Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Zimmer's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master zimmerwald1915

The king is dead! In the Varisian port city of Korvosa, the death of a monarch leads to chaos. It's up to a band of bold adventurers to stop the spread of tyranny before all of Korvosa is crushed beneath the queen's iron fist.


351 to 400 of 806 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9
Raseri Whitescale wrote:
"So I go in first you follow, and then Theron and Tristain with Goffred and Sig in the rear?"

Tristain nods in silent agreement.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"Of course I will, Raseri," says Fredo in the same sotto voce tone. His eyebrows and jaw set themselves into a determined expression. Fredo wasn't sure how sincere she was about his caution – he'd just clambered down a rope suspended over an angry shark after all. But he was glad she trusted him. "Nothing is going to harm her. Not while I'm around." Seeing the worry in her face, Fredo tries to lighten the mood, cocking an eyebrow as he speaks, his voice still low but slightly more impish. "You shall receive all the credit, of course."

Despite his bravado, Fredo is more than a little worried himself. Alfsigr might be small, but she was Raseri's kin and trained in four years of physical labor. If the scene becomes too dangerous for her and she has to go, Fredo isn't sure he can make her. And based on his failures to get the other stolen children to listen to him, he is not sure he can persuade her either. A quick check of Fredo's prepared spells reveals one that might help, but the consequences of its being cast on a child are unpredictable at best. Not only might she run off the gangway, but anything that affects her mind in the now might affect her later development. No. Better to interpose his body between hers and Lamm's, and to help neutralize his threat before it can reach her again.

Fredo's reverie is interrupted by Alfsigr's giggling at her private joke with Raseri. He can think of half a dozen unpleasant stereotypes for magical scholars, many of which might seem comical. So he hesitates a second or two before deciding on one to portray for Alfsigr's benefit. "Ah, Alfsigr. We'll make a fine team. Gaedren won't know what hit him. Stick close to me, and we'll have him trussed up in no time." Fredo suddenly remembers he is talking to a ten-year-old. "Tied up. That rope your sister's got is good for more than climbing you know."

"As for your plan, Raseri, it is a good one. And we are ready, Durriken. Therefore let us begin." Fredo narrows his eyes and the latch that Durriken had uncovered clicks open Mage Hand. The debris around the doorframe is still more than obtrusive, however, and the door doesn't open. "Hmm," says Fredo. "I think it still needs a push."

La nueva carta


"Well, good thing I'm tough."

Raseri puts her shoulder to the door and pushes on it.

STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"C'mon!"
STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Open, dammit!"
STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"OPEN!"
STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"RAARGH!"
STR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Burning a round of rage.

Raseri pants for several seconds after the last attempt. Her eyes are hard like granite and dark like storm clouds.

Shadow Lodge

With a final surge of effort, the door pops open with the sound of a cannon. The air inside puffs out in a cloud of mildew-smelling dust. The inside of the ship's hold is dark and dank. In the shadows where the decking meets the hull you see the shapes of rotting-through barrels and crates. In the center of the sagging deck, around a staircase leading up, to the main deck, has collected a pool of stagnant riverwater. It doesn't look as though any human has lived here in years.

From the crates, however, comes the sound of scratching and rustling. Durriken and Raseri see several sets of eight glowing, red eyes emerge from the piles, but can see little else in the darkness.

Initiative:
Alfsigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Durriken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Goffred: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Monsters: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Raseri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Theron: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tristain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Durriken*
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Monsters

The more things change, the more they need to be mapped.


Way to taunt Murphy, me... Oh, shouldn't I be in front of the secret door?

Shadow Lodge

Raseri Whitescale wrote:
Way to taunt Murphy, me... Oh, shouldn't I be in front of the secret door?

You can reach it, and pry it open, from where you are.


