Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


501 to 542 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

I shall be continuing to follow the Aasimar


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Tiasar continues to follow the aasimar.

Round 6
Aasimar (Move further down hall)
Dakang (Stand up, cast ILW, mass)
Tiasar (Double move)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck
Alan
Glenn (Delay)
Jory

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

AoO 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1d20 ⇒ 3 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 ⇒ 18 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Alan launches an assault against Dakang, but fails to penetrate his defenses, only one blow landing and not enough to hurt the creature.

Round 6
Aasimar (Move further down hall)
Dakang (Stand up, cast ILW, mass)
Tiasar (Double move)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck
Alan (Full attack)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Round 6 Jory

Status=Max-6-ILW damage. Five foot step flurry of blows.

Jory fires his cold iron arrows--keeping up his steady rate of fire.
hit1/dam1/hit2/dam2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

***Attack it now, Mareck! Before it can stand and cast a spell, again!***

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 POSSIBLE CRIT!
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 CONFIRM!
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Crit Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Mareck thrusts his rapier into the creature. As it goes in, Mareck can feel the gentle susurration of slicing flesh vibrate gently, almost sensuously, up the steel blade of his rapier.

***Ahhhh, Mareck. You are sooo good. Do that again. Perfect.***

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck's Will save1d20 ⇒ 14

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

Is Dakang flat footed seeing as how he is lasso grappled at the moment?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Dakang is not flat-footed. He is prone, and he is entangled, but not flat-footed.

EDIT: He's entangled, not prone anymore.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Mareck and Jory both attack Dakang, Mareck dealing a deep blow while Jory sinks one arrow into him. Mareck's thrust disrupts Dakang's spell as he casts it.

Mareck, I'm counting that as your AoO, so you still get an action this round, if that's all right with you.

Round 6
Aasimar (Move further down hall)
Dakang (Stand up, cast ILW, mass)
Tiasar (Double move)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck
Alan (Full attack)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory (FoB, 1 hit)

Dakang:

D Conc 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck quickly pulls the rapier from the things body, reaches to a nearby drawer, and swings it as hard as he can.

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Mareck, it might be more effective to stab him with one of jory's arrows


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Mareck attacks Dakang but misses the nimble demon.

The aasimar move into the chapel, nearing the fountain. "If we activate the waters of this fountain, it will allow any weapons you douse to harm Dakang, granting Korada's blessing. I doubt Dakang knows this as he has never shown any interest in this fountain beyond the beauty of the ritual itself."

Back in Dakang's chambers, the demon summons a copy of himself once again, then attempts to inflict harm once again. Too concerned for attacks from others, he loses his spell.

Round 6
Aasimar (Move further down hall)
Dakang (Stand up, cast ILW, mass)
Tiasar (Double move)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck (Attack, miss)
Alan (Full attack)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory (FoB, 1 hit)

Round 7
Aasimar (Move into Chapel)
Dakang (Copycat, cast spell, failed concentration check.)
Tiasar ()
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck ()
Alan ()
Glenn (Delay)
Jory ()

Dice:

D C 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

Seeing Dakang obviously getting frustrated with the rope. Alan launches an attack on the demon jumping into the air and clapping his feet together on Dakangs face. Never letting loose of the rope.

1d20 ⇒ 11 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 ⇒ 15 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

"Wonderful, lets get started" Tiasar does whatever is necessary to start the water, then douses his dagger and his entire quiver of arrows in it

Tell me how many rounds this will take

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory continues the dwarven cold iron barrage,

hit1/dam1/hit2/dam2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

It is fast but ineffective. Dice are cold.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Dont worry, hopefully in a few rounds i'll be back with an entire quiverfull of effective weapons

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck continues to pull on the rope, hoping to constrict or otherwise distract Dakang.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Jory misses two shots into Dakang as Alan misses with two strikes. Meanwhile Tiasar comes back with enchanted weapons.

Mareck, you could initiate a grapple this round if you like. The rope would help to restrain him after succeeding, though you'd have to wait until next round to do so. I'll await Mareck's confirmation before continuing on.

Round 7
Aasimar (Move into Chapel)
Dakang (Copycat, cast spell, failed concentration check.)
Tiasar (Returns with weapons)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck (Grapple?)
Alan (FoB, miss miss)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory (FoB, miss miss)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar begins distributing the weapons as quickly as possible

Qadira

Father 10 / Geek 8

Grapple! CMB ROLL: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Mareck, I'm using your first roll since it came first, just an FYI.

Mareck manages to grapple Dakang, grasping ahold of the demon barely able to hold on to it. As he squeezes, the moment of concern passes as he may have grasped the illusion, only to find out he has indeed grappled the actual creature.

One of the aasimar return at this time. "If anyone else needs their weapons empowered, come with me!"

Not enjoying his current predicament, Dakang attempts to wriggle free from Mareck's grasp, barely managing to do so.

