Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM WhtKnt's Giantslayer: Battle of Bloodmarch Hill

Game Master WhtKnt

Deep in the Mindspin Mountains, a storm giant warlord known as the Storm Tyrant has seized control of a cloud castle and an Orb of Dragonkind, and is gathering an army of giants from across western Avistan—first to bring the orc hordes of Belkzen under his banner, then to conquer the neighboring realms. Heroes defending the human town of Trunau from an orc raid discover that the attack is just a precursor to the Storm Tyrant’s larger plans. Working their way through an abandoned border fort, an ancient giant temple, the tomb of an undead frost giant, and an elite fire giant training facility beneath a dormant volcano, the heroes eventually take the fight to the Storm Tyrant himself inside his flying fortress. Can the giant army be defeated before it can conquer the human lands of the Inner Sea, or will all of Avistan bow down in fealty to the Storm Tyrant?

Norasha Mountainrunner HP 19/28; AC 20/11/19; F+5 R+2 W+4 (+2 vs. poison and magic); Init +1
Rokar Longclaw HP 7/24; AC 15/12/13; F+4 R+5 W+3; Init +2
Milani HP 13/16; AC 18/14/14; F+4 R+6 W+5
Aisha Rageborn HP 17/17; AC 11/11/10; F+3 R+4 W+4; Init +1
Corric Toppleton HP 12/21; AC 15/13/13; F+2 R+5 W+2; Init +4

Roll20 Map


1 to 50 of 1,160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Jubilation fills the evening air in the normally staid town of Trunau, for it is the twelfth birthday of the Chief Defender’s youngest daughter, Ruby, and the townsfolk have been preparing all day for the ceremony and festivities to follow.

A throng of spectators has amassed at the town Commons; the buzz of the crowd subsides as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Blades, takes the stage and begins to speak.

“Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Defender, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Trunauan youths their hopeknives as they come of age.” Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain. “But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter.” Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her.

“Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Trunau. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Trunauans, and your family—even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the orcs will offer, and providing it is your duty.

Do you swear to guard Trunau from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?” Ruby—dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy—nods her head in response to her mother’s question.

“If the orcs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut—here, here, and here.” Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd.

“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.

Once Halgra finishes her speech, the townsfolk waste no time transitioning to the ceremony’s more lighthearted festivities, including a number of games in which Ruby is the key player. The first such game is tug-of-war, which traditionally pits the hopeknife receiver against Trunau’s best defenders. For the past several years, Kurst and Rodrik Grath have taken on this role alongside several other members of Trunau’s militia.

When Kurst and Rodrik announce the game of tug-of-war, Ruby is allowed to choose a number of spectators from the crowd to participate in the game on her side. An awkward child, Ruby takes a hard look at the crowd before making her choice. Her eyes settle on your group. Once she has made her selections, the crowd ushers the you onto the stage so that you can help the young Ruby win her first game as an adult.

A whistle signals the start of the contest and Kurst and Rodrik give a mighty heave, very nearly dragging the leaders over the line. However, your side quickly recovers and gives as good as they get. For long moments, the struggle continues, with neither side gaining ground. Then, you feel slack on the rope and pull harder, dragging Kurst across the scrimmage line. Ruby and her champions have won!

Following the tug-of-war, the celebration begins in earnest. People begin to mingle and there is much dancing, singing, and drinking!

Everyone may make a Knowledge (local) or Diplomacy (gather information) check, if desired.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Norasha. Mountainrunner was quite pleased by the results of the tug of war.

Aye, a mighty set of arms ye got there lass, the dwarf tells Ruby with a smile. And to celebrate such a fine victory, someone get their arse going and bust open a keg!

