Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMTrex's PFS [Standard] 02-14 The Chasm of Screams

Game Master Andrew Trexler

Tactical Map | Briefing


1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Having responded to his supercilious summons, a team of peerless Pathfinders now sits in a private conference room at the Grand Lodge across from the enigmatic druid known only as Osprey. "I've summoned you here to perform a task of dire necessity. An influential, uh, venture-captain has been afflicted with a terrible curse, and we can’t seem to break it. I’ve done extensive research and believe I know what needs to be done, however. I’ve collected humors from a number of vile creatures, all with supernatural shape-shifting properties, and hope they can be utilized to revert our dear associate to her rightful form. One of these reagents—the yellow bile of a doppelganger -- I entrusted to an old..."

The druid's face twists in discomfort. "Let’s call her an ‘acquaintance,’ shall we? Her name is Eya Uygroulis, though she is often better known as the Phitoness of Axioms, and she’s an extremely powerful seer. She was to prepare the reagent for the forthcoming reversion ritual and deliver it here three days hence; I have heard nothing from her and the prepared reagent is nowhere to be found."

"Eya lives alone in a sacred hermitage high in the Mindspin Mountains, along the border between Nidal and Molthune. I need you to travel there immediately to speak with her, but be subtle with your investigations. She’s a wily one, and quite powerful. Find out why she hasn’t sent the reagent and what I must do to earn her cooperation." Osprey's expression turns sour once again. "She and I have a ‘history,’ and I fear she may ask more than I can deliver. You are authorized to do whatever you may do within your own means to persuade her to cooperate. If something’s happened to her, of course, I ask that you do your best to ensure her safety, but your priority is the reagent."

Osprey comes to an abrupt halt, staring intently in the direction of the assembled adventurers.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

A bearded Ulfen man looks lost in thought. He traces lines idly along a bronzewood staff. With frayed black robes and a worn cloak, he seems out of place. Those who know him see past the threadbare facade, recognizing a great wizard. And they are among the people who call him... Nym?

"I would like ask," he begins, a thick burr in his accent. "which Venture-Captain has been afflicted? I've not seen Adril Hestram recently. Is he well?"

The enchanter doesn't give Osprey a chance to answer, interrupting with a second question. "And can you describe the Phitoness of Axioms? Her appearance and general disposition? Oh, and have you tried scrying magic upon her?"

He then stops, watches Osprey intently, and waits for an answer. His staff absently thumps against the floor.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

A dwarf glides into the room. His corded muscles are on full display as he arrives bare-chested. His beard and hair are tied tightly; indeed everything about him appears taught. He carries little for equipment, though what he does have with him is immaculate.

When he opens his mouth his Taldane is oddly accented, a mix of Dwarven and Minkaian.

Quote:
"I've summoned you here to perform a task of dire necessity"

(In a false whisper) "You know it ain't taking a shower! HAR HAR!" He elbows Nym

To Osprey "If done gone and invited me you're likely assuming it's going to be something other than a negotiation."

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

A thin Halfling, tall for his race, with fine blond hair strides into the room. His face breaks into a smile when he sees Nym,"Tim!!...err Nym! good to see you. Last time I saw you we were saving the world from the elemental invasion. We nearly left our poor carcass on that cold rock didn't we?"

Linslo takes his seat and waits for the others to arrive. He starts to get a bit antsy to get underway.


Osprey titters at the poorly dressed wizard. "Adril is in fine health, as ever. The afflicted Venture-Captain's identity is confidential and none of your concern."

"As for the Phitoness..." Osprey breaks eye contact and releases a deep sigh. "She is most often a rail of a woman, a fair face and blackened hair. Somewhat taller than I. She has a small cleft in her left ear. But I don't expect you will find many others in her remote reach of Golarion."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"Awfully specific if you know what I mean. With a description, I think I'm good. Get the thingy and bring it to smart people."

Senzo begins a few side blade stretches before a push up or 40.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf's eyes widen to the size of dinner plates as Osprey describes the collection of reagents.

"Do you have any plans for the left-overs? Asking for a friend."

Markolf lowers his voice.

"The friend is me."

"Lycanthropy, huh? Listen, if we can't cure the Venture Captain, and if we have to put him or her down, I know a guy who can dispose of the body."

