Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles

Game Master Valmoon


201 to 250 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Did we kill *10 yet? Anyway...

Servi sighs and, seeing all the rats lying in tiny pools of blood, stops the lullaby.

"I don't think the determination of their location's part of our job description, Sharice, and besides, I'd rather not incur the wrath of Mr. Impatient up there. We've killed the rats; that should keep everyone safe and the big man satisfied for at least the moment."

Servi searches herself for anything worthwhile. Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14
"If Mr. Impatient does end up getting TOO impatient then it won't be any concern if we've dealt with the rats if we're all sitting down here sifting for loot."


Once you all climb back up top Master Plugg's and Scourge are standing there arms crossed. "They all dead now, you worthless swabs? They had best be AND you had best still be standing here when we climb back up. Were going to make sure you did your job! If you didn't... We all know what your punishment will be..." With that they head down into the bilges. is there anything you would like to do while you wait?

perception results
"taking 20" nothing worth taking at all.
Doreen - I just noticed your eye of plunder trait. I'll fix that slip up "tomorrow" ok?


Once you all climb back up top Master Plugg's and Scourge are standing there arms crossed. "They all dead now, you worthless swabs? They had best be AND you had best still be standing here when we climb back up. Were going to make sure you did your job! If you didn't... We all know what your punishment will be..." With that they head down into the bilges.

perception results
"taking 20" nothing worth taking at all.
Doreen - I just noticed your eye of plunder trait. I'll fix that slip up "tomorrow" ok?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran offers Alivia's dagger back to her after cleaning off the blade.

"Thanks for the lend, miss. I'll need to get my own back before long."

He turns to the rest of the party and holds up his holy symbol.

"I don't suppose anyone could use some healing while we've got a free moment?"


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice's glare burns holes in Plugg's back until the son-of-a-wretch disappears belowdecks, at which point she finally allows herself to sag slightly to take the weight off her injured ankle. "I could do with some help, yeah," she mutters in response to Renzuran's offer. "Damn vermin. I just hope they weren't carrying plague..."


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia nods to both Renzuran and Sharice. "Damn things got me more than a few times..."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

"You got it. This'll just take a moment..."

Darber's pendant begins to glow as a wave of positive energy washes over the party.

Channel Energy 1d6 (30 feet, self included): 1d6 ⇒ 1

My friggin' luck, I swear. >:( Least I have two more charges left today...


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

"Whoo-ee! Thank'ee kindly Mr. Darber!"
I don't suppose that fixes Fatigue as well does it?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

I'm fraid not, just hp.


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi Turns to Alvia, No-Eyes and Sharice. "Are these the kind of bilge rats you've been having to deal with all along? Something tells me they don't usually resort to mob tactics.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

"No, they don't," Sharice replies. "Which is part of why I was wondering..."

Going to be traveling all day tomorrow, expect slow response if any.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

"You're welcome Ren, and you're welcome to keep it if you're better with it than a belaying pin," she chuckles, "I don't get close enough to things to use it if I can help it."

She turns to Servi, "Sure, I killed a dozen the other day, I don't know what the fuss is about." She pauses then laughs, "Oh heck no, those are huge compared to the little rats I took care of. I also stayed out of the bilges, I wandered around the cargo areas instead. When I looked down there, it looked like a kraken would come out of that awful water, so I stayed away."


Go ahead and post your rum and night actions. I'll post Plugg's and scourges "findings" in a larger post tomorrow afternoon my time.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran smiles at Alivia's suggestion and flips the knife end over end.

"Well, if you insist..."

At the evening meal the half-elf decides to nurse his rum once again, this time making small talk with the others. He seems to have relaxed and opened up a bit more since the battle. But when supper is finished he still elects to turn in early.

"I've been dead on my feet since this afternoon. I'm going to get some shuteye before I have a chance to regret it tomorrow. Have fun, all."

Sip rum (DC 10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Going to sleep as my nighttime action to automatically recover from being fatigued.


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Bellamy guzzles down his rum like a real pirate.
Fort save vs DC15 to avoid 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Success!
Alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Will save vs DC10 to avoid fatigue in the morning: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Success!

