Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS First Steps Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

A Vision of Betrayal

The Map Link


51 to 100 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Does anyone want to call dibs on the MW Longspear? If not, I'll keep it.
Daniel stops and draws his weapon, observing the surroundings.
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
"I wonder if this is the work of that predator the Centaurs warned us about. Jericho, can you confirm the cause of death?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Talor stops as well, drawing his pistol and watching the edges of the clearing.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

It is too quiet, friends. I would not be surprised if this is indeed the work of the beast of which we were warned.

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho draws a pair of small vials from within his clothing and prepares to mix them as he looks intently at the carcass.

Does the creature seem to have been killed by an animal?
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton pulls out his sling and reloads it, but then he looks mournfully at it. "Maybe I should get a crossbow or something with a little more stopping power. I haven't even ever hit anything with this"

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]
Astarton Columbridge wrote:

Astarton pulls out his sling and reloads it, but then he looks mournfully at it. "Maybe I should get a crossbow or something with a little more stopping power. I haven't even ever hit anything with this"

Perception Check: 1d20+5

You should learn how to make bombs. Bombs have great stopping power.

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Happy for an excuse to get off the horse Wuse hops the the ground and refreshes himself. He makes sure to offer to others despite this being an akward time for a drink. Looks like something did the work of killing our dinner. How nice. Bet it would come out if we went for its kill. Who wants to be bait. He he.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The corpse of the animal has been half eaten, killed by raking claws.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"How am I supposed to get my horse across that log? How am I going to get myself across that log? That log looks a bit unsteady. Maybe we can find another way around."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Talor:
As you all examine the carcass and discuss the river, you notice a black cat with violet colored eyes on the other side of the bridge. As you notice it, the creature turns and bolts through the woods.

The sound of a movement can be heard on the other side of the river.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Talor raises his pistol and points excitedly at a spot at the edge of the woods across the river.

There! I have seen the cat! It just ran into the woods.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Nester puts a hand over his eyes to shield the sun and looks across the river. "I don't see anything. How should we cross over? We're not going to let small cat stop us from completing our mission, are we?"

How do you all wish to proceed? The creature does not appear to be coming for you at present. And you have a river to cross. If taking the log, I will need Acrobatic checks. Also the map link is now in the top bar under the campaign info.


Daniel regards the log with suspicion.
"This log doesn't look very reliable. Can we cut down that tree to the right of it instead?"
I vote for not chasing the cat.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"And me without a saw. We may have to go around to find a ford or a better bridge somewhere. These maps need to be more detailed."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

My friends, I think we may be able to make it across the log. If we do so, we should be at the ready once we cross, in case the cat comes back. Do you see a good place to cross, Ser Columbridge?

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"Well I suppose I could give it a try and when I get over I could try to secure a rope on the other side to give people a handhold."

And like he had never complained at all before he hops off of his horse and heads right across the log. But before long he is flailing his arms like a windmill in a hurricane.

Acrobatics roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

A bit shaky at first, Astarton manages to make it across the log without falling into the rapidly flowing waters, making it to the other side.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

After he gets across, he pats his pockets then scratches his head with a sheepish grin. "Ah well, I don't have a rope, so someone will have to toss me one!" He hollers back across the river.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Astarton is across the other side at present. The DC to cross is 10 on an acrobatics check. Or you can attempt to ford the river, which will involve strength checks. A secured rope will provide a +2 bonus on the checks, and you can take 10 on them.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

I shall cross, friends, and use this rope - he takes the coil of rope from his pack - to aid our crossing.

Here - he hands one end of his rope to Daniel (or whomever is closest) - hold this end, please. Astarton and I shall secure the other end across the river.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

With that, Talor flits across the log with only the occasional wobble and flailing of the arms. He is no elven acrobat, to be sure, but Talor seems remarkably nimble for a dwarf as he makes his way.


Daniel will hold the rope from his end for whoever is willing to use it. Once everyone makes it, he himself will attempt to ford the river.
Str check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Wuse checks his booze balast for balance and shimmys his way accross the log on his hands and knees.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho will very cautiously cross the log, taking his time so as not to have a chance at swimming.

Acrobatics: Take 10+2+2=14.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Nester takes the rope and manages to get himself across as well with little issue, thanks to your assistance. "Excellent job. And I'm glad to see the cat hasn't attacked us yet. Shall we continue on or do we have more business to conduct here?"

