Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Z..D.. F&F parts 2 and 3 core

Game Master Z...D...

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

The adventure begins in Corentyn’s Museum of History. The former courthouse rises above many of the other buildings within the High Quarter. The museum has endured the touch of time well, and it houses those artifacts from Corentyn’s illustrious history that the Thrune regime has approved. Earlier, a courier sent by Ianareth Alazario—the new Chelish liaison to the Grand Lodge—informed the PCs that a package provided by Athenaeum archaeologists awaits them at the museum and that they are to contact Zefiro Balinger, whom they met during their investigation into the ruined keep of House Davian.

Motes of dust float in the air as the midday sun shines through the skylights of the museum roof. Several scholars and students move about the bookshelves and display cases on the main floor and the balconies above, while some are hunched over tables piled with heavy tomes. Zefiro is in discussion with a colleague when he notices the visitors.
“Ah, you have returned. Welcome.” He shakes hands with everyone. “Right, we have that package for you.” Zefiro beckons to a student at a nearby table. “Run up and fetch the Athenaeum materials from my office.” He turns back from the student, though he occasionally glances nervously at the people going about their work around him.
“The ruin you’re about to investigate is certainly a major discovery, and it’s sure to earn great prestige for my colleagues at Egorian’s Athenaeum. A lost colony of ancient Taldor right within the Kharijite province would certainly give our beloved empire a strong claim to the region.”
Zefiro steps a little closer and lowers his voice. “I would be very interested to discuss your findings when you return, with a bit more privacy. Come see me here in the evening and we can have a talk in my office.”
Zefiro takes a step back as the student returns with the package. He hands it over to the PCs, “If there’s nothing else, I must get back to my duties.”

The Athenaeum package contains several items: an official document that authorizes its bearer to inspect the archaeological site, a map of the Kharijite province that has a route to Ibhir marked on it, and an archaeological report that details the discoveries made at the site.

Please go to the first slide and fill out the initiative rolls and perception checks. Also this will be where the hand outs and maps will be

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

Sab'Sera takes a look to the report and askes Zefiro

Mr. Balinger, there are an arqueologic report here. Do we find some other mmm archageologists there? Should we espect they will be friendly

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Thordir takes the report from Sab'Sera when she has finished looking it over. After reading for a moment, he asks, "There seems to be evidence of worship of Abadar at the site, do we know approximately how old the colony is? Also, is there any kind of writing on the pottery or any of the other artifacts? We may need to have knowledge of some ancient languages. I have some familiarity with Azlanti."

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

"We will do all we can." After Zefiro leaves, the huge half orc takes a cursory glance at the paper work provided. "Truth be told, this is all a little beyond me."


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

"I do not believe that any archaeologist are currently out there but if they are, they should be more into the research and not fighting. There most likely some scripture on the pottery. But who knows, I have not seen it in person." He looks up at the pathfinders still standing there and shoos them along the way.

After departing the museum, the PCs make their way to the docks where Ianareth has arranged passage to Khari aboard one of the ships that the Chelish navy uses to patrol the Hespereth Strait.

The sail to Khari is quite uneventful, and the crewmembers—none too pleased about having to transport civilians aboard a military vessel keep to themselves.

The Chelish frigate cuts through the waves by the Arch of Aroden as sunrise paints the harbor of Khari red. Vessels from all around the Inner Sea are moored at the docks, waiting for their cargo to be unloaded or for new goods to be brought aboard. The city spreads around the bay, with sandstone buildings and twisting minarets marking its Rahadoumi origin now emblazoned with red-and-white banners of Cheliax.
Most of the inhabitants dress in a Garundi fashion of colorful robes and billowing blouses, but occasionally a regiment of Chelish soldiers or a Hellknight parts the crowd. Several openair markets fill the city with clamor as merchants and patrons haggle loudly under many-colored stalls.
At one of the stalls, an exasperated man with an Osirian accent complains loudly, “It would be bad enough if it was just the damned dockworkers who take their time unloading my goods, but now I have to wait for those infernal bureaucrats to grant me a travel permit to even leave the city. I swear I’m about to lose my mind with the incompetence of these people!”