Because of his disasterous performance previously, he doesn't even bother to try this evening. He knows the task is going to be much harder in the future, so he hits the hammock early this evening to recover.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Rum: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Alivia sips her rum, grimacing as usual. Curious about the prior comment regarding 'Peppery' that shut-up Plugg, she'll seek Peppery out and try and strike up a conversation to feel out how she feels towards our little ragtag band and win her over to our 'side', especially if she doesn't fell well disposed towards our nemesis.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Before I decide, do we have any expendable healing left? Lucia's still at 4.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

If the GM is willing, I could figure that before Renzuran turned in he burned shield of faith to spontaneously cast cure light wounds on Lucia.
Hp cured: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I also had two more charges of Channel Positive Energy for the party that would have otherwise gone to waste (standard action each):
Hp cured: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Hp cured: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Renzuran Darber wrote:

If the GM is willing, I could figure that before Renzuran turned in he burned shield of faith to spontaneously cast cure light wounds on Lucia.

Hp cured: 1d8+1

I also had two more charges of Channel Positive Energy for the party that would have otherwise gone to waste (standard action each):
Hp cured: 1d6
Hp cured: 1d6

that's fine


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi, fatigued from the other day, only sips her rum, and sighs at the end, disgusted at the taste.

Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Though, feeling good about herself, Servi sneaks away down to the cargo hold, where she attempts to spend some time down there If the GM allows it consorting with her familiar for an hour to prepare all of her spell slots.

0 – Putrefy Food and Drink, Daze, Message, Mending
1 – Charm Person, Ear Piercing Scream

Suppose I'll take a 20 on the Perception since I'm already down there, but I suppose it'll be a sneak check then.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia decides to spend the evening on performance before going to bed early, not feeling up to extensive interaction after the battle.

Sipping rum, Performance action
Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Perform: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


A short bit later Master Pluggs and Scourge come out. "your free to go." is all Plugs says. As the two walk off Scourge looks back a heavy scowl on his face.

Alivia:

'Peppery' doesn't want to talk to you much seems to give off the feel she want to keep something from you and isn't to subtle about it. You do notice her cast a few spells from time to time though.

Servi:

There is a tun down here some of it worth quite a bit but, nothing you can hid if stolen. No one troubles you except Kroop how you see leaving with an empty pot. (Food for your familiar floating to the bottom of the water.)

Lucia:

your exhausted by the end of the performance but, it was well received.

Day 5

Mr. Scourge turns to the group and seems to be in a very good mood. Something just doesn't seem right in how he smiles. He quickly gives out tasks before vanishing into the ship "to do his tasks".

Renzuran rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 2 is yours to do today
Lucia and Servi cook task 1d6 ⇒ 2 is both of yours to do today (you both need to make the checks/check)
Alivia swab task 1d6 ⇒ 1 is yours to do today
No-Eyes swab task 1d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Doreen Makgree swab task 1d6 ⇒ 6 is yours to do today
Sharice swab task 1d6 ⇒ 2 is yours to do today
1d100 + 25 ⇒ (31) + 25 = 56 If lower the 75% Kroop is drunk.

Lucia and Servi:

cooking: Assisting kroop in preparing the days meal.
requirements:
If he's sober no check is required
If he's drunk a DC 10 profession(cook) or intelligence check

Renzuran:

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigue Check.

Alivia:

Man The Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges.
requirements:
DC 12 Strength check
DC 10 constitution or fatigued check.

No-Eyes:

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship.
requirements:
DC 10 Acrobatics check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.
A character with the Run feat or a Landspeed of 40 feet or more automatically succeeds.

Doreen Makgree:

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check

Sharice:

Rat Catcher: Catching vermin below deck.
requirements:
DC 10 Stealth, Survival or Dexterity Check


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Awakened refreshed from a good night's sleep, Bellamy sets to the day's work as a Runner.
Acrobatics vs DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 He does a good day's work.
Con check vs DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 But ends up fatigued again.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Checks to determine what Peppery is casting:
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Bilge Work:
STR DC 12: 1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 4 = 14
CON DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Alivia comes out of the bilges covered in grime and looking far the worse for wear. As she makes it on deck from the bowels of the ship, she brightens up a bit as she stretches, deeply breathes in the salty air and sees the blue sky and endless ocean.

Looking down at her clothes, she grimaces and wrinkles her nose. A smile crosses her face as she passes her hand over her hair, skin, and clothes making them all neat and pristine again as if she'd just washed and cleaned everything.

Perking up a bit and with steps no longer as ponderous, she wanders over to the bow of the ship and peers down at the wake and the splashing water, seeing if there are any dolphins swimming alongside or other sea life.

She looks up at the galley smoke streaming out ahead of the ship and licks her lips, ready for dinner.


