Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


151 to 200 of 554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
GM Xzaral wrote:

"What, those weeds? Don't even know what you're talking about. And please don't pull the leaves off them." It seems Gastidem has taken an interest as you begin to examine the strange plant.

** spoiler omitted **

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

"Easy, Gastidem", Gristav says calmingly. "Whatever it is, speak to us plainly of it." He looks for the gardener's gaze. "We're very good at listening. We're rather less good-", Gristav makes sure to have Gastidem's eye as he finishes the phrasing, "At guessing."

Andoran

Sense Motive DC 13: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Survival DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sense Motive DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Secret Degwyn Stuff:
1d20 ⇒ 9 [ooc](best Mr Burns impersonation)... excellent ...

Andoran

Seeing Gastidem's behavior change quickly, Degwyn is on alert but playing it cool to avoid escalating the situation.

It seems we've stumbled upon something sensitive.

Scanning the area for anything that might be obviously out of place or represent a threat to the team. perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Having cleared the area and listened to the conversations with the disturbed Gnome, Filios meanders closer to the group. He is on alert with the others as to the reason that the Gnome has such an interest in the leaves of this particular plant.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

"No, you're right," Keebler agrees, "That would take too long. It would be much fast to just pull this weed out by its roots." The gnome crouches down and takes a hold of the plant at its base. He pauses momentarily to gauge Gastidem's reaction.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"No, no stop, what are you doing? Don't touch that, you fool! That belongs to me!" His body tenses up, as though ready to leap at you should you pull it out.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios draws his Curveblade and steps between Keebler and Gastidem.

Easy there fella...

Andoran

Degwyn moves so as to intercept Gastidem if he does try to attack Keebler. Hey, now... calm down. I think you should be honest with us about this plant. What are you hiding?

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Gentlemen", Gristav says calmly, "We may none of us be sure what form this garden was intended to take. But can we all agree, its decorations ought not to include spilled blood?"

Andoran

Agreed, Gristav. We're guests here and that's not forgotten. I'm afraid things have escalated too quickly. Degwyn makes a point of trying to look non-aggressive while still prepared to take defensive measures if required.

Mr. Gastidem, please understand we mean you no harm but your behavior is suspicious and slightly alarming. Can you please be honest with us?

Andoran

Agreed, Gristav. We're guests here and that's not forgotten. I'm afraid things have escalated too quickly. Degwyn makes a point of trying to look non-aggressive while still prepared to take defensive measures if required.

Mr. Gastidem, please understand we mean you no harm but your behavior is suspicious and, to be honest, slightly alarming. Can you please be honest with us?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Honest? You come into this temple and start making demands, cutting away all the plants? You're the monsters here!" The gnome begins to ramble on at this point.

Diplomacy or Intimidate, please. Remember he's a gnome, so small.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

"But it's just a weed, right?" Keebler taunts. He releases the plant unharmed and stands up to his full height. He approaches Filios, careful to keep the taller man between himself and Gastidem, and puts his hand on Filios' arm, indicating that he should lower his blade. "What's the meaning of this Gastidem? Some sort of flayleaf addict? Is this suppose to be your personal stash of contraband?"

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios brandishes his sword menacingly.

Come clean Gnome, or else!

intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Local politics and more's are beyond our purview, Gastidem. We don't have to care about your plant, nor your neighbors' opinion of it, nor your master's, nor your god's. All that can be between you and Them. What's wrong here, if I may hazard an opinion- what has got you on the wrong side of our elf's blade, of our gnome's gaze, is the duplicity. We're Pathfinders. We're supposed to go to a place, learn of it, prepare a report, and make it easier for others. What goes in the report, what gets left out, is ours to decide. But we first do have to learn it. The plant is nothing, the plant is everything, it's trash, it's yours... When you present us with a dichotomy, when you bifurcate the path we're supposedly finding, it's like dragging a ribbon past a cat. We get all... instinctive. It's really unkind of you. And unwise. It's as if you'd tied a gnome up by one ankle and swung him before that panther. Don't you imagine the cat would take an unwelcome and unfriendly notice?" Gristav leans tiredly on his staff, pondering its grain a moment. "You wouldn't do that to us, would you? Dangle that ribbon?", he asks, looking again at Gastidem. "I don't care about the leaf, or... why you have all your fingers, or how it is the gardener doesn't garden. But I can't put my lack of understanding into our report. So, help me to understand. Please, don't twitch that ribbon."

