Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles #2 (Inactive)

Game Master Valmoon


1 to 50 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Last night was a whirlwind in everyone's mind. Only bits and pieces of it float to the top of your minds. Lots of wonderful drinks, a BIG fight, Swaying ground, being dragged some were... As you slowly come to the sounds of gulls and the feel of gentle rocking fills your senses. Looking around in the area you all notice each other as well as various boxes and barrels. You are not tied up but a quick look at each of the other people in the room clearly states you are missing everything you walked into the bar with last night. Just your basic clothing is on your back. Like a Crack of lightning you all feel the after affects of a massive headache and an odd sickly taste in your mouths.

One question makes its way to the front of your mind. Where am I?!?

As this thought crosses your mind a group of footsteps can be heard coming down the stairs and to your "room".

Please post a self contained reaction and after that I will start us up on our first day!!!


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Where am I? I remember going outside to help the bouncers. Thought would pay and I would not have to spend money. She looks around at people she recognizes from the bar. She is very confused. I guess a decent meal is not happening now. She tries to take in the lady she if inside of.

She is trying to see if the ship looks well cared for.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

OOwwwwww..... Where the hell am I? Ship? Smells ok. huh, the big people from the bar? owww....

Willis coughs, spits out the nasty taste.

Need to hide

Any place looking like a good place to hide?
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Edit: wow, guess not. It's the side effects of the drugs, I'm tellin ya!!! :)

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Feeling the familir rocking of a ship and the smell of salt. Crap, why does this always happen to me. this makes 2 times this year, I just got off one ship. Now, I am on another, all I can hope is that they need my skills, either then that I am screwed. I open my eyes as much as I can at the moment.
Perception check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Checking out the surroundings. also seeing whom I see and if there is anyone around that I might know. seeing a couple of people that I sort of remember seeing last night at the bar I shake my head roughly and then quickly pat myself down crap. all gone. I am not sure what I am going to do now

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Hornan wakes up, gasping for air. The last thing he remembers was the contest at the bar last night were he held his breath for a long time.
Where the Hell are we?

He looks around, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

Wake up Ravalyssa...wake up... Ravalyssa opened her eyes and instinctly with her years of training, she leapt up to her feet and crouched into a pouncing position. The effects of the drug caused her to wobble at the end before recovering. Where am I.... Lord Cagnozza? Ravalyssa thought. Destiny.... came the reply.

Ravalyssa, sat down and detected foreign substance within her body system and set to use her Ki to flush it out of her system. She retched, wiping the side of her mouth she looked around the room to observe her surroundings. Ravalyssa tightened the coils of her muscles to prepare for whoever or...whatever is approaching.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Everyone okay? anyone hurt, other then our pride at the moment? Now any of you ever been taken like this before? anyone? well, I have a while ago, had to be about 9 months ago now... I think.. hard to tell. just listen up do as they say and keep your mouths shut for the first couple of days till ye prove yarslef then we can try to make some friends, Friends are a good thing to have aboard a ship like this.. my guess is that we are not in for a pleasent ride here. looking at everyone... well, now I hope that get's them to listen. after all I do not want anyone kheelhalled. that isn't a pretty sight.


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

Sasha suddenly sits up totally unsure what just happened.

what in the name of the abyss is going on? she asks herself she takes in her surroundings

am I on a ship? or somewhere at the docks. she mutters to herself.

She feels for her locket unsure if it is still there.

to the GM:

does Sasha still have her mother's locket?

footsteps, someone is coming not sure what to expect she tries to form the energies to enfeeble whoever opens the door

she will not cast any spell immediately but will be ready if actually attacked


Sasha Neville II:

Nope. Anything of value is gone.


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

to the GM:

I hope they don't discover what that locket really is

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

The last time i checked, friendship sold me out...so the question i should be asking myself now is that are you my friend...or should I now sell you out? Friend? Retorted Ravalyassa at Gruff while keeping her eyes fixated at the foot of the stairs.

@ Gruff:
Apologies if i sound rude, just know that Ravlyassa is a lawful evil monk whom is very independent and she basically distrust people by nature :D. Let's hope this will change overtime when she gets to know this crew better..

