GM Yogadragon Race for the Runecarved Key Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master yogadragon


1 to 50 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Solstice Scar

Feel to dot in here for Yogadragon's Race for the Runecarved Key table.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

Good day GM, I just signed up for this game and I'm dotting in.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Condition: None

Think I'm T2

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

Bringing a new character to the table. Good to see Merrill and Alya again.

OG3
Jeskit Thersis
Urban Bloodrager 1
175185-7
no day job

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Meloriel here, checking in!


VC Sheila Heidmarch

At the request of hosts Canayven and Sheila Heidmarch, you have been invited to attend a private meeting at Heidmarch Manor. A large number of your fellow Pathfinders have clearly also been given a similar invitation, however the appearance of Sheila Heidmarch suggests all is about to be made clear.

She calls for your attention, and as the noise dies down she begins to speak.

”Dear friends, welcome to Magnimar and the newest Pathfinder Lodge—Heidmarch Manor. For those of you who do not yet know me, my name is Sheila Heidmarch—venture-captain of Magnimar. This lodge is also my home, which I share with my husband Canayven. While we are far from the comforts of the Grand Lodge at Absalom, we shall do our best to accommodate you with our humble Varisian hospitalities. My husband and I both spent many years in the field, so we know well what you do and appreciate that you have answered our summons. We are both extremely grateful to receive you and your support.”

“As you well know, Heidmarch Manor is a new lodge. Presently it is funded almost entirely from my own resources. Although I adore Magnimar, we have as many enemies here as friends. This being the case, I seek to court the favor of more powerful allies, specifically members of the Council of Ushers and the Office of the Lord Mayor.”

“This brings the conversation to our current situation. On one of their more recent salvage runs, the wondrous artificers of the Golemworks uncovered a strange relic while dredging stone from the bottom of Magnimar’s harbor. The relic appears to be some sort of a giant key, etched with ancient Thassilonian runes that their learned arcanists speculate may even predate the coming of the mysterious runelords. Because the key falls outside their area of expertise, the Golemworks donated the curious aritfact to the Office of the Lord Mayor. In turn, the Lord Mayor intends to auction off the key to the highest bidder in short order, to fund municipal projects. The auction will be run by the Cathedral of Abadar, gold in hand—meaning immediately after the final bid is accepted, the bidder must pay for his prize in full.”

“We want the key. However, we want it legally. Our establishment in Magnimar is relatively new and our footing tenuous. We need to secure more stable political relationships with the Lord Mayor’s office and the Council of Ushers to ensure the Society’s long term success in this city; especially since the Aspis Consortium already has such a strong foothold here. The legitimate purchase of the Runecarved Key from the local authorities would demonstrate our respect for the city’s government, which would go a long way toward improving our public image with these people.”

“That said, we can greatly increase our chances of winning the auction by persuading our competition to back out. While there are some we believe we can outbid, we are a new lodge with far fewer funds than many. Thus, we must find out who else is interested in the key, how much they can bid, and whether or not we can knock them out of the auction.”

“To assure our success, our espionage must be extensive. Therefore we have divided the task between our agents. While division stands to place field operatives in greater danger, we cannot risk revealing ourselves by working en mass. If you are discovered, we will disavow any association with you. We cannot aid you if you get arrested or fall into the clutches of the enemies of our Society. While this is unfortunate, I hope you can understand our position.”

”For now, please make yourselves at home. We have provided accommodations for each of your groups. Feel free to drop off your things and prepare yourselves. Then meet me in the manor’s theatre in five minutes.”

There is a new general discussion thread HERE that can be used for cross table discussion etc. Feel free to jump in (or not) as you please.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza Bloodborn, a strong half-Orc of good grooming, with Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs tattooed upon her skin, stands in the meeting room, alert and stoic. Although this was not her first mission, she had never been to Varisia before. It was much colder than the deserts back home.

Putting that thought out of her mind, Kenza concentrates on the briefing.

Subterfuge and illegal dealings? Certainly different than anything I've done before.