"Oh, and Gastidem? Don't lie."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gastidem recoils slightly from Filio's words, obviously scared of the man. Listening to Gristav and Keebler, "Okay, so if I tell you the truth, you'll let me and my plant go?"

If you are lying, please roll a bluff check.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
GM Xzaral wrote:

Gastidem recoils slightly from Filio's words, obviously scared of the man. Listening to Gristav and Keebler, "Okay, so if I tell you the truth, you'll let me and my plant go?"

If you are lying, please roll a bluff check.

Gristav is not lying.

"Leave the plant be, plants want to be in soil, not moved about.", Gristav advises. "And we've no reason to harm you or the plant, nor restrict your comings or goings. Except that your lies might hide some kind of trap, or hazard, or predator, on the Path that we're supposed to Find. So stop lying, and start giving us your best understanding of what is going on here. Be honest. Be reassuring. If you can't be both at once, then be honest."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler waits for Gristav to finish before replying, "We've got no reason to harm you or your plant. We just don't like being deceived." He thinks a moment and then adds, "Korada walks the path to enlightenment. Enlighten us now as to the truths of this temple."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gastidem looks back and forth between the plant, Gristav and Filios. "All right, I don't really worship Korada. I just want the plant, and I'll leave. Okay?"

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Are there others like you here who do not truly worship Korada?

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 22(22) Touch 13 Flat 20; F+11 R+7 W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {b}

Fendahl calls the lion to him and moves closer to the group but not threatening, just to hear the commotion. He is on alert to any ill intent by the gnome or any of the other hosts from within the temple.

"Was there a problem?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 sense motive


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"No, no, mostly everyone else here is devout in their faith. Mostly everyone." The gnome tries to look away, but his eyes keep darting to the plant.

Andoran

mostly everyone? If you and others don't follow Koroda, why live in this temple? Who else is not faithful?

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"It's like this, Fendahl", Gristav begins, waving the Druid closer to the plant in question, "The gardener seems interested in only this plant, and his freedom, and is hoping to convince us that both should be given to him. We, on the other hand, are hoping to convince him that being completely and totally forthcoming is the happiest path for all. And, while he's already lied to us, and we've already threatened him and the plant, I think both sides genuinely wish to come to a true accord." Gristav smiles thinly. "It certainly would simplify the paperwork."

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 22(22) Touch 13 Flat 20; F+11 R+7 W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {b}

"Hrrmm yes, thank you for the excellent summary, Gristav. I was wondering what I had missed while I was hacking down weeds in the corner."

Looking at the gnome, matter of factly (not trying to intimidate-yet).

"I definitely hope our friend makes the right choice....did I mention I am not into paperwork? Sketching this garden is as much as I can tolerate at one time. A little cooperation will go a long way to rebuild some trust methinks."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"So, ah... what is the plant? He seems to want to run off with it. That'd kill it, right? It's like he's kept his fingers, and lost his marbles. He's also said he's not a faithful Koradan, and made clear he's not alone, there."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

To his fellow Pathfinders, Keebler explains, "It's a flayleaf plant, known for its mild hallucinogenic properties. It appears that our friend Gastidem may have something of a flayleaf habit." Turning to the other gnome, he says, "If you don't worship Korada, then why are you here? I'd also like you to tell us what you know about the Kiss of Korada."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"The, uh, the other non-faithful here. Heh, you're not going to believe me. He's, uh, the guy in charge. Dakang. He's peverting the faith and the faithful here, some kind of secret evil. I don't know the specifics, honest!"

Gastidem looks over to the turtle. "That's the kiss, right there. You just stick your hand in. Aside from using it myself, it's in there to give the visions. It, um, also tends to punish those who stick there hands in too far. Serrated blades and all." The gnome pales as he speaks.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler nods sagely, as if none of this is surprising to him. "Thank you for being so forthcoming. One final question. Why are the statuary and crypt off-limits?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"I don't know that. I just know they are."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler looks to his companions, "Well, my dear friends, unless there is anything else of interest to you here, I think it's time we took a gander at the crypts. One last stop to make before we can make our report back to the Lodge." He plainly steps away from the flayleaf plant, giving it no further attention.

