Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


251 to 300 of 554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Gristav always carries his staff. It will be in hand. His longbow will be unreadied, but present, and strung. Neither will be in his mind as weapons, though. He'll be too busy trying to get the GM to roll against his skills. :)

Andoran

Degwyn's fingers hammer on the shaft of his glaive as he considers various outcomes of upcoming confession. Will Gastedim tell the truth? Is Dakang really unfaithful? Will the worshipers embrace the truth? Will the team be expelled from the temple? Will the worshipers continue to be courteous or turn aggressive? Do they even want to hear the truth?

He clicks his tongue. Has to be done, the truth must be told and the assembly will have to decide what action to take. If Dakang is doing as we currently suspect he has enslaved these people with his lies and I cannot stand for that.

Degwyn will enter the chapel with his glaive in hand/resting on his shoulder, an absent-minded habit.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As Fendahl looks at Gastidem, he visibly pales, obvious by his expression his planned intent. "I won't try that again."

Entering the chapel, you see a gathering of what be most of the temple's inhabitants. The ceiling extends 30' up and the floor is covered in evenly spaced prayer mats. An elaborate stone font stands at one end of the chapel, although the font is empty.

An obese human man sits confidently to the podium on the high balcony in the chapel. He is draped in layers of cloth trimmed with small bells that jingle lightly as he moves. The man’s bald head is surrounded by a thin fringe of gray hair, but the lower half of his face is wrapped in a white silk scarf stitched with a line of unusual double-arrow symbols.

As you enter, everyone turns to stare at you. At the west end of the hallway, three beautiful aasmiar women, assuredly the bodyguards, stand watch. Seeing you enter, feeling the tension in the air, they each firm their grips on their spears and step defensively forward. One of them calls out, "What is going on here?"

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
GM Xzaral wrote:
As Fendahl looks at Gastidem, he visibly pales, obvious by his expression his planned intent. "I won't try that again."

I want to make sure I'm reading that correctly. Gastidem is no longer planning to be difficult? Well, let's hope not. It looks difficult enough already.

GM Xzaral wrote:

...the font is empty.

An obese human man... the lower half of his face wrapped in a white silk scarf stitched with a line of unusual double-arrow symbols.

As you enter, everyone turns to stare at you. At the west end of the hallway, three beautiful aasimar women, assuredly the bodyguards, stand watch. Seeing you enter, feeling the tension in the air, they each firm their grips on their spears and step defensively forward. One of them calls out, "What is going on here?"

"An excellent question.", Gristav replies, stepping forward in mimickry of their motion if not their manner. "It is our question, as well, with an answer that seems almost willfully elusive. What is going on here? Can anyone here say they actually know?" Gristav halfheartedly holds a hand halfway up, and looks over the gathered for some eager certainty. But not for very long. "No? Then that is excellent, as well. A common agreement, that we are lost, can be our start to finding each other." Gristav smiles, (particularly at either the human or halfling women he's already met, if they are present), and introduces himself, "I am Gristav, and this noble gnome, the knowledgable Keebler Kegginkurdle. When we asked, I think, perhaps too many burdensome questions of your Master Zhuang, he suggested we all come here. I'm surely glad we have." Gristav allows his awareness of the Aasimari beauty to lend color to his words.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler steps forward, next to Gristav as his name is called out. With as much reverence as he can must to mask the annoyance in his voice, the gnome speaks up as the magus finishes, "Dakang, I presume?" The gnome offers a mock bow to the obese man, "We are Pathfinders, sent to this holy temple of the divine Korada to study and understand the rituals and worship of such an enlightened being. His acolytes honor him by being so accommodating to our unannounced arrival.

"However, it is with much regret that what we've discovered is anything but honor to the Empyreal Lord. Heresy and deception abound, our time and research here has been largely wasted." He reaches for Gastidem and shoves him out ahead of the party. "In part by this non-believer."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Gristav's brow wrinkles at the ungentle presentation of Gastidem. He sighs, then looks again at the empty font, there across the room. His attention plain, he tucks his staff under an arm while he carefully picks his way between the seated worshippers toward it. ("Excuse me... Pardon me.") He draws out a pad and a charcoal pencil, and begins to sketch the font on his pad, (badly...) paying particular attention to detail.

Appraise+7, KN:Arcana+7, Spellcraft+7. UMD? Making four rolls, in order, in case any apply.
Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

At first the others in attendance attempt to shush you, but Dakang silences them. "While understanding the meaning of the riddles of life are indeed a pleasant pasttime, there are times that call for direct methods. I would ask you to explain clearly what you mean. What evidence do you have that Gastidem is a non-believer, evidence powerful enough to merit interrupting our prayers to Korada I would hope."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler does a double-take as he realizes Gristav has begun sketching the font. With a sign and shake of his head, his focus returns to Dakang, "Evidence by his own admission." He prods the gnome in the back.

