Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Turmoil's GD VI: The Heresy of Man series

Game Master ckelley83

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

Dot away

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

fire emblem dot.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 16

dot

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

A single, dim lantern sheds uncertain light in the cabin of Venture-Captain Retief van Schuyver. The deck of his ship, the Maelstrom, sways and rocks with the gentle swells in the predawn darkness off the coast of Rahadoum. The captain scratches his patchy beard as he speaks.

“I’m not sure how much you know about the nation of Rahadoum. Its position on the mouth of the Inner Sea keeps it prosperous enough, I think, but the strangest thing about the nation has nothing to do with trade. You may already know this, but they’re not too keen on the gods. Any of ’em. Not Desna, nor Abadar, nor Gozreh, much less the bleaker crew like Asmodeus or Lamashtu. Them Rahadoumi want nothing to do with them—had a war over ’em, in fact. Even Sarenrae can’t get her foot in the door!”

The captain leans back, turns, and spits tobacco juice into a brass spittoon.

“Despite all that, Rahadoum is a peaceful nation, eh. Education is highly valued, and civic duty held in high esteem. At least it hasn’t had to deal with any religious wars in a long time. But turnin’ your back on the gods has its downside. Famine always looms on their horizon. The desert claims more and more of their farmland every year, it seems. And, worst of all, plagues wreak stark havoc among ’em. Thousands die every year from one ailment or another for want of a decent cleric. They have no power, no divine will, to stem the tide of disease, and they struggle and they starve and they die so dreamlessly, knowin’ that when they enter the Boneyard, there’ll be no deity to meet ’em there with open arms, no paradise waiting on the other side."

"Just lately, things have been much worse. A new plague sprang up several weeks ago in the outlying villages around Manaket—Rahadoum’s center of learning. They call it the Night Plague, and it’s a killer. Very few infected have recovered from it but the handful who made it across the borders or out through the ports have been easily cured by clerical magic. This Night Plague’s a killer, but it doesn’t have to be."

"That brings me to why we’re bobbing here off Rahadoum’s coast in the dead of night. Despite Rahadoum’s current social agenda, it’s an ancient, storied land. There’re a lot of secrets buried in those forgotten sands. As a result, let’s just say that the Pathfinders have ‘assets in place’ in the area not ‘officially’ associated with the Swordmeet Lodge in Manaket and leave it at that. But with plague striking the area, and those assets having no clerical support, they are now in jeopardy. We’ve got to protect our people and their research, and to do that we’ve got to get a handle on this plague before it becomes epidemic, or at least shield our folks before they’re exposed to it.” He looks up, his eyes dark and fierce. “So we’re going to give Rahadoum a little help… whether they like it or not.”

He gestures behind him to a shadowed figure sitting on a sea-chest. “This is Agosa Agion, a holy hand of Sarenrae and Pathfinder field operative.”

A human male rises from his seat and bows low. He wears a desert dweller’s robes on his slender frame and a green turban around his angular head. His forked beard is golden-colored and dyed with henna at its tips.

Captain van Schuyver clears his throat and continues. “Agosa normally serves as a healer in the Sothis Lodge and his expertise should serve him well as a plague doctor. I don’t intend for you folk to play nursemaid to a bunch of plague victims, that’s what we’ve got Agosa here for, but getting him into the country and to the action is where you come in."

"Your job is to sneak him into Rahadoum and get him to the village of Wadi al-Hesr, avoiding the nation’s priest-hunting military forces—they’re called the Pure Legion—and taking care of any ‘entanglements’ that you may run into along the way. For all the gods’ sakes, don’t let them know you’re even in the country! Right now, we’re anchored just off Rahadoum’s northern coast near the Qassabah Heb Amar. As far as the Rahadoumi government knows, it is the home of Bey Sarkris El Makkra, jefe of several of the local villages. The truth is, the good bey uses his stronghold as a secret smugglers’ port. Tonight, you are the smugglers, and Agosa here is your contraband. Get him into the tunnels where you’ll meet one of the bey’s servants; he’ll direct you from there."