Norasha gives a hearty laugh. While the vast majority of dwarves, her included, found suicide as being just plain wrong, thanks to the worship of Torag, Norasha knew that these folk had a hard life what with a pack of wicked orcs sitting on their frontdoor steps! Anyone worth his coppers would tell you that dwarves value hardheadedness, and the people of Trunau were quite hardheaded to want to continue to live here. And maybe that was why she enjoyed being in their company, despite having just arrived in town a couple of days ago with a dwarven trade caravan. She hoped that the Trunauans would be happy to establish not only trade with Janeroff but also be open to the idea of the Ninth Battalion setting up shop nearby to coordinate defenses against the orc hordes but also maybe one day driving the orcs out of these lands and taking back the Sky Citadel that they had infested and overrun.

Where are those Grath Brothers!? I've got to talk their ears off something fierce here now!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha was more than a little surprised when she was picked as one of Ruby's team for the tug of war. Despite her heritage, she'd never had the strength of her orcish ancestors. She felt a bit useless during the game, though she did her best to play along. After the rather grim hopeknife ceremony, she felt the need do what she could to make Ruby's birthday enjoyable. She smiles slightly as the party devolves in wild merriment. The half-orc drifts to the edge of the crowd, not quite able to bring herself to jump into the festivities with all her heart.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When selected, Roseline was the first to fall in line behind Ruby. Whether due to years of working the ground in her mother's garden or with the others chosen at random in the crowd, Kurst and Rodrick fall and the young half-orc releases a shout of excitement. Waiting while the outsider talks to the young girl, Roseline's eyes track the other female half-orc as she tries to vanish into the crowd. "Hmm..." Offering a toothy smile to the militia and the two Grath boys, she gives them all a double thumbs up at their performance.

As the dwarf leaves, looking introspective, Roseline gives Ruby a bone crushing hug. "Congratulations, Ruby!" Roseline's voice carries easily over the crowd as she releases the young girl from her bone-crushing fate. Instead, Roseline begin gesturing with her whole body, causing her own hopeknife to bounce around her neck while she exclaims "You were amazing! I sense many great things to come!" Offering a toothy grin, Roseline clasps the twelve year old on the shoulder one last time, only to meld into the crowd as she searches for Sibrec to boast about her latest accomplishment.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

While looking around for the Garth brothers, Norasha spied a tall tattooed female half-orc with light brown hair. Smiling to herself she tried to make her way to her. She stopped for a second to listen another tall female half-orc give praise to Ruby. She smiled as the dwarf made a mental note to speak with that half-orc lass too. Norasha always was a bit attracted to female members of other races especially if they were taller than her.

Dwarf coming through! Make way! Or else I'll make my own dang blasted way and y'all really don't want that now do ya!?

She rolls her eyes at how stubborn some non dwarves can be but unlike other dwarves she wasn't about to judge an entire race based on one individual. Still, there were was some merit to what the traditionalist minded members of the dwarves said about other races. Of course she had some 'up close and...personal hands on' encounters with members of other races. Some wondered if the Mountainrunner clan and family had some Calistria-worshipping elf in their bloodline somewhere; of course no one said that out loud unless they were looking for a fight. Norasha adjusted her signal horn which was a family heirloom. It was decorated with lions and lionesses running across mountaintops with Dwarven runes on it as well as other Dwarven imagery covering it.

Norasha was starting to get mad, if her outburst didn't give that away, Oi! Make a bloody path you ninnies!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

After a couple of days in Trunau, Boram was starting to get the lay of the land, he was surprised that Ruby picked him out of the crowd, Maybe she thought I was a child, new to the community Well for what it was worth Boram gave his all. It did seem a little rigged that Ruby would win. When the match was over Boram shook hands with the opposing team, giving a knowing smile to Kurst and Rodrik. The winning team was an eclectic bunch that was for sure, a few locals, a dwarven warrior, a couple of half-orc ladies who didn't seem the traditional muscle bound bruts and was the last one a Catfolk? you don't see many of them these days all in all a fun mixed group. As Boram wandered around the after-party he kept his ear to the ground trying to do more listening than speaking, still not sure how he would fit into the community.

knowledge: local, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 1
diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha snags a mug as she makes her way through the crowd and finds a quiet, at least compared to the rest of the area, spot and leans against a tree. She nurses her drink, taking short sips and watching the revelry. Her eyes dart to a dwarf fighting her way through the crowd and she cracks and smile. One of the shortest people in the square being easily the loudest is funnier than she'd have imagine. She sighs. "I'd never be able to shout someone down like that." Too much of her life had been spent keeping her head down for her own safety to dare think of it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

After helping Ruby triumph in her first contest, Rokar worked his way back through the crowd to where Milani sat waiting for him.

