Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Trajan's Dragonlance Heroes of the Lance PBP

Game Master gmpathfinder


601 to 650 of 707 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Hill dwarf Inquistor(Reorx/Paladine);2/ Ranger-2

Dorum reads them as well, thinking of his grandfathers stories as he reads on. If this power can bring back my friend, maybe the gods are truley real.

The dwarf suddenly stops reading and was in shock of the mutt talking and the gods return that he lost sight of his manners, "Sorry Mutt just realized I be acting like a gully dwarf and ignoring me manners. Da names Durom Stonehammer and what is yours?" He holds out his meaty paw to the dog.


Durom is amazed as a brown leathery hand returns the grasp. In a blink of an eye the mastiff has grown into 6'2" dark skinned humanoid with a mastiff's head I am Y'lendon, Marshal of the Fifth Golden Flight. Servant of Paladine. Tasked to guard this temple until the proper priests return. He pauses, turning to Janos Sir Knight. The world is in need of many faithful to take up their symbols and heed the words of Paladine and his consorts. No one man or woman can bear the burden of returning faith to all potential followers. There may be many who wear the mantle for each church: how you organize, how you structure your faith is up to each group. For now, the choice is simple- read the disks. Find a faith that you believe in, and select that god as your patron. I see your hearts are free of evil; you will be good vessels to return light to the land.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal makes his way to the fountain, drinking until he feels better. He is both surprised and disappointed that it does neither returns his arm nor lets him keep his buzz. He takes another couple swigs of his own 'healing draughts' before he strolls past each of the statues in turn. He stops after passing them, giving a questioning look to the keeper, "Why izh it nat I don shee Reorx in dese?" *hic* "Accordin to the resursh at Mt. Nevuhhmine, he ish not olly a good god, hees a Great one!"

How much of my arm is missing, cut off at the shoulder, bicep, or elbow?


Male Kender

"Wow an I was rubbing yer belly, tha would be awkward now!"

Continues to read and study the disks.....searching for something that fits his normal ways.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I recognize the name, Paladine. The primary patron of the Knights of Solomnia, and head of the Order of the Rose. We call him Draco Paladine. Also the horned one, whose symbol is the Bison of Heaven, Kiri-Jolith, Sword of Justice, who also is sacred patron or the Order of the Sword and the Clerists order, and his brother, Habbakuk, sealord and Fisher King, know as the unlikely patron of the Order of the Crown. [i]I had always believed them to be important founds of the knighthood. Founders in a sense, though certainly mortal ones, made imortal through legend and fame. Didst thou speak to another elf, an elderly man some months or years back? And what meanist thou by "Marshal of the Fifth Golden Flight"? Art thou a knight?

I'd like to roll a
Know: Nobility - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Know: History - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
or
Know: Religion - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
to see if I recognize either "Y'lendon" or the "Fifth Golden Flight".

I do not mean to be rude, but what art thou, Mr.(?) Y'lendon, and how is it that Master-Gnome Rumal is returned to us. I touched his body, myself. It was lifeless. There was not even the spark of hope of revival within him, and even so, his wounds where too fatal to survive. And yet, here he standeth? Does he have a silver arm?


Rumal, you are missing from the elbow down.

Rumal, my diminutive friend, Reorx is a greater God. He shaped the world, after all. Yet, when it comes to the affairs of men he takes a more balanced approach: only when his children are threatened does he align with the gods of light and justice. The temple of he and his aloof brethren was to the east of here prior to the cataclysm. The missing disks include books from his church.
Trap finder, I might have enjoyed that, after all, I been trapped in this hall for centuries.

Sir Knight, the span of human life is short, yet still some memories carry on. Paladine and his sons are indeed gods. From time to time they have taken human form and walked among men. The founding of your order was one such visit. Forgive me for my explanation may be difficult for you to understand. I am a knight similar to yourself, however my home is not among mortals such as yourself. Rather, I am tasked to serve Paladine by fighting the hordes of Devils controlled by the dark queen.

Paladine has welcomed many good souls to heaven, even in the darkest of years. Now, however, he sees the dark hordes massing on earth and in hell. It is his healing that brought back Mr Rumal. Had either Reorx or Paladine or any other god lay claim to his soul, Rumal's spirit would not have returned to hide body. Only a will to live and an unfinished business would make the soul return on the ethereal path, and only divine energy can reunite soul to body.

The archon has arms of flesh, but wears an inscripted breastplate. A massive 2handed sword is strapped to his back. He is a nearly perfect, unblemished being to your eyes, one unlike you have ever seen.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

Suppossedly real deities, of good no less, and now we are being told that there are "devils" as well . . . he thinks to himself.


Male Kender

"So you were trapped in here alone! With nothing to do? And no friends?"