"Don’t mess this thing up. Once you get Agosa to Wadi al-Hesr—only a few miles from the bey’s fortress—he’ll know where to go. Questions? If not, then get to the tunnels before the tides change. Someone from the bey’s staff is surely already waiting.”

To make my life easier, please post your info on the first slide of the map link.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

Glen Fiddich furrows his brow as he ponders what Venture-Captain Retief van Schuyver has just told them about their mission and their destination. He's a red-haired, green-eyed half-elf, just shy of six feet and just over eleven stone. His mithral breastplate and elven curve blade are polished and well-maintained, a sharp contrast to his casual manner and otherwise unkempt appearance.

"Cap'n, I'd like to visit the Maelstrom's quartermaster and purchase a few items. A disguise kit would be useful for most of us; it's only 50gp. And I'll pick up some sleeves of many garments for 200gp. Should help blend in."

Glen eyes the priest Agosa Agion with a calculating gaze. "If you've got one in stock, I'd spend 1000gp to purchase a Pathfinder pouch. The Seranite can use it to stow his holy symbol and anything else that might reveal his nature. If Agosa doesn't need it, I'll use it."

Glen fingers the mug hanging at his belt. "Cayden Cailean's a practical god. Nobody'll question a man with a mug. Unless, these Rahadoumi are teetotalers, too?"

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

"I wouldn't both, another priest of the flame says with a gentle smile, his own holy symbol tattooed over his face, "as I doubt such a pouch would help too much."

Salubri bows his head towards Agosa Agion, a fellow Osirioni and Sarenrite, though one that walks a somewhat different path, before introducing himself. "I am Salubri, the Prophet." says the not entirely human man dressed as an ascetic monk. "We shall manage, somehow. A way shall present itself when the time has come. . ."

Silver Crusade

Aasimar monkadin/COI 9 | AC 30 *T21*F25* CMD 34 | 64/65hp | F13 R11 W13 | Per +18 Init +2

A man with skin the color of burnished bronze, Tien features and loose robes, and a physique that speaks to enjoying his food, sits cross-legged in the cabin listening thoughtfully to the explanation of the mission. From his seated position, he bows slightly to Agosa Agion. "Sir. A pleasure," he says, speaking with an accent that is in line with his origins on the eastern side of the world.

He looks at Salubri with a sort of crooked smile. "Ah, so, the open declaration of your faith written upon your skin will make deception a path strewn with poisonous snakes. A difficulty. My own faith in the Master of Masters will be no more welcome in Rahadoum, but it is not written on my skin, at least.

"The way that shall present itself is perhaps what brother Glen has proposed: the tricks of pigments and waxes and paints, to cover your skin? The gods help those who help themselves, I believe, and we must at times create the way the gods would have us walk.

"Forgive my manners, friends! I am Brother Guang. It will be my humble duty to stand before you and enemies, to the best of my ability, and to protect you, and Master Agosa, with my person."

Guang turns to look at the captain again. "Captain van Schuyver, do we have a map of the path which we shall take to Manaket? And I second Brother Glen's request to see the quartermaster stock, if permitted. These disguise kits would be an exceptional idea."

Guang taps his chin, looking to the other agents in the cabin. "Are any of us skilled in the arcane arts?"

I'd chip in for the pouch if I could, but unfortunately spending rules... :(

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

"Indeed. If so, I would be most appreciative if anyone might use this wand on me in times of need." offering up a Wand of Mage Armor.

"Other might also benefit from it, should they wish."

"As for my face, I believe I have a solution that might be of assistance, though it was not intended for,. . . concealment." Digging into his pack, he grabs a facemask he had only recently gotten, <aka, I forgot I had it>, and places it over his head. It does not fully conceal the tattoo, but does make it difficult to identify. <Goz Mask>

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

Purchasing the Pathfinder pouch is not a problem. Planned to get one anyway.

