Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Tyranius Claim to Salvation (Starfinder) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Space Combat Cheatsheets
Pregens


1 to 50 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Thanks for having me. This will be my first Starfinder experience.

Dataphiles

Init: +7; Perc +4 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC: 13, KAC: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Laser rifle, azimuth +3 (1d8 F; critical burn 1d6)
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Athletics +4, Computers +8 (1 rank), Engineering +8 (1 rank), Life Science +7, Medicine +7, Piloting +7 (+10 if Memory Module is active)

Same here. What does dot mean by the way?


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Mobius, "dotting" refers to making a post -- any post -- to note your presence and link this campaign to your character. All you really need is a single character.

Dataphiles

Init: +7; Perc +4 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC: 13, KAC: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Laser rifle, azimuth +3 (1d8 F; critical burn 1d6)
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Athletics +4, Computers +8 (1 rank), Engineering +8 (1 rank), Life Science +7, Medicine +7, Piloting +7 (+10 if Memory Module is active)
Caro Cogitatus' Altronus wrote:
Mobius, "dotting" refers to making a post -- any post -- to note your presence and link this campaign to your character. All you really need is a single character.

I see. And how do you put your stats under your name? Which particular field in "edit" mode should I fill out?

Dark Archive

Dotting is just adding a post to the gameplay thread so it shows up in your Campaigns tab. It is often referred to as a dot cause most people add a . or just type dot to link it up.

Looks like you got the stats figured out. :)

Dataphiles

Init: +7; Perc +4 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC: 13, KAC: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Laser rifle, azimuth +3 (1d8 F; critical burn 1d6)
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Athletics +4, Computers +8 (1 rank), Engineering +8 (1 rank), Life Science +7, Medicine +7, Piloting +7 (+10 if Memory Module is active)

Yep, I tried editing it and posting-deleting in this thread to see if I'm doing it right. Only to find out that a quick refresh is enough. =)


Init +2 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 RP 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +4 (1d6+2 P; analog) Drone 4 | HP 40/40 | Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +1, R +6, W +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +7 (1d6+2 P; analog)

Forgot we were supposed to use pregens, here's the best rat portrait I can find. LOL


Checking in...anyone have dibs on the soldier yet?

Dark Archive

A short hiss precedes the opening of an adjacent door. A woman with a determined look steps through the opening, holding a datapad in one hand as she sits down at the nearby table, takes a calm breath, and begins to speak, “Ah good, you made it. All of you come highly recommended. You have skills, and the Starfinder Society has credits.”

She pauses, looks over the group she has assembled, and continues, “How rude of me—introductions. I am Luwazi Elsebo, the elected First Seeker of the Starfinder Society, and I have an exceptionally fair sum of credits available in return for your specialized services. For this mission, each of you will represent the Starfinder Society, but hold no official title within our organization. As you can probably tell by the empty halls around us, I need to use mercenaries to act as temporary agents. If you agree to the terms, I would like to offer you all a job."

“The Starfinder Society endured a staggering setback several months ago when our previous First Seeker led a mission into a region of space known as the Scoured Stars. We lost almost all our experienced field agents and assets in that endeavor. What the Starfinder Society really needs right now is something to entice outside interest and investment. In short, we need to make a major discovery."

“Prior to the Scoured Stars incident, the Society acquired exclusive rights to explore a rather unique moon. The inhabitants of the nearby planet call it Salvation’s End and see it as a ‘false moon’ due to its visible metal components and underlying superstructure. There’s the potential that it’s nothing more than a mangled hunk of stellar debris on the remains of a moon, but there’s also the chance that the entire object could be one inconceivably large structure.”"

Luwazi lets loose a devilish smile. “This is where you come in. I want you to go to Salvation’s End and explore the surface. First, you’ll need to make a quick trip to the moon of Varos, which orbits the nearby gas giant, Bretheda. There’s a high level security complex on Varos that has a survivor from a rogue prospecting mission to Salvation’s End. I want you to question the prisoner, find out what you can about the so-called ‘false moon,’ and then make way to Salvation’s End. Once there, you will need to see if the moon is worthless, or something valuable enough for the Society to announce. Understood?”


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Do I understand that we then, for the purposes of this scenario, were not previously Agents of the Society?

Raia nods her head, her two antennae waving in opposite rhythm with one another, "I have often wondered what exactly happened at the Scoured Stars Incident, much of the information appears to have been classified, or simply expunged from records. With that said, I find the prospect of exploring such an unknown object more exciting and completely overwhelming any fear or dread of past mishaps. Do you have any old data tapes regarding this region, the locals, or the object in question? While the locals call it Salvation's End, does it have a firm and legal name in the registry, or might we, as its explorers, be permitted to having formal naming rights?"


