Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Tyranius Lost at Bitter End Sub-Tier 10-11 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

"Well that was refreshingly invigorating. It has been awhile since I have been dealt such significant blows. It was almost a euphoric event for me."

"I am okay and will be able to handle most of my own healing. Thank you for the offer though."

Hamarabi uses three charges of his Wand of Infernal Healing taking just under three minutes to fully heal himself.

Liberty's Edge

Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

"Well done everyone! That was some quick work! I admit I was a little concerned for you there for a moment Hamarabi, but Sir Terramor showed some sly tricks with that broken wing gambit." Aelwynd says to the group before nodding directly to Sir Terramor, "Well played Sir, well played!"

While Hamarabi heals Aelwynd searches their surroundings to be sure no further threats loom as the party prepares to continue their journey.

take 10 on perception for 29

Grand Lodge

HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
skills:
skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

"I'm just glad the damper on magic lifted long enough to allow some magic to get through. You all were amazing, with or without magic."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier 10 (Honor Guard, Strategist) - HP 85/85 ,- AC 25/T: 12/FF: 24 - Perception +13 - F: +10 R: +6/ W: +4* - CMB: +14 - CMD: 27, Speed: 20, Init. +2

"What is happening with the magic?" asks Terramor. "It isn't working? Do you know why?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Take 10 on Knowledge History for a 16.

I provide a concise history of the region for Sir Terramor to enlighten him on why things are the way they are.

"The conflict between Nex and Geb took place between -892 AR and 576 AR, and both sides deployed great magical energies. The dwarves of Dongun Hold eventually used further magic to seal themselves off from the conflict. One or more of these forces were responsible for creating zones of dead magic in the region."

"The war between Nex and Geb turned once-green fields into a wasteland, but it also altered how magic works in the region. The devastation created areas devoid of magic—pockets where magic simply does not work at all. In other areas, the laws of reality themselves have been damaged, and magic becomes dangerously wild and unpredictable. This is known as primal magic, and it sometimes lashes the land with spontaneous waves of raw magical energy. These areas are not stable, often alternating between states of dead magic, primal magic, and normal magic, although the primal magic state is the most common."

"To make matters worse, another by-product of the war is that numerous tough and deadly monsters now roam the region. The dead magic zones, and the region’s many dangerous inhabitants, meant the Mana Wastes were avoided by all sensible creatures and remained largely unexplored for centuries."

"So now here we are continuing where a fellow Pathfinder left off. Let us hope that we fair better than she has."

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

"Do we wish to question these creatures? I do have some talent in that area. The one I took down should still be alive."

Dark Archive

Take your time on the RP just pushing forward as sounded like you were ready. Question them if you wish.

After nearly two days of traveling the wind-swept ruins you finally come across what looks to be Rijana's camp. A cold fire pit, well organized gear and supplies, and two journals blowing lazily in the wind surround a small, stone monolith. The monolith, the stele described in Rijana’s journals, is covered top to bottom in intricate and exotic carvings as well as markings and what look to be writings in an ancient language. The entire camp is covered in a thin layer of reddish dust, as if no one has been here for some time.

As soon as you enter Rijana’s camp, you find that your connection to magic restored. The stele radiates a faint transmutation aura and a strong conjuration aura and a 20-foot radius around the object pushes the magic dead nature of this part of the Mana Wastes away. The stele cannot be tipped over, pulled out of the ground, or otherwise disturbed—it is fixed in place.

The two journals are Translations of the Mana Wastes Stele and Flora,
Fauna, and Hazards of the Mana Wastes. The first is a half finished book containing page after page of drawings and translations of the stele. The last written page contains an incantation in common and instructions that describe exactly how to activate the stele. A notation below the incantation reads, “Making my first attempt tomorrow.” and is dated several months ago with no following notations. The page immediately preceding that one has this notation: “Worried that if I activate the stele and don’t like the results, may not be able to deactivate it. Pretty sure the incantation I’ve copied on the next page, when read backwards, will return this stele to normal if performed backwards. Will test later.” The second journal is a detailed account of the monsters, plants, and normal animals that call the Mana Wastes home.

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

When they start to get near to the camp sight Marta takes the opportunity to reestablish her long-term buffs.

"Hmmm. I wouldn't go too near that thing if I were you... Who am I fooling. Of course we'll go near it," she adds grimly.

Sure as rain something went wrong for the poor guy.

Marta snags the second book, always enthusiastic about increasing her lore on monsters, and begins reading. "It pays to know your enemy."

