Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Weynolt's Serpent's Skull - Part 1

Game Master Weynolt

Serpent's Skull AP


1 to 50 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You have sailed aboard the Jenivere for many weeks now, and have come to trust the crew and command as brothers and fathers.  Captain Kovack, a stern and demanding man, is a true master of his trade, and plies the seas with enviable ease.  His first mate, Alton Devers, is fair and courteous to both crew and customer.  

It is the 22nd day of Gozran when you weigh anchor in Magnimar.  A rather bookish woman had boarded a few days earlier and secured passage to Eleder in Sargava, a destination over three months travel away.  Shortly thereafter she disappeared below deck and you have not seen her since.  

Just as you are about to pull up the gangplank, you hear a nasally voice call out, "Ahoy, Jenivere! Stay your plank for one more passenger, will you please?!" You look down and see a child sized figure in foppish attire sprinting quickly up the dock and onto the gangplank before bustling to a stop in front of the Captain.  
Kovack looks at him sternly, and demands, "I'm of a mind to throw you back to Varisia, sir, unless you prove quickly that you have business elsewhere!"
The gnome straightens up quickly, and with a shallow bow produces a small pouch for the captain.  "Dear captain, my business dealings and trade have concluded here in sunny Magnimar, and as it happens I have just learned of a set of land holdings that are part of my inheritance in the Bandu Hills of the tropical Mwangi expanse.  I have heard that the Jenivere is the finest ship to sail on for such voyage.  Mint we come to an arrangement for safe transport?"
Kovack snorts, "Any man or half a man willing to die in the Bandu Hills is welcome to give me money for the privilege. We'll talk terms below." Looking over to where you have not yet pulled up the plank, the captain roars out, "Did I say belay you sluggard?  CAST OFF!" He takes the gnome below to discuss terms, and it is some time before the gnome re-emerges on deck to plop down on a crate and take in the smell of brine and the ocean spray. The Captain is not far behind, seemingly mollified and like quite well paid.

You are welcome to describe actions or attempted conversations at any point in the narrative, simply indicate approximately when you would like to do so and we will put it in the appropriate context.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron goes on about his work eagerly. This was to be a long voyage and he planned to enjoy it to it's fullest. Manning the sails and making minor repairs on the ship, he would go to great lengths to stay busy.

He was very curious though. The passengers aboard the ship were of most interest to him. If he ever got a break or happened to be working, he would attempt to speak to any should they be available to talk. His curiosities would include where they came from or what their home towns were like. He may come of a prying but he means well.
So what kind of passengers would he find.


There are currently two passengers on board: the gnome, and the bookish Varisian woman. The woman is rarely to be seen, and if you press too hard to try and strike up conversation with her, you are first warned by Alton Devers, the first mate. "Aaron, don't push your luck. She's asked for complete privacy, and payed handsomely for it. The captain won't take kindly to you snooping around."

The gnome, however, is quite talkative, and can often be found in the galley, tormenting the ships cook, Rombar Terillo, with a variety of quips and insults. Otherwise, he is on deck, taking observations on the order of the ship and writing in his journal. He is of average height for a gnome, and dresses as a nobleman. Somehow, day after day, he is able to keep his clothes immaculately clean. He is very open to conversation, and when you approach, he greets you, "Good day, my good sailor!"


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron is extremely curious about the women but Alton tells him to lay off he does. Why would someone pay so much for privacy. He began to wonder if she was a smuggler, or an escaped convict, or someone hunted by an assassins guild like the Red Mantis. His curious will be plaguing him throughout the trip and he may take to watching her business whenever she emerges from her hole, from a safe and silent distance of course.

Perception to watch her:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Stealth to try not to be noticed:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Aside from occasionally watching the strange woman, he will talk to the gnome whenever he gets an opportunity. On there first meeting, He will great the little man.

"Greetings. I noticed you happened to be a late addition to the ship. You're lucky you made it. Mind if I ask what takes you to Eleder?"

He will proceed to converse with the gnome as long as the gnome is willing to talk with him. He will ask about the gnome where he came from, what is his trade. Oh and of course they will exchange names.


Your surreptitious observations of the Varisian woman yield little, but you do learn from Gouard, the Halfling crew member that aids cook Rambar Terillo, that her name is Ieana. (Gouard delivers her meals.) He also believes her to be a scholar of sorts, as he has seen a good number of books in her cabin.

---

The gnome grins.  "As I explained to your good captain, I, Gelik Aberwhinge, am on my way to receive my inheritance!  Or someone's inheritance.  The letter was impersonal and somewhat vague, and it has been some time since I have actually read Polyglot...  At any rate, my... business, such as it was, was concluded in Magnimar, and I am headed to the Bandu Hills by way of Eleder.  Of course, along the way, I'll need to pick up someone who knows a bit more about the area.  If you go into mining without a good plan, no one will take you seriously - and they'd be right not to!"


A week of sailing later, the ship arrives in Kintargo, Cheliax, on the dawn of the 29th day of Gozran.  The cosmopolitan city, normally bustling and lively, is currently under somewhat of a pall, as several ships from the Chelaxian navy are occupying prominent positions at the docks.  Captain Kovack, not wanting to stay any longer than necessary, casts off again the following dawn after a busy evening of trading. No new passengers board. Skirting between Vyre island and the mainland, the Jenivere makes its way toward Pezzack, arriving a week later on the 7th of Desnus.  Another port under the influence of the Chelaxian navy, Kovack keeps all hands and passengers aboard ship and immediate docks while he arranges purchases and sales. On the 9th, the ship is once again underway, and reaches Corentyn on the 20th after a particularly tricky set of maneuvers through Hellmouth Gulf and the Pillars of Anferita. When you arrive and unload the cargo, Alton Devers arrives to notify all hands that the Captain is permitting one evenings' shore leave in the fortress town.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron is excited about hearing the news of shore leave. He grabs his notebooks and heads into town. First he hits the library and catches up on some reading. Mostly of local lore and history. He then heads to the tavern to relax, have a drink, and maybe chat up a few lovely young ladies. After a drink or two and a few delightful conversations, he returns to the ship and gets ready to set sail again.


