Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Tyranius Fugitive on the Red Planet (Starfinder)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A man of good looks and a confident comportment enters the dock area. He's quick with his smile, and acknowledges any who look his way. some people actively wave as if they know the man. It's likely true that they do, not as a Starfinder, but owner and operator of the Flaxseed Station cantina.

He's slight of build, though the contours of his graphite suite show off a toned physique. While his azimuth pistol is pretty standard, his dueling sword looks more like fashion than function.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Feeling their comm device begin to buzz on their right fore-limb, Xyroniel chirps excitedly, his mandibles clacking together in anticipation for another mission. Their last had taken them across the Star systems in search of destroyed ships and this one, he hoped, would prove as adventurous as the last.

Dashing out of the Flaxseed station and towards the dock, his recently retro-fitted armour squeaking softly as he runs, Xy Xy nearly bumps into a familiar face! Ah, ermm pet us not be too hasty he chides himself before snapping to attention before Conrad. The twitch of scarred tendrils the only outward sign of his thought-communication with the human.

"Greetings Master Castamir! I am Xyroniel, though feel free to call my Xy Xy." he pulses, his tone soft. "You are here for a journey to the red Planet?"

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

A young man walks in. He looks eager and excited. He carries a simple pistol and seems possibly underequipped for travel.

"Do you think we'll leave the station and Armada for this mission? I've never left the station before!"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

a small yoski comes drifting through the doors. "mmhmmhmmamhmm" he realizes hes trying to talk and chew on a random object he pulls it out"good day yall im Jed buy people call me nibbler. glad to see that there is another mission. i wonder what were doing on this planet and if they call it a red planet do you think its really red." Nibbler goes on and on and on until he finally goes back to chewing which seems the only way to shut him up.

Dark Archive

You are quickly summoned back to the Lorespire Complex by Venture Captain Arvin.

The doors to the office slide open with a soft pneumatic hiss. Inside is a well-lit and blue-carpeted office. Venture-Captain Arvin, a handsome and determined-looking damaya lashunta, sits behind a desk, his eyes riveted on a glassy display. After a heartbeat, he glances towards the open door and motions everyone to enter.

“Apologies, please come in. Be seated if you like, although this shouldn’t take long.” Arvin taps a button on a console and murmurs to a digital assistant, “Croyd, put everything on hold for a few minutes. If anyone calls, please explain I’m in mission briefing and I’ll get right back to them.” He then darkens the display to give his full attention.

“Right. I have an assignment for you. This one is a little a different than others you might have received.” He pauses before he explains, “It’s an internal matter."

“You’re probably aware that after the Scoured Stars incident many of our colleagues elected to leave the Society. That is unfortunate, but not surprising. We hate to lose good field agents, but no one is conscripted into our ranks. Normally we wish them well and that’s that. In this case, the defector, former field agent Reynald Talbot, stole an artifact from the Lorespire Complex before departing. Theft is where the Society draws the line; I need you to get that artifact back."

“Unfortunately, Talbot left weeks ago and we only discovered the theft in the last 24 hours. We launched an immediate investigation to determine the identity of the thief and their last known whereabouts. It’s our bad luck that Talbot was smart enough to get off the station and head to Akiton, where there’s no central government or law enforcement to easily call upon. I need you to track him down and recover the artifact. We know Talbot caught a shuttle to the Akitonian city of Maro, so that’s a great place to start. The Society will, of course, cover your travel expenses.”

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

"What kind of artifact are we talking about? How should we track him down?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

Nibbler walks in and admires the place for a min. When asked to sit he politely decides to stand. After listening to what the venture-captain and the questions from kai he adds. In a barrage of questions "what information do you have on this talbot. Lime what does he look like? What did he use to do here in the society? Do you want him dead or captured or do u not care what happens to him as long as you get this artifact? Do you know anything about this city of maro? Whats the weather like? What are the people like? Do u have anyone that we might be able to contact when we get there that might help?"
He passes to take a breath and wait for answers.

Dark Archive

Kai wrote:
"What kind of artifact are we talking about?"

