Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles

Game Master Valmoon


301 to 350 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

pushing on.

auto-run for Doreen:

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 +2 sandara's help.
You are now cured and at 11 con. 2 more days and you'll be all good again.
stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

No-Eyes:

Your talk with Samms doesn't go badly but, it also doesn't go well. As you found your ability to talk smoothly with this woman difficult.

The time finality arrives and you all hear the loud ringing come from the main deck of the ship signifying it's time for bloody hour. Everyone gathers around on the main deck. Today Morgan finds himself fallowing Scourge to the whipping mast. Scourge with no lack of glee sets Morgan up for the whipping.

[ooc]lashings
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
non-lethal

After taking Morgan down from the block Doreen finds herself also at the mast. "This here woman thought shed dump some of the captains kindly given rum!" Three lashings!!!

lashings
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
non-lethal

After the lashings Sandara comes over to heal you both.
Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

"It time for food mates!" Scourge screams loudly, his face beaming with delight. Shortly after Servi, Kroop and Grok bring up the evening meal.

Feel free to post you night actions and Roleplay out your meal introductions if you would like. Erik and Morgan please take a look at the campaign tab. I have a lot of info there that goes along with daily tasks.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

His time on the ship had gotten him use to the occasional whipping, he still didn't enjoy it though. Muttering under his breath during his punishment, he says something to the effect of mis-distribution of tasks while he thought of how he would enjoy feeding that whip to Scourge someday. He does his best to hid a snicker as one of Scourge's lashes goes far wide of its mark.

When Sandara heals the wounded, Morgan gives Doreen a hearty pat on the back in encouragement and, whispering when Scourge's back is turned, says, "I hear that that one gets his jollies with the whip 'cause he can't get his jollies in the sack." With that, he gives a friendly grin and a wink as he move to collect his rum ration. Though his words are full of enthusiasm, Morgan looks haggard and ready for some sleep. However, instead he throws back his rum, taking a deep gulp.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cha bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Making a sour face as the rum goes down, he will continue to talk with Doreen as the food is being served. "You are one o' them new swabs, ain't ya? I heard the recent group has been causin' a stir and gettin' Scourge's and Plugg's feathers in a'ruffle. Gotta say, I man has gotta respect that. Tha name's Morgan, at yer service." With that, Morgan extends his hand in greeting.

After chatting with Doreen for a bit, he excuses himself and heads over to talk with Shivikah, one of the swabs he had seen around for a while but had never had the chance to talk with. Plopping down next to the woman, Morgan says, "How ya doin'? Crisp sea air and a solid deck under our boots. Ain't it a loverly day fer sharing a bit o' rum among shipmates?" With that, he extends his mug in salute.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen is surprised to have someone com talk to her; since she got here, it has usually been the other way around. Seems like some lashing are all you need to get some simpathy around here... She shakes Morgan's hands and introduces herself. "Makgree, nice to meet ya. So, you've been around long? I've been trying to, let's say, makesome friends in here and I'll tell you people aren't that receptive. But who can blame them, rigt? It's a pirate life, after all." She leans over and confesses "You are one of the swabs too, aren't you? I'm trying get out of that to work with the gunmen, but man, that's not gonna happen while Scourge and Plugg are around..." Staring directly into Morgan's eyes, she repeats "...not while they are around..."

To avoiding the risk of more lashings, she decides to water down the rum and drink it calmly while she chats. Argh, I'm alreading feeling a little sick, but I'd better just take the damn rum.

Fortitude save (DC 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The rum hits her hard, but despite feeling a little nasueated, she decides to spend some time with the other swabs. At a certain point, she starts talking to Tilly Brackett trying to know her better and get on her good side. "Gotta stick together, us girl swabs, ain't it right, Tilly?"

Diplomacy to improve Tilly Brackett's attitude: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Later, she hits her hammock and sleeps profoundly, but wakes up feeling bad nonetheless.


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

No-Eyes turns his eyepatched face to Morgan, throws a gap-toothed grin as he raises a mug as he passes by.
”Good on ye matie!”

Bellamy drinks deeply of the rum
Fort save vs DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Success!
Gain 1d4 ⇒ 1 alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours.
Fort save vs DC10 or Fatigued until 8 hours rest: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 Fail! He's fatigued next morning until he can rest.