The Jenivere lies in port for nearly a week, and takes on two passengers.  The first arrives in chains, escorted by a black clad man who passes a parchment to the Captain before turning and departing.  A porter drops a small sea chest at the side of the chained Garundi man, who appears to be in middle age.  Three of the crew, yourself included, haul the man down to the brig.  Captain Kovack gives orders that the man is not to be attended to in any way outside of meals.  "We'll be taking in more passengers, and Gouard will be tied up with them. The there of you have just volunteered for meal delivey duty. Jho, take breakfasts, Aaron gets noon, Zahur gets evenings. You will not speak to the prisoner without my express permission.  Am I clear?" The dark skinned Garundi sits silently, apparently resigned to his fate.

---

The second set of passengers include two porters, heavily armed guard, and a rather dandily-dressed Taldane man with a falcata at his hip and a parasol in his hand.  "Ah, my dear captain Kovack! It is that time again, wherein I must impose upon your good graces and excellent skills to deliver me once more to Eleder.  I don't suppose you have yet found a new and, dare I hope, more skilled chef to employ in your fine galley?  I confess that I did not have time to fatten up in preparation for his delightfully slimming cuisine.  Perhaps actual food has made it into the watery broth that he calls soup?"
Though his face does not betray it, the practiced eye would note the twitch near Captqin Kovack's mouth as a sign of professionalism winning out over extreme dislike. "Gustav Ravengro, is it that time already? How my crew and I have missed your company.  I assume you will request your usual quarters?"
"And I," Gustav replies, "have no doubt you will turn down that request and force me to share a room with this great lout and any other smelly men that you have trolled up in your wake.  While that might be suitable for Surtin here, I have a different standard I am used to. Yet if it must be, so it must be.  Why I, of all my family should need to make this trip, I shall never understand.  Come, Surtin! I remember the way to the pits of hell itself.  Ta, Cap-eee-tan!"
You were not yet part of the crew during Gustav's last voyage on the Jenivere, old Iozif the bo'sun informs you, but the last version was a return trip from Eleder wherein the Lord Ravengro drank himself to stupor every day by noon, and vomited through dinner every night.  Indicating the crates that have come on board with the porters, now departed, Iozif indicates that they are unlikely trade goods, and more likely the Lord's clothes, Taldane wine, and a selection of casked foods.  He gives it less than a week before the food has spoiled and the young Lord begins his self-appointed "pleasure cruise" to Eleder. Iozif also mentions that it would be worth your while to avoid the lord on the way round the Eye of Abednego, or at least to stay out from between Gustav and the ship's rail.

---

The ship sets sail on 26th of Desnus, on it's way to the isle of Mediogalti for a brief restock on the way about the Eye of Abednego.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Though Aaron finds many people in his travels quite fascinating, this Gustav fellow was not one of them. Aaron found the man's behavior quite repulsive and would make an effort to leave him alone. However, the man in the brig was of more interest. Aaron was willing to risk a great deal to talk to the man. Unless Aaron is escorted to the man's cell, he will attempt conversation. If only a question each visit as to avoid too much suspicion. He wont directly ask the man what he had done until he feels friendly enough to do so. He will start with introduction.

Diplomacy if needed:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Every visit he will ask a question.
Where are you from
What's it like there
What did you used to do there
What are the customs like
Do you have any family there

And Aaron will respond to whatever the man says with his own answer to each of these questions. Other than that, he will continue to work. Talking occasionally to the friendly gnome and avoiding the strange man altogether.


The imprisoned man completely ignores your attempts to engage him in conversation.  As the days wear on you continue to try initiating surreptitious conversation over the next ten days between Corentyn and Mediogalti.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


It's more than a week before the man finally opens up. "Hear me, boy," he intones, "My life is forfeit. I appreciate that you are going directly against your orders to provide some small hospitality, but do not waste your time. But so that someone might hear and know: my name is Jask Derindi, and I am innocent of my 'crimes'. As to where I am from, let us say that I am going home."

The next day he opens up a bit more, explaining that he is a former employee of the Sargavan government, but has not been there for ten years, and has not heard news of his family since his departure. 

---

Gelik finds the presence of Gustav to be terribly interesting, and wastes no time in making him the target of his rather acerbic wit (much to the secret delight of the crew). The Taldane lord simply cannot keep up with the gnome, and before long begins deflecting the brunt of the jokes to Surtin.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron continues to work watching the proceedings. He is a little disappointed that his abilities at talking aren't that great. He was grateful that the prisoner was able to eventually talk a bit.

Aaron found the relationship between Gelik and Gustav to be quite amusing. He does decide to strike up a conversation with Surtin if he can. Just the usual inquisitive questions. He continues to make pleasantries with the gnome as well


To call Surtin taciturn would be an understatement. You are fairly sure that conversations with inanimate objects have occasiohaly been more productive, but he eventually reveals that he has a 100 day contract with Lord Ravengro, renewable upon renegotiation with the guild office in Eleder. "Jus' stay 'way, saylur. Don wanna hafta hit yuh."


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

"Okay, I wont bother you or mister Ravengro then." With that, Aaron will pretty much keep his distance from the fellow. He will continue to work and watch the ship continue on it's route.


On the 8th of Sarenith, the Jenivere arrives at Ilizmagorti, docking only for a night and taking on a single passenger, a young red-haired woman carrying a trio of blades.  She strides up the gangplank, deposits a pouch of coins with the Captain, and immediately marches for the prow of the ship, where she stays as you cast off and make for the western edge of the Eye of Abednego. There is a fierce look in her eye and a somber cast to her stance as she grasps the rail, clearly seeking to be away from Mediogalti.