If Gastidem remains silent, Keebler will add: "Your 'kiss of Korada' ritual is nothing more than an elaborate mechanical trap."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"I think we all share that hope. The evidence is his own words. Which seems strong enough, until he also impugns your faith, and claims that you knew of his trapped tortoise, and the deceiving drugs and serrated blades that have... made the cost hard to count.", Gristav says, continuing to ponder the dry font. "Other evidences in the garden, in the library, and... behind the barred doors?, support the ugly suppositions his words have seeded. Master Zhuang makes the perfectly correct observation, that you ought to have the opportunity to address these concerns. We are entirely in agreement." At this point Gristav looks up, and asks, "If... this is a bad time...?"

oops, I guess it sort of works with Keebler's... I'll let it ride.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios steps up next to Keebler and wiggles his fingers on one hand.

More importantly, the mechanical farce was taken so far as to leave some of the true followers maimed for life.

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25(28) Touch 12(12) Flat 24; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {barkskin}

Fendahl makes room for the more diplomatic of the party to continue their conversation with the occupants of the front of the hall.

He (and the cat) are keeping more of an eye on the other participants and Gastidem to gauge their response to the dialog unfolding (and ensure Gastidem does not have a change of heart or plans).

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Fendahl is also making mental notes of the room layout and font...wondering if a ritual was about to take place or still may occur.

Andoran

Like Fendahl, Degwyn stands aside and lets the others speak for the group. He remains calm and quiet while doing his best to appear non-threatening as long as the discussion doesn't get too heated.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Dakang turns to Gastidem, "Is this true?"

Gastidem looks up at the party, then turns to Dakang. "Yes, yes it is."

The gathered audience gasps at this admission of guilt, but Dakang stares at the gnome. "My sadness at this turn of events is difficult to describe in words. But Korada is not without forgiveness. Perhaps there is still a chance to turn you back onto his path." Korada turns to you all. "I thank you for bringing this information to light. Please, stay for the services, won't you?"

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Thank you, we would enjoy that.

Filios moves as close as possible to the font without drawing attention to himself and pays particular attention to the Assimars.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Whoa! When did the god himself get here?! I assume you meant to type 'Dakang turns to you all.'

Keebler stares blankly at Dakang, processing his words; his eyes focused on the mask over the lower half of Dakang's face. It was as if the double-arrows stitched upon it were calling for his attention. Finally a response takes shape in the gnome's mind. Before giving it a voice, however, the gnome looks to his companions for their reactions.

Andoran

Degwyn gets the attention of the others (before Filios gets too far away) to have a whispered conversation with them.

(whisper)If Dakang doesn't know we suspect he's up to something he cannot encourage our dismissal from the temple or make our movements difficult. Perhaps we focus on completing our mission, gather more evidence if possible before bringing this truth to the people here? What do you think?

He peeks around the group and toward Gastidem then back to the whispered conversation. We should ensure the flayleaf plant is destroyed and the turtle trap is disabled. I think we should stay together in case things get sticky, if you want to stay for the ceremony I'm with you.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Doh! mistype. And he's not a god, but an Empyreal Lord.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios nods to Degwyn and the others, but before heading to a spot near the font, he whispers.

I agree, let us stay silent concerning Dakang for now and stay for at least a portion of the ceremony. I have a keen interest in the Lotus blossoms that rumor says the font produces.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"With a single exception, you have all here been friendly and kind to us; we would surely wish not to disturb your ceremony", Gristav preambles, trying to read the mien of his companions, "Please, do go on." Gristav removes his hat, tucking it under his arm next to the staff, to quietly continue his 'sketching' examinations of the suspiciously-dry font.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Hearing Gristav speak, Keebler decides to hold his comment - for now. He takes a position at the back of the room where he can still view Dakang and his bodyguards and waits patiently for the service to resume.

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25(28) Touch 12(12) Flat 24; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {barkskin}

Fendahl nods in agreement to continuing the service. He watches if any of the other participants head for any of our group or the exits. Also, is Gastidem heading towards the font?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Dakang addresses the room as a whole now, the aasimar bodyguards on watch, a focus on you all. "Welcome to the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment. Korada shall provide." Dakang opens the service with a few meditative stretches. Afterwords he begins a lengthy sermon over Korada's holy city of Vantian, City of Open Windows, whose sacre residents are eternally engaged in prayer and maintenance of the city.

