Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Tyranius House on Hook Street (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


1 to 50 of 1,533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here


Big fat dot! Thanks for running this, GM Tyranius! There are not many chances to do these campaign style. Also, thanks GM Andrew for finding the right place for me to sign up!


Dot.


dot.


.


Are we going to be creating our own characters or be handed ones?

Dark Archive

GM Tyranius PFS Reporting Tool | Scenario List | Scenario Sign-up Sheet

Create your own :)


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

To say that Grinner smells would be an understatment, but it is not the smell typically associated with a wet or dirty frog. You can smell incense, herbs, and natural remedies just emanate from him, as well as the unusual smells that come with those crafty spell component pouches.

At 2' 2" and 25 lbs, he is not the most imposing figure. He seems to show some age, despite being only 18 years. He has dark purple skin and glowing yellow eyes.

He wears a breastplate and has a spear by his side. He also has on a cloak and a headband. He's definitely seen his adventuring days.

You probably met Grinner as he was wondering around selling some of his herbs in Korvosa. He walks around town exclaiming advertisement with his throaty frog voice. *Ribbet* "You know Grinner's in town. One of the best herbalists of the land, hailing from the Mushfens. All herbs have been locally grown, so you'd be supporting the local economy by buying them!" *Ribbet* "Hurt on the job? Don't forget my restorative healing services as well!"


Familiar | HP 29/29 | AC 20 | T 10 | FF 20 | CMD 8 | F +1 | R +0 (Improved Evasion) | W +7 | Init -2 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +1
Active Spells:

Always with Grinner is a Turtle. Typically it clings to Grinner's backpack or stays inside, but you see it now and then peak it heads out. If someone gets too close, it retracts its head back into its shell.


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

The frog would have received nothing more than a harsh side eyed glance from the human. Gerard was much too important to associate with such a creature, unless he needed to purchase something. He would normally have went to a higher class of healer, and would only dealt with Grinner in an emergency.

Gerard cut a regal swath. He was tall, handsome, but he had a wild, unsettling look in his eyes. It was almost like he was looking through the person in his view, instead of looking at them. His goal was simple, to be the best at everything he chose. His magical powers allowed him to know most everything that was being pondered around him.

Gerard had a cruel streak, for those who did not meet up to his goal of self perfection. With that being said, he was a stickler for following the rules, and wanted the laws of Korvosa to be followed.


Grimnir Hammerhand | Dwarf Paladin 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +10; R +4; W +8 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar: +13 (1d10+6) | Perc +11

Pretty much ready...just need to finalize purchases, then I'm good to go.


Detective 7 HP: 45/45 | AC 21* | T 17*| FF 17* | Fort +5* | Ref +12* | Will +11* | CMD 22* | Initiative +3 | Perception/Sense +13^ | Bluff/Dip +14^ | Dis. Dev. +18^ | Kn. (A/H/P/R)/Spell/Ling. +11^ | Kn. (D/E/G/Na/N) +9^ | Kn. (L) +14^
Resources:
Commune With Spirits: 8/9; Inspiration: 7/7; CLW: 31 charges
Active Buffs:
Haste; Whispering Spirits

@Pathetic: Can you make a new alias for this guy? I'm never going to remember his name if it isn't in the title line.

A tall, slightly gangly man sips on his mug of blonde ale as he surveys the tavern. The bustling Sea Shanty's Wench is ripe with potential clients, but Reigan sits idly in the corner as he watches a group of men and women wager over a dice game at a nearby table. One of the men appears to be getting richer than all the others, having an oddly lucky streak.

These simpletons can't even see a magically weighted dice that is reacting with the man's ring. I wonder if I can... procure the rest of their cash before they lose it to him...

As he takes another sip, a ghostly hand reaches through the wall and drops an ephemeral note into Reigan's lap.

Ah, Syndressa. What have you brought me this...

As he unfolds the note, he freezes, even in thought.

What is this?! S&%!, s+#~, s%@%!

He pulls out a few pieces of silver and tosses it on the bar as he barrels towards the door, yelling back to the barkeep. "Keep the change, Arnold!" he yells as he leaps through the portal to the outside world.

"There is no change! This is a few coppers short, Reigan!" can be heard by the man as he flees down the nearby alley as Reigan smiles.