---

A harrowing two weeks of sailing later, you arrive in Ollo, an island port in the Shackles. The captain offers shore leave once again, and promises that the ship will likely be in port for a week to assess storm damage and refit for the further journey.  During that time, a youngish couple comes aboard to book passage to Eleder.  He, like Iaena the Varisian, appears to be of the more bookish sort, though of Garundi heritage, and does not look terribly athletic. She carries a spear, of Andoran or Chelaxian blood, and, curiously, her hair and clothes seem to continuously stirring in a breeze or calm wind, even in the calm of the bay. They consent to separate quarters (men's and women's), and take their parcels below.

On the 29th of Sarenith you make your way out of Ollo towards Quent.  As you now approach the warmer latitudes, the passengers spend more time above deck, provided they are able to endure the heat of the sun. It is only two days of sailing to reach Quent.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron the ever curious and fascinated is interested in the first red head to board. He put on his best charms possible and attempted a bit of a flirting. "Somebody better call heaven cause I think an angels missing. My name is Aaron Tallarn, Dashing rogue and swashbuckler at your service." He will bow and attempt to kiss her hand. "What is your name my lovely lady If she answers then he will continue. "What say we take some shore leave and get to know one another better over a drink?"He will attempt to treat her to a drink while in Ollo. If she accepts, then he will take her to the best pub in town and buy her a drink, and dinner. Hopefully I can get her name and some polite information.

Diplomacy for a bit of Charm.flirt or fool, here we go.:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


At your first words the red haired woman simply snorts and continues to look out to sea. But when ypureach for her hand her eyes spring wide and she jumps back for a moment before laughing heartily, drawing the eyes of all on deck. "Nice attempt, sailor, but your delivery needs just a bit of polish." Her green eyes glint wildly in the morning sun, and a manic look of mischievousness bursts forth on her face.  "Or perhaps you would make a good target.  Ever tangled with a woman from Ilizmagorti, my handsome man? I assure you, you'll think of little else once you have!" She again laughs loudly, at which point Alton Devers notices you and calls out, "If you are in need of additional duties, Tallarn, I am sure they can be arranged! Perhaps a turn in the crows nest, away from the passengers!" She gives you a grin for another moment before turning back to the rail, cooly dismissing you. 

Very close, but not quite! :)


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Dang, hours spent looking up a neat pick up line wasted lol. Red hair and green eyes sounds like a winning combo to me. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.

Aaron was astonished by the this red headed beauty for a moment and then straightened up. "Your words intrigue me. You have not heard the last of me my lady. For now it seems as though my duties beckon me." With that Aaron bows in a gentleman's fashion. "Welcome aboard the Jenivere. If you have need of anything, please do not hesitate to ask. I will do whatever to make your stay enjoyable." With that he will depart for the crows nest. During the trip Aaron will make attempts to engage the red-head in casual conversation whenever the opportunity arises. He has almost lost interest in anything else.

When the new passengers board, Aaron will show some interest and attempt to ask questions when his curiosity gets the better of him. His fascination with the mischievous redhead will not likely go away anytime soon. As a result he works harder whenever she is insight though his gaze may occasionally drift in her direction causing him to get distracted from his work time to time.

Rolls for Diplomacy for the couple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Rolls For Flirting with Redhead:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

YAY for persistence. What a roll. Hope she at least finds Aaron interesting now.


The couple looks at each other before the man cautiously extends a hand.  "Well met.  I am cyrioul Felar, and this is my wife, Theria. We are grateful for your welcome." his voice is monotone, and he appears to carefully weigh his words before speaking.  
"Yes, thank you," Theria nods. Her voice is lower than you would have guessed, but a pleasant enough alto. They turn and head down to their cabins.  You don't get the feeling that they are unpleasant, just unconversational at the moment.

---

After leaving Ollo, you find another opportunity to catch a word with the redhead, as you are busy knotting ropes after re-setting a sail. You make another entreaty along a similar line as the first, and your timing and phrasing are exactly right! She laughs amiably, before giving you a mischievous wink and grin. "So! The sailor knows how to treat a woman of Ilizmagorti well.  Very good, you may call me Sasha, Seaman Tallarn. And perhaps when we reach Quent we'll have a drink, if you are permitted leave."

Unfortunately, you are not permitted shore leave in Quent.  The captain has only planned one overnight in Quent, and you are busy tying up the Jenivere, unloading cargo, sleeping, loading cargo, and casting off. Sasha, as you later hear from Gelik, has taken the evening to visit the finest inn on the docks, order a fine meal, rent a luxurious room, and the following morning attempts to bill the room to you on the Jenivere.  She thanks you for a very fine evening, and hopes that the two of you can enjoy another night on he town in Port Peril. She proceeds to her typical post on the bow rail. The Jenivere casts off before you receive the bill, and Gelik delightfully informs you that they will likely charge interest when you next pass through. You do e mental math, and consider spending your remaining life savings on something more personally beneficial, like an estate in Eleder.

---

You arrive in Port Peril on the 7th of Erastus, and are indeed granted a night of shore leave.  How fancy of an evening can you afford?

---
On the 9th of Erastus, another woman boards and secures passage to Eleder.  She is a trim and athletic figure in tight fitting leather armor, wearing a tricorn hat.  She carries very little with her, and has short cropped dark hair.  Several of your fellow sailors look at her quite appraisingly.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

I have a new GM? (Awkward Pause)Well okay here's my post

After reviewing the bill he laughs to himself and lowers his head in bewilderment. "What have I gotten myself into?" He asks no one in particular. He looks in the direction of Sasha and then looks at the note again. "Time to raise the stakes, hope the pay off is worth it." He pockets the bill and makes his way to Sasha. "I have some shore leave in Port Peril. If you are still up for that dinner, I am willing to treat you my lady." I looked it over and it seems 40gp is enough for a quality evening. For her to have a good time anyways. He bows politely and gives her a wink. After she answers he heads back to work. On the way back to his duties he puts both hands on his face and rubs. He had never faced anything like this girl before. Though it became more than a little fun. It was a challenge now and he wasn't about to back down.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 For asking her to dinner. Crossed Fingers
---

Will post Port Peril actions depending on what she decides to do.

