Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Gallows of Madness - CORE

Game Master Thrawn007

Maps and Pics


551 to 600 of 609 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

After a 10 mile hike taking most of the day, you reach the location of the Sarini estate.

The rusted, badly bent iron gate to this walled estate is dirty and hangs ajar, creaking gently in the breeze. The lawn is overgrown, and a thick tangle of vines has crept up the walls of the opulent estate building. An abandoned stable occupies the southwest corner of the grounds, and to the east, more buildings lie partly hidden behind bushes and crooked trees.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad boldly heads straight through the front gate.

What could possibly go wrong? ;-)

Liberty's Edge

I just realized I didn't tell everyone that the map is up. (I was wondering why that didn't garner any posts. Nobody knew it's been there for several days!

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

last map I can see is tje kobold fort

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Heh. Well, I already said that I am boldly going in through the gate ;-)

Assuming that I don't immediately get jumped by a hostile, I will head to the building to the left...

Liberty's Edge

Spoiler:

Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Galahad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Helios: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Manus: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
bads: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

You begin heading to the building on the left of the gate, which looks
like the stables. And that is where you will get jumped. :)

Several small blue humanoids jump from nearby hiding spots to attack.


Conditions: None

ROUND 1
Bjorn
Galahad
Helios

Mites
Manus

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad adjusts his position, and tries to bisect a mite.

MW Cold Iron Horsechopper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios tries his best to do the same.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d12 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn hustles to join the melee.

Double moving.

Liberty's Edge

gm screen:

mite attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Galahad kills one of the blue creatures. Helios and Bjorn move to join the fight. double move in both cases. One blue creature moves into battle Provoke aoo from Galahad, while the closer one misses with its dagger.


Conditions: None

ROUND 1
Manus

ROUND 2
Bjorn
Galahad (Make an AoO too)
Helios

Mites
Manus

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad takes a swing as the creature closes in...

MW Cold Iron Horsechopper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage.

...and then takes another swing.

MW Cold Iron Horsechopper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Shouldn´t Helios get an AoO, too?
Helios attacks the blue one after taking a step back.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d12 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn smashes his blade into one of the mites.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Yes, you should have gotten an AoO too.

The mites all fall to a flurry of blades.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad nods in satisfaction, then, after wiping the blood from his weapon, moves to open the door on his original target - the outbuilding off to the side.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Wordlessly, Bjorn follows closely behind the eager paladin.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Thrawn, you still have my initiative as -1 instead of +9.

Manus follows the others along.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Taking a rag to remove the blood from the head of his Knockenknacker Helios follows the Paladin.

Liberty's Edge

Spoiler:

Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Galahad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Helios: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Manus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
bads: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Bones litter the bare stone floor of this stable. The reek of
decay hangs heavy in the air inside of the stable. There are obvious signs of purple sludge in the end stalls. You hear something in the end stalls as well.


ROUND 1
Manus
Bjorn
Helios

Bads
Galahad

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Manus moves up and peers inside the stables.

Perception, Low Light: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad bravely moves forward, ready to swing at whatever is living in here...

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Keeping his Knochenknacker at the ready Helios prepares to charge any emerging enemy.

Liberty's Edge

Nothing comes out of the barn. As Galahad moves forward, he is attacked by an ooze covered centipede And can swing back.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 The creature misses it's bite.

Everyone may act. There are no charge lanes since creatures are around corners.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad tries to put the vermin down.

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage.

MW Cold Iron Horsechopper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.

Liberty's Edge

Galahad manages to kill the first centipede. Everyone can hear a second in the far stall.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios charges forward to attack the centipede.
Charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 171d12 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Helios kills the second centipede with a single strike.

Out of combat.

You quickly find that the centipedes are guarding nests in the stalls, and a number of centipede eggs lie in the familiar purple goop.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad destroys the eggs (and goo), and then moves on to check out the other out-building on the other side of the compound.

Liberty's Edge

gm screen:

Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Galahad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Helios: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Manus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
mites: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
drochtac: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Drochtac: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19 vs ff for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Red Mite charge: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 0 + 2 = 15 vs ff for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Green Mite Dart: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 4 = 1 vs ff

After destroying the other eggs to prevent more from hatching, you head back out into the courtyard, from the bushes to the east, another wave of mites attacks, accompanied by some strange creature with seems like a many legged lizard-like creature with a demonic face.. They immediately attack. The strange creature bites Manus, followed by a mite's dagger, but the second mite is unable to connect with a dart. The saliva of the bite seems to seep in, having an almost chilling feeling. Fort save dc12 vs paralysis

nature dc 17:

The creature is a drochtac, which is a rare multilegged fey, with a demonic looking face. Over a dozen legs end in claws, and it has sharp fangs.


ROUND 1
Bjorn
Manus (5 dmg, dc12 fort save or paralyzed)
Galahad
Helios

ROUND 2
Wierd Monster
Mites
Bjorn (5 dmg)
Manus
Galahad
Helios

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad frowns, then moves around so that he has a clear shot at the 'fiend'.

MW Cold Iron Horsechopper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 damage.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn joins the paladin's attack. Poorly.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios swings his knochenknacker and bashes the multilegged beast.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d12 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Liberty's Edge

With the combined efforts, the beast is cut down. Combat over. The paralysis will wear off shortly, so save isn't consequential.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Right then :-)

Once the paralysis wears off on his ally, Galahad continues on his way to investigate the other outbuilding.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Manus will also ask Galahad to use his wand on him.

Wand CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Making the way to the other building on the east side, you can see it is likely a mausoleum based on the shape and trim. (Further description if you approach from the north side where the door is.) Just north of there, you can see an overgrown area that likely was a garden, with a gazebo in the middle of it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Deciding to leave the crypt until later, Galahad moves over to inspect the garden/gazebo.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

A GAZEBO. We have to attack it.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn follows the intrepid paladin.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Manus follows the rest of the group carefully.

Liberty's Edge

Spoiler:

Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Galahad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Helios: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Manus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

You spot a gigantic frog through the bushes. Everyone but Galahad reacts quickly enough to attack before it moves. (normal round, not surprise)

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios quickly dashes forward swinging his Knochenknacker.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d12 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Manus fires a Magic Missile from his wand at the frog.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn joins the party's attack against the monstrous frog.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Between the magic missile and the strikes from Helios and Bjorn, the frog is quickly brought down before it could even react. The way to both the gazebo to the north, and a building that looks like a mausoleum to the south are clear.

fort,helios: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
fort,bjorn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Both Helios and Bjorn seem to have come into contact with various poisonous plants, while charging through the overgrown garden, but the plants don't seem toxic enough to cause more than minor itching.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

"Well, it looks like we just have the estate left. I think I saw two entrances. Does anyone have a preference?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad nods to the two remaining structures.

"We should check those out, first."

Gazebo, then mausoleum?

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios gripps his Knochenknacker tighter and nods. Moving toward the great Gazebo.

Liberty's Edge

The gazebo looks like it has doubled as home to the now dead frog. The structure is study but old and worn, and now seems to have very little of interest.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Still...

Galahad gives the Gazebo a once-over...

Perception 'Take 10' = 20.

...before turning his attention to the mausoleum.

Again, assuming we aren't jumped by a tomb guardian...

Perception 'Take 10' = 20.

551 to 600 of 609 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thrawn's Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.