Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Tyranius Lyrics of Extinction (Subtier 7-8)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Wolf HP: 51/51 | AC:19 | T:11 | FF:17 |CMB:+12 | CMD:24 | Fort:+9 | Ref:+7 | Will:+3 (+7 vs. enchantment) | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 |

Leryn snaps his jaws at the beetle thanks to his great reach...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 -> Damage roll: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 6) + 10 = 18 If he suceeds Leryn will get a free trip attempt against the beetle...

Trip: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

A large wolf does not have reach typically...

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

+9/1d10+9 Power Attack with Dwarven Double Waraxe [1d10; crit x3; dmg: S] (+5[BAB] +2[str] +1[wpn foc] +1[enh] -2[pwa] +2[bull's strength]/1d10 +2d6[vicious] +2[str] +4[pwa] +1[enh] +2[bull's strength])

To Hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + (6, 2) + 9 = 20

Iterative To Hit: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 5 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + (5, 4) + 9 = 24

Warpac makes a whole lot of noise but doesn't hit squat.

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

Ru delays, seeing the beetle surrounded and not wanted to waste yet another bomb.

Grand Lodge

Female LG Human Cleric 7 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +13 | Init: -1 | Perc: +12, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | CPE: 3/4 | Spells: 1st 6+1/6+1, 2nd 4+1/4+1, 3rd 3+1/3+1, 4th 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.

Kyra ignores her bleeding wound and again slashes at the giant beetle. The speed of the beetle surprises her so Kyra only lands a glancing blow.

Scimitar +1 18-20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dark Archive

Adowyn lands a single arrow into the beetle's chitinous shell as it gives a sharp popping sound.

Kyra's scimitar hack's off the tip of one of the mandibles as a green liquid pours out onto the ground.

Narika sends another ray of fire into the soft underbelly of the beetle where it screeches with a high pitched sound emitting from its small mouth.

With Warpac backed into a corner he can't seem to find enough ground against the beetle to manage a single blow.

Using his effective longhammer once again Sickly manages to crack the shell wide open as the final beetle falls.

the basement now stands extremely dark and devoid of insects, well devoid of large hungry insects.

Status:

Adowyn (Leryn- 51/51; Howler cursed -2 Wis DC 12 Will 1/hour)
Kyra (28/49)
Narika
Warpac
Sickly (-1 Wis)
Ruprecht (37/59)


Female Human Hunter of Erastil 7 HP: 52/52 | AC:19 (22) | T:16 (17) | FF:14 (17) |CMB:+5| CMD:21 | Fort:+9 | Ref:+12 | Will:+7 | Init:+5 | Perc:+13 | Animal Focus: 7/7 min day

Let's get down there!" says Adowyn climbing down to the chamber below.

Adowyn has darkvision at the moment

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

Sickly breath comes out in loud wheezes as he takes a moment to calm himself after the last beetle falls.

He then looks unhappily at the insect ichor on the end of his hammer, careful not to get any on himself.

"Where did all the bodies come from?" He mutters, quietly.

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

"Anyone have any healing handy? Those insects pack quite a punch," Ru grumbles as he rubs his large bite mark.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

Warpac uses a pearl of power to regain a shield of faith spell and taps Ruprect with a wand of CLW.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

Save your wand, War. I have one but was hoping for a cleric spell to save a charge or two. Thanks, though.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Sorcerer 7(elemental:water)HP 33/33 AC20(f14 t18) save F+7 R+10 W+7 (+2 vs fear) init +10 perc +1

How does the climb look? Are there handholds or anything helpful around? If not, does anyone have a rope?

"I'm not very good at climbing," admits the little sorceress. "Do any of you see an easy path down, or have a rope?"

Grand Lodge

Female LG Human Cleric 7 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +13 | Init: -1 | Perc: +12, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | CPE: 3/4 | Spells: 1st 6+1/6+1, 2nd 4+1/4+1, 3rd 3+1/3+1, 4th 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.

I have a full wand so I will have been using that all game. Restore any out of combat healing you've used and let me know how many charges I've used.

"May your path always be lit," prays Kyra as she makes her way round the group healing any wounds.

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

6 charges, thanks!

Dark Archive

The basement only looks to be roughly 10 feet down. There don't appear to be any handholds but a bit of rubble lies below.

If no rope the DC 15 Acrobatics to land safely.

Player Status:

Adowyn (Leryn- 51/51; Howler cursed -2 Wis DC 12 Will 1/hour)
Kyra (28/49)
Narika
Warpac
Sickly (-1 Wis)
Ruprecht (59/59)

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

Sickly will pull out a silk rope, happy to lower down those less able to climb or jump down.

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

Ru volunteers to go first, trusting his dark vision to keep him safe.

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

Warpac follows, tossing down his shield ahead of his descent and recovering it when he makes it down.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"Anyone need a little help? This here ioun stone makes you a tad bit better at climbing."

He gestures to the constantly moving blue ioun stone circling his body. Indeed, it seems that he makes the descent adroitly if not with a little flair, particularly for someone in full plate.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Sorcerer 7(elemental:water)HP 33/33 AC20(f14 t18) save F+7 R+10 W+7 (+2 vs fear) init +10 perc +1

Narika smiles at Warpac and Sickly. She asks Sickly to hold the rope while she climbs down it. taking 10 for a result of 11

Once she is down at the bottom, the cheerful little sorceress encourages the others on their way down.

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

Once everyone who wants to make use of the rope has descended, Sickly puts it away, carefully winding it back up.

He frowns warily down the hole for a moment at all the dead decaying bodies, before removing a small white medical mask from a second pouch. He pulls the mask over his head, covering both his nose and mouth. He then adjusts the earplugs still firmly entrenched in his ears, to make sure they're not coming loose, then carefully jumps down after the others.

