Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Gameday 6 Prince of Augustana (Inactive)

Game Master Gummy Bear


101 to 150 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Herald is similarly unconcerned with things ending in "neering", but he can renew the Light spell on his shield and hold it high to provide illumination for Mort.

Hmpf. I know crazy, and that weapon was not any more sentient than a strawberry alarm clock is splenetically translucent.

He seems pleased to have found just the right metaphor for the situation.

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Nan never went to school a day in her life; she can cook a mean steak but couldn't care less about why rocks look the way they do. When she sees the vermin, her nose twists in disgust.

"Blech, Rats. Always rats." Nan grins at Barbo. "If they decide to try and swarm, wouldn't mind seeing what you can do with that alchemist's fire."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

K Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Mort pauses for a second as he sees the rubble and the insects glowing under The Herald's lighted shield "I'm not 100% sure what's going on here, but be careful with all these bugs. I've dealt with large swarms of bugs before, if they get up under your armor it'll be a week before you find them all. Never mind your bedroll!"

He grabs out a vial of alchemist fire and prepares to sneak past it to continue down the hallway if possible.

Not sure if the insects count as a study-able target yet, but if so I'd like to here before I continue.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo also pulls out a flask of Alchemist Fire and recasts Light on Babe' s collar.

"Well, Nan, I can hit it, but only if you'll cook up some rat stew for dinner!"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | Portrait

Bardic Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Watch that low point in the ceiling," Lara says, pointing to a point above the pile of rubble. "It may have trapped sewer gases....I'd stand well clear of it if you're going to go throwing fire nearby."


Prince of Augustana

As you discuss your next course of action, the vermin suddenly start to writhe. Among the collection of rats, centipedes, and other critters flooding out of the cracks, an ungodly amount of spiders begins to swarm in your direction!

Round 1 

-------- 

Barbo 

Red Swarm (Knowledge Nature)
Old Nan 

Herald 
Blue Swarm (Knowledge Nature)
Lara
Mort
________

Rolls:

Initiative
Mort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Lara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Herald: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Barbo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Old Nan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Spider Swarm, Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Spider Swarm, Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

I apologize for the sloppy icons, but I can't find good picture for spider swarms... Let me know if you have better ideas! While the swarms coalesce, I will allow Mort to have his studied target occur and you all to draw your preferred splash weapons.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

How deep is this sewer?
I'm going to delay until the herald's turn.

Also, curses. Another knowledge skill I haven't invested in yet.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Prince of Augustana

Round 1 

-------- 
Red Swarm (Knowledge Nature)
Old Nan

Herald
Barbo

Blue Swarm (Knowledge Nature)
Lara
Mort (Two Fort Saves, 6 damage)

The swarm surges forth and begins crawling all over Mort! Their razor sharp mandibles dig into his skin and the sickening sensation of thousands of little legs scaling your skin starts to overwhelm you.
________

Rolls:

Swarm vs Mort: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

How deep is the water channel that we are walking next to?

Barbo, seeing the spiders crawl over Mort, loses his cool and tosses the Alchemist Fire. More out of fear than precision, he tosses the fire over Mort's head and into the back of the swarm.

Alchemist Fire, 3 Range Increments: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 6 = 14

Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Is there no reflex save? I didn't see one...

Tossing the bottle over Mort, into the back of the swarm on the corner square.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Herald removes an alchemist's fire flask from his belt and tosses it at the corner.

Alchemists Fire: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Fort vs Distraction: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Spiders begin crawling all over Mort, head to toe, taking their fair share of flesh and blood from the tall, pale man. He looks undeterred however at the task at hand, even with the flying bottles of fire hurling over his head. I've got a bad feeling about this Mindy!


Prince of Augustana

Barbo's flask shatters on the stone walkway, sending pieces of glass everywhere. What starts off as a simple burst of flame suddenly erupts into a volatile explosion as the condensed sewer gas ignites. A green wave of fire leaps around the corner, searing Mort's bleeding body.

Once you recover from the sudden blast and look around, the pipe is eerily quiet. Even through the ringing in your ears, you can tell that none of the vermin are stirring any longer.
________

Rolls:

KA-BOOM!: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

The channel of water is 5ft deep. iirc, Alchemist's Fire have a reflex save to avoid catching fire, but not to avoid/half the damage. Reflex save for Mort! I'll let you all regroup before pressing us forward tomorrow.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo's jaw drops to the floor. "What in the gods..." He quickly rushes to Mort's side, unsure of what he can do to help. Desperately, he yells in the man's face. "MORT! CAN...YOU...HEAR...ME? THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION! YOU MIGHT BE DEAF NOW!"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | Portrait
Lara wrote:
"Watch that low point in the ceiling," Lara says, pointing to a point above the pile of rubble. "It may have trapped sewer gases....I'd stand well clear of it if you're going to go throwing fire nearby."

