Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Gallows of Madness - CORE

Game Master Thrawn007

Maps and Pics


501 to 550 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

I'll allow the climb even though we are in combat, since it would boring to sit at the bottom for the rest of the adventure.

gm screen:

shortsword,invisible, flank, sneak attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 22 for 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (4) = 11
dogslicer, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bjorn's instincts prove to be very much correct as the goblin leaps at him when he rounds the corner, and another one steps in to stab him from behind. Both of them land their attacks, and it is all that Bjorn can do to keep on his feet after the massive bloodloss.


Conditions
Big Bad Gob(delayed)
Mold on bridge (special)

Initiative (Bold may post)
ROUND 5
Bani
Tanin

ROUND 6
Bjorn (19 dmg)
Bani
Manus
Tanin
Helios
Galahad

Goblin Rogue (purple)
Goblin Mooks (red)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad steps back, and takes a swing at Purple!

MW Cold Iron Glaive: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13, for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Badly wounded, Bjorn flies into a frothing rage before cleaving into one of the nasty gobbos.

Attack (rage): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 + 3 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Bjorn, do you want to go after the little goblin or the one that sneak attacked (and has class levels). It will still be standing after Galahad's attack (he missed), if that helps your decision.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn will go after a mook if that's clear. He's not still invisible, right? He's trying to eliminate the flank.

Liberty's Edge

Just checking, are we down to 2 posting now? SOOO close to the end.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

I am definitely still here, and keen to get this done! Hopefully, if necessary, we can recruit more players for Part 3 :-)

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios swings his Knochenknacker again on the goblin with the purple dimple.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d12 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

I'm still around, but I think it's going to take me 2 rounds to climb up the wall.

Liberty's Edge

Apologies. Biggest quarter ever at work, which meant ridiculous number of contracts going through last minute, so Friday through Monday was working all weekend. I didn't get to even check PbP for 4 days. Sorry I didn't give any notice or updates. Getting the sprint to the finale going here.

Galahad, Helios, and Bjorn smash 3 of the goblins, as Manus manages to climb up the rope and get to the top.

Everyone is able to hear a human sounding scream coming from a fence to the northwest, which seems to divide the village from a cave mouth in the side of the mountain. Area H11, which is divided by a fence and locked gate. Sounds of combat and goblin chatter come from the other side.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad charges forward, and attempts to force the gate open!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Manus moves up to join the warriors.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn retrieves his healing wand and retreats to have Bani use it on him.

Liberty's Edge

Strength check, attack, or disable device to open the gate

Now closer to the fence, and with some holes you can see through, you can see several goblins and a larger humanoid surrounding a human female that seems to have escaped from a cage at the edge of the cave. Several other prisoners are still in other cages.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad pulls out a crowbar, and tries to force his way inside.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22.

Liberty's Edge

The gate opens. Still at work, but I'll get initiative and the map updated

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Can we assume Bani is down to use Bjorn's wand on him?

Liberty's Edge

I'm good with that assumption.

gm screen:

Bani: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Galahad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Helios: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Manus: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Tanin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
goblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
hobgoblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
human: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

A hobgoblin and a number of goblins surround a human female, she seems to have got a weapon from somewhere, but they seem to be taunting her, not seeing her as a threat.

Initiative (bold may post)

ROUND 1
Manus
Hobgoblin
Helios
Bjorn
Tanin
Bani
Galahad
Goblins (delaying behind Galahad to group initiative better)
Human

Map updated

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Argh, my posts keep getting eaten.

Manus moves up and casts Color Spray on two of the goblins (Teal, Orange, DC 15).

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

will: 1d20 ⇒ 7
will: 1d20 ⇒ 6

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Both goblins collapse.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Are we out of combat?

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

I think there are still more enemys. Thrawn your hobgoblins are up!

Liberty's Edge

Sorry, been out sick, and not keeping up well on the games that didn't have a timer running.

The hobgoblin casts a spell at Manus. (Will save).

Initiative (bold may post)
ROUND 1
Helios
Bjorn
Tanin
Bani
Galahad

Goblins (delaying behind Galahad to group initiative better)
Human

ROUND 2
Manus
Hobgoblin
[/I]

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad smites the hobgoblin, and attacks!