Kenza was a strong fist and a brave shield, meant to protect other Pathfinders. Agents smarter and more important than herself. She looks around, curious what soft scholar or clever diplomat she would need to take a wound for this time...

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

Kalangkang is a young human male dressed in a blue cape with a hood on his head. Based on his attitude and dress it is obvious that he is from a wealthy family. An experienced observer can notice that he is quite awkward.
He approaches the other Pathfinder and introduces himself, "Hello there! I am Kalangkang!"

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

"Hello, Friend Kalangkang, I am Kahwen," a tengu answers, sweeping his plumed hat off his head as he bows low.

Opposite Kalangkang, he is obviously not from a wealthy family, though his clothing is new and finely made. He still has the manners of the street, though he is doing his best to seem like he fits in in these fine surroundings.

Unlike many Tengus his voice is particularly crow like and abrasive and his arms have a great deal of feathers, much more like wings than most of his kind have.

A metallic glint shows under his clothing and very fine chainmail links peek out now and then. But, most arresting about his appearance is the large sword strapped across his back, made to seem all the larger because of his relatively small stature.

Even at an angle, the 4' long curved blade of elven design hangs down past the knees of the man who is less than 5' tall, himself.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

Jeskit stands from his table as others enter the room. Probably not the biggest Nagaji the other Pathfinders have seen but looks stout, nonetheless. Also, you notice he wears clothes a bit more "civilized" than your typical lizard person and when he speaks you hear a muted hiss.

Greetings, friends. I am Jeskit Thersis. Well met.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza nods at the others, returning their greetings with her assessing gaze.

An interesting group. Looks like the man will need the most protection... Time will tell.

"May the sun always warm your days," Kenza replies to the others. "I am Kenza Bloodborn. I look forward to serving you."

She bows respectfully, clearly considering all of her fellow Pathfinders her superior.

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Tengu Druid (Storm Druid) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:15 T:13 FF:12 | CMB:-1 , CMD:11 | F:4 R:2 W:6 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | 1st Level 0/2 | Storm Burst: 3/8 | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 6 | Knowledge (Nature): 7 | Linguistics: 6 | Perception: 10 | Profession (Navigator): 8 | Survival: 12

"Human and Half-Orc, Nagaji and Tengu! Such a fortuitous gathering to see others from Tian Xia." caws the tengu shortly after entering the room.

His garb is dark earthy leathers bleached by the sun in certain places and the feathers cresting his head are a mix of midnight blues and blacks.

He deeply bows to each companion individually.

"My name is Taizen. May our journey be graced with clear skies."

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

There is a great deal of bowing as Kahwen returns the bows delivered to him. He looks to his companions, finding himself comfortable with them, already. Like all good Pathfinders, they seem to place themselves behind the mission and their companions rather than seeking glory or leadership.

"Always a delight to see a fellow Tengu, friend Taizen. Here's hoping the shadows hide us and part around our enemies."

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Condition: None

Before the starts a tall female elf enters the room, She shakes off her long over coat to get the dust off it. Under it she has on a simple but well made uniform. Its of a design that is hard to place. As she walks across a room, keen eyes scan the faces there. A few of which tip a hat or nod a head her way as she looks at them. She seems to be know. Each one she looks at and gives a curt nod back. She spots Jeskit and heads over taking a seat.

"Its good to see you again Jeskit, I see you are well"

Always a little cold, this is about as friendly as she ever gets.

She nods as other come over. and says to the group close to them.

"I'm the Lady Alya De Qill, A... specialist in history and other... things. If you need any help you need only ask."

As Sheila Heidmarch talks she takes notes into a little note book from a pouch in her belt.
As she ends Alya puts her hand up and asks a question.

"You said this artefact has ancient Thassilonian runes on it. Do you have a rubbing of them or a scribes copy? I think we here would like to see them if we could"

She smiles as she says this and winks at the group.