When she gets to Hell Cats, she nods and exclaims "Aha!" to no one in particular.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

I pick up the journal Translations of the Mana Wastes Stele. I begin comparing the notes within the journal to the stele present here at the campsite to see if I can make heads or tails of it.

"Well this is interesting."

Grand Lodge

HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
skills:
skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

Lore peeks over Hamarabi's shoulder... or under his arm... or something... and nods. "Yes, very interesting... she was going to try a ritual with the stele and there have been no notes since then... as if she disappeared while doing the ritual... there are instructions here for reversing the ritual.. maybe that will bring her back!" She looks hopeful, her eyes glowing brightly with excitement. "Let's try it!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

"Patience Lorelendral. We must be sure that what she has here is correct as we would not want to wind up missing as well due to a misinterpretation of the Stele."

GM: Let me know what roll or rolls might be helpful while I read and compare.

Also I read, write, and speak the following languages if that matters for this. Abyssal, Ancient Osiriani, Celestial, Common, Dark Folk, Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Jistka, Necril, Osiriani, Shadowtongue, Thassilonian.

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

And Marta has a tongues spell active, so she can read just about anything if needed.

Grand Lodge

AC 26, T 15, FF 23 | hp 96/103 | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 (+2 vs. fear) <Immune to Evil Mind-Effects> Human Garundi Fighter 9 Init +2; Senses Perception +11 Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 29

"Wasn't that Rajina's body we found a few days ago? I thought her death was fresh. If the entries ended several months ago, where has she been for the last few months?" She studies the stele with suspicion, as if expecting it to start shooting lighting or pull them into a different plane at any moment.

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

Marta visibly winces as a thought occurs to her, perhaps an even darker echo to Ariana's own thoughts.

"I sure hope this thing is not like the Worldwound. Have you noticed how we keep running into denizens of hell? Do you think that the magic comes at the cost of a tear into hell?"

It would be just like one of their twisted bargains to offer with one hand while holding a knife behind the back with the other. If so, no wonder she ended up dead.

Dark Archive

Let's go with a linguistics check Hamarabi.

Lorendral is topped from reciting the phrase in reverse by Hamarabi who wants to study the scroll-tube-shaped stone monolith about eight inches in height covered in arcane script and bits of a language justa small bit further.

Marta recognizes the language as one of ancient Kelish, but isn't quite able to read it the clearest. Tongues allows you to speak it but not necessarily read it. That is what Comprehend Languages is for.

Liberty's Edge

Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

"It is very curious how she ended up where we found her considering her last journal entry. Something else has been bothering me...We only found a few undead in town and certainly not enough to think the entire place had been raised. Where did everyone go? Hamarabi noticed it too but we lost sight of that once the attack happened." Aelwynd ponders aloud.

Reading from her first journal, he notes to the group, "She thought this stele could cure the Mana Wastes of it's affliction is she could properly translate the ancient kelish and perform the ritual! Well now we know what language it is. It also seems like her last entry was that she was about to try the ritual. Hmm...She also lists the other journal names. This seems ominous... We haven't found this one yet, Demi-planes, Pocket Dimensions, and the Mysteries of Geb."

I wonder how it all fits together? I'm sure it will be exciting to find out!

While the journals are being read, Aelwynd takes out a slender wand in preparation for when the group might start any ritual. UMD wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
He activates the wand, feeling his legs increase their stride slightly before replacing it in its belt loop.

He takes out a second wand and does the same just as the group begins any ritual. or just as it's about to finish to be more accurate

UMD wand of divine favor: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

Speaking of which, Marta needs to recharge her ioun stone with a shield spell. Usually there is at least one arcane caster to do the honors but I'll need to make the rolls for this scenario.

umd: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
umd: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
umd: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Success.

Grand Lodge

AC 26, T 15, FF 23 | hp 96/103 | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 (+2 vs. fear) <Immune to Evil Mind-Effects> Human Garundi Fighter 9 Init +2; Senses Perception +11 Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 29

"A gateway to hell? Fantastic." Ariana decides to keep an eye out away from the stele since the more knowledgeable of the group are looking into it.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Deep in thought, I continue to compare the Stele and the journal.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

In a quiet voice almost as if just talking to himself outloud. "Mmmm...perhaps this should be interpreted like that instead."

Liberty's Edge

Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

@ Marta. I would be happy to activate any of your arcane wands for you with my +15 UMD. Go ahead and just roll using my numbers if I can cast it for you. Say for instance refreshing your mage armor.