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

After killing off the rats, Doreen goes to dinner feeling a little strange, but dismisses it as tiredness. She eats her ration and then goes on to drink the rum; not feeling particularly well, she decides to get rid of it while no one's looking. After dinner, tired of trying to make friends, she decides to go after her musket instead of spending time socializing. On the way to talking to the quartermaster, she walks around the ship searching for useful things and discretely grabs whatever she can, and then goes to Grok and asks for her firearm as nicely as she can, considering her foul mood.

"Hey, Grok. My colleagues say you can help us recover some of our stuff. Well, I've got something I've been wanting to get back for a while; it's been with me since I've first boarded a ship and it and I don't enjoy much being apart. Maybe you've seen a broken musket around? It's kind of useless to anyone but me."

Night Rolls:

Stealth to dispose of rum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Eye for plunder trait - gimme stuff! :)
Diplomacy to get musket, bullets and powder back: 1d20 ⇒ 14

On the next day, feeling a little better and glad she did not ake any rum the night before, she works quickly making all necessary repairs. While splicing some ropes and tying up a few loose sails, she comes across Klipper, the gunner's mate, ad tries once again to strike up a conversation about the cannons aboard, this time threading more carefully and choosing her words wisely. After having a seemingly pleasant conversation, she asks, in the end, "Do you think there's any chance of me working with the guns, too?"

Day Rolls:

I'm assuming she got filth fever from the rats
Filth Fever Onset: 1d3 ⇒ 3 days
Filth Fever Daily Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Diplomacy to improve Klipper's attitude: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

After waking up feeling refreshed, Renzuran takes time out to pray for new spells before meeting up with the others above deck for the day's tasks.

Going with the 3:Sneak option today.
Dexterity DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Constitution DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

For once, Darber manages to get through his rigging job without any exceptional difficulty. Emboldened by his success, he decides to use his extra time to sneak off to an unexplored area of the ship in order to look around.

Going to A5b to see what's what.
Perception (no chance of detection): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice spends the evening sipping her rum and striking up a conversation with one of the other deck workers, comparing stories and gently probing for information on what to expect on the journey.
Evening actions:
Diplomacy, trying to influence Tilly Brackett: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Rum (sipped): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

She saves her scowls for Scourge's back the next morning, but goes to work without complaint.

While hunting rats with Scrimshaw, she looks at him askance. "Is it just me, or does the idea of Scourge smirking like that make you nervous as well? It feels like he's up to something and I don't think we're going to enjoy it..."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Influence Jak Scrimshaw (diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

That unmarked roll was supposed to be the dex roll for the day's job. Sorry about that.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia just rolls her eyes at Kroop's continuing antics. "We're going to need to hide the rum at some point...but I'm not feeling so good today." Brushing her forehead off, she gets to work as best as she can.

Working Diligently Int check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi, seeing Kroop passed out yet again in a chair in the corner, doesn't even begin to act surprised.

"Yes, well, we can try to get the man off the bender after we've prevented ourselves from getting a few lashings for the day."

Intelligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Both of them having seemingly done a good job, Servi turns to Lucia.

"Hey, could you hold down the fort for a bit, I've got to catch some air. I can't stand these enclosed places for too long. Thanks."

Servi heads abovedecks and stands by the railing where she sees the swab Giffer Tibbs moving past her going about her daily business.

Servi tries to talk to her.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Hey there, sorry, I'm not sure if we've met. I'm Servi, and I have no idea what I'm doing here." She smiles in spite of herself. "And waht about you? How'd you end up on this desolate little dingy?"


You all hear the loud ringing come from the main deck of the ship signifying it's time for bloody hour. Everyone gathers around on the main deck. There is a nervous, energy that spreads over the crew as if something untold is about to happen. Finally, Scourge emerges from below deck with Master plugg's in toe.

"It time for food mates!" Scourge screams loudly, his face beaming with delight. To confirms this Plugg's nods ," See, a little whipping motivates the crew well. The captain just shacks his head and yells for food.

After that, Lucia, Servi, Kroop and Grok bring up the evening meal - its a well made soup that the full crew seems to like.

