Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Woran's The Citadel of Flame

Game Master Woran

Initiative cheat sheet:

[dice=initiative Samrok Earthfist]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=initiative Araklifest]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=initiative Setsuna Zola]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=initiative Malachai Mayes]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]


201 to 250 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Setsuna gives a foul face. This thing just laughed off her punches as if was nothing. She 5ft steps backwards and, with a smile, starts launching Shurikens at the flying rat. On impact, these things explode in a sea of glue, and she hopes that the creature plummets after having its wings glued together.

Tangleshot Shuriken Flurry 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11(Touch AC) for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 rounds of entangle.
Tangleshot Shuriken Flurry 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20(Touch AC) for 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 rounds of entangle.

Each time a Tangleshot Shuriken hits a target, next to being entangled, the target needs to make a Reflex save of DC10 or be unable to use winged flight (and thus falls to the ground). It is a long shot, but maybe...?

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

Woran, don't forget the creature is dazzled, so a minus 1 on all attacks


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

I kept forgetting dazzled, and remembering it after the 1 hour edit period was up. But as far as I could tell, it did not matter anywhere

reflex 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
reflex 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Justin: Easily jumps the gap. His momentum certainly helps and he smacks into the creature with great force!
With mage armor up, the AoO is a miss

Setsuna: Hits the creature with shuriken, but its too fast to be entangled by the glue.

Samrok can still act.

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

If it is hit, it is entangled. The save is to not get stuck to the floor/glue the wings together. It works like the regular Tanglefoot Bag, just with a severe lowering of the Reflex to not get punished harder than regular entangle.


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Who (or what) are we waiting for? Did someone forget their turn?

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

It's Samrok's turn. I was planning to poke him in real life tomorrow.

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

Sorry, been busy the last few days

Stabilize on Araklifest


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Justin: Easily jumps the gap. His momentum certainly helps and he smacks into the creature with great force!
With mage armor up, the AoO is a miss

Setsuna: Hits the creature with shuriken, but its too fast to be get its wings stuck. It is moving a bit slower none the less.

Samrok: Stabalized Araklifest

Gaav: Seeing how Justin was the only one to harm it, the creature now turns it attention to the Inevitable.

stab at Justin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
claw attack at Justin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
claw attack at Justin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

But it looks like Justin might just be the luckies Inevitable alive.

Initiative

Round 2

Samrok
Justin
Setsuna
Gaav 12 damage
Araklifest Unconcious
Malachai

Malachai can act!

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

I'm glad I entangled that thing! Those are some serious attack bonuses it gets for a tier 1-2 enemy!


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Delay. I have nothing useful. Justin will just have to pound him.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Round 3

Samrok
Justin
Setsuna
Gaav 12 damage
Araklifest Unconcious
Malachai

Samrok, Justin and Setsuna can act.
Malachai is on delay and can act whenever.

Its a non-beastiary monster. Its from Princes of Darkness: Book of the Damned, Vol. 1. Its CR 3 so meant to be a good challenge

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

I see I still got something in my inventory, but it isn't much... If it is still alive next round, I might have to start trying to UMD my wand for Araklifest...

Setsuna sees the bugger covered in glue, but it is still capable of flight... A serious letdown, for sure, but it just means she needs something else. Amongs her trick stars, she finds her Raining Shurikens and decides to give them a try. The thing annoys the hell out of her, so maybe it came from there.

Raining Shuriken Flurry 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 for 1d2 ⇒ 2 damage and 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 Holy Water damage.
Raining Shuriken Flurry 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d2 ⇒ 2 damage and 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 Holy Water damage.

Targets Normal AC, if they hit it they deal weapon damage and Holy Water damage. If they miss, they are wasted.


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Justin keeps slamming the thing, because that's what he's good at.

Slam attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Slam damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Bleh, that doesn't poke through his DR, I think. :(

Justin steps away from the ledge, so he won't be pushed off.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Setsuna's holy water burns deep pits in the creatures flesh! It shrieks in agony and it flees, quickly flying back up trough the gap and away.

You see its form getting smaller and smaller in the distance. You have a feeling its not coming back anytime soon.

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Thank god, we hit the morale tactics... What an incredibly nasty critter that is. Also, better stock up on more of those shurikens for next session. They're pricey, but they really work!