“Good question, but the answer is complicated because it’s actually two questions: what the artifact is and what Talbot thinks it is. We’re operating under the assumption that Talbot thinks he’s stolen an object from old Golarion called a philosopher’s stone. Legend has it that the stone could transmute matter, among other properties. What Talbot actually stole was recently re-cataloged as a charlatan’s stone. It does something similar, except the effect is a potent illusion and only temporary. We think ancient con artists used to make false gold.”

Kai wrote:
"How should we track him down?"

"Seems he caught an Akitonian shuttle to the city of Maro. He has to be close by. That is why you are being hired. To track him down."

Jed wrote:
"what information do you have on this talbot. Lime what does he look like? What did he use to do here in the society? Do you want him dead or captured or do u not care what happens to him as long as you get this artifact? Do you know anything about this city of maro? Whats the weather like? What are the people like? Do u have anyone that we might be able to contact when we get there that might help?"

The Venture-Captain holds his hand up to cut Jed off. "That is a lot of questions and I will answer to the best of my ability. Though we have limited information."

“He’s smart, capable, a bit brash, and a reasonable field agent. Talbot is also self-entitled and ambitious. After the Scoured Stars incident, he expected to be promoted to venture-captain, but the Forum felt he needed more time. He got angry. We think this theft is retaliation.”

"Male human presumed to be around mid-thirties with shoulder length black hair."

“I want the stone back. Talbot’s not worth the expense of dragging back here, so you can do whatever you think is necessary with him. That said, you don’t have a license to go on a mass killing spree. Don’t make the Society look bad. It might be tough to do on Akiton, but don’t take that as a challenge.”

“Akiton has a thin atmosphere, and we don’t have the luxury of giving you weeks to get used to it. It would be smart to make sure you some way of coping with it, or some armor. Any armor, even the lighter sets, offsets the difference.”

Tiered Culture checks concerning Akiton

DC 10 Culture:
You know basic information about the Pact World of Akiton. It is smaller than the Golarion standard with ×1/3 gravity and a thin atmosphere. This means non-acclimated people, like you, can jump three times as high and carry three times the normal weight, although you gain no additional movement speed. Likewise, unless you wear any type of armor, you must succeed at hourly Fortitude saves or become fatigued. You also know Akiton suffered an economic crash when the revelation of Drift technology rendered the numerous pre-Drift fuels mined on Akiton virtually worthless.

DC 15 Culture:
Akiton is generally lawless, except for whatever laws a local authority might impose. Akiton survives on trade and commerce. Strangers find loyalty hard to come by, especially in the big cities. Newcomers are consequently likely to be observed and watched, especially if an organization believes it can take advantage of the strangers. If Talbot acted or did anything at all out of the ordinary, someone is likely to have noticed. To avoid being found, it is unlikely he stayed in Maro for more than a few days.

DC 20 Culture:
Wealth is hard to come by on Akiton. If Talbot fled to the red planet, he did so for a reason. It’s likely the ex-Starfinder had a plan, and that plan involved gaining a large number of credits. Given Akiton’s unstable economy, such a surge should be identifiable for those who “follow the money.”

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

culture: 10 + 10 = 20

"It may be easier to find him than you might think at first. Newcomers usually draw attention on Akiton. People will have noticed him; if we ask around at the right places, I bet we'll find someone who saw or heard about him. With Akiton's economy the way it is, if he's already started using the stone for some big transactions, we'll be able to trace him that way, too."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"well if this charliten stone does what you say then we should be able to follow the money if we move fast enough. Thats to say before it changes back into whatever ot was made out of. Lets hope some other organizarion hasnt taken it from him."

Nibbler shifts in place ready to get under way.

Dark Archive

"If you have no further questions then the shuttle for Akiton leaves in 20 minutes. Try not to miss it." Venture Captain Arvin holds his hand out to the door.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

Kai grins at the captain. [B]"I wouldn't miss it!"[b]

My first real mission!

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Apologies. Weekends have become difficult for me, but I promise, during the week I'll be posting full speed ahead."

