Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles #2 (Inactive)

Game Master Valmoon


51 to 100 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

"Of course I can keep up."


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

Plummeting towards the deck, Xaven feels his arm wrenched on the opposite directiom. Despite the pain he smiles up at Hornan.

Seems I owe you one friend" then in a whisper [/b]"when the times comes, I have your back"[/b]

Xaven takes his time descending, and ocne back on deck, will stand with the others. He remains sielnt through the discussion of cooking.

Xaven will take 10 to finish climbing down


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

Sasha remains silent when the questions for a cook comes up. continuing to look about at the remainder of the crew judging who looks trustworthy and who does not.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravalyassa knew that Joseph wanted to helped her. She was grateful in a way but she looked around the deck hoping to locate a way to get off this wretched place. She knows she can jump off the deck and survive underwater but the question is should she do it or not. Nevertheless she looked around should the opportunity arises.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Sasha Neville II:
Ok so last night and today I have been thinking. You have two chances to get a rigger spot. #1. Convince one of the two new riggers to switch. #2. Challenge and beat one of the current riggers at getting to the top in a game of sport, with Mr. Scourge and/or Mr. Plugg's watching. If both fail then please be warned failing to do the tasked assigned to you has a price.

sense motive result: maybe the 4 newer members? Mabey...


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

to the GM:

can I use the rolls I already had? (BTW Sasha will cheat if needed)

isn't she going to get punished anyway since ahe never climbed before? or are those rolls her contest that she lost? if that is the case then I can't win since I was the only one to make all DC 15 rolls without a single failure

as far as swapping, I don't even think the party is even interested in responding to my posts let alone work with me.

as far as consequenses then we shall see. If she is on the deck swabbing she will use every trick at her disposal to make some of the other riggers look bad, especially in front of Plugg and that may include a fellow party member.

I just feel slighted that I never was given the chance to participate and as far as I can tell I am the only player that actually indicated they wanted to be a rigger. If I lost the competition as part of the scene then there would be no issue


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Afzara asks to help with repairing things.

Repair: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]
Sasha Neville II wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Sasha I am intrested in your posts and everything so do not dispear at all I am going to try to post more often and talk to the whole party so please do not taken offense


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

the PCs can't respond to thought balloons :) that being said... ]

mr plugg? As much fun as swinging long around over head may be, I am also rather good with large weapons, if ye have such things?


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

everyone I need to aplogize to every player and the GM!! I have had the worst couple of days. the AC at work has been out for 2 weeks -- try working at a desk with room temp over 80 then I come home and find my home AC busted. now hot at work and hot at home. finally got the part tonight just doing a run in to make sure the compressor is working and checking the charge. hope things calm down soon.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Was in the Army and deployed to Iraq in the summer, you'll get little sympathy from me :)


Willis Cana Dhum wrote:
Was in the Army and deployed to Iraq in the summer, you'll get little sympathy from me :)

My brother is being shipped out there soon.


Sasha Neville II:
Did she intend to climb when told? (If no, then she will get punished.)

I forgot you had rolled those. Yes you can use them against an npc tonight. You are forced to do 1 swab task for today at lest. After dinner there is a chance to do other stuff that is when you will "Entertain/Gamble" for the spot.

That is why I'm working with you. I acted to quickly on my end and it put you in a tight spot. That was my bad. For that I am sorry.

Mr. Plugg's smiles evilly at Gruff Redneck Jones's comment of spicy fish stew after Ravalyassa Gladomain's vegetarian comment. Pointing to
Joseph Blackhand and Gruff Redneck Jones Mr. Plugg's replys,"You landies had better be good at it or there will be hell to pay. Head down to the galley. Kroop's waitin' fer ya. Now, the rest of you lot, Scourge will put you to work." With just the most basic of directions Mr. Plugg sends the two off to find Mr. Kroop.

Mr. Scourge turning to the group with a cruel smile assigns each person a task. The morning fuzz from being drugged has warn off and you each get the feeling he and Mr. Plugg's were the two men in the dark corner.

Ravalyassa, Scourge is the one who whipped you. (There is no chance at escape, at lest not alive.)