"And stay lost!" Setsuna shouts as the whatever-it-is flies away. She then turns towards Araklifest, who lies stabilized on the floor next to her. She grabs her wand of Cure Light Wounds, kneels next to Araklifest, and tries to activate the stick to heal the unconscious Elf.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 nope
UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 locked...

"What is wrong with this damn thing?!? Broken piece of crap!"
She then shakes Araklifest. "Hey Elf, you better stay away from the light, you hear me?!? No matter who calls to you, don't walk in there!"

I fear that someone else needs to heal him, as my wand is locked for the rest of the day... Setsuna really can't catch a break...

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

If someone has a rope, or I can take 10 on the jump, I will heal Araklifest, but no way that I am jumping that gap without a backup plan


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Someone mentioned using a rope before, but yeah, taking 10 I should be able to make it as well.

"Good work, Setsuna! I'm glad you came prepared. Let's patch up Araklifest so we can continue, yes?"

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Araklifest tied a rope around his waist, tossed the other end to me, and then finely jumped across. That rope is still around his waist.

Setsuna sees the dwarf looking a bit antsy about the gap in the floor. She stops shaking Araklifest, and unties the rope around his waist. She then tosses one end towards Samrok, while giving the other end to Justin.

"Now you have a safety rope, Samrok. So you can just jump and you'll be fine."

She then turns towards Justin. "We need you to hold the other end in case things go wrong. My strength comes from my momentum, not my muscles, so I'm a poor fit for that job."

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

Samrok ties the rope around himself before taking a running start.

"I should learn to fly" He grumbles beneath his beard.

jump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

And gracefully lands at the other side of the gap.

He draws his wand of CLW and uses it to heal Araklifest. 3 charges I believe?


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

3 charges would get Araklifest nearly full


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Huh, apparently I don't have Infernal Healing. I could've sworn regular Summoners had access to it, but apparently Unchained doesn't.

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

If you bought a wand of that, I could try to UMD it. But with my luck this scenario, I'll end up locking it as well...

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Magus 2 | HP: 13/15 AC: 16 (20 with shield) | T: 13 | FF: 13 | CMB: 3 CMD: 16 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +3 | Init: +5 | Low-light vision | Spells per day: 4/3

Araklifest regaines consiousness when Samrok uses his wand. Still a bit confused he looks around, especially for the critter that did him in. "Where is it? Did you kill it? What was that?" he stutters, while standing. "That will be my first buy, when we reach civilisation again." and he indicates the wand he so sorely misses.

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

"Now we have dealt with that nonsense we should finish this quest. Seeing how you have failed to spot any traps Setsuna, I suggest you let me inspect the door."

Samrok casts a spell. His eyes become wide, like those of a bird of prey, and you see some feathers in his neck while Samrok inspects the door:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 3 + 1 = 28 Aspect of the falcon, and Hawkeye. If it is unusual stonework, add another + 2


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The door seems perfectly safe. However, Samrok spots some unusal stonework on one of the statues decorating the bridge.
Opening the small door in the statue, you find a bag. The bag contaoins mostly shiny baubles and worthless bits of smooth stone and a tattered book. The book, written in Common, is the journal of one of the ancient cult’s slaves and describes her recruitment, enslavement, and the initial assault of Sarenrae’s crusaders on the Citadel, including a graphic description of the battle-crazed dervishes slaughter of many of the Citadel’s slaves.

This loot used to be a faction mission

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

"Justin, please open the door for us. It should be safe."


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

YES, OF COURSE. I'M IMMORTAL ANYWAY, SO LET THE ROBOT TAKE ALL THE HITS, RIGHT?

Justin sounds weary already. He's probably wishing he's back on his own plane by now.

Malachai jumps over the gap after having tied the rope around him. After everyone's in position, Justin opens the door.

Do I need to roll for the jump? With a rope for safety and a take 10 I'll make it anyway.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Magus 2 | HP: 13/15 AC: 16 (20 with shield) | T: 13 | FF: 13 | CMB: 3 CMD: 16 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +3 | Init: +5 | Low-light vision | Spells per day: 4/3

Araklifest learns at last. He casts shield on himself, before Justin opens the door at the end of the bridge.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

With the rope you're safe, no need to roll

When Justin opens the door, the door feels hot to the touch. Not enough to damage, but enough to be uncomfortable. The door is very thick, but not stuck, so it slowly opens up. The moment its open a crack, increadibly hot air wafts out, and the din of metal on metal fills the air.
The red glow of lava dimly lights the vast room inside. Rivulets of molten rock thread the hall’s floor, fed by streams of lava flowing down the walls. Four enormous forges are spaced evenly around the room, with large hammers, bellows, anvils, and tanks of water dripping on the lava below. A circular ramp rises gently near the center of the room, looping above the lava channels before disappearing into the gloom above.
At one forge, a dwarf is busy hammering on a spearpoint. The sound echos in the chamber. It doesnt appear as if he has noticed you.