As the group is finishing there meal the dark shadow of Scourge and Pluggs appears. "How would one of you lot like to be able to earn a little coin?" He opens a small bag of about 100gp showing it to the group. Sandara's eyes go wide as she realizes whats going on but, Scourge interrupts her as she attempts to speak. "All you got to do is win 1 fight against Master Plugg's "pet". But, I bet you lot are to chicken... So perhaps were wasting our time offering you the biggest pot of gold you could earn to date... Ah yes and it would be with fists only on both sides, no magic and the like all in good fun far and proper." With that they wait there for a response to see if someone will take the challenge.

I'm short on time atm but, for know this will work. Special responses for the rolls made will come later.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice cracks her knuckles as she stands up. "You're on," she calls back to Scourge. "Whatever pet he's got hidden away can't possibly be worse than having to stare at your face."

She glances aside at Sandra, giving a minute nod. Yes, I know it's a trap. It's not like he'd offer any of us a chance to do anything but die. But how better to demonstrate we're not to be trifled with?


Alivia:

Spell cast: Discern Location
Shes a sorcerer that just cast a 4th level spell.

Doreen:

you got all your original gear back.
You also found 50gp in Alchemical cartridge, paper (so 5 rounds).
correct but, iI have the rolls for it on my end so. first save = pass.
Though you didn't change his opinion of you today, you get the feeling he warmed up to you a tun perhaps another chat tomorrow will get him higher on the friendly level. He mentioned he loves crab...

Renzuran:

As you move to enter the Cap-n's Chamber you notice its traped and get no further. However, the Cap-en's help Tarroon. Give a diplomacy and she may help you out a bit.

Sharice:

Both people don't change opinion of the group but, Jap did mention it was nice to talk to you again.

Servi:

Tibb's don't change opinion of the group but, didn't get pissed eather.

I'm starting to play with the idea of allowing the group an extra bonus to diplomacy for helping with the targets day job. However, for it to work your task must be completed without help. Then you can post a diplomacy target and I will post the results like normal. Thoughts?


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Alivia makes a mental note to not mess with Peppery at any point in time and will spread the word throughout the party about the scale of Peppery's magical ability.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

I'm in favor of the bonus idea.

GM:
Noticing Tarroon as he snoops about the Cap-n's Chamber, Renzuran tips his hat and flashes her his friendliest smile.

"Afternoon, miss. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a moment? I can't seem to get in here."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

After she consents to the challenge, Renzuran taps Sharice on the shoulder and whispers worriedly.

"Miss, I'm all for displays of bravado, but some of us aren't quite as sturdy as you are. There's a reason I usually carry a blade."


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Is the fight going to be right now, after evening chow?


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

I could definitely dig the diplomacy bonuses.

"Oh great. I can't remember the last time I was in a fist fight... I've never been in a fist fight!"

Servi tries desperately to look her bravest.

Servi turns and stares at Plugg and Scourge. "Seven against one hardly seems fair, wouldn't you agree?"

Servi, whispering to her side at Sharice and Renzuran, says "Yeah, and I'd think it'd be pertinent to say that I'm a lover, not a fighter!"


Yes the fight is now. it will be a 1 v 1 but, you all can bluff or intimidate roll to assist the chosen representative in the fight.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 to see if they're lying and plan either for retribution, to use magic, or some other skullduggery. And since she's as sensitive as a stone, she's going to go for broke.

She laughs in their faces and lowers her voice so only they and the party can hear, not the rest of the onlooking crew if possible,"We aren't chicken, but you are even more stupid than I can imagine for doing an imbecilic stunt like this. I bet your pet won't want to fight Sharice, because then he'd be beaten by a girl. And then we'd know he has no balls and he's a little wussie baby. Even if he wins, so what? He beat a girl, is he going to crow about that? Big bad meanie can barely beat up a girl. That'll do wonders for his reputation... and yours. Even better, we can have him fight the blind old man, that's even better."

She continues to hammer the point home,"The whole crew will be laughing at you and him for days after this - you'll undermine what little pathetic intimidation value you have. What're you going to do? Lash the entire crew, including the officers, for sniggering behind your back?"

Alivia smiles evilly, "And believe me, everytime I see him, I'm going to remind him of how big and brave he his. If he dares lay a hand on me, I'll twist off his balls and feed them to him after I make him wet himself like I did Jape."