Thus fortified, Bellamy again takes the stage to try to capture the crews attention after his disasterous performance two days ago.
Bluff vs DC10 or ignored: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Success! He captures the crews attention with an outrageous impersonation of Scourge's voice, commenting on other crew members.
Then makes another attempt to entertain with ribald stories of his fictitious adventures.
Perform (Comedy) vs DC10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Success!
He gains +2 to Cha checks for the next 24 hours.


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Erik will walk up during dinner and sit down next to Sandara. Evening all, so Sandara these are the folks you been spending all your time with. I am Erik Stormeyes out of Port Peril. You lot seem to be sowing chaos on this boat. No wonder Sandara is so fond of you. So Sandara you want to reconsider my invitation.Implying a past invitation to share a hammock for the night.
He will water his rum down for the night,Fortitude save (DC 10): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Later that night, Erik again approaches the group with an evil grin. Well I am off to see if I can'ot find a way to pull some of Scourges wrath off you lot.

Will try to chat the crew up, to see if he can gain any insights into Scourge, how the other officers view him, is he sleeping with anyone, trying to sleep with anyone, things like that.
Diplomacy to gather info.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Then goes to bed for the night.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran is genuinely surprised that he managed to get away with his dereliction of duty today, but if that was Besmara's fortune for him, he's not going to complain.

At dinner, figuring that if he escaped the lash he at least owes the Pirate Queen a token of tribute, he downs his rum straight as an oblation.

Drink deeply; Fortitude (DC 15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Failed.

Constitution damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Alchemical bonus to Charisma for the next 8 hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Next morning's Will save (DC 10): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Success.

As the rum hits him like a sack of hammers, he can't help overhearing Erik's invitation to Sandara.

"Well, aren't we ever hopeful, lad?" he remarks with a lopsided grin. "You best be watching out for this one miss; I've seen sharks that've put less effort into a hunt."

If Erik becomes offended, the now red-faced half-elf waves him off good-naturally.

"Easy there, just having a bit of fun. Renzuran Darber, pleased to make your acquaintance."

After dinner, Renzuran seeks out Tarroon to once again attempt to get in good with her, With any luck, he might lkearn something that will let him access the Captain's Cabin and maybe get a leg up on scourge.

Attempt to influence Tarroon: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi laughs at Morgan's jape. I could've figured. You can always peg the ones that don't have much use of their peg. Men like that, well, they'll go to any kind of depravity to get their kicks."

Servi Waters down her grog and sips it, taking the effects as they come. Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Later, Servi will try to strike ups conversation with the Gnome, Cochobar Turlach Shortstone, coming in genuinely intrigued into Gnome culture, as she's never really had much contact with them as a peoples, even in her previous profession as a courtesan.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Alivia didn't post so auto-sleeping.

The next morning Mr. Scourge looks the group over and is in a rather foul mood as most of his spiteful comments are to No-Eyes. However, more so then yesterday the whole ships crew gives off that feel as if something bad may happen at any moment. He quickly giving out tasks he quickly moves to Plugg's side as they do their tasks (watching you all work).

Renzuran rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Servi cook task 1d6 ⇒ 6 is both of yours to do today
Alivia swab task 1d6 ⇒ 3 is yours to do today
No-Eyes swab task 1d6 ⇒ 4 is yours to do today
Doreen swab task 1d6 ⇒ 6 is yours to do today
Morgan swab task 1d6 ⇒ 6 is yours to do today
Erik swab task 1d6 ⇒ 2 is yours to do today

1d100 + 30 ⇒ (40) + 30 = 70 If lower the 75% Kroop is drunk.

Renzuran:

Regardless of your kind treatment, Tarroon blows you off as if she doesn't even know or care that your there.

Lookout: A climb to the crow's nest.
requirements:
DC 10 Climb check(to 60ft)
DC 10 Perception Check.

Servi:

Though initially unfriendly Shortstone warms up to you slightly throughout the conversation.

special occasion: the captain is celebrating something special today and whats one of the ships pigs butchered and cooked for dinner.
requirements:
DC 10 profession(cook) or survival check
If kroop is sober no additional check required
If kroop is drunk DC 15 professional(cook) or intelligence check

Alivia:

Swab The Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones.
requirements:
DC 10 Strength or Constitution check.
Failing either check results in Fatigue.

