Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM WhtKnt's Giantslayer: Battle of Bloodmarch Hill

Game Master WhtKnt

Deep in the Mindspin Mountains, a storm giant warlord known as the Storm Tyrant has seized control of a cloud castle and an Orb of Dragonkind, and is gathering an army of giants from across western Avistan—first to bring the orc hordes of Belkzen under his banner, then to conquer the neighboring realms. Heroes defending the human town of Trunau from an orc raid discover that the attack is just a precursor to the Storm Tyrant’s larger plans. Working their way through an abandoned border fort, an ancient giant temple, the tomb of an undead frost giant, and an elite fire giant training facility beneath a dormant volcano, the heroes eventually take the fight to the Storm Tyrant himself inside his flying fortress. Can the giant army be defeated before it can conquer the human lands of the Inner Sea, or will all of Avistan bow down in fealty to the Storm Tyrant?

Norasha Mountainrunner HP 19/28; AC 20/11/19; F+5 R+2 W+4 (+2 vs. poison and magic); Init +1
Rokar Longclaw HP 7/24; AC 15/12/13; F+4 R+5 W+3; Init +2
Milani HP 13/16; AC 18/14/14; F+4 R+6 W+5
Aisha Rageborn HP 17/17; AC 11/11/10; F+3 R+4 W+4; Init +1
Corric Toppleton HP 12/21; AC 15/13/13; F+2 R+5 W+2; Init +4

Roll20 Map


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,160 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar and Milani move forward as Norasha does, pressing the attack.
Handle DC 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

RokarClaw1 + Outflank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 = 20
RokarClaw2 + Outflank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15

Rokar Claw 1 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rokar Claw 2 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

MilaniClaw1 + Outflank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11
MilaniClaw2 + Outflank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 = 20
Milani Bite + Outflank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14

Milani Claw 1 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Milani Claw 2 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Milani Bite Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

No Prob, Norasha, I think we can still hold this line for a bit, especially if Frum helps out. I can't see you on the map though; where'd you end up, straight forward? Either way, Milani and I can put all our attacks at the two still standing, or the one still standing if your attack drops him.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric's move is climbing up the barricade, if you were waiting on me.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Corric scrambles atop the barricade, seeking a better vantage point for his sneak attacks. Omast swings at the orc adjacent to him, cutting deeply into its flesh, but still the humanoid presses forward! Aisha sends the orc before Norasha into a daze, preventing it from taking any actions. Milani tears into the orc in front of her (the one wounded by Omast) and finishes it off with a vicious claw and bite combo. Meanwhile, Rokar moves forward and puts the hurt on the dazed orc. Right behind him, Norasha hits hard, leaving the orc gasping for breath and near death, but still moving. Of the two orcs at the battle site, one now moves forward to attack Milani, as the other stands, dazed and bleeding. Milani takes a bad hit, leaving her critically injured. (Milani takes 10 points of damage.) Behind the remaining orcs, more have begun to squeeze through the gap between the boulder and the gate.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Omast vs. Orc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12
Orc Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Orc vs. Milani: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric shoots his crossbow from his vantage point, and then ducks down to hide and reload.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sneak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

I think I can get away with all that, but i'll drop the reload action if I can't fit it in.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar calls to Milani to attack quickly, then retreat to his side.
DC 12 Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
DC 12 Heel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Well that was bound to happen eventually. I'll let you figure out if she keeps on attacking, or does something else, WhtKnt. My INTENT was to have her bite, and then 5-ft step around back of Norasha to be next to and staying out of reach. If she does use her claws, they're at +4 for 1d4+2. Cheers!

Rokar's concern for his injured friend and partner grow as she lets out a loud ROAR, and he begins to be worried she might not have heard his command in its entirety.

"Gotta stop these ones, then cover the entrance!" he calls, rallying the others.

Rokar Claw1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Rokar Claw2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Milani Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Rokar Claw1 dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rokar Claw2 dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Milani Bite dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

'Stay Strong girl...' he prays.
Swift action to change her animal focus from +2 STR to +2 CON, giving her effectively 3 more HP.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha recoils as the orcs keep coming and falls back on the most basic of tools: brute force. Her mind exploded forward, ripping and tearing at the nearest orc's mind with unnatural pain. She then collects the shards of his psyche to predict the orcs' next move.

Mind Thrust: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Using mind thrust I. He can make a DC 15 Will Save to halve the damage. I'm also linking it to defensive prognostication to gain a +2 AC.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

I'll give Norasha until tomorrow before I bot her, mostly because I'm swamped.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

"Damn it! Milani pull out! You're too wounded to stay in the fight!"

Norasha quickly yelled at the others (particularly the halfling and half-orc) to cut the logs free! As in now!

Waraxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Waraxe: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

She swung her axe but missed!

