Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Valmoon's Skulls And Shackles

Game Master Valmoon


51 to 100 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Doreen sits down and unceremoniously gobbles up the fish soup, almost as if her lack of etiquette was calculated. Slurping down a spoon full of soup, she speaks to the whole table. "So, any of you ever worked in a pirate ship before, besides me, old Bellamy here, and, I suppose, the flashy lady?", she asks pointing her spoon in Alivia's direction, remembering Bellamy's connection to Alivia as old crew partners.

She looks at Sharice and winks. "Sorry about the poor attitude back at the tavern, missus. Guess we're all in the same boat now, huh?", she says with a half-smile."Name's Makgree, in case anyone's wondering."


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Exhausted after a day of hard work, Bellamy carefully tries the soup, then eats it all quickly. He is vaguely critical of it "needin' a certain somethin'", but gives it a general approval.

Sandara wrote:


"Hope that makes ya' feel a little better. That Scourge's a right piece of work, that one. You can't have too many friends on a ship like this, and you lot look like you could use another."

Bellamy nods his eyeless face in Sandara's direction.

"Thank 'ee kindly Miss Sandara; I'm right grateful I am. And so 'r me mates if they be a smart as I think."
"As fer Scourge, at least he's got the excuse o' bein' mad as a hatter."

He turns his eyepatched face, pretending like he's looking around, and lowers his voice.
"Did ye see that Plugg swabbie? When he keelhauled that mate, he did 'cause he LIKED it."


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Alivia looks up wearily from the fish soup in her hands as Sandara comes over and when she infuses them all with energy, Alivia visibly perks up, looking less wane. "Thank you very much Sandara, it's a pleasure to meet a friendly face on this floating nightmare, my name is Alivia. How long have you been on this ship? And were you 'recruited' like we were?"

She lowers her voice as well when Bellamy comments on Plugg, "Yes, he's a bad piece of work; such a small, pitiful man - I hope he doesn't have an accident."

Replying to Makgree, "My time spent on a pirate ship was very limited, Bellamy was right, the captain ran off before we made it very far."


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Remembering something the exhaustion seems to have chased from her mind, "You wouldn't happen to know where they put our valuables, would you? There is a necklace of mine that's been in the family for generations and has lots of sentimental value. I want to reacquire it before these pirates sell it somewhere."


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen nods in agreeance with Alivia. "Yeah, they've got some of my stuff too. Coming from a bunch of fellows who reward stealing from their 'brothers and sisters' with a one-way trip to the bottom of the sea, I'd expect to get them back at some point. What do we gotta do?", she asks Sandara.


Sandara seems pleased to meet all of you. As the group mentions the missing gear she nods and says, "I managed to get a small portion from Ol' Grok. It is the best I could do. She can be moody, but she can be convinced to hand over the goods. I got my precious symbol of Besmera back, by telling her it would be a curse to her if she kept it. Worked like a charm. Just so were clear but, I think it goes with out saying, killing a crew member gets you the same treatment as Poor Jakes."

gear returned so far:

Doreen = studded leather armor, longsword and shortsword
Embrianna = Studded Leather, Brass Knuckles, and wooden holy symbol
Lucia = 1 Masterwork Longspear (Overembellished with gaudy pyrite and glass gems, but surprisingly well-balanced and still made from fine steel)
Renzuran = Buckler, Studded Leather, Spell component pouch and, Holy symbol, wooden (Besmara)
Alivia = dagger
Sharice = Curve Blade, Elven, Leather
Servi = dagger

After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it and shacks her head. "Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

The rum aboard The Wormwood is potent. You have three options for how to deal with it.

Rum Rations:

1: Dispose: DC 10 Stealth Check. No bonus/penalty. Lashings on a failed check.
2: Sip/Make Grog: A pirate often waters the rum down with water, ale, or whatever other liquid might be handy/less potent. A pirate who nurses his rum, or dilutes it to make Grog makes a DC 10 Fortitude Save, or is fatigued. 8 hours rest removes this fatigue. This is a poison effect.
3: Drink Deeply: A true pirate drinks his rum. He makes a Fortitude save at DC 15 or takes 1d3-1 Con Damage. He also gains a 1d4 alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours (pass or failure). The next morning the PC must make a DC 10 will save or be fatigued until the PC can get 8 hours rest. This is a poison effect.

You can also attempt to take up to two additional ship actions during the middle watch in the dead of night (any nighttime ship action marked with an asterisk), but to do so the PC must make a successful Constitution check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued for the next day.

Nighttime Actions:

1: Sleep - Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover Fatigue or Exhaustion)
2: Gamble - Play or gamble on a pirate game of chance or entertainment (see spoiler)
3: Entertain - Make 1 Perform check to entertain the crew (see spoiler)
4: Influence* - Attempt to influence a single NPC.
5: Sneak* - Take time exploring one area of the ship. PC may Take 20 on Perception or any other skill check but the PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.
6: Steal* - Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Entertain Mechanics:

Make a Perform check to entertain the crew. This is generally sea shanties, songs, or something similar. If you hit DC 20, you gain a +2 bonus to all Cha-based checks made to interact with any listener in the crew (including as part of the Influence action) for the next 24-hours.
If your Perform check result is a 9 or lower, however, the next time you attempt to Entertain the crew, you must first make either a Bluff or Intimidate check DC 15 to get them to stop ignoring you, at which point you can then make a Perform check.