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

I will need to speak with the Aasimar guards at some point, but onto the crypts it is.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
GM Xzaral wrote:

"The, uh, the other non-faithful here. Heh, you're not going to believe me. He's, uh, the guy in charge. Dakang. He's peverting the faith and the faithful here, some kind of secret evil. I don't know the specifics, honest!"

Gastidem looks over to the turtle. "That's the kiss, right there. You just stick your hand in. Aside from using it myself, it's in there to give the visions. It, um, also tends to punish those who stick there hands in too far. Serrated blades and all." The gnome pales as he speaks.

"Gastidem", Gristav says softly, seemingly studying the grain of his staff, until he meets the gardener's eye, "I believe you. I believe you when you say, you don't know the specifics. I won't press you further on that, but if something occurs to you, do bring it up. Now, as to the turtle, why do you fear it, if it's never bitten you? Or is there more you're not telling us? Because I suspect there is. And... I've seen two kindly ladies since I've arrived here, each marked by this test that now smells of a carnival trick. I've no duty, I'll grant you, to enter into their affairs, but the feather in my hat makes me feel rather chivalrous, and so..." Gristav points at the turtle, "Perhaps you should demonstrate. You should certainly elaborate."

Andoran

Degwyn bites the inside of his cheek and taps the butt of his glaive lightly on the ground a few times. Looking from the gnome to the flayleaf plant to the turtle he exhales heavily.

Did you design this twisted contraption, Gastidem? How long have you been fooling the occupants here? What happens to the fingers?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"No, no, no, I'm perfectly fine not to do such a demonstration, that is true. A design of my own? Well, yes, yes it is. The fingers are dealt with by the owners, none of my concern. It's rather ingenious, but not a good idea for me to use. And I never made anyone attempt it, not by force. They made that decision, not I. And I certainly hope you have no intention of making me do what I did not force others to do, I'll just go gather my things and go now, righty-o!" After a series of run-on sentences, Gastidem makes to the bush, slowly creeping around the group.

If you wish to stop him, just type it out.

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"Stop, Gastidem.", Gristav says, "You'll have to explain to me the role of the plant in all this. Is it the plant, then, that made them put their fingers into those serrated blades? Explain to me, why sane-seeming people put their hands into blades. Open the device while you do that; I have to insist you allow Filios and Keebler to make an examination, guided by your own understanding. And you have my word; cooperate with us, fully cooperate with us, and you'll end the day still able to count to ten. If you try to make a break for it, we'll find you, bring you back, and make a full recount of your words so far, including our suppositions and your opinion of the priest's faithfulness. Oh, and I can destroy your plant utterly, from a dozen paces away, with a wave of my hand. So don't test me."

Gristav's lousy Bluff skill, trying to not show his anger at the mangler:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Gristav is otherwise NOT lying.

Qadira

Male Half-elf HP 60/60 AC 22(22) Touch 13 Flat 20; F+11 R+7 W+10(+12 enc) INIT+4 Perc+12 CMB+10 CMD+23 Druid 6/Samurai 1 {b}

Fendahl says in a stern voice...(not bluffing):

"Bah! I am not liking the sounds of this at all. Such trickery has no place in this temple of learning. I for one vote to destroy both the plant and the trapped turtle to prevent further misuse of either."

Fendahl will also try to interpose himself between the gnome and the bush if he is in position to do so. (no weapons drawn yet).

Andoran

Degwyn moves beside Fendahl and leans close to wisper with his back turned to Gastdim.

Fendahl (and DM ):
I have every intention of destroying this plant once we have exhausted the information Gastdim provides without violence. Please hold for just a moment longer.

Taldor

Male Half-elf (Taldane) Fighter (Rondolero Duelist) 1

Vors had been silent a great deal once again, the party moving so quickly and effortlessly, like a polished unit. Tasks being done, undone, goals accomplished, he ensured his drawings on another hand were as accurate as he could make given the time provided to him.

He'd taken a post at a pair of double doors, and found it less-than-interesting. Perhaps he was not where he felt most comfortable, being in a different place that was very quiet, very calm, and very suspicious. Yes indeed - a temple kept outside of normal society, kept safe with aasimar protection, and just an entirely different dimension - this was nothing normal, but he needed to get used to this life, this brand new life.