"I warned you!" the Taldan archaeologist chides. She sighs, "So much for the element of surprise."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Hearing Lara's warning just in time, Mort is able to shield his face and hold his breath as the firey explosion rolls over him. He looks to be a bit singed but overall is pretty happy to see the spiders dead on the floor. And here I thought today started out pretty well, that sure did change.

He turns to Barbo with a blank look on his face as he holds his ears and puts his finger to his lips, hoping the man stops yelling. He mouths the words You blew me up, you bastard!

Sense Motive DC18:
Bluff+Study: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 He ain't deaf, but he's got a sense of humor..

He pulls out a small, crooked stick and hands it to The Herald as he points to he scorch and bite marks across his arms.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

The Herald has seen a wand before and knows what to do.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Herald is happy to use anyone's wand at any time. Go ahead and roll them yourself to save time.

Sense Motive DC18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

He cocks an eye at Mort, then silently mouths at Barbo,

Yeah, you bastard, you blew him up before I had a chance to!

Sense Motive DC12:

You catch Herald winking slyly at Mort.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Wow, that was lucky.

Barbo stands up in shock. "You're not even deaf!" He starts to walk away a few steps then stops and turns around. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN DEAF!"

He turns to Old Nan. "Kids these days! No manners!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Prince of Augustana

Once you've regrouped, you do your best to follow the approximate path that your Royal Liege was forced to take. Several hundred feet down the way, obvious graffiti begins to cover much of the walls here. Most of it are simple drawings, but a prominent few among them are large, stylized drawings of a wyvern in shiny gray paint.

Reaching an intersection of major channels, you easily locate a series of unique images. Among these images is that of a skull crawling with bugs and an arrow pointing back the way you came (west), as well as an image of a beggar's bowl holding a coin and key with an arrow pointing to the south. The word "Almsman" is inscribed onto the side of the bowl.
________
You guys are great :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Herald cocks an ear at Barbo and replies,

Eh? What's that, sonny? I can't quite hear you.

He then almost falls into the sewage from laughing.

Looks like we should head South. Herald will continue in second place, providing light for Mort (or whoever takes point).

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

I'm going to assume I've taken 10 damage, 6 from the swarm and 4 from what I expect was a made reflex vs the explosion for half? Herald healed me for 3 and I'll roll at least another wand healing before we continue.

Wand o Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Good enough

Mort waves on another zap from his healing wand from The Herald before he claps Beezle Bub on the shoulder "Great work there, I'd rather get a bit roasted with an explosion than have those spiders crawling around in my jock for the rest of eternity."

He dusts himself off, stows the healing wand and heads on down the sewer tunnel. "Well, I'm not real sure what that skull looking thing means, but lets leave that for after the Almsman?" He stops to take a closer look at the skull before heading south.

K Local/Dungeoneering vs Skull: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo, feeling more ashamed about his foolish comments than his actions, walks in the rear of the group. He does reply to Mort, however. "Oh, yes! I remember I met this beautiful woman in a port on Cheliax once. Let me tell you, a spider in your pants is much preferable to a Chelish woman!"

Barbo pauses besides Mort, to examine the odd graffiti.
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Well, whatever that skull is, I'm glad we're leaving it! Besides, looks like the almsman is this way."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Nan catches up with the group, joining them at the drawings. "If we head to the Almsman, I'm sure they might appreciate a little food in their belly." Nan smiles a motherly smile; it seems like cooking and taking care of people is her first love, and smashing things with frying pans her second.

Safely in my new home, will be posting regularly again.


Prince of Augustana

Ahead a faint light glimmers in the dark. Slowly it resolves into a crude lantern held by a toothless old beggar who holds a chair leg in his other hand. Beside him stands a scrawny youth, similarly armed but obviously terrified. Behind the two derelicts is an open door bearing the symbol of the beggar’s bowl, coin, and key.

The old man eyes you warily as you approach. “If yer intentions be peaceful, Abadar makes you welcome.”
________
Gah, sorry Mort. You did make the reflex save and have taken a total of 10 points of damage.

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Hail and well met, fellow pilgrim. Our intentions are to investigate a mystery. We bear no ill will to you, and seek only news of a man who may have passed through here recently.

He stows his morningstar and proffers his hand in greeting.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

I am The Herald. Well, that's not my name because...well, I don't remember my name, and...well, that's not germaine to this discussion but I can certainly see why you would question...what I mean to say is, we mean you no harm, and you may call me Herald.

His hand hangs waiting, awkwardly.

Sense Motive on the response: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Whatever it is, sounds good!

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Nan's head pops out from behind The Herald, an excited grin on her face. "I'll cook ya up something good! I been intching for an excuse to do some cookin' and I can make a whole lotta somethin' from a whole lotta nothin'."

