Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment


51 to 100 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

Mareck follows Rowan and Jory, stepping forward and pulling his scarf/belt off his hips and holds it in both hands, intently looking about.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

No traps are to be found on the main entrance.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

assuming my fellow party member tells me that"Ah well good! Then shall we proceed? Do not worry about taking care of the recording we were brought here to do, as I shall make sure the tedious work is done"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

After careful examination of the door Rowan pushes the door open.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

This wide entrance is a communal center of the temple. The floor here contains an engraved Spiral of Korada, but the spiral is badly scuffed from centuries of traffic.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar spends some time examing the spiral, writes some info down, then follows Rowan in

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Rowan enters the room, and checks for any traps in the vicinity.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

If none found.

"Well it looks like we have a hallway to the right, or a door to the left, or a door in front. I'm one for always moving forward. Any opinions?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

"It seems that the building ends rapidly on the left side, and if we searched in a sweeping pattern it would be the easiest place to start." Tiasar looks around, waiting for other's opinions

Shadow Lodge

Male

left says the unarmored one.

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 72/72; AC 30/T 24/FF 23, CMD 36, v Grapple 41, Trip 40: F +12, R +11, W +10; perception +9, init +5)
DaWay wrote:
left says the unarmored one.

That was me.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

While checking for traps, Rowan can hear the sound of movement in the room opposite the doorway from which you came.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=10/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory sketches the spiral and temple layout on his parchment and enters.
This is one stealthy group!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Rowan responds to Tiasar.

"That seems logical, but I do hear movement in the room in front of us."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar brings his voice down "Would you care to look to discover what this noise is, or shall I send my familiar?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

"I will look into the room. The rest of you should be prepared in case my observation does not go unnoticed.

Rowan approaches the door and pushes it open enough for his head to fit through, as silently as possible and peaks into the room.

Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Rowan cracks the door abit to see a massive darkwood slab, shaped similar to a table, filling the majority of this room at an angle. A row of benches sits on either side. At present a human woman is preparing places for people to eat. She is dressed in simple white clothing, bells sewn into the sleeves. She does not appear to have noticed you yet.

Perception DC 15:
You notice she is missing her ring finger on her left hand, and the tip of her pinkie on the same one.

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 4 Modifier hidden

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Rowan tries to take in as much of the room as he can without opening the door further and then slowly closes it.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"There is a woman in the room setting a dining table.

I'm not sure that the missing finger is important, so I'll keep that to myself for now.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar knows he's not exactly the quietest mover, so he sends his familair over to perch on Rowan's shoulder, who whispers "What did you see, anything to worry about?"

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

"Dinner? Excellent! Planar travel seems to make me peckish."

Mareck starts to re-wrap his scarf about his waist, expecting the others to adjourn for some dinner.

"Gotta look my best," he mutters under his breath, as he adjusts his stylish, wide brimmed Varisian hat.

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

"Rowan, are there enough additional seats for us, do you think?"

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

The others can hear Mareck's stomach begin to rumble.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Rogue(Trapsmith) 1 (HP8/9 AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12, F +1 R +5 W 0, Perception +6, Init +5

Rowan looks wide-eyed at the raven for a second. I didn't know you could talk. I saw no danger, just a woman in simple white clothing setting a table.

Rowan turns toward Mareck, "The table looked big enough for us, but I'm sure we are not the intended diners."

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')
Rowan Farabellus wrote:

Rowan looks wide-eyed at the raven for a second. I didn't know you could talk. I saw no danger, just a woman in simple white clothing setting a table.

Rowan turns toward Mareck, "The table looked big enough for us, but I'm sure we are not the intended diners."

"Well, of course not," says Mareck. "But maybe there's extra room for us, eh?"

"Shall we make the lady's acquaintance?"

Osirion

Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 72/72; AC 30/T 24/FF 23, CMD 36, v Grapple 41, Trip 40: F +12, R +11, W +10; perception +9, init +5)

eh, I don't know about this. It seems a little creepy. After all wasn't this place supposed to be abandoned?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar sighs "I do not believe we have a choice, as we need to record many details of this building and we cannot avoid the lady forever. Perhaps she is not hostile? Perhaps she is, let us experiment and move onward with our venture" And with that Tiasar walks up to the door and knocks (after waiting for party members to do any preperations they wish to do)


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

At Tiasar's knock, the woman comes and opens the door to reveal an armed and armored group (you guys). She starts for a moment at the sight, then speaks. "I was unaware that we had guests. Welcome to the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment. I am called Di Duang. I was just preparing for dinner. Perhaps you would like to join us? Korada will provide. How are you called?" She speaks quite politely.

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

Mareck bows low, sweeping off his hat in as courteous a manner he can, "I am Mareck Bolthune, lately of Absalom, the so-called City at the Center of the World."

He straightens up and resets his hat upon his head.