@ everyone. Also if anyone would like a charge off my wand of longstrider, just use my +15 UMD and roll it. I'll track who uses it and adjust the charges.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Hamarabi is also willing to assist with wand useage if needed. He has a +20 UMD.

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

Nice. If Marta fails her roll she will definitely pass the job on to one of you. I think the odds of failure just hit the minuscule side. I'll take the offer from the longstrider. I'm also offering charges off the Heightened Awareness wand Marta has. It's only 10 minutes duration, but if we are going to be reading any glyphs or opening any doors, the +4 init and +2 perception can make a big difference.

Longstrider: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Grand Lodge

AC 26, T 15, FF 23 | hp 96/103 | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 (+2 vs. fear) <Immune to Evil Mind-Effects> Human Garundi Fighter 9 Init +2; Senses Perception +11 Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 29

I'll take a charge of the Longstrider wand.

Longstrider: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Grand Lodge

HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
skills:
skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

same here.. thanks!

umd vs wand: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Liberty's Edge

Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

I'll take a charge of that Heightened Awareness since you offered. That +4 to initiative is great and I won't turn down the other bonuses either.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

I will also take a use of each wand (Heightened Awareness and Longstrider).

Use Magic Device: Wand of Heightened Awareness, DC 20: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Use Magic Device: Wand of Longstrider, DC 20: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier 10 (Honor Guard, Strategist) - HP 85/85 ,- AC 25/T: 12/FF: 24 - Perception +13 - F: +10 R: +6/ W: +4* - CMB: +14 - CMD: 27, Speed: 20, Init. +2

Sir Terramor will ask Hamarabi to use the wands on him.

UMD: Wand of Heightened Awareness, DC 20: 1d2 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
UMD: Wand of Longstrider, DC 20: 1d2 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Nice to have those rolls out of the way! Sir Terramor asks Aelwynd to use the wand of heightened awareness on him.

UMD: Wand of Heightened Awareness, DC 20: 1d2 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Oh, boy. You can lead a cavalier to water, but you can't make him think.

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

Heightened Awareness is a personal spell anyway. You would have had to make the UMD roll yourself. Unless you go though a spell storing device.

Dark Archive

I will have post up soon. Busy weekend.

Dark Archive

@Everyone- Heightened awareness and Longstrider are both personal so you have to use the wand yourself with UMD.

Hamarabi is able to decipher quite of a few of the unfamiliar language while the group passes around several wands.

Hamarabi begins to slowly and meticulously read the inscription backwards which takes nearly an hour to complete.

A brilliant flash of blue light surrounds you from the Stele; when the light fades, you're still standing in the camp, but all of Rijana’s supplies are gone, the stele is gone—its also as dark as the middle of the night, though the sky lacks stars is black as pitch, and the wind, so prevalent as you traveled across the Mana Wastes, is still. Nothing moves, nothing makes a sound, nothing is here.

DC 20 Knowledge Planes:
You may be in some kind of demi-plane.

DC 30 Knowledge Planes:
This demi-plane is none other than the fabled Geb’s Accord, a series of linked but-separated pocket dimensions that Geb long ago used to store equipment and soldiers for battles against Nex. And though Geb’s Accord looks and sounds empty, it isn’t.

Moments after arriving a group of Juju zombies, the same as before rise from their position, watching the camp and attack. These wretched human figures have tight leathery skin, sunken eyes, and an emaciated frame, yet they move with eerie alacrity.

Keep in mind that it is extremely dark for you humans out there. :)

Init:

Hamarabi: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 4 = 6
Ariana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Aelwynd: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 4 = 25
Lorelendral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Marta: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Sir Terramor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Geb Defenders: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Round 1
Marta-LS
Aelwynd

-------------------------------
Juju Zombies
-------------------------------
Lorelendral-LS
Ariana- LS
Sir Terramor (85/85; LS)(Morningstar 76/76)
Hamarabi (65/70; LS)

Grand Lodge

HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
skills:
skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

take the LS off Lore please, she doesn't have UMD and couldn't have used the wand herself. thanks.

know planes dc 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Where are we?"

Liberty's Edge

Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

Know.Planes: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (4) = 14

"No idea, but we are definitely not where we were."

Seeing they are surrounded once again by similar zombies, Aelwynd makes a quick connection, "Remember they are resistant to all but slashing weapons."

Gripping the blue scarf in his off hand tightly, he extends his reach for a short time and steps forth launching a series of attacks on the nearest undead assailant.