During this time Gastidem quietly waits in the back with you all.

As the sermon ends, Dakang once again addresses those in attendance. "We shall now assume the symbols of celestial silence and contemplation." In reverent silence, the worshippers begin marking each other's faces with double-arrow symbols above and below the eyes and below the mouth, using ink from vials.

As their own faces are marked, they gesture as though to mark yours as well.

Heal or Perception DC 15:
The markings look to appear as stitches around the eyes and mouth.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 20:
The double arrow mark belongs to the demon lord Sifkesh.

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25(28) Touch 12(12) Flat 24; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {barkskin}

From the back of the temple, Fendahl considers something to be not quite right with this ceremony and blessings.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Perception
Apparently not close enough to get a good look

Nevertheless, Fendahl will refuse any of the symbols being painted on him or his lion.

"Hrrm, No, but thank you. I have my own way of finding peace with Nature. For my notes though, can you explain the history of these markings or how they originated with Korada?"

Andoran

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Degwyn politely declines any attempt to mark his face or otherwise be involved directly in the ceremony.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Filios raises a hand before his face when they come near, scowls, and gently guides the followers away, declining any markings upon him.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

are the supposed Aasimar being painted as well?

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

sorry for double-posting, been too long to edit

Perception@-1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
^ for whatever you meant we roll for[ooc]
[ooc]Oh! That's fortuitous...

Gristav has replaced his hat, to free his hands for sketching during the service, but he'd stopped that as his charcoal pencil's skritch seemed more of a skreetch in the silences between the fatted {feted? fated?} priest's words. As the ink and brushes make the rounds, Gristav again begins to sketch, and to skritch.

{skritch... skreetch... skritch... stitch... stitch? Stitch.}, Gristav thinks, badly sketching the peaceful face of one painted parishioner, but careful to be correct on the proportions of the... well, there was no other name for it but 'stitch', now.

Might I take the narrative liberty of having the ink offered to Gristav by the halfling librarian?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The aasimar are not being painted, nor is Dakang, though his face is covered and has the markings on the veil.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

A perpetual scowl mares Keebler's features as he observes the sermon. He looks as if he wants to say something, but only barely manages to hold his tongue. Finally, as the acolytes begin to adorn their faces, the gnome steps away from the wall. He puts his hand up as the ink is offered in his direction.

In an intentionally loud voice Keebler say, "No thank you. I will not participate in this reverence to the lords of the Abyss." Without missing a beat, he looks directly at Dakang, "You use Korada's name before these acolytes, but your actions betray your service to darker powers. Is it Sifkesh? Or Dagon perhaps? It is his realm of Ishiar into which the city you speak of crumbles, is it not?"

Taking a step forward, the gnome points at the false master, "You underestimated us, Dakang. We are Pathfinders; ever on a quest for knowledge. And we know you for what you are - a deceiver and corrupter!"

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Oh dear...", Gristav says softly as Keebler accuses the accursed a-curate. Turning to the Aasimar which first spoke, he quite deliberately opens his arms to deny himself any defense, and says to her, "Please, hear us out. Let there be no battle here; these people could be hurt."

Andoran

Dark Days! I was hoping we'd do this differently...

Degwyn scans the room to see how people are reacting to the accusations.

Let's be calm and hear the evidence that needs to be provided. We've stumbled on some questionable things in the short time since our arrival. He says holding his hand out as if attempting to comfort the temple inhabitants. If there is truth to what we've discovered, I'm afraid you've been enslaved by deception. Please hear us out, we do not wish to engage in unnecessary violence...

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios moves to degwyn's side prepared to draw his sword, if necessary.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The room grows quiet at the accusations by Keebler, the aasimar bodyguars moving forward with hands on their spears. The silence is finally interrupted by Dakang letting out a laugh, resounding across the room. "I am afraid your strange humor eluded me at first. I assume you know Gastidem, young gnome, to pull a prank on our temple such as this?"

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

At the motion of the Aasimars, Gristav hisses to the one he'd spoke to, shocked, "Are you bodyguards or assassins?! Raise those staves!"

At Dakang's peal of laughter, Gris' eyes narrowed at the priest.
{Oh no, no you don't. Make a joke of it, and we'll never make it truth to them.}

"Yes, let's see, is it a joke?", Gristav interjects. "Gnomes are known for elaborate jokes. This would have been inspired.", Gris says, with a heated glance at the nearest Aasimar. He begins counting on his intact fingers...