"Greetings, from a stranger to a stranger, Di Duang."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar does a funny hand gesture, then inclines his head. "I am Tiasar Auvrelth, well met Di Duang. I am afriad I myself will have to decline, as I would like to explore this Temple further. My allies however, might speak differently"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Greetings Mareck and Tiasar. I would be more than happy to give you a tour of the temple after our meal. I am sure a guide would give you far more information than exploring on your own."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

A smile spreads on Tiasar's face "Then I believe i shall stay for dinner as well" He looks to the other party members Sense Motive:1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Tiasar:
She seems to be honest with you with no ill intentions.

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 14 Modified withheld

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

@GM Xzaral, can I assume that my detect magic spell didn't find anything? I scanned her before i knocked

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Cleric 1 (HP11/11; AC 16/ T 11 / FF 15; F +2, R +2, W +5; perception +4)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
"'Twould be rude to refuse such a gracious invitation. I am called Glenn, Miss Di Duang" says Glenn, bowing his head slighty. "If you pardon my curiosity, yae said 'we' and 'us', who else is here?

GM Xzaral:
As he speaks, Glenn looks closely at the woman, comparing her appearance to the description he was given.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=10/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

"Well met."
sense motive
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Why the other followers of Korada. In total there are 15 residents of the temple at present. We are led by our most devout member, Dakang. Unfortunately you won't be able to meet him at our meal. He is otherwise occupied in prayer and meditation. But you will be able to meet most of the others, I just need to set places for the rest of you and I will summon them."

Glenn:
She seems to be honest with you with no ill intentions. Also she does not match the description given.

Jory:
She seems to be honest with you with no ill intentions.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar takes a quick sweep of the room to identify anything that stands out, then slowly starts scrutinizing the details, looking for anything interesting or that might be the subject of their mission perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Tiasar:
You do notice a distinct lack of cooking aromas.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar stays at the the door "So what is it we are eating?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Korada provides us with a simple vegeatarian fare."

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

"Veggie-huh-wha?" asks Mareck, stumbling over the fancy word. "Yuh mean greens? Yum!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar relaxes a bit "Ah, you are a vegetarian who eats them raw? It is a healthy choice, well shall we sit?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=10/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory sits down tucks a napkin into his shirt and gets ready to eat.
"thank you Irori for being there for us"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As the bell is rung, acolytes come into the chamber. Eleven individuals total enter, all wearing the same outfit of white with one exception, a gnome who wears a green tunic. All of them have bells sewn into the sleeves. Aside from the gnome in green, the other ten all wear white, 5 humans and 5 halflings. All greet you as they enter, praising Korada's will as they enter.

After the acolytes have come, a word is spoken and a magnificent vegetarian feast is summoned upon the table. The acolytes lower their heads and speak, "Korada will provide." before beginning their meal. As you watch, Di Duang prepares three additional plates besides her own.

The people you are introduced to.

A family of halflings. The patriarch is named Wei, his wife Liso, and their three boys Pulao, Xifen, and Tamtei.

Hamada, a male acolyte

Ziya, a female acolyte

Zhuang, an old human acolyte with hazel eyes and a streak of white in his hair.

Miriya, a young human woman and the librarian

Gastidem, the gnome in green.

Di DUang, the one preparing the meal

Let me know if you partake of the meal.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar wonders why dinner took so long to prepare if it was magically summoned. He sits at the table, thanking Duang for the food, then pulls out his journal again. He sits there, looking around the room and jotting things down, then asks "So we were told that this temple had been abondoned, and yet we find a dozen individuals who live here. I am infinitely curious as to your story" Tiasar has his hands folded over under his chin, leaning on the table and looking around. He hasn't touched his food.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"There is little to tell. Well all serve Korada under the Immortal Dakang here in the Temple. Our lives are one of communal peace, meditation and harmony."

Perception DC 10 (Forgot to include this):
You notice that nearly everyone here is missing either full fingers, or portions thereof. Wei in particular has no remaining fingers on his left hand.

Andoran

Male Ifrit Summoner 2 (HP16/16; AC 20 / T 20 / FF 18; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2, Perception +0, Darkvision 60')

Mareck looks at the food and the new entrants to the room, watching each in turn.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 1

They all look very nice.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Tiasar arcs an eyebrow at the hands "I am sorry, but I cannot fail to notice some of your lack of phalanges. May I be so forward as to inquire the nature of the problem?" Lol vocabulary


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

One of the acolytes speaks. "In the garden there is a turtle statue, one which may grant inspirational visions to the faithful. Gastidem is the one who handles the ritual, called the Kiss of Korada."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf AC-12/12/10 HP-17/20 Saves-2/3/3 Init-2 Perception-12 (10 if familiar isn't nearby) Wizard 3

Tiasar's eyes shoot open "You sacrifice your fingers as a ritual?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=10/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory looks shocked. "That is some price to pay--fingers. You are dedicated I grant you that."

51 to 100 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment - Blue Team Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.