Gamble Mechanics:

You may play and/or gamble on the following entertainments. Minimum bet is 1gp (or an item of equivalent value).
Arm Wrestling - Not the typical contest, rather this is usually done on a barrel with broken glass, caltrops or some other dangerous hazard. It's an opposed Str check with the higher result winning and the loser taking 1d2+the opponent's Str modifier in damage.

Hog Lob - A game where contestants attempt to hurl a lead ingot covered in a greased up piglet skin the farthest. A bet is agreed on before starting. Contestants roll a d20 and add their CMB to this. The ingot counts as an Improvised weapon and suffers the appropriate -4 penalty to the roll. If you have the Throw Anything feat it negates this. Your final numerical result is the number of feet you threw it, with the winner being the one who threw it the farthest.

Heave - A potentially deadly game where you try to drink your opponents under the table. Bets are made beforehand. Each person swigs a half pint of rum. You then make a DC 15 Fort save or take increased damage from your rum rations. Each next swig increases the DC by +3. The game lasts until only 1 pirate is standing.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Whew. Was a busy night and a very good day's sleep. Gonna try to catch up as best I can now.

Doreen Makgree wrote:
Doreen sits down and unceremoniously gobbles up the fish soup, almost as if her lack of etiquette was calculated. Slurping down a spoon full of soup, she speaks to the whole table. "So, any of you ever worked in a pirate ship before, besides me, old Bellamy here, and, I suppose, the flashy lady?"

Lucia winces and shakes her head. "I have...done some work on a ship, but it was in port the whole time. But there are some surprising similarities to my usual job already, right down to the jealous diva thinking they're running the show." She pauses, then gulps. [b]"The 'backstabs' seem to be uncomfortably literal, that's new."

"No-Eyes" Bellamy wrote:
"Did ye see that Plugg swabbie? When he keelhauled that mate, he did 'cause he LIKED it."

"I'm afraid I didn't pick up on that" Lucia admits again.

GM Valmoon wrote:
Sandara seems pleased to meet all of you. As the group mentions the missing gear she nods and says, "I managed to get a small portion from Ol' Grok. It is the best I could do. She can be moody, but she can be convinced to hand over the goods. I got my precious symbol of Besmera back, by telling her it would be a curse to her if she kept it. Worked like a charm. Just so were clear but, I think it goes with out saying, killing a crew member gets you the same treatment as Poor Jakes."

At this, Lucia gets thoughtful. "I can think of two ways around that, but it's going to take awhile for either. Don't get caught, or be popular enough that with little enough evidence the ship's officers don't dare accuse you. Both will take time to set up, and I think it would be best to focus on the latter.

Quote:
After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it and shacks her head. [b]"Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

Lucia takes a sniff of the stuff. "...let's take this slowly, shall we?" Lucia takes her rum and goes off to a corner, and begins to set up to sing the few sea chanties in her repertoire.

Going to sip it in between sets, and so...
[ooc]Fortitude (for grog):
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sorry, got really distracted over the weekend...

Sharice nods at Lucia. "Besides, whatever we decide to do about this, we'll have a much better chance of success if at least the worthwhile members of the crew are behind us. If this is Harrigan's usual way of 'recruiting', I bet we're not the only ones unhappy with the current state of affairs..."

She turns to look at Sandara. "That reminds me... How does he manage to prevent half his crew from jumping ship whenever he makes port?"

Her eyes light up like a young child opening her naming day gifts when she sees her sword, and she quickly tests its edges before restoring it to its sheath. "THANK you. I know, I know, not allowed to use it on any of the crew, that little sadist's demonstration was perfectly clear. But this makes me feel a great deal better about things already... At least if something goes terribly wrong and we get killed, I'll be able to take some of them with us."

The rum gets a disdainful sniff. "Eeugh. Rotgut. Take it easy, or drink a lot of water with it or you'll be cursing your ancestors in the morning..." She matches her words with her actions, taking deep swills of water with every sip of rum.

Doing the Grog thing. Fort save DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

GM:
Nighttime action: Sharice goes to sleep early, with the intent to get up in the dead of night to attempt an Influence on whoever has the night watch. If that's acceptable, I'll write up a pose for that tomorrow.


Sharice:
Yea something like that is ok.

Lucia Rhitu:
you are now fatigued from the grog


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Alivia takes her dagger from Sandara, "Thank you very much for this, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. And I agree with Sharice, how does he keep his crew from deserting at every port? Or is that why he has to keep kidnapping more?"

She begins to sip her rum as slowly as possible and mix it with whatever water they have.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Is it possible to become double fatigued? Either way, I'm calling it an early night to sleep it off completely, the last thing I need is a never ending spiral downwards.