Hornan rigger task #1d6 ⇒ 4 is yours to do today
Xaven swab task #1d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Sasha swab task #1d6 ⇒ 1 is yours to do today
Willis rigger task #1d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Joseph and Gruff cook task #1d6 ⇒ 1 is both of yours to do today (you both need to make the checks/check)
Ravalyassa swab task #1d6 ⇒ 3 is yours to do today
Afzara swab task #1d6 ⇒ 2 is yours to do today
1d100 ⇒ 38 If lower the 75% Kroop is drunk.

Below are the tasks taken from the campaign tab you get 1 daytime ship action to go along with these tasks.

Daytime Actions:

1: Work Dilligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for the job's daily task.
2: Influence: Attempt to Influence a Single NPC during your job using Diplomacy, Bluff or Intimidate.
3: Sneak: Make normal checks for a job's daily task, then attempt to briefly explore one area of the ship (make a single Perception Check in the area with no chance of detection.)
4: Shop: Take a -2 Penalty on all checks for a job's daily task and visit the quartermaster's store
5: Shirk: Take a -2 on all checks for a job's daily task and take some time to explore the ship. You can take 10 on a single Perception Check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered slacking.

Hornan:

6: Mainsail: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) Check or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Xaven:

3: Swab The Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones.
requirements:
DC 10 Strength or Constitution check.
Failing either check results in Fatigue.

Sasha:

4: Hauling and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.

Willis:

4: Rope Work: Handling the ship's ropes, including coiling, stowing and securing them to cleats and single bollards.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Joseph and Gruff:

3: fishing: catching tonight supper using the ships nets.
requirements:
DC 10 profession(Fisherman) or survival
failed checks result in a day in the bilges as punishment the following day.

Ravalyassa:

1: Man The Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges.
requirements:
DC 12 Strength check
DC 10 constitution or fatigued check.

Afzara:

5: Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship.
requirements:
DC 10 Acrobatics check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.
A character with the Run feat or a Landspeed of 40 feet or more automatically succeeds.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Hornan finds the main sail, heads over, and works at lifting it.

Prof. Sailor+Diligence: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Con: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Hornan's days as a ship repair man helps him know exactly how to get the sail up into proper position


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

to GM:

yes she did intend to climb
will handlethe challenge later after the day's duties.
Sasha also will try and use animate rope for particularly heavy rope loads or stubbornsome knots (no more than 3 uses)

Sasha woks diligently at the ropes, keeping an eye on the others she is working with, sizeing them up mentally but not engaging in conversation at the present time.

every so often Sash has trouble with a particularily heavy rope that needs coiling or a tough knot she stops and looks about to see if anyone is watching then makes some gestures and the specific task seems to be easier.

Perception to see if anyone is watching: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Profession sailor for work: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Sense Motive on fellow workers: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Con check + dilligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

I went to the tab and selected something. If can keep that roll then succeeded on the acrobatics. Using the +4 to Con check. What happens if we fail?

Con: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Willis works at his task, the rough hemp of the lines turning even his callused hands red and sore. He makes small talk about the weather and the work to other crew mates, but as he works from stem to stern, he tries to get the lay of the ship (Shirk). Where are the officers quarters? Is there a day guard? Where is the skiff? Is the ship actually Hell and we're all dead? ....

Prof (Sailor)- Shirk penalty 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7
Perception, Take 10= 17
Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6To avoid getting caught

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Day 1: ?????
Action: Work Hard
------------------------------------
Fishing Check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Well, Joseph. Nice to meet you sir. Looks like we're going to be working together today. I hope you know how to fish. I have really have never been a fisherman at all. Hopefully we can catch some good fish

Looking around the ship seeing what is going on watching everyone doing their thing and trying to reconize whom is whom and trying to get to know

Perception to see what is going on
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

strenght check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

With a scowl, Xaven grabs a mop and starts cleaning. With the stress from this mornings near fatal fall Xaven is soon fatigued from his work. By the end of his shift he is leaning on the mopa s much as he is scrubbing.

"Ugh, today is not my day"


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Xaven did you see that you could work hard and add +4 to one of the rolls for your job? That is what I did.

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravlyassa observed the choppy waves and decided against jumping off the deck.

Well at least not after I bathe in Scourge's Blood....