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Heed my advice or don't. It seems neither one of us cares wither the other lives or not

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

For now we live....friend... Replied Ravalyassa.

Lord Cagnozza would be pleased for me to be alive...it's too early for me to go...meanwhile I will use whatever or whoever to get out of this cursed place...

Ravalyassa looked around the room and begin to assess the worth and usefulness of each person. She noticed the crazy barbarian and the woman with horns last night..

Hope I won the shinies, if not the big man gonna pay....


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

Once again, Xaven's mind wandered through hazy memories. The past, glimpses of a storm, fire, the sway of a drifting boat....

that's new I can really feel the boat swaying
As xaven slowly opens his eyes, it becomes clear that he is not on land anymore. As sits up, one hand massaging his temple, he checks for his weapons. "Gone.....great, I hate being weaponless"

For the moment, Xaven ignores the argument, more focused on the footsteps.


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

Everything was hazy, Joseph couldn't recall much of anything from the previous night. The last thing he remembered was flirting with a rather comely barmaid but after that everything got fuzzy, he wasn't even sure he'd been able to seal the deal. There was an oily aftertaste that he was having trouble discerning but wasn't sure what it was.

The sound of footsteps reverberating against the wood panel floor jarred him from his thoughts, echoing through his head like a Mwangi war drum. Cracking open an eye to survey his surroundings Joseph quickly noted that he wasn't in his room at the Formidable Maid, the gentle rocking of the cabin and familiar tang of salt air confirming what he was already beginning to suspect. Sitting up he found himself staring at several other souls in similar straits.

Bloody hell.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

GM:
Do I still have my holy symbol?

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

listening to the footsteps coming our way.
damn, sounds like more then we can handle in this state. I am not going to bother trying to do anything till I figure out where I am and whom we are dealing with.


The ONLY gear each of you have at the moment is a Peasant's outfit.

The door opens and eight rough looking pirates and a man that you think you may have seen before enter the room. A quick glance at these men gives you the feeling they wouldn't be much against you if you had your gear but, the man with the whip gives off a different more deadly feel. His face shows an expression of what could be pain but, is clearly an attempt at smiling. "Still abed with the sun over yardarm?!?! On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get on deck before Cap'n Harrigan turns you into his next flayed flesh and sausage meal!"

Is there anything you would like to do before heading on deck?

Perception results: You are currently in the hold of a ship. It looks well taken care of with twenty two lockers along one wall and a trap door a short ways away. From the looks of it this cargo room is also where the crew sleeps.

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Roughly stands up and kinda swaggers for a moment and then slowly walks by the men and then spits on the nearest mans foot and then quickly walks up on deck.
Filithy animals couldn't recruit had to capture.

Squinting as he get's up on deck and then stretches...
Great, Where are we at? Looking around again.
Seiriously where are we?


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

Not ready to test the seriousness of that threat, Xaevn quickly moves on deck. Once there he will look about for any sight of land, trying to get a bearing of where they are.

If we can just get close enough to land, I can slip over the side. Stinks for the others, but not my problem.

not sure what check would allow him a chance to get their rough position. profession sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

Sasha makes her way to the deck quietly and without any fuss

will need to size up the situation before deciding a course of action

Shasha make a mental roll-call of those she remembers from the bar as well as who are new comers as opposed to regular crew.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Damn, pirates? Well, I'll get to be a pirate. That should be interesting. He stands up and looks over the men in front of him.

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

I would like to kick a pirate out of spite if thats possible since you asked.
Intention:Ravalyssa walked towards one of the rough looking pirate and spits into his face before knee jerking him in his groin. The pirate taken surprised groaned in pain before falling on his back. The pirates with the whip saw it and swung his whip at Ravalyssa.
if it's allowed do I roll a reflex save?
reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

if I pass I will dodge the whip and make my way to the deck. if I fail I will be caught by caught by the whip and tugged on to the ground and dragged to the deck.


The pirate who Ravalyssa attacked stumbles over and her quick movements allow her to avoid the first attack. However, she is shown the error in her actions quickly when both her knees are slapped with saps putting her to her knees and the sound of a whip cracking is all she hears at it whips around her neck and hits her face before pulling her backwards. The poor guy that took the knee steps over her and spits in her face before dragging her top side.