Here to help if you need it, think of her as a helpful NPC when you get stuck. GM you ok with that?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

A Varisian man joins in the discussion. He is wearing very colorful apparel and a necklace that depicts an image of a butterfly hangs around his neck, the image of Desna. "By Desna's stardust! What a wonderful assemblage of heroes."

He gives a polite bow to everyone in the room. "Merrill Alfasier, at your service. Allow me to cement your heroic deeds as I pass them along to others, be it song or declamation."

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza bows politely to the new faces. "Kenza Bloodborn. I look forward to serving you."

Eyeing Merrill, Kenza seems apprehensive. Another bard? she thinks. Kenza takes a steadying breath. Hopefully he's not as cowardly as the last one.

Reminding herself to be respectful Kenza attempts to smile at Merrill in order to rectify her disrespect. It's a fearsome sight, but well meant.


***OVERSEER POST***

VC Sheila Heidmarch

Even before the venture-captain arrives, the theater in Heidmarch Manor is crammed with Pathfinders. Heidmarch enters quietly, then slips through the crowd, takes the stage, and speaks. “Tonight, the Council of Ushers is sponsoring a pre-auction gala, to be hosted at the Cathedral of Abadar. During the party, the auctioneers intend to display the Runecarved Key in order to entice potential bidders. Anyone serious about entering the auction will be required to place a deposit of ten thousand gold coins in an escrow account at the cathedral.

“We need you to attend this event, both to submit our deposit as well as to determine who else might be interested in the key. While most of those attending received invitations, the event is semi-private and open to anyone with enough money to place serious bids. While the city provided me with an invitation, my appearance would give our many enemies cause for suspicion. For this reason, I ask that all of you go in my stead, and enter as my proxies. Still, we do not want out enemies to speculate on our own intentions. For this reason you must keep a low profile and avoid seeming too eager about the key. Each of you will be given a portion of the full deposit to take to the temple to present to Proctor Imikar”

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza nods as the first part of their mission becomes apparent.

"Thank you, ma'am." she intones automatically.

Observe and report. An easy task.

Despite her large stature and tattoos, Kenza had always found it easy to be forgettable. It was a necessary skill for a servant, and a useful tool for any Pathfinder.

Casting a glance at her exotic looking colleagues, she wonders if they'll manage to remain 'low-key.' Kenza was certain their exotic appearances would raise a few eyebrows.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

Easy, peasy. Many hands make light work. Nothing can possibly go wrong. Jeskit grins to himself easily pushing down the beast inside him.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza cocks her head at Jeskit.

Was he taking this seriously?

She couldn't be sure. The customs in this country were strange to her. After watching the nagaji for a while, Kenza returns her gaze to the stage, awaiting further instructions.

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Tengu Druid (Storm Druid) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:15 T:13 FF:12 | CMB:-1 , CMD:11 | F:4 R:2 W:6 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | 1st Level 0/2 | Storm Burst: 3/8 | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 6 | Knowledge (Nature): 7 | Linguistics: 6 | Perception: 10 | Profession (Navigator): 8 | Survival: 12

"Oh, what a curious event. We will deliver the deposit lightning quick! Then we can meet all the bidders!" says Taizen clearly excited about the different people that will attend but under the surface he thinks of the situation.

There are no storms without clouds. I am sure many clouds will attend the event.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

This will be interesting! We will certainly do something wrong!


Solstice Scar

I goofed up and put the next gameplay post in the discussion thread. Please go view the post in the discussion tab, then carry on here.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

Kalangkang has no sign on himself that would reveal that he is a Pathfinder and he does not have Wayfinder.

Kalangkang is trying to locate Zimandi Kaddren.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

Kahwen has not been told NOT to display his Wayfinder and it is his most prized possession and pride and joy so it hangs from a chain on his neck. He shows no other signs of being a Pathfinder, though are any really needed?

Like any good Pathfinder, he glanced at the names in the book, memorizing as many of them as he could before it was snapped shut.

