Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Gameday VI We Be Goblins! (Inactive)

Game Master TheSuperDodo


51 to 100 of 174 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

We Be Goblins!

Sneaky Dare:

1d10 ⇒ 9
9d20 ⇒ (17, 12, 4, 20, 4, 7, 3, 2, 14) = 83

Sorry, malfunctioning WiFi ate my detailed post and it's gotten late, so I'll just give you the details of your rewards now and let you chat, divide loot between each other and enjoy the feast until tomorrow.

Chuffy and Reta's reward for hiding so well is the Ring that Lets You Climb Real Good, a ring of climbing. Chuffy's reward for escaping the Rusty Earbiter without a scratch is the Chief’s Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful. This is a robe of useful items that has only four patches left - a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe, and a bullhorn.


"Poog claim Ring that Lets You Climb Real Good," Poog says, staring at Chuffy with baleful eyes, "In case Poog need to be climbing real good. Reta, you good at horse-killing. Poog better at dog killing. Reta take cleaver."


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

"Horse-chopping Reta's second favorite! First is longshanks! Chop them up, pile in a pit!"

Reta takes the weapon and slides it through a pair of holes in her clothing on her back, acting as a sheath.

-Posted with Wayfinder


We Be Goblins!

You are brought before the chief again at dawn, whereupon he gives you your mission instructions: "get fireworks and bring them here to me." To help them, he gives you the remaining fireworks from Scribbleface’s stash - two Desnan candles, four paper candles, and a skyrocket. The journey to the fireworks stash, as indicated on the map, is relatively short - a slog not quite a mile-long through the swamp along the creek’s southern bank.

Rules for the fireworks:

Desnan Candle:
When lit, this foot-long wooden tube launches a flaming pyrotechnic "candle" every round for 4 rounds. Each projectile deals 1 point of nonlethal damage and 1 point of fire damage if it hits; on a critical hit, the target is also blinded for 1 round. The projectiles shed light as candles for 1 round and have a range increment of 5 feet. Attacking with a Desnan candle is a ranged touch attack and always has a -4 nonproficiency penalty.

Paper Candle:
This finger-sized explosive detonates noisily 1 round after lighting. Anyone in the same square as a paper candle when it explodes must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be dazzled for 1d4 rounds.

Skyrocket:
When lit, this foot-long wooden tube begins to shake and emit a handful of white sparks, shedding light as a torch. One round later it takes flight, moving in a straight line with a fly speed of 90 for 1d6 rounds before loudly exploding in an burst of light and sound, dealing 2d6 points of fire damage in a 10-foot burst (DC 15 Reflex save for half ). If a skyrocket impacts a solid surface or a creature before reaching its maximum range, it detonates prematurely at the point of impact. Anyone who takes damage from the explosion is either blinded or deafened (a 50% chance of either) for 1 round.

So, do you have questions for Chief Gutwad? Even if you do, he doesn't care. Also, who gets which fireworks?


Chuffy strides forward and takes the skyrocket.
He looks right at Poog and says, "Maybe someday you three will prove yourself to Zarongel the same way Chuffy has, until then, know Chuffy is the mightiest!"

He strides out of Chief Gutwad's hut.


Poog takes the Desnan candles. "Chuffy not know what Chuffy say. Poog forgives his blas-feemy."


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Reta chuckles darkly. "We'll see how tough Chuffy is when LotsLegs snatches 'im up! Mogmurch and Poog do fire best, Mogmurch should get last candles."

She hands the paper candles to Mogmurch and marches out.

Silver Crusade

Me like candles! Make things go BOOM! he says with a cackle.


We Be Goblins!

After deciding who gets what with surprisingly little squabbling and swearing, the four heroes set out on their adventure in the Brinestump Marsh. The marsh itself is relatively difficult to navigate, with numerous stretches of deep water that must be skirted and thick tangles of stinging nettles, but the journey is relatively uneventful. That is, until an event happens. While passing in a clearing, you manage to hear the sound of something clicking and of sticky feet going up and down, but before you can respond a giant spider leaps at you from above!

Initiative:

Reta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Chuffy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Poog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Mogmurch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Turn Order
Round 1
Reta
Mogmurch
Chuffy
Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many
Poog

Reta, Mogmurch and Chuffy are up!


Map?

Chuffy whips out a dart and tries to hit the spider while it's still flatfooted.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
sneak dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3


We Be Goblins!

No map for this encounter.

Chuffy throws a dart at Longlegs, but it is stopped by the spider's tough skin.

Reta and Mogmurch are up!


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Reta moves up to Lotslegs, cackling with combined fear and cruelty at being able to kill a living thing so soon after leaving. As she does so, she draws the dogslicer and then slashes it at the creature's body.

"Ha! Zarongel know Chuffy not mightiest, see!"

+1 dogslicer: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
DMG (slashing): 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Crit DMG: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

He throws a bomb at the spider
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 RTA
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Reflex 12 or catch on fire


We Be Goblins!

Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Reta gleefully strikes at the giant spider with her weapon from Chief Gutwad's armoury, completely ignoring the latter's instructions to run away when they meet Lotslegs. Mogmurch joins in on the fun, chucking a bomb at Lotslegs and lighting her on fire. The spider, clearly not expecting such competent prey, hurriedly scuttles back.

Lotslegs is now 60ft away from you.

Team Goblin is up!


"Chuffy's warning shot scared Lotslegs!" Chuffy strikes a dramatic pose, then pulls out a dart and moves 30' toward Lotslegs.


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

”Ha! Chuffy be food if Reta not here!”

Reta charges the giant spider, sword out and flailing.

+1 dogslicer, charging: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 10
DMG: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


"Zarongel demands sacrifice! Sacrifice Lotslegs in fire!"

He chases after the fleeing spider 30 ft and releases a small bolt of flame range 30 ft.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Fire is because of me, not anyone else he proudly proclaims

Is there more damage for her being on fire?


We Be Goblins!

Poog's fiery bolt, together with the burns inflicted by the bomb, are enough to finish the menacing spider off. Following in the direction she ran in, you find Lotsleg's Lair. The lair itself consists of a deadfall of several old trees. Scattered amid the trees are dozens of bodies, some of which are goblins, but a few of which are humans.

Perception DC 12:
You find the following items among the bodies: 24 gp, a Small masterwork light crossbow with 11 bolts, a single pearl worth 100 gp, 2 potions of cure moderate wounds, a potion of bull's strength, a potion of bear's endurance, and a wax-paper-sealed package containing six pieces of licorice-flavored taffy.


Chuffy takes a careful look around, lurking in the shadows.
Take ten perception=15
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Unfortunately, as soon as he starts spotting loot, he completely forgets to be stealthy.
"Oooo! Goodies!" He attempts to eat the pearl then spits it back out."Yech. Doesn't taste like bugs at ALL!" He spies the crossbow and bolts and quickly scoops them up.
"MINE!" He hisses at anyone who approaches him as he lovingly strokes the crossbow. "Mmmm, Precioussss..."


Poog eats a piece of candy. "Not bad. Reta could like."


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Reta spots the treasure as well and runs over and snatches up two of the vials at random and then takes the taffy into hands. She bites off an end and starts to chew.

"Reta find good stuff here."

Will take one of the potion of cure moderates and the potion of bull's strength.


We Be Goblins!

Once you finish looking at the precious loot from Lotsleg's lair, you continue on your journey to the fireworks for a short while before arriving. The point indicated on Scribbleface's map isn't quite on the coast, but it's close enough to hear the faint susurrus of waves crashing on an unseen swampy shoreline. The site itself is obvious once it is approached - a two-masted ship lies mired in the mud in this clearing, its rigging thick with moss and decorated with lanterns and windchimes made from goblin skulls and bones. Strange writing is faintly visible along the ship's prow, while the soggy, swampy "yard" that surrounds the wreck is encircled by a rickety wooden fence. A thin curl of smoke wafts up from a chimney that protrudes from an unusual box-like structure near the ship's bow. As you approach the wreck, the chilling sound of a nearby neighing horse pierces the musty air.

Map updated. Feel free to move around and inspect the wreck from wherever you like.


"Look. Water over here," Poog says with distaste.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Chuffy quickly moves up to the fence, climbs to the other side and attempts to hide under the nearest tree. Anything to avoid those cursed 4-legged beasts of DOOOM.

take ten climb check=13
Stealth check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Silver Crusade

WATER NO BURN! he exclaims Making burning things not burn he growsl.


"No see horse," Poog comments. He then struggles over the fence and tumbles to the other side.

Climb: 10 + 0 = 10


We Be Goblins!

Map updated. Not on my PC right now, but imagine the H is a big scary horse coming to eat you.

Chuffy makes it over the fence so quietly even he doesn't notice he's there. Poog follows him and tries to climb sneakily too, but as soon as he arrives at the top a weak gust of wind blows him over into the mud on the other side, which piques the curiosity of a terrifying creature that neighs and snorts.

Initiative:

Reta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Chuffy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Poog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Mogmurch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Stomp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Turn Order
Round 1
Reta
Poog
Mogmurch
Chuffy
Stomp

Party is up!


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Getting over the stomach flu. Apologies for the delay.

Reta's eyes go wide at the sight of the monstrous creature. She runs over to the fence and attempts to hurdle over.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Chuffy lets out a shriek of terror as he realizes that the call is coming from inside the house fence.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" he shouts, whacking himself in the head with each word. Then he regains his focus.

He hustles back to fence and tries climbing over, and then tries to hide on the other side.

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


"Ah! Horse! Reta? Where Reta? Kill horse with horse-killing chopper!" Poog shouts as he runs away like a little baby goblin.

Double Move


We Be Goblins!

Half the Goblin Crew flees in horror while Reta struggles to climb over the fence and engage the demon-spawn.

Mogmurch is up!


We Be Goblins!