---

He looks at interest at the new woman. Very nice looking. He looks in the direction of Sasha Assuming she's on deck. He gave one more look of approval. At this point Sasha has become a major source of intrigue and he wasn't quite ready to give up on it. But his curiosity was definitely nagging him to no end. He will keep working to try and take his mind off it. For now at any rate.


sorry, different forum name.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1
GM Weynolt wrote:
sorry, different forum name.

Startled me for a sec there. Thanks for clarifying


Yeah, sorry about that.

Sasha grins and accepts, to the hoots and hollers of your fellow crew members. Alton Devers simply shakes his head, but the captain appears to have been too engrossed in his work over the last several days to pay much heed.  Though you find this odd, as he usually comes down harshly on those who fraternize too much with the passengers, you simply count yourself fortunate and head off ship for the evening.

Sasha leads the way, and you thank your father for instilling an innate quickness in you step, as you are not sure that most regular folk could keep up with her.  She bounces about the waterfront, literally and figuratively, examining each street cart, tavern, and even peeking in a few brothels in the process of finding a place to eat.  "You must understand, I have lived on Ilizmagorti all my life. To see so much that is new!" Questioning her along the lines of her history and background cause her to slow for a moment, then shake her head and grin. "All behind me now! Can't have it slow me down!" 
For over two hours you take turns following and leading across the storefronts before she finally settles on a tavern called The Rope n' Pulley, a name you consider rather uninspired for a pirate port, but have a fine opportunity to dine on local dishes, including a particularly spicy soft-shell crab dish, a plate of butted scallops sautéed with ginger, and a bottle each of the house wine. Afterwards, you begin making your way back around the bay, stopping at each cart missed on the first pass.
If there are other kinds of stops you'd like to make in this pirate city, write away.
During this time, your eye finally catches something she appears to have surreptitiously hidden over the last few weeks: her pinky finger on her left hand is missing. 


I may not be able to post until later tonight, so I'm including the below just to keep the ship moving.

Sasha is indeed on deck when the latest passenger boards, and returns your approving look with a grin and an arched eyebrow in the direction of this new woman, who is looking about the ship in apparent admiration.
You do get to "enjoy" an interesting spectacle. Gustav, on deck as you cast off, quickly makes note of the new woman and doesn't take long in sauntering her direction.  "Good day, miss, and welcome aboard my conveyance. I am Lord Ravengro the Seventh, and bid you greetings.". Though the woman's eyes have dangerously narrowed at the man interrupting her inspection of the ship, she does not say anything as he continues. "I see you admire fine crafttsmanship, as well you should! The Jenivere has all the finest in shippery and what not. Perhaps we could discuss ships, rope, vessels, docking and unlocking further over a drink in my cabin, miss...!?"
With a look of exasperation that turns to shock and anger as Gustav places a hand on her shoulder, the woman quickly and fluidly reaches, ducks, tugs, and swiftly beats down the lordling, now gasping for breath on the deck. In the process, the woman's tricorn hat comes off and lands near your feet, and you see that her ears are slightly pointed, shaped much like your own, and as she snatches up her hat you see slightly tilted and hazel colored eyes flaring in anger. Any observing crew on deck begin cheering and applauding, and the woman stomps below deck to her cabin, slamming the door behind her.
"Surtin! Surtin, where are you, you cretin!" Gustav attempts to bellow out, but manages little more than a wheeze. By the time Surtin does emerge from the privy area near the rear of the ship, the woman has secured herself in her cabin.  Sasha gives you a grin and wink on her way below deck to investigate the new arrival.
She later returns with a smirk on her face and resumes her favored post at the bow. "Says her name is Aerys, and she only wants to be left alone... with her bottle. It has been a while since I've seen a woman drink that much that quickly. She'll be nursing that headache for some time. The other woman, Theria, is trying to get her to slow down, but little chance of that." Sasha looks about for a moment, then blurts out, "I want to climb the rigging. Show me how!"

---

The Jenivere casts off and makes its way to Bloodcove, landing on the 17th of Erastus. After three days in port with no shore leave to speak of, the Jenivere takes on two more passengers on separate days: a short, aged looking Tian man with a grey ponytail and scraggly beard, and a monstrous half-orc female, a mottled brownish-green tinge to her skin, wielding a vicious looking double axe.  They each quietly pay their fee for passage, and the ship begins heading for Senghor.
It is during this time that rumor starts to spread among the crew that the Captain, who normally avoided any interaction with the passengers beyond the evening dinners he hosts, has apparently been seen in private conversation with the Varisian scholar, Iaena, often frequenting her quarters.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Way ta pique Aaron's interest in the new chick ya jerk. Aaron has a curiosity thing about elves for sure as he was born of one. Well we'll see what happens. After all, I'm trying to play his character in all of this.

After watching the Elven girl beat the loving snot out of Gustav, Aaron couldn't help but watch in fascination. He quickly applauded the spectacle. When she went below deck and Sasha had gone to check on her. Aaron couldn't help but remember the angry look in elf's eyes. When Sasha returned with the news that she was a drunk it bothered Aaron even more. At Sasha request, Aaron rolls his eyes and kindly teaches Sasha how to climb the rigging. After some time had past, Aaron settled down on his pursuits of Sasha and for the most part let her enjoy the voyage. He spoke with all the passengers, with the exception of Gustav, just to keep the info coming. He left the prisoner alone except for feeding him.