"The guy is also me."

Markolf strokes his beard in a manner that would generously be described as 'grave robby'.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

Senzo gives a belly laugh, "I see what you did there Mr. Crowley!"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

Senzo gives a belly laugh, "I see what you did there Mr. Crowley!" Senzo quiets down "this gunna be good."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

"If you think it makes sense, I can acquire a scrying mirror. After one hour, I may be able to find her. Unless you have tried this, Venture-Captain?"

Happy to try a Scry on her. Unless this is sort of breaking the scenario? I defer to the GM

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 73/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

In clomps another dwarf--this one in a fine suit of full plate (or, it would be fine if it weren't so dinged and dirty) and a mighty double-axe (again, dinged and dirty).

Sorry Ahhm late. We're goin' inta mountains?!?! Aboot time we travel in some decent places!!

He sits unceremoniously, peering at his fellow Agents. His gaze falls on each in turn, giving everyone a nod. He stops for a moment while looking at Senzo, gives a broad grin, and says you don't LOOK like Tanaka...

character isn't updated on the site at this moment, but will be in several hours. Current level is 9

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"HACK! Good to see someone built to proper proportions! This DEFINITELY gunna be good."

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf's gaze turns to the door, following the second dwarf as he enters. His eyes dart quickly between Senzo and Harnac,

"Gentlemen. Should either of you die, would you object to me grafting your arms to the survivor? I call it a 'Goro'. Shame to let a good pair of arms go to waste."

Can Markolf make any knowledge checks regarding the Mindspin Mountains, the Phitoness of Axioms, or any other relevant items?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"If I fall in mortal kombat you get my bee-hind raised. If that doesn't work, then sure!"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 73/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

OK, but...NOT THE BEARD!!!

Update completed, except for PRP and GP which I keep on my hard-copy

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

Linslo leans over to Nym, "What are these dwarves talking about?

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf is scribing Rage and upgrading his headband of smartypants to +4

Who wants buffs? Bull's Strength (+6 Str), Cat's Grace (+6 Dex), Enlarge Person (+4 Str), Rage (+4 Str or Con)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

Enlarge is good!

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

Finally, a grimy, unkempt gnome steps into the doorway. An enormous sword is strapped to his back, and a close inspection would indicate that below the layers of caked on mud, blood, and other filth, his armor and cloak are also of exquisite quality. Unfortunately, the odor emanating from them would make any such inspection none to pleasant. The gnome glances around the room, quickly flips on a pair of spectacles, and looks down at the note in his hand that summoned him here.

"Seems this is the place. What did I miss?"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"Well I'll be! By Cayden's Codpiece! Thighbite! I thought you retired."

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

"Retirement was dull. Too much gardening, not enough adventure."


Nymathor the Enchanter wrote:

"If you think it makes sense, I can acquire a scrying mirror. After one hour, I may be able to find her. Unless you have tried this, Venture-Captain?"

Happy to try a Scry on her. Unless this is sort of breaking the scenario? I defer to the GM

"I have put a great many resources to use. Among them: you. If you have such skill, I'll not stand in your way."

Scry away.

Markolf Crowley wrote:
Can Markolf make any knowledge checks regarding the Mindspin Mountains, the Phitoness of Axioms, or any other relevant items?

Aye! Mindspin Mountains is Geography, Phitoness is Nobility.

Osprey clears his throat. "If that is all, you'd best be going. The sooner you return with my reagent, the sooner we can cure the Venture Captain." With that, he strides from the room, leaving only a crude map on the table.

So... the Mindspin Mountains are hundreds of miles away from where you sit in Skyreach. How do you plan to get there? (You are allowed to "call in a favor" from your Faction for a teleport. The price is... ummm... 4 Prestige per creature.)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1
Linslo said wrote:
Linslo leans over to Nym, "What are these dwarves talking about?

"Dwarves are very particular about the company they keep. Do not worry. You're small, you'll fit once they know you."

To the Venture-Captain, Nym says, "Excellent. I will need a connection to her. A picture of her will do, an article of clothing would be better, and hair or nail clippings would be best."