Alivia:

Exhausted: An exhausted character moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. After 1 hour of complete rest, an exhausted character becomes fatigued. A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue.

That ^

Sandara looks hesitant to reply for a moment,"Well, being close to and once part of Cheliax means once you have been involved in a pirates raid your punishment is death - even for refusing to help. So to die by them or Cheliax, there really isn't a choice but, with these people at lest you have a chance to escape eventually."

Sorry I missed that the first time and thank you for re pointing it out


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Sorry, the weekend has been helluva hectic. If you don't mind, I'll only say one piece to Sandara before she leaves.

At the sight of the people swarming around the Captain's Quarters, Servi hastily about faces and heads off in a different direction. Wandering about, she wanders around belowdecks and ends up in the Cargo Hold, where out of the corner of her eye she spots a large glass receptacle filled with seawater.

"What's this then?" She walks closer the the tank, but has to suppress a gasp upon seeing Perro swimming about angrily in its depths.

"No, no, oh no! Perro," she says, straining to keep her voice quiet, "No, how did they get you too? What have they done with you? What are they going to do to you?!"

Upon her approach, Perro notices her and swims up to the glass, placing one its tentacles against the tank. Servi matches its placement with her hand. "I promise... I swear, I won't let them hurt you. I'll find a way to get you out."

Later, Servi watches the keel-hauling with a mixture of shock and surpriese and at the meal listens to Sandara with a grateful yet concerned visage. Servi pockets the dagger. "I've seen almost all of these fellows walking around with at the least a dagger at their fingertips. At least one more wont get noticed."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 14

During the meal, Servi asks Sandara directly with an audible tinge of anxiety in her voice. "Speaking of... possessions and stealing. Did you manage to notice that strange octopus in the holds? How they capture such a... creature. What do they plan on doing with it?! Don't tell me they... they plan on making a stew out of it or something?!"

Servi glances at the rotgut disgustedly. Urgh! At least on my previous ships they didn't force me to drink this filth.

Servi heavily waters down the grog and takes it in sips, little by little. Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 6


no problem
Sandara laughs," O no Not always but, sometimes. I'm sure if Kroop is convinced nothing bad will come to pass on the creature. You may find quite a few animals on this ship like that."

Servi:

you have become fatigued.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Okay, on that note Lucia will realize she's probably too inebrieated to try much and will sleep. Luckily, Fatigued doesn't affect Performance rolls, so I still made the 20 for the bonus to influence tomorrow


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3
GM Valmoon wrote:
After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it and shacks her head. "Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

"Take care. And much obliged for getting these back to me."

After taking the time to re-equip his missing gear, the half-elf turns back to his rations and frowns.

Rum again. Always rum.

Renzuran steels himself and tightens his grip on the mug.

A true pirate drinks his rum. It is an oblation to the Pirate Queen. Who cares if he hates it. Who cares if he's been shanghaied on a hostile boat amidst a crew of strangers with no idea where he's headed. This was the will of his goddess. It was the legacy of his father.

Sharice wrote:
The rum gets a disdainful sniff. "Eeugh. Rotgut. Take it easy, or drink a lot of water with it or you'll be cursing your ancestors in the morning..." She matches her words with her actions, taking deep swills of water with every sip of rum.

"I already do that, my dear. Every day of my life."

He hoists up his mug before the others.

"To Besmara! May she grant her favor to the bold and the foolish, because goddess knows we need it."

Down the hatch!

Drinking deep in one go. Fort save DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

As Sandara leaves, Bellamy looks around.
"Wait a minute lassie, didn't ye get me anythin'? Lassie? Hello? She's gone already ain't she? Well blow me down."
He is sad for a minute, then perks up.
"Well, at least we knows it c'n be done at all. Just got to work a little harder is all. Now let me think..."

Absently he waters down his rum.
Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 = Fatigued

He listens to Lucia sing her sea shanties (and do really well), and gets an idea.
After she's done, Bellamy gets up and raises his mug.
"Let's raise a mug to Lucia! A fine job ye done!"
He drinks deeply.
"Now, I know we be landsmen fresh off the pier, but one or two of us has sailed before, under a Captain name of Aethos Pindares. Mebbe ye heard o' him? No? Well, let me tell ye a little about 'im..."

Where'er Sailors gather, the legend is told
Of a sea captin cunning, and his exploits so bold
That while in the pub, givin' his lager a sip,
Oft he'd boast of his sea-farin' deeds and would quip:
"Cap'tn Aethos Pindares, never yet lost a ship!"

"Fer I never gits shipwrecked
"An I ne'er gets crossed
"I never gits capsized
"an I never get lost
"Ne'er do I founder in the midst of a storm
"But I always stay ship shape, safe, dry and warm."

Once a blood-thirsty pirate was plundering the main,
so the King calls for a hero to get rid of the bane:
"Captain Pindares, long have I heard of yer fame,
"Now take to yer ship, and go scuttle the swain."