Ravlyassa shot a stare at Scourge, he caught the stare and snarled in return and moving his finger across his neck and mouth the words you are dead .

Lord Cagnozza, I will pull out that bastard's beating heart for you...Ravlyassa smiled back at Scourge before heading to manning the Bilges.
Watch me Blue boy.. whispered Ravlyassa as she walked passed the slouching Xaven

Strength Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Ravlyassa maneuvered the mainmast bilge pump and move at such a pace one would have though she has done this many times before.

Con Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

When she was done, she did not break a sweat and begin to visualize the wicked things she is gonna wreck on Scourge's body when the chance arrived.


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

Perception Check to catch Ravalyassa's expression: 1d20 + 3 = (15) + 3 = 18

You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.” Joseph remarked, patting Xaven's back as the undine departed to begin his assignment before following his newly appointed partner to the galley to begin his own task. Noting Ravalyassa's smoldering gaze, Joseph cast her a knowing nod. “She has the look of Calistria in her eyes that one.

Won't lie mate, most of my fishing was done at the market. But I'm sure the facilities here will more than accommodate for our lack of rural skills.” However upon seeing the disorderly state of the ship's galley Joseph was inclined to have a change of opinion. “Or not.

Perception check to search the galley for anything useful: 1d0 + 3 = (8) + 3 = 11

Taking a few essential utensils with him he made his way back towards the deck, taking a moment to observe his surroundings as he moved towards the railing to start fishing “This would be easier with my crossbow and god's token.

Perception Check to observe what's happening on deck: 1d20 + 3 = (11) + 3 = 14

Survival Check to fish: 1d20 + 3 = (13) + 3 = 16

Besmara smiles on us today.

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravalyssa nodded back to Joseph before she looked around the deck.

perception check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

stealth check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravalyssa intended to search for the personal lodge of Mr Scourge. She just did a check and look around to ensure the area is clear before stalking Mr Scourge discreetly to understand his daily routine for the perfect opportunity to strike in the future.

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Joseph, So what do you know about the other people that we captured with us? do you know anything about them? I know nothing more then what little I saw last night.


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

I missed that part about adding a +4 for working hard. If so, Xaveworks hard, trying to keep a low profile, hoping to blend in and garner less attention from the Captain and scourge

Careful, or I'll do more than watch Xaven whispers back with a smile.


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

"Nothing really, saw a few of them at the tavern last night but as far as I can tell we're all strangers here mate. Savvy?"


I think thats all 8 of you

You all hear a loud ringing come from the main deck of the ship. It is coming from a macabre brass-and-copper clock, which depicts worms writhing through whale corpses. The clock makes a heavy reverberating tick each second, and chimes with haunting bells at dawn and dusk.

Everyone gathers around on the main deck. There is a nervous, anxious energy that spreads over the crew. Finally, Scourge emerges from below deck leading several individuals - Gruff, Willis, a woman, and a man. The man's face is drawn and empty - he looks like a shell of his former self.

"It is the BLOODY HOUR!" Scourge screams loudly, his face beaming with delight. "For those of you new to us, we use this time to motivate the crew to do their jobs to the highest possible level. Some of you newcomers need a little motivation. Gruff! - step forward. You can join your new companion the Halfling here in our little celebration."

Gruff, Willis and the woman's' shirts are stripped off and in turn each is tied to the mainmast. Plugg steps forward and yells, "This Man thought he could feed us this crap he calls food!" The crew boos, "That's unacceptable. One lashing." Scourge smiles wickedly and takes his place.

lashings:

1 point non lethal

After he finishes with Gruff, Willis is led to the mast. "This halfling couldn't even handle working on his first day and tried to skip out. Three lashes," Plugg says dismissively.

lashings:

only a 1 will miss as you are helpless
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d3 ⇒ 3 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal

After Willis, a miss Rosie, the halfling violinist. Mr. Plugg's yells ,"[b]Rosie is being punished for insubordination." She yells out with the worst sailors mouth of the whole crew combined, "If you would've given me my violin, I wouldn't be insubordinate!" but, remains silent during the punishment.

lashings:

only a 1 will miss as you are helpless
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for 1d3 ⇒ 3 nonlethal

Lashes:
As soon as the whipping is finished, Scourge brings the shell of a man forward. He is bound tightly in a rope. "Mr. Jakes Magpie here, stands accused of theft. He has admitted to his crime and accepts his punishment," Plugg says, failing to conceal the look of glee on his face. "Before the evening meal, we will all witness the fate of anyone who dares steal from his brothers and sisters!" Without warning, Plugg pushes the man overboard.

