Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMTrex's PFS [Standard] 02-14 The Chasm of Screams (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Trexler

Tactical Map | Briefing


151 to 200 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

REF with Evasion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Well that explains the mission dossier."

Take ten heal/perception: "Looks like the bones of about 20, and who knows what's under the ice. And here take a look at this rune etched one."

If someone doesn't use that Rod I'mma gunna go Senzo on them."

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 12/23

Reflex (fall): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Reflex (cyclone): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Thighbite is far too preoccupied keeping an eye on his companions to pay much attention to what lies ahead.

HP: 109 -> 103

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Ref (fall): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Ref (wind): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Markolf wrote:
"This place kind of sucks."

Aye...I'd even say it blows.

He brushes off the snow from his shoulder. Which way, men?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Heal check: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Perception check: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Knowledge check: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

"So many bones... It's like the Cave of Caerbannog. Watch for a beast with nasty, sharp, pointy teeth!" Nym mimes the chompers of some monster.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Bit of an eccentric performance, but entertaining

I...am an enchanter!!

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

perception take 10: 10 + 14 = 24
nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

"In natural processes there is no sucking, only blowing"


Rod of Wonder in hand, the party stares up at a vertical shaft that terminates far overhead.

Plan for getting up and over?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym grasps a pearl in his hand and channels the arcane energy within to instantly restore a part of his memory. "I can levitate again," he says with a smile. "Worst case is a can take an end of rope up, knotted, and anchor it somewhere for you to to climb."

The enchanter is oblivious to the idea that his ideas are potentially dangerous.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Senzo is oblivious to most dangerous ideas...

If there are solid hand holds, Senzo would take 10 for a 17. If not, then he stares at Nym waiting for him to fly up and lower a rope.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

If'n I fall I got the means to save meself . He lifts a foot to indicate the winged boots thereon

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

"Nym's idea is better than his teleporting. let him do it"


The ice wall is a forbidding climb -- slick and sheer -- so Nym opts for his spell. Senzo floats up in a most disconcerting way, and though he's got a rope tied to him, the other end is on the ground.

Once atop the crag, Senzo finds a suitable chunk of ice to tie the rope around. As he cinches the last knot, he scans the cavern. It appears to end here, devoid of any immediate signs of life.

That's when the denizens decide to attack.

Initiative!:

Hack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Linslo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Markolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Nym: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Senzo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Thighbite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Morlocks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Leaping from the walls and ceiling, bone-white degenerate humanoids descend on the poor lone dwarf with strange curved blades. In an instant, the dwarf is cut down before he can even shout a warning. His blood begins the congeal quickly on the icy floor.

Sneaking Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack @ Senzo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 CONFIRMED Damage: 2d4 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + (1, 4, 2, 3) = 22
Sneaking Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack @ Senzo: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21 MISS
Sneaking Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack @ Senzo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 HIT Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 5, 3, 6) = 25
Sneaking Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack @ Senzo: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23 HIT Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6, 2, 5, 4) = 23
Sneaking Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack @ Senzo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 CONFIRMED Damage: 2d4 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + (5, 4, 1, 3) = 25

Far below, his companions hear only the sick sounds of steel on flesh and bone -- and the cessation of Senzo usual loud breathing.

The crag (and Senzo's body) is 30 feet up the rope, DC 5 Climb check for the first 10 feet and DC 0 after that. Ceiling is 45 feet above the party (15 above Senzo). Knowledge Nature to identify once you can see them.

Round I -- bold may act!
Surprise! Denizens
1. Markolf, Hack, Linslo, Nym
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite, Senzo (-7/88 hp, bleeding out, unconscious, prone)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Holy crap! Not even a Perception check?
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Aegis of Recovery: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 2) + 3 = 12

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

HP 5/88


Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 Nope :)

Senzo's aegis fires to keep him conscious, prompting the sixth creature to make its leaping assault. The dwarf ducks and clings to consciousness by the barest of margins, surrounded by silent foes.

Leaping Swarming Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 MISS

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack, Linslo, Nym
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite, Senzo (5/88 hp)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Using Reroll here. Waiting on clarification of their "leaping" attack before I try anything. If they all made "charges" by dropping down from directly above I'll take AoOs on Yellow and Green + 1.
If they charged from down the hall, Id habe no way of knowing where they were headed, so realistically I'd have taken 3 AoOs on whoever came at me first. Also, cuz I'm dumb, I messed up the Aegis roll, HP: 10/88.
Init: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 5 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

BY TORAG'S TESTES, YOU WON'T TAKE ME FRIEND YA SNAGGLETOOTH TURDBURGLARS!!! YAAAAARRRRRRR!!!