Glen shakes his head, "Salubri leaves little doubt as to the source of his magic. I am an inquisitor of the Accidental God. Openly practicing divine magic would be ill-advised in Rahadoum and blow our cover."

Ever the optimist, Glen predicts, "An arcane caster will join our team, surely."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

The small gnome, smelling faintly of soot and chemicals, almost goes unnoticed sitting in shadows in one corner of the room. He seems to avoid drawing anyone's attention, more out of habit then any sense of shyness... in fact, when you do finally notice him, he is glaring openly at everyone, and everything, as if it all has offended him in some way.

Dressed in functional, well-worn tradesman's garb, with a shock of orange hair on the top of his head, he would barely stand out at all in most places. All you get is a muttered "Milo" by way of introduction at first, as he says nothing else for the longest while, as everyone gathers in the cabin and the Venture-Captain and his guest eventually speak.

"Rahadoum prigs probably got the right a it." he mutters. "Few less gull chokers thumpin' readers, is like to shine flush on all a us some."

"So if we're sportin' a leg, what happens when it all gets knackered?" He asks suddenly. He glances at the other and frowns. "Bludgers'll granny these gobs quick."

When all he gets in return for his question are confused stares, he glares back with annoyance, and shuts up once more, fuming angrily.

Eventually, he speaks up again, as the question of arcane knowledge crops up.

"Can throw the hokum a titch." He offers. "Mostly glim, a little glow, some shine." He shrugs slightly.

"Total slum at sharpin' though, and viewin'" He adds, with a glare.

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

"I suppose that is why we are here. It is what always happens when mortals try to deny one of our most core, most important needs. Others suffer."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Unchained Monk 1/Sorcerer 4 (crossblooded [orc, draconic (red)])/Dragon Disciple 4 - HP 72/72|AC 27, T 15, FF 24|F:+11,R:+11,W:+11|CMD 27 FCMD: 24|Sp 30'|Perc. +9|Init. +2
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 3/3, Claws 7/7, L1 Spells - 5/7, L2 Spells 7/7, L3 Spells 4/5, Lesser Cold Rod 3/3, Lesser Selective Rod 3/3, Lesser Extend Rod 1/3, Lesser Versatile (Extend, Merciful, Reach) Rod 3/3

A half orc, his skin covered in thousands of tiny red scales rub his chin contemplatively as he listens to the venture captain's tale. As he exhales faint wisps of smoke and the smell of sulfur escape his nostrils. His clothing consists of a robe of deep blue embroidered with dragons that have long tusks protruding from their jaws. He appears to carry no weapons nor wear armor, but a tangible field of force surround him.

It seems to me like the gods have left this nation to deal with the consequences of their folly. I am no holy man myself, but I can see the wisdom in begrudging tolerance at a minimum.

To Glen he responds, My spells are limited to those that my blood as granted me, but I can always supplement them with scrolls in a pinch if we need something specific.

Answering the prophet, Salubri, he says, Stow your wand, prophet. You should have little need of it while you travel with me.

Pulling out a long rod, he weaves a spell with his free hand covering the prophet in armor of force.

The prophet will get an extended mage armor spell every day, it will last 18 hours.

Anyone else need one? The name is Lurgh by the way. I am said to be a descendant of the Sixth King of the Five Kings Mountains, but please do not hold that against me. I am as much a product of nurture as nature.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

"And a grand master of irony as well, it seems, Lurgh." The half-elf extends a hand in greeting. "Welcome to the party. Can I get you an adult beverage?"

Glen passes his hands over a tankard and a glass, mutters an orison, and creates ale in the former and wine in the latter. He offers Lurgh both.

"I'm Glen Fiddich, inquisitor of Cayden Cailean. Pleased to meet you."