Time to see if the House on Hook Street is ready for investigation!


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

Terry is a weird mixture of grace and confidence and always seeming on the verge of being spooked. He has some odd scars on his exposed skin, which is not much, as he wears desert garb. Seems like he is from Osiria with his dark complexion.

Will fix signature line and add more later. My wife is calling fr some attention. Making a character sure takes a lot of time!

Dark Archive

Korvosans who don’t have to experience the misery of life in Old Korvosa often say the old quarters of the city are “burned over.” Most visitors to Korvosa believe the term refers to the district’s charred hovels and the blackened bridges that span the Narrows, scorched by the flames of riots resisting the blood veil quarantine. Locals know the phrase is much older, though, and doesn’t refer to the buildings so much as the people. Its streets are burned over, they explain, because, in the wake of a century of religious revivals and evangelisms turned to by the desperate poor, there is no fuel left for the fires of spiritual conversion.

In Old Korvosa’s heyday, a confluence of cultures comingled in this seat of Varisian civilization, and nowhere was this melting pot more prominent than the curving harborside avenue once known as Hook Street. Here, as the long stretch of Wave Street hooked northward and followed the Old Wall, a smattering of small shrines and chapels competed for the supplication of the sailors from distant ports of call. As each idol, demigod, or true god grew in prominence and worship, their adherents jockeyed for new positions westward, building new houses of worship, each larger and grander than the one before as they earned their rightful, abandoning the poorer shrines as the street arched north.

Now, those days are long abandoned. The great faiths eventually followed their worshipers from Old Korvosa and established temples elsewhere in the city as it spread across the mainland. Only the poor remained among the old sanctuaries, and there they stayed. Hook Street became known as “that merciless way” and was eventually renamed Merciless Way South. And while that charming moniker may satisfy those who look down on the old island from the mainland, to the locals forced by circumstance, addiction, bad luck, or low birth to inhabit the rotting docksides, it will always be Hook Street.
In recent years, Bridgefront’s misery has only intensified. For reasons unknown to the public, the benefaction provided by the Arkona family to the island’s poor vanished after the riots. Without the house’s financial protections, property abandoned or left behind in the wake of the deadly blood veil plague that wracked Korvosa years ago transformed in one of two ways: the city’s merchant class took advantage of the vacuum to buy up the property cheaply, and the poor built atop the existing real estate, adding layers of shacks and hovels known throughout the city as the Shingles. As a result, the poor not only grew poorer, but the districts in which they lived—Garrison Hill and the Old Dock among them—were swept up in a mass gentrification as new property owners cleared out the hovels and restored the district’s historic buildings. The poorer citizens were forced to move south into Bridgefront, condensing their neighborhoods closer to the Narrows, and the stacks of ramshackle buildings there grew higher and increasingly overcrowded, with tumbledown tenements growing above the old buildings’ facades like barnacles on a ship’s hull.

Image of the city for your pleasure

You are lead to the Hook street based on rumors of a rich trade in esoteric secrets, investigation of strange planar emanations in Old Korvosa. connections with the Korvosan Guard, and reports of disturbing dreams among residents.

Knowledge Local 5:
“Between the bad dreams and night terrors, my neighbors and I haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep in two weeks.
Used to be I’d dream of faraway lands and such, but these days it’s just the same streets we see every day, all of us
getting chased around by awful horrors. Little wonder those folks keep killing themselves. Soon I might want the
same escape.”

Knowledge Local 10:
“The drug dealers are putting shiver in the water to get us all addicted. Since my family got the terrors, we’ve been
walking across town to get our water from the Reefclaw Run Fountain—no more Night Market water for us! It hasn’t
stopped the bad dreams, but maybe the shiver water we drank is still in us?”

Knowledge Local 15:
“Madame Carrington predicted the deaths, you know? She isn’t much for conversation, but she’s got some kind of weird
power. She’s this oneeree… oneyero… well, a medium or something, and they say she’s got this spirit guide called ‘Baku’
that tells her what folks’ dreams mean, and all it’s saying these days is ‘murder, murder, murder.’”

Knowledge Local 20:
“I’m telling you, it’s ol’ Sally Scrabblebones behind these nightmares. I remember my grandmother used to scare me with
tales that the hag was going to shuck my bones, but she’s real! My daughter saw the crooked old crone coming for her
surrounded by swarms of spiders, and she woke up screaming bloody murder with some big scratch marks on her arm.”