MW Cold Iron Glaive: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19, for 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 damage.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios attacks with knochenknacker. attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d12 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Diviner) 3 | AC 13/17 T 13 FF 10/14 | HP 20/20 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn waits for his wounds to be healed.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

The hobgoblin gets cut down quickly, as manus is affected by momentary fear. The remaining goblins quickly flee having seen their leader cleaved down so quickly.

Investigating the rest of the camp...
-There are several prisoners, including the escaped woman, who is evidently a scout in the area.
-The wooden buildings include homes and storage buildings. You find some supplies but things are of limited value.
-The central building in the fort, which is the only stone building is a shrine of Lamashtu. This building is stocked full of jars and vials of the purple goo you've encountered many times.
-Some of the goblins and the hobgoblin had been infected, but not all of them were.

You can wrap up anything you want to do with the fort. The only opposition is some goblin dogs which are penned up and can't get to you to attack.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Helios will gladly smash and defile the shrine to Lamashtu.
Free all prisoners.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad joins Helios in destroying the shrine, and eliminating the purple goo, before helping the prisoners back to town, and looting the fort.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Bjorn finishes getting healed.

CLW x3: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Thrawn?

Liberty's Edge

Chronicles coming this weekend. (Had 3 games finishing roughly the same time. Then part 3 to launch on Monday.)

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Sounds good. Thanks for keeping things going Thrawne.

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

AWESOME!
Looking forward to continue!

Liberty's Edge

Been fighting with Comcast all day today, but looks like I have internet back up now.

Liberty's Edge

Although it’s covered in a layer of files and paperwork that indicate its official nature, this office is also eminently comfortable, with its plush carpet, velvet-lined oaken furniture, and ornate serving carts bearing colorful fruit and fine drinks. The soothing smell of sage and apple blossoms floats on a warm breeze wafting through the large, open picture window.

At the center of the room, behind a solid and polished wooden desk, sits Mayor Sandra Trinelli, her long fingers folded together in thought. Her face is solemn as she surveys her visitors. “Thank you for your quick attention to my request,” she begins, motioning to the oversized chairs in front of her. “As you can imagine, it involves a delicate task that promises results of great significance to our beleaguered population. Let me explain."

“The history of this town, I’m afraid, is written in blood. More than a century ago, the family that founded Saringallow committed heinous crimes against the hard-working folks who toiled on their behalf. When all was said and done, these nobles—the Sarinis—kidnapped and murdered many local children. They were hanged for their crimes, but the bodies of the youths were never found, and our families still suffer those tragic memories today. After all of these years, they’ve never had closure, and our town has never been the same."

“However, not long ago, while I was searching the town archives, I discovered a few old letters that seem to indicate that these evil nobles kept records of their victims and diabolical rituals. Finding these documents would go a long way toward healing the deep wounds the Sarinis inflicted on our poor people."

“Unfortunately, the evidence is presumably stored in the Sarinis old, walled estate, which is located some distance from Saringallow proper. Around here, superstitions regarding the Sarini family still run deep, and the good men and women of our town watch—bless their hearts—are reluctant to help. There’s no proof, however, that any of the rumors about the Sarini Estate are real, so I’d like to hire you help me solve this matter. Please, if you will, bring me any records of these terrible crimes that exist. Once you do, I believe our town will finally begin to heal. This will go a long way in building our town's relationship to the society, and perhaps remove enough mistrust of outsiders to allow your lodge to be approved.”

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad nods.

"Anything that can be done to help this town heal, and move on, seems like an excellent idea to me. I would be honoured to help deal with this den of evil, and to recover the records that you need!"

Liberty's Edge

"Any questions before you set out on your task? We have quite a bit of information available about the time period in question in the town hall’s archives. I suggest that you start there. Find my assistant, Lupia Marietti. She’s a kind woman and will help you with whatever you need."

After questions with the mayor, if you choose to use the archive, there is a mechanic that is a bit different. You tell Lupia topics you would like information on, and she goes and fetches documents from the archive. Basically a keyword search and Lupia is your google. This part is optional, but can give info that can help at the estate. This adventure is also different from the first 2 parts in that pretty much all of it will take place on one map.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad chews his lip thoughtfully.