Perception DC15:

You notice the relish with which Mr. Plugg, in particular, tugs at the rope as the unfortunate Magpie is dragged under the ship.

The man is drug under the boat for more than a minute before being pulled back on deck. All that remains is a bloody mess that has been torn to shreds. He is almost immediately thrown back overboard to be fed to the sharks.

Heal DC15:

Inspecting the body before it is thrown overboard reveals that the unfortunate Jakes took about 24 points of damage from the punishment and drowned as well.

The man is drug under the boat for more than a minute before being pulled back on deck. All that remains is a bloody mess that has been torn to shreds. He is almost immediately thrown back overboard to be fed to the sharks.

The man is drug under the boat for more than a minute before being pulled back on deck. All that remains is a bloody mess that has been torn to shreds. He is almost immediately thrown back overboard to be fed to the sharks.

After the Bloody Hour is over, Joseph, Gruff, Kroop and Grok bring up the evening meal - a fish soup. It appears the special occasion was only for the ship's officers. The meal, though, is not bad no thanks to Gruff.

The eight of you all naturally end up sitting next to one another, as it appears no one else wants to be seen with you. Until, that is, One of the four newer looking members of the crew comes up. Her flowing red hair is tangled from what looks to be long hours working on the ship. Her outfit is tactful revealing only a bit of her shoulders. Holding her top in place is a leather midriff Corset and completing her outfit is Laced leather pants with a pair of matching leather boots. She closes her eyes and mutters a few words. Instantly, the group feel a wave of healing energy wash over them.

Channel Positive Energy you all feel much better (full hit points)

"Hello, we haven't officially met Name's Sandara," the woman says, sitting down. "Hope that makes ya' feel a little better. That Scourge's a right piece of work, that one. Tried to make a pass at me last night. Earned the back of my hand for that. And, well, I earned the 'cat' for that." She smiles easily. "Was worth it, though... You can't have too many friends on a ship like this, and you lot look like you could use another."

You've met Sandara and she is helpful towards you! Feel free to role-play the dinner. Post-dinner activities will come later. I'm still feeling sick :(

The Campaign Info thread will be updated soon with ship data and to reflect the new NPCs. Willis give me a bit on the ship stuff it's about as much if not more work then this post was...


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

Sasha remins quiet for most of her meal contemplating what her next course of action will be.

finally after a few moments she looks to Sandra where on this ship would they put the items taken from us when we were brought here?

Diplomacy:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But apparently she flouders at the right tone


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Well, I've had better first days, but that was a kindness, and I thank ye Miss Sandara. Willis looks over his shoulder carefully Though in fairness, me old mum hit harder. He smiles at the table.

I'm Willis, since it looks like we're to be shipmates. In exchange for my lashings, I scouted out the ship earlier, and I may be able to help answer that question, Miss....?

Take yer time with the ship stuff. I'll just assume he knows everything from here on out :)


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

turning to willis

Sasha she says finishing his sentence for him.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Sasha, it is then. Seems you have a deep connection to whatever they took. Me, I just need to make sure mine stays lost. Friends until those goals are met?

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Day 1 NIght
Rum action: Drink Deeply
Fort save
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Con damage
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Cha bonus
1d4 ⇒ 2

influence: Kroop
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
-------------------------------
Sasha, I agree with you I think that we need to get some items back for us. I have not had time to meet you yet. I am Gruff Jones but most call me REDNECK if you see. I am a good man with a ruff life. I have not seen the likes of you around before either.

Looking at Sandra
Well hello there miss, thank you for that warm fuzzy feeling inside I am not sure if it is your looks or your magic but you give me a warm fuzzy. That guy the one with the whip what's his name sewer rat? He's a real piece of work. I think that our friend over there the halfling is right my mom hit harder as well

Looking at everyone else so who's all here what's everyone's name? Mine like I said earlier to this fine young lady is Gruff Jones but call me REDNECK I am thinking that we should stick together around here. We are the underdog with nothing to lose and everything to gain
------------------------------
After talking with the crowd a while I move up and go with Kroop and speak with him and talk with m for some time about cooking the ship and the other people on the ship to get to know them


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1
Willis Cana Dhum wrote:

Sasha, it is then. Seems you have a deep connection to whatever they took. Me, I just need to make sure mine stays lost. Friends until those goals are met?