"The font is dry. The garden overgrown. The food, 'provided'.", he says as he counts to three, then higher, each statement another intact digit, each question an expansive gesture. "Was it always thus? The statues are not on display. There are boards over the doors. Texts in the library have been altered. Others, lost. Patterns that suggest a sinister influence. When did this happen? The gardener plays at poisonous carnival games with the digits of the disciples, and when pressed, declares you, Dakang... at best, a Koradan apostate, and his accomplice, and at worst... well, that's the real question. The only question, all here should ask...", Gristav again meets the eye of that Aasimar, before turning to the false father, "Of you, Dakang, and of themself. Who are you?"

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25(28) Touch 12(12) Flat 24; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {barkskin}

Fendahl face shows surprise at the accusations leveled by his companions and the response of Dakang thinking it was a joke. He repositions in the back of the room, expecting an escalation of the debate. He silently looks from th Aasimars up to the balcony to see Dakang's response.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios draws his curveblade slowly from his back.

Are we going to get bloody, Dakang? Seriously?

Andoran

With his hand still outstretched, Degwyn moves forward eyeing the aasimars in case they decide to escalate the situation.

Mr. Gristav, I think it's best we don't crowd our friends here. A few paces backward if you will, please. Glancing up to Dakang and back to the aasimars he continues I ask again, please let us present the information we've uncovered. Let's exhaust our words before we engage with weapons. We came here with peaceful intent and only wish to discuss some inconsistencies we've discovered. There should be no reason to fear discussion of the truth.

Probably a pointless roll but I'll throw it in just to roll dice
diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

even if you can't Diplo Gristav/me, you can still have been heard by those nearby, so maybe that was one of those times things pay off.

"Degwyn, I thank you for your concern. I do not dismiss it. But these are a noble race, gifted by and given to good. I may gamble my life on their weapons' points, but all these peoples' souls, are gambled on our logical points. It's a fair bet. And if my risk helps to convince them, or even to slow their hand. And as you said, if we shouldn't fear discussion of the truth, then I shouldn't fear them while we do it."

Andoran

oh, the diplomacy roll was for the aasimar not gristav

Very well, sir.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler's scowl deepens as Dakang starts to laugh. "This is a very elaborate prank for just one gnome. And it certainly isn't amusing. What other sort of blasphemies to Korada might we find in the statuary or crypt?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"A discussion of the truth? I see why not, I have nothign to fear from interlopers who seem to seek to disrupt our way of life. I would beg you to begin, but have already done so. Texts altered in the library? In what way has this been performed? And surly that cannot be the only evidence brought against me. I am, afterall, locked away in my devotion to beloved Korada. How could I alter the texts?"

"And the statuary has been sealed away for disuse. We have little reason for it, and had hoped to simply prevent others from needlessly tending to it."

Sense Motive DC 20:

Dakang is aware of the services heretical connection, and is covering things up.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 25(28) Touch 12(12) Flat 24; F+11 R+7(8) W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {barkskin}

Fendahl listens to the exchange.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Sense Motive

"Bahhhh! Dakang, your very words expose your deceit. A temple of learning would not lock up knowledge for fear of others discovering truths...truths you would rather they not discover."

"Good people of this temple, Dakang is hiding the truth from you as clear as he is hiding behind his guardians up on his lofty balcony. Do not be fooled by his lies. Listen to your own hearts on what is right. "

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 Diplomacy

Wow, I was expecting to really botch the diplomacy...although that is untrained for what it is worth.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Oh, so close!

"How do you explain your own sermon; speaking of Vartian as if it was in Nirvana? It's established fact that that city is located in the realms of the Abyss. Your books refer to the sea belonging to the demon lord Dagon!" Keebler's voice raises in volume as he speaks. Eventually he pauses. Able to collect his temperament, he resumes, "We're not the only ones speaking out against you. Gastidem has admitted that his absence of faith is matched by your own." Keebler waits just long enough for the other gnome to confirm his statement. "How long have you been here, Dakang? When did you begin sowing the seeds of your deception? Well before any of these poor people arrived, I have no doubt."

Keebler looks sadly at the aasimar guards, then to those gathered between himself and Dakang. "It's your desire to honor the enlightened Korada, Empyreal Lord of foresight, forgiveness, and peace. This man," pointing to Dakang, "has deceived you all. Meditate on what you have heard today and I believe you will know we speak the truth." As a final gesture, Keebler traces an outward-bound spiral over his chest.

Since he has started pleading to the devotees:
Diplomacy (aid Fandahl): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
Fendahl Silvermane wrote:

Fendahl listens to the exchange.

...