"Aye aye King!"the mighty Captain replies,
and he loads up his ship with beer and supplies,
Orders the men to set a course for pursuit:
"We'll set a sharp course, to way-lay the brute!"
Then retires below to dream of his loot.

"For I never get shipwrecked
"and I never get tossed.
"I never get capsized,
"and I never get lost.
"And I never yet foundered though the waves stay so high,
"But always stay Ship-shape, safe, warm and dry"

Three days now gone by, and still no pirate showin'
so he calls to the Cabin Boy, "How is she blowin?"
"Fair wind, Sir" he answers, "Six knots from the east"
"Dam yer eyes, boy!" yells Aethos, "Its a hurricane at least!"
"This weather's not fit fer man, or fer beast;
"The way the ships yawning and rockin' about,
"We're in danger of sinking, without a doubt!"
So he orders the men, "Throw the sheet anchor out!"

Then he calls to the bosun,
"How fierce is the gale?"
"Not wind enough Captain, to ruffle a sail"
But brave Aethos answers, leaning hard 'oer the rail:
"I can feel the ship listing, have all hands start to bail!
"I'll just stay in my cabin, please send down more ale"

"I never gits shipwrecked
"An I ne'er gets lost
"I never gits capsized
"an I never get tossed
"I'm brave as a flounder, in the midst of a storm
"And I always stay ship shape, safe, dry and warm."

In the midst of a tempest, hours feel likes days,
"What the hell?" shrieks brave Aethos, "I thought I felt the ship sway!"
"But Captin Pindares" the ship's carpenter says:
"The sea's calm and mild, 'neath the sun's gentle rays"
Aethos scowls: "This hurricane'll smash all our riggin' and stays,
"Have the men cut the fore mast and main mast away!"

Then he yells with a bound, "All hands on decks!
The spritsail, and life boats is over board next.
"Abandon ship men, and may the good Lord help ye float,
"Tis my duty as Captain to go down with the boat."
"Don't worry" the First mate sez: "Ye ain't gonna drown"
"We ain't even left port, and the anchor's still down!"

So the legend is told, where'r salts heed the call,
Of Aethos Pindares, the bravest Captain of all,
Who never got wet, no matter the squall,
And when tars gets to drinkin', and the night gets too long
they tell the story of Aethos, and sing his song

Oh he never got shipwrecked,
and he never got tossed,
He never got capsized,
and never got lost.
'Cuz he never did sail through wind or storm,
But stayed on dry land, where it is safe, dry and warm!

Perform (Comedy): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 to try to get the whole crew laughing along with him.

OOC, note that Alivia and Doreen know that the real guy never did any of that.

After his single nighttime action, he will hit the hammock and sleep.


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Doreen takes her rum ration to the deck, where she hears Lucia's chants with admiration and Bellamy's tale with a smile on her lips. She chugs the rum in like a true pirate, inspired by the old man's words. The alcohol hits her hard and fast, and she immediately feels more at ease about their predicament. She stands up and starts dancing and acting like a buffoon following the passages of Bellamy's verses, having a good time with the other buccaneers. After sharing some laughs with the crew, she retires to her hammock and falls into a deep slumber, waking up fresh and anew on the next morning.

Rolls:

For Save after rum ration: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Con damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Alchemical bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Night time action - Perform (comedy): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Will save to avoid being fatigued the next morning: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Servi sighs as he receives the explanation from Sandara.

"Kroop again?, as if I didn't already have to spend enough time wallowing next to that filthy drunken sod."

She feels as if she's about to vomit from the grog's taste alone, but as she gets up she sways a bit and has to grasp the bench from slipping.

"I'm never going to get used to this." Steadying herself, Servi slips away from the rest of the group and heads over to where Kroop is sitting.

"I am not going to relish this."

Servi sidles next to Kroop where his sits, getting far to close for her comfort. She has to try and breath through her mouth.

"Hello handsome, I have to say, watching you... cook, it was, well, enticing. Were you a master chef, perhaps, a king's personal cook? In all my years of dining, I have never had anything so, erm, flavorful... delicious."

Servi reaches behind Kroop and grabs a leftover morsel of fish soup and spoons a piece. "Pray, what other kinds of dishes do you prepare? Fishes? I am sure you've prepared many a meal of such, perhaps octopuses? Oh, I dare say, I loath octopus, slimey cretins they are, and dangerous to boot, especially the ones with blue rings. Poisonous they are."

Bluff if I need it: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Kroop:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Kroop smiles at the kind words and laughs lightly before replying,"Miss Servi was it? I use to cook far better dishes in my day but, thank you for your kind words." He's eyes roll as you tell him its a poisonous octopus. He moves to speak and then for a moment stops and winks. "Aye very poisonous indeed. Best kept in the fish tank undisturbed as to prevent the crew from harming it or it harming the crew yes? Now I best be off or Grok will not be happy. As she may think I left'er to drink alone. See you in the morning Miss Servi."