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Durriken bursts past Raseri into the dark hold, before noticing the absence of his target and the presence of...something else. "That sniveling, lying, wretched COWARD!" His rage getting the better of him, he allows his momentum to carry him towards the closest set of eyes, the dim light making it dificult to identify. His sword and axe clear scabbard and frog just as he reaches the creature, both weapons swinging at the eyes.

stats and actions:

5 foot step to AB7 if allowable due to the door jamb, if not, to AA7.

sword attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

sword damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

axe attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

axe damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

HP: 7/11
AC: 17, tch: 13, ff: 14 (+3 dex, +4 armor)
CMD: 16
Fort: +3, Ref: +7, Will:+2

Shadow Lodge

Rage can take many forms. In Durriken's case, it takes the form of shaky shoulders and squinting eyes. Both his blades whistle through the air, not stopping to crack chitin or spew ichor.

Map

Initiative:
Durriken
Goffred*
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Monsters


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

Well, something's gone wrong, thinks Fredo. He can hear Durriken's shouts and the whipping of his weapons through the air. Any other sounds fail to reach him through the hull of the ship, but Fredo can tell there's nothing else even vaguely human in there. Durriken might not even be able to see what it is, if Lamm and his lackeys have been smart enough to not put torches in the ship.

Fredo looks down at Alfsigr, then at his ring. He isn't going to be much help if he cannot move to the front and light the room. Then, he considers the persona he'd adopted for the child's benefit, and realizes there is something he can do. He slips the ring off his finger. "Watch this," he says to Alfsigr.

"Raseri, catch!" he calls, pitching the ring over the heads of the others.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (Raseri, please make a reflex save).

"Don't lose that," he says. "I cannot cast unless I wear it. But if that's not Lamm, my spells won't be effective anyway."


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Round 1

Tristain frowns as it is made clear that neither Trina nor Lamm will be in the boat.

Liar.

Containing his anger in face of the spiders and wanting to support his teammates, he does the logical thing in his mind:

"Durriken, get out of there! We'll shut the door behind you!"

Ready an action to shut the door when Durriken exits. Not that I expect him to...but Tristain might.


Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Hope that catches it.

"All the powers of a damn witch and not a lick of sense." She looks at Durriken, "Both of these idiots."

Raseri reaches for something in her pack. She pulls out an iron rod with a golden tip and strikes it ward on the door jamb. She holds it up and tries to get a good look inside.

Shadow Lodge

Raseri catches the ring, and strikes her sunrod cleanly. The golden and green lights, the one stuck in the door jamb and the other in her hand mingle strangely, as though reluctant to blend into a new color. Still, she and Durriken can see their foes for what they are: spiders the size of polecats. They get the feeling they've been gorged far beyond their normal size.

The AP texts makes these spiders Tiny, while the conversion makes them Diminutive. I'm sticking with Tiny.

Inititive:
Durriken
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron*
Alfsigr
Spiders


Male Human Inquisitor 2 (sin eater)

"How does it look in there? Are we talking spiders? .. or big spiders?" Theron retrieves and readies his crossbow.

draw crossbow, free action load


"Big ones."

Shadow Lodge

Alfsigr cranes her neck out to see past Goffred, Theron, Tristain, and Raseri. Seemingly, however, she knows better than to try and squeeze past them to get to the hissing, clacking mass in the ship. As it is, the spiders cluster around Durriken - the only one so far to have entered their lair. Two of them invert their abdomens and point them at Durriken. He can see their spinnarettes working a few seconds before they eject thick, ropey strands of webbing at him. The other two move to attack him with their mandibles.

Fortunately, he manages to dodge the webs, but one of the spiders sinks its fangs into his leg, just above his boot.

AA5 Web: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
AB5 Web: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
AA6 Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
AC7 Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Durriken, please take 1 damage and make one Fortitude save.

Initiative:
Durriken*
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

Map. I'm out of clever ways to spin it.


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 ugh

Hearing Tristain's shout and realizing the others aren't coming in to the hold, Durriken takes a parting swing at the spider that bit him before backing out the door.

Stats and actions:

Standard Attack

sword attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

sword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Move: 5 foot step back out the door.

Shadow Lodge

Durriken feels the muscles in his leg begin to slacken, and the weakness of his body begins to spread up his side. Before it reaches his swordarm, he swings wildly at the nearest spider. In so doing, he severs the narrow connection between its head and abdomen. Pink ichor begins to ooze out of its body and into the stagnant water, forming milky clouds that reflect Raseri's lights. The spider's limbs twitch once or twice as its body realizes and reifies its death.