He left Aeyrs alone to though she was on his mind from time to time. He wanted to know her story, more than anyone else's. He isn't a hundred percent sure what Gustav said to offend her, maybe it was simply Gustav being the slob he is, but he was willing to try. He thought he should bring her some food so he gathered some bread, cheese and some wine. He made his way below deck where she is staying. He knocked on her door. "Room service. I have some food and some wine for you. If you want it that is." Regardless of what she says, he will ask. "I'd like to talk for a bit if that is okay? I'm curious about where you come from and what it is like there. He's gonna get his @$$ kicked I just know it. It'll be fine, I personally dig a chick who can kick my tush but that's just me.
---
Regardless of how that meeting with Aerys went, he continued his work on the ship. His most prominant skill is carpentry so he would likely spend much of his time inspecting the ships hull and panels looking for any boards that need replacing or mending. When the new arrivals show up, his curiosity took hold again and he would be seen interrogating them.
Diplomacy for the scraggly man:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Diplomacy for the Orcish lady:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
The usual info gathering things.

---

Once Aaron catches wind of the rumors his curiosity begins to take hold once again. He wants to see if there is any truth to these rumors.
He will keep his eyes open for the captain and watch him whenever he can.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
If he ever notices the captain heading to Iaena's room or vise versa, he will attempt to follow using his stealth skills. Yeah right.
Stealth:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Aaron would recognize that Aerys is not a full elf, but a half-elf, like him.

Your attempts to draw Aerys out of her cabin only result in Theria cracking the door, thanking you for the additional rations, and that Aerys is currently sleeping. She hands back the wine, accompanied by a slight breeze. "I think this is not what she needs at the moment.  Would you have an extra skin of water, perhaps? I shall let her know of your concern." As the ship continues toward Bloodcove and then on to Senghor, you do not see Aerys emerge on deck again, and according to Gouard, the cook's assistant, she has missed half the dinners with the Captain, and when she does appear, she seems to be thoroughly intoxicated.

---

Gelik shares a few stories with the crew in the evenings, but more often simply hangs about on deck and tosses jokes casually about.
---
Jask accepts the meals you deliver gratefully, and appreciates that you are mostly leaving him to brood silently in his manacles.
---
Sasha thoroughly enjoys the climbing lesson, even if only half-heartily given. Even after determining that your interest has waned, she continues to treat you amiably, and pesters you whenever she is awake and on deck the same time you are. Once, she tried sneaking her way down to the crew hammocks while you were off duty and asleep, but was turned back by
Alton Devers, who also confiscated the piece of fishing line she was carrying your direction. Alton checks in with you later and recommends that you keep as busy as possible, but foregoes his usual warning of the Captain's harshness in punishing those who spend too much time away from their duties.
---
You later happen upon Cyrioul and Theria near the kitchen one day as you are retrieving food for Jask. They do not have much to say, in fact drawing closer together and quieter as you pass, a light breeze stirring in your wake.
---
The scraggly man gives you a sullen look, but does not respond, simply heading down the hold to his quarters.  The half-orc woman chomps her jaws once in your direction, and you believe it would be wise to avoid further exacerbating her with too many questions.
---
Following the trip around the Eye of Abednego, your carpentry skills have been put to good use making minor repairs around the ship, and eventually you are down to checking water barrels for soundness.
You do your best to see if you can make repairs appear necessary near Iaena's cabin, but even with his altered temperament, the Captain easily notices your skulking and yells at you to stay away from her cabin.
---
You enter Senghor on the 27th of Erastus, and depart the following morning to round the cape, entering Desperation Bay, and the final stretch of your journey to Eleder.

Make a Profession(Sailor) check. Dum dum duuuuum!


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

oh great what now
---
Aaron will kindly. Pass his waterskin to Theira. "Please tell her not to worry too much. The guy had it coming. If she feels like she needs someone to talk to, tell her to talk seek out Aaron. Hopefully she'll be willing to speak with a fellow half breed. With that, Aaron will bow and depart.

----
Aaron will talk with a Sasha whenever she comes by. She will noticed he would seem distracted. A lot has happened and with being turned down by the latest passengers, he would be even more distracted. Sasha would bring him some peace though and he will enjoy her to company whenever present.

---

With the captains harsh complaints and Alton's warnings. Aaron found himself even more distracted than before. What was going on? He continued to work. Whenever Aeyrs was on deck he will simply apologize for Gustav's behavior and try to match idle chat whenever he will can.

---
This has been an interesting voyage so far. There were a lot of interesting people in the world. He would have to say good buy to them soon. Now the Jenivere would be arriving in Eleder soon and he would be separated from all these people. But a new batch would show soon enough. That was the best part of the job. Maybe someday he would get his own ship and sail the high seas.

Sailor check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Aerys walks blearily out onto deck a handful of times, but only for a few moments fresh air before returning down to her cabin. Catching her to apologize for Gustav makes her rub her eyes, say "Who? Oh, that one," and cause her visage to cloud over again and stomp back toward her cabin, as much as her catlike grace allows her to 'stomp'. If you check in with Theria again, she will explain that Aerys is continuing her pattern of drinking and passing out, but appears to be writing something in a small journal while she is lucid.
---
If at any point you mention your family sword to Sasha, she Is very interested, and seeks out the
Alton , the first mate, to ask permission for a sparring match between the two of you, if you are up for it.
---
You have been sailing with the Jenivere long enough, and have a decent head about you, to know that something isn't quite right about your current course. After your rounded the horn to the southwest of Senghor and entered Desperation Bay, you confer with your fellow crew mates and determine by the stars during the night watch that the route is slightly off, as though the captain is trying a new approach to Eleder: ever so slightly more westerly than previous approaches.
---
Please make a Fortitude Save.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron will happily accept Sasha, challenge. Aaron has had a lot on his mind and would welcome this distraction. He retrieves his family sword from his quarters and readies for the duel. Sasha would note that his mood seems to have improved a good deal.

---

Upon noticing the new course. Aaron will confront Alton with his concerns about the new heading. He will attempt to ask as persuasively as possible.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Fortitude:1d20 ⇒ 13


Alton Devers insists on the two of you putting a light binding on each of your weapons before striking at the other, and when in place slightly interferes with your attacks and causes non-lethal damage.  The sparring match is a good show for the crew, and you are grateful for the chance to put your combat skills to work after so many months on the ship.

