Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Games of Chance

Game Master lynora

A gestalt campaign in a homebrew setting starting at level 3, the PCs are new recruits to the Chance City Watch in the worst district of the city.


1 to 50 of 435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

Alright, here we are. A discussion thread to finish up character creation. Don't feel rushed. Gameplay won't start until next week. :)


M H Zen Gunslinger Monk 4

Sweet.
This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Posting again here, work in progress.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

Dotting...


Male Hobgoblin Ranger(Urban)/Inquisitor(infiltrator)

..dotting

Mr.Swagger


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Mordechai wrote:

Sweet.

This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.

The dad would be from Haran. I don't really have anywhere with that sort of small-town western feel. It's quite possible that his father could have become a watchman in Bresais. It's a small town along the caravan road leading to Chance. He could potentially have picked up the revolver from one of the merchants traveling that road.


{HP 33/33 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/7/7 | Inish +2, Per +2} Female Aasimar Paladin 3 / Synthesist Summoner 3

Dotting.

Just an FYI, I realized I had given myself skill points as though fifth level for some reason. I've adjusted them down to third. Not sure what I was thinking when I did that.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
lynora wrote:
Mordechai wrote:

Sweet.

This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.
The dad would be from Haran. I don't really have anywhere with that sort of small-town western feel. It's quite possible that his father could have become a watchman in Bresais. It's a small town along the caravan road leading to Chance. He could potentially have picked up the revolver from one of the merchants traveling that road.

Ok I'll re-work it a bit...

I just have a couple feats to take, but toherwise this guy is done.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Malachai Musashi wrote:
lynora wrote:
Mordechai wrote:

Sweet.

This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.
The dad would be from Haran. I don't really have anywhere with that sort of small-town western feel. It's quite possible that his father could have become a watchman in Bresais. It's a small town along the caravan road leading to Chance. He could potentially have picked up the revolver from one of the merchants traveling that road.

Ok I'll re-work it a bit...

I just have a couple feats to take, but toherwise this guy is done.

Okay. Looks like he'll bring some interesting times to Chance. :)


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Can somebody check my skills? Pretty sure I added them all up correctly, but I am not positive.

A few notes:
Bluff and Stealth both add Wis as well as their normal mod, due to the Heretic Archetype.

There is no ranks in Intimidate, but I listed the bonus since I get an increase via Inquisitor.

Finally Sense Motive gets a bonus from Inquisitor as well.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

No clue how many ranks you put into each but I think Disable device is off by 1 if you put full ranks into it.


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

I'm having trouble finding good domains that fit Ignot. He was an information gatherer of the rather unseemly type. Torture, interrogation, magical probing, healing to keep them alive, a little condition sharing to show them the pain of their victims, or sometimes just a friendly meal and veiled threats. All of these things were done for a good cause of course. Someone has to do the dirty work he would tell himself.

I would like to make him N so that I can use Versatile Channeling. I like the Fire(smoke), Healing(restoration), Knowledge, and Trickery(any) domains so far. If you guys have any suggestions on domains or deities that would be cool.

In addition, I know that insight into Ignot was very vague but a bit of information on where a man with my talents could fit in this world would be helpful in letting me move forward.

This is the Vitalist(life leech)/Cleric. In case you don't know the life leech allows for condition swapping throughout the collective and makes good use of the Unwilling Participant feat to put my victims/enemies into my collective.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

For Ignot, perhaps he was working for one of the gang lords? Doesn't require one to be evil. Especially in the Warrens, the gangs are in their own way the closest thing to order that can be found. If he got caught, he could have had his sentence commuted to service in the Watch. He sounds like just the sort they'd try to recruit.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

2 Ranks + 3 for class skill, +4 Dex = +9 bonus.


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

Yeah than cannot really say, guess work on the how many ranks are in each part.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3
lynora wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
lynora wrote:
Mordechai wrote:

Sweet.