"Someone cut the damn logs free! NOW!!!!!!!"

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

ROUND THREE:
Corric fires again into the chaotic melee, but misses his target. Omast swings, but misses, his attack very nearly hitting Milani! Aisha reaches out with her mind to psychically attack the weaker of the two orcs. Its eyes roll back in their sockets and it pitches forward, dead. Now freed to move into better position, Rokar steps up to aid Omast and Milani. A mighty claw swipes at the orc, but it ignores the wound. Milani also continues her assault on the attacker, too wrapped up in the combat and pain to hear the command to retreat. She manages to hit twice, setting the orc reeling, but still it stands. Norasha tries in desperation to cut the orc down but misses. The orc, surrounded, fights on, concentrating its attack on the cursed cat! There is a slash and a surprised yelp of pain and Milani goes down, bleeding profusely. Milani takes 8 hit points of damage and is down at -7. Behind the front line, other orcs are squeezing through the boulder.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Omast vs. orc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Orc Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Milani claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Milani claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Orc vs. Milani: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Taking 8 actually puts Milani at -4, since I switched that Animal Focus to CON from STR.
Milani, DC 14 Fort Save to Stabilize: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Milani, unconscious, groans as she bleeds on the ground.
Milani is at -5/19 HP.

Filled with rage as his companion falls, Rokar steps to the side, standing over Milani as he unleashes a flurry of attacks on the Orc so that he can freely aid his friend as soon as possible.
Sort of hard to see on the map, but Rokar and Milani are in teh same space, and she's unconscious. This also opens up a better sight line for Corric.

Rokar Claw1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Rokar Claw2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Rokar Claw2 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

"Damn it!

Norasha heads toward one of the set of logs and begins cutting the ropes!

Waraxe attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Waraxe damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"They're getting through! Cut the ropes damn it! And get Milani out of there, so I can heal her! Aisha! Corric! Cut the ropes damn it! Those orcs are getting through!"


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha runs over to the logs and draws her dagger, hacking at one of the ropes holding the logs in place.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

From the map, I'm not sure which log pile Norasha is talking about, but I'd like to aim for that one.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

ROUND FOUR:
As the others begin cutting the ropes that hold the logs in place (one full-round action is required to release the logs, and all of you had to move into position), Rokar slashes at the remaining orc, gutting it with a single swipe of his mighty claws. He hovers protectively over Milani as another wave of orcs charges up the hill. Two attack Omast as he fights to release the logs, while a third attacks Norasha. One manages to connect with Omast through his armor, leaving an ugly gash in his side. The fourth orc, however, hangs back a bit and hurls a bottle at Norasha but the throw goes wide and impacts behind Rokar and Milani, the fiery contents barely missing them.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Orc vs. Norsaha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
Orc vs. Norsaha: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Miss: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

DC 15 Fort, Milani, to stabilize: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

With the immediately-adjacent threat dispatched, Rokar reaches down to Milani, still struggling with her wound even in her unconscious state, and lays calming hand on her side. Casting Stabilize.

"You did great girl. Rest now; we'll take it from here."

As he looks up from Milani to see Omast and Norasha holding the line, he slips a chakram into his hand and waits for an opening...

Std Action: Stabilize on Milani who's at -6 HP now. Move Action Draw Chakram.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric spends his entire action undoing the rope and trying to set the logs loose.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha helps Corric to the best of her ability.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Working on the logs, all four parties manage to free them and set them rolling down the hill. I'm going to assume that you "aimed" them to catch all the orcs on the hill. The logs roll over the orcs, the one to Norasha's left (#8) falling prone beneath the sudden flood of logs. In addition, the logs further jam the entrance, making it even more difficult (but not impossible) for the orcs to get through.

The orcs that remain standing press the attack, but neither of them is able to hit their target. The bombardier throws another vial of alchemist's fire at Rokar, coating him in burning alchemist's fire! Rokar takes 4 points of damage and is on fire!

The Party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Logs vs. orc 7: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14 Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Logs vs. orc 8: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7 Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Logs vs. orc 9: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12 Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Logs vs. orc 10: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8 Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Crit: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) = 9

Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Orc vs. Norasha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8
Orc vs. Rokar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 (touch) Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

"Anymore ideas!?" Corric yells as he darts away from the danger and reloads his crossbow.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

"Drop the other pile and hope that it blocks the gate completely?" Aisha tries. In the mean time, she fires a small rock with the speed of an arrow, trying to take out one of the badly injured orcs.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar tries his best to ignore the burning liquid soaked into his fur, and instead does as Aisha suggests, and begins working to free the logs.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was assuming that two of you were working on one pile and two on the other so that both piles went simultaneously.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Oh, no problem then. If I can walk down the right (upper) side where the logs USED to be then, I'll move forward and attack with Omast instead.

attack, claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Ouch. And I take the 2nd round of alchemist fire damage too.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

I believe reloading is my move, but if I can attack I will. Otherwise I'm still confused if we dropped both log piles or only one so far.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Norasha quickly swings her axe at one of the remaining two orcs near them.

