Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


401 to 450 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios looks to Keebler, then points at the illuminated crevice.

Would you have any interest in crawiling inside?

He looks over his shoulder to the conversation behind him.

I am all for taking out that overstuffed Dakang. He is a threat to us and the completion of our mission. That is enough for me. You just let me know, I am with you.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

With a final couple taps of his crowbar, Keebler shrugs off his pack. "Alright, but be ready to pull me out if I start screaming." Drawing his longsword, the gnome begins to worm his way into the crevice.

Escape artist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Unable to get himself to fit, he looks at his fellow Pathfinders, "I don't suppose anyone has some lube? Or a spell that would make me smaller than I already am?"

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Why grease the pig, if all you want is the tail?", Gristav quotes. "I mean, if your head will fit, the rest of you will, too. But your eyes are all you need, to see what's in there. So use a mirror. The coin did not fall far, there isn't much to see..."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Keebler, no reason you can't take 20, which would let you make it inside. Hoping I don't step on anyone's toes on this.

Keelber twists and turns and manages to get far enough to see inside.

Keebler:
Inside you see a set of battered brass scales. You could easily reach out your hand and grab them.

Degwyn:
I've only had limited experiences myself, but from those same faction knew they were same faction. Of course that's really up to the PCs. I'd recommend PM'ing Gristav and asking him if he's fine with it.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Good point. I forget about taking 20 too often.

"What an odd place for those," Keebler says from inside the confined space. With one arm, he reaches out and takes the item. With it securely in his grip, he begins to wiggle back out, extended his free hand toward his egress. "Filios, lend me a hand would you?""

Having extracted himself from the base of the sarcophagus, he proudly holds out the set of brass scales he found. "A small stature has its advantages in archaeology. Now then, what exactly do we have here?" The gnome begins turning the scales over in his hands as he studies them.

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Omen.", Gristav says. "Justice has been put into our hands. Perhaps, your hands. You may not know, but Andoran said there may be such a symbol here. They sent me word to watch for it. I had forgotten, but... There it is. Justice hidden, justice found."

Andoran

Indeed, the folks in Almas will be very happy to see that artifact. Degwyn says nodding to Gristav.

Now we just need to figure out how this piece fits our puzzle. I hope it's the proof we've been looking for.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"It seems common enough, but one does not hide what one does not fear others may know...", Gristav muses aloud, considering the scales.

Cheesy 'rolling all my skills' barrage, go! Oh, OK, just Appraise.

Appraise +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Fendahl and lion are starting to look around, either bored or hungry, or both...

"Hrrrmm, yes...the scales indeed represent the justice that seems to be absent in this place. Is it ours to enact that justice or are we here to observe and depart with our notes? Either way we have unfinished business in other parts of the temple..."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Yes. It seems we've done what we were sent to do. Now let's do what we were meant to do. I have a thing or two to say to Zhuang, and those Angels..."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gristav:
The scales worth seems to be less economical and more sentimental. Thus worthless for selling.

Your final task here completed, a set of scales recovered, you discuss how next to proceed when a low growl erupts from Fendahl's lion's throat. Turning down the corridor, Fendahl sees a strange creature come shambling into view from the southern doorway. This creature's bloated frame shudders with each heaving step, yet despite its shape, the thing moves with surprising quickness. The hostility form this unnatural form is obvious, as it's intent upon all of you.

Round 1
Fendahl
Filios
Keelber
Degwyn
Gristav
???

If anyone would like to make a knowledge check, roll me a d20 and list your applicable knowledge skill modifiers.

Dice:

Degwyn 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Fendahl 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Filios 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Gristav 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Keebler 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
??? 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Andoran

Dark days! It's the balor!

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Man the door!", Gristav shouts, "Archers in turns!"

Arcane Pool, 1 pt and a swift action to make his longbow +1

Longbow +1, d20+3 to hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage d8+1 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

LOL

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Knowledge (arcana/dungeoneering/planes/religion) +9/+10/+5/+10: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Drawing his crossbow, Keebler abandons the scale on the floor. He dashes atop the sarcophagus resting against the wall to get a clear shot as the creature enters the crypt.

Hoping I can fire over Filios's head with a readied action when the beastie walks in the door.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gristav pulls out his bow and takes a shot at the creature, striking the wall. (Remember that Fendahl's lion provides soft cover, giving a -4 to hit).

Keebler jumps atop a Sarcophagus and prepares to fire for when the creature enters.

Keebler:
The creature before you is a dretch, a type of demon. Such a creature is resistant to normal weapons (DR 5/magic or cold iron) as well as elemental forces (Resist Acid/Cold/Fire 10)

Round 1
Fendahl
Filios
Keebler (Move to top of sarcophagus, Standard to ready an attack)
Degwyn
Gristav (Swift for Arcane Enhancement, Move to draw?, standard to fire)
???