Obozaya | Vesk Soldier 4 | SP 32/32 HP 34/34 RP 5/5 | EAC 21 KAC 23; | F +5; R +4; W +4 | | Speed 35 ft | Init +7 | autotarget rifle: +7 (1d6+4 P; alalog, automatic) | Perc +0

Obozaya, a large vesk, listens with a straight face.

"Credits? I'm in. I'll have to see how much this 'exceptionally fair sum' is before I agree to sign on for more, but my weapons are at your disposal."


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia observes Obozaya for a moment, contemplating the Vesk's bright colors and stalwart nature. "It will be nice having another female on the team, especially one so obviously made for combat. I believe we will get along well. Have you a name friend, I am Raia."

When I played the quests at GenCon, I was Raia, and Obozaya was with our team as well, but it sounds like we're not THOSE pregens for this scenario.


Obozaya | Vesk Soldier 4 | SP 32/32 HP 34/34 RP 5/5 | EAC 21 KAC 23; | F +5; R +4; W +4 | | Speed 35 ft | Init +7 | autotarget rifle: +7 (1d6+4 P; alalog, automatic) | Perc +0

"Sorry, every time I hear the word 'credits,' that's all I can focus on. I'm Obozya...a pleasure, I'm sure."

Dark Archive

That is the way I take it Raia.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

A grey kasatha opens his eyes as Luwazi finishes, dispelling the growing perception that he was sleeping through it. His pure black eyes denote interest and wisdom, however, as he answers.

The Fifth Hadith of Jehir Madrogous of House Torlack impels us to "Seek that which is Strange and Fearful, for through danger there is knowledge, and in knowledge there is wisdom". Let us meditate on that.

He closes his eyes again briefly, then continues, oblivious to whether anyone else had joined him.

The mission is just, the employer honorable, and the outcome unknown. I, Altronus Barasul Dovenayan of House Holdare, will join you on your quest. May the Forebears guide our thoughts and actions.

As he says this last part -- which seems like a common saying although you've never heard it -- he ritually touches his forehead, ears, eyes, mouth (covered by a ceremonial mask), chest, and stomach.

He then closes his eyes again and remains still.


Init +2 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 RP 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +4 (1d6+2 P; analog) Drone 4 | HP 40/40 | Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +1, R +6, W +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +7 (1d6+2 P; analog)

"Ha! Just let me and Scout handle security. You have our services."

The ysoki straps on his goggles and starts tinkering with his makeshift drone. Metals clanging as he smiles with enthusiasm.

"By the way, the name's Quig. And while we're having this briefing, is there anything else we need to know about the prisoner that needs interviewing?"


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia considers her new companions. "Ummmm, welcome."

Dark Archive

Luwazi Elsebo reiterates in a bit more detail. “We need you to seek out a pilot named Livewire, who is interred at the ‘Sauna’—a prison colony on the volcanic moon Varos. Contact this prisoner, as she is the only survivor of an expedition that trespassed on Salvation’s End. Once you establish contact, it’s a matter of gathering intelligence. We doubt this information is cheap, so we authorized a spending account for you to encourage Livewire to talk. We need to know why her team’s illegal salvage on the moon failed. Once you get this information, we need you to travel to the false moon. Touch down, scout for hostiles, and look for any indications that it’s more than a moon with crashed starships piled atop it.”

“I’m able to provide a spending account of 2,500 credits for mission
expenditures; this does not include expenses for personal use, but instead for dealing with Livewire and the other occupants at the Sauna to help in your mission. Upon completion of your greater mission to Salvation’s End, you will each receive 3,000 credits. In addition, you have use of a brand-new Pegasus-class starship for the mission. If we end on agreeable terms, you can count on the Starfinder Society for more work in the near future. Trust me when I say an ongoing partnership would be quite… lucrative, for both parties.”

Luwazi takes you to a hanger to show you the spaceship. "We’re stretched thin on other fronts. It’s no secret we recently lost a large contingent of agents and ships in the Scoured Stars incident, but don’t worry; we are not without resources.”

"Remember, you are not Startfinders, and keep our involvement quiet. The warden denied our requests to meet with Livewire. They indicated that our presence would rub salt in a fresh wound. So, whatever you do, do not let the warden or Livewire know that you are working for the Starfinder Society. I have set up a front to explain your meeting with Livewire: you are all investigators hired by an unnamed corporation looking to remain anonymous. You’re researching a rash of disappeared spacecraft that have gone missing when their flight path took them too close to Salvation’s End.”