Sasha bows her head a bit her hand goes to her neck looking for something she knows is not there.

they took my mother's locket. I need it to find her grave


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

[ooc] perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 [ooc]

Xaven winces at the body once the man is brought back up.
I will not die that way...

Xaven sits next to Sasha at dinner. Leaning in he whispers "I don't suppose its a watery grave?"

"So Sandara, what is your position on this lovely floating pile of sticks?"


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

unsure of how to read Xaven's words but she does indicate, though not verbally, that it was a watery grave.

Sasha whispers to Xaven

to Xaven:

I would prefer not to speak ill of her though, I am sure that you may be understanding about the treasure hunt I was mentioning before all of this

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Hornan sits down and has at his meal. "I'm Hornan. Looks like we will be stuck here together for a while, so we might as well get to know each other. Make it a bit more bearable."


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

well Hornan, still haven't proved to me how long you can hold that breath Sasha comments to him jokingly.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

"I believe we got interrupted at our contest at the bar. I would have won that gold, if not for, well, you know who." He says, takes a drink, then looks at the woman. I could snap her in half if it really came down to it. She better not push it, trying to take my job...


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

Bloody savage.” Joseph could only watch as Scourge laid out punishment to his shipmates, wincing with each crack of the lash. He chided himself for not helping Gruff catch more fish, dropping his face into one hand when the bosun reached Willis. “Skipping work on the first day for this crew? Oye.” He didn't know the halfling maid, Rosie they called her, but he felt for her all the same, shaking his head in amusement as shouted at Scourge defiantly before being subjected to her lashings.

The lashings done Joseph moved to assist his companions, helping them to their feet before offering Rosie the same courtesy. He muttered a quite prayer to Besmara as Jakes was cast overboard and towed mercilessly behind the ship. “Bastards, may you all feel Calistria's sting.

perception check: 1d20 + 3 = (10) + 3 = 13

heal check: 1d20 + 7 = (17) + 7 = 24

Supper was a welcome event, Joseph finding himself seated among the seven shipmates he'd come aboard with. He ate in quiet contemplation until his attention was capture by the arrival of Sandara Quinn, regarding comely redhead's shapely figure and fiery locks hungrily. “Indeed you can't love, it would be a pleasure to count a fine lass such as yourself among my friends.” Rising to his feet Joseph gave a dramatic bow, taking Sandara's hand gallantly and pressing it to his lips. “The name's Joseph Blackhand.

Perception Check to notice Sandara's holy symbol: 1d20 + 3 = (15) + 3 = 18

Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 3 = (11) + 3 = 14

If you're not careful ole Scourge might find someone with a stronger arm to take his place hide of yours. Mayhap's that lass with the barbed tongue, Rosie was it?” Joseph joked, giving Willis a playful shove before turning to address the rest of his companions. “How are you lot holding up?

I'm going to have to agree with Redneck Jones, enemies surround us and it seems as though we're all stuck together for the time being so better to pool together until the opportune moment presents itself. It might be best to branch out and see if we can get some more allies on this tub, I don't think Plugg or his dog are going to let up in the days to come.” He spoke quietly in a hushed tone, glancing around the mess in the case someone might be spying on them. “You may call me Joseph Blackhand.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 = (9) + 3 = 12

I fear miss Sasha and good sir Jones are right, without our weapons or at the very least some equipment will be of little help to anyone aboard this vessel. You've been aboard longer than any of us presently here, Sandara. While I don't doubt mister Willis venture into the ship's bowls would be useful I should think it would save us a great deal of time if you could tell us where are wares have been stored. He reasoned, taking a seat beside Sandara. “After that perhaps you and I could go and discuss the teachings of Besmara or you could tell me more about the rest of the crew.

