Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Zinou's Cosmic Captive, PBP multi-table special [tier 5-6] (Inactive)

Game Master Zinou


351 to 400 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

Jorciel, you may take a full round of actions. However, you will be striking a random ring, since you haven't identified any of them yet. I'll still need to-hit rolls (and damage rolls) as well. Since you are delaying, you need to tell me exactly when you come in and do something -- probably by moving your token up and making the attack rolls!

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5
Celie wrote:
Celie will after someone else does that is.

I assume this means that Celia is delaying, and not attempting to identify the rings instead?

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Noticing that Jorciel is trying to strike at the rings, Celie speaks up. "Maybe we should try and figure out what they are... If no one else will head in. I'll go ahead. Celie moves in to try and identify the rings. Trying to stay clear of any danger that they might bring.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Same conditions as above. If someone tells me something specific to hack at, he will. Otherwise, random (he doesn't have many skills.)
    Also, I'm mostly AFK until Sunday. Bot as needed.

    When someone tells him or he's last:

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 for DMG: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
    ATK 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for DMG: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    ATK 2 confirm if possible: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for extra DMG: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Celia takes a good long look at the rings. Unfortunately, with their rapid spinning and twirling, she is not able to garner any clues as to their nature.

    Celie [51/51]: Investigating the rings
    Dunia [38/38]:
    Grag [45/45]:
    Jorciel [58/58]: Attacking rings ring number: 1d5 ⇒ 4
    Orophin [33/33]:
    Rallas [44/44]: Disabling ring #5

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
    Dunia is baffled by the intricacies of the warding circles, so she decides to follow Jorciel's lead.

    Lash: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Dunia takes a good long look at the rings, but fails to figure much out about them, then takes a hack at #ring number: 1d5 ⇒ 2 She strikes the red magic gemstone circle, but her ectoplasmic lash does only minimal damage! It is clear that these rings are very hard to damage!

    FYI - these are objects, so no critical hits, folks. In almost all ways, they are treated as objects, including the fact that they have hardness. Please, always state what your attack has on it... such as +1 longsword, +2 Adamantine Greataxe. Thanks!

    Celie [51/51]: Investigating the rings
    Dunia [38/38]: Attacking ring #2
    Grag [45/45]:
    Jorciel [58/58]: Attacking ring #4
    Orophin [33/33]:
    Rallas [44/44]: Disabling ring #5

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 38/38; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 5/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    Orophin will happily use wands for anyone.

    Singing quietly to himself, Orophin will approach the circles and try to puzzle out a riddle.

    If I may use guidance on myself as part of this, then add one to the below check

    UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    I had intended to be attacking the same one as Jorciel. We may not know what each one does, but we should still be able to attack the same target, correct?

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    Seeing his allies begin smashing, Grag follows suit. He attacks the same ring as Jorciel. +1 greataxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d12 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    By my reading of the scenario, attacks are random unless you have been able to identify them.

    Orophin will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
    Orophin fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    Orophin steps into the rings, and is immediately overwhelmed by fear. He is now shaken. The fear is so great that he cannot even breathe, but only for a moment, as his body throws off the stranglehold fear placed on it.

    Jorciel attacks his ring twice, but is not able to damage them at all, much like Dunai (Sorry, I was wrong, there is an additional affect that is making them much harder).

    Grag then attacks, intending to hit the 1d5 ⇒ 1 ring, and he is the first to actually make a dent in one the rings. But only a dent.

    Then there is a burst of energy from the chamber walls, and a pair of velociraptor-headed, brightly painted clay statue step out of the walls and lurch forward, hefting wickedly spiked maces.

    iniatives:

    creatures: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Celie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
    Dunia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Grag: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    Jorsiel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
    Orophin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
    Rallas: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

    Round 1:
    Party is up!
    kn:arcana to identify
    => Celie [51/51]:
    => Dunia [38/38]:
    => Grag [45/45]:
    => Jorciel [56/58]:
    => Orophin [33/33]: [SHAKEN!]
    => Rallas [44/44]:
    Blue Creature:
    Green Creature:

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 38/38; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 5/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    Orophin sings out a beautiful note, reminding everyone of the forces of light and life.

    Casts bless. +1 for everyone to hit, and +1 on future fear based saves. Would Jorciel's aura of courage have been close enough to help Orophin?