Oh don't look at me like that, girl. I'm sure she'd have picked you if you'd had any thumbs. Smiling devilishly, he began to gently pet her head.

After a few moments, Rokar looked up from Milani and started taking in the crowd, seeing people dancing, eating, and otherwise celebrating. Even before he saw them, he smelled a man with an impressive tray of freshly cooked kabobs, and gave a knowing nod to Milani before heading off in that direction. Come on, girl, let's really show 'em how to celebrate!

Rokar tossed the man a few small coins in appreciation and took a few of the meatier looking sticks in one hand before addressing Milani again. You ready? And with that he threw a piece of meat high and far. With a good-natured roar Milani took off after the piece of meat, running it down and catching it with a nimble leap. Swallowing her prize, she looked back to Rokar, ready for more.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Arrgghh!!! Can't a dwarf get some movement in these here parts!?

Finally making her through the crowd, Norasha's face was red from both annoyance and anger. She finally spotted Aisha and after regaining her composure a bit she walked over to the half-orc woman.

Greetings there! Good to meet one of the other victors from the tug of war. Norasha Mountainrunner at your service, the dwarven paladin said introducing herself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha blinks, surprised that the dwarf even paid attention to her. "Not sure how much of a contribution I made to that, but it was fun I suppose." She hesitates a moment, then offers her hand to Norasha. "Aisha. Aisha Rageborn. It's nice to meet you."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Laughing a bit, the dwarf shakes Aisha's hand, smiling as she does so.

Ah we all have something to contribute and nothing wrong with having a wee bit of fun while yer at it. I'm basically an outsider here but you've probably helped this town out a great deal. And it's a pleasure to meet you as well Aisha Rageborn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha cracks another smile. "Suppose I can't argue with that. And I can't say I've been that much help I've been to the town. I escaped the rest of the hold a few years back and I've spent most of my time here trying to get on my feet. And please just call me Aisha."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

The dwarf had heard tales of what happened to captives of the orcs, although with dwarves it was much worse.

Aye the Hold can be a dangerous place tis true. The orcs have habit of shaving or cutting off the beards of dwarves they capture and then using us as target practice. Still I wouldn't sentence my most vile of enemies to such a fate at the hands of the orc hordes of Belkzen. But enough of such dark things best left unsaid! It seems to me that ye've been managing well in a short amount of time.

Looking around, she spots a catfolk and his white tiger doing tricks.

Well now that's something you don't see everyday: a trained snow tiger.

Dwarves call white tigers snow tigers not because of where they live (although they first saw white tigers in the snowy mountains) but because of their white fur. Anyone who can handle a snow tiger without getting mauled to death is shown great respect by some dwarves especially from those of the Mountainrunner clan.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha nods, not really wanting to talk about her past. It's hard enough that she had to live through it. Discussing it isn't something she does without good reason. "I've heard things about Dwarf beards, but I never actually saw anything like that. You don't learn too much in the slave pens I guess. I thought it was a folk tale. They actually do that?" The image is actually kind of funny, but she barely cracks a smile, wanting to be respectful to Norasha.

She follows Norasha's gaze and one of her eyebrows goes up. "Today is full of interesting things it seems."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Sadly aye they do. It is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a dwarf: shave or cut off all of his hair and beard, or with us womenfolk our hair. We take great pride in our hairs and beards. If those beardless knife earred elves tell you differently, we dwarves take very good care of our hairs!

Turning back to the catfolk and his snow tiger, she says, Aye it is no doubt about that! And good thing too! These stout folk need some fun in their lives especially considering that got hordes of enemies practically sitting on their front porch!

