Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Turmoil's Cosmic Captive (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ckelley83

Maps and Visuals

Time Passed: 133 minutes

Scenario Bonuses:

+2 initiative in next combat
+2 initiative in Areas D & E
Can call on small water elemental for one encounter (x2)
Wish: next foe weakened


1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Open for dotting only

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Dotting

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

During your travels and studies over the past week or so, you were all approached by a cloaked tengu messenger, who uttered not a word and handed you an envelop with a wax seal of the Glyph of the Open Road. Inside the envelop were simple instructions to be in a specific room of the Grand Lodge at a specific time. No reason was given, nor any hint to the mission at hand.

On the specified day, today, you arrive in a small, and unremarkable office within the Lodge. An old wooden desk sits on one side of the room, collecting dust. Three wooden chairs are stacked in one corner, having obviously gone unused for quite some time. In the center of the room is a lone square table, like something to be used on a bedside, with a single envelope lying on top, much like the one you received from the messenger. The message within reads,

You have all been hand chosen to work as a team for a vital mission for the Society. This evening, make your way to the Spire of Nex in the Cairnlands. Be sure to come well prepared, as you may be in a foreign land for several days. You will learn more details about the mission on your arrivals.
S.W.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

An old, grey-haired man walks into the room. There's an element to his motion more of gliding than walking though. Even more than gliding, it's as if he is gently falling into place with each step; the effect seems even more pronounced as he takes a seat and picks up the letter.

Seated, his beard and what remains of his long, grey hair continue to move about as if a mild breeze moves through the room. It's easy to confirm that the air is indeed stagnant in this deep interior room of the Grand Lodge, but any who get close enough to the man as they move around to find their own seats do feel a light draft when very near.

Apparently the first to arrive, he sets the letter down as someone else enters the room behind him. "Hello," he offers in greeting. "I am Robyyn; do not be alarmed by my charge Ayrii." On hearing its name, a small bat noses its head out of the tangled grey beard.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Bat 1 Bat | HP: 3/3 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 3 (1 Fl) | F: +0, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +2 | Speed 5 ft, fly 40 ft (good) | Active conditions: Blindsense, Low-Light Vision

"... ... ..." The bat opens its mouth wide in silence as it takes its measure of the new entrants to the room.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"It looks like we've been tasked with a mission," Robyyn continues. "In typical Society fashion, they've brought us all here to instruct us to meet somewhere else."

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Could everyone please fill in their info on the second slide of the map link as well.

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

A small gnome wearing a well polished silverish chain shirt and a long blue cloak, skips into the room "Hello Robyyn!" he says with a wave in response to the other man's greeting "Alarmed? Why would I be alarmed? It's adorable... Hello little one." he says as he approaches to scratch it's ear "I'm Kronas by the way. Kronas Kronglic, pleased to meet you!" he extends his hand to shake but suddenly exclaims "Oooh! Another letter." and rushes off to the middle of the room to read it.

"It's soo secretive..." he says as he replaces the letter. He then scrunches up his face "A bit stuffy in here isn't it." He walks up to stand uncomfortably close to Robyyn "That's better! You found the cool spot... where is that nice breeze coming from? I wonder how many more people will come? Does Ayrii live in your beard?" He continues to rattle off questions without waiting for a reply, clearly overexcited to start... whatever is going to start this evening.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

A red skinned tiefling confidently walks into the room. Ignoring the current occupants, he heads straight for the letter and reads it. Placing it back precisely where he found it, he addresses the group.

"You two have been selected to work with me? I pray you are sturdier than you appear." I suppose children and the old have their uses too. The little toad I last worked with was also small, but decidedly deadly.

He moves to the center of the back wall and takes a seat, commanding a full view of the room and entrance. "I am Lutorinus Exsuberia, Faithful of Asmodeus. What strengths do you bring to the team?" Your limitations shall be made readily apparent, I am sure of it. This brief conversation will make them sting a little less.