Knowledge Local 25:
“My sister was in the Brotherhood, but they found her in the Narrows last week, all corpse-gray like the rest. The
guards told me she was on shiver, but hard to believe she just sliced her own throat like that, ear to ear. I don’t think
I could make it halfway around my neck, myself.”


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

Kn Loc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Damn. Why did you come here again? Oh, yea - far away from mom and her spiders and a nice normal law abiding nation with a little weather. I sure hope some of these rumors are false. What does a guy have to do to get a break? I sure hope I find a job that makes the trip worth it.

Terry is a tomb raider. A 'retriever' of lost antiquities. A friend of his in the same business contacted him and said they could use someone like him. Terry took sail as much to get away from good old mom as to launch an independent career. But now he is a bit on the broke side and can't find his friend anywhere.

Terry starts poking about looking for someone who might be interested in his talents. Museums, Private collectors with money, wherever his nose leads him.


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

Grinner surveys some adventurer-looking types on Hook street, which is a departure from the usual slum-like populace. He notices they stick out like a sore thumb... not unlike himself, being a grippli. He approaches Terry.

"Hello! Name's Grinner. I've heard some rumors of secrets in this part, and my past adventuring led me to be curious of the happenings around. Perhaps you are here for the same reasons?"


Familiar | HP 29/29 | AC 20 | T 10 | FF 20 | CMD 8 | F +1 | R +0 (Improved Evasion) | W +7 | Init -2 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +1
Active Spells:

Tin quickly hides in Grinner's backpack.


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

"Sorry about that. That's Tin. He's a little shy."


Grimnir Hammerhand | Dwarf Paladin 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +10; R +4; W +8 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar: +13 (1d10+6) | Perc +11

"Grimnir Hammerhand, at yer service!" a dwarf says a little too loudly.

He is muscular and broad, even by dwarf standards. He wears thick, stoneplate armor, and carries an exotic-looking weapon, a 10-foot-long, heavy metal chain weighted at one end by a round ball of solid iron about the size of a large fist.

"Ah will tak' th' front line an' battle wi' th' best of them. If we can fin' a drink along th' way, it will make thes aw th' mair pleasant." he says.

@Reigan: How about I put my character's name in my hotbar, like so? I'd rather not make an alias...I have a few too many poking around over the years.

Dark Archive

Macabre shapes coalesce in a thick curtain of fog still hanging heavy on the midday air as muted screams echo off the Shingles above.


Detective 7 HP: 45/45 | AC 21* | T 17*| FF 17* | Fort +5* | Ref +12* | Will +11* | CMD 22* | Initiative +3 | Perception/Sense +13^ | Bluff/Dip +14^ | Dis. Dev. +18^ | Kn. (A/H/P/R)/Spell/Ling. +11^ | Kn. (D/E/G/Na/N) +9^ | Kn. (L) +14^
Resources:
Commune With Spirits: 8/9; Inspiration: 7/7; CLW: 31 charges
Active Buffs:
Haste; Whispering Spirits

My desktop SSD burnt out so my posts aren't going to be as good as I would like due to typing on a phone. Apologies in advance.

Reigan spies Terry from the alley as he reaches Hook St. "Oi! If it isn't Cherry Terry!" he says positively as he claps the man on the back.

"I didn't know you made it back from those tombs in Osirion already." Reigan states. "What brings you to this particular street? "

No doubt he's here for the house.

"Some blonde girl of a local got butchered up around here. Sliced herself from ear to ear while on shiver, though the brother says it was something else. " Reigan informs him as he sees a couple other blokes milling about oddly. "Might be why the frog man and dwarf have arrived. The House is finally ready to play according to the spirits. "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Kn. Local: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 13 + (6) = 28


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

Terry jumps a foot in the air when the man slaps his back.

"Please don't do that. Or at least warn me first."

"But it's good to see you! I got your message and just arrived by ship. Damn expensive that was! It was not looking good there for a while when I couldn't find you at the address you gave me in the letter. Thought for sure I'd end up in Bridgefront sleeping with the vermin again or selling off my gear, maybe both. So what's the deal here? That letter was old so is the work still good? I'm hearing all kinds of strange rumors. Hope that translates into coin!"