Diplomacy Check to influence Sandara: 1d20 + 9 = (15) + 9 + 1 = 25

Going to set aside doing an influence roll until Joseph is properly briefed on who's who on the ship, so probably in my next post. Just let it be known I have it as a readied action.


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Imma Afzara.

She sits and just listens as she eats her dinner. She doesn't say much and goes to bed. She seems to be confused and doesn't understand what is happening.

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravlyassa saw the entire process of the bloody hour. She actually quite enjoyed and approved the methodology of how Jake was killed. She could tell alot of thought was put into the process from Mr Scourge. She smiled and decided that revenge will be sweet before sitting at at the table quietly staring at the bowl of fish soup. She looked at Gruff and started drinking the soup. What? Did you really think that I am vegetarian? and that I have to eat seaweed? I bet you are thinking that i am gonna eat seaweed? Ravlyassa chuckled.

I want to be near where Mr Scourge and not somewhere in some kitchen. Though poison is definitely a choice, I would have been very much more satisfied plunging my hands into his chest. Said Ravlyasa as she slurped up the entire bowl of fish soup.

Bluff check: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (9) - 4 = 5

Now..If you excused me i need some fresh air.. Ravlyassa walked out of the cabin and returned a few minutes later with her face slightly off blue.

Sasha, i am not looking for friends. I am looking for a debt to be paid and I never forget debts. Ravlyassa shot a glance at Hornan before turning her attention back to Sasha Can you tell me more about Mr Scourge?

Sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

diplomacy check 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Hi sorry it should be Sandara, i am not looking for friends. I am looking for a debt to be paid and I never forget debts. Ravlyassa shot a glance at Hornan before turning her attention back to Sandara Can you tell me more about Mr Scourge?

Sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

diplomacy check on Sandara 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15)-4=11


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Willis turns to greet Rosie Sorry to see you hurt miss, I enjoyed your singing last night very much. Sure you don't have a half dozen young halflings beggin for your attention, but you can count me as a friend as long as we're out here.

Willis then looks over the rest of the group those blue folk are odd, especially the female. The humans seem alright, but that lady with the horns will take some getting used to. I'll need to sneak about tonight, find out where we are headed.

Redneck, you talk as though you've been through this before...


Ravalyassa and Joseph:

You get the feeling shes honest in wanting to be friends with the group.

Gruff:

Kroop is indifferent to you and the group know.

Willis:

Rosie's reply is semi kind but, full or swearing. She states, "Get her violin back then she'll talk more." Before ignoring the group from then on.

Sandara seems pleased to meet all of you. As the group mentions the missing gear she nods and says, "I managed to get a small portion from Ol' Grok. It is the best I could do. She can be moody, but she can be convinced to hand over the goods. I got my precious symbol of Besmera back, by telling her it would be a curse to her if she kept it. Worked like a charm."

When Joseph kisses Sandara's hand she blushes a bit and mutters, "Flatterer, That may be nice some time soon?" before turning to Xaven she smiles, "Been a swab these first three days aboard the ship I have."

When Ravalyassa starts talking of offing Plugg she quiets her down saying, "You'd best keep thoughts like that to yourself or you'll be worse off than Magpie. Friend of the waters or not."

After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it and shacks her head. "Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

The rum aboard The Wormwood is potent. You have three options for how to deal with it.

Rum Rations:

1: Dispose: DC 10 Stealth Check. No bonus/penalty. Lashings on a failed check.
2: Sip/Make Grog: A pirate often waters the rum down with water, ale, or whatever other liquid might be handy/less potent. A pirate who nurses his rum, or dilutes it to make Grog makes a DC 10 Fortitude Save, or is fatigued. 8 hours rest removes this fatigue. This is a poison effect.
3: Drink Deeply: A true pirate drinks his rum. He makes a Fortitude save at DC 15 or takes 1d3-1 Con Damage. He also gains a 1d4 alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours (pass or failure). The next morning the PC must make a DC 10 will save or be fatigued until the PC can get 8 hours rest. This is a poison effect.

You can also attempt to take up to two additional ship actions during the middle watch in the dead of night (any nighttime ship action marked with an asterisk), but to do so the PC must make a successful Constitution check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued for the next day.