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

    Dunia stalks forward to flail at the statue, wrapping ectoplasm about her in a Shield as she does so.

    Ectoplasmic Lash @ Blue: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
    Extra Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4, HP 52/52, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +12, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +13, lowlight(+15 traps)

    Rallas darts toward the closest statue(blue) and in one fluid motion draws his blade and swings in a wide arc.

    attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 261d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 162d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11power attack and sneak added. debilitating injury is -2 to hit

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Please move your tokens on the map when you move!
    @Orophin, actually, yes, I guess you are close enough. However, you would still fail the save.
    @Dunai, it does help to state that you are using spiritual combat to cast and attack... sorry, not as familiar with your character as your regular GM. Good thing I checked!

    Dunai:
    These are graven guardians (medium constructs). Being made of stone, they ere resistant to all damage save from adamantine weapons, and have typical construct traits. They are also resistant to magic of all types (Spell Resistance)

    Orophin starts inspiring the group, and they are reminded of a place out in the sun.

    Dunai wraps herself in ectoplasm, and slashes at the statue. She hits it, but not critically so. Her lash is deflected partially when it hits its stony skin.

    Rallas then moves forward and attacks. His blade is also partially deflected, though he removes a large chunk from it.

    Round 1:
    Celie, Grag, and Jorciel are up
    Inspire Courage +1
    kn:arcana to identify
    => Celie [51/51]:
    x Dunia [38/38]: [SHIELD 50/50 rds]
    => Grag [45/45]:
    => Jorciel [56/58]:
    x Orophin [33/33]: [SHAKEN!] [INSPIRE]
    x Rallas [44/44]:
    Blue Creature: -29hp [-2 to hit]
    Green Creature:

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4, HP 52/52, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +12, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +13, lowlight(+15 traps)

    i forgot to say i am on my phone...couldn't move toke.

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    The map I see is only an empty room with us on the side, am I missing something? I'm using the slides ap from my phone. Did I miss a new link?
    Grag moves to the nearest of the strange creatures and swings his axe +1 axe: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 191d12 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Celie looks at these creatures. "Wish I studied more." but seeing Rallas do something interesting to the blue for, she decides to assist him. She glares at the blue foe with her evil eyes. 18 Will save. Fail = -2 to attacks. Succeed = -2 attack rolls... I'll be cackling so it will last for the rest of the battle. Celie will stay at least 20 feet way from either.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Grag moves up (see slide#16) and hits blue hard. His axe does deflect some but bites deep.

    Will blue dc18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    Jorciel moves up to attack red. He hits, but his blade deflects.
    Jorciel: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25 Sword: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

    1d3 ⇒ 3
    Blue attacks Grag, twice.
    Morningstar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
    Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Red attacks Jorciel.
    Morningstar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    Both swing ineffectively.

    Round 2
    Party is up
    Inspire Courage +1
    kn:arcana to identify
    => Celie [51/51]:
    => Dunia [38/38]: [SHIELD 50/50 rds]
    => Grag [45/45]:
    => Jorciel [56/58]:
    => Orophin [33/33]: [SHAKEN!] [INSPIRE]
    => Rallas [44/44]:
    Blue Creature: -46hp [-2 to hit]
    Green Creature: -8

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 38/38; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 5/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    Despite his appearances, Orophin is actually not a bard, he is an oracle, so the "inspire courage" is really a bless spell. So only +1 to hit, not to damage

    Slightly hampered by his armour, Orophin moves up to the red creature.

    I didn't move last turn, my mistake, but with his armour, Orophin can only just reach the creature this turn with a double move (avoiding AOO).

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4, HP 52/52, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +12, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +13, lowlight(+15 traps)

    Rallas brings his sword down with a vicious swing, aiming at a weak point in the creature's defenses.

    attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 111d10 + 7 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 + 1 = 24activating studied target and power attack. if it drops (unlikely...lol) Rallas will step into its spot

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Couldn't figure out which map we were using during my last turn. Celie would have moved where I just placed her. Do these things look alive? (I.E. not obviously mummies/skeletons/elementals or ghosts?) If so, Celie will do action A. If they do, Then Action B

    Action A:

    Celie looks at the green velociraptor-headed foe and smiles. "You shouldn't have done that. Now I am going to have to put you into time out." she says as her slumber hex creeps into his mind, causing him to droop his eyes. Will 18 or sleep

    Action B:

    Not liking dead things, Celie aims a new curse at the Blue foe, "You will not survive through out this day. We will take you down. as her misfortune curse seeps into his movements.18 Will or roll twice and take the lesser.