Durriken, please take 1 Strength damage, and make another Fortitude saving throw at the beginning of your next turn.

Initiative:
Durriken
Goffred*
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

Map's the same, except that Durriken's back on AA8 and the spider on AA6 no longer exists. I'm on a public computer at the moment, and will upload the updated map when I'm back on mine.


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

...and Tristain's readied action shuts the door?


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

Fredo chukles as Raseri lights her sunrod. "Well, I guess that wasn't much help after all," he says, taking a knee and slotting a bolt into his crossbow with a satisfying click. As he winds the mechanism he continues talking, more musing out loud rather than to himself.

"Even if Lamm's not aboard, we should still clear the ship if we can. It would be easier to get back on land that way than to have to grapple our way up."

Initiative:

Durriken
Goffred
Raseri*
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

What I said of the map a post above remains true. Regardless, Goffred isn't moving.

Shadow Lodge

Tristain the Chalker wrote:
...and Tristain's readied action shuts the door?

Considering you're nowhere near it, that you can't move closer with Raseri and Durriken where they are, and that it's being propped open by a sunrod in the doorjamb, I'm going to say that's not gonna fly. Sorry.


Raseri mutters a curse under her breath as she pockets pockets the ring and drops the sunrod. She draws her sword as she steps into the hold.

Move to AA6 Draw greatsword along the way.
Attack spider in AA5
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Shadow Lodge

The spider tucks its exposed abdomen back under itself, and the blow that Raseri aimed at it consequently goes wide.

initiative:
Durriken
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain*
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

Okay, I can't put it off anymore. Have an actual map.


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Round 2

Tristain will back up the pier, making room for the more militant types.


Male Human Inquisitor 2 (sin eater)

Theron squeezes past Tristain, and speaks to Durriken "I'll follow you in in.."

move to (AB,8)


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Tristain shifts in his boots, wanting to go back to find Lamm.

I ain't got nothing against spiders.


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Durriken nods to Theron, pushing the pain and weakness out of his mind as best he can before preparing to step back inside.

Shadow Lodge

Alfsigr, seeing Raseri disappear into the ship, runs up the dock to the door to the fishery's basement so she can keep an eye on her sister. She ignores Fredo's surprised "Hey!" and she's fast enough to be where she wants to go by the time he reaches out to stop her.

The spiders, meanwhile, try the same tack on Raseri that they did at Durriken. The one furthest away casts its webbing at her, while the others clack at her with their fangs. The lightly armored barbarian finds herself bound ankle, wrist and chest by the ropy strands, and as she struggles to get out feels the spiders bite deep into her side and shoulder. The spider's venom seems to work best in larger muscles, as it is from her flank and not her shoulder that Raseri feels the weakness begin to spread.

AA5 Web: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
AB5 Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
AC7 Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

Raseri's Fort Save 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Raseri's Fort Save 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Raseri, take 2 points of damage and 1d2 ⇒ 2 point(s) of Strength damage. Please make a Fortitude save at the beginning of your next turn. Please note, as well, that you are entangled.

Initiative:
Durriken* Please make a Fortitude save
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

map


"Uh-oh."

I have to check but that may put me into the medium encumbrance. Not exactly my best idea.

Stats:
HP: 9/14
AC: 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13. . (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
CMD: 16, flat-footed: 13
Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: +0
Rage Rounds: 9/12
Arrows:
18 Regular
20 Blunt


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Hope that makes it...

Durriken moves back into the door to aid the entangled Barbarian, ignoring the spider to his right and moving directly to attack one of the ones against the back wall.

stats and actions:

Move: move through AA7 to AB6 to avoid AOO.

Standard: Attack spider in AA5.

sword attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

sword damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Status: Poisoned, -1 Str (all strength-based checks are at -1)

HP: 6/11
AC: 17, tch: 13, ff: 14 (+3 dex, +4 armor)
CMD: 16
Fort: +3, Ref: +7, Will:+2

Shadow Lodge

Durriken bobs and weaves to keep himself out of the spiders' reach, and it pays off in more ways than one. Not only does he reach Raseri's side unmolested, but the burning of his muscles seems to drive out the poison. He is, however, sufficiently winded, distracted by the odor of rotting wood, and dizzy from his dodging that when he strikes out with his sword he misses the spider he targetted by a hair.

