Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Sunrise Maiden
Space Loot


1 to 50 of 851 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here

Grand Lodge

Yeti

pew pew


!mooB

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The gentle hum of the shuttles engines reverberate through the vessel as you ride aboard the Okimoro Shuttle headed towards Absalom Station. Several days ago arrangements were made to meet with a Dwarven Starfinder named Duravor Kreel in Docking Bay 94. The message held promises from Kreel to show you around the station, help you get settled in, and hopefully facilitate your membership into the Starfinder Society.

Looking out the window shows the same inky blackness seen for some time now as the occasional star system flits past in the far distance like some sort of shooting star. Inside nearly every seat is filled as some return home from a job far away and others simply coming to enjoy a vacation of sorts. Near the front of the cabin sits a blue skinned android that calmly stares ahead, assigned as the cabin attendant. His exposed circuits glow with a dim red light as it pulses on and off while in rest mode.

The interior lights are dim halfway to allow those to sleep that wish to with individual lights for those that wish to continue business. A younger man in the front of the vessel has a flickering hologram of a small child talking excitedly in hushed tones as the child grows excited for his fathers return.

Just a brief introduction for a chance to introduce your characters or describe them. Once everyone is happy with their builds and checked in we will get moving. No hurry though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human

Status:
EAC: 13 KAC: 14 CM: 22
Resolve: 4/4 Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = None
Psychokinetic Hand = 2/3
Ranged: Attack: BAB +0, Dex +2 Damage: +0 Battery: 20
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +0, Str +0 Damage: +0
Messalina
EAC: 14 KAC: 14 CM: 22
HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = semi-automatic pistol
Conditions = None
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +3, Weapon Focus +1 Damage: +0 Rounds: 9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +1, Str -2 Damage: +0

The black bearded, bald but young man is average in many respects. Average build, brown/black eyes and hair, and human. He sits ramrod straight however, clearly he’s had some military background - or something like it - which might explain the haircut.

His equipment is relatively worn and while most of it seems to consist of various pieces of tech, there is a long azimuth laser rifle propped against his chair in easy reach. On the seat next to him is a drone of some sort, a small hovering variety, which he has partially in pieces as he improves some of its function.

He calls for the attendant in a low voice, "Attendant, water please." as he finishes his work and reassembles the drone.

He carefully wraps his kit and stows it in various pouches and pockets. He fumbles one of his laser spacers and it rolls under the chair near the front of the cabin. The stiff man gestures, and the tool comes rolling back and lifts up into his hands as he puts it carefully away...

Mysticism DC 15:
He cast Psychokinetic Hand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

The occasional chirping noise comes from a black Shirren on board as his mandibles click together subconsciously. His main limbs, stripped green like the rest of him, operate the computer in his lap while he occasionally looks around to the rest of the travelers, antennae waving around in a bored gesture. His dress is standard for a traveler: long purple coat, sturdy boots, and even a pair of Shirren style goggles sit around his neck. A couple small pistols rest casually at his waist and the pack at his feet seems stuffed with supplies with a titanium alloy cable coiled neatly along its side.

The clatter of something falling draws his attention and he watches the man retrieve his item with a mere gesture. His antennae stiffen, pointing in the humans direction and his mandibles clack again.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

A feeling of curiosity is projected into the bald mans mind, followed by a brief flash of the color yellow, and finally the echo of words spoken in common float around in his mind.

Interesting. How did you accomplish that? My mind tells me magic, but I do not recognize. Please. Tell me.


Human

The man looks around the cabin, trying to suss out who the telepath is. There are a few possibilities, so he thinks back simply,

Kcectic:
”Please raise your hand so I know to whom I speak. I go by Abe, who are you?”

Dark Archive

With a request the attendant whirls back to life, ending it's cycle of rest. Slowly and methodically the blue skinned android moves about the cabin, grabbing a metal pitcher of water and slowly moves down the aisles offering water from the pitcher to Abe. "Water as requested Sir?"


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

A few more clacking noises can be heard in the cabin while the Shirren considers his reply. Eventually the creature raises its left claw and attempts to replicate a wave, though he ends of moving his antenna more than his actual limb in the attempt to catch the humans attention.

I am Kcectic. The name comes both telepathically and vocally, though the actual sounds don't quite match up with what Abe hears in his head. A flash of a vibrant green and a feeling of excitement are followed by more thoughts from the giant bug. You may speak out loud if you wish. We do not consider it rude.

Thinking on his previous encounters with humans, the Shirren shuffles a little in his seat and faces Abe, unblinking compound eyes staring ahead at the human. Whether this is comforting for them, or unnerving, the insectile being is still not entirely sure.


Human

Abe thanks the android for the water. He drinks some, and sprinkles a little on a handkerchief which he uses to wipe his hands.