________
Any wands or scrolls people would like me to hold for them?

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

"Hello Lutorinus! I'm Kronas, Kronas Kronglic" Kronas waves enthusiastically at the new arrival "Oh, I have many strengths... unless you count strength, I'm not very strong, but I have other strengths!" He pulls out a short sword from its scabbard and holds it in the air in the most heroic pose he can muster "See! I'm a Knight... or at least I will be one day." He sheaths the sword again and starts rummaging through his pack "Oh, and I also have this flag... It makes me look soo heroic when I wave it in the air!" he continues to search Where did I put it?

No wands from me, but thanks for the offer. :)

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Robyyn seems to be preparing some form of response to the gnome's barrage of questions, but his train of thought is interrupted by the tiefling's dramatic and insulting entrance. Does he think to endear us to him through emotional injury? Sometimes I'm not sure what these Venture Captains see in modern recruits.

"You can pray, but unless your... Asmodeus... grants it, I'll be no sturdier than I appear." Robyyn stands and walks up to the tiefling, looking him up and down. "I am old and frail, but I will help turn the tides of our endeavors; worry not." He pauses, simply looking at the infernal creature for a moment. As he turns to return to his seat, he casts a final thought over his shoulder. "Just don't forget to 'Cooperate.'"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

A weatherbeaten young man slinks into the room well dressed in fine fashionable clothing but has twin bandaliers with various potions and a shortbow. There is also a glint of mail under the clothes and as well as a backpack a wicked looking two handed curved blade carried on one shoulder.

My name is Artus Finardian and I am a scout with an interest in languages and I believe I have much to offer in service to the pathfinder society. Strength and cooperation are both good traits but so is cunning.

I carry a wand of Cure light wounds in a wrist sheath which i could try and use with umd. I am also highly skilled with intimidate and can use as a free action if i get combat advantage


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

God's be damned, this one is a toddler with toys! I hope that "heroism" makes a difference when it counts.

Lutorinus smiles at Robyyns reminder. It is that very tenant that protects me from the likes of you. I'm sure you wouldn't give me the time of day if it didn't bind you to do so. Contracts, what a beautiful institution.

"It appears I will need to pray more frequently," he mutters. I should at least feign interest in his abilities. We will most likely be near each other when things turn to combat. "What talents do you possess then? There are many skilled members of this Society, perhaps you are one of them?"

________
Artus, would you like me to hold your wand? My combat options aren't very dynamic so healing isn't a bad option for me. No worries if not!

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf | Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF:| 14 F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +7 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 | Active conditons: None

A moderately tall and spindly half-elf wanders in clutching a notebook and charcoal. His well-used but maintained armor still bears the faint traces of Andoran symbols, though the armor likely predates the half-elf by a few centuries. Slung across his back is a longbow and a quiver and laid crosswise from these is a large hammer. On the front of the brace holding his weapons, the alchemist carries the tools of his trade; various little vials and bottles full of uproarious colors that tinkle slightly when he moves. A vribrant, forest green scarf tops all of this off. After a moment of quiet writing, he claps the notebook closed and slides it into a specially designed pocket and then slowly wraps the charcoal, placing it into a second pocket. He then finally glances around the room.

Giving everyone everyone a smile, Menarul opens his mouth as if to say something before the table and it's letter catches his eyes. He closes his mouth and moves over to the table. A frown forms at his nose and then floods over his face as he reads the letter. When he finishes, he puts the letter back and then pulls out his notebook and charcoal again. He starts scribbling and mumbling something to himself. With his nose still intently in the notebook, he wanders back out of the room.

For GM:

Menarul is going out for supplies, assuming he can.
He is going to sell his old butterfly knife for 5 gp.
He then is going to buy:
A Chain Shirt, 100 gp
A Spiked Gauntlet, 5 gp
Arrows (Durable, 20), 1 gp each, 20 gp total
Arrows (Blunt, 20), 1 gp total
Arrows (Thistle, 10), 1gp each, 10 gp total
Alchemist's Fire (2), 20gp each, 40 gp total
Alchemist's Fire Reagents (3), 1/3 of 20 gp each, 20 gp total
A Liquid Ice, 40 gp
Akali Flask (2), 15 gp each, 30 gp total
And A Burst Jar. 35 gp

He will earn (+)5 gp, and spend (-)301 gp for a net total of (-)296 gp spent. This will leave him with 597 gp and 2 sp.