Silver Crusade

Aasimar monkadin/COI 9 | AC 30 *T21*F25* CMD 34 | 64/65hp | F13 R11 W13 | Per +18 Init +2

Guang places his hands at his chests and bows, smiling, towards each of the others who come. "Ahhh, yes, you are a student of the arcane, Brother Lurgh? Then may I be asking that you activate this wand and direct the energies from it into this small stone, here? It would be most thankful! And if you are so kind as to spare your protections you have cast upon our prophet there upon myself as well, this too should be most appreciated."

(The wand is a wand of shield, and a spell storing ioun stone; I'd be delighted with the extended mage armor if you have the slot to spare, saves me a wand charge of it. Cheers!)

At Milo's words, Guang blinks. Cautiously, he says to the orange-haired gnome, "I am being very humbly sorry, but my using the language here in the west is not always so good, Brother Milo. It is certainly because I am foreign and the fault is mine, but I have not understood most of what you have said. Will you please sit by me, so that I can better hear you, to learn?"

Guang beams a little at the Prophet's mask. "An ingenious solution. For now!"

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Milo glares at Guang indignantly.

"King's own Taldane, if its a downer!" He says in annoyance. "Same as them!"

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

@ Milo: I absolutely love the roleplay, but I'll be honest, I don't really know what most of that said. If there's ever anything really important he's saying, I wouldn't mind an ooc comment translation in plain english :)

“Head straight for shore from the Maelstrom and you’ll see three lights—two from the main keep towers atop the cliff and one from the lower bastion. When the three lights form a face—two eyes and a nose—you’ll know you’re at the right angle to row straight toward them. This will bring you into the shore at an angle hidden from the towers. Hug the cliff face and row to the west on the inside of several small rocky sea stacks and shoals until you reach a sea cave at the base of the cliff upon which Qassabah Heb Amar sits. The cave will lead them to a smuggler’s haven beneath the stronghold.”

"From there you’ll be met on a small beach in the caves by Masur the Ill-favored, one of the bey’s servants. He’ll guide you through the stronghold and provision you with camels for the overland journey to Wadi al-Hesr.”

"And while you're out there, the good priest is to be kept safe at all costs. While he is a Pathfinder, he usually serves as a healer far from direct danger. Let’s keep it that way, shall we? You done dawdling and ready to hit the water?"

When you are ready to depart, the party boards their lighter, a flat-bottomed boat used for off-loading freight. The stronghold looms high upon a sheer cliff above the benighted ocean, the crash of waves against the stone edifice carrying across the water. Three lighted windows gleam above the waves, and as the lighter moves in closer to shore, the windows align as a sort of face—two at an equal height like eyes and one below and between them like a mouth or nose. Now only jagged rocks, hidden shoals, and towering cliffs lie between the lighter and the smuggler’s caves beyond.

There are 4 spots for rowing, and one for manning the tiller. So I need to know who is going to be at the tiller, and the rest of you will row. Also, let me know if anyone has Profession Sailor. Agosa is too busy getting seasick and huddling in the bottom of the boat to be of any help.

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

No Profession Sailor.

"I am ready to go. There are many in need of our man's aid, and the quicker we can get him there, the more chance to save them we have."

"While I am not particularly strong, physically, I'll take a turn at rowing. It will be a good work out, and help to keep me centered, my meditations off of smiting this evil country into which we are expeditioning. I shall consult the flame for guidance. . ."

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

I reap what I sow, if you will.
Occasionally you can suss it out from context... and it even makes a little sense sometimes on its own! But if folks don't understand it, too bad for me!

Also going to sit down and learn a spell or two in his free slots.
lv4) Shadow Conjuration
lv3) Invisibility Sphere
lv1) Air Bubble

When they are shown the boat they have to take to the rendezvous point, Milo scowls at it like he'd rather light it on fire then get in it.

"Been lagged on enough carked punts." He mutters in annoyance, clearly not a fan of boats at all... his annoyance inversely proportional to the size of the boat. "What barmy toffer grannied this?"

"Can bear up a little hoodoo." He mutters absently. He stands there, glaring at the boat for a moment longer, then begins to recite arcane words in gnomish.