The Society has provided the PCs with basic archaeological equipment (picks, shovels, brushes, sacks, parchment tags, and notebooks) and sufficient funds to cover essential expenses and purchase mounts.

Diplomacy to gather information

15+:
A gruff barkeep informs the PCs of the tight grip Cheliax keeps on the city. “Recently they’ve been cracking down on any shady business, so everyone needs a travel permit to leave the city. I hear the inspections of coming and going cargo are pretty thorough as well. Good luck at the magistrate’s office—the lines are bound to be as long as the Arch.”

20+:
A bored caravan guard provides information about the archaeological expedition. “They had plenty of scholars and soldiers as well. The number of tools and supplies they were willing to lug across the desert surprised me. Our caravan shared the road with them for a while, but they kept mostly to themselves.”

25+:
An unscrupulous merchant reveals information about the Aspis Consortium caravan that went to the expedition site. “The Aspis Consortium transported a caravan full of supplies to the ruins. I’m not sure what they were carrying in those crates, but I hear they looked heavy—not that they were advertising this on the streets or anything, but I have my sources. It didn’t take long for them to receive appropriate permits either. I guess it helps to have friends in the right places.”

Knowledge Geography or Local

15+:
The people of Khari see themselves more as Chelish citizens than as Rahadoumi despite their ancestry. Lord-mayor Marsiol Giovenci, a steadfast ally of the Thrune regime, rules Khari. Giovenci takes a harsh stance against anyone who would engage in smuggling and black-market deals.

20+:
This time of the year, fierce sandstorms tend to plague the area around Ibhir, and it’s bound to get even worse in the following weeks before the storms subside. It’s a good idea to make the journey there and back as soon as possible. Learning this grants the PCs a +5 bonus on the Survival check to notice the encroaching sandstorm on their way to the excavation later in the adventure.

25+:
The settlement of Ibhir has remained abandoned for centuries since the Everwar. At campfires, the local people whisper ghost stories that revolved around foolish travelers who took shelter in the ruins during a sandstorm and never returned.

Knowledge History

10+:
Cheliax forcibly annexed the Kharijite province from Rahadoum during the Everwar, and Rahadoumi diplomats have been demanding that Cheliax return the region to its rightful owner ever since.

15+:
The Everwar, also known as the Wars of Expansion, was a century-long war of conquest launched by King Haliad III in 4305 ar that—among other territories—expanded Chelish control into northern Garund, allowing them to control both ends of the Arch of Aroden. The Everwar lasted through the reigns of five Chelish monarchs and finally ended in 4410 ar.

20+:
There are several ruins in northern Garund left behind by long-lost human civilizations, most famously the Jistka Imperium. The Jistkans were famous for building golems and other mighty constructs.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Do we not have a chance to go back and talk to Zefiro on that initial evening? Or does he want us to come to his office in the evening after we get back? Just want to make sure we're not missing anything during our investigation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Kn. History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"Seems we'll have a fair deal of trouble getting out of the city unless those papers we got are exceptionally broad. Also, before we leave the city, we should see if we can figure out a way to read Jistkan. This area used to be part of the Imperium, and it might be a big help if we can read any writings we might come across."

I could put down the cash for a scroll of Comprehend Languages if someone else can use it.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Zefiro has nothing else important to offer you at this time. He was just more of the mention briefing.Most of the investigation is done by you guys.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Cool, thanks!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

Two Blades pondered, deep in thought about the journey. "We will have to keep our eyes open this time of the year. Fierce sandstorms tend to plague the area around Ibhir, and it’s bound to get even worse since it's nearing the peak of the season." he suggested.

K:Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Selling Leather armor (10 gp) and purchase Mithral chain shirt (1,100) also spending 2 pp to get a wand of Endure elements.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

You know, people, I have listen about an archaelogical expedition. It was hudge, lots of scholars, soldiers and soldiers.

Sab goes in silence for a while before add
by the way, who has Mr. Belinger papers. It seems we need a travel permit to leave the city. Fortunatelly, Mr. Belinger has given us one.

can anybody use a wand of CLW? I lend him mine

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

I believe I can activate it as it is on the Paladin spell list.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Unfortunatley for Sab, she was mistaken even the PCs’ official authorization to explore Ibhir is insufficient to get them past the gate guards. In order to leave, the Pathfinders must secure travel permits from the office of Magistrate Mavius Giovenci.