She let's out a hearty laugh.

So you were a slave to the chiefs of the orc tribes eh? I won't ask ye about your experiences there. Not me place to ask such a touchy subject, and from what I've heard about what happens in those pens, I'm a thinking that you'ld be wanting to forget such horrors.

Digital cookie for the first person to guess correctly where the term knife earred came from! Hint: it's from a video game. ;3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Upon seeing Milani catch the last of the flying morsels, the small crowd of eager onlookers disperses with a final cheer for the Tiger, and sets off to find more entertainment. Looking around, Rokar spots the Dwarven woman from the tug-of-war looking in his direction. Looking back towards where Milani was a moment ago, he realizes she's skirted around behind him and has started moving over towards the stranger.

Following a few steps behind her, Rokar realizes that the Dwarf is talking to Aisha, a shy half-orc who's been in Trunau for a few years. Well hello to you Aisia, and you, stranger. Between Milani here and young Ruby, its seems perhaps that we are supposed to meet. I am Rokar, and this, as you may have guessed, is my friend Milani. Welcome to Trunau.

Finishing with a toothy smile, Rokar realizes he's just spoke more to Aisha than he has in the last few seasons.
I really should go out of my way to be nicer to that girl.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Ah greetings Rokar and Milani! I am Norasha Mountainrunner at yer service and thank y'all for the welcomes! I see you have a snow tiger. She is indeed a beauty no doubting that! You must be quite skilled with her and thus have the respect of me and me clan!

She smiled at the catfolk and slightly bowed to him before extending her hand to him.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha nods. "They're good people. I just wish that they didn't have to mark every one of these celebrations with the hopeknife ceremony. It's a hard thing to have to prepare a child for."

She's very grateful that Norasha doesn't push her with questions. "An orc captain yes. He was my father." She says nothing else as the catfolk approaches them.

She inclines her head to the man and his companion. "Hello Rokar. And hello to you too Milani." She kneels in front of the tiger, looking the powerful beast in the eyes and smiling. She vaguely recognizes the local man, though she doesn't know him well. "I hardly know anyone well," she adds in her head rather cynically.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar continues to smile, and replies to the dwarf. You are too kind, Norasha.

Making a show of retracting his claws so as not to harm the dwarf, Rokar takes Norasha's offered hand and clasps it in his briefly before letting go. So if I may ask, what brings you to our home?

and because I forgot earlier:
Diplomacy(untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 17


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

You're quite welcome there Rokar, and thank ye for the kind words as well!

She shook his hand, smiling a bit after he made a show of his claws.

Sharp claws ye got there, she said with a hearty laugh.

She then answers his question, smiling as she does so, Oh I was part of a caravan from Janderhoff, hoping to help establish a trade route between Janderhoff and Trunau. Besides, we dwarves have been wanting to gain a foothold in these parts in order take back one of our Sky Citadels, that be what people call nowadays Urgir, but we dwarves prefer calling it by its true name: Koldukar. Probably won't happen in my lifetime, but one of these days, we're going to march right in there and give those orcs a swift kick in the arse right out of there!

What Norasha didn't say was that another reason why she had come was because the dwarven goddess Bolka had given the stonelord a vision that Norasha would be needed in Trunau. Why was everyone's guess, but Norasha assumed it was because of a pending orc attack or it could be something even far more sinister. Of course, her facial expressions and body language didn't reveal any of this.

So, I'm basically just wandering around town and all, and then I get drafted into a tug-of-war! She gives another hearty laugh before continuing, How long have you been here, Rokar, if ye don't mind me asking?


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Since I was a child, maybe 8 years now?. My people...used to live in the mountains...

Rokar trails off, visibly disturbed. His eyes narrow to uncomfortable slits, and he steels himself visibly, pausing to look up to the west, before continuing in a low, gravelly voice.