The shadows around him start to waver and shift, until they all draw together to form a second figure that looks vaguely like the Venture-Captain himself.

He looks at it with a frown and shrugs. "Mostly flam." He explains, "But flush enough."

He then mutters a few more arcane spells, directed at himself.

Milo will man the tiller (or at least have it manned)

OOC spell stuff:
casting Shadow Conjuration to mimic the Phantom Driver spell...
Will have it do the work on the tiller, while he hangs on and tries not to fall in! (a 3' tall gnome with an 8 strength is going to be no help otherwise)

The Phantom Driver will get a +14 on any check its required to make.

also casting Mage Armor on self, and False Life for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 temporary hit points

How long will the boat ride take? give or take?

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

"I would say the same thing about myself, little friend." he adds to Milo's last statement, or at least what he thinks he got from it.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar monkadin/COI 9 | AC 30 *T21*F25* CMD 34 | 64/65hp | F13 R11 W13 | Per +18 Init +2

I got Milo's general gist, I think. :)

"But there are many, how do you say, dialects," Guang says placidly in response to Milo's indignant insistence he is speaking the same language as everyone else. "In the country where this humble servant was being born, one could ride the horse for one day and not understand the words said in the new place, though the language is still being called Tien! Truly a language is like a rose that is having one thousand colors. This unworthy creature asks your patience with me, Brother Milo."

If the ship's quartermaster has disguise kits available, I'd love to grab one. Otherwise:

Guang looks on at the roiling waves and the traverse with less than perfect enthusiasm himself, but smiles after a moment. "If there is no trial there is no achieving the perfection. Ah, what a clever means by which to be steering, brother Milo!"

Guang will settle into the boat and take an oar, the cold rain bearing down on his shaved head.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

Glen chuckles as he grabs an oar, "We had a pretty little barmaid talked like that at the Grog Pit, when I was the bartender. Mother dropped her on her head when she was a baby."

Profession (barkeep), no sailor he.

He grins at the gnome wizard, "Like any fine blunderbuss, we just need to keep you pointed up and down range, right Milo?"

Glen cringes as he takes a seat in a puddle of water, his breeches soaked through, and his mirth washed away by the chill wind and driving rain.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Glen only gets a glare in response. One of the little gnome's hands curled into a fist starts to steam slightly in the heavy rain on the deck of the ship.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Unchained Monk 1/Sorcerer 4 (crossblooded [orc, draconic (red)])/Dragon Disciple 4 - HP 72/72|AC 27, T 15, FF 24|F:+11,R:+11,W:+11|CMD 27 FCMD: 24|Sp 30'|Perc. +9|Init. +2
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 3/3, Claws 7/7, L1 Spells - 5/7, L2 Spells 7/7, L3 Spells 4/5, Lesser Cold Rod 3/3, Lesser Selective Rod 3/3, Lesser Extend Rod 1/3, Lesser Versatile (Extend, Merciful, Reach) Rod 3/3

Lurgh ignores what to him sounds like overly-fussiness over incessant prattle and goes where he thinks he would be of most use on a ship, manning the oars. He had strength going for him, a lot of it. He could conjure a bit of magic to make himself stronger for a little while, but there seemed little use for that now.

Well, if someone can point the way, I think I can figure out how to row well enough. Though if there are several of us rowing, who here can help us keep our strokes together?

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

Yes, no issue with any small purchases aboard the ship. Mundane items, and any common magical items or scrolls.

@Milo: The boat ride to shore shouldn't be long, maybe 15 min or so if it goes smoothly.

Perception:

Glen Fiddich: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Prophet: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Guang: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Lurgh: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Milo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 (-1 in bright light)

After piling aboard the lighter, Milo conjures a silent, shadowy helmsman to man the boat's tiller. As you make your way towards land, everyone spots the telltale froth of the water signaling a pair of submerged boulders directly in your path. The spectral driver does his best to avoid hitting them dead on, but the Pathfinders still need to use their oars to push off the rock and get them safely clear of it.