“Wonderful! I am so excited to conduct business with you.” With a renewed energy, Luwazi steps further into a large hangar bay containing a pristine ship with a stylized symbol of the Starfinder Society along its hull. Several engineers, laborers, and mechanics buzz about the hangar running diagnostics, polishing the vessel’s unspoiled hull, and finishing the last touches for a maiden launch. Luwazi looks up to the ship with beaming pride, reaches into the folds of her clothing, and pulls out an expensive vintage of champagne, and extends the bottle outward as she exclaims with a wide grin, “The ship is yours for the mission, it is only right you christen it! Tonight, we celebrate; tomorrow you sail off into the stars.”


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Altronus seems pleased by the ship, running his four hands along its sleek exterior lines appreciatively.

This will do. It is certainly better than Queen Zannis of House Berennon had when she ventured too close to the sun and discovered Z-Mesons.

His eyes frown when he sees the Starfinder logo.

But this will have to be painted over if we are going incognito. We don't want a repeat of the Incident at Fortress Chumashk, do we?


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia, being one that is more in tune with science and technology, and not so much with voodoo and false notions of good luck, takes the bottle of champagne, walks up to the ship, and indecorously smashes the bottle against the hull saying, "You're now the Pride of Holdare." She turns and points at one of the workers in the bay area and instructs, "you heard the Captain," as she nods at Altronus. " We can't have that logo on the ship for this mission. Now scrub it off. Use a low grit sandblaster across the whole hull even, we can't have this thing all shiny and new. Shoot it with a blaster a few times and give it some score marks, and maybe a pock mark or three. Tell me, does the inside have that 'new spaceship smell?' If so, how about getting a bunch of Castrovelian puffer sheep to tramp through it, and maybe spill some Abadarian brandies on the cushions. We can't have this thing looking like what she is: a brand new Starfinder ship! Paint her name on her, rough it up and repaint it a couple times."

She waits a moment as the tech stares at her, before she yells again, "I said move, don't just stand there gawping, like you've never had clear instructions before!"

She turns and faces the group, "shall we find a good meal and plan this out while the necessary modifications are made to the ship?"


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Altronus hides his surprise at being summarily promoted, and exhorts the techs,

It is wise to begin work immediately. You do NOT want to see my First Mate angry. I expect the work done within 2 standard hours.

Outside of the tech's hearing, he jokes with Raia.

Did it have to be Castrovelian puffer sheep? I may have to spend the whole mission with my rebreather activated.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

"They are very pungent, aren't they. This isn't my first time away from port you know. I may have picked up a trick or two along the way. Besides, he may not even find any of them around here."


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Then I am afraid of what he will find instead.


Init +2 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 RP 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +4 (1d6+2 P; analog) Drone 4 | HP 40/40 | Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +1, R +6, W +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +7 (1d6+2 P; analog)

Quig programs Scout to make a quick survey of the ship's exterior structures using the drone's camera. Inside, he observes the computers and other control units, making the needed modifications. He skitters past engineers, mechanics and techs who are all busy giving the newly christened Pride of Holdare its needed makeover.

"Now this is my idea of celebration." He squeals with excitement, just as Scout lands next to him. He examines the images taken and pats the drone lightly.


Obozaya | Vesk Soldier 4 | SP 32/32 HP 34/34 RP 5/5 | EAC 21 KAC 23; | F +5; R +4; W +4 | | Speed 35 ft | Init +7 | autotarget rifle: +7 (1d6+4 P; alalog, automatic) | Perc +0

Obozaya's attempts to hide her excitement at the upcoming credits, and the possibility of more, are feeble.

She watches as Raia christens the ship. "Could we not have passed the bottle around before that?" she mutters. Still, with an exciting mission and credits to be had, she begins pacing and checking her weapons.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

"I checked the label, it was low grade swill. You didn't want it."


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia appraises her new companions. "I don't suppose any of you are actually capable of flying that sweet piece of machine, which hopefully will look less sweet in the near future."

I could pilot, engineer, or Science Officer, although with just 4 of us, I'd say Piloting, Engineering, and 2 gunners is the way to go. My Diplomacy is ok, but I think the Solarian is better.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

@GM, can we get the specs on our (now much less) shiny new ride?

