Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Zinou's Cosmic Captive, PBP multi-table special [tier 5-6]

Game Master Zinou

| Maps and Handouts |


101 to 150 of 456 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Maps: Cosmic Captive

@Rallas: Yes, there are three descents. A 15 isn't enough to climb down. So there you're looking at the third one and need to make one final climb check.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Dark Archive

Maps: Cosmic Captive

Rallas tries to climb down but doesn't succeed (DC is 20).

PARTY STATUS:
Second descent: Celie [51/51, flying]. Needs to make two ref saves.
Third descent: Rallas [44/44], Orophin [23/33]. Need to make a climb check DC 20 and a ref save DC 17.
Arrived down the crater: Dunia [31/38], Grag [26/45], Jorciel [55/58].

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

Dunia will heal herself up at the bottom.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

Rallas tries to climb down again.

climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

"Friends, as we are all injured, rather than expending your wands, I can heal us all quite easily."

Orophin will again tie a rope and climb down.
DC to climb down a rope is normally 5 or 10
climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

At the bottom of the cliff, Orophin pauses to assess his batterd condition and that of his companions. Reaching out, he borrows small bits of life from the blastered crater. Here a bit of an elemental. There some insects that have survived. Borrowing the energy, he pulls it into himself, and then releases it outward again, bathing the team in life restoring forces.

channel at the bottom : 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 1 = 7

"Alas, the forces of life are weak in this spot." he bemoans.

Grand Lodge

WarP 6 HP: 45/45 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 20 (22 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +6 |

Grag draws his wand once more,
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

His bruises fading and wounds closing, Grag smiles again. Hopefuly our greatest foe is not a climb down.

Dark Archive

Maps: Cosmic Captive

Eventually, Orophin ties another rope and both him and Rallas get down, however not managing to dodge the rocks thrown.

Rock DMG Rallas: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Rock DMG Orophin: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Down there, the party continues to heal up, waiting for Celie.

PARTY STATUS:
Celie [51/51, flying] needs to make two ref saves to get down.
Arrived down the crater: Rallas [43/44], Orophin [22/33], Dunia [38/38], Grag [45/45], Jorciel [58/58].


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr urgently projects her image to speak to every Pathfinder, and appears to be holding tightly to a steel ring near an alien device. “Everyone, brace yourselves. We have finished repairs of a strange craft on the bright side of the asteroid, and the engines will fire shortly, hopefully causing this rock to spin and even out the extreme temperatures. This may get a bit bumpy though in three…two…one... Hold on!”

A sudden jolt shakes the entire asteroid, sending anything unsecured reeling as the stars begin to spin overhead.

Table GMs, the Engines benefit is now in play. Vroooooom!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

Hope dey know what dey doin'. You ain' careful you c'n kill a town wit' an engine dat big.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • "What in the Seven Heavens was that?! We must move faster. If that was portends weal, we must press the advantage. If it presages woe, we must bring the fight to our enemies."

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    "Not natural for sure!" sighs Orophin, who uses a trickle of his own powers to heal himself further.
    CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Hearing the voice, Celie jumps up and moves to help those who are having trouble getting down.


    "Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

    ★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

    Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

    “Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

    The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    Rallas dusts himself off and checks the minor wound on his head. He coils up his rope and gets ready to head out.

    We must hurry....we can't let the Society down. Let's go.

    Grand Lodge

    I.AM.GM.ZINOU.S.TOOL

    @Celie: We were waiting on you to make these two saves... I'll bot you, then.

    *Click wirrrr 1010000. Bot Buddy activates!*

    Celie comes back down and sees that all of her mates arrived down the crater and heal up, waiting for her. She flies down to join them. She dodges one rock but takes the other one in her face.

    Ref: 2d20 ⇒ (15, 11) = 26

    Rock2 DMG Celie: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    PARTY STATUS:
    Rallas [43/44], Orophin [32/33], Dunia [38/38], Grag [45/45], Jorciel [58/58], Celie [45/51].

    First encounter succeeded! Celie can heal up retroactively if she wants to, of course. :)

    ------------------------------

    The terrain smooths out and contains paths fit for travel at the crater’s bottom. Uneven trails converge toward a vast unnatural cavern entrance hollowed out of the basin. Signs of once-impenetrable defenses litter the area, battered and toppled as if broken down from within.

    Map updated. The path goes down.