As a party, you need to succeed at 3 DC20 Strength checks. They do not necessarilly need to be from different people, but there is a possible penalty for failing. You all get a +5 bonus on the check since you all made the perception check.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

Glen pulls at the oars, using the gnome's unintelligible mutterings to synch his strokes with the others.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 = 13

"Besmara's balls!" Glen curses as his grip slips on the oar.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Is this for steering the boat? Unsure if the Phantom Driver gets to make a roll here?

Milo himself, is not touching the oars, just hanging onto the gunwales cursing.

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy
Milo Flamecursed wrote:

Is this for steering the boat? Unsure if the Phantom Driver gets to make a roll here?

Milo himself, is not touching the oars, just hanging onto the gunwales cursing.

No, for this part it specifically says it's only those not at the tiller. There will be future parts that it will act though. One thing I thought of though, does it actually have a strength score?

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Not that I can see... it just can make whatever check is required to drive whatever vehicle its on with the a fore mentioned bonus.
Think this scenario may have come out before vehicle rules were sorted out in ultimate Combat =)

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

Reflex saves:

Glen Fiddich: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Prophet: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Guang: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Lurgh: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Milo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

As Glen tries to brace his oar against the slick rock to push them away, a large wave slams the boat, causing the oar to slip and the lighter smashes into the rock. Glen, the Prophet and Guang are all tossed overboard into the roiling sea.

Those of you thrown overboard have two option: attempt to swim ashore from here, or grasp on to the rock and climb back on the boat. If you want to try to swim, you need to make 5 DC15 Swim checks. If you want to grab the rock, then it's a DC17 Reflex save.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Are any of three in the water close enough to use a touch spell on, without going in the water himself?
In this case, Milo would try to cast Air Bubble on one of them that look like they might be having trouble keeping their heads above water... or whoever he can reach if limited options =)

Violent motion check:
Concentration vs DC 16: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

If he can't reach anyone, he'll cast it on Lurgh instead... in case he gets tossed over next!

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy
Milo Flamecursed wrote:

Are any of three in the water close enough to use a touch spell on, without going in the water himself?

In this case, Milo would try to cast Air Bubble on one of them that look like they might be having trouble keeping their heads above water... or whoever he can reach if limited options =)

Violent motion check:
[dice=Concentration vs DC 16]1d20+14

If he can't reach anyone, he'll cast it on Lurgh instead... in case he gets tossed over next!

I would say no, they are not within reach. If they want to try to Reflex save to grab onto the boat though, instead of the rock, I'll allow that.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Actually, Milo will cast it on Agosa! Almost forgot we're trying to keep that fellow alive. =)

The small gnome starts cursing colorfully in orcish as three of their four rowers get washed over the side. Luckily the one that remains understands the litany of swearing just fine.

Milo braces himself on the sides as he reaches over and touches Agosa, giving him the magical ability to breath, even if he falls in the water.

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

Refl: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Sensing danger just before it happen, the priest easily makes a sitting leap to a nearby rock, using the oar to keep balance as he looks around for whoever might not be so lucky.

Tossing the oar back to the boat, he begins digging in his pack for something a little more usefull to help.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Unchained Monk 1/Sorcerer 4 (crossblooded [orc, draconic (red)])/Dragon Disciple 4 - HP 72/72|AC 27, T 15, FF 24|F:+11,R:+11,W:+11|CMD 27 FCMD: 24|Sp 30'|Perc. +9|Init. +2
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 3/3, Claws 7/7, L1 Spells - 5/7, L2 Spells 7/7, L3 Spells 4/5, Lesser Cold Rod 3/3, Lesser Selective Rod 3/3, Lesser Extend Rod 1/3, Lesser Versatile (Extend, Merciful, Reach) Rod 3/3

Is it possible to take 10 on the Strength checks?