No-Eyes:

Though the crew loved your act Scourge could be seen scowling and left to somewhere else on the ship.

Hauling and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.

Doreen:

Tilly finds you to be a over all nice person after chatting and after you part ways you get the feeling you made a new friend.

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check

Morgan:

Shivikah slaps you stating shed rather bee seen with a Gnome Lich then the likes of you and storms off.

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check

Erik:

Sandara kindly declines muttering about her almost getting forced into bed by plugg's on their second night.

Scourge is weasel and a snitch nothing good ever comes from him but, the crew sorta fear him because of Pluggs.

Rat Catcher: Catching vermin below deck.
requirements:
DC 10 Stealth, Survival or Dexterity Check


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

Morgan rubs his cheek a bit in surprise, "Geez, just tryin' ta be friendly," he mutters, more to himself than to Shivikah who had already stormed off. He had thought that his words had been friendly. After a moment, the surprised look vanishes as Morgan shrugs his shoulders as he thinks Something else must have that woman's jib in a twist. When dinner is finished, he heads below deck to get some early rest, tired from today's work.

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

And the rest seems to do the man good as even the fatiguing effects of the rum are not evident as the man goes topside to receive his duties. Glad to be given a task that makes use of his sailing experience, Morgan sets about his work with a smile on his face as he makes jests with those around him. "Hey Badger, ya hear tha one about tha sailor who was heavy in his drink when the bartender said 'Well, I'll be, ain't that a man who can't hold his rum, the drunker he gets, the more of him is in the mug.'" With that, Morgan starts busting out laughing at some joke that was hard to identify. Though the joke was a horrible one, Morgan's boisterous attitude coupled with his willingness to talk with others seemed to make the joke almost funny. When Morgan passes Doreen, he gives a wide grin to the gunslinger, sometime coupled with a sound pat on the shoulder as they went about similar duties.

Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Influencing Badger Medlar as Morgan goes about his work.


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen is glad to get an easy enough assignment today. She does her work without putting too much effort in it, still feeling tired from her recent fever and a bit hung over from the rum rations. She finishes her work as quickly as she can and then looks for Tilly Bracket and Morgan Rackham, her latest acquaintances from the previous night, and offers to help with their swab tasks. "Perks of working together is having someone to talk to, huh?", she says winking at them both. She inquires about how they got into piracy and how they feel working for Captain Harrigan.

Profession (Sailor) to make the repairs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Diplomacy to improve Tilly's attitude to helpful: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Given a task that he is not so suited for Erik will work diligently today
Survival: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 4 = 15


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi, hearing of the tasks set out for her, runs streaming into the kitchens, only to find Kroop passed out again in a drunken stupor.

"Damnit Kroop," she yells, shaking him and slapping him across the face to get him to wake up, but to no avail.

She turns around, staring at the pig already set up in the kitchens, waiting for the butchery.

No, oh no! I don't know how to butcher a pig, I've never even seen someone butcher a pig... and such a cute pig. Gah, I don't have the stomach for this. It didn't used to be just me here in the kitchens. I think maybe I had help once... didn't I?" She shakes her head of the cobwebs of anxiety. "Stuff and nonsense. I have to focus on what I'm actually doing here."

Servi puts her all into it. Work Diligently

(WD)Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Intelligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

After yet another failed attempt to ingratiate himself with Tarroon, Renzuran scowls and makes his way to bed. For now, he's given up on trying to get in good with the captain's help, citing it as a lost cause.

Climb (DC 10), work dilligently: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Perception (DC 10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

While attempting to climb up the rigging the following day, Renzuran slips and twists his ankle. Swearing like a born sailor, Darber tries over to make it to the crows nest, but the strain on his leg is too great and he winds up collapsing in a heap.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

CON DC 10: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Alivia mops and scrubs the deck, but rapidly becomes fatigued from the backbreaking and grueling work. She can't keep the fake smile on her face today.


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Still feeling fatigued at the previous nights drinking, No-Eyes sets to work at the days task; Hauling and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another.