This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.
The dad would be from Haran. I don't really have anywhere with that sort of small-town western feel. It's quite possible that his father could have become a watchman in Bresais. It's a small town along the caravan road leading to Chance. He could potentially have picked up the revolver from one of the merchants traveling that road.

Ok I'll re-work it a bit...

I just have a couple feats to take, but toherwise this guy is done.
Okay. Looks like he'll bring some interesting times to Chance. :)

Heh. "May you live in interesting times."

The place you said his father was from, Haran? Do they have their own language? I'm short one, none of the normal choices make sense...


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Ok I'm having trouble getting the skills and stuff to represent him properly. I think I might have to scrap the current idea. It's time for bed for me. My thoughts now turn towards Vitalist(life-leech)/Monk. We shall see what sleep brings.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Malachai Musashi wrote:
lynora wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
lynora wrote:
Mordechai wrote:

Sweet.

This isn't the final...this is for the old character, but feel free to peruse the background info. It'll be the same pretty much, jsut need insight on what bits need to change name wise.
The dad would be from Haran. I don't really have anywhere with that sort of small-town western feel. It's quite possible that his father could have become a watchman in Bresais. It's a small town along the caravan road leading to Chance. He could potentially have picked up the revolver from one of the merchants traveling that road.

Ok I'll re-work it a bit...

I just have a couple feats to take, but toherwise this guy is done.
Okay. Looks like he'll bring some interesting times to Chance. :)

Heh. "May you live in interesting times."

The place you said his father was from, Haran? Do they have their own language? I'm short one, none of the normal choices make sense...

Well, the youkai do anyway. Regional languages is more of a headache than I want to deal with.


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

Youkai?


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Ok, I could have sworn Lyn posted how much gold we get, but now I can't find it. I thot she said 3500...


Male Half elf. 3 Cavalier(Beast Rider)/Fighter

She did link


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Malachai Musashi wrote:
Youkai?

<----*has been reading too much manga*

Youkai is a generic term for monsters. In this case spirits and other oriental flavored fey/oni. They have their own language. Like sylvan but a little different.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Lyn,

So far for SLAs I've swapped out Feather Fall for Disguise Self, Levitate for Spider Climb and Suggestion for Nondetection.

Trying to stay non-combat oriented as well as fitting the concept of the character. I'm thinking that reason my SLAs are different is that my god, Count Ranalc blessed me with them.

Questions:

1) Are these ok so far??

B) Would it be ok if I switched out Divine Favor for Honeyed Tongue and Dispel Magic for Glibness??


Male Weremonkey Rogue/Ranger/Trickster
lynora wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
Youkai?

<----*has been reading too much manga*

Youkai is a generic term for monsters. In this case spirits and other oriental flavored fey/oni. They have their own language. Like sylvan but a little different.

You're forgiven Lynora, as this is the same term Paizo uses over in Tian Xia for the exact same thing, save that its Yokai.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Kalmafein wrote:

Lyn,

So far for SLAs I've swapped out Feather Fall for Disguise Self, Levitate for Spider Climb and Suggestion for Nondetection.

Trying to stay non-combat oriented as well as fitting the concept of the character. I'm thinking that reason my SLAs are different is that my god, Count Ranalc blessed me with them.

Questions:

1) Are these ok so far??

B) Would it be ok if I switched out Divine Favor for Honeyed Tongue and Dispel Magic for Glibness??

Yes, those are okay, and yes you can make those switches.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Monkeygod wrote:
lynora wrote:
Malachai Musashi wrote:
Youkai?

<----*has been reading too much manga*

Youkai is a generic term for monsters. In this case spirits and other oriental flavored fey/oni. They have their own language. Like sylvan but a little different.

You're forgiven Lynora, as this is the same term Paizo uses over in Tian Xia for the exact same thing, save that its Yokai.

^.^


Male Pale Master

dotting...

hoping to knock out crunch this evening.


