?" Jimbli looks through his rations for something age appropriate to feed the small child. "Either those unkempt doxies yer mum?"
diplo!1d20+6

The crying baby looks at him and blinks. "Mama? Mama! Mamamamamamamamamamamamamamamaammamamamamama-waaaaaah!" The baby, apparently a tie fling child resorted to crying when its only word didn't produce the desired results.


Unit One

The small ettercap slowly looked up, not quite trusting this offer of mercy.

"The ones with blue circles on their sleeves bring bad juju," he said, carefully, afraid they wouldn't be satisfied with his offering of information.


Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Unit 3

For the last round he's fatigued I will use steal health again to knock him out and bring the pigeon back to consciousness. DC 15 will save with a -2

Well we wont be getting any information out of this guy today. He's most likely insane from some drug. I felt it in his brain, and I saw it in his blood. I wonder if it's the same stuff we found at the scene. Let's go see if Jimbli is back.

Ignot picks up the pigeon, opens the door waiting for the thri-kreen to step through then closes it behind the two of them. Upon seeing his fellow guardsmen interrogating a beat up prisoner a smile crosses his lips and he walks over to observe, still holding the pigeon in his hands.

The half-orc smirked at Ignot. "Aww, you brought dinner. How nice."


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

"Bad juju huh? That sounds unpleasant. Thank you"

In Elven "Sounds like some sort of mages."


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Unit One

"Did it really just say bad juju?" He than nods as Kalmafiein speaks.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

I'm assuming you mean the prisoner in which case

Ignot walks closer to him moving the bird forward as an offering almost.

Are you hungry then. You look to have been through a tough time. Tell me about it if you want, I'm good at listening. You must have been in some bad stuff for my new friends to mess you up so bad. Here if you let me help you I can heal some of your wounds. Just relax your mind and I'll have you fixed up in no time.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Halfling Knife Master 3 / Time Thief 3
narrator wrote:
Janus Draugur wrote:
Janus does nto speak orcish. Can he tell from their actions that they are not simply stripping valuables from the bodies? That would be enough for him to act.
They are basically ignoring the valuables and seem to be searching the bodies for something else.

Unit Two

Janus will move over to Nico and whisper very quietly to him,

Go get Brenog. We need to take these two alive. I cannot understand them, but they are obviously not just looting the bodies.

Janus will then move into position from which he can quickly support Brenog.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3
narrator wrote:
The half orc looked at Wynnie in disbelief. "No care about law. Law not so bad. Get dead iffen I tell you anything. Dead bad."

Just realized I haven't checked this person for evil yet. What do I see?

"Dead is bad, but we can help you, if you are only willing to cooperate."


Male Fighter/Barbarian 3

Aye. It said bad juju.

Kolm looks at Kalmafein as he speaks in Elven, not understanding the graceful tongue.


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

Unit 1

Thinking a moment and turning to the ettercap,

"Show us to where one of these bad JuJu men are? We'll stay away, but I want to see one."


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9
Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.

U3

Sees where the woman ducked into to, approaches the corner cautiously and draws his weapon, moving into the alley...
He sees the woman climbing a set of rickety stairs on the side of one of the buildings.

Does it look like she's still fleeing, or she moving as if she thinks she lost her pursuer?


Janus Draugur wrote:
narrator wrote:
Janus Draugur wrote:
Janus does nto speak orcish. Can he tell from their actions that they are not simply stripping valuables from the bodies? That would be enough for him to act.
They are basically ignoring the valuables and seem to be searching the bodies for something else.

Unit Two

Janus will move over to Nico and whisper very quietly to him,

Go get Brenog. We need to take these two alive. I cannot understand them, but they are obviously not just looting the bodies.

Janus will then move into position from which he can quickly support Brenog.

Stealth: 1d20+20.

Nico frowned. There was no way he could make it to Brenog and back before these guys took off. He pulled something out of his pocket and held it in his cupped hands, whispering the message to it before releasing the tiny mechanical construct to deliver the message for them.

"I'm going to follow them," he mouthed so that Janus could hopefully understand.


Guardhouse

"Whaddayou people think I was born yesterday? It ain't in my best interest to tell you nuffin," the prisoner growled glaring at both Ignot and Wynnie.