    Arrived there, you see two creatures that animate and rush towards you. There's a larger version of the elemental you fought earlier and a ugly troll that runs towards you!

    Sense Motive DC 17:

    You think that the troll running towards you is somehow under a compulsion to fight.

    Knowledge (arcana or planes) DC 17:

    You see and immediately identify a set of runes on the combatants and understand that the troll is somehow compelled to obey the elemental's order.

    Dem rollz:

    Dunia: Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Celie: Init: 1d20 ⇒ 6
    Jorciel: Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
    Rallas: Init: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
    Orophin Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
    Grag: Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    EE: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    RT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    ROUND ONE - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Rallas, Dunia, Orophin, Grag and Jorciel are up to act!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Rallas [43/44] : ?
    Dunia [37/38] : ?
    Orophin [32/33] : ?
    Grag [45/45] : ?
    Jorciel [58/58] : ?

    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------
    Celie [45/51] : ?
    ----------------------

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    know(planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

    "My oh my! Look at those runes! the Troll is under a compulsion to aid the elemental. Perhaps if we focus on the earth creature we may free it, and it might leave us in peace."

    His voice takes on a sharp note as a Glaive appears near the elemental, floating in the air and bashing away at it .

    spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
    force damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    sense untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Rallas darts forward and swings his sword at the troll in a low arc, trying to chop off a leg in one swing.

    [ooc]using power attack...debilitating injuru from sneak will be -2 to hit [/dice]

    attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 121d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 = 232d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

    How high are the switchbacks?

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Celie heals up after the rock hit her.. Not liking this new rock and roll style.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2,CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    SM: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    K.P: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
    Looking at the troll as well. "It might be under compulsion, but it will still hurt.

    Looking at the troll, Celie feels pitty. "Go to sleep little man." Will 18

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 6 HP: 45/45 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 20 (22 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +6 |

    sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    You might be right about that troll. He doesn't look like he wants to fight.

    As he says this Grag moves over to the edge of the cliff, hefts his axe, and gets ready to jump down.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • "Then let us take the fight to it!" Jorciel moves up and prepares to engage.


    "Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

    ★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

    “More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    @Dunia: as much as they are in length. 5 or 10 feet depending where you jump.

    @Celie: Please, refrain from posting when you're not up to act. Thank you.

    @Rallas: Please, move yourself on the map. You can't reach the troll in one move.

    Jorciel moves towards the ledge while Orophin summons a weapon made of force to attack the earth elemental. It catches it in surprise and wounds it.

    ROUND ONE - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Rallas and Dunia are still up to act!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Rallas [43/44] : ?
    Dunia [37/38] : ?

    Orophin [32/33] : Summons a weapon of force!
    Grag [45/45] : Moves!
    Jorciel [58/58] : Moves!
    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@6]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------
    Celie [45/51] : ?
    ----------------------

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    my mistake....counted squares wrong...on phone....cant move token...can sk.eone move me one square ahead of Orophin so i can get base to base naxt round? thanks!

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    20' move ahead? Done

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

    Dunia scowls, Fine, see if he don' wanna fight, but I ain' never met a troll didn' deserve de burns we gave 'm

    Double move up near Grag

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    "He'll fight, but if we could break the control... maybe he would fight the elemental, or at least go in search of others like it which have held him in thrall."

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    @Everyone: If you can't move your mini because you're on the phone, you can ask for someone to move it for you. I have no problem with that :)

    Dunia and Rallas both move towards the threat.

    Meanwhile, the slow elemental and his acolyte eventually animate. The troll moves 10' towards Rallas and throws him a claw. He misses, however.

    RT vs Rallas |20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

    On the other side, the elemental closes with Jorciel who is up the hill and attacks him from where he is. His blow connects.

    RT vs Rallas |27: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
    for Slam: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 1) + 16 = 19

    Celie curses the troll but it shakes it off.

    Save will RT |18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

    ROUND TWO - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Orophin, Grag, Jorciel, Rallas and Dunia are up to act!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Rallas [43/44] : ?
    Dunia [37/38] : ?
    Orophin [32/33] : ?
    Grag [45/45] : ?
    Jorciel [39/58] : ?