Round 7
Aasimar (Move into Chapel)
Dakang (Copycat, cast spell, failed concentration check.)
Tiasar (Returns with weapons)
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck (Grapple)
Alan (FoB, miss miss)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory (FoB, miss miss)

Round 8
Aasimar (One moves into room, others stay at fountain)
Dakang (Escapes Grapple)
Tiasar ()
Rowan (Delay)
Mareck ()
Alan ()
Glenn (Delay)
Jory ()

Dice:

1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar takes his bow out and attempt to shoot Mareck

Attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 ill take the -4 if it's into melee
Damage1d8 ⇒ 8

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

Toss me a blessed weapon somebody!

As Alan leaps for the creature in order to aid Mareck in his attempts to grapple the creature.

Grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory continues to fire his depleting quiver of cold iron. His arrows are much more accurate as his companions try to restrain the evil creature.
hit1/hit2/dam1/dam2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Flurry of blow(bows?) full round attack

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

I threw out at the very least an arrow to everybody, i believe i gave you the dagger since ur right up on him


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Checking on something before updating.

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Joining grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

everybody, i derped when i put 'shoot mareck', i just put down the post and didnt look over it. meant to put dakang lol. my bad


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Don't forget, you get a +5 bonus on grapple checks in successive rounds.

Tiasar attempts to fire an arrow, missing as the arrow goes wide.

Mareck and Alan work together to grapple Dakang. I actually don't see specifically what you're trying to do with the grapple check. At this point, you have some options. You can maintain the grapple, deal damage, move him, pin him (which leads to tying up what with the rope around him already). Let me know. Also I switched Alan and Mareck so Alan goes first, hope you don't mind.

Jory fires two arrows into Dakang, severely wounding him.

EDIT: Actually, no need to. Follow-up post incoming.

Round 8
Aasimar (One moves into room, others stay at fountain)
Dakang (Escapes Grapple)
Tiasar (Fires an arrow at Mareck, er Dakang, miss)
Rowan (Delay)
Alan (Grapple)
Mareck (Grapple)
Glenn (Delay)
Jory (2 arrows, both hit)


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As the last two arrows sink into Dakang, he falls unconscious, his body no longer able to hold out against your combined assault. Dakang has fallen.

The aasimar turn to you. "Dakang has been defeated. We thank you all for your aid." All three turn to you and bow.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar, huffing and sweating from the unusual amount of physical work he did, bows back "It is an honor to work with celestial beings such as yourself. " After that, Tiasar begins eagerly asking them many questions about their extraplanar side, saying it's all for knowledge's sake

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory nods, "Evil wears many faces. It is difficult to recognize them all."

Jory looks at the nine errant cold iron arrows and finds only two useable. He puts them with the remaining two left in his quiver. "Four left, how about those blessed arrows?" 1 is good: 9d2 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1) = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

1 is good1d2 ⇒ 2

"Im the only one who shot, but I believe I cracked it against the stone. Never was much of a shot anyways" He hands over a half a dozen of the blessed arrows "Even so I'll keep the others on me, might be useful. Great job taking him down"

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

Alan huffs and attempts to collect himself. That was interesting, uh here is your rope back master Tiasar He bows as he hands the property back over to the proper owner. Afterwards he begins looking around for any items Dakang left.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar smiles "I find a bit of rope is more useful than any weapon or spell half the time. Thank you"

Andoran

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck drops the dead thing, letting it slide from between his arms, staring down at it with abject disgust.

He stares, unsure what to do with himself, now that the adrenaline of combat pulses through him for no reason. His breathing slows after a moment.

***Ask the aasimars where you can pray.***

"Ah, it is finally done. I feel dirty in my soul, being so close to such a thing. Do you have a place to pray and cleanse my spirit with words to the gods?" asks Mareck.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory inspects his wounds, surprised to find the self inflicted palm strike to his face the most effective.

"I am hurt but still quite effective. Any healing ready?"
Status=13/19hp

"Let us search Dakang and his quarters for clues and items of value."

After the looting, where too next?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

A search of Dakang's chambers reveal numerous tomes taken from the library and hidden in this chamber, with extensive notes on how to manipulate the worship of Korada into the worship of Sifkesh. With these restored tomes, the inhabitants should have little difficulty returning to their previous ways.

"If injured, we will gladly provide what aid and medicine we can to speed your recovery. The temple owes you all a great deal for your actions today. It's only through you that we have learned of the corruption that spread through this temple. Please, let us know if there's anything else we can do."

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 70/70; AC 30/T 24/FF 25, CMD 36, v Grapple 43, Trip 42: F +12, R +13, W +11; perception +10, init +5)

Alan's battered body stands up, I could use some healing after everyone else has been taken cared of.

Current hp 2/9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasars eyes open in shock at Alan "Oh my! Well...here, perhaps this can staunch some bleeding until you get some real healing"

Heal1d20 ⇒ 3

After a few seconds Tiasar realizes he's not helping "Glenn?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory makes sure the group is healed.

501 to 542 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.