"Someone help Rokar and Milani out!"

Waraxe attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Waraxe damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Both log piles have been dropped.

ROUND SIX
As Corric reloads, Omast swings at the orc before him, but the powerful blow is short and the orc is narrowly missed. Aisha's projectile pings off the orc's head, but aside from a scratch, there is no visible harm done. Rokar also swings at an orc and misses, and continues to burn (Rokar takes 2 points of fire damage), but the flames swiftly die down. Norasha's axe makes a wide arc, but also comes up short of the target. One orc slices at Omast, its axe ringing off his armor. Another slashes at Rokar, but it misses by a country mile. As the orc to her left rises, Norasha takes a chunk out of it, but it struggles to its feet and attacks her, its attack also clanging off her armor. The orc bombardier pulls out a clay orb and lights a fuse attached to it (move action). He picks his target and moves forward to close the range.

PCs are up!

Dice Rolls:
Omast Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
Alchemist Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Orc vs. Rokar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Norasha AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Orc vs. Norasha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha takes one look at the orc with the bomb and hurls her mind at him, trying to disable him before he can throw the explosive.

Daze on the bombardier. DC 15 will save or he loses his next action.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar takes stock of the situation, looking around hurriedly, and hoping that someone else will come to help, even though he knows it's unlikely. At least they'd blocked off most of the entrance and the horde wouldn't make its way in-- yet.

'We can do this, we can DO this,' he thinks, channeling strength and diving back into the fight with yet another loud ROAR.

Using my third minute of Animal Focus for +2 STR for 1 minute
Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Claw Attack 2 -- Threat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Claw Attack 2 -- Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Claw Dmg 1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw Dmg 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 2 Crit Dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attacking the one directly in front of me, then the one next to Omast if it drops. Crit is probably not confirmed.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric fires another bolt at the nearest orc,

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Corric then uses the cover of the log pile and height advantage, to try and duck out of sight.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

sneak attacking from a distance is my plan for now, unless you guys think I'd be more useful in the thick of it.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Waraxe attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Waraxe damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

UGH!!!!!!! THE DICE MUST HATE ME! MUST KILL DICE!

The dwarven paladin swung her axe but missed the orc, which resulted in a colorful stream of dwarven curses that would make a sailor blush with shock.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Both log piles are gone, Corric, but you duck behind the cradle that the logs were held in. You believe that you are well-hidden.

ROUND SEVEN
Corric pops up from hiding just long enough to skewer the orc to Norasha's left through the eyeball. The orc falls forward soundlessly. Omast swings as slays the orc before him, as Aisha reaches out to touch the mind of the bombardier. It blinks once, twice, then drools uncontrollably. Rokar's savage attack downs the orc before him. The grenade in its hand detonates, blowing its arm clean off and leaving it dead upon the ground.

Orcs are beginning to crawl over the logs and around the boulder.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:

Omast Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11
Bombardier save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Fuse: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Grenade damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 bludgeoning and 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Okay, so my plan on the bombadier worked perfectly

"Any other ideas?" Aisha calls out as she tries to find another angle to deal with the problem from. She shifts behind the remains the the log barricades and aims for the first orc trying to get through the gap. Maybe she can slow them down more by stunning the first through and filling up the gap.

Another daze on the first orc to come through


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

I got nothing besides holding them at the log-narrowed gate and taking them down one by one as they come through. Not so different than Leonidas' Spartans!

"Norasha! Can you heal Milani? She's stable, but not well. We've gotta hold the gates and hope the rest of the Guard shows up!"

Rokar assumes a tactical position at the front gate, and prepares to assault any advancing Orcs.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

"Aye! I can heal her! Wish we had some alchemist's fire we could throw at those orcs!"

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The dwarven paladin quickly beseeches the dwarven goddess of love and marriage, as well as Torag, asking them to aid her in healing Milani.

Suddenly, a brilliant light flows from Norasha's hands and spreads across the large cat's body, enveloping Milani, and healing her.