    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@6]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------
    Celie [45/51] : curses the rock troll!
    ----------------------

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

    Dunia shifts back from the elemental and thickens the ectoplasm that shields her with a thought before she strikes out at the stony tyrant. Shield

    Ectoplasmic Lash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    The spiritual glaive continues to hack away at the elemental.
    spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Meanwhile Orophin himself opens his senses to the asteroid. He fells the pull of the trolls lifeforce, and the forces that oppress it. With a delicate twist of the trolls life force he thinks he may be able to free it.

    "I must get closer alas if I am to try and free it." he sighs.

    casts protection from evil, and slowly advances toward the troll.

    Orophin is holding the charge on the protection from evil, and moving into its reach, but not giving up an AOO. Plan is next round to 5' step up and deliver the protection from evil onto the troll, which should give it another save against the mental control exerted over it.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    Follow me, Orophin...I will draw the attack to let you get closer.

    advancing and going full defense to draw the AoO..not attacking to give Orophin's plan a chance to work

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 6 HP: 45/45 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 20 (22 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +6 |

    Grag charges forward jumping off the cliff and slamming his axe into elemental. Axe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 181d12 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
    acrobatics to land well: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (7) - 6 = 1

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    If we can time it for the same round, then Orophin will advance all the way up to the troll and try and touch it
    touch?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Jorciel Uses the height of the ridge to his advantage, swinging down at the elemental:

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20 For DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 MISS

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    Dunia misses her blow and Orophin's spiritual weapon as well. Rallas defends himself and triggers an attack from the rock troll but he misses.

    Meanwhile, profiting from the opening, Orophin touches the rock troll to discharge his spell and... nothing happens.

    As I read it, there's no way to disrupt this link... The only way would be to kill the elemental, as you pointed out earlier. :)

    Grag jumps down the little cliff and, aided by the low gravity, as no trouble to land on his feet, despite his poor agility. The elemental's tough hide blocks his blow, though.

    Jorciel's blade finds the same fate.

    The elemental continues to attack Jorciel with two attacks, though. His powerful blows connect only once.

    And the rock troll continues to attack Rallas with bite and claws, stepping back! He manages to land only a claw on the elf.

    Dem dice:

    RTAoO vs Rallas |24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

    EEs1 vs Jorciel |27: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

    EEs2 vs Jorciel |27: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
    for Slam: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 6) + 16 = 28

    RTb vs Rallas |24: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

    RTc1 vs Rallas |24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
    for Claw: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

    RTc2 vs Rallas |24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

    ROUND THREE - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Everyone's up to act!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Celie [45/51] : ?
    Rallas [31/44] : ?
    Dunia [37/38] : ?
    Orophin [32/33] : ?
    Grag [45/45] : ?
    Jorciel [11/58] : ?

    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@6]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Jorciel grits his teeth, and lets the power of Iomedae flow through him. He swiftly closes some of his wounds while taking another harder swing at the creature before backing up.1d20 ⇒ 18

    1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    LoH: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) = 9

    Scarab Sages

    Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21 (25) (23), T 13 (11), FF 19 (23) (22) | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +11 | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5, level 2 3/3

    Knowledge (Planes) for the Elemental: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Mainly trying to determine the type of control it's using since that seems atypical

    So it isn't normal mind control, what is this?

    Out of position to safely cast her spells, Dunia advances into Jorciel's space and hauls off to crack the earthy evil before her a good one.

    Lash: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
    Magic Slashing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

    Grand Lodge

    WarP 6 HP: 45/45 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | Fort +10 | Ref +6 | Will +11| CMD 20 (22 vs overrun)| Initiative +7 | Perception +6 |

    Grag grunts tapping into his fervor for battle and invoking the favor of Gorum. Divine favor
    Thus invigorated Grag attempts once more to plant his axe in the elemental's side.
    axe: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 3 = 191d12 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 3 = 18

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    The spiritual glaive continues to hack ineffectively at the elemental.
    attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

    Orophin meanwhile steps back from the troll and starts to work his way around the side of it to either provide flanking for Rallas or get closer to the elemental.