The first few passes are rather rough for each of you, as you get reacquainted with combat movement aboard ship and used to the batting about your blades. Finally, Sasha is able to get a respectable prod on with her rapier, knocking a bit of wind out of you. At this, you see the glimmer of a manic light awaken in her eyes, and it dawns on you that she is someone who delights in fighting. You reply in kind with a blow that neatly lands on her sword arm, and her follow through strike lands a blunt jab into your off shoulder.  You strike at her shins, causing her to stumble slightly and throw her next attack off. However, a few passes later, Sasha lands a solid blow just on the side of your head, and the last you recall before blacking out is the cheers of the crew.

You are shaken awake shortly after, and handed a rough cup filled with grog. Sasha holds a similar cup in her off hand, and toasts to you. "A fair match, Seaman Tallarn. Perhaps there will be enough time in Eleder for another!"

---

When you later approach Alton about the course, he nods his agreement.  "Something is indeed off, and the captain has yet to correct it.  I will speak to him presently and get an answer.  In the meantime, go below for dinner, such as it is.  We will be free from Rambar's cooking for a time when we reach Eleder." The first mate makes his way toward the captains cabin for his meal, and you take yours below.

Curiously, the food is not half bad for once, though it is mostly the same watery soup. The crew agrees that there is a little extra spice to it, something that makes it mostly palatable. One goes so far as to ...gest that s...thing might be d... to encourage Ramb...o cont...e co...ng l... th...

...

...

---

The next sensation you perceive is a curious one: the ship is no longer rocking. Also, when were the planks of the deck replaced with sand, and how did the masts sprout palm branches?

As you groggily lift your head, feeling sick to your stomach, you look about and discover you are on a beach in a cove. Your bleary eyes are having trouble making out he details, but before you can do more, a sharp sting jabs into your foot, bringing your conscious mind into a little sharper focus. Looking down, you are surprised to see a cat sized sea vermin with pincers and a stinger clacking just beyond your feet. Two of it's brethren skitter about fifteen feet behind it.  About ten feet to your left you see a large pile of equipment, and the distinctive hilt of your sword protruding in your direction.  Just beyond the pile, your eye catches on several other shapes of unconscious humanoids.  

Roll initiative and describe what you will do during the first round of combat. Retrieving a piece of equipment from the pile is a standard action. The closest sea scorpion is adjacent to you. You are prone and have the sickened condition.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

If I die, I'm blaming you. Im not sure what sickened does, so go ahead and apply it where necessary.
Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Aaron wakes up and as soon as he realized he was in danger, he'll attempt to roll away rolling into a standing position using acrobatics. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13. Once to his feet he will grab his family sword and ready to strike.
He would still be wearing his armor giving him an AC of 14


Your quick maneuvering is enough together away from the skittering sea scorpion, who clacks in your wake, and you deftly slide your family sword out from its sheath. Your attacker approaches, but you easily avoid it's strike.
Out of the corner of your eye, you see the two other vermin approaching two crumpled bodies in the sand, and your bleary eyes identify Aerys and Sasha just as each of the vermin lash out with a stinger. Aerys responds in a flash, jumping swiftly to her feet, but taking a scraping claw to the leg on the process, and just missing when she takes a swing.
You also see Surtin stirring, but not yet in the fight.

The three allies listed above are awake.  Current initiative order and relative position.
Aerys - 15' east
Aaron
Enemy - near you, Aerys, and Sasha
Sasha - 20' east
Surtin - 15' east, 5' south

Aerys has been nipped twice by the scorpions, Sasha once. Your turn!


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Since Aerys is closest and has been attacked twice, Aaron will abandon his own foe to aid the others. He will attempt to charge the scorpion attacking Aeyrs first. Provided Aeyrs is not in the way He'll take a swing at the little beast.
Acrobatics to avoid AoO:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +2 if charging is possible, and another +2 if Aeyrs is flanking This will be for 1d8 ⇒ 4.

After that, if the beast is still standing, he'll attack it again. If not he'll move to aid Sasha.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

I alomst forgot, If I am able to flank with Aeyrs, I get sneak attack damage as well. I would choose to flank over charge if both are not optional.

Sneak Damage:1d6 ⇒ 5 Add this to my total damage....assuming I've even hit of course


Your attempt to tumble past the scorpion is less graceful than you would have hoped, but the vermin's stinger strikes wide. You rush to Aerys' aid, and catch the sea scorpion unawares. Your family sword easily cleaves through a soft spot in the chitin, and the vermin twitches for a monument before lying still.

A scorpion strikes at Sasha while she is still on the ground, and connects with two claws and its stinger, as she rolls out of the way just a moment too late, moving for the equipment pile right just as the first scorpion to strike you chases after you and tries to sting you, but misses.

Surtin stumbles toward the pile of equipment and retrieves his halberd, then looks around, locates Lord Ravengro, and gets ready to move to protect him.  

Behind Sasha, you see Gelik stir and raise his head, just as Aerys lashes out with a foot at the scorpion that had so wounded Sasha, but is clearly off her balance and just misses.

Gelik simpl ybacks away from the fight, moving toward the equipment pile.

You are a five foot step from flanking with Aerys, otherwise there is a scorpion adjacent to you, and it is your turn.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron will five foot step to flank with Aeyrs and attack.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 For:1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (1) = 7

I'm going to post the next round action

If the scorpion Aaron attacked is not dead then he'll attack it again. If it is dead, he'll move to attack the other. Flanking if possible. Use the following attack for either scorpion.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 +2 if flankingFor:1d8 ⇒ 7If flanking add1d6 ⇒ 4


You hop over to cut at the scorpion, but your stomach lurches at just the wrong moment, slowing your arm and making your blade crack against the chitin.  

The remaining scorpions each take turns lashing out. The first scores a hit on Aerys, scratching through her armor. The other, catching the scent of blood off Sasha, scuttles towards where she and Surtin stand next to the equipment pile and in a blood frenzy lashes out with its tail, piercing   through her sturdy leather pants and embedding in her thigh.  