Updated the map


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Malachai looks over Setsuna's shoulder.

"Should we disturb him?" he whispers. "I mean, he's the first guy to not attack us on sight, but that's because he hasn't seen us yet."

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

"He is also the first one to not hide in an ambush, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Might be a good change of pace with all those bastards so far."

Setsuna swats some dust of her shoulders in an attempt to make her look more presentable. She unwrinkles her face out of "sourpuss" mode, and steps into the room to hail the Dwarf.
"Good afternoon, Sir Dwarf. I'm Setsuna Zola and these are my companions. You are the first entity in this citadel we encounter that isn't hiding out of malice, or mentally insane for that matter, so I'm hoping we could we could stay on friendlier terms with each other. We are here to explore this citadel, cataloging anything of historical value. Could you maybe assist us on this matter?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf is startled for a moment, having not heard you come in. When he turns around, you see that his face and arms are heavily scarred.
"Ah, G'day fair lady. My name is Vulcus. I'm afraid I dont know much about the history of these parts. I am just a humble blacksmith, purchased by my 'employers' to make weapons for them here. And altough this is a fine forge for sure, I would rather have my freedom, if you know what I mean."

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

"So why don't you just leave?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Sense motive on his answer


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf looks embarrased and uncomfortable. "My generous employers of course took some extra measures to make my stay, he uses finger quotes, "more 'comfortable'. Really, they are too generous. Luckily it looks like you are just a party of 'new recruits' and not violent and dangerous at all, so I dont have to sound the alarm."

He wiggles his eyebrows for good measure.

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

"Oh yes, there is absolutely no need to sound an alarm, when the 'new recruits' are merely passing through. We would like to meet up with the employer, to see if we can work something out. You know, we might even be able to change some aspects of the work here, if you're willing to join 'the union'? Something like the right to a 'vacation' of undetermined length?"

Setsuna gives a gleeful smile. "So, is the employer in his or her workstation right now? And is he or she already in another 'meeting'? We would hate to interrupt another discussion."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Not so veiled attempt to ascertain the person in charge, this person's whereabouts, and to see if this person is alone or not. I mean, it seems he wants a way out of his slavery, so he might be willing to just tell us.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf looks relieved you are catching on.
"Yes, yes, she's mostly at the top of the fortress, doing... things. I didnt see anyone else pass trough so I assume she's alone."

He strains the word 'things' as if he wants to say something else, but can not do so.

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

I let you guys do the talking, as I have a -3 on diplomacy against him, and that is only because he is a fellow dwarf

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Magus 2 | HP: 13/15 AC: 16 (20 with shield) | T: 13 | FF: 13 | CMB: 3 CMD: 16 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +3 | Init: +5 | Low-light vision | Spells per day: 4/3

"Do you have some idea what kind of weapon or magic would hurt her most?" asks Araklifest the dwarf, who is obviously willing to cooperate, but perhaps afraid to do so open.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf breaks into a sweat. "Hurt, hurt? I would never think of hurting my generous mistress! And why would want to hurt her, being new recruits and all? Hurting her sounds like something intruders would do, and you are not intruders. If you were I would need to sound the alarm."

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

It looks like the dwarf has a tough moment, clenshing his fists and jaw, but it passes.
"Please, be good recruits and go greet your new mistress, at the top floor. Be 'nice' to her, please."

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

Is there anything we should not do? Something that could hurt the mistress? Proper new recruits should be aware of things the mistress can not stand, so they can avoid hurting her.


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

I'm keeping quiet to give other people a chance to interact, but I love the interactions here.

Justin just stands in the room, his gears audibly grinding in noncomprehension. Seems like he hasn't fully mastered the concept of sarcasm. Malachai, meanwhile, is grinning like a maniac and looking proudly at what's happening right now.