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo steps up beside The Herald. "Wow, you two look very intimidating. Nicely done. We're looking for information about a man who calls himself 'The Prince of Augustana'. Does that name ring a bell?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

-Posted with Wayfinder


Prince of Augustana

The beggars slowly back away from the Herald. "You sound and look like yer in the right place, head on up. We could use a good cook too," the older one responds, waving them up the stairs. "An' I haven' heard a no Prince of any kind 'round here."

Beyond the door, a short flight of steps leads up into what appears to be the basement crypt of a church of Abadar. Perhaps two dozen beggars huddle among sarcophagi, some sleeping, some haggling over bits of junk or scraps of food laid out on blankets. A tall man in clean robes wearing a plain copper mask walks among them. He looks at you calmly for a moment before addressing you. “If you respect this sanctuary, I offer you what sanctuary I can. Otherwise, begone!”
________
Slide 6 is up

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo steps forward and greets the priest. "We come in peace. We search answers about a friend. He goes by the name of Gandros, he carries the symbol of the Pathfinders and he fancies himself a Prince. He floated past the Almsman’s Sanctuary a few days ago, maybe you saw him?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
whoops.

Sense Motive on his answer.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort heads inside the old church cellar, nodding at the guards as they let them pass A bit rough around the edges them two, but hey, I've been there.

Once inside he has a look around the room for a minute as the others strike up a conversation with the masked bandit. He takes a moment to study the man, size up his movements, his tells, his gait. Don't people realize masks are creepy as hell? Wonder what he's hiding back there, bet he wouldn't care for me to ask either...

Mort stays silent for now, letting the others handle this diplomatically if possible. He keeps his eyes and ears on alert for trouble and weighing the Almsman's words carefully.

Sense Motive + Study: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Perception + Study: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Ain't no Aid Another gonna help that roll. :-)

Herald makes a show of being nonthreatening as he surreptitiously examines the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Of course we shall respect your sanctuary. Do you have a moment to answer a few questions?


Prince of Augustana

The Almsman lets the silence hang for a moment before speaking. "Perhaps I know of this 'Prince.' It sounds like you need something and I am happy to inform you that I need something as well. You see, we are in a bit of a bind," he explains, gesturing to all around him. "Certainly you've been acquainted with those bastards calling themselves Steel Wyverns? They extort our meager earnings. We have tolerated it thus far, seeing as we could afford their little tax and we aren't exactly an army. However they are due to arrive for their toll in two hours and they have recently upped the price well beyond what we can afford. They have promised a 'beating beyond our wildest dreams' if we can't produce and I fear this will be the case. My offer is thus: protect us from those sniveling losers and I will tell you what I know about your Prince."

Mort, Herald:

Beyond what you would expect to be found in a beggar's camp, you do notice something that could be used as a cudgel under or near each of their beds (or at least what passes for one). Notably, there are three beggars how haven't moved an inch since your arrival. Each are laying in their bed. Heal check?

Mort, Barbo:

While initially agitated at your presence, the beggars appear to be taking the hint from the Almsman and have relaxed. They appear to be genuinely going about their business.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Mort looks at the lying beggars quickly and shrugs his shoulders before turning back to the Almsman "How many of these thieves we talkin about here? We aren't exactly an army either!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Hmmmm...probably dead, those three. No sense making a fuss.

Almsman, are your parishioners able to defend themselves at all?

Sense Motive on the response: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Yup, sounds legit guys!

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo nods amicably. "We would be happy to defend you, as we love to help our friends. Of course, friends help each other, no?"

He smiles devilishly. "How many of these wyverns are there? Maybe... two henchmen and an alchemist?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Old Nan scurries about the cellar, telling various peasants to "lie with their feet up" or "lie down already you crickety old bat." She eventually sets up a small makeshift cooking station and retrieves various accutraments from her pack, cooking the beggars a decent meal.

Profession Cook, Take 12: 12 + 8 = 20

While cooking food she calls to the Almsman. "Aye, we be good in a scrap and we'd be happy to help clobber some thugs for ya!"


Prince of Augustana

"For this trip, they'll probably send around a handful. They'd want to make a serious show of force. My companions aren't fighters, but they have been organized into some sort of resistance should we need it." he explains. "The henchmen always have those spears, 'Wyvern Stings' they call them. Their leader likes to talk and whip us when he gets the chance, but we do our best not to incite their wrath."

"Madam, thank you for your food. This helps more than you will ever know," the Almsman says with sincere gratitude.
________
Looking around, there isn't really anything for you all to fortify your defenses. Nearby, however, is a rickety plank bridge that you could use for wood. Let me know when you all are have a plan!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

"Hey Nan! Don't think you aren't gonna cook for the rest of us too. It takes a lot of grub to keep me in tip top shape, and dried trail rations just don't cut it!"