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

Grinner looks at Reigan with concern. "Is that what happened? Oh wow! *Ribbet* I heard something weird happened but not what. Mind if I tag along? I'm always after a little coin, and my talents are as a healer if you find that useful. Isn't it the usual pomp and circumstance to go at these odd situations in groups anyway?" Grinner says the last sentence without directing it towards anyone.

"Also, Reigan, you commune with the spirits too? *Ribbet*"

"And Grimnir... we almost have the same name!"


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

Gerard sniffs as he happens upon the gathering of the strange creatures. "I assume you are the rest of the group I was to meet? I was tasked to investigate the strange goings on in the neighborhood. If you could even call this place a neighborhood.". She looks around and draws a kerchief over his mouth at the bad smells.

"Anyway, I'm Gerard. I specialize in getting inside the minds of the criminal element.". He smiles broadly and his crazed eyes open widely. "Let's get to work."


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

"Wait. Who's paying us? I'm not sticking my neck out if there's no coin involved. Have you met the 'roll?"

Dark Archive

Terry's question is quickly cut short as three of the cities guards are hurled through the air from a nearby side street. They slam into the side of a building as their mangled forms twitch reflexively from death spasms. Their limbs are twisted and contorted in ways that can only describe immense pain and suffering as an ashen grey man shambles forth from one of the many side streets into the small square. He looks to be carried forth by a sickly green fog that permeates the area. Drained of color, the man is practically mummified. A miasma of swirling, nightmarish shapes spill forth from the torn-asunder jaws of a corpse the mists drag in their wake.

Init:

Gerard: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Terry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Grimnir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Reigan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Grinner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Strange Fog Man: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Round 1
Grinner
Gerard
Terry
Grimner
Reigan

-----------------------------
Strange Fog Man
-----------------------------


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

"Awe crap, crap, crap," he mutters in Abyssal, though of course the words are far more... ugly in that language and have to do with offal matter leaving the body through alternate routes.

He casts shield on himself (as he does so one of the scars on his neck fades away) and positions himself between the monstrosity and the squishies in the party, in ho hurry to engage and waiting for the thing to come to him.

"This is just wrong. We haven't event TALKED to the 'roll and we are already battling a mummy?

Speaking of which, now would be a good time for a knowledge roll!

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

but hey, who can make out squat in this nasty fog, right?

Theatre of the mind or are we going to use a map?


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

As calm as can be, Grinner states, "Hrm. *Ribbet* Seems like an appropriate time for this."

Standard Action
Grinner casts Spiritual Weapon. Grinner doesn't have a particular patron deity, so a warhammer appears.
Spiritual Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Spiritual Weapon Damage (Force Damage): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Move Action
Not wanting to be the first to be attacked, he heads off.

@Terry: Map is at the top of the campaign. :)


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

Forgot to mention. Terry will always spend an arcane pool as a swift action on the first round of combat to add +1 to his rapier. It serves no other purpose at this level for him.


Detective 7 HP: 45/45 | AC 21* | T 17*| FF 17* | Fort +5* | Ref +12* | Will +11* | CMD 22* | Initiative +3 | Perception/Sense +13^ | Bluff/Dip +14^ | Dis. Dev. +18^ | Kn. (A/H/P/R)/Spell/Ling. +11^ | Kn. (D/E/G/Na/N) +9^ | Kn. (L) +14^
Resources:
Commune With Spirits: 8/9; Inspiration: 7/7; CLW: 31 charges
Active Buffs:
Haste; Whispering Spirits

"I don't merely commune with the spirits, froggie." Reigan says with a wink. "They constantly come to me with their problems, however..." he starts as a guard flies between the pair, slamming into the wall.

"What the hell!" Reigan yells as he flicks his wrist and suddenly a hand crossbow erupts from his sleeve into his hand. "This might be why I was sent over here!"

Kn. Check: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (1) = 9 Add the appropriate modifier from my tagline.

He carefully examines the creature as he tries to deduce its abilities or identity. "Try this on!" he yells as he fires off his bolt at the creature.

Hand Crossbow | Focused Shot/PBS/Studied Combat: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 12

Swift to Study; Move Action to Draw Weapon; Standard to use Focused Shot.