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf looks in doubt for a moment, weighing Samrok's words.
"I've honestly been not here too long, and as a 'working asset' I havent been involved in much of the 'Glorious worship of the great lord Moloch'. But she is a very devout follower. The 'Great and Glorious Lord Moloch' gives her divine gifts I think, altough I'm not sure what they are."

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Ahh, a Cleric of some sorts. That is good to know.

Also, Setsuna is ready to go upstairs to meet the master. Does anyone still have some burning questions they want to ask in a roundabout way before we go?

Grand Lodge

Male N Dwarven Druid HP: 10/10 AC: 17 | T:12, | FF: 15 | CMB: +0 | ACP -1 CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: 7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (+12 in bright light), SM: +11 |Darkvision

I don't, go ahead, trigger the traps

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Normally I would rebuke such statements, but this one is awfully accurate...


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The dwarf cheerfully waves you on.
"Good luck upstairs. I'll see you soon I hope!"

Going up the ramp, you enter the next part of the tower. The ramp exands to the sides of the room, looping about it.
The corridor’s walls are decorated with mosaics of a female pilgrim’s journey. Throughout these scenes, a small golden idol of Moloch perches on her shoulder.

The innermost loop is covered in a large mural that shows a devotee of Moloch abandoning her family to begin a pilgrimage to the Citadel, as well as her journey through the Qadiran desert, with sandstorms, steadfast refusal of water, and a heat-induced vision of Moloch.
A super-heated vent of air from the forge blows upward across the outer wall of the loop. Next to it lays a pile of black sand. Pilgrims place a handful of sand above the vent and allow it to scour their bare faces
(the nearby mural depicts this clearly).

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

Alright, alright... I'll go trigger the trap/encounter...
Setsuna walks into the room, looking around the chamber. Maybe her bad luck is over now, with the last encounter going over so nicely. Still, Setsuna is on alert, for bad luck comes around when you least expect it.
Perception into the room: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

She also looks at the mural, then to the black sand and the vent, and realizes something.
"No wonder those Moloch cultists are hardly around anymore. They have absolutely no survival instinct..."


Into the Unknown map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

There is grit on the floor like someone has done this before. But it doesnt look like it was recent.
Much to Setsuna's surprise, it isnt a trap.

Cautiously going onwards, you go up the middle loop. The middle loop illustrates the passage through the
hoodoo maze: you recognize several of the hoodoos from your own approach the the Citadel. The pilgrim encounters increasingly large fire creatures, but in each case she prostrates herself to them and is allowed to pass.
At the center of the hall, an obsidian statue of a towering bull-headed man looms over mosaics of pilgrims kneeling before it.


Malachai: HP 11 AC 16 T 13 F 13 | F+2 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 Justin HP 9 AC 15 (19 with Mage Armor)T 11 F 14 (18 with Mage Armor)| F+3 R+1 W+2 | Perception +4

Malachai yawns while looking at the murals.

"I've never really understood why people would devote themselves to a deity, especially a silly one like this one."

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU LACK MORALS AND COMMITMENT. WHILE THE GUY DOWNSTAIRS WAS LACKING IN MORAL FIBER, AT LEAST HE'S DEDICATED TO HIS CAUSE. LIKE YOU SHOULD BE TO THE SOCIETY.

"Ah, not this speech again? See, I'm trying my best here!" He quickly takes out a notebook and starts making sketches of the murals. "See? Reporting and all that jazz. I'm totally dedicated to the mission."

Dark Archive

Female Vishkanya Monk (Scaled Fist / Hungry Ghost Monk / Qinggong Monk) lvl 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 22, T 18, FF 17 | Saves: F +5; R +7; W +1 (Evasion / +2 vs Fear/Paralysis/Sleep / +3 vs Poison)| Init +4 | Perception +6 | Low Light Vision |

"Well, I'm not bowing down to anyone, so if there is nothing else here, we should move further up towards the "master" of this location. We get rid of her, find this stupid Idol that we were send for, and go home."

Setsuna passes the statue, showing no interest in it. She then looks further ahead, checking if something might be amiss over there (because this seems to be to easy).
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Edit:Seriously? Another low roll? This running gag is growing to be tiresome...
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 2

Edit Edit.... I think I should just stop rolling or something....

201 to 250 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Woran's The Citadel of Flame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.