Conrad nods, confident that his swagger will be enough. He jumps aboard the shuttle and settles in.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Listening to the briefing and nodding, the Shirren throws the captain a salute, before spinning on his heel and marching towards the indicated shuttle bay. It seems like his allies had heard several things regarding Akiton's current state of affairs which saved him the bother. As they move, Xy Xy checks over his gear and re-adjusts a few settings on his Graphite model armour to make it fit a little better. He also checks a strange pistol that was definitely not made on the station, it looks fairly archaic.

"I am ready, let us be off to the red planet." he sends as a thought through the minds of his colleagues. "It seems you will get your wish to leave the station."

Dark Archive

As everyone is ready and eager to depart the shuttle takes off from the Docking bay and slowly drifts it's way through and past the swirling Armada itself before entering the Drift.

The journey takes several hours but before you know it outside the observation windows floats Akiton, a world the color of blood, rust, and red clay. A thick shell of white caps both poles. The shuttle descends toward the planet, and a barely perceptible shift in gravity occurs as the ship’s artificial gravity begins to lessen and the planet’s natural gravity begins to take hold.

From suborbital heights, a handful of small towns, large complexes, and industrial sites that spew noxious fumes into the thin atmosphere surround the trench city of Maro. A spidery web of dirt roads scratched into the rust-colored ground by regular traffic connects these sites to the metropolis. Maro, the so-called City of Lights itself, comes into view as the ship begins its final descent. The city occupies more of a vertical space than horizontal, built into a six-mile-long section of trench that is half as deep and a half mile wide.

Entire neighborhoods and business districts are built into the walls, accessed by patio entrances. Lights, neon signs, and holographic advertising bejewel either side of this urban canyon, while an active spaceport and industrial zones occupy the ground level. As the shuttle lands, it does so beneath the backdrop of an immense mural of brightly glowing neon-green graffiti that reads in Common: “Git Out! Planet’s Broke!”

***

How do you want to proceed in investigating Talbot’s arrival?
Culture or Profession might be handy, and Diplomacy to ask around town could also work.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Staring at Akiton from the shuttle's reinforced windows, Xy Xy is intrigued by the Red planet, having never stepped foot on it before now. Vastly different from his homeworld Triaxus, the shirren disembarks the shuttle with a twitchof their mandibles showing unease.

"This place is surely destitute and I feel for the people here." he pulses to his allies. "Rumours of any sudden windfall should be on everyone's lips if there has been anything."

Connecting up to Akiton's computer network, Xy Xy begins to search for any recent news or idle chatter on any sudden improvements of fortunr or the like.

culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Conrad takes a deep breath in. It's not his neck of the woods, but it is home. "Let's see what we can drum up." The envoy strikes out, looking to gather information from the locals Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

"I've never been further from Absalom Station than a few jaunts through the armada." Kai confesses to his companions as they enter Akiton's atmosphere. He is visibly excited at the prospect of visiting even a dead rock like Akiton.

Once they exit the shuttle, Kai stamps his feet on the landing pad. "Real earth!" He exclaims.

Although he retains his excitement, he manages to focus on the mission at hand.

I'm not actually sure what the culture roll is supposed to represent, but with Conrad hitting up the bars, Kai will cover the culture angle.
culture: 10 + 10 = 20

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

A burly Ysoki lugging an ancient but meticulously maintained Veskarium reaction cannon scrambles down the ramp to catch up with the rest of the group. "Ah Akiton, home sweet home." Buster slaps a magazine into his reaction cannon and looks down the sights. "Hope you guys know how to take good care of your weapons; we might need 'em."

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

As Buster walks through the streets, he stops to pick up a piece of scrap from a broken comm unit, muttering to himself "Oohh, I can make a detonator out of this.

When Buster has a spare 10 minutes, he will put together a Shock Grenade Mk 1.

Grenade Expert (Ex):
You increase the range increment of your thrown grenades by 5 × your Strength bonus. In addition, you’re able to salvage enough materials to create a grenade without paying for it. Creating a grenade takes 10 minutes. You can create any grenade whose item level is less than or equal to your soldier level, but this grenade is unstable and only you can use it effectively. If anyone else tries to use the grenade, it is a dud. You can have only one grenade created by this ability at one time (if you create a new grenade using this ability, the old grenade no longer works).