Howling in pain, Sasha responds with her own furious sting, piercing the chitin with her rapier and pinning the scorpion to the ground.  Surtin, taking no chances, raises his halberd and crunches down heavily between its eyes, splitting it wide open.  

You see a still-manacled Jask raise his head, then curl up in a ball away from the adjacent scorpion.

Aerys, aided by your distracting flank, expertly punches out, her clearly hardened fist crunching through the vermin's armor just as your flanking attack cleaves off the beasts tail.  

You watch as Sasha strides over to the first you downed and drives her rapier through its head with a bloody grin and manic tinkle in her eye.  "By the gods, that's a terrible way to wake up," she quips.  Gelik responds by vomiting and retching several times, sand before long the remainder of those on the beach also awaken. You see the passengers from the ship, save the Varisian scholar, Ieana, but none of your fellow crew mates.  


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

After the battle Aaron will look about. He will quickly retrieve a his healing kit from the gear pile. "Is everyone alright?"He will first go up to Sasha. "You've been hit. Is it bothering you? Let me try and help." If Sasha is willing, Aaron will try and inspect the wound for poison and then attempt to bandage it.
Heal Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 1 use of my health kit
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

He will then turn his attention to Aeyrs. He will go up to her. "I saw you take a hit, it isn't bad is it?. Let me help you." He will attempt to aid her in her injury. "I am Aaron Tallarn, a crewman of the Jenivere. Your safety is my responsibility." Aaron will attempt to bind her wound if she will let him.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Heal Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Aaron will then check on each of the passengers before checking on the current situation. Not exactly sure who all there is to talk to but I'm going to take a wild guess. Aaron will first gather his tools from the equipment pile before moving to each passenger.

He will approach Sutin and Ravengro first. "Do you are the good lord need any assistance. I have medical supplies if needed."
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

He will then make his way to Jask who is still manacled. "I'm not sure what's going on but I think you'd be more helpful to us without these." Aaron will use his thieves tools to pick Jask's Manacles.
Disable Device:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Masterwork Thieves tools
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

He once he is sure Jask is fine he will check on the couple.Presuming they are among the survivors. "Are you two okay?
Is there anything I can help with."

Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

He will then make his way to Gelik. Noticing the gnome retching on the sand he will try and ascertain the problem.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Heal Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 One more use of the health kit. 7 uses left.

He will move up to the other passengers in turn and check with them before taking in the surroundings. "Where is the Jenivere?" Aaron will take a moment to look around to try to take in any clues as to what has happened.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Sasha waves off your assistance tangling up the bandages and getting them very sandy.  "Bah, off me, seaman! It will take more than these scratches to bring me down.

Aerys shakes her head as you approach.  "Save your bandages, sailor.  I am not that badly wounded.  Give me but a strip of cloth to cover the wound."

Surtin is helping Ravengro to his feet and retrieving their belongings from the pile of equipment. "Are you a physician as well as a sailor?" Ravengro sneers at you. "I marvel at how well crewed the Jenivere appears to be! Perhaps that is why we are here on the beach instead of on the ship!"  

Your tools are ineffective at resolving the manacles lock, no matter how many attempts you make.  "No worries, boy," he intones. "Such is my lot. Check on the others. See to their needs."

Cyrioul and Theria appear to be recovering from the sick feeling that appears to be affecting you all. They thank you gratefully for your offer of aid as they sift through the pile of belongings.

You check on Gelik, who explains his symptoms, and as you think about them in terms of your own symptoms and determine it to be a poison, clearly, but you are not convinced that the sea scorpions would have done this.

The half Orc woman has retrieved her double axe and is leaning on it.  She scowls as you approach, scowls as you offer aid, and scowls as you back away.

You look around and find yourself in a natural cove. To the north, the sea. To the south, jungle trees lie 60feet from the water, and behind them a hundred foot cliff that encircles the cove. To east and west, a narrow strip of sand separates the cliff from the water. You can easily see the silhouette of the Jenivere to the northwest of your current position.  It is listing to port, half submerged, and clearly not going anywhere.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Epic Fail! Could I possibly fail any worse than today? Time to find out. Stupid Healer's kit was a waste of freaking money. Shoulda bought booze instead.

Once Aaron is sure the crew is fine, or as much as they are willing to admit, he will look intensely at the Jenivere. He looks over his gear to make sure it is all there. He then turns to the rest of the people on the shore. "I believe we were poisoned but I'm not sure as to way or by whom." Aaron turns and gestures to the ship. "The Jenivere is not far. I'm going to go and investigate what went wrong and see if there is anything I can salvage." He starts to head out and pauses to look back. "If anyone wants to tag along I wont turn away help. Otherwise you should wait here together. Just a suggestion not an order." Aaron was a little annoyed as he left the group. Confused by what happened, he felt frustration beginning to build. What the hell happened? Why were they all poisoned? Why the shipwreck? Why was he the only crew member who wound up on shore? Why did it seem that only passengers survived? Aside from him of course. He knew why everyone was so upset of course and he felt he wasn't gifted enough with words to even talk to them anymore. Going back to the ship was about the only thing he could think to do at the moment.

With all these thoughts plaguing his mind, he set out for the Jenivere. He wouldn't even bother to check and see if anyone was going to follow. Given their current predicament, he expected no one would. Besides, he had already made it clear to everyone that he is no leader or speaker. He is definitely not captain. Thinking of the captain turned Aaron's mood too rage. If he had been swooning with that women and allowed this to happen, then he deserved whatever fate he got, but not the rest of the crew. Aaron thought all this as he trudged onward.


Curiously, all of your possessions are present in the pile of equipment on the beach.  After a few moments of separating out whose is whose, it seems that everyone has their full set of possessions.  As you announce your intention, Gelik, Cyrioul, and Theria fall in step behind you, also curious to discover the fate of the ship. 

It takes 1/2 an hour to walk along the beach to get to the Jenivere. It is low tide now, but you can tell when it comes time for normal or high tide it will tale some very careful maneuvering to get off ship.