Ravalyssa Gladomain:

sap1 vs Ravalyssa Gladomain = missed
sap2 vs Ravalyssa Gladomain: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal
sap3 vs Ravalyssa Gladomain: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal
whip vs Ravalyssa Gladomain: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal

I don't mind if you want to do that but, CMD and the attack rolls are kinda needed. For next time.

Master Scourge's whip cracks again and the whip flashes at Hornan Fletcher. Scourge screams,"ON DECK! NOW!"

Hornan Fletcher:

12 ac vs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
12 ac vs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
whip vs Hornan Fletcher: 2d3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7 nonlethal

Xaevn:

Xaevn you see several land masses around the ship but, your not sure what one is main land. The islands could mean the end of you.
Your about a nights journey out from Port Perl.

profession sailor was correct.


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Afzara is unsure what is happening but the ship seems to have been cared for well. She slowly and cautiously makes her way to the deck.

Where did my clothes go? Why would they need to take them? Are we prisoners?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Hornan cringes a little at the pain, but wordlessly heads up to the deck.
He surveys the deck of the ship Perc.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Hornan Fletcher:
Perc results: Its a nice ship but, that taste in your mouth tastes like some sort of oily nutmeg.

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

every time the whip cracks out I shout Aye Sir.
Snickers some people never learn. I hope that she doesn't get any more flogging.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

"Well, that was useful..." Willis watches the short scuffle, and realizes fighting is not the way out of this predicament. But maybe...

As he reaches the deck, he tries to determine how far it is to land.

If I swam through that storm, I can do a couple miles in calm seas...

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Prof (Sailor) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Distance to land? Time of day? Weather? Type/size/likely crew size/armament of current ship? EDIT: I am a sailor GOD!!


Willis Cana Dhum and more for Xaevn:

couldn't edit my last post so here is more for you both, Willis there is some recap so you don't need to look at xaevn's spoiler.
you see several land masses around the ship but, your not sure what one is main land. The islands could mean the end of you.
Your about a nights journey out from Port Perl.

based on how "big" the land masses are you would die long before reaching land.

It's early morning and the weather is good for sailing. The wormwood is a three massed sailing ship, 100 ft long and 30 ft wide. Possibly 20+ crew, armament not seen but, the ships speed suggest that it has some.

Two figures on the higher deck catch everyone's attention. A muscular Garundi man with a shaven head and a golden ring bound beard and an eye patch - clearly the ships captain. The other man has a long pony tail, wearing a long coat and carrying a cat-o-nine-tails. As you glance about four individuals catch each of your eye. There clean cut looks and uneasiness is apparent.

"At last, Glad you could join us!!! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for "Volunteering" to join my crew. I'm Barnabas Harrigan. That's CAPTAIN Barnabas Harrigan to you. Not that you'll ever need to address me. I have one rule!!! DON'T SPEAK TO ME. I like to talk, but i don't like your talk. fallow this and well get along fine." After a moment he speaks up again,"Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we are short handed. I'd like to keep what crew I have. However, there will be a keelhaulin' for anyone cough killing, anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you'll be so kind turn these sad looking landlubbers into pirates! It'll save me the trouble of putting them I the sandbox for a year and a day before I make meat pies of em!!"

Mr. Plugg Turns to the group and points to the rigging screaming,"Climb!!!" Though he only states the one word his intent is clear. Climb up to the crows nest and then back down.

it's 60 ft up you move at 1/4 speed unless otherwise noted on character sheet. dc 10 to not fall dc 15 to move 1/2 speed. You can't take ten without a bluff check per "take ten"


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

With a grunt, Willis springs at the rigging. From the top he will be able to survey the ship better, (And figure out where the ships away skiff is tied up. And maybe how to disable the rudder....)

Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Know (Engineering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Maybe easier to just post a deck diagram Mr GM Sir :)

"Last one to the top sleeps with Mr. Plugg!!!"