Scores of applicants hoping to procure official travel permits fill the bulky sandstone building, and clerks steadily work their way up and down the lines to identify each applicant and inquire about their business. Once a clerk confirms the PCs’ authorization from the Athenaeum, she fetches a letter, lowers her voice, and tells them, “Magistrate Mavius Giovenci wants to handle this matter in person. This is an invitation to attend an evening function at his estate.” She forces a smile and then turns her attention to the next group in line.

Must now decide if you wish to accept and attend or turn down the invitation. Either way, there is more investigation that needs to be done.

Diplomacy(Gather Information), Knowledge(Local or Nobility)

15+:
Mavius is a cousin of the lord-mayor of Khari. The magistrate takes advantage of his station to enjoy all the pleasures the city has to offer, therefore his palanquin is a regular sight on the street as Mavius travels between the mansion and several high-end establishments and the opera.

20+:
The lord-mayor, Marsiol Giovenci, isn’t too fond of his cousin. He secured the post of magistrate for Mavius as a favor to Mavius’s father, yet Marsiol feels that his cousin doesn’t live up to the city’s standards. The lord-mayor is concerned that Mavius might make him regret the favor by becoming entangled in some scandal.

25+:
Mavius has been involved in some dubious dealings with shady individuals tied to the Aspis Consortium, including the halfling, Tamrin Credence. The PCs learned during their previous investigation in Corentyn that Tamrin had also been involved with Zarta Dralneen. There’s enough evidence to let the PCs leverage this information to force the magistrate to cooperate—even become a long-term asset for future endeavors—though actually using information against a Chelish noble would be risky at best.

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

"I guess it can't hurt to hear what the Magistrate has to say."

Vote to accept, but good either way.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

"I'm not much for parties," Thordir mutters, his grip tightening around the haft of his pole arm, "But I suppose if the Magistrate wants us to attend this party, it might help us get out of the city and on to the rest of our investigation more quickly."

I vote we go to the party too.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

Knowdlege local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
A party? i'm In

She coninues talking

I have listen peole talk about Mavious., Mavious is the cousin of the lord mayor Marisol Giovenchu. But the Lord-Mayor doesn't like Mavious. She post him as a favor to the father of Mavious, but the magistrate only things in his own pleasure and that is something thal doesn't fits with the city standards

Oops. i have to buy a Gown. Do you know any good tailor?

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

"Oh no. You don't think we really need to dress up for this, do you?" Thordir's deeply tanned face seems to flush with embarrassment at the thought of having to dress in some extravagant outfit.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

If you wish to show up in you may. But this being CORE,you only have access to the basics. A courtesans outfit or better will do. Porbably looking to start the next part of this "encounter" tomorrow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

"Sounds like we will be having to play dress up." Two Blades said.

Add Courtiers clothing along with a 50 gp ring and a wooden holy symbol (81 gp)

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

Could I buy a nice "Courtier's" tabard, or a good polishing? I would hate to be without my armor.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Kord, it is not mandatory to attend. you are more than welcome to attend in you armor if you wish.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

The magistrate's mansion is of modest size but well-maintained. Upon recieving the invitation, a halfling servant guides everyone through an iron gate with flowery designs onto a terrace overlooking the bay near the Arch of Aroden. A ring of sitting pillows and several water pipes furnish the terrace. At the end of the hall sits a handsome, dark-haired man with an easy smile., though years of indulgent living seem to have taker their toll on his physique. The air is humid as thundering clouds gather far from the shore.

Mavius beckons everyone to sit down, "My dear guests, please relax and enjoy yourselves. There are plenty of local delicacies, and the wine is quite exquisite. I'm sure you're eager to get down to business, yet there'll be time for that later."

let me know if you would like to over indulge in the feast or not. And feel free to role play it up if you like and I will try to play a long. Still a work in progress on my end.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

I bought a courtesans outfit

Thank you sir for your hospitality. We are very honoured to share sit at your table. My people said that best way to seal a friendship is sharing a meat. I hope or business will flow smoothly after a cup of wine

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

Walking around the feast, Kord sees many culinary delights he is unfamiliar with. "Where do you find these tiny chickens? Or are they shrunk with magic? What's that you say...a phez-ant? This doesn't look like any ant I have ever seen before. Granted, it is tasty. I am certain the ant queen must be delicious."