Durriken is no longer poisoned. Also, please note that these spiders are Tiny. They do not threaten their surrounding squares, and cannot make attacks of opportunity if you vacate their surrounding squares.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

Fredo shakes his head and takes off after Alfsigr, clipping his crossbow - still loaded and with the mechanism primed to fire - to his belt. Irori, he thinks, the wood and metal weapon clattering against his leg and the oiled string straining against the bolt, please let this machine retain its potential, so that it does not, by squandering it, endanger my friends and comrades.

1d20 ⇒ 1

"You said you would stick near me," Fredo hisses to Alfsigr when he catches up to her, taking her by the arms and trying to pull her away from the door. "Raseri will be fine, and there is nothing anyone can do for her from here. Trust her."

CMB: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Initiative:
Durriken
Goffred
Raseri* Please make a Fortitude save
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

map


STR Check: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 1 = 4
FORT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Move to AA7 (Provokes AoO)

Raseri strains against the bonds that are binding her arms and legs trying to break free. unable to do that, she takes her chances and moves away from the spider.

"Tristain! I need some help!"

Shadow Lodge

Raseri Whitescale wrote:
(Provokes AoO)

No it doesn't. See above.

As she struggles against her bonds, though she does not break them, Raseri feels a weight lift from her. Her body begins beating back the insidious venom.

Raseri is no longer poisoned.

Initiative:
Durriken
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain*
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

map


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Round 3

Tristain will move to AA8 and draw his dagger, holding his 'scythe in his other hand.

"Yeah, I'll cut you out in a moment," Tristain says while looking in the boat.

"Let's get out of here."


Male Human Inquisitor 2 (sin eater)

Theron moves in behind Tristain.. "We are searching the boat ... we can't do that until these spiders are dealt with.."

move to AB,8

Shadow Lodge

Alfsigr squirms in Fredo's grip, elbowing his strangely resilient stomach and stomping on his booted feet. His grip, however, doesn't weaken, and she is unable to rush to Raseri's aid.

Break Grapple: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Meanwhile, the spiders scuttle around the ship to reposition themselves. One, thinking Tristain might be planning to enter their territory, lashes out at him. Another sees the weakened Raseri as easy prey. The third, with perhaps a spark more intelligence than the rest, remembers Durriken as the killer of the fourth spider, and attacks in fear. Durriken's and Raseri's assailants find their marks, but their bodies are still flush with having defeated their venom just a few seconds ago, and the chemical finds no hold in their blood.

AB5 Bite @ Durriken: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
AA6 Bite @ Raseri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
AB5 Bite @ Tristain: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Durriken Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Raseri Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Durriken, Raseri, take one point of damage each. Neither of you are poisoned.

Initiative:
Durriken*
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

map


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Durriken swings both weapons at the spiders, now trapped between the three remaining ones. His sword misses, but the spider's dodge takes it right into the path of the axe.

stats and actions:

sword attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

sword damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

axe attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

axe damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

axe critical confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

axe critical damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

I've never been completely sure of this, cured means the strength damage is gone? if not, each attack/damage roll is at -1.)

HP: 5/11
AC: 17, tch: 13, ff: 14 (+3 dex, +4 armor)
CMD: 16
Fort: +3, Ref: +7, Will:+2

initiative:

Durriken
Goffred *
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders


Raseri tries to break free again.

STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Stats:
HP: 8/14
AC: 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13. . (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
CMD: 16, flat-footed: 13
Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: +0
Rage Rounds: 9/12
Arrows:
18 Regular
20 Blunt

Shadow Lodge

Durriken, which spider are you attacking?

The strength damage remains until it's cured (by rest, Heal check, or spell). Shaking off the poison means you just don't take more strength damage.