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Afzara looks at the rigging and moves over near the place and starts a ritual Takes 1 minute where is looks like she is putting on another set of clothes or skin.


some of the info didn't get posted like it should have when i wrote that the first time. Pc lost interwebs when i hit send XD

Willis Cana Dhum:

I thought I had this on there but, I looks like when I had pc troubles it got removed. It's 60 ft up you move at 1/4 speed unless otherwise noted on character sheet. dc 10 to not fall dc 15 to move 1/2 speed. So please give me a few more climb checks thanks and sorry. Can't "take 10" without a bluff check.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7
GM Valmoon wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Happens :) Here are a few more rolls for you.

Climb 1 = 20 ft (Double move)
Climb 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 20ft (Double move)
Climb 3 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 halt
Climb 4 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 10 ft (Double move)
Climb 5 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 10 ft (Double move) reaches top. Flips off passing sea birds. Headed down.
Climb 6 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 halt
Climb 7 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 20 ft (Double move)
Climb 8 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 20 ft (Double move)
Edit: Looks like I'm 20 ft up at that point.
Climb 9 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 10 ft Jumps off
Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Oops, takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 falling damage, winces and does jig, with a big finish. Possibly jazz hands.

Whats that guy doing? He hasn't even started yet!

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

UP
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
----------------------------
DOWN
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
----------------------------

Aye siras I start to climb

looks like I fall someplace around there

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

UP
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 15 feet
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 15 feet
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 Halt
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 Halt
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18 30 feet
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 Halt and enjoyed the view at the top
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 30 feet
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 Halts and looks for the pirate that whipped her. He will pay in blood...
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 30 feet

I hope my calculations are right


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Do you have to state you are moving half speed and then do DC 15 to move half speed or is it if you make DC 15 you move at half speed? I just found out last week that Climb was 1/4 speed and not half without up the DC.

Afzara glances at the others as she is going through her ritual.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Sea Reaver Barbarian 1 (HP 15, AC 12, F +4 R +2 W +2, Init +2, Perc +8)

Climb Checks:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fall
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Catch
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 25
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 40
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 50
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 60

Hornan reaches the top and looks down, then starts heading back down

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 45
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 35
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 5
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Fall 5 feet
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hornan slips up a little on the last bit, but lands super gracefully
"Is that what you needed sir?"


Male Undine, with marid blood Ranger 1 AC 14 F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 Init: +4 Perc. +6

climb checks UP:

round 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 15'
round 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 45'
round 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 60'

At the top, Xaven will take a moment to look around.
profession sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"That wasn't so tough!

Climb Checks Down:

round 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 fall
catch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 miss
acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Xaven's confidence is quickly washed from his face as his first step down send him plumeting towards the deck. "aaaggghhh....help!"

catch me!


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

Joseph staggers to his feet, eying the crewmen as they enter the cabin. “Oh bloody hell indeed.” Press ganged, terrific. Not exactly the way he'd been hoping to set sail. His sword was gone too, along with the rest of his gear. Joseph fought back the urge to spit, raising his hands in a placating manner as not to aggravate his captors further. There was no way he could fight this, best to just comply for now and wait for the opportune moment to present itself. “Besmara take you all to the deepest layer of hell, just leave me your coat and this ship and we'll be square.

Obeying his captors exited the cabin, ignoring the scuffle that broke out a moment later and making his way to the deck. “Best not to fight it mates, only make things harder on yourself.” He recognized a few of his fellow captives from the night before, apparently he wasn't the only one that had been set up it seemed. Joseph wasn't quite sure if he felt better about that or not.

Alas good captain, had you only asked I'm sure that we would have been inclined to join your little expedition instead of needing to “volunteer” our services.” he smiled flippantly, hopping up the ropes after the rest of the condemned. “This trip's going to be a load of fun I can tell.

Climb checks:
Climb check: 1d20 + 12 = (12) + 2 = 14
Climb check: 1d20 + 20 = (20) + 2 = 22
Climb check: 1d20 + 16 = (16) + 2 = 18
Climb check: 1d20 + 8 = (8) + 2 = 10
Climb check: 1d20 + 20 = (20) + 2 = 22
Climb check: 1d20 + 12 = (12) + 2 = 14
Climb check: 1d20 + 17 = (17) + 2 = 9
Climb check: 1d20 + 2 = (2) + 2 = 4
Climb check: 1d20 + 10 = (10) + 2 = 12
Climb check: 1d20 + 12 = (12) + 2 = 14

melee touch attack to catch Xaven: 1d20 + 11 = (11) + 0 = 11
Climb check: 1d20 + 18 = (18) + 2 = 20

hope I did this right.


