Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


401 to 450 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

All tasks have been completed as of this point. The dretch attack occurred as the last was finished.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Even though I want to move on, I'm not 100% sure on how exactly we do that...

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Let's find Dakang.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory looks around, then nods and speaks,
"Let's get this Dakang after we hide Gastidem's body."

I wish we had him dig his big hole in a pretty spot.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1
Tiasar wrote:
Even though I want to move on, I'm not 100% sure on how exactly we do that...

Do you plan to go find Dakang now, or do you want to talk to any of the other residents first? You also talk of laying a trap, how would you like to do this?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Just a thought. Well let's go find Dakang now


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

It's a simple matter to find where Dakang's chambers are, as it's the only hallway guarded by three aasimar in this temple. As you approach, you are greeted by them. "Greetings travelers. Beyond this passage lies Dakang's private chambers. I'm afraid we cannot allow you to pass."

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

But we have come such a long way to learn of Karoda's teachings. Certainly he would allow time for such travelers. Alan inches closer so by the time he finishes talking he is within grappling range.

Any Social Skill 1d20 ⇒ 20

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar moves himself to the front, attempting to recall what he has read about aasimars

Knowledge1d20 ⇒ 4+9 arcana, +12 planar

"I'm afraid it is of utmost importance, lives may be at stake"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"I'm afraid Dakang has not the time to simply attend to others on a whim. But he is not without mercy. We will see if he can be available." As Tiasar speaks up, they grow a little guarded. "What is it you mean?"

Tiasar:
acid, cold, elec resist 5, native outsiders.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

"There are killers in the temple, it is impreritive that we speak to him now"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The aasimar give each other a look, and one heads back in, apparently to check on Dakang. The other you have been speaking to gets a serious look on her face. "Tell me everything you know."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Morde flies to the monks shoulder and whispers "Take this one out quitely Tiasar gestures around the corner "We can show you where these things transpired. The bodies are all the proof you need"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory looks impatient, as the aasimar enters, Jory speaks anxioiusly to the remaining female aasimar.

"He doesn't have all the information. I'll need to tell him about Gastidem."

Jory turn to follow into the chamber before the way is barred.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan grabs the Aasimar on the shoulder and then slides his arm across his chest, slipping his foot behind him bringing him to the ground with his hands ready to snap his neck.

Grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Grapple-Render Prone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

As soon as Alan begins acting, Tiasar begins loudly talking "It all started in the garden, see we were just trying to help clear some of the weeds..." Tiasar continues talking, attempting to drown out any noise Alan makes.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Team, this doesn't seem to be a viable plan, based on the map provided by the DM. We're in a jammed hallway, Alain is taking down the first/closest one, the back one is heading into Dakang's chamber, and we've still got the middle aasimar to handle.

My suggestion is we lure the three, or one or two of them, into a more open area, perhaps the adjacent prayer area with the rugs, then take them out. I would recommend we pretend to need help (who is still bloody?) and collapse in the prayer chapel.

Tiasar can continue his tale of what happened, making sure to mention the dretch, which will no doubt be of interest to the aasimars.

All of this assumes the DM allows us to withdraw the last few posts, due to confusion on the situation. Xzaral? Yes? No?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Oh, i thought we had two aasimars. my bad haha

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Cleric 1 (HP11/11; AC 16/ T 11 / FF 15; F +2, R +2, W +5; perception +4)

Alan is still bloody, 1 or 2 hit points left I think. If we are going to use that to lure them out, I can hold off on the heal for a minute.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Just pushing past three aasimars is quite a task in a narrow hallway.

"We need to speak to Dakang. Gastidem says he is perpetuating great evil, but how has he conned celestials to serve him if this is true?"

Jory is not know for his diplomacy.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Yeah I am in pretty bad shape at the moment.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

You can take it back, yes, as there was confusion.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1
Jory Redcap wrote:
"We need to speak to Dakang. Gastidem says he is perpetuating great evil, but how has he conned celestials to serve him if this is true?"

A look of concern passes the aasimar's faces. "You had best explain what you mean. No one will be seeing Dakang until we understand what is going on."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory speaks quickly as if he can't hold his words in any longer:"I am an honest monk. We came to help the Pathfinders and we found this temple inhabited. This nasty Gastidem was poisoning people on purpose and claims Dakang is even more evil than he is. If that is true, why do you serve him?"