One brought a scowl to his face. Though he's never dealt with them, he's heard enough stories about the Aspsis Consortium to know they are enemies of the Society. The need watching.

But then, he doesn't know who this Maiveer Sloan is, so he just has to look for someone who seems to be part of the Consortium.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Looking for members of the Apsis Consortium.

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Tengu Druid (Storm Druid) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:15 T:13 FF:12 | CMB:-1 , CMD:11 | F:4 R:2 W:6 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | 1st Level 0/2 | Storm Burst: 3/8 | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 6 | Knowledge (Nature): 7 | Linguistics: 6 | Perception: 10 | Profession (Navigator): 8 | Survival: 12

Taizen does not yet have his Wayfinder. Nothing else of note calling to the Pathfinders.

After glimpsing the ledger Taizen bows to the man and his eyes narrow while looking for the Apsis leader.

Their stink is carried upon the winds in far too many corners of the land. It will be trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

He also looks for Kahwen to join him as two Tengu would be plausibly together.

Haha, looks like he is already looking for them

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

Jeskit has no wayfinder yet. Nothing else of note.

Jeskit will mill about the room and make small talk in the hopes of finding information about Zimandi Kaddren. I saw a name I did not recognize, a Zimandi Kaddren. Didn't want to be at cross-purposes with anyone. Jeskit explains to his group before they split up.

diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

POO

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza has no Wayfinder. However, she has ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs tattooed upon her flesh. A prominent one on her chest, near her collar bone reads 'Pathfinder'. Anyone capable of reading the hieroglyphs can easily identify her as one.

Kenzahands over the funds with a respecfful nod. "I will be sure to inform her of your gratitude," she replies. She got a good look at the book, identifying more than a few interested parties.

Once inside she slips into the room, lingering stoic and silent around the perimeter of the room. As the Runecarved key is unveiled she watches the crowd, and listens to their gossip, curious who among them are serious bidders and who are only here for the spectacle.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Shes not trying to find anyone in particular, but to discern who the most serious bidders are by watching the crowds and eavesdropping on their interactions.


Solstice Scar

Kalankang surveys the room, and subtly asks a few questions. After a few minutes of working the room, someone points him towards his target. A strikingly handsome Chelaxian woman with deep, dark eyes and black hair steps forward to admire the key. She is richly dressed in a flowing gown cut to the very latest in Magnimarian fashion.

Taizen and Kahwen are easily able to spot a gaunt, fashionably dressed Chelaxian handshakes his way through the room, accompanied by a half-dozen followers who appear to be equal parts attendant and bodyguard. Several other guests have confirmed that he is the Aspis agent you seek.

Jeskit attempts to ask around about Zimandi Kaddren. He approaches a well dressed dwarf, and attempts to strike up a conversation. After a few moments, she throws a drink in his face and swiftly exits the conversation. As she walks away, Jeskit realizes that that she was in fact a halfling.

Kenza, while not looking for someone in particular, is able to spot someone who has the look of someone who might be bidding on the Key. A squat halfling, dressed in plain clothes skates about the edge of the crowd, his eyes flitting back and forth between the key and the exit.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

But what is a halfling-dwarf? Jeskit walks away confused and looks for one of his compatriots to help.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

Kahwen spots his quarry and glances toward Taizen, having much the same thought as the other tengu. When he realizes they have picked the same target he smiles faintly, or at least displays the tengu expression of amusement, then nods.

He hands over a wand. "I'm sure I'll need you to use this for me before this is all over," he says.

CLW Wand

With that done, he nods toward the Aspis agent then moves to trail him, trying to get close enough to overhear but not be spotted.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Tengu Druid (Storm Druid) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:15 T:13 FF:12 | CMB:-1 , CMD:11 | F:4 R:2 W:6 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | 1st Level 0/2 | Storm Burst: 3/8 | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 6 | Knowledge (Nature): 7 | Linguistics: 6 | Perception: 10 | Profession (Navigator): 8 | Survival: 12

"A wand! Let us hope it is not needed but you have my word to use it if necessary." he bows and looks over the wand before stowing it away carefully.