Finally, he is going to spend 2pp to get a wand of CLW.

He is also going to go leave the parade armor at home.

An hour or so later he returns, wearing a newer looking chainmail shirt and a self contented smile all the while fiddling with a new wand. Both his brace and quiver are now filled with new vials, jars, and arrows. He gives everyone a beaming smile and sits down on the remaining chair. After a second he gives a start and says, "Wait, I never did introduce myself! So sorry! I'm Menarul. I have a fair aim with a bow and a bomb and can readily weild a lucerne hammer. It's nice to meet you."

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

A tall, solid, yet skinny man enters the crowded room quietly and slowly observes everyone else. He has dark skin, a bald head, and light, airy traveling clothes. A glint of steel shows him to be wearing a chain shirt, but no weapons are visible on him. The only other item of note is the small coin that dances swiftly between the long fingers of his right hand as he walks.

Quite the interesting group. I hate being the last to arrive, hope I didn't miss anything important.

He clears his throat slightly after a moment, and says "I appear to be late. Have we instructions yet?"

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Yes, we are to meet at the Spire of Nex, in the Cairnlands tonight. As such, you are not yet late!" Robyyn says with a smile. "My name is Robyyn. Assembled here are also Kronas, Lutorinus, Artus, and was it Menarul?" Robyyn motions towards each as he goes through the names.

"They suggest being prepared for a long trip to foreign lands; Menarul has already gone shopping, it seems. I too think I should probably pick up a few things. If any would like to join me, feel free, otherwise I will see you all at the Spire tonight."

I will come up with a shopping list later tonight; it should be ready to go before we 'start' tomorrow.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu nods briefly to each in turn as they are introduced. "Well met - I am Zandu. I will go with you, I could stock up on a few things."

For GM:

Making the following purchases:
Air Crystals - 50gp
Potion of CLW x2 - 100gp
Vermin Repellent - 5gp

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Kronas waves at the new arrivals as they come in, and waves again happily when he is introduced by Robyyn "Oh, oh, can I come too? I'd like to add some fringe to my flag, make it extra special looking."
_______
On second thought Lutorinus, if the offer's still open, it might be handy for you to hold on to my wand of CLW (only 5 charges). This is the first time I've played this character as a combatant, so a little safety net might be nice :)


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Wall of text incoming! Splitting it into two parts to make it a bit easier to digest.

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

While the crowds gathered, you may have picked up some of the rumors circulating:

Diplomacy DC 12:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

Diplomacy DC 17:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

Diplomacy DC 22:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

Diplomacy DC 27:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

===================================

A few of you have heard of the Spire of Nex during your travels and studies:

Knowledge Arcana or History DC 10:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

Knowledge Arcana or History DC 20:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

===================================

Some have even studied the heavens and know a bit more about the comet:

Knowledge Geography or Profession Astronomer DC 10:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

Knowledge Geography or Profession Astronomer DC 15:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

Knowledge Geography or Profession Astronomer DC 20:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

Knowledge Geography or Profession Astronomer DC 25:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

You are all offered a casting of the planetary adaptation spell. I strongly advise you to make use of this. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow).

Planetary adaptation:
Planetary adaptation grants the targets immunity to the harmful environmental effects of a particular world on the Material Plane, including such hazards as toxicity, extreme temperatures, and lack of air. Additionally, you gain energy resistance 20 to a single energy type prevalent on that world (choose one if more than one type is equally prevalent). For the purpose of this adventure, planetary adaptation grants no energy resistance but does protect the recipient from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity.

===================================

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf. The party is also given a wand of CLW with 10 charges.

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

In addition, there are wandering merchants selling any last minute supplies you may want to purchase.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

Lutorinus stands in awe of the scene before him. The experience is too distracting for him to really pay attention to what the crowd is saying and he had never heard of the Spire of Nex or studied the celestial bodies and their workings before. I suppose I will have to learn what I can from my travel companions. Should be grueling.