He turns over his shoulder to nod politely at Kcectic, though he does not meet his gaze well. Never did know what eye to look at on Shirren and they’re too far apart to see them both, he thinks to himself.

Kcectic:
”Telepathy is fine, no need to bother the others on the shuttle. Good to meet you Kcectic. The trick was just a Psychokinetic Hand. It’s something I can do a few times a day since I was a kid. I find it quite handy however, especially to reach bolts and tools that might fall into an engine or, as you saw, a laser spacer running away.”

”It’s nothing special though. There are some, those who specialize in such things, who can do it all day long. And more. Much more impressive.”
- - -

He smiles at the memory of things he has seen, though he’s staring at the headrest of the seat in front of him.


"%@#$ @$&#%!"

A voice swears from one of the seats nearby. It's the sort of curse that makes children ask awkward questions and parents cringe at the thought of answering them. As fate would have it a kasathan woman was passing in the aisle. She stands frozen with one hand covering her mouth in shock, one hand holding a wide eyed toddler, the last two covering the toddler's ear-slits. Shooing the toddler ahead, she hurries on, glaring back at the foul-mouthed android slouched in the seat. Pale, with brilliant red hair, he wears white shorts and a loose sun-faded blue shirt patterned with pink Triaxian dragons and tropical fan trees. Slumping back, he kicks his sandaled feet up on the headrest of the seat in front of him, jostling a big vesk sitting there.

"What?" He retorts when the vesk glares back at him. "Man, flying coach is for @ssholes!" He looks around at the other @ssholes nearby. "Hey, you ever been to Triaxus?" He asks the one in the seat beside him. Obviously not caring for an answer, or even acknowledgement, he continues chatting away. "There are some islands there, off the coast of Preita, remote and desolate, where you could live like a f@&ing king on a halfling's handful of credits a day. F$&% yeah... Black sand, smooth as velvet, big warm sun, water like blue diamonds. Volcanic gas makes the air unbreathable, but breathing is overrated. I spent the whole summer there, 28,847 f@&$ing days, soaking up solar on the beach. Ahh, that was the life, yo!"

The android gives a sentimental sigh, then a sigh of annoyance. Winter had come to Triaxus, and he was down to his last few chips. Time to get back to work.


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

The old ysoki paces up and down the shuttle with a good hitch in his gate, his walking stick clanging along with his steps. He just can't sit still for the flight and wants to stretch his legs.

His cane is not his pride. It's a mighty fine cane, and the color computer cables wrapped around the handle are one of his prides. He made it himself, it's a good cane.

No, his pride is something he can't even see, touch, taste, or truly know: he knows that Triune has use for him. He knows this because he knows this and because he can see it in the stars. And because he knows this, he is impatient. He can't spend time sitting around doing nothing when there are things to do. No, no. Brigh wouldn't like that at all. Brigh likes to keep things moving, and so does Vetch.

* * *

Vetch stops his pacing to adjust some of the multi-hued cabling that wraps his arms, legs, & torso. Wraps that bind his armor to his body, but also signify his devotion to what ysoki and computer can do together. With his bindings, Vetch aims to be an avatar for the connection of flesh and computer.

He walks all the way up to the cockpit and stares at the door for a moment, as if hoping they had just arrived at their destination. Then, he spins on his good foot, and walks again down the cabin...his cane clacking along with his feet.

He smiles at many, joy in his heart and a smirk in his eyes. He knows things. He is being called.


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

Fascinating! You have always had this skill? You do not -BLACK- know it's -RED- source?

As Kcectic communicates with Abe an overwhelming sense of color and aggravation fire in his head simultaneously with the passenger cursing a few seats away. His antenna stiffen and and whip back and forth for a moment as his head turns, searching for the source of all the expletives.

Apologies. I was unable to concentrate because of that ones loud outbursts. Please forgive me for the uncomfortable sensation you may have felt.

The conversation with Abe had been kept mostly private, but the last outburst was broadcast to the whole cabin in a passive aggressive display of telepathy as his mandible clack together quickly tik-tik-tik-tik in an obvious display of irritation.

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker Solarion 1 St: 15/15 HP: 17/17 Rv: 2/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 11 | F +3 R +2 W +3 | Perc +3

An obvious spacefarer, wearing a mix of armor panels and leather coat, the male lashunta reclines back in his seat watching the other passengers wandering about. A mote of true darkness hovers nearby, spinning slightly, like a tiny black hole.

His slicked back hair highlights a pair of antennae that occasionally sway about, as if searching for something. He occasionally pulls out a data pad displaying information about the Starfinder Society, and looks through it yet again.