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

After the minute is up, Shell surrounds Afzara. She then climbs up to the top Climb speed is 30 and then climbs back down.

So glad that I could avoid this. 8 checks to get to top unless aiming for DC 15 to move half speed likely would have had me fall like Xaven. Hope you caught him Joseph. I am sure I would have failed with minimum of 15 checks to keep from falling.


Watching Xaven almost fall and die Mr. Plugg's laughs then frowns for a moment as joseph manages to grab him and stay on the ropes just barley.

Turning to Hornan Fletcher and Willis Cana Dhum, Mr. Plugg's scoffs, "Congratulations you two are the ships new riggers." Turning to the group again he asks, "Who can cook amongst you lot?" As he mentions cooking he looks directly at Afzara and Ravalyassa Gladomain expecting them to step up.


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Afzara is surprised. She hangs on side of mast and just stares back at him in confussion.


Male Halfling Gunslinger 1, HP 10, AC 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 1, Init +5, Perc +7

Willis looks up at the taller man, smiling "Well, yer twice my size, think you can keep up?"

Cheliax

Female Undine M [AC: 16; ff 12; Touch: 16 HP=12/12 F +3/R+6/W+4 CMD 18 Ini+4; Per+8] Monk (Flowing Monk)/1

I am a Monk and vegetarian and I wont kill my own kind which are fish for food.

You sure you want me to be your cook? Not afraid I will poison you?I would love to serve him some of my specialty dishes. Ravlyassa looked at the Pirate holding on the whip as she said.


male Human (Varisan) cleric of Besmara 1 [hp 9 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 Init +1 Perception +3]

"I gotcha mate, no worries." Joseph gasped through clenched teeth, securing the undine to the rigging while he regained his grip. Making his way down to the deck he flashed a satisfied grin towards Plugg, patting Horman on the back with a laugh. "Besmara's bones, the halfling seem to have called your abilities into question."

"The kitchen might prove an oppurtune location to gather information and tools."

"Alas my dear lady, I sincerely doubt we'll find much in the way of cabbage and raddishes aboard this vessel." Placing himself between the Ravalyassa and the first mate, turning to address the latter. "I could probably manage the galley, spent enough time among Cayden Cailean's lot to know my way around a kitchen. Better still I know nothing of poisons so there's no chance of me lacing your meals with anything other than seasoning."


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

any chance sasha can kill another rigger to have a turn at the rigging? I never got a chance to roll. <joke>
if not then Sasha will work the rigging regardless of where she is assigned.<may still do this>
Will roll anyway in case we can back up to give everyone a chance.

also confused on how this works seems some are moving half speed in a DC 10 not the DC15 as was posted.

anyway climb rolls:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 15 feet
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 30 feet
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 45 feet
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 60 feet

down: cast animate rope to loosen a rope and glide down.

profession sailor to know which rope 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
use Besmara's blessing to reroll profession sailor roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


(Normal/Shell) HP=9/9 Temp=6 AC=11/13 Touch=11/11 Flat=10/12 Fort=2/3 Ref=1/1 Will=2/2 Init=1 Perc=0

Maybe he had other plans for your position?

Afzara tells Sasha that was quick and the rope seemed to just jump right to where it was needed.

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Aye sir, I can cook sir

Qadira

M Human Rogue (Pirate) 2nd [ hp 14 AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1 Init +3 Perception +5]

Aye Sir, Like I said I can cook, But I only cooks with meat and fish. I do not make vegetarian meals looking at Ravalyassa she is going to eat seaweed for the rest of her time on the ship.

I make a pretty mean spicy fish stew


(HP: 10, AC: 13, F: +0, R: +4, W: +4, Init: +2, Perc: +7) Female Tiefling (demon Spawn) Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1 / bard (dirge bard) 1

looks like the decision stands so Sahsha is going to either be rigger no matter what order she is given or she offers to have someone that is rigger give it up.

1 to 50 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles #2 Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.