"That sounds most horrible!"


Male Elf Barbarian / 3

Hu'tonkton considers dumping the waterskin, but he already spent what good water he had onto the floor. Holy water should taste no different than the normal kind. I hope.

The water spoils when taken from the fountain. I just need to bring father here, to this place then. Put his mouth to the waters and his flesh shall be knit whole again. A goodly plan, save the journey would certainly kill him. If he yet lived in the first.

He balls his fists in frustration. All these long years he'd searched. All the miles, finally repaid by miracle waters that might well have been piss, for all the good it did him.

"Which of these disks teach how to mend a broken body? How to put back the stuff of life? This is what I come seeking."


Y'lendon turns to Hu, putting his hand on the elf's shoulder Most of the deities here can grant healing magicks to their faithful, but mostly for small injuries and repairing damage on the field of battle. For the worst disease and other healings, only prayers granted by Mishakal to her most devout followers can help. She heals the sick and maimed. Her followers tend to be more likely to settle their differences with words than fists, however, so it may be difficult for your to earn her favor. Perhaps, when word of her returns to the world, you can find someone who is capable of being her voice on earth. That person may be able to channel the power capable of healing your father. I think, my friend, that the disks lost below us may hold your salvation. The sooner they are retrieved and distributed, the sooner we can begin to push back the veil of darkness that is passing over your world.

He turns to the others. I may be able to offer you some more help. There is a small cache of supplies that the temple collected. They were ultimately destined for destruction in Istar, but had not been shipped out prior to the fiery mountain falling.

He walks over to the statue of Paladine, and moves a panel aside. He pulls from the space a small bundle of goods. Pulling aside a tarp, he reveals a silver rapier, a copper colored dagger with a bird on the pommel, two small flasks, a wooden case containing three grey rocks, a wand, and a steel shield with Paladine's dragon embossed.


For some reason, it doesn't show that you've leveled up to 4th level. Did I miss that, or are you all in the process of adding a level?

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I never saw it, but honestly, I'm not sure it will change much just yet until we have a rest anyway. :)


Male Kender

I think I will level to 4 anything interesting on the cleric side of things?


The temple, with it's magical protections and healing fountains, makes a good resting place. I'm assuming you're all recovering, healing, and taking some time to read through the disks- particularly if you're taking a/some level(s) in cleric.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I'll level up soon. And Trap, why on earth would you want to be a Cleric when Kender look so nice in mage robes. And all those interesting spell components. And some much shiney, shiney stuff. And it's like a game. You get to walk around and shout incoherent mumbo-jumbo and make all kinds of funny hand motions. Being a real wizard is probably the most amazing thing ever. Well, I'll bet there has never been a KinderMage before. Plus, they give you more pouches...


"Sir" Janos Donner wrote:
I'll level up soon. And Trap, why on earth would you want to be a Cleric when Kender look so nice in mage robes. And all those interesting spell components. And some much shiney, shiney stuff. And it's like a game. You get to walk around and shout incoherent mumbo-jumbo and make all kinds of funny hand motions. Being a real wizard is probably the most amazing thing ever. Well, I'll bet there has never been a KinderMage before. Plus, they give you more pouches...

Hilarious!


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal is almost done, thought of taking Oracle with his brush with death, but stuck with Alch. I just need to roll his HP. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9. Woot! makes up for his two 1's rolled for levels 2 and 3.


Male Kender

But no expects the kender medic!


Male Elf Barbarian / 3

Hu'tonkton examines the silver rapier without touching it. A truly beautiful weapon, one meant for his hand...

He glances at the others. "I claim this weapon as mine own." He waits a second for to see if challenge is raised.

(assuming no one raises objections...

Hu frees his short sword from its scabbard. The blade is plain, the steel notched at the base. A serviceable weapon. One who's time has come.

He dropped the sword and picked up the silver rapier. Testing the air with it, he can't help but grin. "A truly beautiful weapon. Let this one offer thanks." He bowed to Y'lendon.

"It is to Mishakal that I must needs pray, then. What of the god Chislev. Will I find words written of this one in these lost vaults?"

I'm leaning toward taking a level of druid with Chislev as diety. Given the discs for the neutral gods aren't available, should I hold-off on taking druid? Or can I take the level, indicating Hu is developing an affinity with nature, and the god worship can come later?


Male Kender

"Did you say a wooden box with grey rocks inside!"

"I want that!"

"Hey a short-sword!"


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal, remembering with the others about the items, grabs what interests him the most. The two vials are gripped in his hands, as he opens each in turn, swirling, sniffing, and investigating their colors before declaring what he thinks they are.