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    cleave, +1 great axe: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 141d12 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
    cleave, +1 great axe: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 141d12 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
    Grag swings his axe wildly, trying to hit both targets. Though it seems he was just a little slow to hit.

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Careful, de skin is as tough as you t'ink, but dey ain' too easy to get wit' spells either! An' no Celie, dey ain' alive.

    Dunia tries to put the injured Guardian down for good.

    Ectoplasmic Lash: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
    Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


    "Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

    ★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

    Sorrina Westyr’s image appears, her hair windblown and a look of wonder on her face. “The Society's discoveries have weakened the prison of the powerful being sealed within Aucturn's Tear,” she pauses, studying a flotilla of crystal balls that hover around her. “Our divinations indicate that it’s now offering a fraction of its power to our forces!”

    Behind Sorrina, a small army of Pathfinder mages are studying the floating globes. Then one of them whispers in Drandle Dreng’s ear. Abruptly, Drandle hurries to the forefront, his shaggy head appearing in the center of the Divination window. "ACG Warriors, make a run for it!" Hands gesticulating wildly, he shouts, “NOW!”

    Table GMs, the Thunderous Aid condition is now in effect. ACG Tables, you may make a run for it.

    We have 78/150 clues!

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5
    Thunderous Aid wrote:

    Thunderous Aid: Ranginori has sensed his saviors are near and attempts to grant them his power and wisdom. During combat, a PC adjacent to the puzzle orb can attempt an Average Diplomacy check, Average Spellcraft check, or Easy Use Magic Device check to direct the Duke of Thunder’s wrath. If successful, a PC can cast one of the following spells as a spell-like ability, using her character level as her caster level and either her own Charisma or 20 to determine the spell’s save DC. She can use any of the spells listed in her own subtier or in a lower subtier. This ability can only be used once per combat, and any summoned elemental disappears at the end of the combat.

    Subtier 1–2: cure light wounds, shocking grasp, summon nature’s ally II (air elemental only)
    Subtier 3–4: cat’s grace, cure moderate wounds
    Subtier 5–6: cure serious wounds, lightning bolt, summon nature’s ally IV (air elemental only)
    Between combats, Ranginori can impart his insights to one PC attempting a skill check to help free him. The group must decide which PC gains this bonus before she attempts a skill check, reducing the check’s DC by one step (e.g. from Average to Easy)

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    While Orophin moves to get next to a statue, Rallas attempts to attack one, but misses.

    Celie, the description has them as statues.
    Dunia, please don't reply in character to an OOC remark!

    Celie looks funny at blue, (I assume this is misfortune? Please be explicit with abilities!)

    Grag then swings, wildly, missing badly, twice!

    Dunia then lashes at blue, destroying it!

    Red then steps forwards, and attacks what is clearly the most dangerous target, Dunia! The first swing flares with an unearthly glow as it contacts the woman. She starts bleeding profusely after the weapon strikes her. You also do notice its wounds are healing.
    morningstar AC25: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 P/B: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (2) = 15 Bleed 2
    morningstar AC25: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Round 3
    Party is up
    Bless +1
    kn:arcana to identify
    => Celie [51/51]:
    => Dunia [21/38]: [SHIELD 49/50 rds, BLEED 2 (has been applied)]
    => Grag [45/45]:
    => Jorciel [56/58]: [GO TWICE]
    => Orophin [33/33]: [SHAKEN!]
    => Rallas [44/44]:
    Blue Creature: -61hp [-2 to hit]
    Green Creature: -4

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4, HP 52/52, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +12, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +13, lowlight(+15 traps)

    Rallas switches his focus on the remaining statue. He lashes out with his blade towards the statue's middle.

    Press on! We have the advantage!

    attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 291d10 + 7 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 6 + 1 = 23 power attack and studied target as a move to switch

    edit...crit roll just in case they can be critted...knowong my luck no...lol crit: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 281d10 + 7 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 1 = 16

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Seeing the Blue one fall, Celie turns to the Green one. "You're next on the list." she says as her hex seeps into him. Misfortune Hex, DC 18

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Dunia steps back a pace to allow more Pathfinders to crush this foe, flicking out her lash, now glowing a dull red once more.