Andoran

Degwyn steps forward intending to take advantage of both the doorway and his reach when the monster gets close.

I don't like dead ends. Fendahl, what will it take to get the door to the garden open?

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios moves to a position next to the door to effectuate a flank when the creature enters the crypt.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Just waiting on Fendahl.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Sorry for the holdup tonight...finally the kids are asleep.

Fendahl urges the lion to move and be readied to attack as soon as the creature enters the room. This should give others a clearer shot down hallway.

Fendahl will check the boarded up door to see if he can open it (if possible) - he assumes the door is boarded up from the outside and no boards are visible within.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Hrrmm Degwyn, I am not sure I am strong enough to break out of this room without help. We may have to deal with the creature first."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Degwyn and Filios move to flank the doorway, waiting for the creature to come forward, while Fendahl sends his lion to assist and attempts to batter down the boarded doorway. The creature's approach gives the half-elf the surge of strength he needs, and the doorway bursts open into the garden.

The creature itself quickly shambles down the hallway towards your direction.

Round 2, your'e all up.

Round 1
Fendahl (Bursts open boarded door)
Lion (Moves near door)
Filios (Moves near door)
Keebler (Move to top of sarcophagus, Standard to ready an attack)
Degwyn (Moves near door)
Gristav (Swift for Arcane Enhancement, Move to draw?, standard to fire)
Dretch (Double move)

Round 2
Fendahl
Filios
Keebler
Degwyn
Gristav
Dretch

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Gris takes a step back from the forming battle line, (onto the sarcophagus("Terribly sorry, no disrespect...", if needed for a clear shot), and again fires his longbow. If the skill was a gift from Erastil, perhaps that Power might bestow some, luck, now...

d20+3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
d8+1 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

...then again, maybe not.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Round 2; AC: 17; HP: 9/10

Filios nods across the door frame to Degwyn with his Curveblade poised to strike. Filios is holding his attack action until the creature steps through the doorway.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Lion readies to attack the creature if it steps into the room.

"Well Degwyn, I did it...so if we need to run from whatever it is, we now have an exit."

Fendahl will draw his scimitar and peer out the unbarred door to ensure a Balor is not waiting on the other side. :-P

Andoran

Thank you, Fendahl! Now we have options should we suddenly need to evacuate this room.

Degwyn prepares to power attack as soon as the monster is within his reach.

att: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Round 2; AC: 17; HP: 9/10; Flanking

@Degwyn: Don't forget to add the +2 for flanking to hit.

Filios' attacks when Degwyn does, from a flanking position.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
1d10 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (2) = 13

Andoran

I'm not sure flanking applies because I'm attacking with a reach weapon before he actually enters the door. If I'm wrong, I will smile and add +2 to the attack roll.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

It would still work...I may just have to wait longer to get the flank that I am requiring on my attack. Knowing that I am a rogue and desiring flank to be most effective, may change your tactics to not use the reach capabilities of your weapon just yet? :-)

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Is it not true that the reach attack's timing is unimportant to the Flanking status, which only asks about counter placement? Is it not also true that if the creature moves within Degwyn's reach(and that move is not a 5' step), that Degwyn gets an AoO? So by saving his attack for maximum range, Degwyn might get a 2nd attack? Particularly if he's just missed, an overconfident beasty might elect not to worry about the AoO.

Anyone know what that thing is? I appear to have packed the wrong skills. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

"Hit it hard, boys," Keebler calls out, "These demons are resistant to ordinary steel. I'd recommend cold iron if you've got any."

For when he gets to the shot
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
+1 for higher ground on the sarcophagus, but not sure if I'm clear of intervening cover.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Just waiting on Keebler

Round 2
Fendahl (Move and peer out door)
Lion (Ready attack to strike)
Filios (Delay)
Keebler
Degwyn (Ready attack to strike)
Gristav (Longbow shot, miss)
Dretch

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
Keebler Keggincurdle wrote:
"Hit it hard, boys," Keebler calls out, "These demons are resistant to ordinary steel. I'd recommend cold iron if you've got any."

"I've empowered the bow, which will carry to the arrow. Assuming the arrow actually finds the thing...

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Going to ready until I can pelt it with bolts from atop the sarcaphogus.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As the creature moves into the room, a flurry of attacks happen.

Degwyn manages to strike the creature, weapon sinking into it's body. As it does though, it is met with resistance, as though the creature is resilient to your weapon.

Keebler attempts a shot of his own, but fails to strike the creature.