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

Nibbler looming at the planet throught the windows of the shuttle his jaw konda goes loose and a piece of junk falls out of it. "this place looks beautiful from way up here." as the suttle comes through the atmoshpere and they land in the city. He goes jumping down the ramp excitedly repeating. "one small leep for yoski " and kinda laughing. Getting back on this misson nibbler will pick up his chew toy and head out with kai trying to get any information that he can.

diplo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster pats Nibbler on the back when he sees him. "Good to see another Ysoki on board. Us short guys gotta stick together."

Buster stops to think "The mission brief said something about Talbot maybe having a lot of creds to toss around. I could check out some of the local dives and see if anybody has been looking to hire muscle lately."

Profession(Mercenary): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Blinking at the two hyperactive Ysoki, Xyroniel has to pause for a moment to work out which one was which, for to his Shirren eyes they looked the same. With a soft feel of his tendrils, he reads their thought patterns to differentiate the two Ysoki.

He had no luck withthe Planet's computer systems, for it seemed the news was focused on the desperate and the downtrodden of late.

"Talbot may gave fake gold at his disposal. It may even be that he is unaware of the stone's false properties."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

does Telepathy give the ability to read minds? I thought it just let you speak into other people's minds. Isn't detect thoughts it's own spell?

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Yeah, telepathy allows for voluntary communication; not mind reading. It makes sense to me that Xy Xy could tell us apart better by our thought patterns than how we look. Especially since we had the exact same avatar before I changed mine. :)

Buster *thinks* at Xy Xy Save your mind-reading tricks for tactical purposes, bug. We might run into some some attractive Ysoki females here on Akiton and I don't need you reading my dirty thoughts.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

I'm not even sure telepathy allows a non-telepath to communicate back... Does it?

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

page 265:

Telepathy
A creature with the telepathy special ability can mentally
communicate with any other creature within a certain range
(specified in the creature’s description, though the range of
telepathy is usually 100 feet) that knows a language. It is
possible to address multiple creatures at once telepathically,
although maintaining a telepathic conversation with
more than one creature at a time is just as difficult as
simultaneously speaking and listening to multiple people at
the same time.

Limited Telepathy
Limited telepathy functions in the same manner as telepathy,
except that both the creature with the limited telepathy special
ability and the creature it is communicating with must have a
language in common.

This is pretty much what the rules are on it. Shirren's and Lashunta have limited telepathy.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

Nibbler kinda beams over to xy xy.
Hey stay out of there you might get lost and i dont wanna have to go looking for you." then kinda runs up to him and starts just cutting loose on a bunch of questions about his ability to comunicate that way.

Dark Archive

@Kai- The Culture roll represents the culture aspects of the area you are currently at. What you know of the area and how people are treated / act.

Kai hits the town and immediately hops onto the local news site. Sifting through a few pages on the local articles he finds something interesting. AbadarCorp, the largest corporation in the Pact Worlds, recently purchased a large amount of Drift engine fuel from the nearby town of Tasch. While the discovery of Drift engine fuel on Akiton is impressive, the fact that the AbadarCorp fleet that purchased the fuel is 2 days overdue for departure suggests something is likely amiss with the delivery.

Buster and Jed are able to confirm it as well.

Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Conrad spends nearly 4 hours speaking with locals and canvasing Maro in search of information about Reynald Talbot. Given the specific information he has, such as Talbot’s time of arrival and the specific shuttle he flew in on, it looks as if Talbot departed to small mining town called Tasch a few miles outside of Maro.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

As they gather together, Xy Xy listens to what allies have to offer with a nervous twitch of their mandibles. The Shirren was uneasy at the presence of such a large corporation overdue to leave after a business transaction. Perhaps this had nothing to do with Talbot, but there were too many signals for it to br simple coincidence.

"Hmm, mayhsps Talbot has entered a business deal eith Abadarcorp in Tasch. Though if they have used the stone in this deal it smells of trouble." they muse over the psychic link. "Shall we make our way to Tasch then? Unless anyone has any shopping to do."