It seems he is sneaking ahead...I fear I would give him away if I tried to join. I will look for another.

Taizen maneuvers through the crowd greeting others along the way while listening for the Museum of Ancients representative, Dr. Ernst Landis.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

After Kalangkang finds Zimandi Kaddren, he starts looking for Falrig Sneve.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza keeps an eye on the squat halfling, curious if he's intending to try to steal the key. She moves around the perimeter of the room, ensuring she has sight of the halfling, but is between him and the exit. Just in case.


Solstice Scar

Kenza - After observing the halfling for a bit, you can tell that he is trying to make himself discreet. He keeps his eyes on the entrance and generally seems quite nervous. Whether that is because he is up to no good, or because he is scared of something remains to be seen.

GM:
GM: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Kahwen - as you attempt to approach stealthily, you see the Aspis agent's gaze fall squarely on you. His eyes dart briefly to the wayfinder around your neck, and a sneer crosses his face, before he goes back to ignoring you and scanning the rest of the crowd.

Kalangkang - You scan the crowd, and spot a figure you think you recognize. You recall an article you read a while back about a collector that lived in Magnimar named Falrig Sneve, complete with picture. Toward the back of the room stands a gray-haired man in his early fifties, dressed in fine silken robes and flanked by two muscular guards. The man nervously fingers a small silver coin, flipping it about in his fingers.

The main point of this part of the adventure is identifying your competition. Once they are identified, you may interact with them to try to learn more about them. It may help you later on, but it isn't your primary objective right now. I'm going to let you guys keep making checks (1 at a time) until we run out of time here. So far everyone but Merrill has made one check. Kalakang has made two. I'm not going to bot Merrill yet, because there is no reason he can't make however many checks he is due when he can post. I'll bot him if this section is ending and he hasn't posted yet. So everyone except Kalakang, feel free to post another action (or two actions for Merrill), and I'll resolve them in my next post.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Certain she can keep an eye on the shifty halfling, Kenza tries to multi-task, looking for anyone who looks like they might be 'The Duchesses.'

Careful to keep at least some of her attention on the halfling as she does.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

Jeskit will redouble his efforts to help and attemt to identify another target, Doctor Ernst Landis representing the Museum of Ages.

diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

Merrill tries to start a conversation with some of the personages in the auction house. He is interested to know what everyone has their eyes set on. "A pleasure to meet you good man," he says to one of the attendees. "There is a fair lot of interesting items up for bid. What is it that you would want to bid for, if you don't mind me asking?'"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

While conversing, he takes a glance here and there to try to take note of where Dymal Rinks and Zimandi Kaddren are.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Merrill Alfasier doesn't have a Wayfinder yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

Kahwen is brought up short as the Consortium agent obviously spots him. He grasps his Wayfinder much more to comfort himself than to try to hide it or noting what gave him away.

He gives the man a stern glare, but knows he will learn nothing if he knows he is around so he notes as much about the man as he can before turning to another task.

Raking through his memory, he decides to look for exporters.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Solstice Scar

In general, I'm looking for knowledge local or diplomacy for these checks. You don't really know what these people look like, so it is more an issue of figuring out who they are than actually spotting them in the room

Kenza works the room a bit. She meets several Duchesses. But they are all actuall Duchesses, and not the ones bidding on the key.

Jeskit - Near the front of the gathering, vying for a look at the key, stands a balding, weathered old man wearing heavy robes stitched with runes. Despite his age, his face beams with a boyish grin as he gazes at the curious artifact. You believe this is the good Doctor.

Merrill -After making a bit of small talk with a gorgeous noblewoman, you mention that you are looking for Zimandi Kaddren. She helpfully points you to a woman approaching the key. A strikingly handsome Chelaxian woman with deep, dark eyes and black hair steps forward to admire the key. She is richly dressed in a flowing gown cut to the very latest in Magnimarian fashion. You have no luck locating Dymal Rinks.