Kroop is helpful to you and the group.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Bolstered by the alcohol flowing through his veins, Renzuran wanders aimlessly around the ship for a bit. He eventually hangs back near the gamblers for a while but refraining from participating, electing to merely watch instead. As his eyes begin to feel heavy, he yawns and head back to his bunk to sleep til morning.

Perception check in case there was anything interesting of note to see while wandering 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Will save at DC 10 to sleep off the effects of the rum 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice went to bed early, and wakes up in the middle of the night to head out on the deck. She gives the guard on Middle Watch duty a smile and shows her empty hands as she walks casually toward the railing.

"Couldn't sleep," she offers as the only explanation before she leans on the railing to look out over the sea, eyes closed a moment as she smells the breeze and lets it calm her. "I admit... I missed this. Deck beneath my feet, stars above me, salt in the air..." She breathes deeply and sighs before turning to look at the guard again, offering another small - but sincere - smile. "I can't honestly say I'm happy about the way I ended up on board, but... It feels good to be out to sea again, regardless."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

She blinks once, as if shaking herself out of her reverie and remembering she's not alone. "I'm Sharice, by the way."


Jak Scrimshaw was shocked at first to see someone on deck so he had his dagger at the ready. He watched as Sharice leans on the railing trying to see what her "game" might be. It was only then that her words slowly reached him. He tilted his head for a moment trying to figure out if she was talking to him or at him. So he remained silent just listening to her speak. He smiled gently and smiled a bit the dagger lowering to his side.
He stepped up beside her and nodded, "Names Jak welcome to the ship." After a moment of thought he continues, "Miss Sharice I'd be careful looks like there may be a storm coming and not THAT kind of storm."


The rest of the night is a peaceful one no problems or interruptions. Several pirates hanging around the crew area talking as the sound of the bells signal the start of the day. Several rush up stairs Sandara bids you all a good morning and asks, "may I walk you you all today?" As she starts to head up the stairs another member of the crew Jape, pushes her back down and is joined by four of his friends.

The Jape smiles and asks[b] ,"going some were?" None of the five have weapons but, there fists are at the ready as if to strike when next approached and a handful of other crew members are loitering in the area watching how things turn out.

These five are Jape, Lonegan, Chumlett, Aretta Bansion and, Maheem. we'll do group actions to let combat flow easier I'll post results of the round in my post.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Do you want Init rolls and statements of actions?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

"We were planning to get topside," Renzuran responds to Jape coldly, "but first I think you owe the lady an apology."

Intimidate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Looking at the hostile crewmen he can already tell that this might not end peacefully. Having already taken the time to pray for spells this morning, he wonders if he has enough time to cast lesser confusion on Jape, and wonders again if it's worth it to waste the spell on him in the first place.

In case it's needed: Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Going to wait and see what the others decide to do or say first, particularly Sharice (as she's the most melee capable), then I'll post my actions.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Alivia sees the situation and warns her compatriots, "I highly suggest we not draw a single weapon - we don't want to end up being keelhauled."

She smiles an evil smile, chuckles with menace at the ruffians baring the way, and says, "Thankfully, my weapons leave no marks. I wonder what the rules state about spells that do no damage to your body, but make your mind scream out in utter pain? I bet I won't have any issue with punishment and it'll be fun watching you writhe in agony. The captain may even want me to do it again so he can join in watching the fun."

She begins to chant and cast a spell.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Color Spray: DC 14 Will

She'll Intimidate first, I doubt any of them have Spellcraft and can figure out what the spell actually is - it may even give me a bonus, they can't know the extent of what I can do. If they don't leave, she'll follow up with the Color Spray. Since this appears to be a small hallway, I should be able to get them all in the cone. She has no problem with acting immediately and first as soon as they've pushed Sandara - she won't wait for more chit-chat.


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Come the morning bell, Bellamy rolls out of his hammock with a familiar ease, then quickly dresses for the morning watch.
He greets Sandara with a gap toothed smile.
"Hey sailor girl! O' course y' c'n come up with us! Don't suppos y' know where we're bound fer do ye?"

When she is shoved back down the ladder, he is there to help catch her with a grunt of effort.
"Know these swabs?"


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia pauses and waits for the effects of Alivia's spell. Then, almost as if she's not sure of what she's doing herself, she begins to sing a low, wordless tune at one of the sailors who remains standing.

Casting of Daze after the Color Spray if any are left standing. Will Save DC 15.


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

"Damnit! If only I could have gotten to Perro this morning!"

No familiar to consort with = no spells per now.

Servi catches the bunch with a dead stare. "Oh come now, really. Eight of us, five of you. Count 'em boys. I don't believe I'll ever understand what silly little game you're playing, but don't get ahead of yourselves, you're outmatched."

Servi hangs back from the fold, in case one of the stooges tries to get a jump on her. After Lucia casts Daze, and if any are still left standing after all that, Servi whispers an almost inaudible stream of song-like incoherencies that sound almost strangely like a lullaby, directed at one of the mooks still left standing. Using Slumber Hex. It acts like a sleep spell with DC15 will save to nullify.