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Mogmurch bot tries to climb over the fence, giggling at the thought of lighting a big scary horse on fire, but loses his footing and falls flat on his back. Meanwhile, Stomp slowly closes in on Poog, the only goblin remaining around the wreck.

Turn Order

Round 2
Reta
Poog
Mogmurch
Chuffy

Stomp

Team Goblin is up!


Chuffy creeps forward 10', trying to remain hidden. Peering through the slats of the fence, he tries to line up a shot with his shiny new toy!

Can Chuffy shoot his crossbow through the fence? Even if it's with cover penalty, that's what he'll do if he can. If not, he'll double move at half speed along the fenceline, trying to find a shot while maintaining stealth--i.e. moves 20' further, along the fence.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
to hit with crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3
sneak dmg?: 1d6 ⇒ 2
does not include cover penalty, if there is one. And if stealth worked, it should be versus Flat-Footed AC, and the sneak damage would apply.


Poog continues to flee out of the pen in a panic. "Giant demon horse! Ah! Help!"

Double Move


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Reta hurtles over the fence and runs right up to Stomp, slashing wildly at the demon horse.

"You fear Reta Bigbad!!"

+1 horse bane dogslicer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
DMG (slashing, magic): 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4, 1) = 10

Silver Crusade

He tries to climb again
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


We Be Goblins!

Chuffy hides behind a fence post and fires his crossbow at Stomp, taking it by surprise as his bolt sinks into the horse's flesh. Reta, wanting to show the other goblins how wimpy they are, swings the Gorge of Gluttons at Stomp, making him collapse to the ground, though it is still angrily neighing.

Stomp is now staggered, at 0 hp. Assuming you'll easily kill him at this point, let's move forward.

With the horse dead, the natural continuation is aboard the wreck. A vine-choked gangplank with a mossy handrail descends sharply from the ship’s bow to the muddy ground below. One handrail seems to be encrusted with a large ball of dried mud. The gangplank is very steep requiring a Climb check to ascend. When you decide to climb, please give me a Knowledge (Nature) check.


"I'll cover you," Chuffy whispers conspiratorially. He'll try and hide beneath the tree, crossbow at the ready, eyes peeled for any danger.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Take ten Perception=15

If any goblin makes it up top without incident, Chuffy will then carefully take his time climbing up, head on a swivel.
Take ten Climb=13, no Kn-Nature


"Reta good kill," Poog says, "Zarongel pleased."

He puts on the ring of climbing real good and follows Chuffy.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


We Be Goblins!

As Chuffy inspects the gangplank, he notices that the vines connected to the muddy ball are rigged, and ascending the plank may cause the ball to detach from the railing.

Silver Crusade

Send Reta he laughs.


If Poog is the first one heading up:
Chuffy just hums quietly to himself, to try and keep from laughing out loud when the trap goes off.

If either Reta or Mogmurch are first one, or are too close to Poog going up...:
"Wait, the wise and mighty Chuffy's Goblin Senses are tingling. There is a trap!" Chuffy moves up and attempts to disarm the trap.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female goblin fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Init:+3 | Per:+9 | SM: +1

Reta starts to head up first, then Chuffy intervenes. She inspects her good sword while saying, "Good job Chuffy, me always knew you'd help out team, team I leading. We be goblin heroes."

Reta then crouches down and starts to sneak in ahead of the others.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


With a sidelong glare at Poog, Chuffy says, "Mighty Reta is a good, strong leader. Chuffy follow her anywhere." Preferably at a safe distance in case he blew the disable check...

If Reta not smacked by trap, he follows, very slowly, deliberately, and with what he hopes appears to be a professional manner, all goblin ninja.
Take Ten Stealth=26
Take Ten Climb=13
Take Ten Perecption=15

Silver Crusade

He want to be a stealthy little goblin
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


We Be Goblins!

Chuffy, the cunning goblin that he is, manages to rig the vines so that they don't break when the crew climbs up the gangplank, slightly disappointed that he could not lure Poog into the trap.

The main deck of the shipwreck is cluttered with objects both natural and artificial. Thick swaths of leafy vines grow over the deck, and shiny green patches of algae and moss grow where the vines do not. The central cabin's roof has a wide edge, creating a canopied walkway along the ship's sides. A flight of steps up to the roof of the ship's main cabin, the entrance to which is blocked by a door decorated by a large number of rodent and bird skulls. A smoking stovepipe chimney extends up from the ship's highest point above.

Move yourself up the gangplank; where to now?


Chuffy leans in to whisper to his "pals." "Maybe drop fireworks down the stove pipe and charge in right after they go boom?"
Chuffy peeks around the corner of the cabin and then eyes the wall and vines that lead to the roof of the cabin. Does he think he can climb up there easily enough?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Ah, I thought Poog was going first, but I'll happily take not being stung.

Poog eventually stops being blind and finds his way to the gangplank. He scuttles onto the deck and looks around. "How get inside funny box house?"


We Be Goblins!

There are now arrows on the various doors and staircases on the ship.

51 to 100 of 174 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dodo's PbP Gameday VI We Be Goblins! Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.