To the rest of the group, he says, "I can use powerful magic to transport us. I will need to prepare though, and so should you."
Although it'll take 3 castings, I can Teleport Nym and 6 others. Happy to make this our trip out there. There's minimal risk

****************

After acquiring an expensive silver mirror (and assuming that I have her likeness), Nym finds a quiet area in the Grand Lodge to cast his spell. The process takes intense focus and an hour of his time. Finally, the Enchanter gazes at the mirror...

Scrying, for reference

DC 21 Will save. Assuming second hand knowledge and a picture of her, she gets a +3 to the save. "If the save fails, you can see and hear the subject and its surroundings (approximately 10 feet in all directions of the subject). If the subject moves, the sensor follows at a speed of up to 150 feet."

Liberty's Edge

Halfing Male Halfling Bard8/fighter2(HP: 66/66) | Init: +5 | AC: 19 T: 14, FF: 16 | Perception +14 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +8 | CMB: +9 | CMD: 24 (19Fl) | 1* reroll 1/1

" Nym knows what he knows. let his make our travel swift"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf casts Investigative Mind and Heightened Awareness (80 minutes each). Then he plumbs the depths of his mind...

Knowledge: Nobility (roll #1): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Knowledge: Nobility (roll #2): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Knowledge: Geography (roll #1): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Knowledge: Geography (roll #2): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

(2/7 uses of Investigative Mind)

Markolf watches Nym with great curiosity as he performs the scrying.

"What you are doing right now is a complete breach of privacy."

"Teach me."

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

Thighbite observes the preparations with a growing sense of unease, and then dismay. Off to the side, he starts rambling, to no one in particular. "Oh of course. 'Thighbite, come back, we've got the perfect task for you!' And what is it? Certainly not just to team up with some honest folk to explore a ruin, no no no, can't have that. Nope, let's stick poor Thighbite with a bunch of wizards," he spits, "to go check up on another wizard, and watch him squirm. And now I'm going to go get poofed hundreds of miles away because horses are inconvenient or aren't trustworthy? Ha. Oh but I'll be ready, always ready, stay alert, they all go crazy at some point..."

This, with some variations, simply repeats on and on. It seems Thighbite's preparations are solely to ready himself for the horrors of teleportation.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"Oi! Hack and I do NOT even LOOK like wizards...."

"And if you think Markolf is upstanding, you need your ears checked."

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

Thighbite looks over the two dwarfs and considers this.
"No, Hack is good. You...no weapons. Suspicious. Could just be a wizard that exercises..." Thighbite chuckles a bit, and then breaks into a fit of laughter over the absurdity of such a thing. "Maybe not. Be careful though. You never know when they might turn you into a chicken. Safe one minute, then BAM never the same again!"

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf, previously ignoring Thighbites chatter, suddenly grows interested.

"You want to be a chicken? I can make that happen. Let's talk turkey."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

Senzo continues to laugh, "This gunna be better than gooood."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 73/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)
Markolf Crowley wrote:
Who wants buffs? Bull's Strength (+6 Str), Cat's Grace (+6 Dex), Enlarge Person (+4 Str), Rage (+4 Str or Con)

Why is your BS/CG +6--is that some specific bonus for you? I'm currently +2, so that level of bonus, or Rage, would both be a net +4 for me. I'd be eager to get Str boosted, with either (or both???) :-) Enlarge would also probably be good...I would take any of those 3 you wish to bestow, with thanks.

THIGHBITE!! Fully armed and filthy, as usual!!

If our resident Wise Guys can get us where we need to be quicker than walkin', I'm all for it. Other n' that, I'm ready.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16
Harnac Lucridious wrote:


Why is your BS/CG +6--is that some specific bonus for you? I'm currently +2, so that level of bonus, or Rage, would both be a net +4 for me. I'd be eager to get Str boosted, with either (or both???) :-) Enlarge would also probably be good...I would take any of those 3 you wish to bestow, with thanks.

Markolf is a brown-fur transmuter, so he can boost ability score increases from spells an additional +2 by spending arcane reservoir points when he casts them.

So by spending 3 points, he could give you a +6 enhancement bonus, +4 size bonus, and +4 morale bonus.

First time we look likely to hit combat I'm planning to give the dorfs and gnome extended 'powerful' bull's strength and go from there.

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

Just an fyi - buffing Thighbite once he's started raging is difficult... before combat is fine, but during, single target buffs often end up being a waste of a spell/action. Prioritize the others.