'Adventure and exploration, see far away worlds and get the training you need...' well, we are about to find out if it's as good as it claims.


The android makes a face like someone just served him warm Fullbright ice tea. "Whoever the thought molester is, keep yer dirty mind to yourself! F@$%. Who knows where it's been."


Human

Abe smiles into the back of the chair as several heads swivel and the android ratchets up the annoyance level in the cabin.

Kcectic:
”I think you're leaking there, but it does not bother me. Is the flight bothering you?" he asks rhetorically.

"Anyway, I grew up on Castrovel. Many of my lashunta classmates could do the same thing so I thought nothing of it. It was one less thing that set me apart strangely enough, though it does set me apart from other humans."

Amiably, he asks, "But what about you? You have any oddities that set you apart from the herd of your people? What makes you unique?"
- - -


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

Vetch kneels down to re-wrap the red Cat 5k cable around his right leg, then the bright blue cabling below that. His cane clunks as he puts it down next to him so he has two hands free.

He smiles as he does this, knowing that his flair, the connection between the living and technology. He checks his other wiring...the yellow, red, and orange bands that hangs at his meager biceps. Similar bands of colorful cables surround his waist, chest, calves, and ankles...sort of a badge of office or statement of principle.

He looks around the shuttle, wondering how the others are so calm and contained during the 'long' trip. He picks up his cane and uses it force himself to standing.

And returns to pacing up and down the cabin. His backpack is not too full. Upon reaching the cockpit, he speaks to the pilot.

"Hey! How much longer? Shouldn't we be there by now?" Vetch asks, quite certain if he was piloting that they would be there now.

Dark Archive

Looks like everyone checked in and is ready to go. Soryn choosing armor and Darkness it looks like. :). Let's kick this into Hyperdrive then!

As Vetch speaks with the pilot he turns to look at the Ysoki in amazement and smiles. Drawing Vetches eyes with a movement from his hand Vetch notices the pilot isn't responding to him as he taps an earpiece and seems to be communicating through that instead. Once finished the Pilot points through the screen in front where in the short distance lies the Mega-structure of Absalom Station itself.

"Just a couple more hours."

Seen from above, Absalom Station is shaped roughly like an asymmetrical, six-pointed star spreading out in a flat plane from the Eye, the huge central dome that encloses a cluster of skyscrapers surrounded by shockingly green parks. More towers and neighborhoods, collectively called the Ring, partially fill the gaps between the station’s arms, and a single tapering pillar called the Spike drops down from the station’s central disk. Altogether, Absalom Station is only 5 miles across, yet its three-dimensional structure means it can house upward of 2 million people and still be easy for the uninitiated to get lost in or find themselves alone in rarely visited corridors. The four main regions are the Arms, The Eye, The Ring and the Spike.

The next couple of hours seem to go by a lot more calmly as the android attendant prepares the shuttle for arrival to Docking Bay 94. The engines wind down to a halt as the shuttle jerks into position withing one of scores of docking bays occupying the starlike arms that encircle Absalom Station’s equator. Final docking procedures take a few minutes as the pilot flips several switches and shuts the engines down.

The attendant stands and works to get the shuttles door open and pleasantly smiles. "Welcome to Absalom Station."

The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering starpilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station. Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and baggage. A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.

DC 5 Perception:
You see the dwarven Starfinder contact, Duravor Kreel, through the crowd in the middle of the docking bay. Kreel is tall and lanky for a dwarf, with a bristly, iron-gray beard and deep-set eyes beneath bushy eyebrows. With his patched and stained coveralls, the dwarf looks like just another dockworker, but a badge bearing the symbol of the Starfinder Society stands out on his chest. Kreel checks the computer he’s holding and looks up to scan the crowd.

DC 15 Perception:
You also notice two groups of people on the fringes of the docking bay furtively taking up defensive positions among stacks of cargo crates and machinery. You get a surprise round action. Tactical Map is above.

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker Solarion 1 St: 15/15 HP: 17/17 Rv: 2/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 11 | F +3 R +2 W +3 | Perc +3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Oh, no! Already? Remember your training.

Soryn moves into action, attuning himself to the photons surrounding him, and he grabs his mote of darkness and feels it transform in to a large stick.

"Heads up, Kreel!" he shouts.


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

"Are you sure you're using your thrusters, correctly," was what Vetch was about to say to the pilot as they arrive at Absalom Station. He is sure he could have got the shuttle there much more quickly, but doesn't feel the need to harp on that anymore now that they have arrived.

"Ah, thanks for not running into an asteroid," Vetch says thankfully as he moves to disembark. He limps carefully along, his club clanking along with his toeless left foot.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Perception

Ah, Kreel! Good, good.