DC 10 Profession(Sailor): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21 and gets the job done right.
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4 But ends up exhaused at the end of the day.
While he works, he tries to influence Tam "Narwhal" Tate. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 24


The time finality arrives and you all hear the loud ringing come from the main deck of the ship signifying it's time for bloody hour. Everyone gathers around on the main deck. Today Renzuran finds himself yet again fallowing Scourge's foot steps to the whipping mast. Scourge with no lack of glee sets Renzuran up for the whipping. Whispering ,"I don't know why we keep you on this ship your not worth your grain of salt." before stepping back the crude smile easy to spot during the whipping.

lashings
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
non-lethal

After the lashings Sandara comes over to heal Renzuran both.
Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"It time for food mates!" Scourge screams loudly, his face beaming with delight. Shortly after Servi, Kroop and Grok bring up the evening meal.

Influencing Badger Medlar was a rocky start but, Morgan felt in the end she was much more friendly.

Influencing Tilly Brackett the words just flowed from Doreen's mouth and in the end you both were good palls.

Servi I made a mistake kroop wasn't drunk if you would like to change your action please let me know.
Feel free to post you night actions and Roleplay out your meal


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran sits silently among the crew at dinner, sipping his rum, but he is not sulking like the last time after he faced the lash. Now he wears a look of grim determination, like he's finally made up his mind about something.

"I'm done with this," he whispers to the assembled party. "As long as Scourge captains this ship we're all living on borrowed time. At best we have an indefinite term of indentured servitude before he either tires of antagonizing us or finds some excuse to kill us during the Bloody Hour. It would be in our collective best interest to find some way to see his term ended as swiftly as possible before we all wind up feeding the sharks."

The half-elf takes a sip from his glass and looks around the table for a response.

Sip rum (Fort save DC 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Well, technically if Kroop wasn't drunk then I never had to make the Intelligence check... which I passed. -_- I still failed the Survival, the one that I even placed the work diligently in, so it's still a failure in my eyes.

Servi meets Renzuran's proclamation with a sympathetic look, but keeps her voice low as she tries to placate him.

Look, she coos, I understand they're a terrible bunch, and out of our little group here Scourge has taken a special liking to licking you with that stick of his, but remember, he's not the Captain. Barnabas Hannigan is, and it's not just them either. It's Scourge, Plug, the Captain and all the rest of their cronies. Safe to say we're outmatched... She sighs and leans back in her chair, sipping her rum as she does so.

Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 12

After a moderate pause she continues. ...I just don't want anyone here to get hurt. If it comes down to it, I'd fight to last, but there are other ways around these kind of things.


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Exhaustion dragged at Bellamy as he forced himself to keep awake during Bloody Hour and the meal immediately after.

Listening to Renzuran, he turns his head in his general direction.
"Yer thinkin' too small boy. A swab like that, well you ain't like t' be his only whippin' boy. Find out who else 'n make his enemies yer friends."
His head hits the table for a few moments.
"Sorry, but I can't think right now. I'll catch ye tomorrow."

Staggering to his feet, he accepts his rum ration and tries to slop it anywhere except into his mouth.
Stealth DC10: 1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 6 = 12

Then he hits his hammock early to sleep it all off.


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Erik speaks quietly to Renzuran, Wait and watch, we need as much of the crew to be against him as we can get before we make a move. That and preferably finding him at a weakened moment.
he makes some grog for the evening.Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Later that evining,Time to see what is where on this boat.
Erik will sneak off and search the bilges to see what he can find. Sneak: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Take 20 on perception for a 21.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
alch bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sitting down next to Renzuran, Morgan has a silly grin on his face that seems to contrast sharply with the cleric's as he too sips at his rum. Listening to the priest's words, Morgan responds with, "Heya, don't think we been introduced. Tha name's Morgan, been on this here tub fer a good few months now. I know ye'er thinkin' that thinks look a little bleak. But jest remember that Scourge and his crones are jest blowin' off steam at this point. If ya let them see that their games are gettin' to ya, then you are lettin' them know that they won. Yer friend is right too, Scourge ain't the Captain. Harrigan may be one son o' a sea snake, but he knows how ta bring in the booty. That and stirrin' up trouble now will jest bring the Captain's eye on ya. Ya all seemed to be making friends on this ship though, I say keep at it and look at the bright side o' tha pirate life." With that, Morgan raises his cup for a cheers to all gathered around before throwing back the rest of his rum.