Free action;Shift grip to Slashing Damage with Weapon Versatility/ Swift action;Use 1 Panache, activate blue scarf to gain 10' reach for 1 min/ 5' step then Full Attack on Teal(Light Blue?).

+1 Answering Rapier+Divine Favor: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Slashing/Magic/Adamantine+Precision: 1d6 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 8 = 24

+1 Answering Rapier+Divine Favor: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Slashing/Magic/Adamantine+Precision: 1d6 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 8 = 23

Confirm: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 If this confirms, gain back 1 panache
Slashing/Magic/Adamantine: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Parry/Riposte:
Parry+Answering: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
Riposte+Answering: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Slashing/Magic/Adamantine+Precision: 1d6 + 16 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 8 = 30

AoO from reach if it comes up:
+1 Answering Rapier+Divine Favor: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Slashing/Magic/Adamantine+Precision: 1d6 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 8 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

+2 heroism, +2 heightened awareness
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 22

"Well, This seems to be a kind of demi-plane."

At least we are not in Hell. Not on my top 10.

Marta activates Dragon Style as a free action, Judgment as a swift action (+3 AC, +3 to hit), and casts Shield from the ioun stone.

Her longspear is ready so if any of them move through her reach, she will take the AoO up to three times (combat reflexes)

AoOs:

+15/1d8+1d6+16 Long Spear Power Attack [crit x3; brace, reach] (+8[BAB] +4[str] +1[enhance] -3[pwa] +2[heroism] +3[judge]/ +6[str] +1[enhance] +9[pwa] +1d6[corrosive])

AoO #1

  • To hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
  • Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 16 = 23, last die is acid damage

    AoO #2

  • To hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
  • Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (7) + (5) + 16 = 28, last die is acid damage

    AoO #3

  • To hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
  • Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 16 = 21, last die is acid damage

  • Scarab Sages

    Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

    Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Hamarabi concentrates for just a moment and it seems as if he almost wants to say something about his surroundings but at the last moment can't seem to recall what it is. "Oh, nevermind."

    Dark Archive

    Marta moves into a more defensive posture, both martial and magical means. Readying her longspear she waits for the undead to advance.

    Aelwynd steps in and slices the undead's throat open as his blade enters the skull, dropping the defender down to the ground, ending its life once more. Does not confirm

    The Geb's Defender's circle in around the camp, scimitar's drawn as Marta and Aelwynd do what they can to fend the encroaching enemy off. Aelwyn gets a decent blow in with his blade as Marta does with her spear as a pair traps her in, though the undead seem to resist a small portion of the damage from the tip of her spear as it doesn't seem as effective.

    Green Scimitar vs Lorelandrel AC FF 17; Flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15

    Purple Scimitar vs Aelwynd AC 26: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
    Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

    Blue Scimitar vs Sir Terramor AC FF 26: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

    Orange Scimitar vs Marta AC 30: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

    Red Scimitar vs Marta AC 30: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

    Yellow Scimitar vs Marta AC 30; flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31
    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
    Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Round 2
    Marta-(67/81; LS)
    Aelwynd (54/66)

    -------------------------------
    Juju Zombies (Purple -23)(Yellow -23)(Red -16)
    -------------------------------
    Round 1
    Lorelendral
    Ariana- LS
    Sir Terramor (85/85; LS)(Morningstar 76/76)
    Hamarabi (65/70; LS)

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

    "I'll keep these three busy for a bit."

    I miss being able to say something witty and intimidating. These undead have no sense of humor :(

    Marta activates bane vs. undead and decides to fight defensively. +2 AC, -4 to hit.

    Attacking green, since she wants to use her spear instead of her non-lethal UC.

    +13/1d8+3d6+18 Long Spear Power Attack [crit x3; brace, reach] (+8[BAB] +4[str] +1[enhance] -3[pwa] +2[heroism] +3[judge] +2[bane] -4[defensive] / +6[str] +1[enhance] +9[pwa] +2[bane] +2d6[bane] +1d6[corrosive])

    To Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
    damage: 1d8 + 3d6 + 18 ⇒ (3) + (5, 5, 4) + 18 = 35

    To Hit (-5): 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 5 = 12
    damage: 1d8 + 3d6 + 18 ⇒ (5) + (6, 4, 6) + 18 = 39

    Grand Lodge

    HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
    skills:
    skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

    Lore sticks her tongue out at the zombie threatening her and moves away 5'. She contemplates what to do next...

    ... on phone will format an action shortly ....

    Grand Lodge

    HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
    skills:
    skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

    Lore moves and channels to harm undead.

    channel dmg: 7d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 3, 1, 1, 6) + 5 = 27

    note Sun’s Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.