He stares at the man and boy approaching them, waiting to be greeted. Low gravity? What plane are we traveling to? The tiefling raises an eyebrow in disbelief at the location. The comet? What in the Nine Hells are they planning?

"I will accept your offer," he says flatly. My contract with the Society should prevent any costs here, but he isn't convincing that they will honor it...

"Thank you for the gear," Lutorinus says, a slight air of smugness with. It is about time the Society started preparing me more for missions. The bag is a little light, but it is a start.

Rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Knowledge Arcana DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Knowledge Geography DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
[ooc]Gotta get the bad ones out early!

________
Kronas, I am more than happy to use your wand. Unless someone else wants to hold the party wand, I can take that one too!

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu watches all the happenings with a fascination, and more than a little bit of awe, silently taking in all the chaos. He catches nothing substantial from the crowds, too preoccupied with the awe-inspiring activities around the Spire.

He bows graciously at the offer of the protection spell, responding with "Protection is appreciated." He likewise accepts the bag of supplies. I wonder if all assignments are this well equipped? It is quite helpful.

As he hears their destination, his gaze is drawn upward toward the comet, and the speed at which the ever-present coin dances through his fingers increases. "I did not expect to travel to space this early in my career. Or ever."

Rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf | Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF:| 14 F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +7 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 | Active conditons: None

While everyone goes shopping, Menarul takes his time moving to the spire, taking in all of the sights and sounds, stopping every now and then to take memos in his notebook. He hears some rumors here and there, enough to get completely confused about what is happening. When he catches up with the group at the base of the spire, he comments, "Since those lights appeared in the sky, Absalom has been going wild. The usual soothsayer and doomsayers are out in force, but everyone's stories are different."

Menarul watches intently, as the mage and technicians start setting up the various wards and spells, if any of them are nearby he starts peppering them with questions about the details of their work.

When the elf approaches and starts talking, Menarul listens with half an ear, still focused on the wards being set up. He does ask the man a few detailed questions, such as how long exactly the spell will last, and if they should be anything they should avoid doing or encountering that might affect the spell. After finding the answers satisfactory, he accepts the casting of it. Finally he gratefully accepts the bag of supplies and digs around in it. He particularly is taken with the bag of air crystals and hold up one to the fading light asks the boy tugging the cart. "Did you make these or know anything about these? How do you make them? What reagents are needed?"

Rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
I don't know if this is a diplomacy roll Student of Philosophy would apply to or not. If it is, this is a 20
Knowledge arcana, untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Knowledge Geography, untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Kronas stands in the middle of the group eating the remains of some kind of meatball on a stick "Wow! look at all this..." He looks around wide-eyed at the crowded scene "I mean, in the market earlier, I saw all the doomsayers you're talking about, Menarul, and they were shouting all sorts of crazy stuff about the comet... I thought they were all mad, but just look at all this! Maybe they were right?" The crackling of a nearby ward gets him even more excited and he rushes off to investigate along with Menarul.

Minutes later, Kronas skips back to the rest of the group, now eating a strange sticky fruit "Apparently, there are all these strange gateways appearing around the world! Plus, there's something going on in the elemental planes... Wow, this is soo exciting!" He continues looking around with growing excitement. When the Elf offers to cast his spell, Kronas accepts immediately, nodding along to Zandu "Yeah, I've been told to always use protection... Ooh! Goodies!" He quickly finishes the rest of his dessert and grabs a pack with sticky fingers, he then spends the next few minutes happily investigating and playing with its contents.

Rolls:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Know. Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
________
Thanks Lutorinus! It makes sense for you to hold on to the communal wand too, I think.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Robyyn watches the scene unfold with interest. Ahh, the comet that appeared recently. Of course the Society would involve itself with this.

With his attention absorbed by the intricate goings-on around him, Robyyn is oblivious to the rumors swirling through the crowd, and his prior knowledge is sorely limited. This hulabaloo must have arisen while I was out at the Gloomspires; the city is all a fervor, it seems.