Afterwards, wanting to get in good with a few of the riggers, Morgan moves over to Barefoot Sams and takes a seat, attempting to strike up conversation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran grunts disdainfully and finishes his drink.

"Keep your eyes open. You all might not feel ready to take action, but I'm not giving up on this yet. Scourge, Harrigan, Plugg... If we don't do something and do it soon, we're as good as chum. Count on it."

With that he gets up and leaves the table, heading for topside. He's neither in the mood nor is optimistic about his chances for buttering up a member of the crew tonight, so instead he decides to sneak around the ship and see what he can find.

Sneaking to A5b to explore what's there: Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10. Taking 20 on Perception for a 23.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Alivia leans over and whispers to Renz, "Who knows who may be listening, I'd keep your voice down if I were you, preferably not even mentioning your feelings out loud. We're with you."

She turns to the rest of the group and says very low, "I saw the sailing master cast a spell far beyond anything any of us can cast. She could destroy all of us in an instant, we need to tread very carefully about this. I'm hoping we'll hit port before they find a way to rid themselves of one of us."

She eats her food and sips her rum this evening trying to not stand out after her lousy job today.


I understand this week is busy so we will take this slow.
Renzuran I need a second perception check please.
Samms is now friendly

The group is woken up with a loud crash! The crew is moving frantically all around the ship, as if there lives depended on it. The winds are fowl and even inside the crew quarters the group can hear them. Scourge comes tarring into the room. "YOU WORTHLESS SWABS GET UP ON DECK WE NEED EVERY BODY WORKING NOW!!!" You all have been given a rigging task today and there is a bad storm out.
To save some time I'll be handing out two task per person the second task will come into effect later as will the DC14 fatigue check. (I'll let you know when it comes into effect.)

Renzuran rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Servi rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4 is both of yours to do today
Alivia rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2 is yours to do today
No-Eyes rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Doreen rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 4 is yours to do today
Morgan rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 6 is yours to do today
Erik rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 3 is yours to do today

Renzuran:

Mainsail: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) Check or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Lookout: A climb to the crow's nest.
requirements:
DC 12 Climb check(to 60ft)
DC 12 Perception Check.

Servi:

Rigging Repair: The ship's rigging frequently is damaged and needs repairs.
requirements:
DC 12 Climb check(to 30ft)
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity Check

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Rope Work: Handling the ship's ropes, including coiling, stowing and securing them to cleats and single bollards.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Alivia:

Rope Work: Handling the ship's ropes, including coiling, stowing and securing them to cleats and single bollards.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

no-eyes:

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Lookout: A climb to the crow's nest.
requirements:
DC 12 Climb check(to 60ft)
DC 12 Perception Check.

Doreen:

Rope Work: Handling the ship's ropes, including coiling, stowing and securing them to cleats and single bollards.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Rope Work: Handling the ship's ropes, including coiling, stowing and securing them to cleats and single bollards.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Morgan:

Lookout: A climb to the crow's nest.
requirements:
DC 12 Climb check(to 60ft)
DC 10 Perception Check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Mainsail: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) Check or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Erik:

Mainsail: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) Check or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

DC 14 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails.
requirements:
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Rolled rudely out of his bunk, Bellamy is set to work.
Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails.
Profession (Sailor) vs DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Success!
Con check vs DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Success! Not fatigued.
Con check vs DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Success! Not fatigued.

Most ridiculous was the order sending him up to the crow's nest as a lookout.
Climb DC12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Slips
Climb DC12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Succeeds!
Perception DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Success! Using his ears more than his eyes.


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi awakens with a start at the crash, nearly falling out of her bunk as she hurries to get quickly prepared in the dank and rocking conditions.

"Oh lord," she thinks as she rushes up the stairs to join everyone in the midst of the terrible storm, the boat rocking perilously, so much so she has to fight to stay on her feet. "I am not cut out for this."

Servi sets about her tasks with an ominous dread.