Male Drow Noble Inquisitor 2/Ninja 3

Lyn,

You have no idea how excited I am to play this character!! He's freakin perfect so far.

Thank you so much for not only allowing me this chance, but also lettin me customize him

I hope this game last a long, long time ...


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Kalmafein wrote:

Lyn,

You have no idea how excited I am to play this character!! He's freakin perfect so far.

Thank you so much for not only allowing me this chance, but also lettin me customize him

I hope this game last a long, long time ...

This post makes me happy. All of the work that goes into GMing is worth it when the players are excited and having fun. ^ . ^

And if Avalon is any indication, we should be able to keep this up for a long time yes. Though it will be interesting for me going back and forth between epic and very much not epic. :)


Male Human Gunslinger (pistolero) 3/Monk (Zen gunslinger) 3

It'll just be a different kind of epic :P

<twirls guns about and reholsters them>


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble
Stats:
AC 12/T 12/ FF10; SR 19; HP 28; Ini+2; F+4, R+4, W+11/+19 (mind/Div)/+21 (Enc);Perc+17

Mer history/personality synopsis:

Meredian is, in his mind at least, at magical nexux of arcane energy. He started his career as a wizard, but soon stumbled upon some ancient lore which he used to unlock the magic potential in his lineage of powerful casters (sage sorcerer bloodline so it uses int not cha).

He's haughty, but loyal to those who have deserved it. He's not particularily good, but he's far from evil despite his race. It's a matter of convinience. He's found that if he shows kindness (or at least the pretense as long as it doesnt cost him anything) it's easier to deal with the population as a whole. Plus charm magic has never been his strong suit. He hasa no problem slitting someones throat as needed, but he would never do it "for fun." He's just not sadistic like that. If he was to participate in anything sadistic it would be with aa specific goal in mind, like torture to get information for example.

Once his magical research reached a plateau he decided to take to adventuring. He'd be able to discover new lore and fill his pockets with gold. His cousin or brother (Monkey god's working on the exact connection) was extremely eager to join for his own reasons.

Monkeygod has the next part I think. Something about a aboat and joining up with a couple of other players.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

This is Monkeygod's GM alias. I'm posting under this as it shows what I am, an Archangel of Awesome.

Thus, any game I play or run will automaically be epic *and* awesome...


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

Lol. Okay, maybe epic was the wrong word choice.:D

You guys will be dealing with gangs and the minions of the Fairy Godfather. The Av alon folks just fought a god. And won. Bit different power levels there. ;P


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble
Stats:
AC 12/T 12/ FF10; SR 19; HP 28; Ini+2; F+4, R+4, W+11/+19 (mind/Div)/+21 (Enc);Perc+17
Voice of Awesomeness wrote:

This is Monkeygod's GM alias. I'm posting under this as it shows what I am, an Archangel of Awesome.

Thus, any game I play or run will automaically be epic *and* awesome...

Noted.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Sounds like the sort of practical mindset that will fit in well in the Warrens.

Qadira

Male Human Bard 1/Barbarian 1
lynora wrote:

Lol. Okay, maybe epic was the wrong word choice.:D

You guys will be dealing with gangs and the minions of the Fairy Godfather. The Av alon folks just fought a god. And won. Bit different power levels there. ;P

Yeah we did. :P

Sorry I haven't been posting much, I've been tied up a bit IRL. I'll have Kolm done any day now, though.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble
Stats:
AC 12/T 12/ FF10; SR 19; HP 28; Ini+2; F+4, R+4, W+11/+19 (mind/Div)/+21 (Enc);Perc+17
lynora wrote:

Lol. Okay, maybe epic was the wrong word choice.:D

You guys will be dealing with gangs and the minions of the Fairy Godfather. The Av alon folks just fought a god. And won. Bit different power levels there. ;P

BRING THEM ON!!!

;-)


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

No problem Edgar. I'm still working on getting general info and NPCs done, so it's all good.