    Withdraw action to avoid AOO

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    Celie glares at the Rock Troll, Cursing it with the evil eye. DC 18 will, aiming for saves.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    Realizing the troll is being controllrd, Rallas takes Orophin's lead and withdraws, but assuming a defensiveposture if attacked.

    withdrawing to beside Orophin and going full defense...someone please move my toke....ty

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Assimar(musetouched) HP 30/33; Reroll @+3 1/1; Channels available 3/7; Energy body available 3/3 Oracle-5 AC19 (T:11; FF18); Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4; Perc +0; Init +1;

    Moved. I don't think you can fight defensively or use total defence if you withdraw, as they are each a standard action in and of themselves. (or are combined with an attack)

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 3, HP 44/44, AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +6, R +11, W +5, Initi. +10, CMD 18, Perception +12, lowlight(+13 traps)

    dang it....yeah...will just withdraw then....

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    @Jorciel: Does the first roll of dice stand for an attack? You'd have the possibility to make both attacks, lay on hands and then a 5' step back. I'll apply the modifiers from your second attack to that first lonely roll.
    @Rallas: Indeed, as Orophin wrote, total defense is a standard action and withdrawing is a full-round action. Withdraw it is, then. :)

    Jorciel hits the elemental twice and steps back to close some of his wounds. When he hits the elemental, he feels some resistance as if he were not able to wound the creature as much as he normally would.

    Dunia can't manage to understand the nature of the control used by the elemental but hits it squarely with her lash and feels the same resistance than her companion.

    Grag's axe rips once again against the though skin of the creature. Meanwhile, Orophin's spiritual weapon misses its blow as well. The aasimar and Rallas both withdraw from the troll's reach while Celie curses it successfully!

    The elemental steps back and, his target gone, focuses his efforts on the half-orc before him. He lands both hits, the half-orc falls on the ground, bleeding.

    The troll steps closer from the retreating foes and tries to bite one and claw another.

    Dem dice:

    DMG Jorciel vs EE: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Save will RT |18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    EEs1 vs Grag |17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
    for Slam: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 6) + 16 = 24

    EEs2 vs Grag |17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
    for Slam: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 5) + 16 = 26

    RTb vs Orophin |19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
    for Bite: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    RTc1 vs Rallas |20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
    for Claw: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    RTc2 vs Rallas |20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

    ROUND FOUR - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Everyone's up to act!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Celie [45/51] : ?
    Rallas [17/44] : ?
    Dunia [37/38] : ?
    Orophin [18/33] : ?
    Grag [-5/45, divine favor] : NEEDS TO STABILIZE
    Jorciel [20/58] : ?

    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@26, -2 saves]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Huh, not sure what happened. Those were supposed to be two attacks. The 1st attack would have hit a 29 for 12 damage, and the second attack would have missed... Thank you sir!

    Jorciel moves away from the monster. It seems odd for the paladin at first, but with Grag out of range to touch the paladin reaches deep to channel his holy power. Should get the 4 Pathfinders to the north, and no enemies.

    Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

    Silver Crusade

    Male Aasimar Paladin 6 (HP: 48/58), Init: +1, AC: 27 T: 12, FF: 26, Perception +5 (Darkvision), F: +910, R: +6, W: +10, CMB: +9, CMD: 21
    Per Diem:
  • Daylight 1/1 (CL 5)
  • Beneficient Touch 1/1
  • Smite Evil 2/2
  • Lay on Hands 0/6 (3d6)
  • Demonbane: 1/Scenario
  • Cosmic Captive Consumables: Air Crystal, Air Crystal, Endure Elements Potion, Snap Leaf
  • Grag should be conscious at 5 HP.

    Dark Archive

    Maps: Cosmic Captive

    @Jorciel: no problem, sir :)

    Jorciel unleashes holy energy that closes some of his and his companions' wounds.

    ROUND FOUR - Earth Guardians - Fight! - Everyone's up to act except Jorciel!
    Conditions: Low gravity
    Buffs: None.

    ----------------------
    Celie [51/51] : ?
    Rallas [17/44] : ?
    Dunia [38/38] : ?
    Orophin [18/33] : ?
    Grag [5/45, divine favor, prone] : ?

    Jorciel [30/58] : Channels to heal!
    ----------------------
    LARGE EARTH ELEMENTAL! [Red@26, -2 saves]
    ----------------------
    TROLL! [Green@]
    ----------------------

    Sovereign Court

    Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

    my previous hex was at the rock troll, not the elemental.

    Celine smiles as her hex takes effect on the troll, she tisks. "You'll have nothing but misfortune all day." will 18, effects roll twice and take the lower she then cackles, keeping the current hex going.

    101 to 150 of 456 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zinou's Cosmic Captive, PBP multi-table special [tier 5-6] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.