Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Xzaral's PFS First Steps Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

A Vision of Betrayal

The Map Link


1 to 50 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Opened in case you would like to Dot

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Poke. Can I poke instead?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

What you choose to do behind a spoiler is your business ;p

Sczarni

male Human Rogue 1 [hp 11/11] [AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13] [Fort +0, Ref +6, Will -1] [Perception +3]

Dotting the dotable dot.

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Dotted


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The six of you are summoned to the heart of Skyreach to meet with Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng, a wiry old man with a wild gray beard and glinting eyes. He sits on a large plush bench next to a finely dressed and full-figured woman, who looks as though this meeting isn't worth her time. Drandle speaks up. "I'd like to introduce you all to Lady Gloriana Morilla." the woman tilts her head slightly in acknowledgement, but makes no other effort to greet you.

Dreng continues on. “Recently, a contact from the Low Azlanti embassy in Escadar approached us with an offer. It seems they have discovered a unique relic of Azlanti origin on the Inner Sea’s floor that we have a unique opportunity to add to our collection for study. In return, however, we must deliver one of our catalogued items to Escadar in exchange. The Low Azlanti drive a hard bargain, so we need you to escort a relics broker to Escadar so he can authenticate the Azlanti item and mediate a fair deal on the Ten’s behalf.

"I should warn you that the Society isn't the only ones after this relic. The Aspis Consortium has also tendered an offer, and the gillmen have agreed to accept it if we don't finalize our own agreement within 30 days. An Aspis warship patrols the waters outside Escadar, preventing us from arriving unmolested. However, Lady Gloriana and I have come up with a solution."

Lady Morilla stirs from her silence and speaks in a strong, demanding voice. “I have used some of the Empire of Taldor’s most skilled operatives to plant a false crew manifest and course plans with the harbormaster, ensuring that the Aspis Consortium spies who certainly keep an eye on such matters believe we are moving our relic to Escadar on a ship tomorrow morning. This decoy should occupy the Consortium sufficiently for you to travel overland to Escadar with plenty of time to make the final agreement with the gillmen before the Society’s window of opportunity runs out.”

Dreng continues next, "Head to the Siphons in the Puddles and speak with Grandmaster Torch. He will provide you with a route to Escadar. Afterwards meet with Nester Rees at this address. He's the appraiser you need to escort. Once there we have arranged lodgings for you at the Grindylow's Goblet. Send word to the Low Azlant embassy and watch over the negotiations. Do you have any questions?"

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Seems a pretty clear escort and babysit.


"How long is the road to Escadar? Are any means of transport available to us, or must we travel on foot?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton takes the address and the rest of the information from Dreeg. "You can count on us to get him there safely. I am sure your plan will work quite well."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"Grandmaster Torch can answer your questions better than I, Daniel. And remember, all because it sounds easy doesn't mean there won't be unexpected hurdles. Can't plan for everything."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Indeed - we must be prepared for any surprises. Perhaps we should proceed to meet with Grandmaster Torch. I am anxious to hear more of our route.

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho bows to Venture-Captain Dreng and Lady Morilla and withdraws from the room. Once outside he waits for the others tojoin him befor heading for Grandmaster Torch.

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Wuse stays quiet durring all this official buisness. He cant help but not really pay attenyion as his mind drifts to liquid dreams.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The Random Hand of fate shall decide: 1d100 ⇒ 65


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As you all prepare to leave, Lady Gloriana holds out her hand to Daniel to aid her in rising. As Daniel pulls his hand back, he finds a note has been palmed to him.

Note:

Dearest Pathfinders,

As you know, the people of Taldor share a proud history that traces their blood to the ancient Azlanti who founded our great nation. I have a letter that I ask you to deliver to the gillman embassy in Escadar, so my request requires no additional effort on your part other than carrying a simple envelope and delivering it when you reach your final destination. I have no hesitation in telling you the letter asks the gillmen to consider an alliance with the nation of Taldor—if the letter finds its way into an influential gillman’s hands, it would please me greatly. A new dawn will rise over Taldor,

Lady Gloriana Morilla


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

You travel through the flooded streets of the puddles, finding your entrance into the siphons. A gruff half-orc guard grants you entry into Grandmaster Torch's audience chamber. Torch is a dark-haired man, covered in burns and sitting in a bathtub, two attendants continually pouring water over him. His half-orc bodyguards eye you continually as he speaks.

“Well met, Pathfinders. I see you have survived as the Decemvirate’s pawns thus far, and for that I commend you. This next task they have for you is more dangerous than the venture-captain may have told you, so let me give you a word of warning. I have made it my life’s work to ensure Pathfinder agents are given all the tools they need to return home from their myriad adventures, and this map is the tool I give you. Follow the directions on my map as strictly as you can. Deviate from this path and you may encounter challenges far beyond your abilities. Many would paint me and those who believe like I do as betrayers of the Society, but it is the corps of the organization that I am completely loyal to. Each and every one of you.