Filios, are you going to take your attack now? The creature didn't move far enough in for you to flank. Also I need a roll for Fendahl's lion.

The creature attempts to claw at Filios, but fails to connect with the nimble rogue.

Keebler:
From your current vantage, you have a +1 for height, but you also have a -4 from soft cover (other PCs), as well as -4 for shooting into a melee without precise shot. Just a heads up.

Round 2
Fendahl (Move and peer out door)
Lion (Ready attack to strike)
Filios (Delay)
Keebler (Ready attack)
Degwyn (Ready attack to strike)
Gristav (Longbow shot, miss)
Dretch (Moves forward and attacks Filios, miss)

Round 3
Fendahl
Lion
Filios
Keebler
Degwyn
Gristav
Dretch

Dice:

DvF 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

I am sorry, but I cannot see the map at work. If the creature moved into the room and Degwyn and I are at both sides of the door, how do I not have flank?

In any event, I will certainly attack now that he has attacked me. Please use the rolls from above - 21 to hit (19 if no flank) and 13 damage (11 if no flank).

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Lion takes her readied attack on beast bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Fendahl is going to switch to his cold iron dagger.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
Filios Philandril wrote:

I am sorry, but I cannot see the map at work. If the creature moved into the room and Degwyn and I are at both sides of the door, how do I not have flank?

The room slants at the door. Degwyn is one space more west(map 'up') than where you'd need him to be for a flank. Conversely, the wall prevents you from stepping to where you'd need to be for a flank. It's almost as if some great nefarious power suspected an attack from the hall might be defended from within the room, by flankers. :)

.....G.w
....L.Dw
..KFfEw
wwwwwd

G)ristav
w)all
d)oor
D)egwyn
K)eebler
F)endahl
f)ilios
E)nemy
L)ion

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Thanks Gris, I see the issue. My attack will stand then.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Gristav again plies his longbow, magicked limbs charging the broad biting blade with arcane energies as it is drawn near the bowstave, twisting tendrils of unseen unction wrapping round the deadly dart, suddenly released...

d20+3 to hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

all the purple prose, and the RNG is unimpressed. :)

Andoran

What the! This is bad! We need a plan!

Not sure what else to do, Degwyn swings again.

attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22
damage (resisted): 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Will acids harm this thing? Anyone know? It would take forever. Get around it? Through the garden...?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As the creature continues to move in, Filios, Fendahl's lion (do you have a name for her out of curiousity?), and Degwyn continue the assault, battering the creature repeatedly. Though the attacks are resisted by the creature's hide, eventually even it gives way. The creature falls and proceeds to disappear.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Fendahl and the lion Kirrah look on in surprise as the slain creature disappears.

"great job everyone...you have slain the Balor. Hrrmmm. They are tough buggers, now I see why you were so concerned."

:)

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler frowns as the demon fades from view and he holsters his crossbow across his back. "That wasn't a balor - it was a dretch. Much less potent than a balor, but troublesome none the less. The fact that any Abyssal creatures are running about this monastery only reinforces the fact that Dakang is not who he says he is." The gnomes expression darkens. "Of course, without a corpse for evidence, we have no further proof of his treachery with which to sway the acolytes."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"We've these other bones, though that could be turned against us. I know I could turn it against us. I was taught as a child, facts are clay; history is art. We might yet show someone here the brush strokes. Zhuang and the angels, are where I'd start. And Dakang is where it will end, I'll wager. Gastidem did not command such a... dretch, you said?"

Andoran

Indeed, Zhuang and the angels are probably our best start. We should avoid contact with Dakang until we have presented all of our truth to the worshipers. Hopefully we can convince them of his deceit before we confront Dakang.

Looking where the dretch fell and disappeared, shaking his head Such cowardice. We certainly need to be on our toes, Dakang knows we're on to him and it looks like things are going to escalate quickly. Good thing Kirrah was watching the door so we weren't taken completely off-guard.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"I was about to storm down that hallway...", Gristav reflects. "I would have come running back, I'm sure..." he says, smiling. Then he grins. "Say... what if I had? What if it did chase me back among them? I could produce such an image. But it wouldn't prove anything, it would just suggest the first was a trick, too."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25() Touch 12(12) Flat 24/27; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {d }

Fendahl gathers up his dropped scimitar and if the skeletons had any items as well and prepares to leave with the others.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

If the scales were not yet being carried from the room, Gristav will take them with him, comparing them to the statues as he passes each. Do they belong to one of the statues?

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios moves out into the hallway as well, and he peers back down the hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gristav:
The scales do not belong to any statue that you can see.

Filios:
You see nothing in the hallway.

401 to 450 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.