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

Terry will do an Opportune Parry and Repost if attacked. I assume this is undead and the bane enchantment kicks in?

rolls if parry is done:

-4 for size
To Parry: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 = 28
To Riposte: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 15 = 23


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

Not sure if his mind magic would be useful here, Gerard uses a force spell. Three magic missiles streak forth, striking the fog man.

Magic missile damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 3 = 8

Know. Religion to identify the figure 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Dark Archive

@Terry- It is actually an outsider.

Grinner quickly summons forth a magical warhammer above the fog. The hammer smashes into the shambling man witha forceful energy that does indeed seem to harm him.

Seeing force magic being of some use Gerard sends out a wave of three missiles that slam through the fog. Knowledge Planes.

Gerard and Reigan are both able to figure out what the strange being is.

Dreamspawn Hungry Fog:

Dreamspawn creatures are created when the lucid
bodies of dreamers are killed in certain correupted
areas of the Dimension of Dreams, their nightmarish
final moments resulting in true death in the waking
world. On some rare occasions, the creature or
creatures responsible for the death of the dreamer are
intrinsically bound to that dreamer’s death throes, their
etheric forms dragged along with the victim’s fleeing
soul and stranded somewhere between the sleeping
and waking worlds. These creatures soon emerge on
the Material Plane, bursting forth from their victim’s
corpse as nightmarish spectres of the dream-thing they
once were.

Dreamspawn creatures are always linked by
ectoplasmic strands to the corpse of the dreamer that
created them. They drain the corpse of fluids and
essence in order to manifest, desiccating the remains
in the process. Their initial manifestation usually
disfigures the corpse in some horrifying manner.
Dreamspawn creatures are forced to drag the remains
of dead dreamers behind them, motivate to experience
the Material Plane but shackled to their creator’s
rotting body.

These otherworldly creatures seek out new host
bodies to replace the original rotting corpses that first
brought them into the world. This effort allows them to
extend their lives as their host body rots beyond repair.
Those who hunt these escaped nightmares and seek to
silence them have learned to sense the eerie vibrations
that accompany the dreamspawn’s violation of planar
physics, and use it to their advantage to locate and
destroy the creatures.

Both know that Dreamspawns several auras and defensive abilities. Being anywhere near the enveloping mists (10 feet) cause any sane and rational person to become shaken and staggered at the sight of half-glimpsed shapes of phantoms floating within the fog.

Within 10 feet a person hears an eerie, shrieking feedback in their minds, easily disrupting their attacks and spells.

For weapons to wound a dreamspawn it must be forged from magical properties and either silver or good aligned. Immune to acid, electricity, mind-affecting effects, sonic and resistant to cold damage. A dreamspun hungry fog has a body composed of eerie mist. It can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks, but cannot enter water or other liquid.

Terry quickly shields himself and stands in between the beast and his companions.

Reigan draws his hand crossbow and fires it into the fog. From what he can tell the bolt strikes true but seems to have minimal effect.

Active buff/ debuff reminder
Aura (10 feet) Bewitching Brume Any creature within 10 feet of a dreamspun hungry fog or currently being affected by its enveloping mists must succeed at a DC 9 Will save at the start of that creature’s turn or become shaken for 1 round

Aura (10 feet) Discordant Feedback (Su): The dreamspawn creature’s psychic energy creates an eerie, shrieking feedback in the minds of living creatures in a 10-foot radius. Creatures within the aura take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws while in the area, and must make a successful Will save or take 1d2 points of Charisma damage. Spellcasters who attempt to cast spells in the aura’s radius must make a concentration check with a DC 10.

Round 1
Grinner
Gerard
Terry
Grimner
Reigan
-----------------------------
Strange Fog Man (-17)
-----------------------------


Grimnir Hammerhand | Dwarf Paladin 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +10; R +4; W +8 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar: +13 (1d10+6) | Perc +11

Grimnir curses fluently in dwarven as the bodies of the three guards careen into the street.

As his dwarven chain weapon begins to whir in large circles to his side, he says "Bah! I've nae e'en hud time fur a drink today...canae ye bide anither hour, beastie!?"

The dwarf attacks the strange creature repeatedly with the dorn dergar.