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

GM Zimmer:
The one in AB 5

ok, thought so, but wasn't positive. So the actual rolls are:

Sword attack: 3

Sword damage: 9

Axe attack: Nat 20

Axe damage: 3

Crit confirm: 16

Crit damage: 9


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Tristain begins to cut Raseri free

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 vs. web.
1d4 ⇒ 1 damage

"Search this ship? I can tell you right now that Lamm ain't here. You can search it all you want, but Lamm ain't here."

Tristain still cuts the web.

"Tell you what, we come outside and burn the ship to the waterline and *then* see if Lamm comes out?"


Male Human Inquisitor 2 (sin eater)

"A trail is sometimes more than a set of footprints ... we don't know what was left behind. We are searching the ship. Now cut her loose and clear the way, boy!"
It appears to be time for Theron's nap.. he reaches in yanking at the web..

aid another 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"And how do you suppose we get back up after he's dealt with, hmm?" grunts Fredo, hauling Alfsigr away from the door to the basement. "There's sharks and Gozreh knows what else in the water, and I wouldn't trust anything up in the Fishery to hold a grappling hook secure. Not to mention that Lamm wouldn't climb it; he'd have to be hauled up, and that's assuming we could get up there. No, this ship is our ticket back to dry land.

"As for you young lady, you should learn that what's best for us all is not always what you want to do. How would your sister feel if she lost you again? And how do you think I would feel if you got hurt while I was supposed to be watching you?" They reach the intersection and Fredo sets Alfsigr back on her feet. "I know how you feel. Like you should be able to help, but that you can't. Like I told your sister, I'm in the same situation. But there is one thing you can do for her that I cannot. As long as she knows you're safe, she can concentrate on squashing those bugs. Okay?"

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Shadow Lodge

Theron and Tristain manage to cut Raseri free, and Alfsigr is pacified. "Okay," she says, a grim look in her eyes. Durriken manages to split open one of the spider's abdomens by a seam in its exoskeleton. It pops like a bubble of swamp gas in the Mushfens.

The remaining spiders, having seen him repeat this feat twice now, turn their attention to Durriken.

AA6 Bite @ Durriken: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
AB7 Bite @ Durriken: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Durriken Fort Save 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Durriken Fort Save 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Durriken, please take 2 HP damage and 0 strength damage

Initiative:
Durriken*
Goffred
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders

map


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Durriken growls and lashes out at the two remaining spiders, one stroke aimed at each.

stats and actions:

sword attack (AA6): 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 1 = 8

sword damage (AA6): 1d8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 1 = 2

axe attack (AB7): 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 1 = 18

axe damage (AB7): 1d6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 1 = 3

Status: Poisoned, -1 Str (all strength-based checks are at -1)

HP: 3/11
AC: 17, tch: 13, ff: 14 (+3 dex, +4 armor)
CMD: 16
Fort: +3, Ref: +7, Will:+2

initiative:

Durriken
Goffred*
Raseri
Tristain
Theron
Alfsigr
Spiders


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"It shouldn't be much longer," says Goffred reassuringly, as he hears Tristain's axe tear open yet another spider.

AB7 is dead. I just didn't want to post about it twice.


"Thanks."

Raseri takes her sword up and strikes out at one of the remaining spiders.

Atttack on AA 6
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 1 = 6

Shadow Lodge

Raseri's sword bisects the spider so that the two halves fall beside one another on the deck of the ship. The steaming ichor sits in the abdomen halves like foul soup in massive tureens.

The spiders are all dead, Jim. Take 100 XP each.


M Human (Varisian) M Human Ranger LE L2 | AC17 T13 FF14 | HP 21/21| F +4 R+7 W+2 | Init+3 | Perc+7

Durriken takes a quick look around the now empty hold.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Apparently Yargin was mistaken," Durriken notes with disdain. "Only one other place for him to be." He steps back out of the hold, and bends back down to massage his leg where the bite poisoned him.


Chalker 4:
AC 15/FF12/T13;F6/R7/W3;Init+4;Perc+9;Clmb7;DisD14;Intim5;Local6;Sleight9;Stlt h9;Surv9

Tristain looks in the hold, unwilling to step in until he is sure the spiders are gone.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Perception

"Yeah, Lamm ain't here, is he?"

Tristain puts his knife away and prepares to enter the main building again.

351 to 400 of 806 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Squawk's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.