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Eh, why not? I'll buy a courtier's outfit along with some jewelry (spending 80gp). Might as well look nice, right?

Thordir enters the mansion, his awkward stride showing his discomfort with the unfamiliar Rahadoumi garb. When the host invites his guests to take a seat, Thordir is grateful for the excuse to stop standing and mingling. He takes the hint about not getting down to business too quickly, but makes sure to sit near enough to Mavius that he can speak with the man comfortably.

"This is a fine assortment of delicacies, my lord. Sadly, my typical diet makes such indulgent fare less pleasurable than it deserves, so I shall have to refrain from overindulgence. Nonetheless, my companions and I thank you for your hospitality."

Thordir will eat and drink, but definitely in moderation.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

Two Blades kept his ears open, trying to find out any information that might be useful in their quest. Not being use to such finery, he watched to see what the others were partaking of and tried to calm his taste buds.

In the process, he kept an eye out to see if there was any gambling going on that he might be able to participate in.

Not indulging to excess but will gamble if there is anything going on Spend up to 10 gp if needed.
Profession Gambler: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Once the bulk of the meal is done, Mavius cheerfully seeks other amusement.

The magistrate orders a servant to bring out an ornate board with several dozen ivory pieces, “Would anyone care for a friendly game of Siege—unless one of you can entertain us with some Chelish opera? Hah!”

If you wish to play Mavius in chess siege. I will need an Intelligence Check or Profession Gambler to beat him in the game.

Sense Motive DC 15:
He does not like to lose of course. You can attempt to make it a good game and purposefully lose with a bluff check.

Or you can attempt to sing the Chelish Opera with a perform (Sing) check.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Thordir looks at the board and considers whether he remembers all the rules correctly. "I'm not totally familiar with the game, but perhaps I can present you a challenge all the same, my lord!" He sits across from the baron and plays.

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He proves little challenge for the noble, however. "I hope my poor performance didn't make the experience unpleasant for you. Perhaps you could take enjoyment from the early victory. Haha!"

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sab watches Thodir's defeats and she smiles. "It seems you are a master of this game, Mr. Mavious. Although, I will play with you with hope of bee a better player than my friend here "

Int check: 1d20 ⇒ 20

GM Eyes:

I will let me win. I hope he doesn't notice it
Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"Oh! You got me!


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

"Oh, I got you all right" Mavius states with annoyance."Lets move on to the business at hand. Tell me about this expedition you are embarking upon. I have heard a little about it here and there—enough to get me intrigued. I’d love to know more.”

Need a bluff, diplomacy or perform oratory to impress upon the importance of their mission for Cheliax

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Thordir, not being exceptionally elegant, allows the others to lead the discussion, though he does occasionally add a word here and there about the historical significance of the site and the importance it could possess for Cheliax.

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 Nope!

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

"Well, the discovery of a lost colony of ancient Taldor right within the Kharijite province would certainly give your beloved empire a strong claim to the region. Imagine the glory that would be brought to you in your role as benefactor. Certainly all of Cheliax would owe you a debt for generations to come!"

diplo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

as you can see, this is an opportunity for all of us to unveal the secrets of the history. I hope the paperwork don't delay us too much

diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

“Very well, sounds like a good deal. Now, I have heard some wild tales about the exploits of Pathfinders. I’d like to hear more of your adventures, or perhaps you’d like to showcase your considerable skills!”

You can use any skill you would like, just as longs as you can make it work. Any ability check or you can roll an attack to impress him. Mavius will bring what ever supplies you need to show off your talents.

Sovereign Court

m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

Can I do it in the form of a story? I am only good at intimidate, but I do not want to do it to him. SO can I recount a time when I scared the bejeezus out of someone else?

intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Just in case it's a yes.