"You win, you lose or you lose, and you lose even bigger. You can't come out of this ahead. I suggest you call off this idiotic game before you look like bigger buffoons than you already do or we put in the blind old man and even the captain will be laughing at you for the rest of your days, you'll never be promoted."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen looks away from Sourge and Plugg and tries to hold a smirk of satisfaction, appreciating Alivia's words. Well spoken, miss.


ok this map will be a bit confusing. The pics of me are "crew members" and the two others in the out side border are plugg's and scourge. The only two really fighting are Sharice and "Owlbear" Also please hang with me there will be a lot going on i'm sure lol. Sharice please give me init. EVERYONE perception or sense motive checks please. Each round you can make another perception or sense motive check if needed also, non combatants get bluff, intimidate, or diplomacy (2 rolls each round) on top of the two checks listed above. They may help the fight in random good ways or IF you want to risk getting whipped badly you can stealth/spell-cast. Punishment is harsh if spotted you have been warned.

Owlbear fight map link

Master Plugg's starts getting visibly mad. After a short bit a VERY cruel smile appears. "Well then Miss Alivia, your friend Sharice here will now be required to fight my "pet" and she'll be doing it with out the chance at the gold I originally offered." Master Plugg's announces to the crew that "Sharice has decided to fight for our entertainment!!! The crew creates a circle around the middle deck waiting to watch the fight. A chilly air starts to grow around the group as Sharice is shoved into the middle. This is also where day job lashings happen.


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Doreen stares at owlbear with fiery eyes and threatens him. "Guess you're in for the beating of a lifetime! Take a good look at that pretty face before she rips your eyeballs off, not such a bad last view, huh? Old Bellamy there can give you some tips on not having eyes later!", she taunts from across the deck pointing at Sharice and feigning a sadistic smile.

Intimidate to demoralize Owlbear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Question to DM, what does "Owlbear" look like? Something I could poke fun at?

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Renzuran debates whether or not he could cast lesser confusion on the owlbear to give Sharice an edge, but is unsure if he could get away with it without getting spotted. Still, he loops the cord of his holy symbol around his hand and palms the jolly roger, just in case.

"I don't know why Plugg seems so confident," he says loudly to no one in particular. "I've seen Sharice tear the head off a fully-grown reefclaw with her teeth, so this shouldn't be that much of a challenge."

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

"WOOO GO DOREEEN! I GOT 'CHER SPARE EYEPATCH RIGHT HERE FUZZBALL!" Bellamy shouts encouragingly.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice takes a moment to glare at Alivia. "You can stop trying to help now, thanks." she mutters before getting into the ring and shaking her shoulders once to loosen up.

She glares across the area at Owlbear and cracks her knuckles. "Okay, ugly. Let's dance."

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

I hate when a 28 has no effect - beware everyone - he has *tons* of hit dice and wisdom modifiers to avoid any deleterious effects of that.

Alivia scowls at the two as they go away, and she adds to Sharice, "Sorry about that Sharice, I owe you 100gp, and if you have any stuff in the quartermaster's I'll talk to Grok about trading mine to get it out. B*stards!"

Alivia will add her voice to the growing chorus of insults and intimidations being hurled at Owlbear, "I enjoyed the last eyeball you ripped out Sharice, it tasted great! Too bad this one is so much smaller than the last one. Make that two of this one's eyeballs to make up fo how puny he is. I wouldn't mind a side of balls if it's not too much trouble."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Not as high as the last one, but hopefully this one doesn't have 14HD or more


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

I hope all of you not in the fighting ring realize that 'owlbear' might very well be less of a nickname and more of a species description in this case...


Owlbear fight map link

Alivia, your Intimidate did effect Plugg's more so then you realize at the moment. He wasn't and couldn't back down from this though because the entire lower ranking crew was and is watching.

After this fight you all will be level 2.

Owlbear is a large man with big fists. His skin shows signs of tarring and feathering... like the crew thought it funny to make him look like his name suggests. Around his neck, arms, and legs are chains that held him below deck.

As Mr. Owlbear is brought up the group can hear him asking about reefclaw and how he likes them, "They be tasty" he says as he tears off the top of a crab with his teeth. This among other very random things he shouts out. Things that normally only a child would find funny... The crew seems to get just as much joy in him being brought up on deck as they will the fight. His movements on his left side don't seem normal almost as if he can't see well on the left side.

Sharice, you are given a bluff check or acrobatics check to avoid his blows each round for free. Also, unarmed strikes provoke AoO's for both of you. You won init so first action is yours.

init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

As Owlbear reaches the "ring" hes pushed in. cheered on by the crew Owlbear smiles and waves to some of the crew before, turning to Sharice, his fists raised ready to fight.

201 to 250 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM VALMOON'S SKULLS AND SHACKLES GAME PLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.