The Shirren checks his gear is safe from dust contamination before setting off with thenothers to find transport once ready.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Well, let's get to Tasch and see what we can drum up. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried that Kai's info and mine were related..."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

"Yeah, let's hit the town and have a look around."

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster scratches his head, "I agree, it sounds like something is up in Tasch. I say we grab some grub and then catch a ride over there."

I could really go for some good BBQ or something. Eating ship rations is gettin' kinda old."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

"cheese i could go for cheese but anyway, yes lets get over to that t town and see whats going on"

Nibbler heads out to find some food and a transport.

Dark Archive

Grabbing a bite for the road Buster chews on a spike of barbecued meat as you easily catch a ride to the small mining town. Finding transportation isn't difficult as numerous vehicles seem to be going back and forth.

An elongated dune buggy transports you from Maro into the red dunes of Akiton’s surface. The journey only takes 2 hours, with the buggy stopping just outside the city limits before continuing to other peripheral towns.

A long dusty road, lined with single-story dwellings, runs through the town of Tasch. Some powered vehicles rest chained to their owner’s homes. A small general store stands near the center of town, illuminated by flickering white lights. Another building, full of locals, hosts a signpost that reads “Digger’s Dive”—clearly the town bar. Although the sun beats down on this desert town, its citizens meander around the bar in good cheer. Most are ysoki and humans, with the occasional lumbering four armed shobhad mingling among them.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

With a nod of thanks to the driver of the buggy, Xy Xy hops off their transport expecting tension of a sort. Thrown off guard by the casual nature of the town's inhabitants he clicks his mandibles thoughtfully as he surverys the scene before him. "Prosperous indeed if they can affors to be in the Bar in sunlight hours. Maybe the Corp have not got here yet?" he pulses to his allies.

"Either way, a cool brew is best for ridding oneself of travel aches. And we could find information from talk there?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

Nibbler excited to see more yoski goes running into the bar to blend in. In the bar he goes up to the bar and flags down the bartender. " my good man please come here i gots a question or two for ya. First what ya got on the menu for drinks and second how mich is it."

Once he is able to get his drink he meanders around to the other yoski and starts asking about abidarcorp.

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster stops to make some last minute checks on his weapon, including the improvised shock grenade he's storing in his cheek pouch.

"Alright guys, stay close to me. I'll hang back and watch our 6 while you guys go chat up the locals."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

Kai eyes Buster. "Watch our 6? Huh? Why are you checking your weapons? Do you think we're in danger?"

--

Kai approaches the bar and chats up the bartender. "Hello, I'm looking for someone that I think came through here recently. Do you think you could help me find him, or direct me to someone who can?"

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster grumbled at Kai: "Not all of us grew up in a happy gum drop space station where robots deliver you candy for breakfast and half the lifeforms aren't trying to eat you."

Buster looks up at the sky anxiously and shutters. "Let's get out of the open."

Dark Archive

Digger’s Dive is a single-story structure built using imported wood. There are no windows, but there are small rectangular openings in the exterior walls at ceiling height to allow for ventilation. The front entrance is a swinging waist-high wooden half-door. The ceiling is 15 feet high and strung with dim electric lights which provide dim light.

Faint electric lights dangle from the ceiling, while the open sky is visible from cracks between the planks that serve as a roof. The floor is solid wood. The interior walls and ceiling supports are mud brick, the latter being carved in a rare attempt at ornamentation. The tavern is divided in two halves by an energy field with an opening on the northern end. The bar lining the southern wall is open to either side, with a wall of half-empty bottles behind it. The tables are wooden and makeshift, but solid. The east end has square wooden platform about a foot above the floor. Two sets of double doors are built into the northern and southern walls on the west end, both ajar. A single closed door provides an exit behind the west end of the bar.

A sharp tongued Ysoki greets Jed and Kai at the bar as they order drinks. "We got Snakebite #9 on tap. How many you having? 1 credit each."

One of the locals waves his hand at the Ysoki. "I got the tab Podswald." The local looks to Buster before wandering into the crowd as he hollers out. "Thank Reynald Talbot for the extra credits!" The crowd lets out a cheer as they raise their glasses. "THE SAVIOR!" they all call out at once in response.