+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d10 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 both attacks vs. flat-footed
+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d10 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

As a note, I think the paladin grants us all a bonus vs. fear effects (such as shaken) from Aura of Courage that might help out here.

Is this thing considered undead?


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

DM, since I was able to identify the beast, could I use my move action to move 30' away from it this round? Psychics don't want to be near that thing!

Dark Archive

It is not undead Unfortunately.

Grimner dives in and smashes at the shambling man being driven by the fog with his dwarven chain flail. The spiked ball smashes into something solid within but doesn't seem to hurt the fog all that much.

The roiling mist stretches forth as it covers over everyone but Grinner. The entire group feels an eerie, shriking feedback blast through their minds as all but Grinner are completely engulfed.

Enveloping mists; negative energy (All but Grinner): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3 + Staggered

@Everyone but Grinner- You are engulfed. You have a choice of making an AoO against the monster or a DC 17 reflex saving throw to avoid being engulfed. Normal engulf rules except you may move normally and you are not in danger of suffocating.

@All- Everyone needs to make the two saves for the two aura's below.

Active buff/ debuff reminder
Aura (10 feet) Bewitching Brume Any creature within 10 feet of a dreamspun hungry fog or currently being affected by its enveloping mists must succeed at a DC 9 Will save at the start of that creature’s turn or become shaken for 1 round

Aura (10 feet) Discordant Feedback (Su): The dreamspawn creature’s psychic energy creates an eerie, shrieking feedback in the minds of living creatures in a 10-foot radius. Creatures within the aura take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws while in the area, and must make a successful DC 9 Will save or take 1d2 points of Charisma damage. Spellcasters who attempt to cast spells in the aura’s radius must make a concentration check with a DC 10.

Round 2
Grinner
Gerard (35/38; staggered)
Terry (40/43; staggered)
Grimner (61/64; staggered)
Reigan (33/36; staggered)

-----------------------------
Strange Fog Man (-36)
-----------------------------

Dark Archive

@Gerard. that is fine. You had not moved yet. I will fix your Hp on the next go around.


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

In the order requested:
DC 17 reflex to avoid being engulfed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
DC 9 will Bewitching Brune: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9
DC 10 will Discordant: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

He rolled a 1 on the Bewitching Brune and is shaken for a round.

So, shaken and staggered. Nice.


Grimnir Hammerhand | Dwarf Paladin 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +10; R +4; W +8 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar: +13 (1d10+6) | Perc +11

Grimnir curses again but attacks the thing as it overwhelms him.

AoO, +1 Dorn Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d10 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Will save1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 add another +3 to both rolls if it is a spell or spell-like ability
Will save2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Detective 7 HP: 45/45 | AC 21* | T 17*| FF 17* | Fort +5* | Ref +12* | Will +11* | CMD 22* | Initiative +3 | Perception/Sense +13^ | Bluff/Dip +14^ | Dis. Dev. +18^ | Kn. (A/H/P/R)/Spell/Ling. +11^ | Kn. (D/E/G/Na/N) +9^ | Kn. (L) +14^
Resources:
Commune With Spirits: 8/9; Inspiration: 7/7; CLW: 31 charges
Active Buffs:
Haste; Whispering Spirits

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Reigan easily avoids being engulfed as he tumbles backwards, pulling free a silver-tipped bolt and loading it into his hand crossbow. "Use silver weapons to fight this thing, Cherry!" he yells to Terry.

He takes aim once more and fires off another bolt at the creature, trying to pierce the mists.

Hand Crossbow | Focused Shot/PBS/Studied Combat: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 26
Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 12

Move Action to load; Standard to fire bolt; 5' Step away from the Hungry Fog and away from his teammates.


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

On review, I think Terry missed the ST for Discordant too since shaken gives him a -2 to ST and discordant gives everyone a -2 ST while in the area (please confirm on the Discordant Feedback since none of us in the area factored in that penalty). He is well and truly screwed. His damage spells do squat except for one MM. His weapon does not pass muster to bypass DR (needs good), the thing does not attack normally so no parry, it is a walking corpse but not undead so no bane, and it targets his worst save for two of the effects. I'm kinda laughing over here and wondering how best to role-play this.

Do you want to roll the cha damage or should I?