CRUD! I've been forgetting about my character's Blooded Trait! It gave me +1 weapon damage bonus whenever I'm attacking orcs, goblins, and giants! But to help out, I'm also using a healing potion. I can't remember what it was so I'll let the GM tell us. After that, Norasha will then immediately assume a position next to Rokar.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Nice job on the bombardier, Aisha. Wasn't certain how it would play out since the fuse burns for 1d3 rounds, but it worked out well for you guys.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

A one in three chance is pretty good. And the dice were on our side. A few more good rolls and I think we'll make it out just fine.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric grits his teeth as he quickly works to reload his crossbow for the next round's surprise attack.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

ROUND EIGHT
Corric spends the round reloading, cursing under his breath at the slowness of his weapon. Omast takes up a position on the left side of the gate and gives a grim nod to Rokar and Norsaha as they move to the right side. Norasah heals Milani before moving in to close the gap. The tigress staggers to her feet unsteadily. Aisha prepares to daze the first orc through the gates.

The characters assume their positions just as the first orcs start to clamber over the logs and squeeze between the boulder.

The PCs are up!


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Sticking with the same plan as last round. Daze on the first orc through to slow them down.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric sticks a head, arm, and crossbow out and launches a sneak attack bolt at an orc [12].

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Corric then resumes his hidden status as best he can.

Sneak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar readies himself, comforted by a quick glance and nod at the approaching Milani, and prepares to strike the first orc over the barrier.

Readying an action, attack will be at +5 for 1d4+3.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

"Okay, here's what we do. You get injured, fall back and use those healing potions. Milani, you stick with Rokar and provide support. Not doubting yer's cat's abilities, but Rokar, see if you can get her to take some healing potion if she gets damaged even more."

The dwarven woman readied her weapon.

Doing the same thing Rokar's doing.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

ROUND NINE
As the orcs slowly begin making their way through the barrier, Corric snaps a shot off, catching the orc dead in the chest. The beastly humanoid refuses to fall, however. Omast steps up and finishes the job that the halfling began. On the other side, Aisha sees her opening and attempts to daze the first orc through the barrier. The orc is caught by complete surprise and stands helplessly while Aisha's allies make short work of it. More orcs squeeze through behind their allies.

More orcs squeeze through, slashing at the company as they come! A falchion clangs off of Norasha's armor, but the other two miss cleanly.

The party is up!

I added the potion effect on Milani that I somehow missed when I read it the first time.

Dice Rolls:
Omast attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Orc save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Rokar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Norsasha: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Potion of cure moderate wounds: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 = 10
Orc 13 v. Norasha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
Orc 14 v. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Orc 15 v. Rokar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha focuses on the nearest orc and unleashes an absolutely ear-piercing shriek.

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Using ear-piercing scream on the nearest orc. He needs to make a DC 15 save to halve the damage and avoid being dazed for a round.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar, happy and grateful that Milani has been healed, encourages her to strike strong and true, and they unleash hell on the orc that makes its way into their claws:
Switching her Animal Focus back to Strength from Constitution.

"We can do this! For Trunau!"

Handle Animal DC 12: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Rokar Claw1 Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 = 25
Rokar Claw2 Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Milani Claw1 Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Milani Claw2 Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 = 20
Milani Bite Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Rokar Claw1 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Rokar Claw2 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Milani Claw1 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Milani Claw2 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Milani Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric, fighting to yell out as well, focuses on reloading his crossbow.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Botting Norasha

ROUND TEN
As Corric reloads, Omast swings at the next orc, striking a blow that would cripple an ordinary man, but the orc shrugs it off and keeps coming. Aisha unleashes a piercing shriek against another orc, but the spell has little effect. Rokar and Milani, working together, gut the orc before them. Norasha swings, but misses her foe. More orcs step to the fore, one managing a hit on Omast, and another on Rokar (Rokar takes 10 points of damage!).

The PCs are up!

Dice Rolls:
Omast vs. Orc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14
Orc Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Norasha vs. orc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Orc vs. Omast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Orc vs. Norasha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
Orc vs. Milani: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Orc vs. Rokar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha winces as the sonic blast hardly seems to slow the orcs down. She hurls another mental burst at them, trying to stagger one of the orcs before he can attack again.

Daze on the orc that just attacked Rokar. DC 15 Will Save.


Male Halfling Rogue (Vexing Dodger) / 3

Corric will lean into a firing angle, and launch another attack at the orc between Frum and Norasha.

Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Crit Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) = 10

And will once again pop back into hiding after shouting.

"Everyone all right!?"

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar and Milani keep their attack up, even as more Orcs fill in the gaps where the others had fallen.

"I've been better!" he yells.
Handle Animal DC 12: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Rokar Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 4 = 29Threat
Rokar Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 4 = 28

Rokar Claw 1 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rokar Claw 2 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Rokar Claw 1 Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Rokar Claw 1 Additional Crit Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Milani Bite AoO (Outflank): 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19
Milani Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Milani Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19
Milani Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Milani Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27

Milani Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Milani Claw 1 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Milani Claw 2 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

We'll maneuver with 5' steps if any targets drop while we attack to maintain adjacency for Outflank & Pack Flanking.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,160 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Battle of Bloodmarch Hill: The Ceremony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.