Vetch begins to limp towards a particular dwarf in the crowd. He makes sure his starstone compass hangs in plain view from his neck.


Human

Round: surprise

Status:
EAC: 13 KAC: 14 CM: 22
Resolve: 4/4 Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = azmuth laser rifle
Conditions = None
Psychokinetic Hand = 2/3
Ranged: Attack: BAB +0, Dex +2 Damage: +0 Battery: 20
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +0, Str +0 Damage: +0
Messalina
EAC: 14 KAC: 14 CM: 22
HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = semi-automatic pistol
Conditions = None
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +3, Weapon Focus +1 Damage: +0 Rounds: 9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +1, Str -2 Damage: +0

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Abe stretches his legs and works out the kinks before collecting his gear - pack, rifle, and drone - and heading off the craft. Once off the ship, he releases the drone as much because it's heavy as anything else.

He stretches again when a few things catch his eye, he whistles brightly as he slings his longarm off his shoulder arming himself and points at one of the groups to the left with his hand, "Kcectic, that doesn't look normal, watch yourself, there could be trouble."

My drone should also have an icon please as it's usually zipping around out there. This (link) isn't a great picture, but it's something if you want to use it.


Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The android strides off the ship, stretching his artificial limbs as he clears the door and steps into the bay. "Triune! This place smells like a million bu##holes farted at once. Someone light a laser."

He looks up when he hears someone call out to warn Kreel, and spots him in the crowd, then notices trouble gathering nearby.

"Oh sh!t.."
They found me!

The android dives for cover and begins clawing in his bag.

I moved to what looks like some sort of cover, and dropping prone.


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

All Shirren are unique. It is our greatest strength....
Kcectic continues some polite conversation with Abe, refraining from any more passive aggression, and eventually moves back to his own tasks. He occasionally looks out toward space and his antennae seem to relax and move limply around his head. He clocks down the time to dock in his head, holding up his starstone compass to double check his calculations.

As the ship finally docks on the station he easily spots his contact and is about to reach out mentally when Abe catches his attention. Confirming what the human sees Kcectic clacks his mandibles in irritation as he considers his options.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Ysoki! You wander into trouble! He calls out to Vetch, hoping the elderly man can react in time while his own claw drops to the pulsecaster pistol at his side and draws it.

Move action to draw weapon.

Dark Archive

The dwarf notices Vetch and raises a hand in greeting and gives him a friendly smile. Before Vetch can return the greeting, however, the air is suddenly filled with laser blasts as two groups open fire on each other. Bystanders scream and flee in terror, diving for cover or milling about frantically. Kreel freezes, paralyzed with fear, leaving Vetch out in the open while Dash dives down behind a power terminal. Soryn and Kcectic sense trouble in the air and quickly produce weapons just as Abe sends his drone into whirling into the air.

Init:

Abe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Vetch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Soryn: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Kcectic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Gang Members: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

GM Rolls:
GM Rolls Surprise Round Blue 1(Abe; Dash; Vetch; Soryn; Kcectic: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 5, 2) = 19
GM Rolls Round 1 (Abe; Dash; Vetch; Soryn; Kcectic: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2, 6) = 21

Red 1 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Green 1 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Blue 1 Azimuth Laser Pistol vs Vetch FF EAC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Green 2 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Blue 2 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Lasers zip all across the docking bay as one of the gang members is struck in the shoulder and Vetch catches a blast near his thigh but comes out with a black streak and singes in his clothing from the close call. Hits but stamina takes the hit.

During the panic and chaos a laser beam hits Kreel. The dwarf falls to the floor without a sound and does not move. Several other bolts strike nearby crates and luggage racks.

Round 1
Dash
-------------------------
Gang Members (Green 2 -4)
-------------------------
Abe
Kcectic
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8)
Soryn


Human

Round: 1, Initiative: 13

Status:
EAC: 13 KAC: 14 CM: 22
Resolve: 4/4 Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = azmuth laser rifle
Conditions = None
Psychokinetic Hand = 2/3
Ranged: Attack: BAB +0, Dex +2 Damage: +0 Battery: 19/20
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +0, Str +0 Damage: +0
Messalina
EAC: 14 KAC: 14 CM: 22
HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = semi-automatic pistol
Conditions = None
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +3, Weapon Focus +1 Damage: +0 Rounds: 8/9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +1, Str -2 Damage: +0

He sends his drone, Messalina, to shoot the enemy (blue on the right) (move action) as he lines up the same target.

azmuth laser rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 damage(F): 1d8 ⇒ 2

Messalina moves a little toward the target and shoots!
semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage(P): 1d6 ⇒ 6

”Man down!” he gestures to the dwarf hoping that someone with more skill than he can do something to help.