Kahwen - your target proves to be elusive. No one seems to know anything about anyone working for exporters or anyone by the name Kresch Vaor.

On to 'round 3', as it were

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza's horrible at both those skills. But, if that's what you need:

Kenza approaches the shifty halfling.

"Greetings, sir." she bows respectfully. "Quite and interesting piece, is it not?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

After Kalangkang finds Falrig Sneve, he starts looking for Dymal Rinks.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 3rd [HP 13/18, AC 20(21) /ff 15 /t 15(18), Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2, Init +5, Per +10, Spd 30']

With his next search proving even more fruitless than his first, Kahwen decides it might be interesting to meet some Duchesses. He just has to figure out the right ones.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Tengu Druid (Storm Druid) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:15 T:13 FF:12 | CMB:-1 , CMD:11 | F:4 R:2 W:6 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | 1st Level 0/2 | Storm Burst: 3/8 | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 6 | Knowledge (Nature): 7 | Linguistics: 6 | Perception: 10 | Profession (Navigator): 8 | Survival: 12

Taizen while still looking for the Doctor attempts to recall anything of note in his short time here.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

Merrill approaches the Chelaxian woman and joins her in viewing the key. "Such a lovely piece, isn't she. But not as lovely as you. A pleasure to meet you Zimandi Kaddren. Are you thinking of bidding for the said key?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Solstice Scar

Kenza - Oh, what? huh? Um... yea, I guess it's pretty nice. I apologize, but I'm pretty busy here. I need to appraise this key for one of my clients... The halfling brusquely brushes you off, and returns to nervously scanning the room. You remain unaware of what his reasons might be.

Kalakang - You are unable to locate Dymal, but you do learn a bit about him. He is a halfling who works as a merchant arbitrator. He is very well known for his abilities to broker deals, specifically for rare or expensive artifacts.

Kahwen - You succeed where Jeskit failed. You pick up on the clue that the Duchesses is plural, and begin looking for two women together. Two women stand to the side of the cathedral, conversing softly between
themselves. Both are dressed in Varisian travelers’ clothes draped with thick cloaks. Thinking they look promising, you ask around a bit, and are able to quickly confirm the pair are indeed the Duchesses.

Taizen - You spend a few moments trying to recall what you remember of the Doctor. You think you remember his face, and sure enough you see Jeskit eyeing the doctor from across the room (Jeskit identified the Doctor with his last roll). You do remember that he is the curator of Magnimar's local Museum of Ages. He is not a wealthy man, and it would be unethical to purchase the key with Museum funds (as the museum is funded by the city and the auction is to raise funds for the city, it becomes somewhat circular), so you have some questions as what he is even doing bidding on the key.

Merrill - Ah, yes, it is a lovely piece, is it not? There are many fascinating theories about what the key may have been used for. I'd love the opportunity to study it. And who might I be speaking with? Zimandi is a consummate aristocrat, and has thus far given up little of interest through her demeanor. She seems honest and forthright so far.

Alright, lets move on to 'round 4'. This will likely be the last chance before the Overseer moves us on to the next section of the module. Jeskit has two actions pending. Merrill, feel free to post another skill check for someone else and also continue conversing with Zimandi.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Arcanist 7 | HP 44/44 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Arcane pool: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3th 4/4 | Active conditions: None. | Prescience 6/6

Kalangkang continue looking for Dymal Rinks.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Urban Bloodrager 2 HP 24/24 | AC 22/13/19| F+6 R+3 W+1: +2 vs. mind-affecting effects and poison | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Speed: 40ft | Familiar: within arms reach | *RAGING*

This auction is quite the ordeal. Will you be placing a bid, Doctor?

diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

OMG

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +7, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/2 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh? And whom do you represent?"

When she's done speaking with this guy, if he hasn't introduced himself she's going to ask around to determine who he is.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 1

A diplomat, I am not.

1 to 50 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Yogadragon Race for the Runecarved Key Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.