DC 14 Perception:
You notice an out-of-place presence of a shirren and two vesk bodyguards in the corner of the bar.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Striding into the bar, Xy Xy is thrown off by the force field seperating the seating space, it seemed odd in such a rustic establishment, but each to their own asthetics He supposed. About to order a drink, he is shocked for the second time when a stranger picks up the tab for them and groans inwardly as they discuss why. It eould seem Talbot had done some good here, though if the Corp had taken exception life would soon be troublesome for the locals.

"Th-thank you F-friend" he stammers awkwardly, speaking vocally for the first time around the group. He then raises his glass with the others to not seem rude. "T-as-ch is doi-ing well. W-what's the secret? It is the t-alk of the p-ort."

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 1 | SP 7 HP 10 | RP 4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Darkvision, Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Trick Attack, Survival (+4), 1d4

"Reynaldo Talbot? That just so happens to be the guy I'm looking for. Do any of you know where I could find him?"

perception: 10 + 5 = 15

As Kai glances at the surrounding bystanders, he does a double take at some of them in the corner. He taps the nearest fellow starfinder on the shoulder and mumbles in their ear, "Do those Shirren and Vesk in the corner look out of place to you?""

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 "I wouldn't have noticed them if you didn't point them out. Not sure."

Conrad knows an adoring crowd when he sees one, after all, he does own a popular bar, "This.... Savior thing is a bit.... unexpected."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 To a bar goer "Talbot the Savior? Do tell, I'm new around here, and looking to get to know the place."

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 1 |SP 7/7 HP 9/9|RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 16|Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +2| Init +2 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster tugs at Kai's sleeve so that he can whisper to him: "Yeah, I agree. The vesk look like hired muscle to me. I'm gonna try to get a closer look at them; see if this have any insignia or gear on them that might indicate who they are."

Profession (Mercenary): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Dark Archive

Kai wrote:
"Reynaldo Talbot? That just so happens to be the guy I'm looking for. Do any of you know where I could find him?"

Kai and Conrad move to questioning the crowd about Talbot. The townsfolk seem all too eager to spread their good fortune and even better word of Talbot around.

"Talbot, the Savior has a miraculous means of transmuting damned thasteron into a higher selling fuel! Can you believe that? The miners started excavating thasteron again for Talbot to transmute, which has already given us more credits than we know what to do with. Most of us before didn't even have jobs. And now all this." The man raises his cup into the air and another cheer erupts.

Another man at the bar looks over to Conrad. "Talbots been hanging around the nearby thasteron mine. Helping out all he can."

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16| RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I'm thinking about helping HIM out. I mean, he's got a great thing going for this place. Can you give me some directions? I'd like to make the trip out to impress him." Bluff: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 9 + (1) = 22

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Outlaw Ghost Operitive 1 EAC 15, KAC16 , Combat manuver AC24 hp 8, stamina 8, resolve 5 Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Init +9; Senses Perception +5

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Looking around he spots three people that seem quit out of place around here. He turns to the bar and orders a mug of snakebite for himself and one for each of the other three.

As he delivers the mugs to the people he tries to strick up a conversation with them. "rough day out there today maybe these will help. Say you guys lokking for work of do u have a job already?"

Dark Archive

The man points Conrad in the right direction as he draws out a crude stripmap on a stained bar napkin and hands it to him. "Jest a couple of miles down the way."

***

Meanwhile Jed grabs a few pints of Snakebite #9 and sets out to the far southwest table of the conjoined common room of Digger’s Dive to strike up conversation with the out of place Shirren and Vesk bodyguards. All three wear dark armor trimmed in silver.

The Shirren looks and Jed curiously and waves for the Ysoki to have a seat. Opening a mental link to Jed be casually introduces himself.

Jed:
"Welcome. Name is Philt. I represent the AbadorCorp, the largest corporate entity in the Pact Worlds."

The Shirren leans in closer.

Jed:
"I couldn't help but overhear you asking about Talbot. What's your interest in him?"

1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Fugitive on the Red Planet (Starfinder) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.