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Is it a scary story?I will allow it

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Thordir pauses to consider what to tell the man. I can't exactly tell him about what happened in Cheliax. He might try to lock me up for some of what we did there. And this isn't the place to demonstrate my skill with my glaive... Ah! I've got it! The tall half-elf sweeps aside a fold of his elaborate new robes to reveal the ivory handle of a short sword hanging at his side. He pulls the weapon's scabbard from his belt and holds it up for the nobleman to examine.

"When I first joined the Society," he says, "I was assigned to explore some ruins high in the mountains. A dwarven explorer had gone missing while checking the area for some family heirloom. I don't recall all the details. Suffice to say, it was a very dwarven affair. Anyway, we found the fellow half mad, but well enough to guide us to some hidden dwarven ruins. Apparently, the place had been infested with derrow who had captured some travelers. My team rescued the travelers from the ruins. Turns out they had some connections, enough to earn me this." He holds the sword up again.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

Two Blades smiled at the mention of showing off his talents. "Well, in my misbegotten youth, I use to run games of Three card Monte. Here, lets see if you can find the Lady." he said, launching into his spiel as he took a deck of cards.

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

Sab'Sera listen to its collegues. She was really impress with the tales of their friends. When Two-Blades ends his game Sab'Sera jumps up. She start doing somersaults and stunts arround the hall.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Maybe I'm the younger here, but I am agile as a gazelle


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

"Ah. very good show. From everyone"He looks at Sab'sera enviously, "to be young and spry again. Any matter you have my blessing to got to this site of yours. You can stop by in the morning at the office and pick up you permits. Free of charge of course." Mavius winks at them on the last part.

The PC's finish the nights festivities on a high note after securing free passage and possibly making a new "friend". They pick up the permit from the office first thing in the morning, getting angry stares from other in line, as they are waived to the front of the line. They gather their supplies and purchase mounts with the money provided to them.They set out into the desert.

Most of the PCs’ overland journey is safe and uneventful, thanks to the carefully notated map provided by the Athenaeum. The PCs’ luck turns against them during the final stretch as a sandstorm rumbles toward the bluff from the southeast.

The last rays of the setting sun light up a bluff to the southeast that towers over the desert. Ruined buildings and leaning towers jut up from the plateau on its top as ominous clouds loom to the south of Ibhir—a sandstorm roars across the desert toward the ruins.

Survival DC 15:
you see the sandstorm well in advance and it is heading strait for you

You see a chelish ruin ahead of you and the PC's make for it, trying to get to the shelter before the storm.

First you must hurry your mounts towards the ruin.
Ride Check

Second, you need to lead their mounts along the treacherous path that snakes up the side of the bluff.
Ride or Handle Animal check

Finally, at the top of the bluff, the PCs must navigate the stinging sand and locate the Chelish camp.
Perception Check

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m half orc Paladin / 1 AC 16 {T:11/ FF:15} HP: 12/12 [ F:+3 / R:+2 / W:+2] Perception:+0

Just my luck. My first mission, and I am going to get lost in a desert wasteland. And this blasted beast! Why won't it go any faster. "Do you enjoy my misery monster! When we are trapped out here, you will be the one I kill and eat first."
Ride: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Alright Maggot-catcher, we are almost there, so co-operate just a little and we can get through this. You see that up there, we just have to get there. But so help me, I will leave you here to die if you don't get it together. Whatever is left of your hide will be a feast for vultures and jackals."
Ride: 1d20 ⇒ 12

I hate this desert, I hate this storm, I hate this ass-breaking horse. "I hate you horse, and I hate...Hey now, that is that over there?"
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Thordir bows to thank the nobleman for his hospitality and for his generous permittance of their expedition. "It is always good to make new friends in distant places.

The next morning, back in his usual long cloak, the half-elf pulls his hood up to cover his face as the group makes its way through the permit office. Best not to look them in the eye and raise their ire further.

Out on the sands, Thordir rides near the head of the party, his glaive strapped to the saddle of his camel. "What an unusual beast," he says as they make their way through the desert. "Still, they are supposed to be exceptional for travel through such climates. Just then, the sandstorm begins to whip up in the distance, and Thordir assesses the situation.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"We need to move. Quickly! That sandstorm will be upon us very soon!" He spies the path up the bluff and spurs on his camel to hurry over.

Ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

He then guides it up the switch-backs, trying to recall how his father had lead his horse through the forests of Kyonin.

Ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

As he reaches the top of the bluff, he looks out for some sort of shelter.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Sab feels bored riding through the desert. He becomes to reality when Thodir notices the sandstorm. She knows how dangerous are them and urges to his mount.

Hurry up, sweety! Don't let it catch us
ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Kord, don't stay behind!

ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
She continues riding, when she look something mooving at her mount feet. She has no afraid of snakes. There are plenty of them in the Osiriani deserts where she grew up. She tries to wisper to her horse to keep it calm
come on sweete, they are affraid of you. Don't look at them. You are bigget and stronger. Come one, we almost pass

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
When arrives to the top of the bluff, she looks for a shelter.
Boys! I think can see a camp over there! Let's find Shelter!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

Seeing the approaching sandstorm, Two Blades dug into the saddle to get a better seat as he spurred the mount to quickly cover the distance to the camp.

Hope the rolls stay this way for the adventure
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
ride 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

The majority of the PC's navigate the sandstorm with ease. Except for kord who managed to catch all the sand in his eyes.-2 perception checks for the next 24 hours

Sand gusts into the building through the open door to the west and the southwest corner of the canvas roof, where the broad tarpaulin has broken free at one end. The canvas strains violently in the wind as the rest of the bindings begin to pull loose. Only half of the building’s original floor still exists to the south. A ladder descends ten feet to a ledge below, and another ladder descends further into a jagged crack in the ground. A campsite sprawls across both ledges, and several bloodied corpses are scattered throughout.

Initiative:

Sab’Sera: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Thordir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kord: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Two Blades: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The PC's have no time to catch their breaths as the sun drops out of the sky and you hear the creaking of undead start towards them.

knowledge history DC 18:
recognize the uniforms the undead wear date back to the everwar

knowledge religion

DC 11:
Dessicated Skeleton; Neutral Evil Undead

DC 16:

Combat-Round 1
Bold May Act
Sab'Sera
Blue
Thordir
Red
Two Blades
Kord

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Soldiers of the Everwar," Thordir states flatly, "Apparently their fight is not yet over. But why did they rise?"

Scarab Sages

Female Human Rogue 3 (Core) | HP 27/27 | Init +10; Per +8(+9 to Find Traps) | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +3, R +7, W +2 | Conditions :

What is that?

Sab moves to the nearest body and attacks it with her shortsword

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 It's a crit!
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage (crit): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

Sab you still need to confirm. I will roll it for you to save time.
sab's crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12Did not confirm

Not all of the damage went through.

The skeleton that Sab attacked retaliates. But is unable to strike the mobile rogue.

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6miss
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

claw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 miss
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Combat-Round 1
Bold May Act
Sab'Sera
Blue-5 damage
Thordir
Red
Two Blades
Kord

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Elf Barbarian 2 (CORE) (HP 23/23) | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 cmd:16 | F+5 R+2 W+2 (+2 vs Ench) | Perc:+9; Low-Light Vision | Speed 40ft Init. +2 | Rage 8/8 | Status: Normal

With cold determination, Thordir raises his glaive and strikes at the skeleton that had attacked Sab. "Watch yourself, Sab'Sera!"

Glaive, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13 Damage, Power Attack: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14


Faithless and Forgotten Core// Destiny of Sands Core// Scions Core//

The glaive crashes down right beside the skeleton.

The other skeleton (red) comes from the behind the tent and attacks Thordir.

Provoking an AOO from Thordir

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21Hit
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

confirming critical hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7does not confirm
extra damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Thordir fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16Saves

Combat
Bold May Act
Round 2
Sab'Sera
Blue-5 damage
Thordir-2 damage
Red
Round 1
Two Blades
Kord

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Shoanti) Rogue 1/Cleric 1 [HP 18/18 Init +6; Perception +5, AC 18/FF14/T14 F+4/R+6/W+3]

Two Blades grabbed for his weapons, trying to poke at the skeleton and having a hard time attacking.
Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

K-Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Figures I would crit on the check. Worse save?
Move action. Draw both weapons and 5' step.

1 to 50 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Z..D.. F&F parts 2 and 3 core-Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.