Jory has no guile about him, he has learned the hard way he cannot fool or influence people. For him honesty is the best policy.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"I find this difficult to believe. I'll go fetch Gastidem and see what he has to say about this."

How do you wish to handle this, just let her pass?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory replies, "You can go look at his body. The evil creature attacked us with a another evil creature with a noxious cloud. They are both dead in the garden out there if you want to look. By the way, there are undead skeletons running around, I do not know what kind of outfit you are running here, but it is quite unbecoming of celestials!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar's eyebrows shoot up "We of course mean no offense, it is only that we are concerned and it has been a trying day. We are on the same side as you, and just trying to uncover what the shadows hide from us all"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Marech fades and now Mareck stands, as if stunned, unclear on what to do. A confused cloud passes over Mareck's eyes as he watches the interchange between the aasimars and Tiasar and Jory.

***Ask about the demon that vanished once it was killed. Maybe these creatures know what it was.***

The temporary confusion passes and Mareck pipes up, in an innocent and confused voice, "Tiasar, why did that bloated, noxious thing vanish in a puff of fire and smoke when we finally killed it? Don't dead things just stay there, dead?"

Mareck <cough> <coughs>, just thinking of the cloud of stinky gas the thing exuded.

As the aasimars get concerned, and question Jory more forcefully, Mareck in turn gets worried. His hand goes to his rapier hilt. "Tiasar, are these three more of the same? They sure smell nicer than that one did."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

"Actually Mareck, we did not kill that creature. We simply returned it home. Perhaps when we have more time I could tell you more details" When Mareck asks another question and tenses, Tiasar steps in front of him "These are aasimars, which mean they are not outsiders; they have the blood of celestials in them. They were born of holy beings that mean good"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

All three aasimar's hands tighten on their weapons, though they do not raise them offensively. "I'll be back." One of the aasimar leaves while the others stand guard. She returns a few moments later.

"There is most definitely signs of a battle in the garden, as well as a shallow grave for Gastidem. In the hallway there are signs of a demonic creature banished to where it was summoned, though how can we be sure these outsiders did not summon it themselves?" She turns and eyes the group of you, awaiting an answer.

I will need a diplomacy check with the response, unless you wish to use a non-diplomatic solution.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar isn't exactly Mr.Diplomatic, but he has decent knowledge of outsiders and will attempt to add some facts to help their standpoint

"If I may be so bold, I am a conjurer, and I do not yet have the power to call such a creature. The types of summons I perform are mearly celestial or infernal version of normal creatures, if that. Also...it attacked us" Tiasar tries to maintain a calm demeaner, as he knows Aasimars usually fight for good...and they fight fiercly

Diplomacy if needed(hopefully someone else is better at this)1d20 ⇒ 16

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory is no diplomat. He is somewhat sad he no longer has the flashy tuxedo he wore to the Pathfinder Ball. That would surely impress the aasimars.
Jory wore the equivalent of one of the tuxedos worn by the the Dumb and Dumber guys to the charity ball.

Jory grips his bow. "If I die fighting celestials, at least you will properly bury my body."

Jory bows to the aasimars and removes his cap. "Let it be said Jory Redcap never started a fight with angelkind."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

"Angels? Really? Now that is impressive," says Mareck, astonished that he's looking at angel blooded people.

"I'm with you, Jory. Desna would frown on starting fights with angels, err, angelkin."

Diplomacy1d20 ⇒ 12

Where's our high Wisdom monk? Alan?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"You speak of Gastidem's corruption, that appears to be true. You speak of a demon amongst us, there is evidence to support one being within the temple, though it's origin is still unknown. Is there any other information you can present?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar looks down, brow creased in thought "There were the undead that confronted us. Hmm...an interesting fact is the demon did not attack until we pressed Gastidem for answers. Well...there's an idea but I'm not sure it would work. You see since a summoned creature is a prolonged spell, just like any other form of magic it leaves a trail behind it. The stronger the magic, the longer the trail lasts...perhaps if we hurried we could track it back to its' origin"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Undead? So not just demons but now you have the walking dead amongst us as well? And where did you encounter these creatures?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar raises an eyebrow and considers the aasimars more carefully "The undead were already present and confronted us. We fought them by the statues, it appears they came out of the crypt."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"We'll have to investigate this as well. I'll go with you, see about these events and try to follow this trail. Lead on. Oh, and the crypt is supposed to be off limits. Why were you there, if I may ask?" The aasimar follows you're lead.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar begins walking to where the demon was 'killed' "Well I won't lie to you, after the undead attacked us we investigated. However, before they confronted us we were just looking at the statues." Once they reach the sight, Tiasar will cast 'detect magic' and try to find the trail of the spell