“If you believe you have been mistreated by the Ten or their representatives, don’t hesitate to let me know upon your return from Escadar. My network of agents and spies if vast, and I am a powerful ally to have on your side.

”Now be off. You have a long journey ahead of you. And remember, don’t deviate from this map—it’s designed to get you there and back safely!”

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

I'm going to take some liberty with Wuse's Background here, if It's too much or something happens because of it please chage what you like.

What Wuse does in the Puddles:

As soon as he enters the puddles Wuse springs to life his nostrils flaring. He thinks of the standard route to Torch and figures a quick stop onto his favorite (well top 10) bar and get a drink. As we pass the bar:

Hey guys, I'm going to get a quick drink, I know the best place right over there.

Without really waiting for a reply he sets off towards a dumpy looking place that most likely only has the best e-coli rather than the best beer. He walks right in and you can see through the open door him skitter up to the bar. You notice the whole bar has turned their attention to him upon his entry. The bartender hands him a very large flagon and wuse turns to face the people back resting on the bar. He smiles.

In a second the beer is within Wuse. He slams the mug on the table, strides to a half-orc woman sitting near the entrance, and headbutts her.

The whole bar erupts into cheering as Wuse makes his exit. He ruturns to the group much more even in his step. He is silent, but wears a large tooth lacking grin.

I just felt that would be a good representation on Wuse, It doesn't have to happen if it would get in the way.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Talor is amused by Wuse Guy's side trip, but does not interfere.

After Grandmaster Torch is finished, Talor gives him a short bow: Thank you Grandmaster. If I may ask so that we are not caught unawares, what dangers await off the path?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Player's Handout 2

"All manners of creature could conceivably be encountered. The route I am providing, while I have not taken myself, I have on good word to have been used often enough to have little enough to worry about. I could spend weeks preparing you for anything you may encounter, but by then it will be too late. Try to stay on the path."

Wuse Guy:
Fine with bits of RP like that! It's harder to work them into Organized Play at times, but go ahead.


"Grandmaster, what do you know of the gillmen? They are obviously savages, but are they predisposed towards evil? Or are they simply forced to their harsh ways as means of survival when pressed by the civilized races?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"The gillmen are people, each with their own goals and motivations with as much variety as you and us. I'm not certain where you have heard of their harsh ways, though they can be as brutal as any of us when pushed."


"I spoke not of them as individuals, but as a society. Humans are also diverse but there have been human kingdoms ruled by evil tyrants. But I guess my perception of their harsh ways was born out of prejudice. I shall find a way to atone for that."

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"Thank you for your concern Grandmaster, we will be careful on our journey. We had best be on our way." Astarton didn't know what was going on in particular, but he was sure they were not intent on giving out more information than they were letting out, but someone was holding back something. He was sure of it. It seemed odd to him that there would be such amounts of intrigue in a society that purported the transparency of information.

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Agreed, the sooner the better, this route brings us right by another favorite bar of mine. I'll have to be quick though lest I start a riot there. Don't exactly have the cleanest of tabs, he he. Hopefully the managers not in.

The actual bar visit can be glazed over of course


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

You all have ample opportunity to make any necessary purchases for your journey. Base on the map, the approximate distance is 108 miles, though you will be traversing some difficult terrain. Remember to take into account party travel speeds (for 20' and 30'). I'll put up the next post, but if there's anything you wish to purchase, please do so.

While preparing for the journy, you finally meet up with the appraiser, Nester Rees. He appears to be a man of Garundi descent. The first noticeable thing about the man is the limp with which he walks, and the cain he holds to support himself. "Greetings gentlemen. I am Nester Rees, appraiser for the Pathfinder Society. I have already prepared my belongings for the trip and will be ready to depart whenever you all are."

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Eh, man is that bum leg going to be a problem. Noone mentioned anything about that, you sure you can walk the whole way. Do we need a cart?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"I assure you, I can keep up quite acceptably, though the concern is most appreciated. I would actually be more concerned about those of you in the heavier armor, and you good dwarf. While I'm sure you could walk much longer than I, you do poesses, how should I say this. A shorter stride if you will. I would be more than happy to acquire a few ponies for the expedition, to ensure we arrive in a timely fashion."

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

I will not stay in a saddle. I'm not tryin ta be diffucult here just saying it's physically impossible. Pehaps we should grab a lounging cart if I'm going to slow us down walking. Just big enough for me so it doesn't slow down the horse. Sorta wheelbarrow type thing. I'll just layabout on it so I don't slow you down.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"The choice is yours, but depending on the route, the mountains may be difficult to traverse in a wagon."