When asked if he wants the planetary adaptation spell, Robyyn sheepishly averts his gaze. When he sees an opportunity to discreetly pull the elf aside, just for a moment, he does, leaning his head in close to speak quietly. "I am a relatively new Society member, and am afraid my prestige is not yet strong. Is there any chance I could borrow against the influence my future exploits will bring?" Robyyn has no available prestige points to spend; he's earned and spent 4 so far in his career. Can he spend one of the prestige that he might earn on this chronicle sheet to get the spell?

Rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Knowledge (geography), untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus just stops and watches the chaotic scenes in front of him as he is a bit of a country boy.

When offered the spell Of course I will accept as you are far more aware of what dangers we might face.

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

The gateway that the Pathfinders open outside Absalom connects to Aucturn’s Tear on the ridge just outside the immense impact crater. The gateway is between the dark and bright sides of the asteroid and maintains a comfortable temperature and normal lighting. This region was once part of the planet Iovo’s crust, and broad rocky stripes crisscross the landscape, displaying countless stratigraphic layers.

As soon as your party steps through the portal, you find yourselves in the midst of a massive battle. You also find that your step is much lighter, and your packs seem to weigh less. Your party is quickly approached by two vaguely humanoid creatures of dirt and stone, faceless save for a pair of glowing gemstone eyes.

DC 11 Knowledge Planes to identify, and 1 additional question for every 5 you beat the DC.

Initiative:

Robyyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kronas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Menarul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Artus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Zandu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Lutorinus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Baddies: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Round 1

Artus
Zandu
Lutorinus

==========================
Red
Blue
==========================
Robyyn
Kronas
Menarul

Gravity on this part of the asteroid is only 1/5th that of Golarion. This means you can jump 5 times as high and carry 5 times as much. Projectiles have their ranges multiplied by 5 as well. This will be in effect until further notice.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu's eyes widen as the stone creatures advance. He hesitates, unsure at first, until he hears Westyr's shout. His eyes narrow as his hand extends out, and the coin he has been playing with the whole time shoots out of his hand, seeming to gather brunt force around it as it flies off to the nearest creature. He then backs away, allowing his companions room to fight the creatures.

Rolls:

Attacking with telekinetic blast, within point-blank range, at blue. Choosing bludgeoning damage. Then using move action to move back.
Attack, bludgeoning, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

The magic she is using to project this image is... astounding. I must discover the means to do so myself, this visual display of knowledge would be immensely useful to furthering my workings in Isger. Before he can do much else, battle erupts.

He steps through the portal, eager to discover the other side. This is a little disappointing, but I have a feeling it is just the beginning.

Seeing the creatures start to close, he sends a bolt to greet them. However his habits stem from a plane with stronger gravity and he over compensates for the arc, the bolt flying high over head.

"Your turn, Gentlemen!" he calls out as he takes a step back.
________

Actions:

Move Draw Crossbow
Standard Fire
Free 5ft back

Rolls:

Planes, DC 11: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Stat block please ;)
DR? Special Attacks? Immunities?
Light Crossbow (Flagbearer): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lutorinus would immediately share the information he is able to recall about these creatures btw. I will RP it in my next post, I just don't know it yet :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus move's and as he does he draws his elven curved blade.

Artus then strikes at Blue

elven curved blade(flagbearer): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Earth elementals, no DR, immune to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning, no special attacks, lowest save is reflex,

Artus rushes forward to attack with his blade, but can't manage to penetrate the stony exterior of the elemental. Zandu has a little more luck though, and his coin leaves a gaping hole of dirt in it, while the tiefling fires a crossbow bolt off into the nothingness of space. Both of the elementals move to attack the closest foe, and Artus is struck hard with a pair of stony fists, breaking bones and leaving him barely able to stand.