As far as I know, I'm last of the Cliffpaw Tribe. Giants attacked. Not an uncommon story, unfortunately, in these parts. But Milani saved me, and we came to Trunau. Been here ever since. We make a good team, her and I. Finishing his sentence, Rokar puts his hand on Milani's head, and after a few seconds his hardened face melts away, leaving him able to smile again, as he makes eye contact with Norasha and Aisha.

Reaching to pat Aisha on the shoulder in solidarity, he concludes his story. Many of us in Trunau have lived hard lives. But we're here now. And we survive.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Nodding her head, the dwarf replies, Aye, I've lost some good friends and kin to giants. We dwarves have been warring with the giants since our ancestors ended the Quest for the Sky, and succeeded, contrary to what some foolheaded scholars may say. But I know what you've been through. I will pry no more into what happened to ye and yer tribe. Not my place to do so. But you have a good friend in Milani I see. Ye may not be a follower of Torag or the other dwarven gods, but I will offer a prayer for you three that they bless y'all with luck and good tidings.

She smiled as she looked at the three Trunauans.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha smiles up at the catfolk, seeing his visible discomfort. She knows exactly what it's like to not want to talk about the past too much. "Thank you. It's not simple, but it's... fulfilling I think is the best word. The world can be a hard place, but this is one of the places worth defending."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye lass that be true. And even though I'm not from these parts, I'll defend it with every fiber of me being. There's a saying among us dwarves: "Never give up. Never surrender. Be proud of who you are and always protect the hearth. But most importantly, never yield even when things look bleak and dark."

She smiles as she continues to speak, We dwarves are guilty of being hardheaded and we're proud of it too! By my ancestors' beards, we'll fight to the death, even when the odds are hopelessly stacked against us. Many a bard has sung of a dwarf battling against impossible odds! I've heard many such a song growing up.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

An elf with waist length dark hair pats the mute Silvermane on the arm gently, giving him a smile before they parted ways. She had been watching the tiger leaping about to the crowds delight from the corner of her eye, and opted to beeline for the catfolk and his companion to introduce herself properly.

As she neared, she saw that the feline pair were visiting with one of the local half-orcs and a dwarf who she could only assume was not from around here. They had been in the tug of war rope contest along with herself; a contest she highly suspected had been rigged in Ruby's favor considering their team's composition.

"Impressive performance," she complimented as she approached the group. "I am Zeviel Grovesong, I believe I've caught Milani's name before, though never yours." She gave a smile to the catfolk and extended her hand for a handshake.

"And you're the Rageborn girl, correct? A pleasure. And to you too, dwarf." While she looked at Aisha with genuine interest and pleasantness, her greeting for the dwarf was perhaps a little on the stale end.


sorry, Zeviel ,ninja'd my post, Will alter to include her

As Boram moves nonchalantly through the crowd, he sees three of his tug-of-War teammates off to the side chatting comfortably. well as good as place as any to start making friends He stops nearby, comfortably leaning against a tree, just watching and listening. As the buxom dwarf recites an old Dwarven battle cry and starts talking about bard's songs. Then as the Elf walks up and introduces herself, Boram decides that is as good as entry as any. He walks up to the group staying on the opposite side of the tiger no reason to tempt fate, we Halflings look like tender morsel and smiling, interjects. "And would one 'o them tunes be 'tha Ballad o' Angus Redbeard'? That's probably my favorite, I like the bridge where it tells o' tha Tunnel collapsing down around him to protect hearth and home." Boram then breaks into song "An' tha' rocks and stones come falling down and tha orcs are strewn about..." then looking up at the group he introduces himself, reaching to shake hands with the four, "Ah those were good times, beggin' my pardon, I'm Boram, born and raised in Glimmerhold, so I know a few Dwarf stories, come ta Trunau ta find my own way in tha world, yeah."


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha flushes slightly, completely unprepared for meeting so many people at once. She barely has time to nod at the elf and get to her feet before the halfling she saw briefly at the game pops in, making his own introductions. "What? Oh, yes. Yes, that's me. Please, just call my Aisha. It's much simpler and I'm not really an angry person or anything like that. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Grovesong. I don't think we've ever spoken before. And a pleasure to meet you as well Boram. There aren't many halflings around here if I recall, but it's nice to meet you none the less."