The android cringes at all the laser blasts, and is surpised when none of them seem aimed at him. Rising to a crouch, he peeks over the top of the canisters he's hiding behind, and spots Kreel keeled over.

"Epoch Cass!" He swears, using two names of the robot god Triune. "They're shooting at everyone... F*#%! It's like Old Alkenstar in this place!"

Seeing no way out that doesn't send him through the line of fire, he looks up and concentrates, his mind grabbing at invisible photons floating freely nearby. Like a puzzle, he pulls them together, turning them to catch the light and reflect it like a hard object. It's a simple spell, one used by first term technomages for a little hand-time. Not that he ever used it that way...
well...
At least, not often.
It was a deserted island, with no one else around...
For a long time.

Suddenly a drone rises up from behind some nearby crates, a big-a$$ tactical autobeam swiveling below it, seeking targets on the right flank.

Stand up, then cast Holographic Image 1 Will DC 14 disbelieve.
School illusion
Casting Time 1 standard action
Saving Throw Will disbelief; Spell Resistance no You weave nearby photons into illusory holograms that can take almost any form you can imagine. These holograms are usually effective against cameras, robots, and living creatures.
When you cast holographic image as a 1st-level spell, it produces a purely visual hologram at long range (400 feet + 40 feet/level). The image has no sound, smell, texture, or temperature. The image can’t extend beyond four 10-foot cubes plus one 10-foot cube per caster level. The image lasts for as long as you concentrate. You can move the image within the limits of the size of the effect.

BS drone image added to map.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"S$@%! Security is here!..." One of the men shouts.
"No way they got here that fast Zed! Take it down." Another calls out as the entire eastern side focuses fire on the drone while placing their backs against the crates as they are also taking fire from the western gang members as they move in.

Red 1 Azimuth Laser Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Blue 1 Azimuth Laser Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8

Red 2 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Will Save DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Red 2 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Will Save DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Red 2 Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Will Save DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The center gang member on the eastern side takes another hit as a laser bolt strikes the crates in front of him, burning a hole on his hand.

"They're everywhere. Game Over Man..."

With focused fire the trio blast into the drone. All three lasers tear into the drone but it doesn't seem to falter of go down as small wisps of smoke rise from the damaged circuits.

Abe and his drone place some fire down on the eastern front as well but seems to only hit the baggage cart as the man ducks low giving him just enough cover.

Round 2
Dash
-------------------------
Gang Members (Green 2 -6)
-------------------------
Round 1
Abe
Kcectic
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8)
Soryn


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

Seeing Kreel go down, Kcectic clicks with concern while trying to take in the situation. Seeing the eastern thugs taking a majority of the fire, he tries to even out the playing field, so crossing to the dwarf might be easier.

He reaches out with his mind, searching for vulnerabilities in the mind of the closest thug, gathering as much energy as he can he floods the humans senses with color and sensation, trying to stun him briefly.

Daze Will DC 13 on West Blue or stunned 1 Round

If successful he takes cover near the stunned target current location, if not he'll move eastward toward Abe to assist if he can.


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

Round 2, Init 11

Vetch takes the hit, rolling into the blast that makes his limp worse. He limps hurriedly to Kreel, falling prone to take cover behind the man dwarf. Double move. Free action to drop prone.

What the in Gapspan!? Vetch takes a look around, trying to figure out why he's being shot and what is going on.

"Kreel? You okay? Kreel!?" Vetch pokes the dwarf, hoping for signs of life.

Why are they shooting at me? Who in the nullvoid do they think I am?

Prone EAC = 19; +4 cover to some.

K'Vetchings:

S: 1/6 HP: 8/8 R: 4/4
EAC: 15 KAC: 16 CMD: 24
Fort: +0 Ref: +3 Will: +5

Right Hand: Club
Left Hand:
Mouth: Serum of Healing, Frag Grenade

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20-1[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6[/dice] damage

Ranged: [ dice]1d20+3[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(F)]1d4[/dice] damage

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker Solarion 1 St: 15/15 HP: 17/17 Rv: 2/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 11 | F +3 R +2 W +3 | Perc +3

Soryn stays low as he serpentines his way across the firefight and along side a crate opposite one of the combatants.

Double move, stay attuned to photons for round 2. Can I tell which side shot Kreel? Does it even appear he was a target, or does this look like a gang fight?

Dark Archive

During the choas it was hard to tell which side shot Kreel. It doesn't appear from this that he was a target, just a bunch of innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire of a gang war.

Kcectic barrels towards the crates as a man pokes his head up to fire another volley of laser fire.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The man quickly drops back down behind the crates as his head rolls back, with a crack hear as he smacks his laser pistol and head against the metal box.