Tyranius, should Grimnir have bothered with the ST roll vs Bewitching Brune since he is immune to fear effects, or should I have not added the +4? In other words, is it a fear effect since ti causes the shaken condition?


Shaman 8 | HP 44/51 | AC 20 | T 12 | FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +4* | R +5 | W +13 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +5 | Channel 2/5 | Touch of Flames 3/5 | Current Wandering Spirit: Flame | Current Wandering Hex: Cinder Dance | Active Effects: Antiplague, Antitoxin, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Negative Effects: 1 Con Damage, 1 Con Drain(*)

"The spirits run through me!"

Non-Action
BTW, the first attack of mine should have missed. It was a natural 1. XD
The spiritual weapon continues its attack.
Spiritual Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Spiritual Weapon Damage (Force Damage): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Standard Action
Grinner tries to use the power of the spirits against the creature, by showering it with bad luck. Misfortune Hex, DC 18 Will save or must roll twice and take the worst on every ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check for 1 round.

Move Action
*Ribbet* *Ribbet* *Ribbet*
He stands there in a spiritualistic chant, extending the duration of the bad lack. Chant Hex. Will extend the Misfortune Hex by 1 round. Even if it makes the Will Save, Grinner doesn't want to take his move action anyway.

Non-Action
5 ft. back so Reigan can next turn.

Dark Archive

Terry PBP wrote:
On review, I think Terry missed the ST for Discordant too since shaken gives him a -2 to ST and discordant gives everyone a -2 ST while in the area (please confirm on the Discordant Feedback since none of us in the area factored in that penalty). He is well and truly screwed. His damage spells do squat except for one MM. His weapon does not pass muster to bypass DR (needs good), the thing does not attack normally so no parry, it is a walking corpse but not undead so no bane, and it targets his worst save for two of the effects. I'm kinda laughing over here and wondering how best to role-play this.

Correct. The penalties will stack since they are from completely different sources. Though it is not undead. Simply meant to look as such. It is actually an extraplanar outsider that is simply using this body as a vessel. This guy as a lot going on and is quite nasty.

Terry PBP wrote:
Do you want to roll the cha damage or should I?

You can go ahead and roll the CHA damage. It will help speed things up and rolling smothly:)

Terry PBP wrote:
Tyranius, should Grimnir have bothered with the ST roll vs Bewitching Brune since he is immune to fear effects, or should I have not added the +4? In other words, is it a fear effect since ti causes the shaken condition?

Correct. If immune to fear effects then no need to roll for them.

Dark Archive

@Grinner- Gotcha, This guy has a ridiculously low AC I didn't even think of looking at the fumble.

Grinner's spiriyual weapon manages to land a blow through the odd fog as it dissipates a small portion of it.

Will save: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8

The hungry dreamspawn begins to feel a bit of misfortune fall over it. Before being engulfed Terry leaps out of the way of the worst of the creature, though he is shaken and staggered from what he saw within the fog.

Instead of leaping out of the way Grimner decides to continue to smash at the vessel with his dwarven chain flail. The man doesn't move to avoid its path but weathers the blow as it tears through his ashen-gray skin.

Reigan leaps from the creature's path and loads in a special silver tipped bolt. Though with it not being magical it does minimal damage as the fog clings to the bolt. DR

As Reigan fires his crossbow the fog juts out from around the alley and envelops around his throat.

AoO Enveloping Mist vs Reigan AC Tch 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Misfortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Reigan quickly ducks behind a wall and avoids the fast mist.

Active buff/ debuff reminder
Aura (10 feet) Bewitching Brume Any creature within 10 feet of a dreamspun hungry fog or currently being affected by its enveloping mists must succeed at a DC 9 Will save at the start of that creature’s turn or become shaken for 1 round

Aura (10 feet) Discordant Feedback (Su): The dreamspawn creature’s psychic energy creates an eerie, shrieking feedback in the minds of living creatures in a 10-foot radius. Creatures within the aura take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws while in the area, and must make a successful DC 9 Will save or take 1d2 points of Charisma damage. Spellcasters who attempt to cast spells in the aura’s radius must make a concentration check with a DC 10.

Round 2
Grinner
Gerard (35/38; staggered)
Terry (40/43; staggered)
Grimner (61/64; staggered)

Reigan (33/36; staggered)
-----------------------------
Strange Fog Man (-53; misfortune)
-----------------------------


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

DM, please remember that I moved 30' away, so I am at full HP and am not staggered.