"Never! No more chickens!" Turning to Harnac, feeling quite vindicated, "See what I mean?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 73/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)
Markolf Crowley wrote:
So by spending 3 points, he could give you a +6 enhancement bonus, +4 size bonus, and +4 morale bonus.

You are currently My Favorite


Osprey does not have a habit of writing things down and is not what one would call an artist. His description of the Phitoness is the best he can muster.

1d20 ⇒ 5

Nym:
You see the Phitoness as described, spattered with mud in a shabby robe, unconscious on an inconspicuous patch of woodland dirt, seemingly alone. The chatter of a rough, guttural tongue can be heard shouted nearby. You do not recognize the speech.

Markolf has never heard of the Phitoness of Axioms. He is, however, familiar with the Mindspin Mountains: a forbidding mountain range situated primarily between the Varisian steppe and the orc-infested Hold of Belkzen. The journey will likely involve climbing, a good deal of snow, and frigid conditions.

Nym, do you have enough spell slots for 3 castings of teleport today, or would the party prefer to wait until tomorrow? We can be off as soon as you give the go.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

"Oddly enough, the mountains will be cold and steep."

If Nym has Endure Elements and Spider Climb in his spell book, Markolf would like to copy them before we leave. Otherwise, he'd like to scribe them from some other rando wizard.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym would need to rest and prepare Teleport. Three spell slots on Teleport would make him a taxi, not a wizard. ;)

Nym breathes in sharply, releasing the image. "I have seen her, and she is not well. She seems to be unconscious, and the voices of others could be heard. A language I know not, and I know many languages. I don't how long she'll be there, but I can only transport us on the morrow. But... When I do, gird yourselves for battle."

Feel free to look at the spoiler for Nym. Any questions you ask him will yield what he knows.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym has Spider Climb.

For Markolf:

==============================================

The next morning, the wizard lays out his plan.

"So... there will be danger. That's why we have you three," he gestures to Harnac, Senzo, and Thighbite. "And to a lesser extent, you." he gestures to Linslo. "Where I will take us is surely dangerous, so Markolf will ready you for battle. It's probable that the Phitoness is a captive, or is dead. But I will take us directly to where I saw her. It will be dangerous. I warned you."

Nym continues. "I will magically teleport myself, Harnac, Senzo, and Thighbite first, then return here, then teleport Linslo and Markolf. If the danger is great, I will suggest we immediately return instead, and try a different approach. That is plan A."

"Plan B is that I, under the cover of magical invisibility, teleport there with two warriors, quickly grab her, and teleport us all back here. I could try to scry her first, but given that she's unconscious we may need to return there to get what we need anyhow. Probably better to deal with the danger. Though, again, I warned you..."

"Thoughts? I favour plan A."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"Get on with Plan A already. I'm all stretched and warmed up! Croiky, you'd think with a beard as majestic as yours you'd be a little more decisive."

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf casts Bull's Strength, extending the duration with his lesser metamagic rod of extend and increasing the enhancement bonus with Powerful Change.

Senzo, Harnac, and Thighbite each get a +6 enhancement bonus to strength for the next 16 minutes.

He marvels in appreciation at his work.

"Go, my beautiful pets. GO!"

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Oh, and he taps the four teleporters with his newly acquired wand of Endure Elements*.

*Markolf would like to spend 2 prestige to procure a wand of Endure Elements.

Then he taps himself and Linslo. He also casts Investigative Mind and Heightened Awareness.

ETA: Scribing the following

Spoiler:

Endure Elements 10gp
Spider Climb 40gp
mirror image 40gp

Rage 90gp
water breathing 90gp
gaseous form 90gp

black tentacles 160gp
dimension door 160gp
elemental body I 160gp
greater invisibility 160gp
monstrous physique II 160gp
scrying 160gp
stone shape 160gp

overland flight 250gp
teleport 250gp

Auto succeed on all spellcraft checks if Nym is willing to assist on the L4 and L5 spells.