Alchemy (Su) to ID vials (Craft Alchemy) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for Vial 1, and 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 for Vial 2.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I'm leaning towards Paladine, but I also want to be a Clerist. In the book, it mentions a lot that Kiri-Jolith is the patron, but the mechanics do not specify you need to be a Cleric of Kiri-Jolith specifically. If you would allow, I'm ging to pick Paladine, though I still want to hold off a little for that, for RP reasons. Not too much longer, I just don't like the about face it would mean sort of out of nowhere.

That being said, if no one else minds, I'm interested in the shield, the wooden case (though not the rocks, ha ha ha), and the dagger, most. None of them really matter so much to me though. I don't use a dagger, don't use a Heavy shield, et. . .


rumal:
one vial is cure light wounds, the other is an invisibility potion. Caster level is 3.

Janos:
The names are not familiar; he is not speaking of earthly beings. Apparently he is some sort of Angel. Also, you can specify which this you serve later

The steel shield is a light shield, not heavy steel.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

ok, then I'd like the shield (could have sworn it said heavy somewhere). :) Also, I forgot the rules for HP. I think I said I was going for the average HP, and I think there where special rules for that. If not, I'll roll. Everything else is updated, I believe. +1 Rank to Diplomacy, Know Religion, and Sense Motive, and I added Spellcraft. +1 Str, BaB, Fort and Will.


Male Kender

"I feel different maybe I should lie down!"


The sun slinks low in the west. The lanterns give the temple a warm soft glow. The temple is safe and quiet; you know that it is a safe place to rest.


Hill dwarf Inquistor(Reorx/Paladine);2/ Ranger-2

"If theres one thing a dwarf knows its rocks, let me take a look at those little one." The dwarf looks over the rocks and feels the difference in him, something he never believed would happen but his grandfather was right they did come back.

"You didn't each those mushroom's again did you Trap?"

If the Dwarf can't figure out what the rocks are, he'll just dismiss them and reload his empty clips and sharpen his bolts.

Let me know what knowledge you wish for me to roll on them GM Trajan. Also sorry I've been missing for a while, it's been an odd week for me so I will keep up from now on and my character is all leveled up and ready to go!


Male Kender

"Maybe we should stay away from tha mushrooms an one o us should give up drinkin."


Between Trap and Durom, you figure out that they would make excellent sling bullets. However, you're not sure what would happen when they impact with something solid- they seem like they might break apart easily.

Silver rapier & Dagger:
A few practice bouts tells you that the rapier and dagger are both somehow quicker or more accurate than your prior weapons. You can add a +1 to attack and damage when wielding them. You have an inkling that the enhancement is magical in nature


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Back

Rumal looks at the two vials, impressed "Thish wun looksh like dey put the foutin inna bottle, but the other Ima study fur...*hic* furth...*hic* more." As he puts the bottles into his belt he heads over to the fountain, drinking until the throbbing in his missing arm stops again. He then grabs his pack, throws it on the floor where it and the fountain meet, and before long is snoring loudly.

He'll drink until fully healed.


Hill dwarf Inquistor(Reorx/Paladine);2/ Ranger-2

"Trap take the rocks as well as the dagger wit me votes, and hey Rummy do you know anything about this stick?" He holds up the wand for Rumal to take look at, he asks after Rumal is done drinking though.


The hound archon shows you the back pathway down to the crypts below the temple. The statue of Paladine has a false wall that hides circular staircases. He warns that outside the sphere of the temple's protection, the pathway may become damaged or blocked from the upheaval of the cataclysm.

Although he doesn't know what's buried deep beneath the city, he can tell you that pre-cataclysm there was a series of crypts and vaults- one of which held the master set of disks. The neutral temple and the rest of the city must have collapsed inward into the space below. He senses the disks in close proximity to the massive evil of the dragon you encountered earlier.

Two other potential pathways down exist: the well- a dark deep shaft that you know the dragon can traverse.
The third is to go over the side of the cliff and see if there's an entry way where the cavern split open as the city broke apart.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

@Durom

Rumal looks bleary-eyed at the stick Durom holds in his hands, "That, my frendwarf, is a shtick. It loogs poiny, an can prolly be used as a weppin. My ma aways sed you could put an eye out wif one." He seems certain of his assesment, adding as an epiphany "Mebbe is mashicul too, an makes someone skilled at usin shticks to put out eyes. Souns powerful! I think I might hole onto that if you don mine?"

Sorry, given the Tower's chokehold on magic use, and that Alchemists don't have Detect Magic on their Formulae list, Rumal is pretty useless in the magic Item ID department.

After the Archon speaks.