Not sure if it's needed, but - Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Renzuran will at least give Jape a chance to apologize to Sandara, but as long as someone else attacks first, he will go ahead and cast lesser confusion on Jape; DC 14 Will negates.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice glares at the "Jape", clenching her hands into fists as she breathes slowly and deliberately to keep the red haze of rage from overtaking her vision.

Control. These are just another bunch of bullies and thugs. You've endured the like before, and you're still here and they're not. Use the rage, don't let it use you...

Another breath, and she opens her eyes again to meet the "Jape"'s sneer with a glare of her own. "I hope for your sake you didn't hurt Sandara much, because if you don't get out of our way you're going to need her help in a minute."

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

GM:
If they start a fight regardless -- and Sharice will hold off attacking until one of them starts throwing the first punch -- Sharice will use a free action to go into Controlled Rage, splitting the +4 bonus into +2 dex +2 strength, then move forward to where she is adjacent to (but not flanked by) at least two of the bullies to take full advantage of her talent for crowd control, then do her best to remove some of Jape's remaining teeth from his face.


rolls:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
1d4 ⇒ 1
AoO 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The moment Alivia trys to cast a spell Miss. Bansion swings. Her swing however doesn't connect as the display of colored lights puts all but Jape down. A few seconds after Alivia, Lucia hits Jape again with another spell. As Jape looks around in his dazed state the outcome is clear and If it wasn't the groups words of intimidation do. Not sure what Alivia did Jape backs into the corner and looks scared. Standing up Sandara looks at the "puddle" of sleeping bodys. Stepping over one she checks to make sure there just asleep. "Look's like Scourge really doesn't like you lot. We had best be on our guard from know on... We had best be on our way up. I'm sure they were put up to this to make you all late but, we have no proof yet." With that Sandara heads on up to were scourge is waiting.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia stops singing just as soon as Jape breaks, blinking. "....yeah. Let's get up there fast." She quickly ascends the stairs, looking back at the man. ...how did I do that?


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

A little behind the group and already late, Doreen is surprised to see all of them gathered around a bunch of sleeping men. She pauses for a moment and asks "What the heck went on here?", and then rushes to the deck with the others, finishing to strap her corset and checking if her swords are fastened to her clothes.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice nods at Sandra. "We'll need to be careful about who we talk to and how much we let on," she murmurs softly enough that Jape won't be able to overhear. "One excuse will likely be all he needs."

She looks up as Doreen approaches. "Oh, nothing important," she replies out loud, smirking as she turns to head upstairs, 'accidentally' kicking one of the unconscious thugs between the ribs. "Jape over there wanted to discuss the pecking order aboard this ship and our place in it in particular, but it was a short conversation..."

She smiles at 'Jape'. Unlike the one she gave Scrimshaw, this is not a nice smile -- it's a promise of violence, mayhem and suffering if the recipient is going to be stupid enough to thwart the smile's owner. "I think we agreed to disagree and leave well enough alone for now -- didn't we, Jape?"

Another intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

GM:
Sharice is essentially dismissing Jape as a potential ally; she loathes bullies in general and he's showing himself a coward to boot, as well as Scourge's flunky. And as Machiavelli would say, if she can't make him like her, she'll settle for making sure he's more terrified of crossing her than he is of Scourge...


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Seeing the the fight over before he can even begin casting, the priest lets go of his holy symbol and moves to back up Sharice, crossing his arms and looking down at Jape. He sincerely doubts she needs the help, but intimidation tends to work better when you have back up.

When that's finished, he'll head up the stairs with the others.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Alivia hurries up the stairs onto deck, when she sees Scourge she says loud enough for as many people to hear as she can get away with, even better if she has to call out a bit to him, "Master Scourge, I hate to bother you, but a couple of scallywags down below were bad mouthing you and saying the most dreadful things about your mother's ancestry. I hope it wasn't presumptuous of me to tell them to lay off and I kinda put the fear of you finding out into them for being disrespectful to you like that. I'm afraid I overdid it a bit, Jape is down there quaking in his boots and probably wetting himself as we speak, and his conspirators were so scared of you finding out that they fainted like little girls. It's just not right them being disrespectful to you like that."

Bluff:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Basically, trying to sow a little doubt into Scourge's mind about what happened below and cover the party's bum over any punishment Scourge could concoct. Who knows he may even believe my patter enough to think I'm on his side. Also, any others that can hear can start rumors how this little slip of a girl scared a bunch of grizzled pirates into unconsciousness. I added a bit of a dig towards their manhood to diminish them in the crew's minds as much as possible (in addition to being beat by a girl) to cause them ongoing harassment.

Party, I didn't want to include you in my little gambit, first, because it's risky and I didn't want to include/speak for any of you who didn't want the extra heat. Also, saying it this way, takes the responsibility from the rest of you and puts it on me in case Scourge comes up with a punishment for 'scaring pirates'. No use in the lot of us having repercussions.


Day 2
That is fine Sharice. Alivia and everyone top side give me a sense motive check on Scourge.