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan grips his side and winces in pain. First we come here to learn of the fallen temple of Karoda. Then undead attack. Then a mad little gnome summons a fiend to attack us which isn't that hard considering we are in the abyss. I grow tired and weary. Angelkin it appears you have three choices. Stop us and raise your arms against us and let the gods sort it out, do nothing as it appears this corruption has washed over you and your kin, or seek redemption and aid us in eliminating the source that is Dakang. he looks to them for an answer gripping his tonfa in case of a response he didn't want.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Show the location of the crypt where the remnants of the unead still lay, the aasimar finally acknowledges that something strange is going on. "I don't understand this. The signs of the demon are one thing, those you could have summoned. But this is different." She bites her lip as though in thought. "Let's see if we can follow these magical energies as you said."

You approach the signs of where the demon had perished, but search as you might, the energies have already left. "While a trail would have been a good sign, perhaps we should speak to Dakang about this. Let's go see what he has to say."

Making your way back to Dakang's chambers, the other two guards are filled on the events, and the doorway to Dakang's chamber is opened. This spacious chamber contains a simple bed, a writing desk, and an enormous armoire. A Spiral of Korada is drawn along the north wall, but the drawing is made up of several small marks resembling double-headed arrows. A short stairway leads up to an archway blocked with a heavy curtain.

Dakang himself rises from the desk as you all enter. "What is the meaning of this?" He demands.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Already wary of a fight breaking out, Tiasar casts detect magic and slowly starts scanning the room, starting with Dakang

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar motions to the guards "Watch the exits and keep a close eye on him" Tiasar walks around, taking a look at his desk and around the room. Morde stretches his feathers on Tiasars shoulder "We have reason to believe this is not a harmless organization, but a cult. Now I'm a reasonable elf, so if you wish to explain yourself now is the time"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory explains: "Gastiden, an evil gnome, has said he is but a minor evil compared to the extra evil Dakang. The dying confession of a massive evil-doer has brought us here Dakang, what say you."

That didn't come out so well.

Jory belatedly and abashedly swipes off his cap and bows: "Jory Redcap, at your service."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Dakang maintains a look of calm as he answers. "I'm afraid I know not of these accusations you make. I devoutly serve my lord. Perhaps I should demonstrate?" And with his words, the obese human head of his corpse disguise explodes, revealing Dakang’s true form—a giant five-jawed worm. The aasimar in the back suddenly call out, unable to act.

The worm like creature scuttles up the sides of the wall, casting a spell as he reaches for the 20' high ceiling.

Spellcraft DC 16:

Everyone must make a DC 14 will save or suffer a -1 to attack rolls and saves vs. fear. Dakang is currently half-way up the wall (10').

Round 1
Dakang (Move, cast spell)
Rowan
Mareck
Tiasar
Alan
Glenn
Jory

Dice:

Alan 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Glenn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Jory 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Mareck 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Rowan 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Tiasar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dakang 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

"It's a minor spell, just makes you feel a little worse!" Tiasar grudgingly pulls out his old longbow Time to see if I can still shoot this thing...

Attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Will Save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Ah I'm sorry I forgot the damage roll. Damage1d8 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory is surprised to see the emerging worm.

"A reverse chrysalis affect."

Will: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22

Rnd 1
Jory draws his bow and rushes to fire an arrow at the worm. His shot is poorly aimed.
hit/dam: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 131d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Knowledge1d20 ⇒ 12Arcana +9, Planar +12. Do I know anything about the worm thing?

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan seeing the vile thing attempting to gain a combat advantage runs and leaps off the desk in an attempt to wrestle him to the ground.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 +2 for charging if applicable.

401 to 450 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.