    Liberty's Edge

    Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

    Aelwynd sees the effect that Lore's channel has on the undead and his heart soars! "Well done! That certainly put a hitch in their step!"

    He slashes at the nearest foe with a rapid series of strikes.

    +1Answering rapier+divine favor: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
    slashing|magic|adamantine|+precision: 1d6 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 8 = 22
    +1Answering rapier+divine favor: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
    slashing|magic|adamantine|+precision: 1d6 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 8 = 24

    parry|riposte:
    parry+answering: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
    riposte+answering: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23
    magic|slashing|adamantine|+precision: 1d6 + 16 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 8 = 25

    at 7 out of 9 panache currently. I'll update the bar later. If parry comes into play he drops to 6.
    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Grand Lodge

    HP 92/92 AC (20 T 13 FF 17); bab 7, (scimitar) +8/+13, (lt xbow) +10, F +12 R +6 W +14 INIT +3 Perc +20 (22) CMB +7 CMD 19, clw 21, channel 7/7 gnome cleric(theologian)/5; exalted/5
    skills:
    skills: Acro 7, Bluff 4, Diplomacy 14, Escape Artist 3, Heal 8, Know religion 12, Know planes 5 know nobility 5 Perception 20 (22), perform oratory 4, Profession (chef) 11, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Stealth 3, surv 4

    btw, save vs her channel is a 17

    Grand Lodge

    Male Human Cavalier 10 (Honor Guard, Strategist) - HP 85/85 ,- AC 25/T: 12/FF: 24 - Perception +13 - F: +10 R: +6/ W: +4* - CMB: +14 - CMD: 27, Speed: 20, Init. +2

    "You! Fight me if you dare!"

    As a swift action, Sir Terramor issues a challenge to Green. His Champion plate cancels out the -2 to AC he would otherwise suffer against all other opponents.

    From the height of Morningstar's back, Sir Terramor then attacks Green (moving to blue if Green drops.)

    +1 adamantine longsword and height and Power Attack and Challenge v. Green: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 - 3 = 171d8 + 5 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 12 = 24
    +1 adamantine longsword and height and Power Attack v. Green: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 3 = 261d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 = 14

    Morningstar's Bite and Power Attack v. Green: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 271d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10
    Morningstar's Hoof and Power Attack v. Green: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 251d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10
    Morningstar's Hoof and Power Attack v. Green: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 181d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10

    If AC<18, then 78 points of damage
    If 17<AC<25, then 54 points of damage
    If AC=25, then 44 points of damage
    If AC=26, then 34 points of damage
    If AC=27, then 10 points of damage
    Else, 0 points of damage

    If anyone (such as the undead) attacks Sir Terramor (whether as an AoO or on its turn), Morningstar will use Bodyguard to grant Terramor a +2 on his AC for up to four attacks. If any attack hits, Morningstar will use In Harm's Way to take the damage instead.

    If anyone (such as the undead) attacks Ariana, Lore, Aelwynd or Morningstar (whether as an AoO or on his/her/its turn), Sir Terramor will use Aid Allies, Bodyguard and Intercept to grant the attacked ally a +5 bonus to AC for up to three attacks.

    In addition, the combination of Sir Terramor's banner and his famous shield grants all his allies +6 on saves vs. fear & +2 to hit while charging.

    Sir Terramor's challenge to GREEN gives all his allies +4 to hit GREEN (stacks with the bonus for charging...).

    Grand Lodge

    AC 26, T 15, FF 23 | hp 96/103 | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 (+2 vs. fear) <Immune to Evil Mind-Effects> Human Garundi Fighter 9 Init +2; Senses Perception +11 Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 29

    If Green lives after Terramor and Morningstar get done with it I'll attack it otherwise I'll move to get into flank with Marta on Orange. Oh and no LS for me either no UMD.

    Ariana swings her Bastards sword at the green tinged zombie in front of her. Using all the power she has available.

    +1 Silver Bastardsword: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 4 = 28
    Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
    +1 Silver Bastardsword: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 4 = 26
    Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

    If Moved and attacking Orange:

    -2 Attack roll on the first attack, and no second attack.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

    Hamarabi gives a small smirk at the situation before he acts.

    "Hear me O' Midnight Lord and grant me control of our enemies!'

    Channel negative energy to command the undead. Will Save, DC 23 to negate. I can command up to 11 HD worth of the Juju Zombies.

    Dark Archive

    Lore's amulet shines as bright as the sun as the energy burns away at the undead's flesh.