Red vs Artus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Blue vs Artus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Round 1/2

Artus (-16)
Zandu
Lutorinus

==========================
Red
Blue (-7)
==========================
Robyyn
Kronas
Menarul

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Robyyn steps through the portal with the others, wanting time to explore this light-bodied sensation and the robust increase in his apparent strength. But Westyr's cry and the frantic start of battle command his attention, and he turns to the task at hand.

His gaze finds the nearer of the two elementals, landing on the creature, growing deeper and darker until his eyes flash with mystical energy. He sees the creature take a small, otherwise innocuous misstep at the same moment his eyes clear, and a deep-throated chuckle rises from his throat as he takes a quick step to reposition himself.

Actions:

Standard action to use Evil Eye targeting Red for a -2 penalty to AC. Will DC 15 for 1 round, otherwise 7 rounds duration.
Move action to Cackle, extending the duration of Evil Eye for 1 round in either case.
5' Step

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Distracted by talk of dragons, Kronas was a little slow to react to the danger A dragon! Where? Looking over his shoulder as he passes through the gate, he only turns around in time to see Artus receive two mighty whacks from the stone creatures. He reacts immediately "For the Pathfinders!" He roars as he charges towards the stony creatures, drawing his blade and the flag (that had been strapped to his backpack) as he goes. Unfortunately, his small legs are unable to carry him all the way to Artus' aid. However, something about the sight of the charging Gnome with a billowing Pathfinder Society flag held high is very inspiring.

Now, flagbearer comes to play! All allies within 30' of Kronas get +1 morale bonus to hit and damage.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu grins as he sees his coin tear a chunk out of the creature. He circles around to the west, trying to get another clear shot. Once he sees a clear line, he clenches his fist again, and a small piece of debris shoots up from the ground and toward the elemental. His aim was off this time, though, as the rock goes shooting right past the creature instead.

Crunch:

Move action to move
Standard action to use telekinetic blast against blue
Attack, PBS, Flag: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 8
Damage, PBS, Flag: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

"Earth Elementals! These aren't old enough to resist your blows, but are still immune to a host of things. Keep it simple!" As Artus peels of from the party while he lists off the immunities he remembers, Lutorinus frowns. It is always good to have a scapegoat for the enemy, but this one doesn't seem to be faring too well. With a sigh, Lutorinus bounds off after Artus.

The unusual gravity turning his strides into over large jumps, he skids to an uneasy stop. Catching himself before he teeters over, he draws the wand granted to the party. "Excitable, aren't we? Take care to be less reckless," he flatly states as his hand glows with a white energy that flows into the wounded Pathfinder.

________

Rolls:

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Actions:

Move SW of Artus
Swift Draw Wand
Standard Cast CLW

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

elven curved blade(flag): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

ecb(confirm): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
crit damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Retcon

Robyyn doesn't have Cackle. Sorry, I'm playing a witch in an AP as well, and I confused Robyyn's tactics with the other witch. Robyyn will still laugh as described, but it has no in-game effect.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf | Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF:| 14 F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +7 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 | Active conditons: None

Menarul gives a deep sigh. Why do they always rush into melee? I could soften them up from here and Artus wouldn't have taken that nasty blow. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Now how am I going to attack this problem...

Giving the elementals, the distance between them and the landscape a judging look, he slowly pulls his hammer from the brace on his back. He then give a few experimental bounds towards the nearest elemental before taking a final jump into a comfortable position. He then plants his feet and watches the creature for an opening to attack.

Actions:
Move to draw, and a standard to move closer.

In case they provoke an AoO or next turn's attack:
AoO, flag bearer: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage,flagbearer Bludgeoning: 1d12 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Of course the site has been down ever since I got back last night. Just found out this works on mobile for me though. I understand that everyone's access may be different right now, but do your best to get your posts in. I'm going to wrap up this combat and push us forward as we are already a little behind.

Robyyn gazes at one of the elementals, catching its attention and distracting it for the others, while Kronas waves his flag around for inspiration. Menarul draws his hammer and moves closer to the action just as Artus makes one of his attackers pay, and slays the creature with his blade. As Lutorinus helps mend some of the rogue's wounds, Zandu sends a coin flying of into the landscape. Thankfully, the remaining elemental just misses with his attack on Artus.