Through all of the laser fire Vetch hobbles near Kreel and drops down prone beside the dwarf, using the dwarf's body for cover. Shaking Kreel causes the dwarf's head to roll to the side revealing a hole burned completely through his neck from the laser beam. His eyes remain unblinking as Kreel has passed from this realm to the next.

Soryn winds his way through the crossfire and places his back to the crates, leaving himself exposed to the western half of the firefight. In an area one would call the kill zone.

Round 2
Dash-Prone
-------------------------
Gang Members (E Green -6)(W Blue- dazed)
-------------------------
Round 1
Abe
Kcectic
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8; Prone)
Soryn


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

Oh Triune! He's dead!

Vetch looks to see if Kreel has a firearm or any grenades upon his person.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bold keeping a frag grenade in your mouth pouch Vetch hehe. Hmm.
I think I have something stuck in my teeth. *Click* Uh oh!
*BOOM!

Dark Archive

Looking Kreel over Vetch finds little more than the dwarf's personal computer he was looking at just before the firefight began.


Dash stood last round.

Crossing to some crates, the android keeps focus on the hologram, making it seem to glitch for a moment from the shots fired into it, then swivel the gun again in the direction of the thugs.

With some of the laser-psychos occupied, the android peeks around his cover, trying to get a look at Kreel. Noticing another has foolishly braved the open space to check on him, he calls out. "Hey, ysoki! How's he looking?!"

Concentrate on illusion. Move to new cover.

Dark Archive

GM Rolls Round 2:
GM Rolls Round 1 (Abe; Dash; Vetch; Soryn; Kcectic): 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 1, 6) = 17

"We got 'em now. The Kings are going down!" Shouts from the western gang rises over the blasts of laser fire.

Dash moves in behind a loading cart and ducks down getting some form of protection as he maintains his illusion.

Overwhelmed by the drone the eastern gang member does what he can to fend off the drone support as one of his comrades moves into position to lay down suppressive fire.

Eastern Blue Laser Azimuth Pistol vs Drone: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

The laser burns through one of the thrusters keeping it in the air but it manages to stay afloat nonetheless.

Seeing Soryn coming up on him so close the thug raises his laser pistol up over the crate to fire at Soryn's chest.

Eastern Green Laser Azimuth Pistol vs Soryn EAC 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The laser sizzles against his armor as the xenoseeker ducks down just in time, feeling the heat against his neck.

The western front cheers excitedly as they continue to stay focused and fire on the eastern gang members while one shakes his head clear of the bright lights. "Damned mods are going haywire again." he taps his head.

Each is taking the full-round attack for 2 attacks each at -4 penalty.

Western Green Laser Azimuth Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Western Green Laser Azimuth Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Western Red Laser Azimuth Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 20
Crit Damage!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6
Burn Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Western Red Laser Azimuth Pistol; distance: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

With the suppressive fire only one bolt makes it past Soryn and strikes a critical circuit on the eastern man's green vest as it short circuits, sparking and bursts into flames. The man screams in pain as he succumbs to the flames and collapses to the ground. His armor melting into his flesh as the noxious smell rises into the air, mixing with the smell of burnt ozone.

Round 3
Dash
-------------------------
Gang Members
-------------------------
Round 2
Abe
Kcectic
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8; Prone)
Soryn (S 6/8; HP 11/11)


Human

Round: 2, Initiative: 13

Status:
EAC: 13 KAC: 14 CM: 22
Resolve: 4/4 Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = azmuth laser rifle
Conditions = None
Psychokinetic Hand = 2/3
Ranged: Attack: BAB +0, Dex +2 Damage: +0 Battery: 18/20
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +0, Str +0 Damage: +0
Messalina (5’ up)
EAC: 14 KAC: 14 CM: 22
HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = semi-automatic pistol
Conditions = None
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +3, Weapon Focus +1 Damage: +0 Rounds: 7/9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +1, Str -2 Damage: +0

Abe continues to focus on the same foe, trying to focus fire (blue on the right). He continues to press Messalina to shoot the enemy as well (move action).

azmuth laser rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 damage(F): 1d8 ⇒ 8

Messalina moves a little more toward the target and shoots as she elevates (to 5’ up)!
semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage(P): 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

Round 3, Init 11

Dash wrote:
"Hey Ysoki!"

Vetch whips his head around to stare at the voice, recognizing the man from the shuttle. He shakes his head as he closes the eyes of Kreel before the rigor in the open position.

He sighs and looks for an escape from the fight he finds himself in. He kips from prone as a swift (racial) action.

He runs to where he saw the guy die and where it stinks of burnt flesh, squeezing though (or climbing over...lots of movement) to get behind cover. When there, he goes prone again.

Prone EAC = 19; +4 cover to some, total cover to others.