"Good people of this temple, Dakang is hiding the truth from you as clear as he is hiding behind his guardians up on his lofty balcony. Do not be fooled by his lies. Listen to your own hearts on what is right. "

"Yes! Listen to your own hearts! Don't listen to his lies; the statuary, of no use? Then why was it built? Why was it filled with statues? What martyrs, what ideas, were so important then, and 'of no use', now? Of no use to who? Of no use, to a usurper. Follow your own hearts."

Aiding that diplo roll, or if I can't, making my own
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Those in attendance begin to murmur amongst themselves before Dakang silences them again, speaking still in a still voice. "You speak heresy against Korada, in a temple to his devotion, yet call me the heretic. You speak the books in the library false, yet your only evidence to support this is the claims of one you have also accused of mutiliation and deceit. And you further support this by grand stories of hidden deceptions amongst statues?

"You state I hide behind the devoted, but look again. I offer no coercion for their action, they choose to defend me. And if not for their presence, what would you have of me? I do no bear even a single weapon to defend myself, yet it is obvious yours have seen use simply by looking at Gastidem. Did his admission come from his guilt, or did it come from fear for what you may do?"

It seems as though some amongst the crowd were beginning to sway opinion, but Dakang's words quickly turns their feelings back to him.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"He confessed when he sensed risk to his addiction. He was hurt when he charged our swordsman, whose blade was already drawn, because he is a young fool. When and why were the statuary, and the room beyond, sealed from passage and view? When were you first aware of lost digits, and why did you allow the dangerous game to continue? When did the fae table become the source of all food eaten here? Why? Why so many changes from the fabled perfection we came to see? You truly stand on the shoulders of Korada, Dakang, but only to make soil upon his name. I defy you, Dakang." Directing his words to the gathered faithful, knowingly oblivious to the nearby Aasimar, Gristav continues, "People of the temple, when you worship, worship Korada, NOT the city we dispute. If you pass, ask your guide for Korada, for His home, not by any false place, but by the true Name, known to your founders, and perhaps the only Truth unpoisoned, the only touchstone untrapped, in this fakir's fortress."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

"Oh, but you do hide, Dakang! You hide behind your falsies and your deceptions. You give them false symbols, you speak of Abyssal cities, and you hide away their shrines. I see Korada only in the architecture of this temple - a temple that has been allowed to be consumed by neglect. May Korada open the eyes of all those assembled here to your false truths."

With that, Keebler turns to leave. As he makes for the door, he whispers to the Pathfinders closest to him, "Quickly, let us make for the crypt. Perhaps we can find more damning evidence before they have time to follow us."

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Whoa, whoa, whoa, keebler. What's the hurry? We have made our case. Now let us hear what this man has to say in his defense. I find it hard to believe that his guardiand and followers will stay the obviously false course. Well, Guardians of the true faith, what say you?

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

Gristav, observing Keebler's start for the door, and hearing Filios' demur, turns now to one of the Aasimar. "Whether we speak truth or lies, sense or folly, please, judge for yourselves. But in either case, in any case, don't leave Dakang alone. For his safety, or for the rest of ours, just don't leave him alone. Truth will come, but it must be watched for."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

One of the aasimar turns to Dakang, who nods to them to answer Filios's question. "You say that the course set by Dakang is false, yet we have not been given proof. For centuries Dakang has watched over this temple, before my own birth. Gastidem, he has been here for twelve. I must admit, I have never taken the test myself, I know not of it's falsehood. And the three of us, we are the guards. Dakang sits in meditation, communing with Korada on our behalf, he would have even less chance to see it's deception.

"And on that, is it truly a deception? Yes, Gastidem says he did it for his own reasons, but the test is taken as an act of faith. Does Gastidem's ill intentions undermine that faith itself? I cannot anser that question, of course. But I would like to believe our faith in Korada, our faith in Dakang as his emmisary, is strong enough to resist one gnome's foul intentions.

"What you do, you do out of what you believe to be truth. Yet the truth we see has existed well before you all were babes in your mother's wombs. Perhaps the books you have read state the facts you believe, perhaps you misrecall the information presented. But it is not something I can believe without proof.

"The wounds inflicted upon Gastidem are worrisome, as it states you are willing to resort to violence to get your answers. So be warned if you commit-"

Dakang cuts the aasimar's speech short. "That is enough. We will not threaten our guests, even if they shed our blood first. Their intentions are noble, and as such, I shall permit you to stay within the temple to continue your mission. Though I would ask that you please refrain from any other such violent actions. These things can be resolved peacefully."

Dakang turns to leave, then stops, "Oh and I would ask that you please bring Gastidem to see me. I would like to speak more to him about his actions, in the hopes that he can be saved." With that Dakang turns and leaves the Chapel. One of the aasimar comes up, asking for the gnome to be turned over to them.

251 to 300 of 554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.