Telekinesis CMB:+19 Drow Noble
Stats:
AC 12/T 12/ FF10; SR 19; HP 28; Ini+2; F+4, R+4, W+11/+19 (mind/Div)/+21 (Enc);Perc+17

Edited my history a bit for spelling and grammar. I'm on a wireless keyboard and it sometimes randomly doubles letters and such.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Meredian Adriatnaic wrote:
Edited my history a bit for spelling and grammar. I'm on a wireless keyboard and it sometimes randomly doubles letters and such.

Tell me about it. Mine inserts random spaces here and there.


Male Drow (noble) 14 Ranger

LLI E S!!! !


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

:D


Dotting to keep track of the thread until kickoff. :)


Male Pale Master

@ lynora - Im thinking of going Tiefling but would like to change from the base using the Fiendish Heritage rules. Ive noticed you've allowed some adjustments so wondered if I needed to take the feat to make the changes? or is some hand waving possible?


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Stiehl9s wrote:
@ lynora - Im thinking of going Tiefling but would like to change from the base using the Fiendish Heritage rules. Ive noticed you've allowed some adjustments so wondered if I needed to take the feat to make the changes? or is some hand waving possible?

I'm fine with handwaving as long as we're talking about an even exchange. To add extra stuff will have to cost something.


Male Weremonkey Rogue/Ranger/Trickster

Hey Stiehl, according to James Jacobs, the Fiendish Heritage feat is no longer required to have a different bloodline than the base one in the bestiary. All that is needed is the GM to ok it. That's why the feat is not reprinted in Blood of Fiends.


Male Pale Master

^sounds good, thanks. I'll be keeping it an even exchange.

probably going Tiefling/Kyton-spawn - Favored Soul 2/Binder 3

swapping the darkness SLA for a +2 Cha or some such.

time to start writing stuff down...


Male Pale Master
Monkeygod wrote:
Hey Stiehl, according to James Jacobs, the Fiendish Heritage feat is no longer required to have a different bloodline than the base one in the bestiary. All that is needed is the GM to ok it. That's why the feat is not reprinted in Blood of Fiends.

right on! thanks Monkeygod. Always cool to see familiar faces in a game...and, hey dont forget the Wolves!


Male Half-Giant Cleric3/Vitalist(life-leech)3

Is it ok to have full plate. I'm already going to be moving 20 with medium armor so I figure why not. I will not even be proficeint however I don't think my Ignot knows how to stab moving people anyways. I'm asking for two reasons.

1: is it ok to spend 1500 of our 3500

2:will people be annoyed about my turtle tendency. I also plan to have a shield. Ignot should not have to make a single attack roll all game. I also will not be able to do any STr/Dex based skills. Honestly I don't have ranks in those anyways. I will however still contribute quite well to messing with gang punks and keeping you alive.

Edit:also I'm using the trickery(deception) domain so it will be fun to make the punks squirm just looking at my wall of metal. I'll be having max bluff as well so I'll let them know how skilled I truly am with my full plate.

On a more mechanical level I will still threaten and plan on being very much in the middle of things. Flanking will be available for those who wish it.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Ignot Pureflame wrote:

Is it ok to have full plate. I'm already going to be moving 20 with medium armor so I figure why not. I will not even be proficeint however I don't think my Ignot knows how to stab moving people anyways. I'm asking for two reasons.

1: is it ok to spend 1500 of our 3500

2:will people be annoyed about my turtle tendency. I also plan to have a shield. Ignot should not have to make a single attack roll all game. I also will not be able to do any STr/Dex based skills. Honestly I don't have ranks in those anyways. I will however still contribute quite well to messing with gang punks and keeping you alive.

I can't speak for whether people will be annoyed or not. But from the money standpoint, I don't care if you spend all of the money on a single item. You'd probably regret it later, but whatevs. That should be the player's choice. If you have the gp to afford it, go ahead.

1 to 50 of 435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Games of Chance Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.