K'Vetchings:

S: 1/6 HP: 8/8 R: 4/4
EAC: 15 KAC: 16 CMD: 24
Fort: +0 Ref: +3 Will: +5

Right Hand: Club
Left Hand:
Mouth: Serum of Healing, Frag Grenade

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20-1[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6[/dice] damage

Ranged: [ dice]1d20+3[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(F)]1d4[/dice] damage


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"F$&% me..." The android says. Staying low, he moves back along the baggage cart, one hand trailing along the side of the vehicle, drawing heat from the energy cells in all the shavers and sex toys stowed away within. Refocusing his attention allows the photons making up the drone dissipate, which is a shame, but unavoidable. The hologram was doing a good job of distracting some of the gang thugs, but it wasn't going to end this fight. As he rounds the front of the car at the lead he releases the energy in a blast of heat at the thug in blue.

Overheat Reflex DC 14 1/2: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12

Overheat Information:

Level 1
School evocation (fire)
Casting Time 1 standard action
Range 15 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes
You collect the heat generated by nearby bodies and devices and vent it outward in a thermal wave, dealing 2d8 fire damage to creatures and objects in the area.

Dark Archive

Abe levels his rifle and wings the eastern man wearing blue. Sending a scorching hole through his shoulder. "Damned 21'ers got me Jet!" He grips his shoulder but not before the drone sends old fashioned brass into his chest, causing him to cough up blood.

Vetch moves out from cover and dives over the cylinders, ducking into the corner getting cover from all sides as he goes prone once again.

The air around Dash grows cold for but an instant as all heat seems to draw to the android. Only to be expelled in a gout of flame that washes over the bleeding gang member, just below Abe's drone.

Reflex DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

It isn't enough as the man bellows in pain and fear as his flesh is melted into a gooey mess before he succumbs to his injuries.

Round 3
Dash
-------------------------
Gang Members
-------------------------
Round 2
Abe
Kcectic
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8; Prone)
Soryn (S 6/8; HP 11/11)


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

Knowing he doesn't likely have very long before the dazed thug realizes he's there so instead of sitting there to be shot at he launches himself over the crates he's next too and makes for cover behind the western set of thugs.

His pulsecaster still in hand, he levels it at the thug and fires it, hoping to draw fire off of Abe and Kreel if he still lives.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 2Non-lethal

He wants to know if Kreel is alive but Abe and the others who seemed to recognize the dwarf were all outside his telepathy range.


The android fans away smoke from the char-broiled gangbanger. "Hey waiter! I ordered medium-rare, not well done."

Did I just overkill that poor bastard?

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker Solarion 1 St: 15/15 HP: 17/17 Rv: 2/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 11 | F +3 R +2 W +3 | Perc +3

Soryn moves wide to the north to come up alongside one of the gang members, avoiding the AoO, and says "What the heck are you doing starting a fire fight in a populated area?!?"

Using the dark-mote weapon in his hands, he swings to knock the guy out.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Oh ya. You guys gunned him down then nuked him with 2 hp left.

Hopping past the crates Kcectic leves his pistol and discharges a small blast of electricity. ZZZACKAP! The discharge misses as the man spins around wide eyed, nearly knocking the crate over. "The hells! One of 'em got bold!"

Soryn sneaks around the shipping crates on the opposite end and slams his dark mote club into the remaining gangbangers shoulder.

GM Rolls:
GM Rolls Round 1 (Abe; Dash; Vetch; Soryn; Kcectic): 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 1, 1) = 9

All of the gang members turn their sights on the interlopers interfering in their assault.

West Blue Azimuth Laser Pistol vs Kcectic EAC 13: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

West Blue Azimuth Laser Pistol vs Kcectic EAC 13: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3

Kcectic takes a bolt to the chest as he miscalculated his choice in a frontal assault.

West Green Azimuth Laser Pistol vs Abe EAC 13: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4

West Green Azimuth Laser Pistol vs Abe EAC 13: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Damage Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

A laser bolt strikes right into Abe's boot, melting a portion of it

Having no sights on the rat the western gang member wearing a red cloth over his mouth fires on his only remaining rival.

Western Red Azimuth Laser Pistol; Distance: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13

The bolt misses due to the slight bit of cover he maintains. The eastern gang member drops his pistol and draws a crude metal pipe Club. and swings it at Soryn.

Eastern Red Club vs Soryn KAC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Soryn sidesteps the pipe as it smacks against the wooden crate breaking off a piece of the wood.