DC 12 Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Servi tries but fails miserably to even hold on to the moist rigging.
DC 12 Climb Check(2): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11 And just when she thinks she might yet have it again, her strength fails her and she is forced to let go.
DC 12 Climb Check(3): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 She is utterly unable to climb the rigging.

DC 12 Dexterity Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 - Success

DC 14 Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 7 - Faulure

DC 12 Dexterity Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Here's that second perception check you asked for.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unlike Servi, the crash actually does startle Renzuran out of his bunk. He lets loose a string of cusses as his arm reaches up from the floor to grope for his hat on the corner.

When he finally gets topside, he shields his eyes with his hand and looks out over the stormy horizon. Besmara was either riled about something, he figured, or else she was just bored and wanted to see how they'd react. The goddess was notoriously fickle even at the best of times, and not even a priest like him could say which it was for certain.

He glanced up at the mainsail whipping in the violent winds and exhaled nervously, kissing his holy symbol for luck.

"'May we be dead before we hit bottom...'"

Profession (Sailor) DC 12 (Working diligently): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Success.
Constitution DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Success.

Constitution DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Failure; will be fatigued when it comes into effect.

Climb DC 12 (Working diligently): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Success.
Perception DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Success.


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Jumping out of his hammock Erik runs out onto the deck with a grin on his face. Erik seems to run about his work much more easily then he should be able to in these winds. He seems to act as if he was out in the storm by choise and having the time of his life while doing it.

First Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Failure
Second fatigue Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Second Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
ThirdCon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 now exhausted

Besmara's testing us folks, she sending us though the ringer! Lets show her what we are made of! he yells to the rest of the crew and throw's his head back laughing.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Rolling out of her bunk, Alivia stumbles onto deck and starts doing rope and line work, her budding sailor skills starting to shine despite her intense fatigue working in the storm.

Rope Work
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
DC 14 Constitution 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Line Work
DC 12 Profession(Sailor) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
DC 10 Constitution 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

Getting jostled out of his hammock, Morgan moves as he clears the fog form his eyes. Slipping his boots on as he hits the main deck, he looks at the storm and mumbles "We'll show ya what we are made of Bessie" as he sets to work. Smiling as he hears Morgan's encouragement, he makes for the ropes, thrilled to be able to finally do what he was good at.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fatigue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Reaching the crow's nest in record time, scans the horizon, however, it seems that the storm was blocking his view of the horizon, shouting what he sees to the people below, he spends the time for his first task there, enjoying the rain on his face before making down the ropes once more. As soon as his feet reach the deck however, Scourge is hin his face, demanding Morgan to lower the main sail to protect it from the wind before raising it once more to catch the wind as it moves in the direction they need to go.

prof sailor: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The entire time, Morgan concentrates and moves quickly to complete the task, though a smile is seen every once in a while, as if the man was actually enjoying his tasks.


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen rushes to deck and quickly moves to the ropes, moving past the swabs that crowd the deck. Her hair starts getting soaked and falls over her face impairing her vision; she rubs the water off her face and puts on her hat to protect herself from the heavy rain. As the ship slides over the raging sea, she tries to tie firm knots to secure the ropes, moving frantically from one to the next. When she thinks she’s finishing, she notices the ropes loosening again, and a few of them fly in the air as they spring from the knots. Cursing under the roaring storm, she starts her task again, this time applying greater strength and using more sophisticated knots.

Profession(Sailor) 1st check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Constitution check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Profession(Sailor) 2nd check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Taking the telescope from his eyepatch, No-Eyes shouts; "No enemy sightings Cap'n!"


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

By Hell, why is the Blind man in the crows nest!


Some of you find yourselves looking at Plugg's or Scourge during the first shift of tasks, others the same during the second shift. They make a gesture that gives you the feeling that punishment is headed your way tomorrow.

As the group works hard at there tasks the waves pick up and the rain grows heavier. The sounds of yelling can be heard so your crew mates work to keep the ship safe.

Perception rolls please

A short bit after the waves calm a bit MAN OVERBOARD!!! Kroop yells pointing over the left side of the ship.


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Sorry, I have yet to rebuild my character sheet. It's been a hell of a hectic week for me and I'm overladen with other schoolwork.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

As Servi hears those dreaded words, she peers out into the impenetrable downpour, trying to locate the unfortunate soul.