"Stairs, wells, or cliffses. Plese tell me I don haf to be the olny one to make the sober disishun an say stairs?" He asks worriedly


Rumal wrote:

@Durom

Rumal looks bleary-eyed at the stick Durom holds in his hands, "That, my frendwarf, is a shtick. It loogs poiny, an can prolly be used as a weppin. My ma aways sed you could put an eye out wif one." He seems certain of his assesment, adding as an epiphany "Mebbe is mashicul too, an makes someone skilled at usin shticks to put out eyes. Souns powerful! I think I might hole onto that if you don mine?"

Sorry, given the Tower's chokehold on magic use, and that Alchemists don't have Detect Magic on their Formulae list, Rumal is pretty useless in the magic Item ID department.

After the Archon speaks.

"Stairs, wells, or cliffses. Plese tell me I don haf to be the olny one to make the sober disishun an say stairs?" He asks worriedly

Identify works as detect magic with a +10 bonus. You could also have a cleric cast dm. Option 3 is to try and activate it blindly with use magic device skill.

I propose a new house rule that allows alchemists to detect magic by sprinkling a mixture onto the object to be studied. The chemical reaction's color and intensity would indicate school and power level retrospectively. I understand not bothering with 0 level formulas, but for our game Rumal serves as our arcane master. Any objections to the rule?


Male Kender

Since we rested....

"Hey lemme see!"

casts detect magic

spellcraft
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Hill dwarf Inquistor(Reorx/Paladine);2/ Ranger-2

KenderKin is on a natty 20 frenzy today hehe.

Durom shrugs at Rummy, "Just a stick ah? Magic be new to me, so I thought you may have more experience with that kinda stuff." He pats the gnome on the back, "I knew I shouldn't of asked the drunk, haha. With our current luck I would say we take the stairs as well."

He shakes his head at the kender, "So whats you think it is Mr. Barefoot."


S

trap:
Wand of ablative barrier, cl 3, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ablative-barrier


Male Kender

"Hey this is a useful stick, layers of force to protect everyone."

"Who wants to try it out?"
points the stick at people......

"This reminds me of the kender game, involving owlbear s&++ and a stick and chasing gulley dwarves....."


The staircase down is 5' wide, with carved marble spiral stairs descending into darkness. The first step down you can feel the warmth and safety of the temple fading. Below, darkness and silence await.

Perception and initiative rolls please


Hill dwarf Inquistor(Reorx/Paladine);2/ Ranger-2

The dwarf moves down the stairs with his crossbow drawn.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Init:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Kender

Goes first down the stairs

Initiative
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
To over-hear conversations 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Automatic perception check within 10 of a trap
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Stealth
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

@Trap

Rumal appears curious at the mention of force, "Canna look athat? How you layer force, it dunent look like it perfidze torque? Mebbe issa tool to tiden armor joins."

@The stairs

Rumal follows Durom's lead and draws his crossbow, and loads it. Just what everyone wants a drunk with a loaded weapon.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Kender

"Shhhhhhh...."


Did we lose Janos and Hu?


Male Kender

My bad I shushed the thread.... ;)

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I'm sorry. Thinkgs with my deployment have kept me away for a week or two. I haven't even been able to get on for much email or anything. It is pretty crazy, but I'm still here. I will try to get back in regularly.


Male Elf Barbarian / 3

Sorry, I'm still here... been swamped at home & work the past 2 weeks, and have been holding off on posting until I could finish leveling up. I'll get submit something. Hope to have the leveling done next week.


Male Elf Barbarian / 3

Hu spends their day of rest outside, away from the others. Alone to his thoughts, he thinks over the long days that have brought him to this place. With these erstwhile companions.

He feels as though he's standing at the edge of an immense cliff, looking down into a dark chasm below. Something is glinting down in the depths. Something shiny with promise. For his father. And perhaps, himself.

...

"The stairs," Hu says when talk turns to how best to move below, in the dark vaults. He moves to take his place at the front of the group and is not surprised when the kender slips past him. Say one thing of kender - they are good trap finders.

Bow drawn, arrow nocked, he silently follows on Trap's footsteps into the darkness.


Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


No worries, just checking that our pace hasn't crawled to a stop..

As Hu stares off into the sea, he notices something overlooked earlier. The huge trees that hang off the edge of the precipice have been outfitted with a series of winches attached to lifts. 400 yards below a small beachfront hosts a handful of rowboats. Beyond, anchored in the safety of the cove are half a dozen warships, each flying a red dragon wing banner. The sails are raised and the oars are tucked up... the host who sailed these vessels has moved ashore some time ago.

Leaning over the edge you can see an enterance to the collapsed city, halfway up the cliff face. A small ledge extends out, currently the counter weight lift sits upon it. The other lift basket is on top of the cliff. Just would be easy to descend via the lift, but also loud.


Male Kender

"Hey that is really cool, whose ships are those?"

601 to 650 of 707 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Trajan's Dragonlance Heroes of the Lance PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.