As you draw close, the path you are walking on leads you about ten feet above the top of the Jenivere's deck.  You can easily see that the majority of the bow is ruined, and she will never be seaworthy again. You investigate the drop to the deck, and determine that you should be able, with the aid of those with you, to get off the deck back onto the cliff face without terrible difficulty.

As you look around before(presumably) dropping down to the deck, you also hear a knocking on the outside of the hull.  Upon closer inspection, you see the ship's longboat, or at least it's prow, held by a stout rope to a stout beam protruding from the gaping hole in one of the lower hulls of the ship.  You quickly remember - from many unloadings and loadings of the longboat - that the it is typically tied aft, if not up on deck, and that the beam it is currenty attached to is part of the ships substructure. 

As you examine for a moment, each of you listens, and amid the sound of wave and surf, you hear a clatter coming from belowdecks.  


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Aaron's first impression is to investigate the captains quarters. Assuming it is still intact, Aaron will investigate that area first. Once inside he will look around.

I know who Gelik and Theria are, but who is Cyroui


Sorry, really long work day, will finish up post in the AM. cCyrioul is Theria's husband, boarded with her in Corentyn.


The Jenivere is at a slight incline due to how she is mashed up against the rocks. The inside of the Captain's cabin is a wreck.  A large hole gapes in one wall, and Kovack's desk is jammed in the opening, and a footlocker (which you recall came on board when Jask was dropped off) leans against it. A cursory search of the desk reveals a drawer containing a ring of keys, another drawer filled with maps, sea charts, and the Captain's log. The lowest drawer is locked. Gelik, Theria, and Cyrioul wait to follow your lead, and the scratching/scrabbling sound continues below decks.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Hmm scratching and scrabbling, I didn't even consider the possibility

Aaron will takes the log book and quickly pockets it and the pockets the other things. He tosses the keys to Cyrioul. "See what is inside of that locker. Be quick, I'm not sure how long the Jenivere will stay afloat."

Diplomacy if needed:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

While Cyrioul deals with the footlocker, Aaron will attempt to open the drawer using his skills.
Disable Device:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
If that doesn't work then he will wait for Cyrioul to give him back the keys.

He will simply take everything in the drawer, provided none of it is heavy or useless.

He will then quikly make his way to the lower decks to see what the scrapping sound is. It my be other survivors. He had to get them out. He will look for the source of the scrapping and try to call out to anyone who may be down here.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Cyrioul needs no convincing, and the footlocker opens without a key. "A fair amount of gear," he replies. "Armor, a dagger, two vials of liquid, a pouch of odds..." Cyrioul pauses. "these belong to a cleric of Nethys. None other would carry his symbol. Was our captain so inclined? Whose are these?" He also indicates that it would be easier to carry the footlocker back, and probably a good storage location for the beach.

It takes several attempts to pick the lock on the drawer, but you are well rewarded.  There is a bottle of Chelaxian Brandy, a small darkwood carving of the Jenivere, and a coffer clinking with coins. There is also a leather satchel, containing a dozen vials, marked with various religious symbols.
---
I should note here that I'm not terribly interested in worrying about encumbrance, as I assume that you will not try to carry everyone yourself. However, please track the things you have found in the notes of your forum profile, and remove them once used.
---
As the waves pound on the ship, you male your way down the ladder, your ears leading you through the wrecked ship to the storage area. As you come in sight of the door to storage, you see at the other end of the room another sea scorpion, this one the size of a large dog, scraping and clawing at the storage room door. Though you do not hear or see it sniff, it clearly notes more accessible meat, and turn to you and your companions!
Roll initiative!  
Aaron =
Cyrioul = 14
Theria = 19
Gelik = 20
Enemy = 23
The "room" you currently occupy is fifteen feet by twenty-five feet. Due to the tilt of the deck and the pounding of the waves, the room is difficult terrain and everyone takes -2 on attack rolls.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Once the thing is engaged, Aaron will make an attempt to get around behind it to flank it. Acrobatics to avoid AoO:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Once he is in the perfect position, he will attack the beast. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19+2 If able to flank. For:1d8 ⇒ 2 +1d6 ⇒ 5if able to flank.

If the monster is not dead on his next turn, he will make another attack using the same method. Acrobatics to attempt to stay behind it:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9+2 If able to flank. For:1d8 ⇒ 7 +1d6 ⇒ 3if able to flank.

I will update my profile later tonight, I have a Real life game to run in the next two hours

When it dies, Aaron will attempt to investigate the room the beast was clawing at.


With rather stunning speed the scorpion charges forward and slashes at you, catching your leg with a pincer. Gelik begins, of all things, telling jokes about the inadequacy of the scorpion compared to other scorpions, but doing so in a way that makes you feel more confident about your chances.

Theria hangs back a moment as Cyrioul puts a hand on her shoulder, then she dashes to the left side of the beast, leaving the right open for you, and plunges her spear into it's side. You tumble to the right, and in a show of overwhelming force, slash down between two plates of chitin, cutting deep into the vermin and stopping it in its tracks.

You have taken two points of damage, but killed the Enemy.

Cyrioul examines the beast more closely.  "I believe this is known as a Eurypterid, a sea scorpion, and a fair sized one at that.  I have heard that they get larger still, but it is best that we are only beset by one such as this."

Both Theria and Gelik offer magical assistance to tend to your wound. The door that the beast was scratching at is stuck, but damaged by the vermin's claws.  You think that you could hack it open. As you look at the floor, you see a thin stream of blood seeping underneath.


Male Half-Elf Character Level 3 Class Levels: Rogue lvl 1/Fighter lvl 1/Bard lvl 1

Hack the door open? Not sure what check that would be

"Thank you." Aaron accepts The healing assistance. He then goes over to the room the scorpion was scratching at. "Help me get this open, someone maybe alive in there." Aaron will attempt to "hack" the door.

1 to 50 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Weynolt's Serpent's Skull - Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.