Hack leaps forward, striking at green with both ends of his axe. Two-weapon archetype's Double Strike ability = attack w/both ends as a standard action

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

You're at the bottom aren't you?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Sorry, misunderstood the sitch. Activate winged boots and fly 20' up. Taunt remains!

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

Linslo quickly removes a potion and quaffs it down. After a small belch, his feet are no longer touching the floor.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

"My pet!"

Markolf spends a point from his arcane reservoir to move up to 70 ft using Dimensional Slide, ending up next to Senzo.

He casts Vanish defensively, targeting Senzo:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Then he sees all the creatures.

"I've made a huge mistake..."

Knowledge check?
Kn, except Nobles, Geog, Eng) Best of 2 rolls: 1d1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Kn, except Nobles, Geog, Eng) Best of 2 rolls: 1d1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36


Markolf lends some much-needed aid to Senzo whilst putting himself in extreme danger. The cavalry takes to the air, but the question is how quickly they can arrive...

Reroll gets Senzo a(n invisible) turn!

Markolf:
These creatures are morlocks, degenerate humanoids who have deformed over ages of sequestered cavern life. These specimens look particularly advanced, cunning, and intelligent, judging by the skill with which they dismantled Senzo's defenses. Four questions.

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack, Linslo, Nym, Senzo (10/88 hp)
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Defenses, Special Attacks, Vulnerabilities, and Worst Save please!

Markolf will communicate this information with the short time he has left in this world.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym sees everyone trying to get up in a hurry, so he casts Haste. Should get Harnac, Thighbite, Linslo, and Nym.


Morlocks are quick and shifty, easily dodging most blasts, and are immune to disease and poisons. They are, however, vulnerable to light -- something they don't see much of in their dark caves. Morlocks live in tight spaces, and are therefore able to swarm. Their natural climbing skills allows them to attack in a spectacular leaping fashion (Leaping Attack monster ability). Morlocks have fantastic reflexes, but are not especially hardy or headstrong.

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack, Linslo, Nym, Senzo (10/88 hp)
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Not trusting to the spell being enough, Senzo leaps down Acrobatics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Seeing the squishy wizard bravely interpose himself to save Senzo, Harnac redoubles his efforts to draw the beasties' attention.

C'MON DOWN HERE and try facing a dwarf ready for ye, ye cowardly crap-bags! Ya clay-eatin' toad-faced pukes!! Ya think stickin yer twigs inna that piece o' meat shows yer worth?? TRY STICKIN ME, if'n ye can!!!!


Senzo successfully makes the leap! Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 2

To Markolf's surprise (and anyone else who can see over the ledge at the moment) and Hack's dismay, the morlocks scatter, leaping to cavern walls and overhangs that make it easy for them to hide. The last one tosses a vial at Markolf, that explosively mushrooms into a thick cloud of purplish smoke.

Touch @ Markolf: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 HIT Fortitude save versus poison!

Failure:
DC 20. On failure, take 1 Wis damage and be confused for 1 round.

1d4 ⇒ 4
Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34

The cloud is thick, but only floats to 10 foot high, so it is possible to fly over. Anyone passing through it must also save versus poison. The morlocks are now hiding on the far side of the smoke; DC 34 Perception to spot them. I'll give everybody a free (as in free action) check once on the far side.

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf (Fort save!), Hack, Linslo, Nym, Senzo (10/88 hp)
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Still invisible, Senzo focuses his ki, knitting wounds Ki: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

not sure of heights here, but I'll assume that with Haste + Fly I can make the top of the climb easily, but not much else

Hack makes it to the side of the chasm he last saw the wizard, and lands outside the poison cloud.

Out with ye, ye worms! Come and face me!!

I have no chance of making that perception check...

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Fort save!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Continuing to throw caution to the wind, I will elect to use my reroll on that Fort save (+3).

Fort save?: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 3 = 24

Markolf manages to cough out the gas long enough to cast Vanish on himself and move out of the cloud. Invisible for 5 rounds, or until he does something stupid.

Concentration check, if needed: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Concentration check would fail (of course!) if it was needed

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 12/23

Thighbite starts the climb up. A hasted double move (120') with 5' on the ground to get to the rope should end up with him 5' from the top? Not sure if a fort save is necessary at that point - if so:
Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Hack makes it up over the cloud and beyond, Markolf disappears (no concentration needed), and Thighbite climbs with blistering speed up onto the crag. Senzo licks his wounds.

Thighbite -- no save needed at that point, but you can save it for the next round.

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf (Fort save!), Hack, Linslo, Nym, Senzo (20/88 hp)
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym begins to wave his arms around and chant as he begins a summoning spell...


Nym weaves his magic...