My relevant skills:
Captain: Demand +1, Encourage +8, Taunt +1
Engineer: Engineering +0 (not trained)
Pilot: Piloting +1
Gunner: (BAB +4) + (DEX +1) = +5
Science: Computers +0 (not trained)

So it looks like I'm best at either Captaining (using Encourage liberally, followed by a Minor Crew Action of whatever needs doing) or Gunner. I'm not cut out for Engineering at all, and I suck at Science, but I'm a passable pilot at best.

Edit: Looking at Raia's impressive skills, it's apparent that I was promoted to leadership in order to get my unskilled hamhands (all four of them) far away from any control panels. I'd suggest Gunner for me, followed by Captain, followed -- a long way down -- by Pilot.


Obozaya | Vesk Soldier 4 | SP 32/32 HP 34/34 RP 5/5 | EAC 21 KAC 23; | F +5; R +4; W +4 | | Speed 35 ft | Init +7 | autotarget rifle: +7 (1d6+4 P; alalog, automatic) | Perc +0

I'm thinking I'll only be good for Gunner...


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

I think you just volunteered since your skill level is an order of magnitude above the rest of us, Raia. Obozaya, you'll join me on gunnery detail. Quig, you'll be handling Engineering and Science, whichever needs the most help at the time.

I want status reports of all major systems within a standard hour of setting foot inside.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

"Aye aye Captain! I must admit I have been wanting to take one of these babies out for a spin ever since I first read about them."


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Is anyone else concerned that the Starfinder Society just met us recently and is giving us a brand new vessel, one of their few remaining? I'm not entirely sure I trust them.

The credits are good, but as Hadith Fifty-Seven of X the Tenth of House Kilkarre tells us, "A million gold coins is worth less to a dead kasatha than a single more breath". We must be cautious of their motives, as we are cautious of each other's, until we understand them fully.

Bonus points for Raia for spelling "Aye aye" correctly. :-)


Init +2 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 RP 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +4 (1d6+2 P; analog) Drone 4 | HP 40/40 | Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +1, R +6, W +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +7 (1d6+2 P; analog)

As the mechanic, I'm guessing I'd be the Enginner


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Yup, and Science, depending on what's needed most. Raia will be busy piloting, and Obozaya and I are not qualified.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

My father was Navy, and I draw a paycheck from DoN now, so I'd better spell it right!

"Please, don't be so suspicious! They didn't just give us a ship, they gave us a really great ship!"

Dark Archive

Ship stats are over in the Campaign Tab.

You eat, drink and be merry while the Starfinder logo is quickly removed from the Pegasus and other notable repairs and paint jobs are to be completed.

The next day you board your brand new, second hand, starship and set course for Varos. The trip is only expected to take a couple of days unless you use the Drift (which Luwazi strongly recommends against)...

This bizarre organic complex wildly contrasts the more pleasing Brethedan arcologies found within the swirls and eddies of the neighboring gas giant. Here, only the indentured or the foolhardy suffer Varos’ tidally heated hellscapes for a chance to mine the moon’s spectacular gemstones. While the prison is safely above the moon’s surface, the extreme temperatures radiate upwards, heating the structure despite its distance and advanced organic coolant systems.

You are quickly hailed with a brisk "Starship, please identify yourself and your reason for visiting"


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia's attention comes up from her control console, and she looks expectantly at Altronus.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Altronus steps into the appropriate spot and signals for the viewscreen to be enabled.

I am Captain Altronus of the Pride of Holdare. We are investigating a significant loss of Corporation property and materiel related to a particular moon, of which one of your prisoners is a potential eyewitness.

He puts just a little emphasis on "Corporation" to signify that the deliberate omission of the name indicates a desire for anonymity.

Requesting permission to land.

Short and simple. The Fifty-Third Hadith of Chairman Dehniz of House Mehniz reminds us that "Excessive and uncalled-for detail is the mark of the nervous deceiver".

I trust our intrepid GM will let me know when Skill checks are needed. You are empowered to roll them on my behalf in order to speed things up if you wish.

Dark Archive

Yup- I'll let you know anything out of the ordinary. You can always toss in diplomacy / intimidate checks in as they fit the RP :)

Coordinates soon appear on your computer's display. "You have permission to land. This is the docking pad's coordinates. Leave any armaments and contraband (such as food, toiletries, or anything else to tempt prisoners with) on the vessel." The voice breaks for a moment before continuing on. "Credsticks are allowed as the facility always accepts any donations. Speak with the Warden immediately upon your arrival."

Once docked, an organic bridge connects the pad to the structure itself.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia patiently awaits the Captain's orders, but she does go ahead and preload a flight plan, so she can just punch the "Execute" command when instructed.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Altronus removes his armaments as requested, leaving only the omnipresent little ball of blue light circling his head.

