Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM WhtKnt's Alternity: Perpetual Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master WhtKnt

A spacer's life is never easy, and doubly so in the Verge. If the kaa or the klicks don't get you, something else will. It takes nerves of steel to hurtle through the void in a tube of metal, exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations, and all that stuff.


201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Lig'Tu smirks, closes the door with a slam for effect, and then returns to the group.

"Some sort of message." he says while holding it out to the group.


Rrin says, "The question is who knows we're here?"


"I assume if they wanted us dead they'd send a kill team not a message, so I believe we have time to read it." Alita attempts to load the message.


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"The wise ones know that the wild toroth will not hunt itself."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

The holodisk is a palm-sized disk about 2 cm thick. It has a red button on the side. When you push the button, a tiny figure is projected from the disk to "stand" in your palm while the message is delivered.

"Greetings," the cloaked figure says. "I can only assume by now that you are aware of what we want. We desire only the artifact. You may keep the child. We will have it, one way or another. It gives us no pleasure to kill you, but if that is the only way to obtain the artifact, then so be it. You have one chance to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. One of you will bring the artifact to Sendir Park, level 195, at the statue of Warthen Hale. Be there at 0200. Come alone."

It is currently 1715 hours. Your hotel is only about a mile from the park.


"I do not like tiny cowards who hide behind light pictures. I think I would like to see what his spleen looks like."


Rrin says, "Obviously, that's asking someone to walk into a trap... but it's also more than a fair bit of time to set up our own ambush/trap... And I'm certainly not against turning things back on them. I'm sure we can leave at least one of them in good enough shape to answer some important questions."

He shrugs, "But then, I tend to prefer the sneaky, underhanded, strike-first sort of approach."

He frowns in thought for a moment, then looks back up at the others, "Of course, if they're busy setting up at the park, it might be an opportune time to check out the Docking Arm."


"Whatever we do, we should do so together. I guess the next question should be: Are any of you trained to fight?"


"I have basic firearms training, and have software to increase my capabilities if necessary. Though between your obvious muscle mass and what I have seen of Rrin's reflexes, I am likely the weak link here."


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"The hunter fights to live, it is the killer that lives to fight."


Rrin says, "I'm quick, sneaky, trained to fight and a fair pistol shot... Though if you've a Starfighter nearby, I'm a fair hand with those as well."


"So we should have a plan before we go, but first, this."

Lig'Tu takes the hologram recording and breaks it then deposits it in the sink and turns the water on over it.

"In case they were listening. Here is what we need. Ryn, I believe that we will need to make sure they aren't recording us. It wouldn't hurt if you could also deal with any eletronics or computer-related stuff. Choraak, can you take out people quietly? If so, we'll need to stop the kill team that will be waiting for us once we turn over the girl. Rrin, we'll need an escape plan, and a vehicle to transport our group plus the girl. As for me, I'm going to grab whoever meets us take them with us. They obviously won't be the person in charge, but they can tell us the person they talk to."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

"What about me?" Rayshel pipes up. "I want to help, too!"


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"Quiet comes in many forms. If they plan to kill us, they do not plan it quietly, why should we? Where do we go after we turn over the child?"


"Young one, you can help by being an extra set of eyes. We will likely need to make sure that no one messes with our car, and you can help with that."

At Chroaak's comment, Lig'Tu will say "I'd prefer not to be arrested, all the same. Still, I like where your head is at. Once I grab the person meeting us, I will run to the vehicle and jump in. That reminds me, we should probably do something so that we can all talk to each other."

"If the worst comes to pass and I get killed or captured. Leave and don't look back. Get the girl someplace safe."


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"The hunter is confused. You said we needed to handle the men after we turned over the girl. But now you say to grab the girl back from the men, but to leave you behind? The worlds of metal and plastic are for more complicated than those of woods and stream."


"Sorry, I meant to say that we are going to show up, take the person who meets us, and question them about the girl, the necklace, and how this all came to pass."


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"And we're keeping the human girl, but leaving you behind?"


"Only if things go horribly wrong. If everything goes to plan, we're just going to take someone against their will and then question them hard."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

So, assuming that we have a plan, then?