Keriton stepped forward. "Forgive me for interrupting. May I zzpeak with the prisoner pleazze?"


Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Thinking a moment and turning to the ettercap,

"Show us to where one of these bad JuJu men are? We'll stay away, but I want to see one."

The small wizened ettercap chittered and danced around uncomfortably.

"Don't like. Don't like bad juju. Don't want to go there. Bad bad bad. They come and go from that place," he said, pointing to a building with a sign shaped like a bunch of grapes.


Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9
Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.

U3

Sees where the woman ducked into to, approaches the corner cautiously and draws his weapon, moving into the alley...
He sees the woman climbing a set of rickety stairs on the side of one of the buildings.
Does it look like she's still fleeing, or she moving as if she thinks she lost her pursuer?

Like she's still fleeing.


Guardhouse

The dwarf who had been hired to guide them this far safely looked askance at the new recruits.

"Good luck. You're gonna need it. Seems like a waste to me, but what do I know."

James, Kirel, and Gotas are standing just outside the guardhouse.


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

A man with exotic features and strange leather armor over robe like clothes stands seemingly at ease. He nods to the dwarf guide.

"You have my thanks."


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)
narrator wrote:
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:

Unit 1

Thinking a moment and turning to the ettercap,

"Show us to where one of these bad JuJu men are? We'll stay away, but I want to see one."

The small wizened ettercap chittered and danced around uncomfortably.

"Don't like. Don't like bad juju. Don't want to go there. Bad bad bad. They come and go from that place," he said, pointing to a building with a sign shaped like a bunch of grapes.

Any idea what the sign with grapes means:

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Knowledge (Dungeon) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge (engineer) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge (Nobilitty) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Linguistics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Hobgoblin Hungry Ghost Monk/Urban Ranger 3 HP 42 | AC21 T20 FF18 CMD23 | F/R/W 6/6/5 | Init +7, Per +8

::heads up jimbli, new guys have arrived. If the bird doesn't work maybe see what they can do::

oh look! More people! Please come inside. We're right in the middle of tortu..interrogating a suspect. Would you like to join us?

The shabbily dressed hobgoblin says as he heads for the group of new comers, motioning them to enter.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
narrator wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
1d20+9
Malachai spots one of the women ducking into a small alley.

U3

Sees where the woman ducked into to, approaches the corner cautiously and draws his weapon, moving into the alley...
He sees the woman climbing a set of rickety stairs on the side of one of the buildings.
Does it look like she's still fleeing, or she moving as if she thinks she lost her pursuer?
Like she's still fleeing.

He'll continue to pursue her, scanning other nooks in alley as he goes...

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Aasimar Oath Against the Wyrm Paladin 3/Unbreakable Fighter 3

James raises an eyebrow as he enters the guardhouse. "Surely such measures are not necessary...I may be able to assist in getting information from him once I report in to the Captain."


Male Tiefling Tattooed Sorcerer/Soulknife 3

Gotas raises a hand to Graal.

"I will have to decline until I have met with a Captain John Turnsdale."

Once he finishes speaking he places his hands into his over long and spacious sleeves.


Kirel frowns. She knew what the hobgoblin meant.

"I'm going to have to decline. If you want me to ask questions, and only that, I'll do so after I meet the Captain and have been told what you want to know."

Dressed in little more than the most basic of clothes, this halfling woman still manages to have a hint of nobility around her and even though her face frowns, her eyes still show happiness.


Guardhouse

The door to the Captain's office opens and Captain Turnsdale walks out. He sighs.
"Do I really have to remind you that torturing is a no-no? Return his gear, heal him, and send him on his way. Make sure to mention in all the wrong places how very helpful he's been in our investigation."

The captain paused long enough for the half-orc to start protesting vigorously, eyes wide with fear.

"Or the prisoner might have some useful information to share in which case he would remain under arrest and be sent on to the jail later today."

The half-orc agreed to enthusiastically that he had lots more he could tell them.

"New people in my office, the rest of you back to work. And try to remember you're watchmen not hoodlums," he said dryly.


James smiles as he watches the Captain handle the 'interrogation' situation. He follows the Captain toward his office, all the while thinking Not bad.

451 to 500 of 980 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Games of Chance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.