Mr. Scourge turns to the group and almost looks surprised before his face grows dark and he walks over to assign each person a task.

Renzuran rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 3 is yours to do today
Alivia swab task 1d6 ⇒ 6 is yours to do today
No-Eyes swab task 1d6 ⇒ 5 is yours to do today
Embrianna rigger task 1d6 ⇒ 3 is yours to do today
Lucia and Servi cook task 1d6 ⇒ 2 is both of yours to do today (you both need to make the checks/check)
Doreen Makgree swab task 1d6 ⇒ 4 is yours to do today
Sharice swab task 1d6 ⇒ 4 is yours to do today
1d100 + 10 ⇒ (66) + 10 = 76 If lower the 75% Kroop is drunk.

"We have high expectations of you lot! So you had better not slack off!", Plugg's yells to you all as he continues his work.

Lucia and Servi:

wow you two are lucky and your luck will only grow.
cooking: Assisting kroop in preparing the days meal.
requirements:
If he's sober no check is required
If he's drunk a DC 10 profession(cook) or intelligence check

Renzuran:

Upper Rigging: Work in the upper rigging.
requirements:
DC 10 Climb Check(to 50ft)
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Embrianna:

Upper Rigging: Work in the upper rigging.
requirements:
DC 10 Climb Check(to 50ft)
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Alivia:

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Dexterity check

No-Eyes:

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship.
requirements:
DC 10 Acrobatics check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.
A character with the Run feat or a Landspeed of 40 feet or more automatically succeeds.

Doreen Makgree:

Hauling and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.

Sharice:

Hauling and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another.
requirements:
DC 10 Profession(Sailor) or Strength check
DC 10 Constitution or Fatigued Check.

some of you are working "together" this time but, each of you still needs to roll. Also, everyone please give me a perception roll thanks.


Female Human (Taldan) Gunslinger (buccaneer) 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+4 R+4 W+0 / AC 16.13.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Doreen rejoices once more for not having to scrub the deck. Dodged another bullet! She doesn't fully understand what happened in the lower deck, but she takes a hint based on the evident anger coming from the rest of the group, specially Alivia and Sharice. She notices Scourge assigns Sharice to perform the same duty as her, and goes to talk to her.

"Hey, missus. Looks like we could work together today, if you're up for it. Sorry, but I didn't catch your name the other day."

She picks up a large coil of rope and throws it over her shoulder, around her right arm. As she starts walking, she looks at Sharice and invites her yet again. "Let's?"

Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human Oracle L2/Bard (Seasinger) L1 - | AC 17 (T12FF15) | HP 24/24 | Saves: F2R4W5 | Init: +2 | Per: +4 | Status: Normal

Working as a Runner again, Bellamy works dilligently to do a good job.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 4 = 19
He does a great job!
Con check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
But he's windblown at the end of the working day.
Sense Motive on Scourge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Note: perception limited to 30 ft.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

"Sharice," Sharice replies to the human woman helping her as they lift the first coil of rope. "You were... Doreen, right? I remember you from the bar..." A quick glance around to check if anyone potentially hostile is in earshot, then she leans in to speak quietly.

"Watch your back. Scourge probably sicced those thugs on us to put us in our place. He's bound to try something else now that it failed..."

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Fatigue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sharice has little trouble with the knots, but as the day progresses her nocturnal excursion and the weight of the ropes starts to take its toll on aching muscles...


Male Half-Elf Cleric 2 / Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 14 / HP 18 of 21 / Init +3 / Perc +3

Sense Motive for Scourge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damn
Dexterity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Try as he might, the half-elf is unable to climb up the 50 feet necessary to reach the upper rigging. He attempts the climb over and over again, but he just can't seem to make any headway. Still he doesn't give up, if only to preserve his reputation and avoid Scourge's ire

GM:
I only get one shot at this, right?


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Dexterity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 (-4 if a slavery supporter)

Alivia works diligently, actually doing well at her task, but completely misses any dirty looks from Scourge or his cronies. She'll chit chat with anyone who is working near her, trying to get to know them, find out how they're faring on the ship, who the others on the ship are, etc. She'll avoid talking with any of Scourge's cronies if she's near them. If the woman with the instrument from the first day who was lashed is near her, she'll talk to her.


Female Changelling 2 / Witch (Dreamweaver) 2/ AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 / hp 6/11 / Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +4 / Perception + 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Servi takes care not to get in Kroop's way and lets him handle the most difficult portions of the cooking task.

After a few hours of this, Servi turns to Lucia when Kroop is out to take a break of air. "Uh, yes, Lucia, could you watch the place for just... a few minutes. I need to, um, I forgot something... just... I'll be back in a minute, alright?"

Afterwards, Servi makes her way down to the Cargo hold and ventures to the tank where her familiar is being held.

It's just occured to me that, while I found "Perro" down here, I never actually made a check for the area.