My plan is to go and snatch the person who is meeting us and then get them to give us information. I'd like to have the girl, Alita, and Rrin in the getaway vehicle, and since I'm assuming that Choraak can be sneaky if he needs to, I'd like to have him engage the killers/attack force likely waiting for us (I know that they're there because of every movie ever.) So we basically need to get a van or truck and then get everyone in position. Anyone have a different idea or plan or whatnot?


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

We could just get out of Dodge. Lincoln found something interesting that none of us know about because he quit. Maybe we can steal that ship, if we knew about it.


The problem as I see it is that we don't have enough information to make that kind of play: we're going to be followed either way, so this way we can maybe learn something about the whole shebang. Besides, I'm assuming that stealing a starship is a pretty big deal. Probably not something we should take on lightly.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Yes, isn't it interesting that the human hasn't yet returned? <evil GM smirk>


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

Yeah, but it's stealing from a dead guy, and we're saving his daughter, who is probably the rightful heir to the ship itself.


I can go either way.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Okay, having heard no other plans and needing to update, tomorrow I will post the first scene of the exchange. I would do it now, but it's date night with my wife. We're going to see Beauty and the Beast.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

It is easy enough to procure throat mics that allow you to communicate in relative silence.

You arrive at the statue in the park at 0200 hours. All is quiet and no one seems to be about, save a figure sitting on a bench. The figure rises as your vehicle pulls up. Still keeping its distance, the figure calls out, "Do you have the package?" The voice is that of a male human.


"Yes, we have it." Lig'Tu gets out of the car and starts walking over towards the human.


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

Choraak considers the situation, "A package? As in a gift? Human speech patterns can be strange."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

The human moves slowly towards the massive were. "Easy now," he says. "I've got men stationed all over the park in case you try anything."


Lig'Tu will continue to approach, then stop about 10' away. He will pull out a sack and then toss it, intentionally throwing too high. As soon as the man either extends to reach it or turns to get it, Lig'Tu pounces.

Not sure what I'll be rolling here. Just let me know.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Go ahead and make an Unarmed Melee attack with a +1d4 penalty.


Unarmed Melee: 1d20 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + (1) = 7 That looks like a good success.

Most people underestimate Lig'Tu. They see his size and miss the fact that in his heyday as a fighter, he could cross the ring in three steps. As the man turns slightly to grab the sack, Lig'Tu is there, grabbing him in a bear hug before he can react.

"Struggle and I snap your spine" he says to the man.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

In one stride, the massive weren is atop the man and has him in a bear-like hug. You have Good hold on him. From here you can try to improve your hold, move him somewhere, maul him (which will cause you to lose your hold), or take him to the ground.

The man goes limp in your grasp. "Don't kill me! I'm just a messenger! These guys paid me $5 to be here at this time. Said someone would be bringing something and that I should tell them that there are men stationed all over the park. Pleasedon'tkillme!"


Lig'Tu just wants to move him back to the transport.

"Do as I say and you won't get hurt. Don't, and you will. Get it?"

Lig'Tu offered his threat of violence rather nonchalantly, as if discussing the weather.


Male Sesheyan Tech Op / 1

"A bought liar? And a cheap one!"

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

You can easily move him to the transport, as he offers no resistance.


Once he has the person in the car, Lig'Tu will motion for Rrin to drive. Turning back to the man, Lig'Tu will set him down and say "Tell us everything you know about the person who hired you. Everything. If you do, we'll slow down the truck when we let you out. If not..."

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

"Tall man, with black hair and jet-black eyes," the frightened messenger blurts. "They didn't say what they was after, just that they needed my help in getting it. Said that you were criminals and that I would be helping the law."


"Did he show you a badge?"

Also, what skill is used to see if someone is lying?

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

"N-no. I just a-a-ssumed..."

Deception is countered by Intelligence, so make an Intelligence attribute test, please.


Intelligence: 1d20 ⇒ 5 Looks like a good success

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

He appears to be telling the truth.

GM Screen:
No peeking!


Rrin says over his shoulder, "He's both an idiot and a cat's paw.."

He turns back to driving, while trying to see if the group is being followed.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Rrin, make an Awareness--perception test, please. No modifier.


Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Ugh, nope. Missed by 4

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

You don't see anyone following you.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Carrion Crown || Giantslayer || Saltmarsh || Skull & Shackles || Weird War I

Where are you folks headed?


Great question. Lig'tu got as far as 'kidnap the guy and shake him down for information.'

201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In the Beginning All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.