    Lash: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17 Spiritual Combating Brand for no effect except another 'Spellstrike' unless these are oddly Fort. susceptible Constructs
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
    Lash: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 38/38; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 5/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    Orophin steps up to the gap and swings his magical morningstar!

    attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    damage(magic,blunt,silver): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    And as he swings, he sings.

    "Come, all ye finders
    Wizards and pact binders,
    Swingers of sword and spells
    and foes of hell.
    "

    The energy he puts into the singing would perhaps have been better placed into his swinging as the morning star smashes into the nearby wall generating sparks.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • I'm back! Sorry, I was more incommunicado than expected. The map and the prose don't seem to line up 100% I'm here to post, just confirming what the enemy situation in.

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    Grag shoves his axe into the remaining creature. +1 great axe: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 = 281d12 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 smiling at his work.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    @Jorciel, they seem in line to me... except I used green instead of red in the description.

    Rallas lands a mighty blow on the red creature, tearing a large rent into the statue's body. Celie gives an evil glare at Red, while Dunai lashes out twice, missing twice. Grag then nails the thing with his axe!

    Red Will DC18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 fail

    Round 3
    Jorciel is up
    Bless +1
    kn:arcana to identify
    x Celie [51/51]:
    x Dunia [21/38]: [SHIELD 49/50 rds, BLEED 2 (has been applied)]
    x Grag [45/45]:
    => Jorciel [56/58]: [GO TWICE]
    x Orophin [33/33]: [SHAKEN!]
    x Rallas [44/44]:
    Red Creature: -53 [MISFORTUNE]

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Color was the thing. On it!

    Jorciel crosses in front of his teammates, prepared for the incoming attack. He swings Daybringer low ATK: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 for DMG if hit: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    The paladin stays the course, swinging without fear or worry:
    ATK: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 for DMG if hit: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    ATK: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for DMG if hit: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Jorciel moves in to attack (I cannot see a route that would not get an AOO with a 20' move), and takes a hit from the statue. Again, the morningstar glows with an eerie gloom, and Jorciel take a heinous wound.
    AOO vs AC27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28(misfortune): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (6) = 18

    Jorceil then swings wide of the stature, missing. He takes a moment, and refocuses his attacks, striking the creature, once, then twice, which is enough to drop it.

    Take two rounds of healing and one round to solve puzzle/break rings. The order of these can be intermixed, though each person may only make one check on the rings/puzzle. Also note that two characters are bleeding. I have also ticked down the spell durations.
    Celie [51/51]:
    Dunia [21/38]: [SHIELD 44/50 rds, BLEED 2 (NOT applied)]
    Grag [45/45]:
    Jorciel [28/58]: [BLEED 2 (NOT applied)]
    Orophin [33/33]: [BLESS: 44/50 rounds)
    Rallas [44/44]:

    Also note Thunderous Aid. As only one person can get the benefit, you tell me who that is, and which check it is being used on

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • I built the impending AoO into the prose of the post, I was ready.

    The paladin, as soon as possible channels the healing power of Iomedae

    Good guys get 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7 and bleed stops. The paladin swiftly heals his a bit more 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Coolio!
    Jorciel calls upon the power of The Successor to heal the party, and additionally to heal himself more. (running himself out of this ability.) All are healed and the bleeding stops.

    Post Combat Round 1:
    Celie [51/51]:
    Dunia [28/38]: [SHIELD 46/50 rds]
    Grag [45/45]:
    Jorciel [48/58]: [CHANNEL + LoH (rd 1)]
    Orophin [33/33]: [BLESS: 46/50 rounds)
    Rallas [44/44]:

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Dunia finishes healing herself, and holds out a different wand to Celie. If you got a moment, Grag 'n me could get some help out o' dis Wand of Enlarge Person
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    After this she begins trying to solve the Puzzle Orb, since the circles have proved quite strong against brute force.

    Knowledge (Planes) (Speaks Terran): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    Grag happily waves around Dunia's wand and smiles as she grows to the size of a giant.
    He then begins pounding his chest, Gorum, strengthen this armor, let the enemies blows crash upon it. His armor begins to shimmer and almost pulsate with near invisible waves. Shield of Faith

    His prep work done, Grag steps forward and slams his axe down in to a ring once more. +1 great axe: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 261d12 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Note: I should have mentioned that Rallas did succeed at disabling a ring last time. But, he could (and should?) try again this round. Also, no one has successfully tried to identify the rings -- this is a knowledge arcana or planes check.