Scarab Sages

Male Gnome Barbarian 9 | HP 103/113 | Init: +2 | AC: 24 (22) T: 15 (13) FF: NA DR: 1/- | F:11(14) R: 7 W: 5 (+2 vs illusion, +2 vs fear, +4 morale will raging, +6 morale all spells, sla, su raging) | Perc: 14 | CMD: 26 (29) | Rage: 20/23

A full day of anticipation seems to be taking its toll on Thighbite's mental state. The rambling has ceased, and now he stands aside, quivering, sword drawn, and aside from the seemingly random and completely incomprehensible occasional outburst, silent. It's not clear how much longer he's going to be able to hold it together.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Nym helps Markolf with the tricky bits

Dark Archive

Male Human (Chelaxian) Male Arcanist (Brown-fur transmuter) 7 | HP 37 / 37 | AC 12 (16) T 12 FF 10 (14) | CMD 14 CMB +2 | F +5 R +6 W +7 | Init +7 | Per +10; Kn (Arc, Dun, Loc, Pla, Rel) +14; Kn (Eng, Geo, His, Nob) +11; Spel +16

Markolf sets a bottle of bleach next to Thighbite, then stands back to take notes.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 9 AC:25/27 Touch:14/16 FF: 21 HP 73/123 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:13;R:6;W:8(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hack holds his axe in one hand, and places the other on Thighbite's shoulder. Steady, lad...ye will have enough to do soon enough!

He gives Markolf a nod of thanks...but raises a bushy eyebrow at the "pets" thing

my posting will be spotty over the weekend

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Once it becomes apparent that everyone is ready, Nym asks the three to join hands with him. Eyes closed, he begins incanting a spell to teleport them...

Let's see where this takes us...
Mishap chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 15


With an audible pop, Nym and three companion Pathfinders abandon Linslo and Markolf to mute contemplation within the sturdy halls of Skyreach. At least, for now.

2d100 + 1d8 ⇒ (87, 42) + (6) = 135

Nym, Hack, Senzo, Thighbite:
The quarter initially appears on the bank of the Sellen River somewhere in Andoran. Nym decides to try again. There's another pop, and...

The first sensation that joins the travelers on the other side of the void is a wintry chill. This patch of unremarkable dirt is devoid of the Phitoness -- or anyone else. Tall pines break the slope of gentle hillside, frostbitten but not yet washed in snow. Uphill a short distance are the remains of what might have been a half dozen hovels. The whistle of a gentle wind and the creak of the trees are the only sounds in this lonely expanse.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard(Enchanter)/10 (HP: 69/72) | Init: +8 | AC: 15 T: 11, FF: 14 | Perception +0 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +10 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 15 (14Fl) | 3* reroll 1/1

Hack, Senzo, Thighbite:
"Alright. That went... well, it was fine. Exactly as I planned. Now... hold tight. if I'm not back in a few minutes. Wait longer."

He casts a spell, then disappears.
On target?: 1d100 ⇒ 67

Markolf, Linslo:
With a loud pop sound Nym reappears in the room. "Ok, quickly now. Let's not keep them waiting."

The enchanter touches a ring on his hand, then casts a spell.
On target?: 1d100 ⇒ 9


Hack, Senzo, Thighbite:
The bearded wizard vanishes from sight. The wind sighs. The trees sway. The cold whispers. After a few minutes pass, it's clear that Nym did not make it back as planned.

Nym, Linslo, Markolf:
The first sensation that joins the travelers on the other side of the void is a deep chill. This patch of unremarkable dirt is devoid of the Phitoness -- or anyone else. Tall pines break the slope of gentle hillside, frostbitten but not yet washed in snow. Uphill a short distance the mountain trail widens, and glints of sunlight dart through the clutching, skeletal branches of the towering yellow pines. The incline softens into a small dell, set against the backdrop of the grey, toothy peaks of the Mindspin Mountains. Near the center of the clearing stands a small hovel of rough basalt stones, neatly covered with sod to protect it from the mountain’s winter. According to the landmarks Osprey’s map matched against those visible nearby, this is the sacred hermitage of Eya Uygroulis, better known as the Phitoness of Axioms.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 7 (HP: 35/88 Ki: 4/7), Init: +7, AC: 22 T: 21, FF: 22, Perception +13, F: +11, R: +9, W: +7, CMB: +10, CMD: 28

"He said wait. I'll wait forever if I have to. Now, let's do kata."

1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTrex's PFS [Standard] 02-14 The Chasm of Screams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.