Red vs Artus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

With the elemental greatly outnumbered, the Pathfinders have no issue at all striking it down. Before you can even catch your breath though, you see someone approaching quickly.

”You handled those elementals with flair!” A Varisian woman is leaping towards you, she is obviously enjoying the low gravity.

”We have located the three avenues of approach and have some more information on them. It is your choice how to proceed, so here is what we know:”

Area B: Into the Crater
”The crater is swarming with defenders. If you choose to go there you need to be prepared for combat, but it seems the most direct route to the center of the asteroid.”

Area D: The Frozen City
”We have located a frozen city on the asteroid’s dark side. If you want you can explore the city to see if we can find the means to help the trapped being.”

Area F: Sea of Light
”On the sunny side we have located the wreck of a metal craft. It might contain the same kind of objects as can be found in Numeria. If you want to explore that be aware that that side of the asteroid is bathing in direct sunlight, without any protection from an atmosphere.”

”It is your decision, I’ll be off to brief that group over there on what we found” and she moves away before you can even start to think of questions.

Where do you go?

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 3| HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 13 | F+5 R+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perception +10, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 44/50; Wand of Bless 45/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 4/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/3+1, 2nd 0+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10; Scroll Invisibility 5/5

"Darkness is a friend of mine and Numeria is a place I've never been to. This frozen city appears to be the best starting location," Lutorinus says, lazily drawing a wand, jet black with pulsing red veins. He anoints Artus with an Asmodean pentagram and his wounds begin to rapidly heal themselves. "Needless to say, our group isn't as well equipped for "swarming defenders" as other groups probably are."

________
Artus, you have 10HP back via Infernal Healing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

I agree as i am the nearest thing to a primary melee fighter and I am a rogue. That's why i jumped in people. We are better suited to explore and work things out. I am a linguist by the way

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 1/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 9/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

"We could take them!" Kronas says, confidently "But a whole city to explore... Well that sounds too good to pass up." He tries out a few bounding leaps, swishing his sword as he reaches the apex of each jump "Wow, I could get used to this! I could look giants straight in the eye and say 'Boo!'." He starts to chuckle "They'd be soo surprised."
________
If we're going to the darkside, Kronas will use dancing lights to help everyone see.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu nods in agreement, as he holds out his hand and the coin that had embedded itself in the first elemental shoots out to him. He resumes fiddling with the coin, and moves to follow the others. "Ice city it is".

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Time: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (9, 2) + 10 = 21
I will be tracking overall time since the party arrived on the asteroid. This can help you keep track of buffs, but it also plays into the scenario. Time Elapsed: 22 min

The Pathfinders quickly decide to go to the Frozen City and set off with the sun at their backs. As you make your way to the Frozen City, the sun quickly sets over the horizon behind you, leaving only dim starlight as a guide. Because the asteroid flies without rotation, this part is left without any sunlight to warm it. The temperature drops rapidly to below 0 F and if it weren’t for the protection of the spells offered to you before the portal opened, your fingers and toes would surely freeze off within the hour.

The barren landscape eventually gives way to a vast forest of lifeless trees blanketing this landscape. They resemble conifers, but not any recognizable species. A thin layer of ice coats each branch, tracing dappled shadows in the starlight. A dark, half-fallen spire rises in the distance, while running water splashes nearby is heard alongside the sound of vicious combat.

In a nearby clearing, you spot several creatures that appear to be made of water, though their bodies are sluggish and partially frozen. For whatever reason, they all see to be ganging up and attacking one of their own. Green

Aquan or Linguistics DC 20:
Though you can't make out the exact words, it sounds as if the one being attacked calls upon you for help.

Sense Motive DC 15:
The creature being attacked seems to be in distress and trying to shield itself

Besides the creature in the center of the mob, the others don’t seem to pay you any heed.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
No idea what they are saying

Dark Archive

...|| ...||Heresy

Edited the last post, forgot to add the SM spoiler.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Turmoil's Cosmic Captive (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.