    The group notices that the ring that Grag smashed last time has started healing. Celie and Dunai is pretty sure that is an effect of at least one of the rings.

    Grag attempts to smash a ring. He hits one, but fails to do any damage. It is clear that something is enhancing the strength of the rings.

    Dunai wills save, +4 courage: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 4 = 30
    Dunai attempts to study the puzzle, but it is clear that something, possibly one of the rings, is obscuring here ability to make sense of things. Additionally, she is hit with a mind-numbing fear, but shakes it off, partially with the help of Jorciel's aura. She is pretty sure this fear is also coming from a ring.

    Post Combat Rounds:
    Celie [51/51]: [HEAL, HEAL, SOLVE (rd3)]
    Dunia [28/38]: [SHIELD 44/50 rds]
    Grag [45/45]: [ACTIVATE WAND, SMASH (rd2)]1d5 ⇒ 2
    Jorciel [48/58]: [CHANNEL + LoH (rd 1)]
    Orophin [33/33]: [BLESS: 44/50 rounds)
    Rallas [44/44]:

    strong suggestion -- try identifying the rings, and use Ragathiel's aid to do so!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4, HP 52/52, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +12, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +13, lowlight(+15 traps)

    Rallas sheathes his blade and gets back to examining the rings. He gets his tools out and works on the outermost ring.

    disable: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    It's odd, I have no ranks in K.A.... Good luck someone else.

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    He mentioned Planes could work

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Celie takes another look at the rings.

    Knowledge P.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

    Didn't see the planes part.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    Is Celine using Thunderous Aid?

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    She can either cast Cat's Grace on someone or summon a type 2 air elemental. Which one would be more beneficiary? I think the summons.

    She will use it.

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 7 HP: 52/52 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 21 (23 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +7 |

    I vote yes because she is our best bet.

    this part wrote:
    Between combats, Ranginori can impart his insights to one PC attempting a skill check to help free him. The group must decide which PC gains this bonus before she attempts a skill check, reducing the check’s DC by one step (e.g. from Average to Easy)

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21(25), T 13, FF 19(23) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +12 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 4/4

    Seconded

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar | Infernal Vault Tactical and Handouts GM 5

    We are not in combat. See the "between combat" part!

    Thunderous Aid wrote:
    Between combats, Ranginori can impart his insights to one PC attempting a skill check to help free him. The group must decide which PC gains this bonus before she attempts a skill check, reducing the check’s DC by one step (e.g. from Average to Easy)

    I will assume she does do this...

    Note: Celie technically didn't have a second check here... so I am ruling that she took 1: Oropin, 2: Jorciel: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Jorciel's on the rings. This is a one time thing... but you really need the help.

    Rallas disables ring 1d5 ⇒ 2. This does 100% of the ring's HP in damage, because he rolled so well! It is destroyed!

    With the divine aid of the Duke of Thunder, Celie is able to figure out all of the rings! You may now target them individually

    Yellow is Distortion, which obscures the puzzle itself, making it 20% more difficult to solve!

    Red is Earth, which provides the guardians a profane bonus on attack and damage, as well as giving them extra temporary HP (apparently I forgot this last fight). This is the one that Rallas disables! (I'll be using the effect for the next fight, just to balance)

    Green is Fear, which is what caused Orophin to be frightened.

    The two blues are Warding. These both add 50% each to the hardness of each other ring, and cause the rings to heal themselves after each combat.

    Post Combat Rounds:
    Celie [51/51]: done
    Dunia [28/38]: [SHIELD 44/50 rds] done
    Grag [45/45]: Can heal once
    Jorciel [48/58]: 1 heal
    Orophin [33/33]: [BLESS: 44/50 rounds] 2 heals/buffs and a solve
    Rallas [44/44]: [Disable] 2 heals/buffs left!

    Grag, Jociel, Orophin, Rallas, please post your remaining actions in your next post. If you do nothing by 1300, CDT, I will assume you are doing nothing, and move on. Also. make sure your tokens are where you want to be!

    351 to 400 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zinou's Cosmic Captive, PBP multi-table special [tier 5-6] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.