Taking a 10 on Acrobatics, for a 20 to jump down.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

"Nice breakfall!"

Comes in handy when chasing goblins, I'll bet.

Dark Archive

The group makes it safely down into the dark basement. Most Mwangi in Dokeran practiced ancestor worship, so the grand temple crypt is a very sacred place. Usually only high-ranking clerics or the very wealthy were actually buried in caskets here. Other tribesmen were laid to rest in the cemetery behind the temple. After Tyruwat sang the Song of Extinction, he unceremoniously dumped the remains of his victims’ bodies here, after torturing them in wicked rituals in the name of Zon-Kuthon. The smell of rotting flesh attracts vermin to the area.

Tiered checks below.

Dc 12 Perception:
of the bodies reveals a golden key in a mummified corpse’s pocket. This key glows when within 10 feet of the eastern wall.

Dc 15 perception:
A few treasures have been stored in some of
the caskets belonging to nobles interred here. the treasure cache which consists of a painting of a gorilla king in the Mwangi jungle worth 500 gp and a scroll of bestow curse.

DC 25 Perception:
You find a secret door within the eastern wall that hides the tunnel to the underground cathedral.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Sorcerer 7(elemental:water)HP 33/33 AC20(f14 t18) save F+7 R+10 W+7 (+2 vs fear) init +10 perc +1

Narika looks around carefully. perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Hey look, guys, there's a key, and there's a possibly valuable painting, and that scroll might be interesting to someone!"


Male Wolf HP: 51/51 | AC:19 | T:11 | FF:17 |CMB:+12 | CMD:24 | Fort:+9 | Ref:+7 | Will:+3 (+7 vs. enchantment) | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 |

Can Leryn follow down here?

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 (-5 if sound-based, +2 if stone related!)

Sickly eyes all the dead bodies warily, but steadfastly avoids digging around in the bodies, content to just look for the moment.

His well-honed dwarven senses do notice the unusual outline of a door on the eastern side of the chamber and he takes a moment to examine it more closely, pointing it out to the others.

"Maybe the key works on this?" He offers, his voice slightly muffled by the mask, as he tries to see where such a key might be inserted.

Grand Lodge

Female LG Human Cleric 7 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +13 | Init: -1 | Perc: +12, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | CPE: 3/4 | Spells: 1st 6+1/6+1, 2nd 4+1/4+1, 3rd 3+1/3+1, 4th 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.

"That makes sense, the way ahead is lit enough for me," says Kyra after climbing down the rope. Kyra's holy symbol begins to shine like the sun at dawn.

Boop, 3 charges: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 7, 8) + 3 = 23

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

Ruprecht approaches the secret door, checking it for traps, before anyone uses the key on it.

Perception for traps 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37


Female Human Hunter of Erastil 7 HP: 52/52 | AC:19 (22) | T:16 (17) | FF:14 (17) |CMB:+5| CMD:21 | Fort:+9 | Ref:+12 | Will:+7 | Init:+5 | Perc:+13 | Animal Focus: 7/7 min day

"Good find!" Adowyn compliments Sickly and approaches the secret door...

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

Warpac irreverently sits on a casket tapping the lid with his axe as he waits, observing the proceedings.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Let me know if you need any help. I think of my axe as a multi-purpose tool."

Dark Archive

Leryn can indeed follow if he jumps down or you find a way to safely get him down.

Ruprecht finds no traps on the lock or door itself and finds it quite safe to use the key. As the door is unlocked it opens with a grinding screech as stone rubs on stone. The hidden tunnel connects the temple crypt to a two room underground cathedral. Only the most privileged Mwangi tribesmen ever set foot in this place. However, it is no longer sacred. Tyruwat has desecrated this holy site with the aid of a pair of cultists whom he later slew. The two corpses lie at the end of the tunnel, just outside the stone door to the cathedral’s entrance, their throats cut.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 66/66 | AC/Tch/FF: 30/27/13 26/12/24 | CMB: +11 +9 (+4 on BR), CMD: 25 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 10/5/10 +2 hrdy | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Bull's Strength (10 minutes), Shield of Faith (10 minutes), Sacred Armor (1 minute)

Wait for it... You know corpses in these places never stay still for long.

Just in case they actually do rise, he will expend another charge of sacred armor and a blessing (holy strike) that will last for a minute as they go into the room.

Sovereign Court

Dwarf Barbarian 6 / Fighter 1
Stats:
(AC 21, Touch 13, FlatFooted 19 | HP 59/59 (DR 3)| Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +13 (+15 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 14/16)

"They're not very nice." Sickly mutters, as he sees yet more dead bodies down the hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 (-5 if sound-based, +2 if stone related!)

He readjusts his mask, grips his hammer tightly and prepares to head down the hallway once Ruprecht gives the all-clear.

You notice one of his eyes seems to be twitching randomly. He rubs at it absently, but ignores it otherwise.

Scarab Sages

Alchemist 8 (Crypt Breaker); AC (25)22/16/18; HP 59/59; CMD 21 Init +10; Perc. +14/18*; F +10, R +13, W +6 (+6 to saves vs. poison, +2 to saves vs. enchantment, and +1 bonus on saves against fear and confusion effects.)

"When we are finished here, we need to get these corpses out of her and properly dispose of them. This is a holy room. What happened here was definitely not."

He moves to the door again checking for traps.

Perception for traps with Crypt Breaker's Draught 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 4 + 4 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Sorcerer 7(elemental:water)HP 33/33 AC20(f14 t18) save F+7 R+10 W+7 (+2 vs fear) init +10 perc +1

Cayden help us, it's creepy in here, thinks Narika as she follows the others. She makes sure that her dagger continues to light the way in front of her.

151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Lyrics of Extinction 7-11 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.