Aisha Rageborn wrote:
And a pleasure to meet you as well Boram. There aren't many halflings around here if I recall, but it's nice to meet you none the less."[/b]

Boram gives a bow with a flourish, "The pleasure is all mine, miss Aisha" smiling at the comment about 'few halflings,' he adds "good on ya, few halflings or no, you at least new I weren't no human child, yeah."


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

"Halflings are unfortunately popular as slaves, as I'm sure you're aware. I learned the difference growing up. Do people make that mistake a lot?" She doesn't see how he could be mistaken for a child, but perhaps she's simply not looking at it the right way.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar takes in the halfling, before answering Zeviel's question, taking the opportunity to share his name with Boram as well. Rokar Longclaw is my name, and my friend here is Milani. Welcome, Boram. We don't get many migrating to Trunau. I've not seen you around town yet, is this your first day here?


Boram, shaking the hand or claw? of the catfolk, shaking his head 'no' answers "no, I've been in town a couple of days, I've just been layin' low," winking he adds, "That's a short joke, get it, 'layin' low'? shaking his head, he answers Aisha, "Yeah, I've heard a lot of the wee folk are slaves, I actually don't know that many, most of the folks I know are dwarves and they always teased me about looking like a human child, lack of beard and all." after the comment about absence of facial hair he turns and winks at Norasha.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Noticing the elf's stale greeting, Norasha returned the greeting which was just as stale.

A pleasure meeting ya Zeviel Grovesong.

She was about to say something else to the elf when the halfling named Boram came up to them all. She smiled when he mentioned the Ballad of Angus Redbeard, she smiled and nodded.

Why of course laddie! And ye mentioned my favorite parts too! Have you heard the one of Last Stand of Boridar Skyhammer, where with his dying breath cause an entire mountain to come crashing down on an army of frost giants and winter wolves along with their half white dragon frost giant jarl!? Aye that be a classic lads and lassies! I remember hearing the tales of my ancestors. And ye be from Glimmerhold! Well I'll be a naked troll's nanny! Who be yer parents Boram?


responding to Narasha's question and her pleasant demeanor, "I was raised by my god-father, tha ranger Harsk, he and my mother 'Bellis the burglar' were tha founding members of "Sable Company" they worked out of Glimmerhold. When my mom died adventurin' Harsk raised me as his own." Looking around the group he decides to add. "That's sort of what brought me ta tha area. She died near hear, fightin' giants, kinda wanted ta see tha place, yeah."


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

With a somber nod, Rokar replies, I am here for similar reasons, Boram. If you must know more, please ask Aisha or Norasha later; I'd prefer to not discuss it again, today.

Rokar pauses, forces a laugh out, smiles, and continues, And let's not dwell so much on the sadness of our past. Today is a happy day! We should be celebrating!


"similar reasons... I'd prefer to not discuss it again, today" I bet that's one heck of a story Boram nods knowingly smiling, "yes a happy day, time ta celebrate yeah, um, did any of you's see where a bloke can get a pint er three?"


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Nodding in agreement with Rokar, she replied, Aye, best not to dwell on the sadness of the past. Let's focus on the festivities of now! And Boram, I'm not sure. I'm still waiting for some lazy fool to bust open a keg of mead!


Mmmm, mead would be good about now nodding his head in agreement with Norasha, "A pint of mead would be a welcome treat about now, I would even settle fer a pint of ale or even a pilsner, I've developed a mighty thirst, rope tuggin' is serious work, yeah!" winking at the group.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

"I think I saw someone opening a few barrels somewhere. I'm not sure where all the drinks got off to though."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Well they need to have it in plain sight! And I agree with ya there Boram! Rope tugging is indeed hard work! But of course we Mountainrunners aren't know for being lazy! Hahaha!