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Well, looks like saddle it is then. Oh my arse hurts already.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

"Aww, don't worry about that Wuse, we can always tie you in."

Astarton checks the route to see if they will be going through mountains.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Player's handout 2 above is a map. I'll relink it.

Player's Handout 2


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The Cairnlands, a broken landscape of blood-salted earth and the ruins of countless failed assaults on Absalom’s walls, soon yields to open fields and fertile ground. Ahead, a vast forest covers the foothills of large range of snow-capped mountains. The well-trodden road soon ends at a tall wall of trees, signaling the end of civilization.

As you approach, a group of three centaurs can be seen coming over a hillrise nearby. One of their numbers, presumably the leader, calls out to you. "Hail travelers. I am called Urdel Thunderhoof. You travel far from Absalom. Perhaps I could have a moment?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton got more agitated the further into the wilds they went. All of this open land with who knows what behind every tree, it was unnerving. When they were approached by centaurs, he relaxed. At least they couldn't hide behind trees.

"If your moment is for some pleasant conversation or a bit of advice, I for one would welcome it. But sadly, a moment is all we can spare since we have a long way to go yet and we have need of a prompt arrival."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"So much the better for you that we speak then. My group are hunters, following the trail of a great cat in the area. It has threatened our food supply so we seek to deal with it. I would recommend you be wary."


Hello? Anyone still here?
Daniel salutes the noble creatures.
"Thank you for the information. We will be doubly watchful. Incidentally, which way are you pursuing it now?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Yep, was actually going to send out a PM to everyone. Going to do that anyway, as this thread did the disappear thing on me.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1.2 HP 12/12 | Grit 2/2 | AC 15 / 13 t / 12 ff | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Perc +6

Talor gazes into the trees, almost as though he expects the cat to burst through at any moment.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"We plan to travel west from here, hoping to find it's lair before returning to our village. Where does your group travel at this time?"


"Our path lies to the north, through the mountains. We would gladly assist you and make our own journey safer, but we still have a long way to go and cannot allow ourselves to be delayed. Unless you know how we could pass the mountains quicker?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Shadow Lodge

M Dwarf (quingong drunken master of many styles)Monk 1

Wuse has spent most of his time trying to stay on his damnded horse. He hasn't had the time to take a drink in hours and you can tell it is effecting him heavily. He actually appears mildly sober. But not entirely nice at the moment. He has taken this opportunity to swig large amounts from his skin. Upon finishing he takes inventory of his surroundings. His face scrunches up as if trying to recall something.

Cat, you say...I hear cat is tasty.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton smiles at the centaurs, which being rather tall themselves allowed him to look them in the eye while astride his horse. He tried to get a sense of the creatures even though he wasn't normally good at this kind of thing.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Andoran

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho watches the Centaurs with open interest. Magnificent creatures. Too bad we do not have the time to travel with them for a time.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

"There is little we can tell you beyond our hunting grounds, but we would not have you go away empty handed." The centaur leader retrieves a handful of berries from a pouch and one of his longspears. "These berries have an enchantment placed upon them to make them a full meal, as well as to heal wounds. And this spear is well crafted by my tribesmen. I ask you please take care, friends."

You receive 8 goodberries (as the spell), 4 days duration. And a Masterwork Longspear.

"We must be off to continue the hunt. Good travels."

Unless someone wants to ask something more of them, the centaurs take their leave.

Astarton:
You sense no deceit from the centaurs.

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 15 Modifier withheld.


"We are in your debt, friends. Should you require our assistance, you can seek us out in the Absalom Pathfinder Lodge. Fare thee well and good hunting to you."
Daniel marches forward, his spirits lifted by the selfless kindness of the creatures.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As the centaurs leave, Nester remarks on the encounter. "You all handled yourselves well. I feel that I am in quite capable hands seeing that situation resolved. Though we should definitely press on."

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Elf Level 2 Bard (Arcane Duelist) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive -1

Astarton spoke to Daniel as they rode off. "They seemed nice. I wouldn't want to invite them to a dinner party though. They are too tall to be comfortable in my place. That and I don't know if they are housebroken. My horse sure isn't. Although they are only half horse. But still, it's the wrong half for that sort of thing..."


Daniel allows himself to smile. "I'm not sure they would be excited to go under human roof and eat human food, anyway. They are closely bonded with the nature, and we are lucky to be treated so kindly by them. I prefer to think of it as a good omen."


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death.

Ahead of you, you all spy a deer carcass laying in the middle of the path ahead.

Dice:

Jericho 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Astarton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Wuse Guy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Talor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Daniel 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The Map Link

1 to 50 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xzaral's PFS First Steps Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.