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Remember, I can only "See" things out to 30 feet.


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Erik starts to tie off a rope to the ship, preparing to throw it to whoever went over. Besmara let this be a test and do not claim one of our own!


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])
"No-Eyes" Bellamy wrote:
Taking the telescope from his eyepatch, No-Eyes shouts; "No enemy sightings Cap'n!"

omg! I laughed so hard over this one.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

Working hard, Morgan felt the fatigue coming over him he continues to work even as Scourge passes by as the knot that Morgan had just tied came undone. Knowing that he would be getting the lash, he enjoyed the respite that the storm provided and hoped that the storm would continue, making any whipping impossible.

At the shout of man overboard, Morgan dashes and slides to the side of the ship Kroop is on peering through the heavy rain in an attempt to spot the fellow sailor who fell over.

Her's hopin' that it be Scourge or one o' his mates and not any o' the sailors friendly ta our little band.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

From his position in the crow's nest (which judging from Bellamy's presence they sent him to act as an extra set of eyes, except why send a blind man up in the first place?), Darber squints to try and make out the shape of the crewman who fell overboard, but the driving rain makes his vision about as good as No-Eyes'. It also didn't help that the fatigue from the climb was beginning to weigh down on him.

"He's over the port side! Can anybody see him...?!"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Over the side of the boat is Tilly Brackett. Currently 10 ft away but, with each passing second is drifting further and further away. Her cry for help just starting to reach the crews ears. Kroop points to those of you on deck. Grab the rope!!! lets try to save her!
12 touch to "hit" her. Three people can aid in helping her get back to ship using str modifier.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

Grabbing a coil of rope long enough to reach Tilly, Morgan ties a loop at the end to catch Tilly with and, holding the coil in his right and the untied end in his left, Morgan lets the rope fly, hoping to snag her before she gets too far out

touch attack: 1d20 + 4d6d1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (11, 10, 20, 20, 18, 12, 10, 14, 17, 1, 2, 16, 14) + 3 = 173

Edit: oops, lest try that again

touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Seeing that she had the rope, Morgan starts pulling her in as he shouts, "C'mon ya maties! Let's get her back on deck!"


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

No-Eyes will slide down a backstay to the deck to bear a hand at the line.
Climb check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Strength check for aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen rushes to help Morgan bring Tilly Brackett back to the deck, picking up a piece of the rope and pulling with strength. She screams down "Hang on there, Tilly, we got you!"

Aid another - Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Not very effective


swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Tilly Brackett fails her first swim check however, keeps ahold of the rope. This keeps he close to the boat as she would other wise have been washed out further into the sea with the saves.

Kropp screems ,"PULL her in mates!. The rest of the crew continues about looking for ways to help out if something goes wrong.

2 successes means Tilly Brackett gets back to the ship safe. (19 attempts left.)


Male Human Fighter (Corsair) / 2 (AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | HP: 22/22 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +1 | Init: +2 | Per: +5

"C'mon! Ya all wanna be taken fer land lubbers!? PULL! As he shouts pull, Morgan draws back on the rope. However, his foot slips against the sea soaked planks of the ships deck and Morgan isn't able to get his full strength behind his effort.

Str. check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen keeps pulling the rope trying to aid Morgan, but she feels her muscles strained from the heavy work managing the ropes during the storm. Try as she might, her efforts seem ineffective.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Oracle (Heavens) L2/Bard (Seasinger) L2 - | AC18 (T12FF16) | HP 31/31 | Saves: F2R5W6 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Strength check for aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi, trying her darned hardest to stay attached to the rigging, stares down at the hubbub on the ground with both horror at the situation and awe at the selflessness of her compatriots.


Male AC: 12 T: 10 FF: 12 | HP: 18/18 | F: +5 R: +0 W: +4 | Init: +0 | Per: +1 [Low-Light Vision] suli elemental knight Magus 2

Erik will cast dancing lights and send it out to where Tilly is to better keep track of her.
Put your backs into it, lets get her back onto the ship before the storm or something worse swallows her up!
Erik will look around into the storm-tossed water to make sure nothing is swimming around out there.Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

301 to 350 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM VALMOON'S SKULLS AND SHACKLES GAME PLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.