Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


301 to 350 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan will move to talk to Jory, grasps his shoulder and whispers low in his ear. Three Undead now returning to the Pharasma's Boneyard. I think this little man has a lot of explaining to do.

With that Alan will grasp Gastidems shoulder and speak firmly, Care to tell the truth or should we have a more visceral approach to getting the answers you've been dancing around since we got to this garden.

The Exchange

Male Elf Wizard 3

Oh crap, that's a lot of time

Tiasar frowns as he looks at the immense workload ahead of them. "We need to take the inscriptions off of these crypts, unfortunately there is a lot more than I anticipated. We should get started"Tiasar begins the work, occasionally making notes in his own book


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

12 total man hours, so divided by 6 would be 2 total.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Rowan assists with the inscriptions.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck, too.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory will help too. "Gastidem, you can watch us in here."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gastidem looks to Jory. "Um, perhaps I could instead simply tend to my gardening?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Well I was originally here to do some gardening too."
Jory will see if he can get a party 'buddy' to help him do the gardening, that would leave the others to finish in three hours with four working while Jory and another watch Gastidem and work in the garden.

The Exchange

Male Elf Wizard 3

I'd come to help, but Tiasar would be far better at making inscriptions than gardening

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan will come and help with the gardening. That's what I was trying to do anyways.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

I need to know what Mareck, Glenn and Rowawn will be doing to assist to move along. But missed Alan's comment to Gastidem, so going to do that quick.

"Answers? What kind of answers? How should I know about anything in a room I don't go into?"

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Cleric 1 (HP11/11; AC 16/ T 11 / FF 15; F +2, R +2, W +5; perception +4)

Glenn will help with the inscriptions.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Look now is the time to tell the truth. No good deity would have their followers willingly scar themselves or not to mention the whole thing of us being in the abyss! Answers you evil little man or we will find the ones we seek in this vile place. . Alan says as he firms his grip on Gastidem's shoulder.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')
Mareck Bolthune wrote:
Mareck, too.

Mareck continues working on the inscriptions, helping Tiasar.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory is interested in the conversation between Alan and Gastidem, and chooses that moment to test his bow and make sure it is working properly.

"Have to check these bows--you know what moisture can do to the draw!"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Remember if you want to attempt intimidate or diplomacy, make the check please.

"I have no idea what you're talking about? How should I know anything? I just tend to the garden and the Kiss of Korada!" Gastidem seems to be slightly afraid at this point.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Sorry I've had a really busy week. but my prior post did say I would help with the inscriptions.

The Exchange

Male Elf Wizard 3

Ya i'm still following, just doing the inscriptiongs right now. I can slowly feel the crap about to hit the fan, so I wanna get our jobs done first lol

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Intimidate 1d20 ⇒ 13
Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Honest, honest, I don't know anything about no undead. I swear!"

Alan:
While Gastidem isn't lying, he isn't divulging the whole truth either.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

That's nice but I didn't ask you about undead. Tell me everything you know. Or else some of us are going to start getting angry/


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"But but but that's what the bird said. What else would you want to know about?"

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Cleric 1 (HP11/11; AC 16/ T 11 / FF 15; F +2, R +2, W +5; perception +4)

Ah, too bad I stayed in with the inscriptions.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

I am glad Alan is my gardening buddy :-)

"Tell us everything while we garden. If you leave anything out, you may want to pick a nice pretty spot and dig deep."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')
Jory Redcap wrote:

I am glad Alan is my gardening buddy :-)

"Tell us everything while we garden. If you leave anything out, you may want to pick a nice pretty spot and dig deep."

LOL! Awesome line!

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

Mareck looks up from his work on the inscriptions.

"Tiasar, are we done yet?"

***Stop whining and keep working. You sound like a child.***

Mareck goes back to his work.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The gnome visibly pales and turns to Alan, most definitely afraid of the man. "Um, the Kiss. It's a, um, a trick. A trick for my enjoyment. It doesn't actually grant any visions, it's a, um, a poison I put in there. I, I didn't mean to hurt anyone, it was just a little fun. Really, honest!"

The gnome looks about the garden, then curses. "The, um, plant I use is over there. BUT DON'T DESTROY IT!! I'll stop using it on them, but I need it still! I told you the truth, so no need to destroy it, right?" Gastidem starts to head towards a particular brown patch of the garden.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan tightens his grip on the little liar Why do you need it? What else are you hiding?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"N-need it? Why would I need it? Hehe, it's just, um, it's..." Gastidem turns where he was about to head, then suddenly lurches forward, attempting to shove Alan to the ground, though failing to break his hold on him. "Lemme go lemme go lemme go NOW!!" The little gnome flails out with his feet and fists, ineffectually.

Dice:

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan sighs heavily and then attempts to toss him to the ground and bringing his body weight on top of the gnome.

Grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Render Prone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The sad fact is that it did not need to come to this. Now you've condemned yourself. If you value your life you will tell me what is going on here. Now!. He tightens his grip on the ground using his forearm as a fulcrum into Gastidem's throat.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Teary eyed, Gastidem begins to spill his guts, "All right, all right, here's what I know!" He turns to the turtle statue. "The Kiss of Korada is a trap for my amusement. I built it 12 years ago when I came here. It's a dual staged mechanism. First a small prick injects Flayleaf into you, causing hallucinations. Then afterwards, while hallucinating, you tend to move your hand in further where the blades come into effect, cutting off fingers. That's all! I have nothing to do with Dakang's manipulation of the Temple, I swear! I know nothing about it besides he's swearing them to some other lord! I don't even know who it is. Please please please let me and my plant go! I promise to stop my evil ways." By this time Gastidem is crying furiously now.

Sense Motive DC 10:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Gastidem seems to be telling the truth for everything besides changing his ways.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Is Dakang the only culprit here or are all the others working for him?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory circles very quietly behind the pinned Gastidem disgusted with his admissions an arrow knocked and drawn.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
He is more disgusted when he sees the wretch for what he is. Making eye contact with Alan, he seems ready to put a fatal shot in the helpless evildoer. The angry dwarf seems to be looking for some confirmation before taking a critical shot.
I guess our gardening will take longer than I thought. Ending evil is a duty and an obligation.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"He's the only one! At least that I know of! Honest! He's been manipulating the others for as long as I've been here. Sneaky one he is. Very sneaky! Let me go now with my plant?" The gnome starts to try twisting out of Alan's grip, though it's ultimately futile.

Alan:
He seems to be telling the truth.

Jory:
He seems to be telling the truth.

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan looks over at Jory and raises an eyebrow as if a thought just came to his mind Tell me Gastidem do you know of Irori. He is the master of masters and seeks self enlightenment. Here is what you can do to gather your plant and leave alive. You will first bring Dakang here, to us, alone. Second. Well bring Dakang here first. . He releases the gnome and then adds, If you betray us you will know pain.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"I, I think I know what you plan, and it won't work. Dakang never leaves his study. If he wishes to see someone, one of his pet aasimar brings them to him. And his study is always guarded by them."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Well then, after our inscribing and gardening is done, you will bring us to his study. What aasimars serve an evil master?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"They know not what they serve, duped as most of the temple are. I, I just figured it out, y'know the two of us kinda alike and all."

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

How are you alike?

In an effort to move this along, I intend to continue gardening and then follow up with whatever missions we need to complete before confronting Dakang.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Well now, I mean about his, um, loose morals and all. Just trying to get his jollies by corrupting the good people here and all. Not that I'm corrupting anyone, really. I just, um, set that up. I can go now, right?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Let me know what you want to do with Gastidem.

After about 4 hours of work, both the garden and the crypt have been completed, completing the last of your tasks. How do you wish to proceed from here?

The Exchange

Male Elf Wizard 3

Tiasar walks out, smiling from the knowledge he just received. Upon entering the courtyard he falters as he feels the tension "Um, what has transpired while we were gone?"

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Alan relays the information provided by the gnome friend after he has been tied up and his plant has been taken care of.

The Exchange

Male Elf Wizard 3

Tiasar frowns "Indeed, celestial beings are very hard to control, I'd wish to see them."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Cleric 1 (HP11/11; AC 16/ T 11 / FF 15; F +2, R +2, W +5; perception +4)

Glenn followed Tiasar out. After hearing the new information, all he says is, "This cannot stand. Dakang must be dealt with."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')
GM Xzaral wrote:

"Well now, I mean about his, um, loose morals and all. Just trying to get his jollies by corrupting the good people here and all. Not that I'm corrupting anyone, really. I just, um, set that up. I can go now, right?"

Hold it, who's Dakang, again? And why are we sitting here gardening with this garden gnome? Shouldn't we just go tell the aasimars they're being mislead by this Dakang fellow?

Mareck wipes his hands off on his vest and looks askance at Gastidem.

Gnome, how did you corrupt the aasimars? How did you "set that up?"

...

***Leave nobody at your back, Mareck, who might do you harm.***

[b]And NO, you many not "go now."

Mareck pulls out his rapier.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Mythic Summoner 3 (HP34/34; AC 22 / T 14 / FF 18; F +3, R +5, W +3; Init +7, Perception +0, Diplomacy +11, Darkvision 60')

I'm assuming from the words of Gastidem that his "setting that up" does NOT have to do with the Kiss thing. That seems to be a cruel joke to chop people's fingers off. But nothing he's said indicates the Kiss alters the loyalties or "corrupts" anybody. Did I miss something?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

To clarify, Gastidem has stated that he is responsible for setting up the Kiss of Korada. The Kiss, as he has identified, is a trap which causes a hallucination to the user via a hallucinogenic drug (Flayleaf), and which causes a person to further insert their hand triggering the second stage of the trap which are the blades that remove fingers. He has nothing to do with the corruption itself.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"As soon as we are done with our inscribing and gardening, how about we head to Dakang?"

Scarab Sages

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

Agreed, maybe Gastidem will be kind enough to be our guide, or possibly leave never to return

301 to 350 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.