"Accepts any donations", eh? I'll bet they do.

He loads a nondescript credstick with the funds provided by the Starfinders and secretes it in an interior pocket, relatively safe from pickpockets.

When everyone is ready, he leads the crew into the facility and politely requests an audience with the Warden.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Don't we need to fly there first Captain? I think we were hailed in orbit, or on approach.


Male Idarian Kasatha Scholar Solarian/4 (SP 30/32 HP 32/32 RP 3/3 | EAC:16 KAC:16 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Solar Weapon +7 (1d6+1d3+6 S; critical knockdown)
Skills:
Acrobatics +10 Athletics +10 Bluff +1 Diplomacy +8 Disguise +1 Intimidate +1 LifeSci +5 Perc +7 Piloting +1 SM +1 Stealth +6
Current Effects: mold spores -4 Int/Wis/Cha checks

Raia, it looked to me like that was pretty standard and uneventful:

GM wrote:
Once docked, an organic bridge connects the pad to the structure itself.

I trust and hope that our steadfast GM will alert me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

If you want to do a barrel roll on the way down, be my guest. :-)


Init +2 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 RP 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +4 (1d6+2 P; analog) Drone 4 | HP 40/40 | Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Perception +8 | EAC 17, KAC 17 | F +1, R +6, W +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. | Tactical semi-auto pistol +7 (1d6+2 P; analog)

Quig leaves his arms, hesitates a moment and decides also to set Scout in one corner of the Pride of Holdare.

I'm not taking any chances, my friend. He scampers off with his companions.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Lack of reading comprehension on my end! Sure enough, I missed the last bit about our being docked!

Barrel Roll: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19

Consider it done!

Raia will leave her weapons behind.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Raia communicates telepathically with Altronus: "Just so you know Captain, like Obozaya over there, I am not completely defanged, just because our weapons have been taken away."


Obozaya | Vesk Soldier 4 | SP 32/32 HP 34/34 RP 5/5 | EAC 21 KAC 23; | F +5; R +4; W +4 | | Speed 35 ft | Init +7 | autotarget rifle: +7 (1d6+4 P; alalog, automatic) | Perc +0

"Leave our weapons?!" Obozaya asks in despair. "What do they expect us to do without them?!?"

Dark Archive

Yup- Uneventful journey to the facility. :)

Assuming all are leaving the contraband behind. please alert me if otherwise.

As soon as you disembark extremely hot air blasts you, and while your armor should protect you for their jaunt towards the Sauna, it becomes evident that any prolonged exposure outside the prison is foolhardy.

A flotilla of four barathus—floating, iridescent masses of flesh with draping tentacle appendages—wordlessly greet the PCs and escort you to the nearby Warden’s office.

The halls and rooms of the Sauna are entirely organic, comprised mostly of fleshy blue walls replete with pulsating green veins. Tunnels take odd angles, sometimes sloping up or down, which is a nuisance to humanoid creatures but not an impediment to the floating barathus.

As you arrive at the Warden’s office, several hard, plastic chairs await arranged in a semicircle around a matching table. Opposite the table floats the Warden, an almost comical creature that looks like a dozen of the barathu guards mashed together into a floating mass of iridescent flesh and tentacles.

DC 15 Life Science:
You identify the Warden as being a combined barathu—a group of barathus who merged to form a superior being.

A telepathic mind opens a line of communication with each of you as it echoes across your mind.

"Please have some refreshments." The tentacles motion towards a tray of gray mush and glasses of an opaque, milky substance. While these refreshments look welcoming, especially the drink to help cool off, the ever-present stench makes the idea of eating difficult.

DC 14 Sense Motive:
The Warden eagerly waits for you to sample his offered wares.

If you sample the refreshments you may attempt a bluff check to feign delight at the course.


sp 20/20 | hp 24/24 | rp 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | fort +1 refl +3, will +4 | melee 5, ranged 6 | init +2 | Female damaya lashunta xenoseeker technomancer / 4
Skills:
Computers +14 (4 ranks), Diplomacy +7, Engineering +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +5, Life Science +14, Mysticism +8, Physical Science +11, Piloting +9 (4 ranks); (reduce the DCs of Life Science checks to identity rare creatures

Life Science: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 vs DC-5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

To the Captain: "Captain, that warden is a bunch of the lesser barathu combined to form a more powerful one. I sense no hostility here."

Raia tries some of the vittles and states, "thank you! Traveling so far can really let a girl work up an appetite."

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

1 to 50 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Claim to Salvation (Starfinder) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.