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

Zeviel watches the conversation shift to that of ales and shakes her head. "If in your search for mead you happen to find someone serving wine, please let me know. I'm afraid I haven't acquired the taste for ales and other such drinks."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

It is common knowledge among the group that the hopeknife is more than a weapon-—it’s a symbol. To Trunauans, earning your hopeknife is a mark of your place in the community. When you earn your hopeknife, it means you are wise enough to make adult decisions, old enough to know what it means to fear, and strong enough to protect your neighbors, even if it costs you your own life.

“Even though she’s the Chief Defender’s daughter, Ruby has to pledge to uphold the Standing Vow in order to receive her hopeknife, just like the rest of us. She must agree to hold Trunau against all comers and to never forfeit her homeland willingly. That is the Vow,” Norasha points out.

Aisha is quick to add, “Rumor has it that Rodrik Grath is next in line for the position of patrol leader after his old man Jagrin retires. Jagrin’s a good commander, but he’s getting old, and it might be time for some new blood in the militia’s leadership.”

Boram overhears a nearby conversation. “Shame about the graffiti all over town. The militia’s got better things to do than clean up youngsters’ messes, but even stranger is how long it lasts. Try as one might, soap and water don’t do a thing to those marks!”

Rokar, in talking with the townsfolk, is asked, “Have you read Rodrik Grath’s latest work, ‘The Other Side of Contempt’? He’s our own home-grown writer. It’s a controversial poem, but that’s what makes Rodrik’s writing so strong—-he’s not afraid to push limits.”

In wandering about the crowd, Roseline overhears, “Rodrik Grath is slated to replace his father as patrol leader, but from what I hear, he’s more concerned with his poems and plays than with militia matters. He’s diligent, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not quite sure either of the Grath boys is ready to lead the town’s defense.”


Passing by a hastily set up booth serving alcohol, Roseline pays for two large steins, before heading over to meet with Rodrik. Although she was currently in reserves for the town militia, she didn't exactly enjoy it. Finding the other native was easy enough, as she saddled up next to him and his brother. "Rodrik, Kurst, I brought you both a drink!" Pressing the comically large stein into both the Patrol Captain's hands, Roseline is quick to offer a sweet smile to both brothers before turning her attention to Rodrik.

"I've heard that you've been keeping up with your writing. Is there a chance I might get to hear some of it?" As she speaks Roseline's features break out into a large grin as she looks onto the Patrol Captain with eager enthusiasm and interest.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Never had a taste for wine, but it depends on the wine I guess. But aye, I'll keep an eye out for any wine if me sees it. Oi! Server! Wine for the pampered elf here and steins for the rest of us!

She hopes to gain one of the servers' attentions.

@GM BTW where are we in relation to where Rose, Rodrik, and Kurst are?

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

For purposes of the game, unless Rose is trying to be secretive (and I don't think that she is), you can be nearby and within earshot.


Nope, I'm not secretive. Roseline's just oblivious.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar looks around the celebration for vendors or servers and the like, concerned that despite the dwarf's 'best' efforts, Zeviel's thirst for wine might go unquenched.

What type of vendors/servers are there available at the celebration?


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Bah! Tis no way to celebrate! This festival needs more servers that's what it needs.

While looking around for a server, she noticed the other tall half-orc speaking with the Garth brothers.

Ah there be the Garth brothers, as well as the final member of our tug of war team.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

"An odd way to meet when you think about it."


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

Zeviel raises an eyebrow as the dwarf shouts about for wine and beer, less concerned about being called pampered and more about how very loud she was being.

"I'm sure something will turn up sometime, my thirst is not dire," she said in an attempt to encourage the dwarf to be less... dwarfish.

"I suppose it's not often that I participate in tug of war, no, so an odd way to meet indeed.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Knowledge Local: untrained

Despite the various on going chatter around her in the sea of people celebrating with Ruby, Zeviel doesn't hear a word of it as she tries to tune out the loud buzz of people.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye tie be a strange way to meet a stranger that it is. Effective if yet odd.

1 to 50 of 1,160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Battle of Bloodmarch Hill: The Ceremony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.