    Orange Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    Red Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Yellow Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Green Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
    Blue Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Purple Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Two of Geb's Defender's burn in a blaze of glory as their flesh smolders away leaving behind a smoking husk.

    Ariana draws back her bastard sword and cleaves her way through another zombie before it has time to completely encircle and trap the Pathfinders in.

    Sir Terramor moves on to the remaining zombie in front of his. His blade slices the zombie open from the midsection as Morningstar rises high into the air and brings a pair of hooves down onto the undead's head splitting it open like a ripe melon.

    Hamarabi tries to command the remaining undead as he offers dire words of his own Dark Lord.

    Orange Will save Dc 23: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
    Red Will save Dc 23: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

    With the undead both firmly underneath Hamarabi's control Marta and Aelwynd have little issue cutting the undead down and returning them to the realm of the dead where they belong.

    DC 15 Survival:
    find footprints that are most likely Rijana’s starting here and wandering southward from the camp, back toward where Geb’s Rest would be in the material plane. The tracks left behind by Geb’s defenders also head back in that direction as well.

    Player Status:

    Marta-(67/81; LS)
    Aelwynd (54/66)
    Lorelendral
    Ariana
    Sir Terramor (85/85; LS)(Morningstar 76/76)
    Hamarabi (65/70; LS)

    Grand Lodge

    AC 26, T 15, FF 23 | hp 96/103 | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 (+2 vs. fear) <Immune to Evil Mind-Effects> Human Garundi Fighter 9 Init +2; Senses Perception +11 Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 29

    Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    Ariana takes her time looking at the ground outside circle where the battle just took place. She stands after a bit and says, "There are footprints heading south. Probably Rijana's, and more that are likely zombies. We should carefully follow them." She begins to head to the south.

    After everyone heals if they need to of course.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Cleric 11 l HP 46/70 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +10, Ref* +7, Will* +13 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +19 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

    "Hmmm... More zombies you say? Shall we see where they are going or have come from?"

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

    Survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

    Marta pulls out her wand of CLW (CL3) before taking another step and heals up.

    CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    "Sounds like a good goal to me. Lets find out what happened."

    Dark Archive

    A few hours south from the arrival point, The dark, dusty road suddenly dips into a small depression, maybe a half mile long. Scattered throughout that depression are what appear at first to be neatly organized rows of soldiers, wearing leather armor and standing at attention with spears straight against their bodies. As you get closer, you notice a faint blue outline surrounding each one of them and not a one seems to breathe, move, or in fact, even be alive.

    DC 20 Knowledge (arcana):
    You determine that these soldiers are alive and held in some sort of magical stasis.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Aasimar UMonk/1 Inquisitor/10 | HP: 57/81 | AC/T/FF: 28/24/18 23/19/15 | CMB:+16, CMD: 37 32 | F/R/W: 15/15/19 15/13/19 | Init: +12 (-4 wo HAware) | Perc +26 (-2 wo HAware), Disable Device +12, SenMot +17 (-2 to all skills without heroism) | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Halo, Greater Magic Weapon (20 hours), Heightened Awareness, Heroism(200 min), See Invisibility (200 min), Tongues (200 minutes), Freedom of Movement (100 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hours), Blessing of Fervor, Prayer

    Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Does this seem to be about the location corresponding to the place we found the body?

    Liberty's Edge

    Dashing Half Elf 9 | HP: 66/66, AC 26 ,T18, FF19, CMD:23, Fort:+5*, R+15*, Will:+6(8 v Enchant/11vMind Effect)*, Init:+12, Percep:+21(22 vs Traps) | Panache 10/10|Charmed Life 5/5|Inspiration 3/3 Active Effects:

    Aelwynd hands his wand of cure light wounds to Marta and asks her to use it on him.

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    Aelwynd was down 12 so that fully heals him.

    After healing up and traveling with the group south, when they encounter the immobile group of soldiers Aelwynd ponders the significance of the scene but fails to grasp anything specific. "Well its obvious there is some sort of magic at work here but I'll be damned if I know how it works or why. Anyone else have any ideas?" he says disappointedly.

    know arcana: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (2) = 14

    @Marta. We found the body in the town at the fountain, and this doesn't seem to fit to me. We are on another plane though.

    @GM. It took us two days of travel to get from the town to the place we found the stele and entered this plane. When we were back in our home plane did we pass any place that looked like this and if so does travel seem to take the same amount of time or is it accelerated or slowed?

    151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Lost at Bitter End All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.