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

oh s*%%e i fergot about dinner. Wuse scrambles back across the log takes out his axe and lops off a hind quarter of the deer. He secures it to his sack and scurries back to you a smile on his face.

Survival:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
i cant fail the acro i dont think.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"Well, if we don't want to leave our horses behind, we might need to get them across somehow. Is anyone here good with animals?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Nothing prevents the horses from taking the fallen log as well. They have a positive modifier to acrobatics, and with the +2 can easily take 10 on the check.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Fair enough. I suppose it won't take too much difficulty to get across from here then. Before we continue I do want to take a perception Check to see if the Cat came back. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Astarton:
There are no signs of the cat at this point.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"I guess at this point we need to move on, although I wish we could tell our centaur friends where we spotted the beast. Anyone speak smoke signals?"


"I have flint and steel, we could arrange the fire. As for smoke signals, maybe they can be imitated by pulling a wet blanket over the bonfire and back?"

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

eh and we could have ourselves an ikkle snack too!. Wuse says patting the haunch of meat.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Nester offers his own input. "I will of course defer to your own judgement on these matters, but we are on a time limit. Even if we are close enough still for the centaurs to see us, do you think they will come? And how quickly?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"I think that an hour of our time will be enough if they are searching the area. After that we leave a note and proceed. It is the least we can do because of their generosity. I am sure that we can make up for lost time if we proceed with earnest after that."

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Wuse has already made himself comfortable under a tree and is gingerly sipping from a small flask. I don't know nothin bout smoke signals not I. Smoking on the other hand, well I once knew a guy had a pipe ,was a dagger, was a blowgun, ooo good times we had.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Having passed the river, you all wait an hour for the centaurs to see your smoke signal. When nothing comes upon you, you leave a note for the creatures then proceed down the path.

After awhile, night begins to fall and you find a small place to make camp for the evening.

I need to know your watch schedule, please.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Also please arrange yourselves on the map. I've placed you near the campsite.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton will take first watch, he likes staying up late.

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

what map?


Daniel is fine with the middle watch since he doesn't need to prepare spells.

The map link is at the top left of the page, under the campaign title. There are some interesting tokens in there! o.0

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Last watch for me. Get my drinking started early.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Talor will take watch wherever he fits in.

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho will take either first or last.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

For the first two watches, the night passes unsuprisingly quiet. Astarton and Jericho take their turns and awake Daniel for his watch. About half an hour in, he stands to stretch his legs for a moment, going to the pile of nearby branches to stoke the fire. As he starts to bend, somethign glimmers off the light of the fire in the brush, something with eyes, something watching.

Suddenly, Daniel realizes the beast means to attack one of the sleeping people!

Surprise round, only Daniel and the beast can act. Remember, surprise action only. Everyone can make a DC 0 Perception roll to wake up for Round 1.

Surprise Round Inish
Talor
Wuse Guy
Beast (Moves next to Jericho for surprise action)
Nester
Astarton
Daniel
Jericho

Dice:

1d5 ⇒ 3
Daniel Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Beast Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Okay, that's just, I mean, that's incredibly amazing right there!
Jericho 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Astarton 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Wuse Guy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Talor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Daniel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Beast 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Nester 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d5 ⇒ 2


Daniel shouts as loud as he can, hoping to wake up the group and also either scare away the beast or draw its ire:
"ALARM! Get up! The beast attacks!"
I hope Daniel has his armor on and weapons with him?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

I would assume so, since standing watch. Also talking is a free action, so you can still take an action (such as draw a weapon).


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Talor, Wuse Guy can go ahead and act as well for Round 1.

Surprise Round Inish
Talor
Wuse Guy
Beast (Moves next to Jericho for surprise action)
Nester
Astarton
Daniel
Jericho

Round 1 Inish
Talor
Wuse Guy
Beast
Nester
Astarton
Daniel
Jericho


Daniel draws the masterwork longspear he got from the centaurs and prepares to repel the creature.

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

round 1

Wuse spins about suprised by the shouting and groans unhappily. This is quickly followed by a grrunt as he flings the beer skin he was cuddling with at the foul beast.

Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception what is it:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

if youve ever played franzia tag you all know a bag of booze is a legitimate weapon. He he.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Round 1

Talor wakes with a start, grabs his pistol (move action), and loads it (another move action).

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Having had his watch already, Astarton was pretty out of it when the warning came. He stared at the beast for a moment with his hair doing a good impression of a rooster's comb, and a spot of drool dripping of his chin. "Huh..." was the extent of his witty repartee.

51 to 100 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS First Steps Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.