Gerard's best weapon was to pepper the creature with magic missiles. He hated using such weak magic, but his more powerful spells were useless here.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 3 = 11


Male L/N Human Magus/5 Swash(IB)/3 | HP: 56/56 | AC/FF/Tch: 27/21/16 23/18/15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F/R/W:+6/8/5 | Init: +15 6 | Speed 30 ft | Perc +11, Acro +8, Bluff +6, Intim +8, Kn Arcana +6, Kn Dung +6, KnEng +6, Kn Rel +6, SoH +10, Scraft +7, Stealth +10, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: Mount, Barkskin, Shield, Mirror Image (4 images), Long Arm

cha damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

No request for a reflex save this time so thats good. The shaken condition will have passed unless I miss this roll. +4 Aura of Courage, -2 Discordant
Will save at DC9 or be shaken: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 - 2 = 19
Much better. -2 from Discordant effects.
Will save at DC10 or lose cha: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 = 12

Now that that is out of the way, time to attack, -2 Discordant
+10-2/1d6+13 Rapier [crit 18-20/x2/+3 killer; P)

To hit: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Dang. Wanted a crit. Of course I always want a crit.

"Never saw a mummy like this. What did you say it was? Dreamspun mess?"

If he is attacked he will use the Dodging Panache ability to gain a boost to his AC. Not sure if it would be a +2 or a +1 after the cha loss.


Grimnir Hammerhand | Dwarf Paladin 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +10; R +4; W +8 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar: +13 (1d10+6) | Perc +11

My name is pretty close to Grinner, but it's Grimnir with an 'I' at the end (you're spelling it with an 'E'). I'm happy if everyone just wants to call me Hammerhand to keep it easy. Either that, or Grinner has to be Smiley.

Grimnir, despite being in the midst of the choking fog, continues swinging his weapon in wide arcs.

+1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d10 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 11 + (4) = 25
+1 Corrosive Dorn Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d10 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 11 + (3) = 24

Dark Archive

Yup- Got it in my notes at the house Gerard :)

Grimner and Terry continue to assault the fog from all sides as Gerard peppers more missiles through the thick haunting fog. Within seconds the shambling man falls to the ground and the fog rapidly dissipates into the air above where it vanishes.

With several of the Korvosan Guard slain and injured four officers warily arrive to collect their fellows and calm terrified citizens. Though standoffish at the supernatural nature of the events, they are also grateful for the groups assistance, for without it the creature would undeniably be continuing its rampage.

Looking over the corpse you find it in terrible condition. it is disturbingly ashen—almost colorless—and its head is wrenched backward, its jaw torn half-off by the dream-thing’s exit. In addition, the corpse’s left leg and arm have been eaten down to the bone—damage obviously not compatible with the hungry fog’s negative energy attacks—and the only clothing remaining are the torn and soiled shreds of a bright red silken undershirt.

Grimnir overhears one of the Korvosan officers whisper to one of his companions as he looks over from across the way. "Hogslop"

DC 15 Knowledge Local:
Hogslop is a derogatory term referring to hopeless drug users doomed to overdose and have their body fed to a drug den's pigs.

After a few minutes, the guards’ commander, Captain Cora Crandon arrives. Her bearing is severe and she consults with the other guards privately while keeping a wary eye on your group.

Dc 15 Perception:
You notice her asking the other guards, “You do recognize the corpse, don’t you?”

After a few nods, she approaches your group with a proposition: “My men tell me you can handle yourselves, and more would have died without your help. The city could use folks of your talent. If you are interested in helping us further, I can make the introductions you need to help keep the citizens of this district safe.”

Player Status:

Grinner
Gerard (38/38)
Terry (40/43; -1 Cha)
Grimnir (61/64)
Reigan (33/36)


Human (self Perfection) Psychic 8 | AC (17)13/13/13 | HP 50/50 | Phrenic Pool 6/day | F+7,R+4,W+10 | Init.0, Perc.+13 |

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"Captain, you seem to recognize the body. Care to fill us in? I believe our interests intertwine for the time being. I will help clear the streets here."

1 to 50 of 1,533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius House on Hook Street All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.