While she prepares dinner Mort spreads out the loot and equipment they've collected so far. "Well, we've got a few of these longspears, maybe we should make use of them?"

He then takes a look at the beggars on the cots and rubs his chin "Anyone good with disguises? Maybe we could hide some of us as these guys down on their luck... get the jump on em." He looks closely at The Herald and Nan, as two older and more physically capable folks, smiling as he does.

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Eh. Fine. I could use a good nap anyway.

I will need a few seconds (two rounds) to prepare, but I can help your flock be better fighters temporarily. We should set one or more of them as lookouts to give us warning when the wyverns are coming.

Herald will cast Bless and Magic Weapon prior to battle.

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Nan looks over at the wooden plank bridge, then at Mort's Alchemist Fire, then down at her lantern oil. With a grin she says "We could always cook 'em. Move the beggars to the far end of the place, lay a bunch of the wood down in the front half o' the room and coat it in some lantern oil. Once they start coming in just toss one o' those Alchemist Fires and watch 'em burn." Nan grins mischievously, clearly proud of her idea.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo latches on to Nan's plan. "How long can we get that burning for? I could stun them when they're caught in our trap! Or, if we can group them together, I can stun all of them at once!"

This might be time to break out the dirtiest of all spells: Color Spray.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort raises an eyebrow at all the cockamayme ideas about walls of fire and stunning "I'm not sure what you guys are planning, but how about you guys plan it and I'll stay back here with the Almsman with Dorthaya to give them something to think about while you guys figure out what to do with... that." He waves his arm around between Nan and Barbo and the wood.

He pauses and looks around "What happened to Lara? We sure could use her bow here. Its the best way to deal with those long ass spears. Staying away!"

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | Portrait

Lara pokes her head in from around the corner. "I stepped out when someone suggested keeping a look out for them. I'll let you know when they're coming and fall back, if you want to spring this fire trap of yours."


Prince of Augustana

Looks like you have several semblances of a plan, let me know what you all decide and place yourselves on the map. If you decide to add wood, feel free to mark the squares with it. You should have enough wood for a 10 x 10 square.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo points towards the door. "There's only one entrance. Why don't we pile the wood there?"

Barbo helps move the wood then stands around the corner.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

I've placed Herald on one of the beds. He is still planning on casting Bless, then Magic Weapon, then playing possum.

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

Nan douses the wooden plank in some of her lantern's oil, winking at Barbo. "Looks like grilled Wyvern'll be on Old Nan's menu tonight eh?"

After finishing her work she posts herself near the middle of the room, ready to smash anyone who comes through the door.


Prince of Augustana

Lara quickly, but discretely, steps back into the sanctuary and closes the door. Everyone falls to a hush as she points in the direction of the hallway and holds up five fingers. Several moments pass when suddenly laughter and footsteps can be heard approaching from the west. A voice calls out “Almsman! What say you? Are you resisting or giving us what we want? I hope you’re resistiiiiiiing!”

The group outside becomes silent as they huddle around the door. The same voice starts counting. "1... 2... 3!" and the doors come off the hinges in pieces. "What's it going to be, Almsman?" says a devilishly handsome man with a twisted smile and cruel eyes. He eyes up the newcomers for a moment. "Looks like you lot are in the wrong place at the wrong time! 5 more gold pieces for each of you!"
________
Last minute preparation can easily be done during the moments Lara has provided you all with. I will give you a chance to respond before the Almsman does.

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Human Cleric/1 (HP 5/8 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | F:+2 R:+1 W:+5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init:+1 | Perc:+4 Normal | Move:30ft) | Mwk Morningstar +3 (1d8+2/20x2) | CPE DC14 6/6 HotA 4/6 VoM 6/6
Skills:
Acro -2 Appr +0 Bluff +1 Climb -1 Diplo +3 Escape Artist -2 Fly -2 Heal +3 Intim +3 Knowledge (Hist) +5 (Planes) +5 Perc +4 Ride -2 SM +3 SC +4 Stealth -2 Surv +3 Swim -1

Herald discreetly casts Bless, and then Magic Weapon on Nan's frying pan, then huddles on a bed covered by a blanket to disguise his arms and armor with a half-closed eye on the door.

+1 to all allies on To Hit rolls and saves vs fear

Nan gets +1 To Hit and Damage

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | Portrait

Lara attempts to appear innocuous and nonthreatening as she waits for the fight to break out.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Here goes nothing.

Barbo tosses his last bottle of Alchemist Fire onto the wood.

DC 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Not sure what the wood will do, so I'll let you roll damage.

101 to 150 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Prince of Augustana Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.