Round I -- bold may act!
1. Markolf (Fort save!), Hack, Linslo, Nym, Senzo (20/88 hp)
2. Denizens
3. Thighbite

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

linslo flies up to the top of the cavern and looks for baddies
perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

He then pulls out an oil from his pack and gets ready to apply it to his person.


Linslo does bard things and the GM looks at the map to find that Hack has placed himself inside a wall of ice. I've moved him in the first available safe landing zone outside the poison cloud -- but continuing to fly is an option too, so just let me know your elevation. It doesn't impact what the baddies do.

Please with their first attempt at rushing the only available target, the morlocks try for the second lone dwarf to appear in their domain. Six creatures leap from wall to wall, slashing at Harnac with wicked curved blades as they pass. Two spurts of dark red blood mark those strikes that penetrate his armor.

Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 not confirmed Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1, 6, 2, 4) = 19
Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 MISS
Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 MISS
Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 MISS
Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 MISS
Leaping Sneak Attack @ Hack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 CONFIRMED Damage: 2d4 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 + (2, 3, 2, 6) = 24

Baddies are now each attached to the walls 5 ft up. No perception check needed.

Round II -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack (73/123 hp), Linslo, Nym, Senzo (20/88 hp)
2. Morlocks
3. Thighbite

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 12/23

Thighbite moves up, rages, and takes a swing at blue.

Overcomes Magic, Cold Iron / Silver, Adamantine
+2 Furious Courageous Greatsword, Power Attack, Haste: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32 + Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5
+3 damage if the target can cast spells or has spell like abilities

AC: 23. HP: 103 + 27 rage. Rage round: 1

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 8/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Still invisible and gravely injured, Senzo takes some time (while bobbing in space) to heal himself again. Wholeness: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

May I 5' step to reach purple--or better yet, purple & yellow?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym completes his casting, and 1d3 ⇒ 1 small air elemental appears up the shaft in the air above the enchanter.

Auran:
"My dwarf and halfling allies are being attacked by creatures. Kill those creatures."

The elemental moves toward a creature, unperturbed by the cloud. It in turn slams with an elemental fist.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Slam (confirm?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage (crit): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The bearded wizard then curses how depleted his flying magic is, and grabs hold of one of his pearls of power to renew memories of a spell (feather fall). "Not looking forward to climbing..."

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf tip-toes next to Harnac and casts a Powerfully Changed Bull's Strength.

Harnac now has a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength for the next 8 minutes.


Thighbite leads the counterattack blade first! Nym sends in reinforcements and an invisible something makes Harnac feel all tingly all of the sudden. Senzo continues licking his wounds.

Thighbite: you're still in the gas cloud and will need to make a save next round, but you've got enough movement to make it 5 ft further east if you want to.

Hack: yes you can! (Purple and Orange, that is. You're already within reach of Purple alone.)

Round II -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack (73/123 hp), Linslo, Nym, Senzo (35/88 hp)
2. Morlocks (Blue@42dmg)
3. Thighbite

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 121/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

in that case...

Harnac screams bloody murder and begins Doing His Namesake on the purple morloc, blades flying with magical haste and magically enhanced strength. If purple falls, 5' step toward yellow & remainder of attacks on him

Effects: fly, haste, +4 net strength

Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 3 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 3 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 3 = 17

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 3 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 3 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfing Ranger 4/Fighter 2| HP 43/43\| AC 18 FF 15 Tch 14 | CMD 21 | F+9 R+11 W+4 | Perc +12 | Init +6

As Linslo starts to fly over ther cloud, he applies the oil to his skin or else he gets... NM. He starts to glow with a bright light [oil of daylight]

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 12/23

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Thighbite breathes in the poison and laughs.


Hack hacks four deep gashes into the nearest foe! Only its reflexes keep it from being cut down outright. However, the bard soon brings a greater terror to meet the morlocks: sunlight!

A horrible shrieking fills the chamber and creatures, blinded, clumsily retreat to the ceiling.

Morlocks are now 10 ft off the ground, adjacent to the ceiling. Thighbite and Hack each get an AoO.

Round II -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack AoO! (73/123 hp), Linslo, Nym, Senzo (35/88 hp)
2. Morlocks (Blue@42dmg, Purple@66dmg, all blind)
3. Thighbite AoO!

Grand Lodge

M Fighter / 7 AC:23/25 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 88/88 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Am I right in thinking there is no bard song currently active?

AoO: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 3 = 26
damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 3 = 17


Hack cuts down one morlock as it scampers to retreat!

Round III -- bold may act!
1. Markolf, Hack (73/123 hp), Linslo, Nym, Senzo (35/88 hp)
2. Morlocks (Blue@42dmg, all blind)
3. Thighbite AoO!

151 to 200 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTrex's PFS [Standard] 02-14 The Chasm of Screams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.