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

Swept overboard, Glen reaches for the nearest rock.
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Over the crashing waves, the howling winds, and the torrential downpour, Glen shouts, "I'll raise my glass to you later, Cayden Cailean! Thank you for sparing me a watery grave."
Glen stumbles back into the boat and again grasps an oar.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar monkadin/COI 9 | AC 30 *T21*F25* CMD 34 | 64/65hp | F13 R11 W13 | Per +18 Init +2

I think we're past the failure point where STR checks help us, but I could be wrong.

Thrown into the raging sea, Guang tries fervently to keep tabs on his fellow teammates. Seeing them successfully reach the rock, Guang tries to grab it as well.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

He snags it and hangs on as the waters drench his silk ropes.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Unchained Monk 1/Sorcerer 4 (crossblooded [orc, draconic (red)])/Dragon Disciple 4 - HP 72/72|AC 27, T 15, FF 24|F:+11,R:+11,W:+11|CMD 27 FCMD: 24|Sp 30'|Perc. +9|Init. +2
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 3/3, Claws 7/7, L1 Spells - 5/7, L2 Spells 7/7, L3 Spells 4/5, Lesser Cold Rod 3/3, Lesser Selective Rod 3/3, Lesser Extend Rod 1/3, Lesser Versatile (Extend, Merciful, Reach) Rod 3/3

I figured we'd have to keep trying until we succeeded.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

We had 4 rowers, and needed 3 to succeed... so once two failed, our fate was sealed =)

Now the question is, how do we get people back into the boat? (assuming we can)

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Unchained Monk 1/Sorcerer 4 (crossblooded [orc, draconic (red)])/Dragon Disciple 4 - HP 72/72|AC 27, T 15, FF 24|F:+11,R:+11,W:+11|CMD 27 FCMD: 24|Sp 30'|Perc. +9|Init. +2
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 3/3, Claws 7/7, L1 Spells - 5/7, L2 Spells 7/7, L3 Spells 4/5, Lesser Cold Rod 3/3, Lesser Selective Rod 3/3, Lesser Extend Rod 1/3, Lesser Versatile (Extend, Merciful, Reach) Rod 3/3
Quote:
As a party, you need to succeed at 3 DC20 Strength checks. They do not necessarilly need to be from different people.

So one person could have tried multiple time. I guess I just need to wait and see if there is any more use for checks.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Or you could make the checks, and let the GM sort it out =)

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

The GM's post indicated if we made the Reflex save we grab the rocks and climb back in the boat. Might as well go with that, unless we hear differently from him.

Back in the boat, Glen readies to pull on the oars once the others have climbed back aboard.
Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 5 = 26

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

This whole part of the scenario is one of those things that would go a lot smoother F2F than on PbP. It doesn't even make any mention of how to get back in the boat after grabbing a rock so I'm just including it as one full action. At this level, none of of this is really a threat to any of you.

The Pathfinders thrown overboard react quickly enough, grabbing the nearby rock just enough to brace themselves back into the lighter. With the help of Glen and the spectral driver, they're able to get themselves away from submerged boulders.

Perception:

Glen Fiddich: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Prophet: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Guang: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
Lurgh: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Milo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 (-1 in bright light)

Phantom Profession sailor: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Phantom steering check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Not far ahead, Guang and Milo spot an underwater shoal, and relay the information to the phantom just in time for it to steer the rowboat safely clear of the danger.

Survival:

Glen Fiddich: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Prophet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Guang: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Lurgh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Milo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Phantom steering check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

As the lighter is almost at the mouth of the smuggler's cave, Glen and the Prophet notice the telltale sign of a whirlpool about to form. Their shadowy driver is quick to react to the news though, and easily maneuvers the boat around the troubled area, and into the calm waters of the cave. The water is shallow and the floor sandy and smooth, and you can make out a small sandy beach ahead. This sandy beach is covered with footprints and drag marks from the boats of other smugglers, and a stairway can be see ahead in the darkness. But there is no sign of the contact you're supposed to meet up with.