Still, didn't mean he didn't need to keep himself inactive. They talked, and he listened, and he was fine with simple acts, for now. He'd make his presence known later - or he would be a fool of a son to his heritage.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"My plant? NO! We had a deal! I'll show you the mechanism, just don't touch my plant, it's mine!!" Gastidem moves to the turtle and begins to demonstrate how it works (without actually using it).

"You see, it's ingenious. You put the hand in here, and there's a needle. It gives the vision. Then sometimes people just put their hand in a little further, not realizing it, the poison making them not realize what they've done until it's too late! Just a trick, and one I can disable permanently! Would you like me to do so?"

Andoran

Gastidem, before we allow you to leave I ask that you reveal this contraption to one of the faithful temple dwellers. Zhuang, perhaps?

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)
PFS_Degwyn wrote:
Gastidem, before we allow you to leave I ask that you reveal this contraption to one of the faithful temple dwellers. Zhuang, perhaps?

"Filios spoke of Aasimar. I would want such eyes to witness this. And Zhuang, yes. The ladies, perhaps. Whoever has lost a part of themselves, deserves to understand why." Gristav trembles an instant. "But perhaps Gastidem does not deserve to have to tell them all at once. So... an Aasimar, and Zhang? Are we agreed?"

Bluff+1, Gristav is trying not to appear disgusted and angry. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Filios conties to hold his sword draw,and adds, while not taking his eyes off of the gnome,

Agreed, and you better come clean to them like you did to us. Justice will be swift, if you make us look the fools by lying again.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gastidem is obviously not delighted with this idea. "The aasimar won't leave the entry to Dakang's room without an obvious threat to the temple. But if you want to bring me to see Zhuang, certainly."

Andoran

Male Half-elf Magus (Staff Magus, Hexcrafter)

"I begin to see, what was never hidden.", Gristav says softly, to himself. Then, clearly, he says, "I will fetch Zhuang, here, to the garden. After your... explanations, perhaps he can advise us on how to get the attentions of the Aasimar. I trust my companions will keep you and your plant safe until our return."

Gristav leaves via the West double doors, passing the library quietly. Assuming He finds Master Zhuang in the meditatorium, and requests in Tien, "Zhuang Sensei, please go with me to the garden. Gastidem needs to speak with you there. And then we hope to speak further."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

Keebler sighs as the discussion with Gastidem continues. The gnome trudges over to where Vors is standing. He looks up at the taller man, "Do you have nothing to add to this debacle? It's not really our concern at this point, is it? We've detailed the gardens and proven the Kiss of Korada to be a hoax."

As Keebler waits for his companions to satisfy themselves with the situation, he studies the double doors behind Vors. He runs his hand over along the frame and inspects the handle. According to the acolytes, the statuary and crypt where behind these doors. There were suppose to be off-limits, but the gnome wondered just how far they might go to keep people out.

Checking for traps:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

So didn't realize it didn't define this in the flavor text, but the doors leading to the crypt and statuary are boarded up. Added markers on the map to indicate this.

Zhuang comes with Gristav to the garden. As Gristav and Zhuang enters, Gastidem suddenly yells out. "Zhuang, they've come to defile the kiss and the temple, fetch help quickly!" Zhuang looks as though ready to run.

You all have the equivalent of one action to respond as a surprise action, then it goes to initiative. Remember it doesn't have to be combat, but can be a diplomacy check and whatnot. I believe Filios has his sword out, but is the only one. I moved tokens based on actions. If not quite as you envisioned, please feel free to move accordingly.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

No traps, Keebler

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Enough! Gastidem! Tell Zghuang the truth before blood spills!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Bard (archaelogist) 2

"Whu? Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait!" Keebler calls out as he realizes what's happening. He turns his back to the double doors and waves his hands in an attempt to keep everybody calm. "No one is trying to defile anything here. Zhuang, allow Korada to provide now by permitting us the chance to offer you an explanation of this situation."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The gnome leans closer to Vors,

'mumble...mumble...':

"This is why I wasn't interested in the temple's internal affairs. I was hoping to avoiding these sort of embarrassing mishaps."

151 to 200 of 554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Red Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.