Round 4
Dash
-------------------------
Gang Members (East red -4)
-------------------------
Round 3
Abe (S 3/7; HP 10/10)
Kcectic (S 3/8; HP 12/12)
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8; Prone)
Soryn (S 6/8; HP 11/11)


Shirren
Stats:
SP 24/24 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +7
Skills:
Culture+8/Diplo+7/LifeSci+5/Myst+9/Pilot+13/Survival+7

Kcectic clicks his mandibles in irritation and fires his pulsecaster again, this time successfully I assume.
Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Non-Lethal

Having already taken a shot to the chest, Kcectic looks for some better cover and hops over the barrels near by, hoping it'll protect him from any other shots blue might send his way.


Human

Round: 3, Initiative: 13

Status:
EAC: 13 KAC: 14 CM: 22
Resolve: 4/4 Stamina: 3/7 HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = azmuth laser rifle
Conditions = None
Psychokinetic Hand = 2/3
Ranged: Attack: BAB +0, Dex +2 Damage: +0 Battery: 17/20
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +0, Str +0 Damage: +0
Messalina (5’ up)
EAC: 14 KAC: 14 CM: 22
HP: 10/10
Weapon Equipped = semi-automatic pistol
Conditions = None
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +3, Weapon Focus +1 Damage: +0 Rounds: 7/9
Melee/Thrown: Attack: BAB +1, Str -2 Damage: +0

Now that Abe is come under fire, he moves to some cover, but continues to fire on the blue figure to help Kcectic finish him off.

azmuth laser rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage(F): 1d8 ⇒ 2

Messalina crosses the field, only able to move this round.*

* Limited AI:
Each round on your turn, after you have acted, your drone can take either a move action or a standard action to attack (your drone doesn’t make a separate initiative roll). You must be able to issue simple commands to your drone, but you don’t have to spend actions to issue these commands. To receive these commands, your drone must be able to see or hear you or be within range of your custom rig. If you become unconscious or otherwise unresponsive, or if your drone is ever out of range, your drone cannot take any actions until you are again able to command it or it is once more within range.


Male Ysoki Mystic 3

Round 5, Init 11

Vetch picks up the fallen goon's gun (azimuth pistol) and checks the charges (move action) and sneaks around to see if he can get a shot in at a foe.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 stealth

What the heck is going on out there!? He goes prone as he looks at the battlefield.

Prone EAC = 19; +4 cover to some, total cover to others.

K'Vetchings:

S: 1/6 HP: 8/8 R: 4/4
EAC: 15 KAC: 16 CMD: 24
Fort: +0 Ref: +3 Will: +5

Right Hand: Club
Left Hand:
Mouth: Serum of Healing, Frag Grenade

Melee: [ dice=Club]1d20-1[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(B)]1d6[/dice] damage

Ranged: [ dice]1d20+3[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=(F)]1d4[/dice] damage

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker Solarion 1 St: 15/15 HP: 17/17 Rv: 2/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 11 | F +3 R +2 W +3 | Perc +3

Soryn looks at the kid with the club and makes an attempt to just scare him off rather than having to cause him much harm.

"Look, kid - your pals are dying out there. Why don't you scurry home and save you skin for another day?"

Demoralize/Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

With lasers still flying about the Android jumps in the baggage car and looks for the controls, trying to shift it in reverse.

not sure this is possible, but I'd like to try and use the cart as cover and back it across the bay. Maybe crash it into the red gangbanger.
Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dark Archive

Abe fires a single laser blast over the carts and into the thug's shoulder, causing him to lurch forward as Soryn.

Meanwhile on the opposite end Kcectic faces the opposing gang all on his own as he tasers one from the safety of his charging stations.

Vetch continues to scamper around the outskirts to figure out exactly what in the worlds in happening.

Soryn attempts to reason through fear which only causes the thug to laugh at him.

"This ain't yer fight. Get outta here before you get hurt too bad old man."

Hoping in the baggage cart Dash quickly figures the controls out and spins it around, slamming it into the crate near Soryn. The wooden crate slams to the side as the cart runs up and over the thug getting ready to club Soryn, knocking the man unconscious and bleeding as his leg is twisted around at a scary angle.

From the middle of the room a blast is heard followed quickly by a pair of blinding lights as several flash grenades go off all over the room. Several bystanders cower and cover their eyes as yours readjust. Coming back into focus you quickly notice that the remaining gang members have stopped fighting and quickly fled the docking bay. Station Security finally arrives, though too late to join the fight.

Circling the perimeter they notice you all with weapons drawn and point their arc emitters at you all ready to stun.

"PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND GET ON THE GROUND!" One shouts out a command as they seem to be on edge coming into the middle of a gang war.

Player Status:

Dash
Abe (S 3/7; HP 10/10)
Kcectic (S 3/8; HP 12/12)
Vetch (S 1/6; HP 8/8; Prone)
Soryn (S 6/8; HP 11/11)

1 to 50 of 851 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Dead Suns AP (Starfinder) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.