"You mentioned 'diabolical rituals' - precisely what sort of things did they get up to? Also, can you give us any more information about the site we will be exploring...?"

Liberty's Edge

“If rumors, stories, and wives tails of the time are to be believed, they kidnapped and sacrificed people from the village. Lupia may be able to find more reliable information in the archives.”

“The Sarini estate is a large place, with two main stories and a basement, or so the old stories go, but we don’t have a map of the place in our archives. Given what horrors happened there, the townsfolk have always given the place a wide berth—no one here is greedy enough to covet the murder-tainted valuables that hated family might have owned. Some things are more important than gold, you know. The Sarinis and everything tied to them are a blot on our existence.”

“The estate is located about 10 miles from town, down a road almost no one travels except for foolhardy youths trying to prove themselves. Given its isolation, I would not be surprised if there weren’t a few dangers in or around the place. You’d do well to arm yourselves sufficiently before heading out.”

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

Galahad nods.

"Very well. It sounds like we need to talk with Lupia."

Information I want to know about: 1)Who the Sarinis were. 2)Any intel on the estate 3)Any Intel on the people who went 'missing'.

Liberty's Edge

The archives consist of thousands of documents, but thankfully, they are all meticulously labeled and indexed, and Lupia Marietti, the mayor’s assistant, can help the PCs find the right documents.

Lupita makes a comment outside of the documents about the estate, "This tragedy has had several generations to generate rumors, but they’re all nonsense, as far as I’m concerned. Some say the estate is haunted by the spirits of those murdered there; others say the estate has collapsed under its own weight, and still others believe diabolic powers still lurk within and plot against us. Given what the town suffered, can you blame them for projecting their fears into that hated place?"

----------------

The Sarinis - A family of chellish origin what once owned all of the surrounding lands in the area. Although they lived in the estate 10 miles away, they owned all the land the town of Sarini Hollow, which changed it's name to Sarini Gallows over a hundred years ago when the line ended with Marcius Sarini.

----------------

An invoice for construction materials reveals that the construction of the main estate building began in 4426 ar, and a later bill indicates that a wall was built around the grounds in 4600 ar.

Knowledge (engineering) or Profession (architect) DC 12:

You notice that the amount of construction materials ordered was too large for the wall’s size.

Linguistics or Perception DC 14:

You notice that the text has been tampered with to obscure some details.

----------------

Between the years 4600–4604 ar, many missing persons were reported.

Perception DC12:

You notice that the average age of the missing persons was 12–20, and many of them were female.
Spoiler:

Reports written by a watch captain of the time indicate that the bodies of a few missing people were found.

[spoiler=Knowledge (arcana, planes, or religion) DC12]
You notice details in the reports that suggest the persons were killed in witch or diabolist rituals.

[spoiler=Heal DC12]
You can deduce that in all cases, from the death descriptions listed, the cause of death was complete exsanguination as opposed to simple
blood loss.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

"Let's get on with it then", Bjorn adds after the paladin has asked his questions. "The sooner we finish with Lupia the sooner we can be on our way."

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Take 10 for Knowledge Engeneering and Perception for Know Eng. 14 and Perc 17
Helios looks at the Bill of Material and shakes his head."This is strange, they ordered more than should be necessary. And they tried to hide a few things. And then a lot of young women went missing!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3 (HP 25/25) (AC 20/11/19) (CMD 18) (Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4) (Init +1) (Perception +10)

"Right then. I guess we should be on our way!"

Assuming everyone has leveled-up, of course!

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

I hadn't thought to level. I'm a little worried we're out leveling the content. Is this portion of the module intended for level 3 characters?

Grand Lodge

male Human
Spoiler:
AC 18/T11FF16 HP 31/31 F+5 R+2 W+3 Init +5 Perception +7
Fighter 3

Yep

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Barbarian 3 [ HP 41/41 | AC 17 Tch 11 FF 16 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +5 | CMD 18 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

The best part of low level core is that leveling is super easy. All done.

501 to 550 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thrawn's Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.