Perception:

Glen Fiddich: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Prophet: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Guang: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Lurgh: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Milo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 (-1 in bright light)

As they begin to drag the lighter ashore and tie it off to the large iron rings, the Prophet and Milo also notice a hidden passage in the rocks to the rest.

The secret door is marked on the map, and I placed your icons. If you could also give me a standard marching order that would be great. Also, there is no light down here.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-9 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / 15 T / 20 FF | CMD 24 | Bane 13/13 | 2nd Judgment 3/3; Surge 1/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +13; +1 vs poison/disease; +2 vs enchantments ; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Perception +16, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +12 | Discern Lies 9/9 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 16 5-ft inc/day 18/18 |Conditions: heroism, defending bone, heightened awareness

"Sharp eyes, Milo and Prophet. Want to check that out first, or begin our exploration here? Hate passing up a secret, once it's spotted."

Glen would like to check out the secret door first.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

GM, could you put a token for our healer friend on the map, so I don't keep forgetting he's with us too! =)

Milo gets off the boat, dripping wet, and not happy about it... though you've come to realize he's rarely happy about anything. He glares at the boat for a moment, as if pondering lighting it on fire. The spectral driver sits motionless at the tiller, its job done.

Will be around for 7 more hours, if we need to use the boat again!

"Where's the gob what's pointin' us straight?" Milo mutters, noticing their guide is nowhere to be seen. "Less the rozzers hooked him." He adds, with a scowl.

don't care which way we go! secret or otherwise =)
For his part, Milo tries to stay out of sight in the back... stealthing whenever possible!

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

As Agosa regains his composure from the boat ride, he speaks up as the other work on securing the lighter. "Where in the the nine hells is our contact? He's supposed to be here to lead us through the castle safely. I understand that you're all in charge, but might I suggest we explore this smuggler's passage first? He has to be here somewhere."

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wizard 8 / Sorcerer 1
Stats:
(HP 78/64 | AC 17, Touch 13, FlatFooted 15 | CMD 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +8 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (light sensitive) | Versatile Evocation 9/10, Touch of Rage 3/3, Selective Rod 2/3 )

Is the secret way the smugglers passage? Or the main tunnel we're in?

Dark Archive

Goblins|| ...||Heresy

The main passage you're in

Silver Crusade

Aasimar monkadin/COI 9 | AC 30 *T21*F25* CMD 34 | 64/65hp | F13 R11 W13 | Per +18 Init +2

"Brother Milo, thank you for your excellent 'hokum' with the ship's sailor," Guang says sincerely, as he considers the two paths before them. "I am not knowing much of how to sail!"

He laces his fingers over his prosperous belly and studies the two options. "Both are potentially interesting. Brother Agosa, if you suggest we look for our contact in the main tunnel, this humble one is willing to follow your wisdom. Perhaps we should open this door that is secret first to see if it contains a small chamber, something easy to be searched? Or that it is not holding an enemy! But if it is holding a long path and no ambushing, then perhaps we seek our contact along the likelier main route, yes?"

My vote is open the secret door just to make sure there's no baddies behind it, but look for our contact along the main (depending on what we find behind secret door). Is it possible to tell if the secret door has been used recently? Sand built up against it indicating long disuse, anything like that?

Scarab Sages

|| HP: 46/68 || AC: 22 (26), T: 20, FF: 17 (21), CMD: 27 || F: +13, R: +12, W: +13, <Evasion, Prot from Possession> || Speed: 40ft || Perc: +13 (DV 60ft), Sense Motive: +12 || Init: +4 || LG Aasimar Cleric 7/Monk 2, Scimitar +13/+13/, 1d6+5 (15/x2) or Unarmed Strike +11/+11/+6 1d8 (20/x2) ||

I'd rather be in the front than middle or back, as a lot of my abilities help the party if I am targeted first.

"I'd suggest at least looking into it. We neither want to be caught off from an escape, should things not go as planned, and to be honest, what we find within might be of some use."

1 to 50 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Turmoil's GD VI: The Heresy of Man series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.