Nighttime Actions:

1: Sleep - Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover Fatigue or Exhaustion)
2: Gamble - Play or gamble on a pirate game of chance or entertainment (see spoiler)
3: Entertain - Make 1 Perform check to entertain the crew (see spoiler)
4: Influence* - Attempt to influence a single NPC.
5: Sneak* - Take time exploring one area of the ship. PC may Take 20 on Perception or any other skill check but the PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.
6: Steal* - Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Entertain Mechanics:

Make a Perform check to entertain the crew. This is generally sea shanties, songs, or something similar. If you hit DC 20, you gain a +2 bonus to all Cha-based checks made to interact with any listener in the crew (including as part of the Influence action) for the next 24-hours.

If your Perform check result is a 9 or lower, however, the next time you attempt to Entertain the crew, you must first make either a Bluff or Intimidate check DC 15 to get them to stop ignoring you, at which point you can then make a Perform check.

Gamble Mechanics:

You may play and/or gamble on the following entertainments. Minimum bet is 1gp (or an item of equivalent value).

Arm Wrestling - Not the typical contest, rather this is usually done on a barrel with broken glass, caltrops or some other dangerous hazard. It's an opposed Str check with the higher result winning and the loser taking 1d2+the opponent's Str modifier in damage.

Hog Lob - A game where contestants attempt to hurl a lead ingot covered in a greased up piglet skin the farthest. A bet is agreed on before starting. Contestants roll a d20 and add their CMB to this. The ingot counts as an Improvised weapon and suffers the appropriate -4 penalty to the roll. If you have the Throw Anything feat it negates this. Your final numerical result is the number of feet you threw it, with the winner being the one who threw it the farthest.

Heave - A potentially deadly game where you try to drink your opponents under the table. Bets are made beforehand. Each person swigs a half pint of rum. You then make a DC 15 Fort save or take increased damage from your rum rations. Each next swig increases the DC by +3. The game lasts until only 1 pirate is standing.

I think that is everything you lot asked about.


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

Sasha, not one for strong drink will try and water down the rum a bit to make grog.

Fort save for the grog 1d20 ⇒ 12

to the GM:

Since the rum ration has not made Sasha fatigued she will see about the challange for the rigger position. based on what was discussed before. She would rather not challenge one of the PC's unless Mr Plugg orders it. also the reason why I reserved 1 last animate rope spell for the day


Sasha:

sounds good the npc list is in the campaign thread.

o I forgot to post what gear you all got back XD.

gear list:

Xaven = Cutlass
Hornan, Joseph and Willis I need a list of your gear XD in the Discussion thread when you can. Remember 150 gp max spending.
Sasha = THE locket, Brass Knuckles and, Pouch, belt (empty)
Joseph = your holy symble
Gruff = Rope, silk (50 ft.) and, Thieves' tools
Ravalyassa = Nunchaku and 20 Shuriken
Afzara = Underwater Crossbow, Light (with 10 bolts)


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

Grog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Xaven will take the sneak action. Life boats, the rest of his gear, rations (food or drink)
perception=26
stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Xaven waters down the rum, then downs his ration quickly

"Bottoms up"

Once the gambling and entertainment begins, Xaven will take the opportunity to slink off. Time to see what secrets there are to uncover

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Ravlyassa looked at the potent concoction they called Rum and thought
No fish can survive in such deadly mixture lest alone drink it?

Ravlyassa looked around before slipping out to dispose the rum over the railing.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Satisfied that no one saw it, Ravlyassa sneaked to the Quartermaster's cabin intending to locate his cabin.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Ravlyassa managed to pass the deck without event most of the other pirates have passed out from celebration of the officer's special occasion. Apparently the officers were a little more generous tonight in their grog ration. Ravlyassa was glad that she did not consume such deadly hellwaters into her belly.

She reached the Quartermaster's cabin door and she can hear loud snoring from within. As she reached out for the handle, the door is locked. Cursing under her breath, Ravlyassa tried to peep through the keyhole.
Wished the one who cooked the disgusting "fish soup" was here thought
Ravlyassa as the after taste of the soup was still lingering on her tongue.
Could use a little help here

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Stealth Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Dispose of Rum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

She retires for the evening. She is not sneaky so rather not get lashed. She figures she is going to have hard enough time as is. She is trying to figure out why the ship is run so cruelly.

51 to 100 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles #2 Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.