"Hey there Perro. Look, I know it must be terrible in there, but I've made sure nobody's going to come and hurt you. If anything happened... I don't know what I'd do. But, I will not try and deceive you. The situation hasn't changed. I need to find a way to get you off the ship without inspiring the ire of several hardened, skillful and incredibly smelly Pirates. Until then, you'll have to stay here... Don't give me that look. We've got no choice, unless you want to end up as fish bait or an ornament on the captain's wall."

Perception for Cargo Hold: 1d20 ⇒ 12

I don't know if this would be permitted. The minimum required time to prepare spells is 15 minutes and I don't know if that surpasses my allotted time for a free perception check. If she can, Servi will press her face closely to the glass, feeling the subtle shifting of the boat beneath her feet and communing with her familiar and it's place in the tiny undulations inside the tank. She prepares Charm Person.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

"Uhm, sure Servi." Lucia seems a little dubious about this, but decides to let it go until the other woman gets back. By the time she does, most of the prep-work for the evening meal's been done, and it's just going to be a matter of dealing with ingredients at the proper times until the crew meal needs to be started. "I think I need some fresh air, if you guys don't mind." With that, she heads up on deck to see if there's anybody else to chat with for a bit.

Going to try the Influence action, but I don't know who's who yet, so...


You all hear the loud ringing come from the main deck of the ship signifying it's time for bloody hour. Everyone gathers around on the main deck. There is a nervous, anxious energy that spreads over the crew. Finally, Scourge emerges from below deck leading only Rosie to the whipping mast.

"It is the BLOODY HOUR!" Scourge screams loudly, his face beaming with delight. Again, Plugg steps forward and yells ,"Rosie is being punished for insubordination." This time She just mutters, "If you would just give me my violin, I wouldn't be insubordinate." and, remains silent during the punishment.

lashings:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d3 ⇒ 3 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d3 ⇒ 1 nonlethal

As soon as the whipping is finished, Scourge looks over at Renzuran clearly pissed but, says nothing. Plugg says, "That is all! Were is the food!"

At that, Lucia, Servi, Kroop and Grok bring up the evening meal - again a fish soup but, this time the soups for everyone.

The eight of you naturally end up sitting next to one another again but, this time Sandara and Rosie have joined you at he table. However, unlike last time Sandara doesn't heal anyone but, Rosie. Only stating "Rosie really needs the healing the most. Perhaps if Rosie had her violin Sandara could do more."

I don't know if I explained that there are several things you can do to help yourselves out, Daytime Actions for one (in the campaign tab) and on top of it friendly npc's can and will help with day job checks. Ps Renzuran for next time a climbing job comes up do the climb checks as if it was a normal climb. Don't be concerned about fall damage I will take care of that during the bloody hour posts. Also, placing Embrianna in the safety "cube" as I'm not sure where she went.

@Lucia diplomacy to gather crew info would work.
@Servi charm person is now at the ready. I forgot your spells are based off your pet. There are several pets on the ship that you can use as a temporary pet if you win them over. You'll have to find them though.

feel free to act out supper.


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

GM:
I'm actually aware of the daytime actions, and I was going to try an influence, but I thought first I needed someone TO influence and we never did get that list. Should I just go ahead, name someone, and make a Diplomacy roll in the interests of keeping the thread moving?


Lucia Rhitu:
yes, just roll diplomacy twice. Once to find out who's on the ship and the second to actually try to get there friendship.

Just so you all know the campaign tab has all the info you should need for know. The only thing that I know is missing is the full layout of the ship in picture form. Otherwise its there. the npc's are a link to the list in a Google doc so I can edit them freely. All of my battle maps will be in Google docs. I'll try to make it more clear from know on.


Female Half-Elf Witch (Sea) 1 / Sorcerer (Water) 1 - (AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | HP: 10/10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +5 | Init: +3 | Per: +5 [Low-Light Vision])

Ahh, I didn't know the NPC list was in google docs, that'll help, thank you. That's why I just did a Diplomacy check and said, "whoever's near or the woman with the musical instrument", I thought that's how you'd tell us who people were. Okay, on with the interacting... :)

As Sandara and Rosie sit in with us, Alivia asks Rosie, "You must really love that violin. I take it that Grok, the quartermaster, has it?"

She turns to Sandara to ask, "And Grok's the one who has the rest of our things?"

I'm assuming the answer to both is 'yes'.

Alivia looks over and studies Grok from afar, getting the measure of the quartermaster, then says, "I think it's time to become the quartermaster's new best friend."

During the evenings revelries, Alivia is going to take advantage of the fact that she's not exhausted and try to get to know the quartermaster a bit more.

Is Grok a male or female? Sounds male, but I couldn't find a pronoun in your posts. If male, she'll go slightly flirty (not overboard by any means, just mildly more than friendly, too much flirting and he'll suspect something), if female, she'll ask 'how can a woman get ahead on a ship like this, you made it to be an officer, what did you do?'

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 (-4 if a slavery supporter)


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

GM:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Diplomacy (Influence): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

51 to 100 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM VALMOON'S SKULLS AND SHACKLES GAME PLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.